PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Carr's future in the NFL

2BCF
03-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Tried to cover all bases, even for the groupies.

Wharton
03-24-2007, 12:25 PM
I voted that Carr days as a starter are over. But while it may sound outragous, its not unthink able that he may retire. Its just a feeling, but I don't think he likes playing football that much.

J-Storm
03-24-2007, 12:53 PM
I'd like to see the guy flourish somehwere to be honest. If (and that's a BIG if) he finds and lands in the right place, right scenario, I could see him lasting as a starter for a few seasons. And we could apply the same theory to our new QB 'Miracle Matt'...

kiwitexansfan
03-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Think he starts 2+ seasons in his career elsewhere and he is a good enough player to be in a superbowl. Hey if Rex can anyone has a shot at it.

thunderkyss
03-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Tried to cover all bases, even for the groupies.

If he's made the starter next season(for what ever team) he's going to struggle. I believe he needs to sit for a whole season. At the very least, he needs to be the backup, so there is no pressure on him, and he can concentrate on playing football, and getting better, and not on turning an expansion team around, or saving a city, or living up to fan expectations.

Hopefully, we'll go a whole season without hearing a thing about David Carr. I think it'll help shake the ghosts out of his head. then he can come out in '08, and rebuild his career.

Huge
03-24-2007, 06:27 PM
He'll be a starter again long enough for his next team to realize that it wasn't just the OL in Houston.

keyfro
03-24-2007, 06:30 PM
i'm not gonna say that he's gonna lead a team to the superbowl but i think he's gonna start for awhile in this league as long as he gets his head on straight...a team like the vikes make a lot of sense for him to go to and start for awhile...i wouldn't be surprised if he turns the corner with a new team

Marcus
03-24-2007, 10:57 PM
I think he's gonna move back to California and swap spit with Ibar Harry. :winky:

Texizgreat
03-25-2007, 10:04 AM
There is nothing between

Carr will start 2+ seasons.
He'll lead his next team to the Super Bowl!

I think he will get some team in about 3-4yrs to the playoffs.

whiskeyrbl
03-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Think he gets a strarting gig this year, or maybe sit behind someone and take the helm of a team next year.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
03-25-2007, 10:54 AM
He'll be a starter again long enough for his next team to realize that it wasn't just the OL in Houston.
Well, if Schaub has the exact same problem, we'll finally see who was right about that little arguement.
With a decent O-line, Carr will lead his next team to a few winning seasons/playoffs. Good luck to him.

kastofsna
03-25-2007, 11:07 AM
carr will start as a backup, get some coaching from a competent teacher, come in as a replacement due to injury or lack of production, play well enough to become the top free agent QB on the market, go strike it rich with a new team, thne play out the rest of his days there as a solid, servicable QB.