PDA

View Full Version : do we have a plan for Carr?

htownfoozball
03-21-2007, 04:06 PM
i dont think we would have given up this much to get schaub unless we had a plan to move carr immediately or teams are really interested and serious in trading for him. anybody have a feeling on what will happen to him?

Marcus
03-21-2007, 04:16 PM
i dont think we would have given up this much to get schaub unless we had a plan to move carr immediately or teams are really interested and serious in trading for him. anybody have a feeling on what will happen to him?

Here's a quiz.

What did the Detroit Lions do with Joey Harrington?

JamesC
03-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Maybe we can trade him for a 2nd round pick. :hmmm:

freedoggy77
03-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Maybe we can trade him for a 2nd round pick. :hmmm:

ha! wishful thinking. i'd be surprised if we got a 3rd!

pebblescds
03-21-2007, 05:48 PM
No way he's worth a 2nd rd pk to any team? That's no knock on him, but its just the truth... Maybe a fourth honestly. I think that's more likely on draft day. I like David as a person, not as a player. I can seperate the two. I'd like him to go to a team where he had the chance to succeed.

My gut feeling honestly, is that the Texans will be forced to cut/release him. Because teams know how badly we want to get rid of him. The Lions released Harrington instead of trading him, because teams knew his value was low enough to "wait out" his current team. So other teams who DO Want Carr, will just "wait out" the Texans...to cut him before April/May workouts begin. They will not want to pay him any of his deal, so they'll cut him. This way he will be an UnRestricted FA to go wherever he wants to go, sign wherever he wants to Sign. I'll be curious to see where he ends up?

Best case scenario for the team is trading Carr for a pk 3/4/5 rd from any team frankly. I just doubt this will happen, his deal isn't attractive, he got that extension last year, that is the problem. Otherwise we'd have lots of takers for him, so many teams need a QB.

SamuraiSword
03-21-2007, 05:52 PM

Trade Carr to Oakland for a 2nd round pick.

afcman
03-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Because teams know how badly we want to get rid of him.

Yeah, but WE know there are teams that would LOVE to have him. Some almost NEED him. If Smith and Kubs play it right, this could work in our favor.

I don't think this will EVER happen, but wouldn't it be something if we kept Carr as our backup? Then next year draft a QB?

NAW! :)

My Hero
03-21-2007, 05:58 PM
No way he's worth a 2nd rd pk to any team? That's no knock on him, but its just the truth... Maybe a fourth honestly. I think that's more likely on draft day. I like David as a person, not as a player. I can seperate the two. I'd like him to go to a team where he had the chance to succeed.

My gut feeling honestly, is that the Texans will be forced to cut/release him. Because teams know how badly we want to get rid of him. The Lions released Harrington instead of trading him, because teams knew his value was low enough to "wait out" his current team. So other teams who DO Want Carr, will just "wait out" the Texans...to cut him before April/May workouts begin. They will not want to pay him any of his deal, so they'll cut him. This way he will be an UnRestricted FA to go wherever he wants to go, sign wherever he wants to Sign. I'll be curious to see where he ends up?

Best case scenario for the team is trading Carr for a pk 3/4/5 rd from any team frankly. I just doubt this will happen, his deal isn't attractive, he got that extension last year, that is the problem. Otherwise we'd have lots of takers for him, so many teams need a QB.

Funny we just spent two 2nd round picks on a back up QB, I guess that once again we are taken to the bank.

Spike
03-21-2007, 05:59 PM
IMO, what we do with Carr is the "X" factor in the Schaub deal. I have heard reports that this deal has been in the works for a week, so you know that the Texans have been shopping Carr for some time. Ideally, we have a deal in place...but it can't be any surprise if there weren't any takers.

Zagen30
03-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Yeah, but WE know there are teams that would LOVE to have him. Some almost NEED him. If Smith and Kubs play it right, this could work in our favor.

I don't think this will EVER happen, but wouldn't it be something if we kept Carr as our backup? Then next year draft a QB?

NAW! :)

Schaub would have to be Ryan Leaf x5 to have the coaching staff lose faith in one year, so I don't think a QB will be drafted next year. I would be surprised if Carr fetches more than a couple of cases of Miller Lite at this point.

2BCF
03-21-2007, 06:05 PM
I honestly don't care what we do with Carr.
Seriously doubt we'll get much of anything for him, 4th or a 5th rounder.
Or just cut him and be done with it already.
GOOD RIDDANCE!

afcman
03-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Schaub would have to be Ryan Leaf x5 to have the coaching staff lose faith in one year, so I don't think a QB will be drafted next year.

No, but we could draft a QB and let him learn for 2-3yrs. We have to have a QB anyway. And I don't want just ANYBODY back there.

Vinny
03-21-2007, 06:09 PM
No, but we could draft a QB and let him learn for 2-3yrs. We have to have a QB anyway. And I don't want just ANYBODY back there.
Um, we just traded for a QB today. We won't be looking for a QB in the draft.

TEXANFAN23435
03-21-2007, 08:34 PM
You know who has an even higher need for a QB right now and would not be in a position to help themselves with a starting QB for next year?? How about the Green Bay Packers!!

We could possibly get a RD4 pick this year. I hate to see him go but a year or two of watching a QB like Farve could really help. Not to mention, this team is getting better faster than we are.

Oakland is another good bet and knowing how bad they would like to get CJ at WR, I would hold out for a RD3 pick. They must have a QB to throw to all those WR's.

Ole Miss Texan
03-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Supposedly we're close to a deal with Oakland but wouldn't pull the trigger untill our deal with Atlanta happend.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Carr announcement it this week.

I wouldn't mind seeing a trade of Carr for Moss or something.

I'd like to see us trade down our 1st rounder now to pick up an extra pick...i think that would be important.

Andrew6
03-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Supposedly we're close to a deal with Oakland but wouldn't pull the trigger untill our deal with Atlanta happend.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Carr announcement it this week.

I'd like to see us trade down our 1st rounder now to pick up an extra pick...i think that would be important.

not too keen on a moss trade,

awtysst
03-21-2007, 08:46 PM
I would love to see us get a 2nd-4th for Carr.

Cgold
03-21-2007, 08:50 PM
we traded 2 2nd round picks for him, and if that wasnt enough, "here take our better number one pick also" !!!!:confused: !!!!

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
03-21-2007, 09:15 PM
I honestly don't care what we do with Carr.
Seriously doubt we'll get much of anything for him, 4th or a 5th rounder.
Or just cut him and be done with it already.
GOOD RIDDANCE!

That what I was thinking about a 4th rounder, at least it is a pick and you never know, there might be a hidden gem there, just look at Owen Daniels great tight end for a 4th pick..........

K.D.
03-21-2007, 09:33 PM
not too keen on a moss trade,

I'm with you on this dogg. Although i would like to get porter out of it but not moss. BTW, that's a nice ass tatoo, where is it located? It look like it's on your knee-cap.

Pantherstang84
03-21-2007, 09:39 PM
we traded 2 2nd round picks for him, and if that wasnt enough, "here take our better number one pick also" !!!!:confused: !!!!

I'm with ya. I just don't get giving up that much for a "backup" that hasn't won either of his 2 starts. There must be someone that will be @ #8 that Atlanta wants real bad and someone who will be @ 10 that we want is all I can figure.

The Texans really are rolling the dice on this deal.

DBCooper
03-21-2007, 09:39 PM

"cringe"

no Moss!

BattleRedToro
03-21-2007, 09:42 PM

The Lions traded Harrington for a 6th round pick in the upcoming 2007 Draft with conditions that it could become a 5th round pick. I don't know if those conditions were met or not.

Mightymike
03-21-2007, 09:46 PM
i have a new idea for carr.
how about including him in a trade down deal in the draft?
let's say we do this with the packers.
we trade our #10 pick (1300 points) and David Carr to GB for their #16 pick
(1000 points) and their 2nd round pick (420 points)

that adds up to 1420 points(GB) vs. 1300 points and David Carr
the difference (120 points) is equivalent to a late 3rd round pick.

i hope i haven't confused y'all

aproberts03
03-21-2007, 09:46 PM
carr for porter would be a good trade so we have another good receiver on the other side of aj..but either a 1,2,3 round pick would be good as well..i don't think moving 2 positions back in the draft will hurt us, but i do think they gave up a lot giving them 2 2nd round picks

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
03-21-2007, 09:57 PM
i have a new idea for carr.
how about including him in a trade down deal in the draft?
let's say we do this with the packers.
we trade our #10 pick (1300 points) and David Carr to GB for their #16 pick
(1000 points) and their 2nd round pick (420 points)

that adds up to 1420 points(GB) vs. 1300 points and David Carr
the difference (120 points) is equivalent to a late 3rd round pick.

i hope i haven't confused y'all

this is what I posted on another thread:
Carr to Oakland
Oakland trades Moss to Green Bay
Houston and Green Bay trade/flip 1st round picks and Green Bay gives us there 2nd rounder.

BattleRedToro
03-21-2007, 10:09 PM
this is what I posted on another thread:
Carr to Oakland
Oakland trades Moss to Green Bay
Houston and Green Bay trade/flip 1st round picks and Green Bay gives us there 2nd rounder.

Green Bay moves up 6 spots and gets Randy Moss for their 2nd Round pick? I don't think Houston or Oakland would go for that. If Oakland would give up Moss for Carr then why would the Texans involve Green Bay? Why wouldn't Houston just stay at 10 and keep Moss? That is better then dropping 6 spots and giving up Moss for a 2nd Rounder.

aquafin
03-21-2007, 10:49 PM
I just read that Carr may end up in Miami and reunited with Dom Capers....if Miami cannot get a deal done for Trent Green in Kansas City.

PapaL
03-21-2007, 10:51 PM
I just read that Carr may end up in Miami and reunited with Dom Capers....if Miami cannot get a deal done for Trent Green in Kansas City.

Hey is CC your new GM by chance? Hmmm.....comment reserved for a later time.

Texanfan4ever
03-21-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure about ANY of this I am hearing. ALl we can do is trust that Kubiak and Rick Smith know what they are doing.

And:snobord: hold on for the ride. :snobord:

Texanfan4ever
03-21-2007, 11:02 PM
And on that last note, there are teams that feel Carr would be a great benefit. They are not swayed by Vince young love, they only know the stamina that David has. And the way he has played when he had opportunity. They don't live and die by David, like so many do here, so their opinion is not as skewed.

South Texan
03-21-2007, 11:14 PM
I can't see us getting Moss, he doesn't know the difference between confidence and arrogance, not McNair's kind of guy.

I believe they have been shopping Carr for a third round pick and have had no offers. They MIGHT get a second for Carr and our fifth or sixth. (One of you experts work out the points on that please?)

There may be more interest in Sage than Carr, we could end up trading Sage and having Carr as a backup. :eek:

All in all, I am thinking the off season will get even wilder, make sure those seatbelts are securely fastened.

Cook Thom
03-21-2007, 11:16 PM
The Texans would be very lucky to get a 3rd round pick for Carr. A 4th round selection is more realistic. He makes too much money and everyone knows we are desperate to get rid of him. It is a buyer's market.

potisyourfriend
03-21-2007, 11:43 PM
do we have a plan for Carr?

Yes, it's the samething you do when you catch a small fish..