PDA

View Full Version : Our new QB was just on Cold Pizza

HomeBred_Texan
03-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Basically said he is a smart QB and will get the ball into the hands of the people who can do something with it...

They also stated about Smith's dilema of what to do with Carr now. That no team will trade for him cause they know he will be cut and has no value to the Texans...

Specnatz
03-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Basically said he is a smart QB and will get the ball into the hands of the people who can do something with it...

They also stated about Smith's dilema of what to do with Carr now. That no team will trade for him cause they know he will be cut and has no value to the Texans...

and they are never worng about anything. There knowledge of what GMs are saying to each other is nonexsistant.

real
03-22-2007, 02:03 PM
There knowledge of what GMs are saying to each other is nonexsistant.

I agree...

They can get SOMETHING for David even if that something is a conditional 7th round pick in '08....

I wouldn't care if they cut him, but I think someone will be willing to atleast give up a 5th rounder...

trublu
03-22-2007, 02:08 PM

He may not have value for the Texans, but he may for say the Raiders who can't wait til June for Carr to be cut. If the Raiders want Calvin Johnson then they need to have the QB situation taken care of; if they don't they will be forced to take a QB with the #1 pick. So to the Raiders Carr has value.:drool:

Texans Horror
03-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Bingo. In fact, this could be a good move on the part of the Texans to drum up interest in the QB since now teams know he is up for grabs asap. (Trying to find a silver lining here, people.) However, I think whatever we get for him is going to be piddling. 7th-round pick up to a fifth or sixth based on playing time. That's a best-case scenario, IMO. But somebody will bite. They'll want the QB before the draft.

The Pencil Neck
03-22-2007, 02:14 PM

This is only true if there's only 1 team that wants him. If there's only 1 team, then they can wait for him to be released and sign him for cheap.

If multiple teams want him, then they take a risk of him not wanting to play for them and choosing another team instead. The only way to lock him up is to deal with the Texans.

gtexan02
03-22-2007, 03:16 PM
exactly. we could have waited until next year when schaub was an UFA, but we decided to trade away and get him now. Same may hold true for DC

Texans Horror
03-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Bingo. In fact, this could be a good move on the part of the Texans to drum up interest in the QB since now teams know he is up for grabs asap. (Trying to find a silver lining here, people.) However, I think whatever we get for him is going to be piddling. 7th-round pick up to a fifth or sixth based on playing time. That's a best-case scenario, IMO. But somebody will bite. They'll want the QB before the draft.

Nevermind...

:dangit:

DRAMA
03-23-2007, 07:09 PM
I agree...

They can get SOMETHING for David even if that something is a conditional 7th round pick in '08....

I wouldn't care if they cut him, but I think someone will be willing to atleast give up a 5th rounder...

Man, I thought so too! I guess the deal was that Carr just would NOT restructure that deal and help the Texans out. That's my guess. That contract was the poison, I assume.

SESupergenius
03-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Man, I thought so too! I guess the deal was that Carr just would NOT restructure that deal and help the Texans out. That's my guess. That contract was the poison, I assume.

Seems to be the same thing that happend to Glenn.