PDA

View Full Version : I Vontanother Fullback

coachdent
03-21-2007, 11:46 AM
I am not incredibly upset about the Texans potentially losing Vonta Leach. Perhaps they could have set something in place to assure themselves of getting some kind of compensation from the Giants. but that isn't happening.

4 yrs at $7.2 million with up to $8 million as the final price tag is a bit excessive for a fullback.

I'd like to see more one back sets. The fullback in the NFL is becoming more and more obsolete. As a result, if you want one, you're going to have to pay through the nose to keep one.

The zone run game is more conducive to a one back system. As a team that is constantly up against cap issues, the financial decision to cut Vonta loose seems pretty cut and dry.

Also what should be evident is the need to cut loose the other fullback on our roster. JC will not be resurrected from the dead. JC will fumble again and again and make mistake after mistake. I do not want to see him in a Texan uniform next season. This needs to be a priority for the franchise. $990,000 against the cap for that crap next season. Hopefully there are other options out there in a fifth or sixth round or someone from Denver. Any of those options beats the Crook.

Maddict5
03-21-2007, 11:50 AM
lol at the thread name

infantrycak
03-21-2007, 12:03 PM
The fullback in the NFL is becoming more and more obsolete. As a result, if you want one, you're going to have to pay through the nose to keep one.

Demand down=price increase. Hmmm--you might want to update the economists.

Ole Miss Texan
03-21-2007, 12:24 PM

LOL ????

Supply is high = price increase too?

coachdent
03-21-2007, 12:51 PM

There aren't a whole lot of economists out here on the site who understand the financial numbers beyond the field. I apogize profusely for oversimplifying matters.

My point was, that I love Vonta and I think Vonta is much better than JC. But you must have some fiscal responsibility.

UHHEAVEN
03-21-2007, 01:27 PM
LOl, love the name of the thread. I agree totally on what your saying!!!!!!

Six days left and counting down . . . . . . . . . . . . till we know an answer!!!

:poker: