PDA

View Full Version : Amazing how everyone just loves Carr now around the country

Dime
03-21-2007, 11:15 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/mcc/messages/chrono/1883587

dtran04
03-21-2007, 11:19 PM
All the Texans need is one GM that thinks the same.

kastofsna
03-21-2007, 11:20 PM
yeah, it's like how people outside of miami think chris chambers is a really good receiver. when in reality, he sucks.

texasguy346
03-21-2007, 11:20 PM
If we get a 4th round pick for him we would be doing great. I think its more likely he'll be traded for a 5th if we get anything for him.

Andrew6
03-21-2007, 11:21 PM
alrighty news keep pumping it up so we get more for him when we trade him

2BCF
03-21-2007, 11:28 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/mcc/messages/chrono/1883587

LOL, good they can have him.
We will soon see what real value he has, the rest is just horses#@t.

Personally, I hope he ends up somewhere very cold with an open-roof stadium. Won't matter though, the bench usually has those high-powered heaters pointed towards them so he'll be nice and toasty on even the coldest days.

bigTEXan8
03-21-2007, 11:32 PM
people around the league realize that carr has gotten nothing but a shaft in houston. everyone and their blind mother realizes that the team did NOTHING to help protect a qb who should have been the face of the team.

kcwilson
03-21-2007, 11:48 PM
people around the league realize that carr has gotten nothing but a shaft in houston. everyone and their blind mother realizes that the team did NOTHING to help protect a qb who should have been the face of the team.

I don't think ESPN is right on all that often, but Mark Schlereth of ESPN commented on this and I think he is usually spot on as a former player...

The Texans never truly did put an OL in place to protect him and unfortunately the relationship is where it is that it is time that they each move on and thinkthat both the team and Carr stand a good chance at being successful.

2BCF
03-21-2007, 11:55 PM

LMAO...give it up already. Myth Busted.
Sage seemed to do pretty well in just over 1 QTR of play behind that same horrible O-line!

BattleRedToro
03-22-2007, 12:02 AM
LMAO...give it up already. Myth Busted.
Sage seemed to do pretty well in just over 1 QTR of play behind that same horrible O-line!

That was 1 QTR compared to 5 years.

Fiddy
03-22-2007, 12:21 AM
Question: How many Texans games do you think these people loving Carr have watch? When they played their favorite team? That's probably it.

Texans43
03-22-2007, 12:26 AM

To any fan that pays attention, it is clear that Carr is inferior at:

leadership
reading defenses
on-the-field decision making
work ethic

Schaub and Rosenfels are hungry backups that have displayed all of the above. One of them will make it. They haven't been handed anything while Carr has been the spoiled brat who hasn't had to compete for anything. Carr to the fanbase = poisen!

TexasFight
03-22-2007, 12:31 AM
carr is not the answer but his talent is hard to guage behind that porous OL. schaub is not much better. either decision - keep carr or getting schaub - will ensure the texans stay near the top of the draft years to come. except keeping carr would have given them a better chance to improve thru the draft.

but drafting high isnt necessarily as nice as some people would think. see 2006 with mario williams.

GP
03-22-2007, 12:32 AM
Stink says Carr deserved better from the Texans.

He says this deal was basically designed on the potential of Schaub, and it's a big gamble.

He actually said, let me see if I get this right, "I think this is the best thing for David Carr...he never had a cast of players around him that he needs...now he gets to go somewhere else, maybe have to be a backup for a year or two before becoming the starter again..."

It was a big man crush on Carr, period. Suzy Kolber said "What do we know about Schaub?"

Stink replies "Well, we know he's pretty good in the preseason and that ain't saying much. It's very vanilla during the preseason..." Kolber chuckles, as does Stink.

So far, the deal is deemed to be a very bad deal. It's being heralded as a move that solidifies Vick and frees Carr.

Man, you'd think we just sold the farm for Ray Finkle.

Give me a WCO guy and a running game, and I'll give you a head coach who can coach a football team like we know he can.

And if Stink thinks Carr is going to feel better, just wait until he lands in Oakland (possibly) and the Black Hole urinates on his wife instead of throwing beer on her. That field should have a chicken-wire cage around it to protect the players. No way David Carr gets a fair shake in Oakland. That's got "career-ender" written all over it.

Daunte's done in Miami. Joey Harrington is done in Miami. Capers is in Miami, just waiting to pick up DC at the airport. My gut says David is a Dolphin one way or another.

run-david-run
03-22-2007, 12:45 AM
I personally dont give a damn what the deal is considered right now, just like I place no value in people saying Mario was a terrible pick, simply because its 100% opinion and no one knows. If Schaub throws 25 TD's and we go 9-7 or better, would it still be a bad trade? If Mario gets 15 sacks and dominates, would people still complain about Reggie? This is all relative, the next 5-10 years are going to determine if these were good or bad decisions for the Texans franchise, not some talking heads and misguided fans.

GP
03-22-2007, 12:57 AM
I personally dont give a damn what the deal is considered right now, just like I place no value in people saying Mario was a terrible pick, simply because its 100% opinion and no one knows. If Schaub throws 25 TD's and we go 9-7 or better, would it still be a bad trade? If Mario gets 15 sacks and dominates, would people still complain about Reggie? This is all relative, the next 5-10 years are going to determine if these were good or bad decisions for the Texans franchise, not some talking heads and misguided fans.

BTW, when you gonna' change your username?

And I agree with what you said. I think there's a lot of sympathy being given out to David by the media.

The sports media actually HATE this team more than we ever knew. We are their whipping post. LOL.

Gonna' be interesting to watch now.