PDA

View Full Version : Will our offense finally move vertically under Schaub?

TheRealJoker
03-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Its been said that Kubiak had to scale back the playbook for Carr considerably and kind of take Carr out of gameplans so to speak.

I've also heard that Schaub picked up the Atlanta offense quicker than Ron Mexico and is a hard worker with exceptional football intelligence.

Do you guys think that Kubes will finally get to open his playbook and include his qb in the gameplans to WIN the games rather than NOT LOSE?

WAR SCHAUBBY!!!

Vinny
03-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Sherman runs the offense now and we will be more his style of offense I believe. We won't see near as much waggle in this offense next year. Hell, we have really massive left side of the line in Pitts at 325 and Spencer at 340ish (depends on what he ate that day)....we will run more of the wco style that Sherman ran in GB...mark my works.

I'd love to draft Tennessee's WR Meachem and pair him with Andre. He isn't a reach at 10 imo. That would give us 4.4 speed on both sides and Ahman Green would be running with 7 in the box all day long, with Owen Daniels prowling the middle of the field.

Porky
03-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Sherman runs the offense now and we will be more his style of offense I believe. We won't see near as much waggle in this offense next year. Hell, we have really massive left side of the line in Pitts at 325 and Spencer at 340ish (depends on what he ate that day)....we will run more of the wco style that Sherman ran in GB...mark my works.

I'd love to draft Tennessee's WR Meachem and pair him with Andre. He isn't a reach at 10 imo. That would give us 4.4 speed on both sides and Ahman Green would be running with 7 in the box all day long, with Owen Daniels prowling the middle of the field.

Where have I seen that second paragraph before? I am having deju-vu. :dance2:

Vinny
03-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Where have I seen that second paragraph before? I am having deju-vu. :dance2:
I was so proud of my pm with you that I cut and pasted it all over the net at the speed only Einstein could cypher properly.

ROCKY
03-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Supposedly Matt is a smart guy, and more mobile than he is given credit for. So it seems like all the ingredients are there.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/593/schaubav6.jpg

hadaad
03-22-2007, 10:32 AM

I'd rather see us shore up our woefully pathetic defensive secondary but your idea's pretty exciting too.

run-david-run
03-22-2007, 10:34 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing Meachem at WR or drafting Chris Houston to pair up with Drob. So many choices...

kastofsna
03-22-2007, 10:35 AM
i dunno if schaub will rack up more downfield passing yards than carr, but i do know that if he sees a guy downfield that's open, he won't hesitate to get the ball to him. but his game is more in the short to intermediate routes. and that fits the personnel just fine.

DRAMA
03-22-2007, 10:58 AM
I think the naysayers will be shocked. Let's think...

Schaub has played in the west coast his entire career (College and pro).
We run the West Coast.

People WHINE and WHINE about 2nd rd. draft picks.
Next year, we'll be WAY under the cap - let's call a top flight FA our 2nd rd. pick and call it a day.

I watched this Schaub kid get his face-mask pulled and AS HE'S ROLLING OUT...he has the composure to fix his facemask AS he's rolling out and still kept looking downfield and completed the pass.

Vince is a Titan - get the hell over it! I mean, if Schaub turns out to be GREAT, then was the trade worth it? OH??? So, you people say this trade sucks because you don't THINK it'll work out? If it DOES work out, then it was a STEAL! Why don't we at least see what happens before your panties all get wadded up. I'm not saying someone can't think we paid too much, maybe we did. But that 'payment' changes over time. If he becomes Favre, we STOLE him. If he becomes Scott Mitchell, then yeah, we overpaid. By the time, we pay our other 2nd rd pick, we'll KNOW whether or not he was worth it.

It's such a paradox with the complainers - they blame Kubiak and the Texans for decisions made by a staff that IS NOT HERE - - and THEN...say that we should hang on to our 2nd RD picks even though all our 2nd rd picks have been BUSTS! Oh, Demeco Ryans, you say? Yeah, he was a Kubiak/ Smith decison...just like Schaub.

Give the coach his QB and let him do his thing. Why don't we just, oh I don't know.............see what happens?

03-22-2007, 11:01 AM

funny, i was thinking meachem would be great for us at the #10 spot too... of course, it would be considering reaching by the media (ala donte whitner for the bills at #8 last year, who turned out to be a good pick).

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 02:09 PM
We are going to destroy you guys this yr!!! Falcons fan here by the way. Schaub is quality, i'll give him that, but he is not mobile and has a weak arm so don't expect too many bombs to Andre J. See you next yr. and thanks for helping in our quest to get Calvin Johnson...

ATLANTA 34 HOUSTON 13:victory: :dance2: :superman: :yahoo: