PDA

View Full Version : How do you think Shanahan and Schaub will do together?

TheRealJoker
03-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Little Shanahan is widely regarded around league circles as one of the bright young minds in the NFL coaching ranks. His skeptics claim he's only gotten the jobs he's gotten because he's Mike Shanahan's son but he refused to work for his dad when he became a coach because he didn't want people to think he had anything handed to him.

Last year he was our WR's coach during AJ's best season to date but one season isn't really enough to see how much of an effect coaching guys that are roughly the same age as him or older (Moulds). Now he's coaching a position he never played in QB.

Enter Matt Schaub:

If Schaub does big things this year, how much credit do you think Little Shanny gets? On the other side of the coin, if Schaub becomes Carr 2.0 how much blame do you think Little Shanny will get?

I think if Schaub is succesful Little Shanny is on the fast track to an NFL OC or HC position. But if he's not...what do you think?

Stampede
03-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Good question. JMO but I think that Shanahan will almost be as much of a student as Schaub will be this year. If he wants to work with our new QB, he may have to buy a crowbar to pry him out of Kubes back pocket.

steelbtexan
03-24-2007, 10:15 AM
I think Shanny is a H.C. in the future. Although the tatoo man love with Simms bothers me a little.

Please_Evolve
03-24-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm willing to betthe coaching carosel continues next season. Sherman will get another headcoaching gig or at least get offered one. Might go onto a different staff. Cue in Shannahan as the OC here. IMO looks like what they're doing in Dallas with Garrett. Grooming him for a position.

4Texans
03-24-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm willing to betthe coaching carosel continues next season. Sherman will get another headcoaching gig or at least get offered one. Might go onto a different staff. Cue in Shannahan as the OC here. IMO looks like what they're doing in Dallas with Garrett. Grooming him for a position.

Yep. Shanahan is an up and coming OC for sure. As much as Kubiak (& Sherman) are schooling him, he is a smart individual and knows the game. If Schaub has a decent year, I expect him to get some credit. If Shaub does not have a decent year, then I expect Kubiak and Sherman will take most of the blame.

Tulip
03-24-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm hoping they'll get tattoos of each other's intials by the end of OTAs.

:jk:

I think Shanahan is going to rise pretty quickly through the ranks in the NFL. He has a good pedigree, and good connections. Aside from his dad, he seems to be networking pretty well.

whiskeyrbl
03-24-2007, 02:43 PM
I think Shannahan gets OJT from Kubiak this year.

4Texans
03-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Just think, Lil' Shanahan and the Texans start having some success, and running a great offense........

Big Shanahan decides to retire.....................

Who do the Bronco's call in for interviews??????????????

I'm just thinking long term..........