PDA

View Full Version : Best play since 2000

AlbinoRat
03-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Since we got a QB, there is nothing to say again...ever. So Matt Schaub got me thinking of Mike Vick, and the best play of this century. My vote goes to Vick, for the Overtime TD run vs the Vikings a couple of years ago.
My favorite Texans play is still Carr's QB sneak to beat the Jags.

Thoughts?

Navy_Chris
03-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Since we got a QB, there is nothing to say again...ever. So Matt Schaub got me thinking of Mike Vick, and the best play of this century. My vote goes to Vick, for the Overtime TD run vs the Vikings a couple of years ago.
My favorite Texans play is still Carr's QB sneak to beat the Jags.

Thoughts?

March 22, 2007:

When GM Rick Smith announced that we were parting ways with David Carr.

Grid
03-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Carr's dive into the endzone against the jags.

Carr running for 20 yards with his injured shoulder.

Demarcus Faggins interception for a touchdown against the Jags.

I love that we have Schaub and a new beggining.. but lets not be punks about it.

imatexan
03-22-2007, 06:57 PM
The field goal that beat the Colts anyone?

hadaad
03-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Favourite Texans plays:

1) Ramon Walker blocking that field goal in the Patriots game.
2) Carr to Johnson flip-catch
3) Marcus Coleman returning the interception 105 yards.
4) Petey interception (for touchdown, I think) against the Jags
5) Dive over the top to beat the Jags (I still woulda kicked)
6) (for no reason whatsoever) Babin bringing LT down in the backfield in the open field.

Grid
03-22-2007, 06:59 PM
eh.. I could never name a fieldgoal as a great play :D.. I dont even like acknowledging that they exist.

To me field goals, unless the game will be decided by 2 points or less, are just a good time to use the restroom.

Capster67
03-22-2007, 07:00 PM
My favorite was the interception and TD return in Kansas City to seal the game a couple of years ago.

TexanRoadrunner
03-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Gary Walker sack vs. Dallas to seal the game

afcman
03-22-2007, 07:13 PM
For YEARS I've watched and listened to talking heads and the weenies of ESPN radio kiss Vicks bee-hind........for WHAT? I think the guy has been a failure so far based on what he should (could) have done. And how much did they pay him? Compared to Brady and Manning? I'm glad he's not our QB. I don't go for a player flippin' off fans. No excuse for that.

NRowl
03-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Carr to Miller for the first TD in Texans history!!

And it was against the Cowboys for the added bonus.

awtysst
03-22-2007, 08:13 PM
The field goal that beat the Colts anyone?

absolutly!

Ole Miss Texan
03-22-2007, 09:08 PM
I liked that dive in the endzone Carr did last season against the Giants...then with the balla shot afterwards.

Glenn Earls 'jacked up' jeremy shockey was a sweet defensive play...also against the giants.

usi umenyiora sp? "sack" against vince young...the one where he wrapped it up but vince never threw it. usi let go and vince ran for a 1st down...lol funniest play of the season imo. i don't blame usi...if vy would have gotten rid of it and he'd a slammed vy down...it would have been a 15 yard personal foul.

AlbinoRat
03-22-2007, 09:31 PM
For YEARS I've watched and listened to talking heads and the weenies of ESPN radio kiss Vicks bee-hind........for WHAT? I think the guy has been a failure so far based on what he should (could) have done. And how much did they pay him? Compared to Brady and Manning? I'm glad he's not our QB. I don't go for a player flippin' off fans. No excuse for that.

What does that have to do with anything?
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1998030164

TheCD
03-23-2007, 11:05 AM
What does that have to do with anything?
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1998030164

Am I the only one who's wondered why Vick ran in the first place, with a well-formed pocket and virtually no pressure? QB's like that I just don't like.

TEXANS84
03-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Marcus Coleman 102 yard INT return against the Chiefs that completely changed the way the game was going, and ended up getting us a win.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news_images/players/coleman/coleman_int_chiefs092604.jpg

DGPowaR
03-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Does anyone remember when DC completly 2 stepped juked that defender 1 on 1 into the endzone a few years ago...something wants me to say its the (s)aints...

Trap_Star
03-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Does anyone remember when DC completly 2 stepped juked that defender 1 on 1 into the endzone a few years ago...something wants me to say its the (s)aints...

yep...2nd game of the 03 season...

Stros5Texans80
03-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Naw...all of you are wrong.

It was the Saints' "River City Run", even if it happened after 2000.

They managed to run 3/4 of the field with lateral handoffs to score and win....under review, that it was legal.

The Texans never came close to anything like that.

I think what made it taste sour and forgettable was when they missed the FG to tie the game. I felt so sorry for them.