PDA

View Full Version : Schaub comparison to who...your opinions

MATRIX
03-21-2007, 04:30 PM
I belive he is a Tom Brady type. Not great speed, but knows how-to win. Plus, he isn't beaten to death from playing, so he has alot of miles left.

The games I have watched him play in, he has shown he can make all the reads and get the ball where it should be. Very much like Brady.

Who do you feel he compares to?

Dunta_23
03-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Not bashing what you said at all....but from his 2 career NFL starts, where do you get the perception that he is a "winner"?

rmartin65
03-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Especially since he lost both games?

Dunta_23
03-21-2007, 04:34 PM
I see him as a poor mans Eli Manning...Puts strings of great series together..looks like an all-pro...then dissapears at times etc...I havent seen Schaub play much...but for some reason that is in my head...Im not even a fan of the real Eli Manning either

DomDavis
03-21-2007, 04:34 PM

He's started one game when he wasn't a rookie, and that was a loss to the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots on a field goal at the gun where he threw for 298 yards, 3 TD and 0 INT.

What a worthless scrub. If he were worth anything, he would've inspired his defense to block the field goal and win the game.

Anguyen
03-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Could be another Cody Carlson, look good in losing games

swtbound07
03-21-2007, 04:38 PM
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1096084148&fr=yfp-t-501

rmartin65
03-21-2007, 04:38 PM
He's started one game when he wasn't a rookie, and that was a loss to the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots on a field goal at the gun where he threw for 298 yards, 3 TD and 0 INT.

What a worthless scrub. If he were worth anything, he would've inspired his defense to block the field goal and win the game.

Calm down, just pointing something out. The guy said he was a winner, but he has not started and won a game in the NFL yet. I never said he is not good, I hope he is because we gave up a lot for him.

Texan_Bill
03-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Could be another Cody Carlson, look good in losing games

The "Commander" is over qualified (too many starts). Maybe Oliver Luck or Brent Pease...

afcman
03-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I see him as a poor mans Eli Manning

Well, I hope not. Because Eli has not proven to be a leader. By that I mean commands respect from fellow players. Carr was not a leader.

A QB.....HAS to be.....NEEDS to be a leader.

Right now I'm very happy. :redtowel: I have hope again. Man I can't wait for the draft. Shoot, I wish the season started next week. :dance2:

Sco-tai
03-21-2007, 04:45 PM
BUCKY....BUCKY!!!!

We just traded TWO(2) Second round picks and dropped 2 (potentially valuable slots) for BUCKY!

Sweet! :joker:

Of course.......that is worst case scenario.

If he does become a Texan...I'll be cheering for him!:yahoo:

MATRIX
03-21-2007, 04:45 PM
He is alot like Brady...can make throws, and while they may loose...he dosen't throw that last second INT to do it.

kcwilson
03-21-2007, 04:52 PM
He is alot like Brady...can make throws, and while they may loose...he dosen't throw that last second INT to do it.

He also could be Rob Johnson, Gus Frerotte, or Patrick Ramsey. But unlike Brady, Schaub hasn't made any throws to win.

Mr teX
03-21-2007, 05:01 PM
From what i've seen of him, he falls in the hasselbeck, green, bulger range. high-middle teir Qb's which makes him an upgrade. I know everyone wants to be optimistic & project him as a Bradylike sensation, but no one can see that in his limited action, hell NFL scouts couldn't even see that in Brady when he was drafted.

TheRealJoker
03-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Im hoping he has similar success as Matt Hasselbeck in Seattle.

Shiney_McShine
03-21-2007, 05:10 PM

He did not LOSE those games. His defense did. He thrashed the Patriots one game, but the defense let him down.....

Goldeagle
03-21-2007, 05:19 PM
I belive he is a Tom Brady type. Not great speed, but knows how-to win. Plus, he isn't beaten to death from playing, so he has alot of miles left.

The games I have watched him play in, he has shown he can make all the reads and get the ball where it should be. Very much like Brady.

Who do you feel he compares to?

Knows how to win???? He was a back up to a crappy starting QB

TNTitan
03-21-2007, 05:39 PM
closer to VY, wait, nevermind

rmartin65
03-21-2007, 05:49 PM
He did not LOSE those games. His defense did. He thrashed the Patriots one game, but the defense let him down.....

Okay, my bad. The same could be said for a lot of quarterbacks, I was just saying that the original poster said he was a winner and he has yet to officially win a game starting from the quarterback position.

yourfavoritetexan42
03-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Put it this way...there are high school quarerbacks i would rather play this season than schaub.... this will set back our franchise even further.

FalconsFan
03-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Doug Johnson