PDA

View Full Version : Carr to Miami a Possibility

kastofsna
03-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally Miami was seeking QB Trent Green of the Kansas City Chiefs in a trade. Green would be backup to Daunte Culpepper. Looks like that deal is falling apart, however.

Miami is looking for a veteran backup. I'm fully expecting them to make a call to the Texans, at the very least. A 5th rounder could do. Carr's days are clearly numbered, and there isn't too much value the Texans can squeeze from this turnip now that Schaub is in town. They'll be lucky to get what they get.

Don't expect him to supplant Daunte Culpepper as the started anytime soon if this deal goes down, however. Miami was looking at Trent Green for a backup role, period. Culpepper will have to prove he's just not back to his '04 form (or close enough) before anyone replaces him as starter.

Second Honeymoon
03-22-2007, 12:32 AM
I don't think Capers would exactly give Carr a ringing endorsement.

the dolphins are better off waiting till June when Carr will be cut. He will probably be traded at the last minute before he is cut, just like Steve McNair last year.

TexasJedi
03-22-2007, 12:38 AM
I could see that. It would be somewhat ironic since Cam Cameron was interviewed by the Texans last year before Kubiak was hired, and he had positive things to say about Carr. Yes, before someone chimes in, it might have been coaching candidate speak, but perhaps not. It might give us a chance to see what might or might not have been.

rockabilly
03-22-2007, 12:49 AM
he would also be reunited with Capers...(even though he is on defense)

GP
03-22-2007, 01:10 AM
Do not under-estimate the power of former coaches.

Dom is probably ACTIVELY lobbying the Miami FO for David as we speak. He revered DC.

It's probably the best fit, IMO. Warm weather, and an injured and immobile QB (Culpepper) seem like two dots that easily connect. Throw in the Capers factor, and it's even better.

TwinSisters
03-22-2007, 01:23 AM
Wonder who would win the #8 battle in Miami?

DarkNinja
03-22-2007, 02:27 AM
I say send the little boy Dave to his daddy Do...:dance2:

keyfro
03-22-2007, 08:31 AM
i say if they offer us anything and i do mean anything for him we should take it...heck take a 5th rounder for him or both the 6th and the 7th round picks for him...maybe a marty booker is available for trade

kastofsna
03-22-2007, 08:49 AM
i say if they offer us anything and i do mean anything for him we should take it...heck take a 5th rounder for him or both the 6th and the 7th round picks for him...maybe a marty booker is available for trade
i wouldn't rule out that possibility. booker's contract is up after this season and he still has value. and the emergence of derek hagan could make booker expendable. still, we better get something with carr if there's a deal between the players.

HuttoKarl
03-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I think Carr should at least net a 4th rounder. I wouldn't cry over a fifth though.

QB75
03-22-2007, 09:09 AM

Dom is probably ACTIVELY lobbying the Miami FO for David as we speak. He revered DC.

It's probably the best fit, IMO. Warm weather, and an injured and immobile QB (Culpepper) seem like two dots that easily connect. Throw in the Capers factor, and it's even better.

Carr to Miami would be great, especially because he would be able to challenge Culpepper for the starting job my mid-season. Also because the Dolphins play the Texans in Houston this year. I would enjoy seeing Carr come back here and play well. Very well as a matter of fact. :dance2:

Theoridic
03-22-2007, 09:14 AM
I would love that cause Miami is my second favorite team and if he does do better "like people think he will" on a different team I would love it to be with the Dolphins.

I would love to see the Dolphins and the Texans in the playoffs with Carr vs. Shaub

Off course then an ALL TEXAS SUPER BOWL

I can dream

NFLforher
03-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Carr to Miami would be great, especially because he would be able to challenge Culpepper for the starting job my mid-season. Also because the Dolphins play the Texans in Houston this year. I would enjoy seeing Carr come back here and play well. Very well as a matter of fact. :dance2:

I'd enjoy seeing him in Miami too. I was listeing to Fox sports radio last night and many fans from other teams wanted Carr.

What's that old saying,.... you don't know what you've got till it's gone....

:)

Porky
03-22-2007, 09:15 AM
I am really wondering if we get anything at all for him. Not because of Schaub, but because of his salary vs. production. If you believe published reports, the Texans have tried dilegently to trade him, but cannot get any takers with that contract. The only chance is if Carr would restructure, and add years at a lower cap number. Nobody thinks this guy is a decent starter anymore.

Dallas_Texan
03-22-2007, 09:17 AM

I agree. It will be nice justice for Carr when he tramples us!!

4Texans
03-22-2007, 09:22 AM
At this point, I don't care where he goes, just as long as we can get something for him instead of releasing him. I certainly wish Dave the best though. A change is this best thing for him right now.

QB75
03-22-2007, 09:24 AM
I am really wondering if we get anything at all for him. Not because of Schaub, but because of his salary vs. production. If you believe published reports, the Texans have tried dilegently to trade him, but cannot get any takers with that contract. The only chance is if Carr would restructure, and add years at a lower cap number. Nobody thinks this guy is a decent starter anymore.

Carr is unlikely to agree to restructure his contract, which would result in him being released and allow him to go to the team that offers him the best opportunity. This would prevent the Texans from receiving trade value.

A Texan
03-22-2007, 09:25 AM
I agree. It will be nice justice for Carr when he tramples us!!
Now you can go to the Miami forum. This is for Texans fans.

TexSon
03-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Harrington AND Carr in back to back years?:confused: :shocked

Honestly I want Carr to succeed wherever he goes... I just could not stomach seeing Carr try to lead this offense for another year.

I would be happy with a fourth for him at this point.

cuppacoffee
03-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Now you can go to the Miami forum. This is for Texans fans.

Try telling that to all the vy lovers around here.

Porky
03-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Nobody meaning...YOU...But, we'll all see won't we? Your negative posts/attitude towards Carr is almost nauseating at times. You got what you want, now let the man go in peace and wish him well. Would that just KILL you?:wild:

Go say bye bye to Davey for me will ya. You can hide behind user names all day long, but I wasn't born yesterday. You and QB75 will be very happy with brother backing up somewhere else. I wish the man no ill will, I simply don't think the vast majority of the NFL views him as a starter, and don't want him at his current price.

El Amigo Invisible
03-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Try telling that to all the vy lovers around here.

No Thanks

Hulk75
03-22-2007, 11:03 AM

Well I guess you will be in for a shock today or tomorrow.

hollywood_texan
03-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Carr is unlikely to agree to restructure his contract, which would result in him being released and allow him to go to the team that offers him the best opportunity. This would prevent the Texans from receiving trade value.

Then it appears Carr is all about the money and what works best for him.

You would think he would work with the Texans a bit because they invested $35 million into him.

hadaad
03-22-2007, 11:19 AM

Little bird tell you something? Black and silver? Brown and orange? Purple and yellow? What?

Tailgate
03-22-2007, 11:21 AM

I like Carr. I have always supported him, and always thought he just was drafted into a bad situation. I would be happy to see him prosper for another team. So now tell me we are getting a 3rd round pick for him!!! :)

hollywood_texan
03-22-2007, 11:23 AM

Hulk, DC has 1 training camp and about 4 to 6 NFL games to prove he is a starter in the NFL.

We'll know by the middle of the 2007 season if David Carr was being held back or was holding back the Texans.

kcwilson
03-22-2007, 11:25 AM

It is possible with the contract money due Culpepper and his health, that he may be cut...
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/03/21/0321dolphinsfeed.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

Seems like the Dolphins investment in aging defense is creating a win now mentality down there... and they seem to be angling to bring in a qb to get them there as fast as possible. If Green goes there, I think he is given a good chance to start.

gjmac2
03-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't Hulk have "Inside Info"?

:hmmm:

kcwilson
03-22-2007, 11:27 AM

You would think he would work with the Texans a bit because they invested $35 million into him.

It is still a business... if you were DC, would you do it? It is easy for everyone here to say that, but the guy should get credit for earning the best living he could for himself and family. Don't hate Carr for signing the contract given to him by someone else.

Now the Texans are sending him off, and you expect him to kowtow to their requests? Why, what is his incentive?

kcwilson
03-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Little bird tell you something? Black and silver? Brown and orange? Purple and yellow? What?

The little bird told him he sees Black and Blue, mostly.

leachmtb
03-22-2007, 11:34 AM
How about Carr and Babin. That way we give Dom his favorite players, and somehow regain our second round pick?

Porky
03-22-2007, 11:43 AM

I hope you're right Hulk, and obvisouely you are in a better position to know. If we can get anything for him without a restructure, you are right, I will be shocked, but happily so.

How is David taking all this? I bet he saw the handwriting on the wall some time ago. I wish him well in his future endeavors. There are far worse things than being a decent backup QB in the NFL (imo that is his future). Good luck to him and your family. He has been a classy representative of the Texans. I have no qualms about him personally. On the field is a different story....

Double Barrel
03-22-2007, 12:01 PM

Spoken like a Texans fan...or not. Your true colors are bleeding through. Only a fan of an individual player would root for him over their alleged team.

Weren't you part of the brigade that called out Vince Young fans for not being real Texans fans? So will you wear a Carr Dolphins jersey to the Houston/Miami game next year? Or will you even bother with the Texans anymore? Inquiring minds want to know! :victory:

You, too, 'eh? Afterall, it was a certainty on your part that DC would be in a Texans uni come August 2007. Wish him well for us, will ya? (Except when he plays the Texans, of course!)

aquafin
03-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Of all of Miami QB's last season, clearly Cleo Lemon was the most effective in preseason and in real games. I fully expect him to be our starter this season....with perhaps Trent Green or David Carr as his backup(not that Carr wouldn't be given a shot in preseason to win the job). I fully expect Culpepper to be cut because he is due 50 million over the next 5 years. If there is any question left regarding his health or ability then he will be gone! That leaves just Cleo Lemon. We would most definitely have to bring in another QB...that being Carr or Green, and then we would most likely draft a QB this time around. We have the no. 9 pick. I doubt Brady Quinn will still be around. maybe we could get that kid from Michigan State?

One underrated QB in the draft that no one is paying attention to is Pinkney from East Carolina. That guy is really good, but played at a small school. Watch out for him. Just look up his stats at East Carolina. Anyone care to post them here? Maybe coach K is reading this?(te he)

Specnatz
03-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Spoken like a Texans fan...or not. Your true colors are bleeding through. Only a fan of an individual player would root for him over their alleged team.

Weren't you part of the brigade that called out Vince Young fans for not being real Texans fans? So will you wear a Carr Dolphins jersey to the Houston/Miami game next year? Or will you even bother with the Texans anymore? Inquiring minds want to know! :victory:

You, too, 'eh? Afterall, it was a certainty on your part that DC would be in a Texans uni come August 2007. Wish him well for us, will ya? (Except when he plays the Texans, of course!)

Double Barrle, you do know who QB75 is? Of course he is a fan of Carr. Do you not cheer for those you are close to no matter where they go?

Some people get upset about someone cheering for a player but if you have a somewhat vested interrest in that player you would to.

Double Barrel
03-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Double Barrle, you do know who QB75 is?

No, I don't know who he is. Please enlighten me. :)

hollywood_texan
03-22-2007, 12:24 PM
It is still a business... if you were DC, would you do it? It is easy for everyone here to say that, but the guy should get credit for earning the best living he could for himself and family. Don't hate Carr for signing the contract given to him by someone else.

Now the Texans are sending him off, and you expect him to kowtow to their requests? Why, what is his incentive?

Totally agreed, but there are a few people on this board that are very supportive of Carr and take any criticism of him as a personal attack on Carr and his family.

You are basically proving my point, and I really appreciate that!

If Carr can cash the checks then he can take the blame that he couldn't carry the team.

But, you won't hear these extremely strong Carr supporters saying that. They want David to take the money and that it isn't his fault for how poorly the team has performed.

Porky
03-22-2007, 12:26 PM

I'm not exactly quaking in my boots about the thought of Carr coming into Reliant with (unnamed team here) and blowing us out. I can't wait to roll over his new team like a monster truck at a junkyard. :)

trutxn
03-22-2007, 12:27 PM
One underrated QB in the draft that no one is paying attention to is Pinkney from East Carolina. That guy is really good, but played at a small school. Watch out for him. Just look up his stats at East Carolina. Anyone care to post them here? Maybe coach K is reading this?(te he)

Remember he is a product of Steve Spurrier. His QBs always do well in college then flop in the pros. This is a case were you cannot just look at stats. People get too wrapped around the numbers. Danny Wuerfel broke every passing record in the world during his career at Florida and now he isn't even a reliable backup.

QB75
03-22-2007, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Double Barrel;635813]Spoken like a Texans fan...or not. Your true colors are bleeding through. Only a fan of an individual player would root for him over their alleged team.

Oh I see. It's not enough for Carr to be replaced, you want him to continue to struggle so you can be proven "right".

Some of us merely would like to see him find the success that has eluded him in an expansion franchise with poor management. Why is that so bad?

kcwilson
03-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Totally agreed, but there are a few people on this board that are very supportive of Carr and take any criticism of him as a personal attack on Carr and his family.

You are basically proving my point, and I really appreciate that!

If Carr can cash the checks then he can take the blame that he couldn't carry the team.

But, you won't hear these extremely strong Carr supporters saying that. They want David to take the money and that it isn't his fault for how poorly the team has performed.

I won't blame Carr for all the losses, but clearly he is part of the team and the team is held responsible. As a leader, he wasn't that strong and clearly didn't have the support of the team. He should take responsibility for the losses.

Returning money and taking responsiblity for losses are totally separate.

rickyb
Miami is looking for a veteran backup. I'm fully expecting them to make a call to the Texans, at the very least. A 5th rounder could do. Carr's days are clearly numbered, and there isn't too much value the Texans can squeeze from this turnip now that Schaub is in town. They'll be lucky to get what they get.

Plummer was traded to Tampa for a 2008 conditional draft choice, right? Shaub was traded to Houston for: a) swap of firsts, b) 2007 2nd, and c) 2008 2nd.

So, the market says: a retred veteran (now retired) with marginal success is worth a 5th, and a 3-year backup with an 0-2 record is worth about a second this year and a second next.

Now, I have a really really hard time believing Carr is worth only a 5th. Remember for every seller there is a buyer. People sell for their reasons, and people buy for their reasons. If Carr goes to Oakland, that very transaction frees up Oakland to keep Moss and draft Calvin Johnson. There is real value there.

What did Miami pay for C-pepp and his broke-down knee? Lots of uncertainty around that knee, and he had not exactly lit it up for the Vikes since the departure of Moss.

All of this leads to my point: Carr is worth more than a 5th. I reject that trade on principle. Were I the face of the Texans FO, I would refuse to make my FO the laughing stock of the league. I would much prefer to put a headset on Carr and slap a clipboard in his hands. At least there, we know we have a backup. And that value is worth more than a 5th.

Just my $0.02. Worth about that.
All the best,
Rick

Specnatz

Now I could be wrong but I thought, just like Hulk75 he is related to D Carr

MATRIX
03-22-2007, 12:30 PM
610 AM

They asked during Schuabs press conference about Miami. They said no, they want t put Carr in a position that he can start.

mexican_texan
03-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Ditto

kcwilson
03-22-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm not exactly quaking in my boots about the thought of Carr coming into Reliant with (unnamed team here) and blowing us out. I can't wait to roll over his new team like a monster truck at a junkyard. :)

I'd love to see Carr do well in games that don't affect our division standing. If he returns, I would love to see him lose. I don't wish for the Texans fans at the game to treat him or his family in a disrespectful manner, which is what I fear. Leave personal matters out of it... but it is ok to heckle the crap out of any opposing team player.

Specnatz
03-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Plummer was traded to Tampa for a 2008 conditional draft choice, right? Shaub was traded to Houston for: a) swap of firsts, b) 2007 2nd, and c) 2008 2nd.

So, the market says: a retred veteran (now retired) with marginal success is worth a 5th, and a 3-year backup with an 0-2 record is worth about a second this year and a second next.

Now, I have a really really hard time believing Carr is worth only a 5th. Remember for every seller there is a buyer. People sell for their reasons, and people buy for their reasons. If Carr goes to Oakland, that very transaction frees up Oakland to keep Moss and draft Calvin Johnson. There is real value there.

What did Miami pay for C-pepp and his broke-down knee? Lots of uncertainty around that knee, and he had not exactly lit it up for the Vikes since the departure of Moss.

All of this leads to my point: Carr is worth more than a 5th. I reject that trade on principle. Were I the face of the Texans FO, I would refuse to make my FO the laughing stock of the league. I would much prefer to put a headset on Carr and slap a clipboard in his hands. At least there, we know we have a backup. And that value is worth more than a 5th.

All the best,
Rick

Props, this exactly what I am thinking.

Double Barrel
03-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Oh I see. It's not enough for Carr to be replaced, you want him to continue to struggle so you can be proven "right".

Not at all. That's an assumption on your part.

I just want him to struggle when he plays my team

Otherwise, I wish him the best and have nothing to be proven "right" about.

Some of us merely would like to see him find the success that has eluded him in an expansion franchise with poor management. Why is that so bad?

I do not disagree and that is not so bad. I'm just a Texans fan over any individual player fan.

But if what I've been told about your relationship with Carr is correct, then I completely understand your undying support of DC (it is quite admirable, to be honest).

Pip
03-22-2007, 12:49 PM

A mid- to early-2nd round pick. That's it. Uncertainty, yes, but with significant proven success as well.

Pantherstang84
03-22-2007, 01:01 PM

He has been thrown under the bus by the organization. Whether deserved or not, do you really expect him to cooperate so they can get value for him?

What you some of you lose sight of is the NFL is a business above all else. He is doing what he thinks makes the best business sense for him. We as fans and the organization should expect nothing less.

To expect otherwise, is just naive.

trublu
03-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Remember he is a product of Steve Spurrier. His QBs always do well in college then flop in the pros. This is a case were you cannot just look at stats. People get too wrapped around the numbers. Danny Wuerfel broke every passing record in the world during his career at Florida and now he isn't even a reliable backup.

Spurrier is the HC for South Carolina not East Carolina. Unless the previous poster got it wrong, cause he put East Carolina.

gjmac2
03-22-2007, 01:07 PM
I still think the three way trade with Oakland and Green Bay is still the Texans Best option.

Oakland sends Moss to GB
Green Bay sends 2nd round pick to Houston
Houston sends Carr to Oakland

It frees Oakland to take Calvin Johnson, and frees them from Moss.
Green Bay makes one more run with Farve by giving him a strong wr, Moss
Houston gets back in the 2nd round.

Everybody wins!

:yahoo: :woot2

hollywood_texan
03-22-2007, 01:11 PM
He has been thrown under the bus by the organization. Whether deserved or not, do you really expect him to cooperate so they can get value for him?

What you some of you lose sight of is the NFL is a business above all else. He is doing what he thinks makes the best business sense for him. We as fans and the organization should expect nothing less.

To expect otherwise, is just naive.

See this, http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?p=635890#post635890.

How can anyone get thrown under the bus when they make $35 million over 5 years?

How does the saying going, "The buck stops here?"

You are missing my point!

As to your business point, the Texans totally screwed up drafting this guy and screwed up paying him $8 million this time last year.

Pantherstang84
03-22-2007, 01:34 PM
See this, http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?p=635890#post635890.

How can anyone get thrown under the bus when they make $35 million over 5 years?

How does the saying going, "The buck stops here?"

You are missing my point!

As to your business point, the Texans totally screwed up drafting this guy and screwed up paying him $8 million this time last year.

My point being Carr has no obligation to "help out" the Texans. His obligation is to himself and his family.

Sure the Texans organization made mistakes, but it is not Carr's responsibility to pay the pentance.

He got thrown under the bus when they decided to make a change and get rid of him. That too was a business decision. I have no problem with it. Business is business.

Carr refusing to renegotiate to help out Smith's ability to get a high draft pick is another business decision. No hard feelings. It's just business.

They knew what they had and paid him anyway. It really naive to believe Carr should have refused the money.

kastofsna
03-22-2007, 02:00 PM

All the best,
Rick
but for a truly comparable trade, look at harrington last year. 6th round pick that turned into a 5th based on conditions (playing time, etc). harrington was claerly on the outs this time last year, and detroit took what they could get to rid of him.

as for culpepper, it was between him and brees, and the thought of miami's training staff was that brees' shoulder had way too many question marks long term, and most teams agree that you'll take a QB with a bad knee over a bad shoulder ANY day of the week. the hope is that culpepper can return to a form comparable to his great '04 campaign.

hollywood_texan
03-22-2007, 02:12 PM
My point being Carr has no obligation to "help out" the Texans. His obligation is to himself and his family.

Agreed.

We are looking at this from different angles and perspectives.

The Pencil Neck
03-22-2007, 02:15 PM

It's fine for him to go off and be successful somewhere else. As long as he loses when he plays us.

I just don't think that Carr will be successful anywhere.

Cupps
03-22-2007, 02:33 PM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but KFFL is saying that Carr could be traded as soon as this afternoon, according to Rick Smith.

El Amigo Invisible
03-22-2007, 02:45 PM
How much is Carr worth? Are we gonna get a second rounder back???????? That would make me feel alot better.

Cupps
03-22-2007, 02:48 PM
How much is Carr worth? Are we gonna get a second rounder back???????? That would make me feel alot better.

I wouldn't bank on a second-rounder. If we got a third, that'd be a lot for Carr. I'd expect a fourth, personally... but anything is better than just cutting him.

michaelm
03-22-2007, 03:26 PM

According to many reliable sources here, most notably for me AJ, Hulk is DC brother.
AJ said it was a fact, straight up, and that's more than good enough for me.

threetoedpete
03-22-2007, 03:31 PM

Never get too much once you've gotten a taste for it. I think Mr. Capers has done everthing to and for DC that one Humane being could possibly do. I liken this sceanrio to Vald the impaler. Stick 'em deep and long. I hope he ends up in Oakland myself.

Double Barrel
03-22-2007, 03:44 PM
According to many reliable sources here, most notably for me AJ, Hulk is DC brother.
AJ said it was a fact, straight up, and that's more than good enough for me.

I am well aware of who Hulk is, and have known that information for a long time (well before he outed himself). Thanks, tho' :ok:

My question was specifically about the identity of 'QB75' (which is what the post you quoted was referring to), as there have been unconfirmed insinuations that he is part of the Carr tribe. Nobody has stepped forth with this knowledge, as far as I know.

michaelm
03-22-2007, 03:44 PM
I am well aware of who Hulk is, and have known that information for a long time (well before he outed himself). Thanks, tho'

My question was specifically about the identity of 'QB75' (which is what the post you quoted was referring to), as there have been unconfirmed insinuations that he is part of the Carr tribe. Nobody has stepped forth with this knowledge, as far as I know.

Man, why am I always getting those two mixed up?

This isn't the first time, and it has always bothered me... maybe it says something that I get them confused??? Probably because people seem to think he may be DC/Hulk's father...

tsip
03-22-2007, 04:25 PM

...your 'insider info' has not been right, yet-here's hoping your right this time!

tsip
03-22-2007, 04:28 PM
I am well aware of who Hulk is, and have known that information for a long time (well before he outed himself). Thanks, tho' :ok:

who is NFLFORHER?

tsip
03-22-2007, 04:37 PM

JMO, but I'd be suprised if Carr went to Miami BECAUSE of Capers...don't think Dom misses David...

HoustonRaised
03-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Would it be out of the question to give Miami : David Carr in return for a 5th Round Draft Pick and a trade of draft spots in the first?

Texans34Life
03-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Dolphins | Culpepper may be cut
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:46:54 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports if the Miami Dolphins trade for either Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green or Houston Texans QB David Carr, QB Daunte Culpepper will be released.

Hervoyel
03-22-2007, 07:19 PM
JMO, but I'd be suprised if Carr went to Miami BECAUSE of Capers...don't think Dom misses David...

Honestly though I'd be really shocked if David misses Dom much either.

Dom is a good man and great defensive coordinator but I wouldn't hire him to be the head coach of a team on any level.

Ole Miss Texan
03-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Would it be out of the question to give Miami : David Carr in return for a 5th Round Draft Pick and a trade of draft spots in the first?

I don't think moving up from 10 to 9 would really do us much good. I'd rather take a better draft pick next year. ie. instead of us giving atlanta our 2nd and 3rd this year we gave them our 2nd next year instead of 3rd this year. I'd rather have miami's 3rd next year than a 4th this year...you get the point eh!?

Texans34Life
03-22-2007, 07:29 PM
http://blogs.herald.com/random_evidence/2007/03/david_carr_to_d.html

David Carr to Dolphins?

David Carr in a trade from Houston? Go for it, Dolphins. He's worth a third-round pick. Not as sure about a second.

Carr is a former first-rounder in his physical prime, turning 28 in July. He's accurate (68.3% completions last year) and has good mobility. Just because he wore out his welcome with the Texans, dragged down by awful offensive lines, does not mean he won't blossom for somebody else.

I know this: Carr is a better choice than Trent Green, who'll be 37 in July and is coming off a concussion-ruined season.

Acquiring Carr would provide legitimate competition for fellow No. 8 Daunte Culpepper, and wouldn't preclude Miami from still drafting a quarterback prospect with a lower pick -- although it likely would preclude Miami trading up for a shot at, say, Brady Quinn.

Thoughts welcome on the Dolphins' ever-evolving QB situation now that Carr has driven into the picture.

Scottyboy
03-22-2007, 07:40 PM
he goes to Oakland

Hervoyel
03-22-2007, 07:41 PM
I love it! Quick, someone throw his passer rating in the comments on that page! That always fires up the believers and gets the optimists in the crowd excited.

aquafin
03-22-2007, 07:43 PM
I still say that Cleo Lemon is the odds on favorite to be our starter in Miami. Looks like Culpepper is on the way out. I prefer Carr over Trent Green. I'd like to see what Carr can do if we can offer him good protection. That said, I still think Cleo is the guy for us. If Daunte is out in Miami, that only leaves us with one QB...Cleo. So it will either be Carr or Green for sure. We can't go to camp with one QB? Surely we'll draft a QB somewhere in our 8 picks. Looks like a deal for Carr or Green is very likely now...and will probably happen sonner than later.

keyfro
03-22-2007, 07:50 PM
i don't think we're going to get anything for carr...lately i've seen too many stories about how we're going to release him shortly to believe that we'll get anything in a trade

Tulip
03-22-2007, 07:54 PM
How about Carr and Babin. That way we give Dom his favorite players, and somehow regain our second round pick?

Sold!

Navy_Chris
03-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Sold!

good idea.

Scottyboy
03-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Source reveals Carr will be in Miami Thursday.

And I'll reveal my source, my brother who works at the 4 seasons Hotel

in Miami off North Shore Dr. He has a room booked for the weekend???

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

NFLforher
03-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Source reveals Carr will be in Miami Thursday.

And I'll reveal my source, my brother who works at the 4 seasons Hotel

in Miami off North Shore Dr. He has a room booked for the weekend???

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thought so. This thread should be posted in the NFL section..not the Texans.

Mod please move.

El Amigo Invisible
03-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I thought I would see Ricky Williams and David Carr in a Texans uniform one day. Dolphins are in for one heck of a ride.

NFLforher
03-27-2007, 10:35 PM
I thought I would see Ricky Williams and David Carr in a Texans uniform one day. Dolphins are in for one heck of a ride.

Sure are!!!! :elmo:

03-27-2007, 10:39 PM
not only should this be in NFL talk, but the title is REALLY misleading. yeah.

2BCF
03-27-2007, 10:42 PM

One looks and plays like he's stoned and the other actually is.

03-27-2007, 10:47 PM

hahahahahahahhaha

i've seen people play stoned... and they play better than that. try again, haha

Second Honeymoon
03-27-2007, 10:54 PM

great stuff

NitroGSXR
03-27-2007, 10:58 PM
The last thing that I want to do is question anybody but it seems like everybody's got a brother who knows something around here.

Scottyboy
03-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Like it or not why else would he travel to Miami unemployed?:victory:

03-27-2007, 11:05 PM
yeah, its a good thing we're all online... hulk could probably eat me for dinner if he wanted to, i'm a small man in stature...

...remember hulk, it's never personal, man.... hahaha. david seems like a cool dude, honestly.

NitroGSXR
03-27-2007, 11:06 PM

Miami's a beautiful place to go. I'd love to vacation there actually.

03-27-2007, 11:13 PM

for a VISIT, as we all expected... a visit isnt necessarily a signing... but don't get me wrong, i appreciate the inside info. you just put down the wrong title.

Battle Red Flash
03-29-2007, 09:50 AM

Still waiting for that shock to come........
Wait was it that trade to Oakland? Signing with Miami? Signing with Carolina? Looks like they were all guesses from the start to me.