PDA

View Full Version : Who has the face now?

yourfavoritetexan42
03-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Colts have Peyton, Falcons have Vick, Titans now have Vince Young and the Ravens have Ray Lewis. Texans had Carr...

who is the new face for the franchise? Who is the leader of this team?

-Mario Williams? He played a decent season despite injury and is a genetic freak... number one overall pick spent on him. He is a DE however and didn't even lead our team in sacks.

-Demeco Ryans? Has the most tackles on the team and is our only defensive playmaker as of now.

-Matt Schaub? Fills in Carrs shoes... however has yet to be proven.

-Ahman Green? Only starter at a playmaker spot that has played in a playoff game. New Face, but this face has been seen in hawaii.

-Andre Johnson? Our only pro bowler... our only successful first round pick.

alphajoker
03-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Like Urlacher is to the Bears, DeMeco will be for the Texans.

hadaad
03-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Colts have Peyton, Falcons have Vick, Titans now have Vince Young and the Ravens have Ray Lewis. Texans had Carr...

-Mario Williams? He played a decent season despite injury and is a genetic freak... number one overall pick spent on him. He is a DE however and didn't even lead our team in sacks.

-Demeco Ryans? Has the most tackles on the team and is our only defensive playmaker as of now.

-Ahman Green? Only starter at a playmaker spot that has played in a playoff game. New Face, but this face has been seen in hawaii.

You wouldn't consider Williams or Robinson as successful?

Well, I guess that's for you to decide.

BattleRedRaider
03-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Eric Winston!

Cupps
It's Kris Brown.

Duh.

:P

Mr teX
http://cache.etopps.com/images/Cards/024-00540fl.jpg

How's that look?................ book it.

shanden
03-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Probably Demeco Ryans or Andre Johnson are the face of the franchise.

If Schaub becomes a probowler he will obviously take those reigns.
If Mario becomes a probowler he will also take the reigns.

Exithios

The Texans are currently "faceless", being one of the red headed step children to the NFL fan base. Schaub will be amidst the media blitz heading into the season and could likely be our face for the short term...

HOU-TEX
Here's the face of the franchise::dance2:

http://www.suhouston.com/images/Texans_Logo.jpg

houstonhurricane
03-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Schaub, Ryans and/or Robinson.

keyfro
03-23-2007, 03:31 PM
it's andre johnson...the only two time pro bowler we've ever known...if he continues the way he is now...he'll be in the pro bowl atleast 6 more times before his career is over

hadaad
03-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Here's the face of the franchise::dance2:

http://www.suhouston.com/images/Texans_Logo.jpg

That's AWESOME. Good call, hou-tex!

houstonhurricane
03-23-2007, 03:35 PM
it's andre johnson...the only two time pro bowler we've ever known...if he continues the way he is now...he'll be in the pro bowl atleast 6 more times before his career is over

Key, I can't believe I forgot about AJ - he is definately on that list.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Chad Stanley?

Cupps
03-23-2007, 03:38 PM
We don't need a face. We're a team, not a player.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
03-23-2007, 03:42 PM
I'd be happy if the face was Kubiak. I would rather have a complete team of better than average players than be recognized by one or two faces.

Mr. White
03-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Bradlee Van Pelt ftw.

Ole Miss Texan
03-23-2007, 03:44 PM

I definitely agree with AJ. Dont get me wrong demeco's awesome and may turn into the face of our franchise...but not now as a rookie..2nd year guy.

AJ is the most established and successful.

Matt Schaub may turn out to become the face of our franchise but right now id say AJ.

Trenches
03-23-2007, 03:46 PM
I cannot stand that term. "the face of the franchise'. stupid. people spend more time worrying about crap like that than actually winning. Astros are a prime example.

I want trophies and banners, not face.

ROCKY
03-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Matt Schaub & Demeco are the faces of this team. David was the face of this team from day one, even when he was unproven (some would say he still is unproven). So I see no reason why schaubie cant be our leader, along w/ meco who is proven, and is also a smart & articulate guy.

Specnatz
03-23-2007, 04:09 PM
It's Kris Brown.

Duh.

:P

Just not right.

Second Honeymoon
03-23-2007, 05:08 PM
The only face of the franchise was the one Casserley and McNair force feeded to us. I will take anyone as the face of the franchise as long as it is actually earned and not bequeathed upon him like it was to Fairy Boy.