PDA

View Full Version : How odd is it going to be not seeing Carr on the field?

TexanSam
03-21-2007, 10:48 PM
As happy as most Texans fans will feel when they see he isn't the starting QB, it's going to be weird that 1st regular season game when the guy lining up behind center isn't David Carr. Maybe it's just me that feels this way though.

Zagen30
03-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Maybe it'll be weird like when you lose a baby tooth, where it feels odd yet you know that it's for the better.

SamuraiSword
03-21-2007, 10:50 PM
As happy as most Texans fans will feel when they see he isn't the starting QB, it's going to be weird that 1st regular season game when the guy lining up behind center isn't David Carr. Maybe it's just me that feels this way though.

When I see my first hail mary as a Texan is the day I dance with......:elmo:

Pantherstang84
03-21-2007, 10:55 PM
When I see my first hail mary as a Texan is the day I dance with......:elmo:

You may have to wait a while longer I'm afraid. Schaub does not exactly have a cannon for a arm according to what I've read about him.

Doesn't really make a difference. The WCO is not exactly a vertical offense.

Texizgreat
03-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Very Odd!

I have very mixed feelings about this.

awtysst
03-21-2007, 11:08 PM
What is gonna be weird is to see Carr marching onto the field wearing another team's uniform. I wonder how the crowd will react to him.I wonder how the crowd will react.

uhcougar08
03-21-2007, 11:20 PM
What is gonna be weird is to see Carr marching onto the field wearing another team's uniform. I wonder how the crowd will react to him.I wonder how the crowd will react.

I, for one, will applaude(sp) him for his time spent here in Houston, just like any other former Texan that paid his dues to this organization and city. He is a classy guy, so I think Houston should show him a class act by not booing.

kcwilson
03-21-2007, 11:42 PM
...you've been an outstanding young man and roll model to this city.

oh, Sweet irony... anyone notice he spelled "role" model as "roll"... as in stop drop and roll... most of the time our passing attack did look like a fire drill.

*sigh*... Good times.

awtysst
03-21-2007, 11:44 PM
I hope the crowd gives him a nice cheer to start. He is a decent guy who did tried his best to help the organization.

kcwilson
03-21-2007, 11:44 PM
I'll second that. Some may not have liked him, but you can't say he didn't take it like a man, year in year out. He deserves some respect for how he handled himself during a very difficult situation. (PERIOD):wild:

The guy did give it 100% in my opinion... the results weren't all that great... but the guy showed up, worked hard to do his job, and sacrificed his body all the time.

Best of luck to him...

awtysst
03-22-2007, 12:04 AM
The guy did give it 100% in my opinion... the results weren't all that great... but the guy showed up, worked hard to do his job, and sacrificed his body all the time.

Best of luck to him...

Yeah, except when he plays us of course!

Napa Auto Parts
03-22-2007, 12:06 AM
its not going to be odd at all its going to be a blessing knowing we are going to have a decent chance at winning.

2BCF
03-22-2007, 12:08 AM
its not going to be odd at all its going to be a blessing knowing we are going to have a decent chance at winning.

Amen, brother! Looking forward to it.

GP
03-22-2007, 12:21 AM
Here's an even better question:

How odd is it going to be to see posters on this board who have the word "Carr" in the username?

CarrBomb

2BCarrFree

etc.

Gotta' change those usernames, fellas!

LOL. Never use a player's name as your username....

Reddevil63
03-22-2007, 12:35 AM
I hope the crowd gives him a nice cheer to start. He is a decent guy who did tried his best to help the organization.I hope they will, but I have a strange feeling there are enough douchebags that will boo. I know Im going to try and make it to the first game he comes back for.