PDA

View Full Version : Graduation Day - Texans no longer an Expansion team

LBC_Justin
03-22-2007, 11:38 PM
We made it!!!

**throw up you hats**

A new QB was the final step. :yahoo:
It is official we are no longer an expansion team. Some people claim it takes the length of a NFL career(approx 10 years) before the "expansion era" is over....I think it ended when we announced Carr will be gone.

I have not a bad word to say about David Carr. He may go on to be a great QB somewhere else (in fact I hope he does) but I know without a shadow of a doubt, that in a Texans' uniform the guy would have never made it.

next year we may actually be a "Bad Team" and not an "Expansion Team"......Yeeeeeeehawwww!

A cheers....to new beginnings.

Pantherstang84
03-22-2007, 11:41 PM
We made it!!!

**throw up you hats**

A new QB was the final step. :yahoo:
It is official we are no longer an expansion team. Some people claim it takes the length of a NFL career(approx 10 years) before the "expansion era" is over....I think it ended when we announced Carr will be gone.

I have not a bad word to say about David Carr. He may go on to be a great QB somewhere else (in fact I hope he does) but I know without a shadow of a doubt, that in a Texans' uniform the guy would have never made it.

next year we may actually be a "Bad Team" and not an "Expansion Team"......Yeeeeeeehawwww!

A cheers....to new beginnings.

Here. Here.

Andrew6
03-23-2007, 12:40 AM
This is the first year I've sat back and went WTF were they thinking, but in a good way. Its a wow year. LETS GET EXCITED< AGAIN

The Pencil Neck
03-23-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm totally psyched. :snobord:

valleytexfan
03-23-2007, 12:47 AM
me too...and to heck with all those Texans haters...I'm getting sick and tired of em....Texans in 07!!!!:superman:

Andrew6
03-23-2007, 12:50 AM
:wild: If i wasn't such a cheap @$$ I'd go out and get a Schaub jersey. I'm telling you I figured Carr would be back next year and we would do nothing atleast this year we can actually have our fans cheer instead of booooooo:elmo: :yahoo:

YEAH!!!! Its peanut butta jelly time, its peanut butta jelleeee time woo hooo
:ski:

Texansfan36
03-23-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm stoked, a new era has began, and it should be a good one!!!

Go Texans!!!:yahoo: :yahoo:

SAMURAITEXAN
03-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Yeah I'm excited as well. I would like to see how effective our O can be with Schaub as our QB. I'll get my popcorn ready. No peanut butter jelly for me thanks that gets me fat.

GO TEXANS!!

Ole Miss Texan
03-23-2007, 02:13 AM
This is the first year I've sat back and went WTF were they thinking, but in a good way. Its a wow year. LETS GET EXCITED< AGAIN

LoL andrew i think you put it in a good way. wow.. WTF!!!!! but in a good way...lol that really cracks me up.

let me tell you somethin' funny

i went out to the bars tonight (at ole miss-oxford, ms)and i wore my battle red mario williams jersey. i haven't shaved in a week...so i shaved except my mustache...keep in mind i'm 23 ..caucasion so the 'stache' looks a little funny. it was an awesome night. when i was leaving the bar there was a lexus SUV w/ texas tags and a group of girls yelled out "hey! we love your jersey!!"...i was w/ my friends that were atlanta, new orleans, and miami fans. and was like..."that's right boys...these girls know where its at!!!" lol

probably no significance to this thread but hell it's 2:15am.

Andrew6
03-23-2007, 02:35 AM
LoL andrew i think you put it in a good way. wow.. WTF!!!!! but in a good way...lol that really cracks me up.

let me tell you somethin' funny

i went out to the bars tonight (at ole miss-oxford, ms)and i wore my battle red mario williams jersey. i haven't shaved in a week...so i shaved except my mustache...keep in mind i'm 23 ..caucasion so the 'stache' looks a little funny. it was an awesome night. when i was leaving the bar there was a lexus SUV w/ texas tags and a group of girls yelled out "hey! we love your jersey!!"...i was w/ my friends that were atlanta, new orleans, and miami fans. and was like..."that's right boys...these girls know where its at!!!" lol

probably no significance to this thread but hell it's 2:15am.

::: Sigh ::: I'm still a Mississippi boy at heart, don't know how many USM girls I dated up in hattisburg

Tulip
03-23-2007, 06:59 AM

Our fans are such wide-eyed optimists! :)

I agree with you - while not technically the last player/coach left, Carr was the last big remnant of the expansion era.

whiskeyrbl
03-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Nice thread and I agree this turns the page in our teams short history. Hope the story gets more exciting from here.

houstonhurricane
03-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Good point. Hopefully game days will once again become a fun experience.