PDA

View Full Version : Kudos for the Organization

jdog
03-22-2007, 04:23 PM
I just wanted to thank Mr. McNair for trying to do what is best for the team.

I know it must have been hard to change course after making such a commitment, but I'm sure that Mr. Smith and Mr. Kubiak made the suggestion to improve the team.

I know it's a lot of money.

I hope things work out for the best for everyone involved.

I'm just glad we have a great owner like Mr. McNair.

houstonhurricane
03-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Ditto. I don't always agree with their decision; however, he always tries to move this franchise forward...

Dime
03-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Kub and Rick Smith.

Added 4 solid backups this year, for a decent price each.

Added the BEST most highly sought FA Quarterback on the market, hands down.

Trading for David Carr.

Who else has popcorn and have been watching this offseason like a movie? Kub and Rick Smith are the first time I feel we have had a REAL Head coach and GM. I am excited for the draft, (look how we did last year). I am excited for the season. Man... I am stoked and I have to come to this site much more often just to find out minute by minute.

Cupps
03-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Alright... maybe you don't know how things work around here, but most people on this board consider OPTIMISM to be a dirty word. You're a brave, brave man to walk in here and actually SUPPORT the moves by our team and front office, and actually think we're getting BETTER and not whine and complain about everything we do.

That said, I totally agree... I like the way this offseason has gone. Maybe people will finally have something to talk about other than hating on anything and everything to do with this franchise. Then again, maybe not. :P

mikey21
03-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Mr. McNair is byfar the classiest of owners and i am grateful as a Texans fan to have him as the owner of the team I love, who was that other guy that used to be here? oh yea, once a loser always a loser bud adams

Double Barrel
03-22-2007, 04:53 PM
I just wanted to thank Mr. McNair for trying to do what is best for the team.

I already thanked him. Just sent in my second payment for 2007 season tickets! :texflag:

Texans34Life
03-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Dear Mr. McNair,

It's about time that you have changed this team around for the good of Houston.

Thanks,
ALL TEXANS FANS

powerfuldragon
03-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Pass the chapstick.

done88
03-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Ok 0-12 we can line up for the number one pick again. This is the worst deal ever made. Even worse then stupid giving up the entire draft for pot head. :dance2: Oh wait I like this one and I hope that Green is not a back up and still has a little in the tank. We won't know how this turns out for a while but I'm excited about the possiablities. All the Texans can do is put the past behind them and move forward. I'm excited the Texans are adding players I've heard of, even if they are a little older. Green was once a top 10 pick in my Fantasy drafts. I'm excited about the year. Hoperfully we can enjoy an NBA championship and Carlos Lee hitting pop fly home runs to the crawford boxs while we anxiously await the start of the season. See you guys at the draft.

LORK 88
03-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Im not eating popcorn watching a movie, I'm moreso strapped in to a roller coaster on its way up about to descend and give us one hell of a ride the next few years.

Capster67
03-22-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm glad the front office had the courage to make serious changes (isn't that what they were brought in to do with a 2-14 team). I am also one of the few ones glad they stayed with Carr last year to see if a coaching change could have resurrected his career. Had we let him go and he had success elsewhere, Carr would have become part of the (Reggie Bush, Vince Young mantra - see, they blew it once again). This way we can close a chapter on the Carr years and fully move on into the future with a good mix of young talent and vets. Thanks Rick, Gary, and Bob for doing your jobs. Can't wait to see what happens in a good sense.

Texan in Japan
03-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Kub and Rick Smith.

Added 4 solid backups this year, for a decent price each.

Added the BEST most highly sought FA Quarterback on the market, hands down.

Trading for David Carr.

Who else has popcorn and have been watching this offseason like a movie? Kub and Rick Smith are the first time I feel we have had a REAL Head coach and GM. I am excited for the draft, (look how we did last year). I am excited for the season. Man... I am stoked and I have to come to this site much more often just to find out minute by minute.

Dime-I'm w/u, I like the moves. Schuab is a gutsy trade...and Kubes must feel strongly or we wouldn't have sent those picks to ATL. The vet signings are solid.

coachdent
03-23-2007, 08:26 AM
I will say this... I have been extremely impressed that Kubiak & Company have been able to attract so many free agents to Houston. This despite the fact that we are seriously up against the cap.

This bodes well that players want to come to Houston and play. Seven free agent signings are amongst the tops in the league. By getting serviceable bodies at virtually every position of need, the Texans have enabled themselves the ability to pick up the best player available in the draft and not be cornered into one guy.

There have been some huge mistakes made by the franchise by people who are no longer here. You have to clean some house to get things in order before starting the major renovations. I hope 2007 will be step in that direction.

Malloy
03-23-2007, 08:34 AM
I agree, this bunch of guys are making rational intelligent decisions, and are managing the franshise so that it'll stay competitive for years to come.

When 'success' finally hits us I have no idea, but I like to foundation that we're creating!

Mr. White
03-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Agreed as well. Before the Schaub trade, I was thinking that we had some solid FA signings. Now, it looks like we're the team that made the biggest splash in free agency.

They've been saying they wanna win now. Now they put their money where their mouth is.

Gamehorn25
03-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Agreed as well. Before the Schaub trade, I was thinking that we had some solid FA signings. Now, it looks like we're the team that made the biggest splash in free agency.

They've been saying they wanna win now. Now they put their money where their mouth is.

The only area of need that we have now is the dreaded secondary. I look for us to go FS in the 1st and CB in the 3rd. We really need some help for Dunta back there.

nunusguy
03-23-2007, 08:59 AM
The only area of need that we have now is the dreaded secondary.
Dang, I sure wish that was our only remaining area of need.
Still outstanding are a #2 WR across from AJ, more fortification at OT with
huge uncertainties remaining about Spencers recovery and return, and our most pressing need on D which is not the secondary but for once and all securing a bona fide edge rusher.

HuttoKarl
03-23-2007, 09:09 AM
huge uncertainties remaining about Spencers recovery and return, and our most pressing need on D which is not the secondary but for once and all securing a bona fide edge rusher.

Agreed...we could use a few pieces...I think we can get a couple in the draft...if we get a studly FS or CB, that'll help a ton. I want to say there should be a tackle or two worth looking at in the third and then hope for a gem to show up on day two of the draft.

I've got happy feelings about the upcoming season....too bad it's only March.

oilerstexans2007
03-23-2007, 11:04 AM

Now all we need to do is protect Matt:victory:

americastayawayfrommywomb
03-23-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't know anyone could give Kudos to this organization? We have the best stadium in the league, fan bases, and money to go around like it is nothing. We need start improving on the field and now. We need to get our act together on both sides of the line before we can expect to start winning.

Malloy
03-23-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't know anyone could give Kudos to this organization? We have the best stadium in the league, fan bases, and money to go around like it is nothing. We need start improving on the field and now. We need to get our act together on both sides of the line before we can expect to start winning.

You post confuses me, first you question the organization, then you proceed to point out all the pro's of it.

It's like saying that Jesus was not all he was cracked up to be, sure the turned water into wine, but did he make any beer?!.. :)

Honoring Earl 34
03-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I am excited about the 2007 season .

I expect them to have another good draft .

I expect Mario to be a beast .

I expect Schaub to throw 24 tds , 14 ints , and 3400 yds .

I expect the Texans to go 9-7 .

A week ago ... I did'nt even think about it much .

Malloy
03-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Add more cheerleaders and I'm willing to accept going 7-9 again!

Honoring Earl 34
03-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Add more cheerleaders and I'm willing to accept going 7-9 again!

How about The Replacements cheerleaders ?

Vinny
03-23-2007, 02:19 PM
huge uncertainties remaining about Spencers recovery and return, and our most pressing need on D which is not the secondary but for once and all securing a bona fide edge rusher.I thought we did that with Veteran players? Jordan Black and Salaam have both been starters in the NFL.

Malloy
03-23-2007, 02:21 PM
How about The Replacements cheerleaders ?

Oh dear, 6-10 would be acceptable then!