PDA

View Full Version : Wide Receivers

Sabin84
03-22-2007, 05:36 PM
ok this is my 1st post on this site and the thing im wondering is i know we have andre but since moulds is gone(just to be known i really like him even though he didnt get much) who is going to be our other WR? Also i am from the great state of alabama and i have to say the best player and my favorite player is none other then 59 himself DeMeco Ryans. PS i really hope we do not get moss but if we do its still might be an ok thing.

powerfuldragon
03-22-2007, 05:37 PM
i don't want that lazy degenerate on our team.

K.D.
03-22-2007, 05:39 PM

AMEN, brother!!:)

Gamehorn25
03-22-2007, 05:42 PM
I have heards some rumors regarding trading Carr for Moss. I think we would be getting duped if we even thought about trading Carr for Moss. IMO Moss is too lazy, and he just jogs down the field.

Sabin84
03-22-2007, 05:45 PM
i agree with the fact that i wouldnt want him on the team because of his hotheadness but the question that im askin is have we named our other wide receiver yet

keyser
03-22-2007, 05:45 PM

I agree. Please, please, please do not bring in Moss. If they do bring in Moss, my opinion of the management will drop considerably.

As far as our #2 WR, I'm expecting we'll get someone in the draft who will compete with Kevin Walter for the spot.

The Pencil Neck
03-22-2007, 05:46 PM
ok this is my 1st post on this site and the thing im wondering is i know we have andre but since moulds is gone(just to be known i really like him even though he didnt get much) who is going to be our other WR? Also i am from the great state of alabama and i have to say the best player and my favorite player is none other then 59 himself DeMeco Ryans. PS i really hope we do not get moss but if we do its still might be an ok thing.

With this FO, I think we just need to sit back and watch the fireworks.

This draft is supposed to be fairly deep in WR's, so there's a good chance that we'll pick someone later in the draft. Kubiak has said that he likes Kevin Walter as our #2. Jerome Mathis might be back. But I expect something to happen with the WR spot. (And I was really sad to see Eric go.)

The season is a long way away and this FO is on the move.

Sabin84
03-22-2007, 05:47 PM
i dont know i think that in the long run we are just gonna release carr because of no one wantin to move on therre draft picks but im pretty sure that will come around and bite me in the butt so we shall see

jdog
03-22-2007, 05:49 PM
NO MOSS! I'd rather have David play receiver for us.

kiwitexansfan
03-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Welome aboard Sabin84.

I think that we draft a WR to compete for the #2 spot.

I think if we played our first game today we would be seeing a lot of Kevin Walter. They brought him in last year and seem to have a high regard for him. He's a big posession type receiver who I think can be of use to us.

It would be nice to have AJ, Walter and a true speed WR to mix things up. If only Mathis would become that guy otherwise look for a burner in the draft.

Gamehorn25
03-22-2007, 05:51 PM
I hope we pick up someone like Sidney Rice, Steve Breaston, Joel Filani, Syvelle Newton, or Steve Smith.

If you can think of any other good players that are dropping, please share them with the rest of us.

SamuraiSword
03-22-2007, 06:39 PM

trade for the number one pick and pick Calvin Johnson......:drool: :zzz:

Ryan
03-22-2007, 06:43 PM
let's trade out fourth round pick for jabar gaffney :sarcasm:

Marcus
03-22-2007, 07:00 PM
How bout we take Robert Meachem with #10, instead of Levi Brown?

There's your No. 2 receiver.

HoustonRaised
03-22-2007, 07:30 PM
I think Randy Moss is a possiblity to be honest, if we got him for Carr I would be happy, I know he is generally lazy but the years where he tried as a Viking he was just dangerous.

Navy_Chris
03-22-2007, 07:32 PM
i dont know i think that in the long run we are just gonna release carr because of no one wantin to move on therre draft picks but im pretty sure that will come around and bite me in the butt so we shall see

Think about this...why would any team in the NFL trade for David Carr and pick his $5.5M base salary in 2007? They could just wait until they cut him and sign him to a much, much cheaper deal.

Another option for the Texans is to trade DC for a player AND a pick...or just a player.

btw...you misspelled Saban.

Football Time In Hou.
03-22-2007, 08:53 PM

I like your thinking. I want the best available receiver in the first round and pick up the best available O-linemen in the third providing we don't trade down for more picks. We have to surround Mat Schaub with good weapons in order for him to be successful. We can always go defense in the later rounds and next year. Remember it takes longer to build a good offense than it does a good defense.

Navy_Chris
03-22-2007, 08:56 PM
I like your thinking. I want the best available receiver in the first round and pick up the best available O-linemen in the third providing we don't trade down for more picks. We have to surround Mat Schaub with good weapons in order for him to be successful. We can always go defense in the later rounds and next year. Remember it takes longer to build a good offense than it does a good defense.

we could trade to...probably....17 with the Jags and still get Meachem. No need in taking him that high.

vtech9
03-22-2007, 09:00 PM
I think Randy Moss is a possiblity to be honest, if we got him for Carr I would be happy, I know he is generally lazy but the years where he tried as a Viking he was just dangerous.

How about this:

We trade Carr to Oakland for Moss, and then ship Moss to Green Bay for picks.

A WR that I would like to see the Texans get would is David Ball. He has good speed, runs good patterns, and has great hands. Since he played for a small school, he won't cost us alot.

Ole Miss Texan
03-22-2007, 09:01 PM
If we go WR in the 1st ...Meachem needs to be the choice..dude's a stud.

Meachem will help schaub,
Levi Brown will help schaub.

secondary needs improvement too.

Navy_Chris
03-22-2007, 09:02 PM
How about this:

A WR that I would like to see the Texans get would is David Ball. He has good speed, runs good patterns, and has great hands. Since he played for a small school, he won't cost us alot.

Meachem in the 1st...Ball in the 5th. That would be awesome!

Cupps
03-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Are there ANY free agent wideouts left, or have they all signed with the Patriots by now?

I'd rather go O-line and then WR in the draft, not the other way around.

Navy_Chris
03-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Are there ANY free agent wideouts left, or have they all signed with the Patriots by now?

I'd rather go O-line and then WR in the draft, not the other way around.

I think all the decent ones are snatched up. I could be wrong, though. I didn't know SF signed Michael Lewis until earlier today. hah.

keyfro
03-22-2007, 09:07 PM
personally i've lost all hope that we will draft laron landry now...i firmly believe we will try to work a trade down...i believe it's probably a trade with denver, green bay (both of these teams want to move up and with our obvious connections with them it might happen) and new england (this one would be tricky but i'm starting to think would give us the best value)

green bay wants one of the top two runningbacks in the draft and where they are picking they won't get there...with buffalo more than likely taking lynch...if we trade with them it'll look like this:

green bay gets the 10th overall pick
we get the 16th pick and their 2nd rounder...plus probably switching draft position in the 4th and 5th rounds

denver sounds like they simply want to move up to get a better overall player...since they are so close to a finished team this makes sense for them...a trade with denver would look something like this:

denver gets the 10th overall pick
we get the 21st pick and their 2nd round pick and their 2nd rounder next year

then we have the new england trade for the same reason as denver

new england gets 10th overall
we get the 24th and 28th picks and swap our 4th and 5th rounders with them

either way i see getting the number 2 reciever being more important to kubiak now than fixing the defense...a huge mistake IMO but one we'll have to live with

Cupps
03-22-2007, 09:10 PM
My worry is that we have three major needs: offensive line, wide reciever, and safety... and only two first-day picks. Which two do we address first?

And we still need another defensive lineman and another cornerback ultimately. This is why I don't like giving away draft picks.

Navy_Chris
03-22-2007, 09:12 PM
My worry is that we have three major needs: offensive line, wide reciever, and safety... and only two first-day picks. Which two do we address first?

And we still need another defensive lineman and another cornerback ultimately. This is why I don't like giving away draft picks.

We will undoubtedly get more 1st day picks. We're moving out of #10 and going down. I think that Staley and Nelson are REAL possibilities at the end of the 1st, maybe early 2nd round.

Please_Evolve
03-22-2007, 09:13 PM
You know i've been thinking since we let go of Moulds. I wasn't a big fan of the idea myself. If nothing else an elder statesmen on a young receiving corps. Hindsight might've made a good connection with Schaub in being able to find the holes on short routes.

But going to float this idea on Walters and i could be totally off key here. Bigger target, long stride, isn't afraid to go over the middle, not burner speed but has game speed, and from what isaw ran pretty crips routes.

Ed McCaffery anyone? He was one of my favorite guys to watch in Denver.

keyfro
03-22-2007, 09:13 PM

IMO if we address the FS position and get a guy like nelson, griffin, or merriweather along with a #2 WR that would fix a lot of things...the number #2 corner i believe can be found in round 4 with a guy like cj gaddis who played calvin johnson pretty darn good in the clemson game...johnson didn't have a touchdown that game and i only recall him having like 3 receptions...i'll check the stats and see for sure

keyfro
03-22-2007, 09:15 PM
just pulled up the stats...cj gaddis held calvin johnson to zero catches

Navy_Chris
03-22-2007, 09:16 PM

and your point is....????

the sun shines on a dog's *** sometimes...

so what!

DocBar
03-22-2007, 09:37 PM
If Rick Smith and Kubes can pull out some talented players who contribute, after giving away our 2nd this year, I'll kiss their ass and give them an hour to draw a crowd. That 2nd could've been our safety/center/wr#2 of the future. This is STILL a team in disarray. I still can't wait to see how Schaub looks in a regular season TEXANS game.

Sabin84
03-22-2007, 11:09 PM
robert meachem would be a good pick but the problem with him is he isnt the best and slant runs but he sure as hell can catch anything

Clash_Fan3605
03-22-2007, 11:15 PM

That is a HUGE reach. I don't mind Meachem, but if we draft him, we need to trade down, and then with an additional 2nd round pick, we draft Merriweather. (Even though he may not be around during that pick.)

AtheGreat
03-22-2007, 11:32 PM
we can still sign hamlin at S, get a WR 1st round and hit the OL 3rd. course, i'm all for trading down with said teams (gb, den, NE <- would be best!).

cj5776
03-23-2007, 01:51 AM
We have no cap space for Hamlin. As far as FS goes I do not think the position is of that great a need. McLame has mentioned a few times of one of the CBs moving to FS, to play passing downs. However if the Texans do pick up a third first day pick I am sure the position will be chosen but only if they can get one of the three hot shots, Laundry, Nelson, Merriweather.

With the picks they have right now, it seems Wr, De, and CB will be adressed. All depending on who is there. As far as Oline, backup guard seems to be the only need and that seems like a need that could be met in the fith.

Wr... 1)Ginn OSU, 3)Davis LSU, 4)Robinson Ill St
De... 1)Andrson Ark, 3)Bazain Cen Mich, 4)Crowder UT
CB... 1)Hall Mich, 3)Irons Aub, 4) Bain Hampt

As far as UFA WR still left, I doubt the Texabs would touch any of these but here are some names

Travis Tayler, David Patten, Andre Davis, Antonio Bryant

keyfro
03-23-2007, 09:08 AM
We have no cap space for Hamlin. As far as FS goes I do not think the position is of that great a need. McLame has mentioned a few times of one of the CBs moving to FS, to play passing downs.

keep in mind one thing...the texans keep john mcclain about as well informed as gome pile

Dallas_Texan
03-23-2007, 09:33 AM
personally i've lost all hope that we will draft laron landry now...i firmly believe we will try to work a trade down...i believe it's probably a trade with denver, green bay (both of these teams want to move up and with our obvious connections with them it might happen) and new england (this one would be tricky but i'm starting to think would give us the best value)

green bay wants one of the top two runningbacks in the draft and where they are picking they won't get there...with buffalo more than likely taking lynch...if we trade with them it'll look like this:

green bay gets the 10th overall pick
we get the 16th pick and their 2nd rounder...plus probably switching draft position in the 4th and 5th rounds

denver sounds like they simply want to move up to get a better overall player...since they are so close to a finished team this makes sense for them...a trade with denver would look something like this:

denver gets the 10th overall pick
we get the 21st pick and their 2nd round pick and their 2nd rounder next year

then we have the new england trade for the same reason as denver

new england gets 10th overall
we get the 24th and 28th picks and swap our 4th and 5th rounders with them

either way i see getting the number 2 reciever being more important to kubiak now than fixing the defense...a huge mistake IMO but one we'll have to live with

- We would be able to trade picks, and get they're second and maybe a third or fourth next year (going by the numbers), but Denver has shown us (see: Jake Plummer) that there is some bitterness between Shannahan and Kubes, and they are not going to trade with us. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

keyfro
03-23-2007, 09:40 AM
see i really don't think there's any bitterness between the two...i think shanahan is happy that kubiak got the HC job...he was one of his biggest endorsers...i think kubiak really didn't think plummer had any interest in playing anymore and probably knew that plummer wasn't a long term answer

everyone believed the hype on plummer than john mcclain started and john is normally wrong on what the texans are going to do

i think they can make a deal but i think the trade with green bay is more likely since they need to leap frog buffalo for marshawn lynch

CVTexan
03-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if the draft falls this way!!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10081020

The football gods would be smiling on us!!

Honoring Earl 34
03-23-2007, 10:06 AM
*Calvin Johnson 6-5, 235 4.35 Georgia Tech
*Ted Ginn 5-11, 178 4.32 Ohio State (X)

*Robert Meacham 6-2, 214 4.39 Tennessee
Dwayne Bowe 6-2, 221 4.51 LSU
*Dwayne Jarrett 6-4, 220 4.55 Southern California
*Sidney Rice 6-3, 200 4.51 South Carolina
Craig Davis 6-1, 200 4.45 LSU
Steve Smith 6-0, 195 4.45 Southern California
Aundrae Allison 6-0, 198 4.40 East Carolina
*Anthony Gonzalez 6-0, 193 4.44 Ohio State
Paul Williams 6-1, 205 4.45 Fresno State (X)
Jason Hill 6-0, 205 4.35 Washington State
Johnnie Lee Higgins 5-11, 185 4.48 UTEP

One of these guys will be there in the 3rd rd .

santo
03-23-2007, 10:11 AM
*Calvin Johnson 6-5, 235 4.35 Georgia Tech
*Ted Ginn 5-11, 178 4.32 Ohio State (X)

*Robert Meacham 6-2, 214 4.39 Tennessee
Dwayne Bowe 6-2, 221 4.51 LSU
*Dwayne Jarrett 6-4, 220 4.55 Southern California
*Sidney Rice 6-3, 200 4.51 South Carolina
Craig Davis 6-1, 200 4.45 LSU
Steve Smith 6-0, 195 4.45 Southern California
Aundrae Allison 6-0, 198 4.40 East Carolina
*Anthony Gonzalez 6-0, 193 4.44 Ohio State
Paul Williams 6-1, 205 4.45 Fresno State (X)
Jason Hill 6-0, 205 4.35 Washington State
Johnnie Lee Higgins 5-11, 185 4.48 UTEP

One of these guys will be there in the 3rd rd .

Agree...we can take Jason Hill in the third. I believe he will be a good #2 paired up with Andre Johnson.

He runs just as fast as Calvin Johnson, but will come cheaper...:)

GuerillaBlack
03-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Since we do not have a second round pick this year, who should we pick up at WR? I do not thing there is anyone that we want at this moment in FA for WR, and not sure if there will be quality receivers in the third round. Your thoughts?

Marcus
03-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Please merge the wide receiver threads.

Thanks in advance.

Schaub_to AJ_YES!
03-23-2007, 07:22 PM

Actually that was Reggie Ball that held him to zero. Gaddis got the credit.

GuerillaBlack
03-23-2007, 07:24 PM
I didn't see the other thread about WR's. Could they be merged?

CoachJim
03-23-2007, 08:51 PM
How bout Dwayne Jarrett (USC)? ... Do y'all think hes something we might burn #10 on? I read a bio or two that said hes running 4.6 40s ... lil slow for my taste AND coupled with the fact that hes also being compared to MWilliams, the Detroit WR that flopped. Any thoughts on him either way?

03-23-2007, 09:00 PM
i'd rather draft meachem

joedinkle
03-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Will D Jarrett be there at 10? I don't know much about him. I have seen some Ted Ginn Jr. video. He definitely fits Kubiak's "play maker" bill. I hear his hands aren't great though, can he be coached up? Ginn, AJ, and Mathis in a 3 WR set. Talk about a deep threat.

amazingandre
03-23-2007, 09:25 PM
id rather get jason hill in the third and either landry, nelson, or brown at 10!!!!!!jmo

Clash_Fan3605
03-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Agree...we can take Jason Hill in the third. I believe he will be a good #2 paired up with Andre Johnson.

I agree. Hill could very well become a great sleeper pick. Solid addition. AJ/Hill/Walter/Mathis could be our 4 receivers. Then we draft a S in the 1st round...

LORK 88
03-23-2007, 09:37 PM
I think we take someone later on. Remember, Kubiak said the 2 deepest positions in the draft in his opinion were OT and WR which is why I think we go DB R1.

infantrycak
03-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Since we do not have a second round pick this year, who should we pick up at WR? I do not thing there is anyone that we want at this moment in FA for WR, and not sure if there will be quality receivers in the third round. Your thoughts?

Folks, please stop starting redundant threads. Look around and see if there is already a similar threat at least on the 1st two pages. Trust me, the mods are a grumpy bunch in general (especially Texans Chick)--you don't want to make them grumpier. :) Thanks.

vtech9
03-23-2007, 09:48 PM
i'd rather draft meachem
I wouldn't mind getting Meacham at all. He went to high school here in Tulsa, and he is a very hard worker. I truly believe he will be a good one.

Inside the Schaub trade; prospects talk it up (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10080785)

from the link above:

2. Robert Meachem, wide receiver from Tennessee: Here's a kid who grew up on a farm and when I asked him about his chores, he said, "I always wanted the farm to look great, not good. I wanted people to drive by and say, 'I wish I had a farm like this.' " Because his numbers from the Combine were so good, Meachem didn't have to run again at his Pro Day. But he felt if NFL people came to see him, he would run again. Both of his feet are squarely on the ground.

here is his player profile:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/meachem_robert

Insideop
03-24-2007, 12:38 AM
I wouldn't mind Hill in the 3rd round, but I definately hope they don't pick a WR in the 1st. My thinking now, since we cut Carr, is the Texans will try to trade down and pick up a 3rd rd. or the 2nd rounder we lost in the Schaub deal. If we are able to drop down to, lets say, the late teens or early twenties, we could pick up Kalil or Staley and then have a 2nd rounder on a DB and get Hill in the 3rd. I know Kalil and Staley may be a reach that high in the 1st, but neither will be there in the 2nd. Both have been moving up the boards since the Combine and workouts, and both would be a good fit with the Texans. JMHO!

keyfro
03-24-2007, 10:02 AM
since this thread is basically the same one in the draft section can't we move it and merge it to the dwayne jarrett one in the nfl draft section of this board...and totally agree with the mods on this one...guys if it's draft stuff but it draft...if you wanna talk about other free agent recievers by all means continue

ubecool454
03-24-2007, 10:09 AM

robert meachum..tall , fast, good hands..AMEN BROTHER!

stone bone
03-24-2007, 10:44 AM

i think we should take the next guy on that list, johnnie lee higgins...johnnies a burner. he's faster than the 4.48 or whatever they clocked him in at in indi...i saw him make a catch at a UTEP game and made 3 or 4 guys miss in a 10 yard area...and i do know he ran a 4.3 at UTEP and in high school.

TheRealJoker
03-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Im concerned about Jason Hill's availability. Everyone on here has him slotted as a 3rd round pick. If you guys think highly enough of him that you think he can step in and start dont you think some team will think he's worth a 2nd atleast?

threetoedpete
03-24-2007, 11:36 AM

You know if they went CB and came back with one of the second teired guys as a FS prospect, they've got a much better chance at fixing the problem there. Than go for the Stud FS prospect and hope they catch lightening in a bottle with a young CB in the third or fourth round. IOW, Hall, Reevis, or Houston, then come back and take Brown of Cal Poly, John Welding Wyoming, Josh Gettis WF. Forth round come back and take BPA at WR as a prospect. I doubt Jason Hill lasts untill the forth. Going to be a true gender bending pick at the 71 that's for sure. IF Schaub is the lock and the true answer as a lot are making him out to be....I take Brown and Black at three and four and indulge myself with BPA at the ten. Walters isn't Gonzales, but Matt might make him a decent #2. The only guy I don't like at the ten is Ginn Jr. Also one of the smurfs or WCO numbers guys will be there in the forth. I can see Meachman at the ten....the only problem with that is the probablity at fixing the cb problem goes up expodentialy.

TheRealJoker
03-24-2007, 11:39 AM
What are your guy's thoughts on Walter? He's looked good whenever he's gotten a chance to play. How about having him start and drafting a deep threat slot guy in the later rounds?

threetoedpete
03-24-2007, 11:46 AM
i think we should take the next guy on that list, johnnie lee higgins...johnnies a burner. he's faster than the 4.48 or whatever they clocked him in at in indi...i saw him make a catch at a UTEP game and made 3 or 4 guys miss in a 10 yard area...and i do know he ran a 4.3 at UTEP and in high school.

In a nut shell that is what I'm posting...get two defensive pieces with ten and three , take a prospect for the slot or a WCO numbers guy at the four. Am I the only one that figgures that Mathis is so deep in the dog house the chances of seeing him again are slim and none ? Higgens is a good choice there. Take Reevis at the ten....coach him up for a NFL corner, then come back in the '08 off season and let him train to be a slot guy...Kinda kills two birds with one stone.

threetoedpete
03-24-2007, 11:52 AM
How bout Dwayne Jarrett (USC)? ... Do y'all think hes something we might burn #10 on? I read a bio or two that said hes running 4.6 40s ... lil slow for my taste AND coupled with the fact that hes also being compared to MWilliams, the Detroit WR that flopped. Any thoughts on him either way?

Jarret is another guy on my black list. Ginn Jr, is for the foot. It's not the time that bothers me about Jarrett. I'm not going to crown the guy as Jerry Rice because the numbers in the forty are simular. It's his attitude towards blocking which bothers me. And they need to up grade the tallent in the back seven. That there thingy is imparitive. Whether they do that with an Ambi's OK pick to bolster the pass rush attack from the inside and take two guys three and four to upgrade the team speed. Or go WR2 first and fill in the FS/CB in the third and forth rounds up to each of us to decide which is the majic bean. Won't agrue with the Meacham pick at ten. Can we all agree, they aren't going to patch every hole with one draft ? They are going to have to decide which one where is going to get us well quicker.

TexansCM
03-24-2007, 12:33 PM
We need a #2 receiver, cutting Moulds was really stupid, but I think Moulds was tired of Houston's O and DC. Drafting a WR doesn't normally pay off (exception Colston) until at least year 2. I think McCardell or Patten would be good 1 year fill ins while the Rookie we draft in the third or 1st/2nd if we trade down learns the game. I am against drafting a WR at 10 because of the depth of WR in the draft.

threetoedpete
03-24-2007, 01:11 PM
How about this:

David Ball, a receiver for Division I-AA New Hampshire, has been getting solid reviews while matching up one-on-one against I-A cornerbacks.

Entering this week, scouts wanted to see what kind of separation Ball could get going against a higher level of corners.

While Ball hasn't encountered a lot of press coverage, he's shown he can match up well. He joked his 40 time won't be among the best at the Indianapolis combine, he can run "a 4.5 when the clock is on."

Ball's 58 career touchdowns broke the I-AA record previously held by Jerry Rice.

http://blogs.chron.com/longhorns/2007/01/day_four_eastwest_shrine_game.html

1. Mike Walker Central Florida 4.35
2. Laurent Robinson Illinois St. 4.38
3. Robert Meachem Tennessee 4.39
4. Mike Mason Tennessee St. 4.40
5. Legedu Naanee Boise St. 4.41
6. Chandler Williams Florida Int. 4.42
7. Steve Smith Southern Cal 4.44
8. Paul Williams Fresno St. 4.45
9. Ryne Robinson Miami-Ohio 4.47
10. Courtney Taylor Auburn 4.50

1. Yamon Figurs Kansas St. 4.30
2. Jason Hill Washington St. 4.32
3. Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech 4.35
4. David Clowney Virginia Tech 4.36
5. Aundrae Allison East Carolina 4.39
6. Steve Breaston Michigan 4.41
7. Anthony Gonzales Ohio St. 4.44
8. Jonathan Holland Louisiana Tech 4.45
9. Craig Davis Louisiana St. 4.46
10. Johnnie Lee Higgins UTEP 4.48

Now i can find Reggie Balls numbers. But I can't find David Ball's combine numbers. So that tells me there are at least twenty guys on the board who run faster than David.

1. Yamon Figurs Kansas St. 4.30
2. Jason Hill Washington St. 4.32
3. Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech 4.35
4. David Clowney Virginia Tech 4.36
5. Aundrae Allison East Carolina 4.39
6. Steve Breaston Michigan 4.41
7. Anthony Gonzales Ohio St. 4.44
8. Jonathan Holland Louisiana Tech 4.45
9. Craig Davis Louisiana St. 4.46
10. Johnnie Lee Higgins UTEP 4.48

"a 4.5 when the clock is on."

apperently not. The hands are fine and the routes are fine. But he isn't going to get seperation on the next level. I don't care how clever he is.