PDA

View Full Version : Carr to Oakland?

Hulk75
03-21-2007, 09:30 AM
A little bird tells me.:) Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson. I also have heard that a deal is ready to go but the Texans are dragging their feet (shocker), cause all the deals with Plummer, Garcia and Ramsey did not go through, so they are not going to deal untill they know they have a QB. AND for all that want Carr gone.............The Raiders said that they will not wait untill the draft for Houston to make up their minds, they want it done before hand. I also heard that the Texans do not really want to trade him but feel they kind have to.
So like usuall dont shoot the messanger, but believe what you like.

Cjeremy635
03-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the info....what are they willing to give up to get him?

Hulk75
03-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the info....what are they willing to give up to get him?

Yea I forgot to say that I dont know what is all in the deal, picks and such.

Trap_Star
03-21-2007, 09:33 AM
A little bird tells me.:) Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson. I also have heard that a deal is ready to go but the Texans are dragging their feet (shocker), cause all the deals with Plummer, Garcia and Ramsey did not go through, so they are not going to deal untill they know they have a QB. AND for all that want Carr gone.............The Raiders said that they will not wait untill the draft for Houston to make up their minds, they want it done before hand. I also heard that the Texans do not really want to trade him but feel they kind have to.

You know what Oakland is willing to give us for David?...

EDIT:NEVERMIND

HuttoKarl
03-21-2007, 09:34 AM

If David could throw to Moss and Calvin and Porter and toss to Lamont Jordan and Dominic Rhodes, it'd go a long way towards showing what David can do with more than one offensive weapon. If this happens, I wish him the best of luck unless he's playing the Texans. :)

Jerry Porter???? There's a WR2.

real
03-21-2007, 09:35 AM

Sounds about right. Thanks for the info.

texans83
03-21-2007, 09:35 AM
hey thanks hulk for the post, if david does go I hope he goes on and has a very succesfull career. I think he will get a fresh start.

HoustonFrog
03-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Is this one of the 20 teams after him?Just wondering. I'm sure the Texans have a gun to their head and can't stand to part with him. Kubiak and his teammates seem like they really are at a loss:rolleyes: Anyways, thanks for the info. I thought you had said earlier that he would be here..good to hear this info. Either way, both parties are better off split up.

BTW, I'm convinced that the minute we get some extra picks..whether it is through Carr or the draft...we will persue Plummer's rights. Just my thoughts.

Trap_Star
03-21-2007, 09:37 AM
If David could throw to Moss and Calvin and Porter and toss to Lamont Jordan and Dominic Rhodes, it'd go a long way towards showing what David can do with more than one offensive weapon. If this happens, I wish him the best of luck unless he's playing the Texans. :)

Jerry Porter???? There's a WR2.

Not unless they fix their O-line...:lightbulb:

Hulk75
03-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Is this one of the 20 teams after him?Just wondering. I'm sure the Texans have a gun to their head and can't stand to part with him. Kubiak and his teammates seem like they really are at a loss:rolleyes: Anyways, thanks for the info. I thought you had said earlier that he would be here..good to hear this info. Either way, both parties are better off split up.

Thanks for not being a jack ass 24 hours a day.

And so you cant stop throwing the 20 team thing around. YES 20 teams called about and asked what the price for him was, a lot of teams were not going to part with what the Texans wanted at the beggining.

Exithios
03-21-2007, 09:41 AM

I am not surprised by the possibility of Carr going to Oakland. It just brings up the same question that has been asked many times before, what is Oakland willing to give us for him.

I am convinced that regardless of how sweet the deal, Oakland does not want to give up the #1 overall pick. Calvin Johnson would almost be a lock for Oakland at this point.

Is Carr for Moss a possibility? This would be interesting to say the least.

humbleone
03-21-2007, 09:43 AM

Thanks Hulk for the post. If a trade happens, I hope it works out great for him there. He does have fans here in Houston who appreciate his courage, his toughness, his class and yes even now his leadership for not mouthing off at any of his team mates in the media (unlike #23).

HOU-TEX
03-21-2007, 09:43 AM

And who would this little bird be? Is the info tweety bird true? Or is it pterodactyl true? In other words, is your source worth a flip?:)

Mr. White
03-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the info, Hulk. I think that Oakland would be a good place for him.

Blu
03-21-2007, 09:44 AM
A little bird tells me.:) Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson.
Well you've been saying that all along, I for one thinks it's the best place for him. I just hope they have a good Qb coach and improve their Oline aswell.
Either way.. I hope the best for your Brother and the Texans.

jdm12
03-21-2007, 09:45 AM
If Kubes thinks Sage has NFL "start-ability" why not pull the trigger on the deal. I recall on several occasions Kubes saying he believed Sage could be a started in this league. If that statement is true, do the deal. Draft a young QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and groom him to be your new franchise QB. Seems like a simple solution if the rumor is true and if Kubes honestly believes in Sage's skills.

I guess the only thing that should be compromising the deal is what Oakland is willing to give up.

J

Hulk75
03-21-2007, 09:46 AM
And who would this little bird be? Is the info tweety bird true? Or is it pterodactyl true? In other words, is your source worth a flip?:)

No they are not.:rolleyes:

and what does this say...........?

HoustonFrog
03-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Thanks for not being a jack ass 24 hours a day.And so you cant stop throwing the 20 team thing around. YES 20 teams called about and asked what the price for him was, a lot of teams were not going to part with what the Texans wanted at the beggining.

Sorry Hulk, it was too easy.:)

As far as your bro goes, I'm one of the people who has said along that I want him gone but not out of hate but because the team and he would have better chances at success without each other. I'm not sure how good he can be and I have doubts about his ability but he'd have a better shot out of this town. So I'm no ass. Maybe a big smart ass here and there but not a ass...lol

Overall I'd be really happy with this. Maybe other teams are involved....like the Pack.

HuttoKarl
03-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Not unless they fix their O-line...:lightbulb:

Putting Sims at LT and gallery back at RT is a nice first step for Oakland. I'd also expect that they may look at ugoh, staley, or kalil in the second to further that cause.

HOU-TEX
03-21-2007, 09:54 AM
No they are not.:rolleyes:

and what does this say...........?

I'm not shooting anybody. I was just asking how reliable your little bird is. A little testy are we?:)

CarrIsFine
03-21-2007, 09:55 AM

Houston just needs to get it done. Kubiak has obviously given up on David after one year in his system. Good job QB guru. Just get it done, so David can have a new start. With the Texans history I have a feeling they will find some way to jack it up.

Cjeremy635
03-21-2007, 09:56 AM
If Kubes thinks Sage has NFL "start-ability" why not pull the trigger on the deal. I recall on several occasions Kubes saying he believed Sage could be a started in this league. If that statement is true, do the deal. Draft a young QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and groom him to be your new franchise QB. Seems like a simple solution if the rumor is true and if Kubes honestly believes in Sage's skills.

I guess the only thing that should be compromising the deal is what Oakland is willing to give up.

J

My guess is because we will not have a legitmate #2 at this stage if we let go of Carr and only have Sage. I know we picked up a guy last year, but is he a real #2 QB?

HuttoKarl
03-21-2007, 09:57 AM
My guess is because we will not have a legitmate #2 at this stage if we let go of Carr and only have Sage. I know we picked up a guy last year, but is he a real #2 QB?

Brady Quinn...come on down!

SESupergenius
03-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Good God, if go into the season with Sage Rosenfels as our QB we are in a heap of trouble.

Oakland is probably the right team for Carr. They are notorious for giving players 2nd chances and the fans eat that up.

Exithios
03-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Brady Quinn...come on down!

That seems to be more and more like reality. Sage may be able to carry our offense for a few games, but I don't think he is the answer for the 07 season much less for the long term.

But this would also have to include a possibility of trading up somewhere, there is no way that the Texans front office can just expect him to slide to us at #8.

HuttoKarl
03-21-2007, 10:01 AM
so...how many pages does this one go before totally degenerating into drivel?

HuttoKarl
03-21-2007, 10:02 AM
That seems to be more and more like reality. Sage may be able to carry our offense for a few games, but I don't think he is the answer for the 07 season much less for the long term.

But this would also have to include a possibility of trading up somewhere, there is no way that the Texans front office can just expect him to slide to us at #8.

If he doesn't slide, then expect someone like Drew Stanton, Kevin Kolb, Beck or Trent Edwards (who wowed scouts at the Stanford pro-day) to be our drafted QB.

HoustonFrog
Good God, if go into the season with Sage Rosenfels as our QB we are in a heap of trouble.

Oakland is probably the right team for Carr. They are notorious for giving players 2nd chances and the fans eat that up.

Off topic but this statement cracks me up. Like going into a 6th year with Carr was any less tenuous?..lol

The point of this season is to hold ground while having a guy in training. Sage is a hard worker that helped game plan last year. I like the fit. JMO

Exithios

Generally speaking, the drivel has already begun. :drool:

texans83

I agree, Clevelans is falling more and more in love with BQ so im not sure if he will get past them. Im scared if Sage is going to be our started for the entire season next year.

infantrycak
03-21-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm not shooting anybody. I was just asking how reliable your little bird is. A little testy are we?:)

Hulk is Carr's brother.

HOU-TEX
03-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Hulk is Carr's brother.

I know he is. That doesn't necessarily mean his source is worth a crud. For all I know, he's blowing smoke up everyones arses. Kind of like the 20 teams that called inquiring about Carr.:)

houstonhurricane
03-21-2007, 10:09 AM
In my opinion, if Carr ends up in Oakland; they draft Calvin Johnson and somewhat upgrade their offensive line, I think they will have a better record than the Texans this upcoming season...

That being said, I agree that the Texans have to move Carr - my only concern is Sage without any quality backup. I don't think Quinn will last until #8.

houstonhurricane
03-21-2007, 10:10 AM
If he doesn't slide, then expect someone like Drew Stanton, Kevin Kolb, Beck or Trent Edwards (who wowed scouts at the Stanford pro-day) to be our drafted QB.

If either of those three are our immediate backup qb this year, we are in serious trouble...

Exithios
03-21-2007, 10:14 AM
I know he is. That doesn't necessarily mean his source is worth a crud. For all I know, he's blowing smoke up everyones arses. Kind of like the 20 teams that called inquiring about Carr.:)

You are right, his source may or may not be very reliable, but I'll take any speculation from Hulk75 on the occurances of David Carr over anyone else on these boards.

HuttoKarl
03-21-2007, 10:16 AM
If either of those three are our immediate backup qb this year, we are in serious trouble...

Any of them could probably figure out how to play well enough if need be after a full preseason and five or six games. Our NFL Euro guy can maintain until then.

CarrIsFine
03-21-2007, 10:21 AM

Why don't you tell us exactly how many teams called about Carr. What's that? You don't have a clue? So why ridcule someone that actually might have a clue?

You do have a point though, if I was Carr's brother and kept getting ridiculed by you and your frog buddy I would post some BS every once and awhile.:)

HOU-TEX
03-21-2007, 10:22 AM
You are right, his source may or may not be very reliable, but I'll take any speculation from Hulk75 on the occurances of David Carr over anyone else on these boards.

OK....but I won't. There are several other posters that frequent this board that are "in the know" that I'll listen to first.:)

HoustonFrog
03-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Why don't you tell us exactly how many teams called about Carr. What's that? You don't have a clue? So why ridcule someone that actually might have a clue?

You do have a point though, if I was Carr's brother and kept getting ridiculed by you and your frog buddy I would post some BS every once and awhile.:)

Please leave me out of your childish rants. I rarely talk to Hulk and actually, if you read my posts, have been nice about the bro, despite wanting him gone. Just step back. The only reason "20 team" smack gets talked about is because it was thrown out and then people listed the teams that would need a QB. I don't fault a bro for wanting to pump up his flesh and blood but it doesn't mean people have to trust the source. Usually these talks happen between agents/GMS/teams and between players and agents.

El Amigo Invisible
03-21-2007, 10:26 AM

Can we draft CJ?

TEXANRED
03-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Not to Oakland!!!!!!!!

Walter or what ever his name is, was on pace to break the sack record b/f he got pulled.

Give Carr a line!

Mr. White
03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
A caller just talked about this thread on 610. Said Carr's brother said that Oakland wants Carr. John said that that rumor's been out there.

Ole Miss Texan
03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
I kind of hope some sort of deal goes through with oakland. i'm actually starting to like the raiders team again...they already have like the #3 overall defense...all they need if they get Carr and CJ is O-line help...they will be dangerous imo.

I'm really interested in what we would do with the QB situation. If Quinn falls to us I would almost guarantee that he's the pick. Like someone said...I truthfully don't see him falling to us. I hope we don't trade up for him either. This will be a very interesting next 5 weeks to say the least!

real
03-21-2007, 10:37 AM

Nope...

It's either a first rd. QB, or a Vet and one of the guys you mentioned...

We aren't going to go into the camp with Kolb, and Sage...or any of those other guys + Sage....

Even if you think Sage can get it done, you'd basically be living on a hope and prayer that he doesn't get injured because all of thsoe guys would likely be horrible being thrown into the fire their first year...

If we get Quinn we can afford to not have another vet.

It's pretty simple looking at how the Texans have gone about this.

They definitely want David gone but they either need a first rd. QB or a Vet + a 2nd tier QB who they can look at as the possible "future".

IMO, one of those two options will happen and David won't be a Texan next year.

HoustonFrog
03-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Nope...

We aren't going to go into the camp with Kolb, and Sage...or any of those other guys + Sage....

Even if you think Sage can get it done, you'd basically be living on a hope and prayer that he doesn't get injured because all of thsoe guys would likely be horrible being thrown into the fire their first year...

They definitely want David gone but they either need a first rd. QB or a Vet + a 2nd tier QB who they can look at as the possible "future".

I've also read that because of Stantons pro day he is moving up in the 2nd round. I'm not even sure we would take the guy to be groomed that high(if it isn't a 1st rounder)That would lead me to believe that it would be a Kolb or another in the 3rd or so.

Ole Miss Texan
03-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Nope...

So long as that vet isn't Aaron Brooks and I will be fine.

I'll bet they've been having these talks with oakland for a while and that's why they rushed in Ramsey...kinda coming together now...coincidence? maybe. lol

Dime
03-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Wellllllllll

If Oakland really wants Carr, they are wanting him for two reasons. First, he might be much better with a new team and enviroment (new confidence does wonders) and they would be in a position to pick up CJ. CJ is worth alot right now. So I say we do the deal and trade Carr for their 2nd rounder. Now before you all say, it wont happen. Consider this. The MAIN reason they want Carr is that they dont have to take a QB with thier first pick and use it on CJ. They would be getting a starting QB with experience AND the best player in the draft. This would leave us taking a QB or RB with the first pick (#8) AND we have the #33 and #41 picks as well. Sounds doable, its the most we could probably get out of Carr right now, AND everyone wins from this. They win a start QB, and starter WR. We will be in position to pick up Russell, Quinn, or AD (someone of these 3 will be there at #8) and get another 2nd round to fill holes.

infantrycak
03-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Nope...

Like there is a plethora of quality vets just sitting around out there waiting to get signed. You have to choose from the menu.

houstonhurricane
03-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Wellllllllll

AND everyone wins from this. They win a start QB, and starter WR. We will be in position to pick up Russell, Quinn, or AD (someone of these 3 will be there at #8) and get another 2nd round to fill holes.

Amen! This would be a fantastic deal for both sides. At that stage, I wonder if the Texans would use that second rounder to move up a couple of spots to ensure either AP, Thomas or Quinn??

real
03-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Like there is a plethora of quality vets just sitting around out there waiting to get signed. You have to choose from the menu.

And that is what I believe has been holding up this David Carr saga...

They weren't going to bring him back if they signed Plummer or Garcia...

I really felt like they were desperate when they brought in Ramsey...

Unsure, whether or not Quinn will be there at eight...don't really want to give up too much to get him...

They're kind of stuck...

It depends on how much they want to get rid of David. If they wanted to...they could get Plummers right's from Tampa....If they wanted to, they could move up for Quinn or Russel....

My guess is that the Texans are slow playing it, hoping to get the QB situation under control with either a move up, or a trade for a Vet before they deal Carr. But I think that if neither one of those options materialize Carr will still be gone and they'll do something desperate like signing Drew Bledsoe, or trading for a veteran back up...

Just thinking outloud...

nunusguy
03-21-2007, 11:22 AM
I kind of hope some sort of deal goes through with oakland. i'm actually starting to like the raiders team again...they already have like the #3 overall defense...all they need if they get Carr and CJ is O-line help...they will be dangerous imo.
I'm really interested in what we would do with the QB situation. If Quinn falls to us I would almost guarantee that he's the pick. Like someone said...I truthfully don't see him falling to us. I hope we don't trade up for him either. This will be a very interesting next 5 weeks to say the least!
If you want to really muddy the waters with this Carr to Oakland talk,throw in
Quinn. Because Lance on 610 said this morning he has a friend who usually knows what the Raiders are doing and Lance saide this guys says the Rainders prefer Quinn over Russel.

kcwilson
03-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Wellllllllll

If Oakland really wants Carr, they are wanting him for two reasons. First, he might be much better with a new team and enviroment (new confidence does wonders) and they would be in a position to pick up CJ. CJ is worth alot right now. So I say we do the deal and trade Carr for their 2nd rounder. Now before you all say, it wont happen. Consider this. The MAIN reason they want Carr is that they dont have to take a QB with thier first pick and use it on CJ. They would be getting a starting QB with experience AND the best player in the draft. This would leave us taking a QB or RB with the first pick (#8) AND we have the #33 and #41 picks as well. Sounds doable, its the most we could probably get out of Carr right now, AND everyone wins from this. They win a start QB, and starter WR. We will be in position to pick up Russell, Quinn, or AD (someone of these 3 will be there at #8) and get another 2nd round to fill holes.

There is no way that we get a 2nd round pick for Carr. The market was set last year when Harrington left Detroit for a 5th. Since Carr probably has a few more "excuses" about his performance, valid or not, he will probably at most fetch a third, but in my opinion, we'll only get an offer for a 4th.

Unfortunately, the teammates are undermining the management by making snide comments about Carr (robinson, ex-moulds, and allegedly Pitts this morning on the radio). This diminishes the value of Carr to others from a public perception standpoint and ultimately will result, to some degree, in lesser of a return via trade. As much as management and the MB would like a 2nd... the actions of recent point to the Texans posturing a possible release and trashing of character in the locker room, and diminishing his trade value.

HoustonFrog
03-21-2007, 11:27 AM
And that is what I believe has been holding up this David Carr saga...

They weren't going to bring him back if they signed Plummer or Garcia...

I really felt like they were desperate when they brought in Ramsey...

Unsure, whether or not Quinn will be there at eight...don't really want to give up too much to get him...

They're kind of stuck...

It depends on how much they want to get rid of David. If they wanted to...they could get Plummers right's from Tampa....If they wanted to, they could move up for Quinn or Russel....

My guess is that the Texans are slow playing it, hoping to get the QB situation under control with either a move up, or a trade for a Vet. But I think that if neither one of those options materialize Carr will still be gone and they'll do something desperate like signing Drew Bledsoe, or trading for a veteran back up...

Just thinking outloud...

I'm not saying he is the answer but if they want a vet that knows the system..I think there is a real possibiity that the pick they get through a Carr deal or a trade down could be used to throw at TB for the rights to Plummer to see if he will unretire.(I'm sure there would have to be affirmations to this in order to give up a pick) The whole thing seemed "sour" to me. He wants to come here. Kubes seemed to want him here. He goes to TB. Pissed off he retires and TB is sitting with his rights and a team full of QBs. Overall I think the concept of luring him here is still out there.

LORK 88
03-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the insight, I find it hard to beleive that people attack a post like this when it isn't farfetched, was told to take it for what its worth, and has an actual source behind it.

HOU-TEX
03-21-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm not saying he is the answer but if they want a vet that knows the system..I think there is a real possibiity that the pick they get through a Carr deal or a trade down could be used to throw at TB for the rights to Plummer to see if he will unretire.(I'm sure there would have to be affirmations to this in order to give up a pick) The whole thing seemed "sour" to me. He wants to come here. Kubes seemed to want him here. He goes to TB. Pissed off he retires and TB is sitting with his rights and a team full of QBs. Overall I think the concept of luring him here is till out there.

That whole ordeal was kind of odd. Personally, I'd use whatever pick we'd receive for Carr and throw it in for the Schaub sweepstakes. I think it's a huge reach, but it's worth a shot. IMO, Atlanta's killing Schaubs football career. I'm not a huge fan of giving up draft picks, but we're going to have to do something in order to get an NFL worthy QB in here.:)

Hulk75
03-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the insight, I find it hard to beleive that people attack a post like this when it isn't farfetched, was told to take it for what its worth, and has an actual source behind it.

And it is the same people everytime, makes me laugh, what was it I said in the 1st post?

dirty steve
03-21-2007, 11:36 AM
his source is as good as any of the other "experts" or "insiders" around here. rarely have i ever seen something that people post as a credible rumor around here come true, other than the blanket "my guy says carr will get traded" or "bush WILL be drafted by the Texans" type stuff. i dont believe it until i see the official release from the team. until then it's all conjecture.

Porky
03-21-2007, 11:38 AM
I would do spit my oatmeal out my nose if they get a 2nd for Carr. He's not worth more than a conditional mid round pick at the very best and that's being generous. On top of that, you have issues with the contract vs. performance. If we can fleece Al like he fleeced CC with Pbuc, I will be one happy camper.

As far as I am concerned they can trade him for a box of crackerjacks even with no suprise inside. I consider getting anything more for him a bonus. It's addition by subtraction in my book.

If he goes there, watching their games should at least provide some comedic relief. It should be funny watching him sack himself on someone else's team and run around like a chicken being chased by a fox in the henhouse.

alphajoker
03-21-2007, 11:43 AM

This is my last post, I am done, I will look in from time to time and see who we pick up but as far as discussions go I am done.

Just to stop anymore of this David Carr stuff and him not comming back and might be traded JUNK that was assummed by the fans and started by the media, I want to say is a flat out lie and not true.

I could go on and on, but to let the cat out of the bag I am VERY close to Carr and HE WILL BE BACK AS THE STARTER next season, they are going to get him a line and a RB. So take it for what you think, if you think I am lying fine but dont be shocked when he is starting next season as well, he is not going anywere, the Players love him, Gary loves him and Mr.McNair loves him.

To quote Steve McKinney, "David Carr cant do this by himself, he is not a one man show."

Beating the Colts and Carr making that play to get them into field possition was GREAT! One of the better moments of being a Texan fan, ranks up there at #2, #1 being the Cowboys game.

Anyways just to kill all this stuff/junk flying around Carr will be back next season as the starter, I dont care what ANY OF YOU hear from the media or read in the papers, cause well they want a story to write about, they want a QB contoversy, they want a Reggie or Vince part 2, I beg you to not buy into it and dont turn into fly by night fans, accept who is on the field and wish them the best. Like they said in the movie Hoosiers..........."I hope you will cheer for who we are not for who we are not."

Anyways I just wanted to say I care about all you guys, I really do pray for all you guys and your families every day, Merry Late Christmas, Happy Birthdays all around, and anything else I missed.

Last thing I believe that Carr is going to take this team to the Playoffs next season, and he will have his best year next year................All I ever wanted for my brother was a chance, with a reall line and some players around him, just a chance to see what he can really do, with guys like Eli, Ben, Rivers, Romo and all the other succesful QBs have in the NFL they all got big time HBs WRs Pro Bowl Lineman and TEs, some even have top rated Defenses, You all saw what he can do when he is upright and DEs dont have their Ears pinned back and he has a running game, Not sacked and No turnovers in games he is 3-0 not bad.

I just wrote this cause I am done and I wanted to let you know he will be back next season as the starter. I did not want another Offseason like last, SO you can BELIEVE ME OR not, But I would lean towards Believeing me, it will make your off season a lot less stressfull!

Anyways thanks everyone and God Bless, have fun and be nice to each other remeber you all want the same thing and that should be to have a winning ball club, just be patient and dont eat each others throats.

Peace, and God Bless.............DC75

Which one do I believe?

Dime
03-21-2007, 11:44 AM
There is no way that we get a 2nd round pick for Carr. The market was set last year when Harrington left Detroit for a 5th. Since Carr probably has a few more "excuses" about his performance, valid or not, he will probably at most fetch a third, but in my opinion, we'll only get an offer for a 4th.

Unfortunately, the teammates are undermining the management by making snide comments about Carr (robinson, ex-moulds, and allegedly Pitts this morning on the radio). This diminishes the value of Carr to others from a public perception standpoint and ultimately will result, to some degree, in lesser of a return via trade. As much as management and the MB would like a 2nd... the actions of recent point to the Texans posturing a possible release and trashing of character in the locker room, and diminishing his trade value.

I understand what you are saying, but I dont think you understand what I am saying. They would not be giving us a Second round for Carr alone, but for Carr (filling their massive need at QB AND CJ) AND CJ. CJ is worth losing a second round imo if you can secure him and satisfy your QB situation. Moss wants someone with quality at QB and has made a lovely blank of himself making it known. This would satisfy everyone and make both teams better. I think they would give up a second to have both positions filled.

Vinny
03-21-2007, 11:46 AM

Teams break film down to form their opinions....they don't base their talent evaluations around popularity contests. Carr's talent is what it is...I can't believe we are making excuses about his trade worth too. What is it about Carr that makes people want to bust into excuses? Unreal stuff.

Maddict5
03-21-2007, 11:46 AM
A little bird tells me.:) Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson.

I agree, Clevelans is falling more and more in love with BQ so im not sure if he will get past them. Im scared if Sage is going to be our started for the entire season next year.

does that mean with the 8th pick of the 2007 draft, Houston selects....

JAMARCUS RUSSELL!!:wild: :yahoo: :drool:

a bit farfetch'd yes but i can dream

ps. we cant get a 2nd rounder for carr because the nfl inserted an al davis senility clause in the CBA last yr...the trade would be voided

SESupergenius
03-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Off topic but this statement cracks me up. Like going into a 6th year with Carr was any less tenuous?..lol

The point of this season is to hold ground while having a guy in training. Sage is a hard worker that helped game plan last year. I like the fit. JMO

So then I shouldn't purchase the NFL ticket this year on Direct TV to watch the Texans since it's a practice year.

All I'm asking for is an upgrade at the QB position, Sage is not it.

Porky
03-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Teams break film down to form their opinions....they don't base their talent evaluations around popularity contests. Carr's talent is what it is...I can't believe we are making excuses about his trade worth too. What is it about Carr that makes people want to bust into excuses? Unreal stuff.

Unless your name is Charley Casserly. :hunter:

Porky
03-21-2007, 11:56 AM
So then I shouldn't purchase the NFL ticket this year on Direct TV to watch the Texans since it's a practice year.

Practice year? I would rather they practice at being good than being perfect at stinking with Carr. I guess you prefer that.

Marcus
03-21-2007, 11:59 AM

Why the hell NOT, SES? With Carr as QB, you pretty much know how things will go based upon the last 5 years. With another QB, including Sage, you don't really know, so why the negative outlook? Your assumption that Sage, or any other QB that Kubes puts in, is going to instantly suck is weak.

Buy the NFL ticket and sit back and relax.

Maddict5
03-21-2007, 12:02 PM

it is now beginning:)

people getting touchy...posters being assigned into homer and hater camps= classic symtoms of a DC thread

David's Busted Carr
If Oakland is offering their 3rd round pick I would take it and RUN, and worry about my QB later. Worst case scenario Sage starts this year and that's not that bad.

AND, if Oakland then takes Johnson at #1 there is a higher probability Quinn or Russell falls to us at #8.

So add the 1st pick of the 3rd round, add our QB of the future, dump Carr!

Sounds like a WIN, WIN, WIN situation to me.

Which is exactly why I think these rumors are false.

Rick Smith would have made that deal in a heartbeat...

Second Honeymoon
My guess is that the Texans are slow playing it, hoping to get the QB situation under control with either a move up, or a trade for a Vet before they deal Carr. But I think that if neither one of those options materialize Carr will still be gone and they'll do something desperate like signing Drew Bledsoe, or trading for a veteran back up...

Just thinking outloud...

wow, a voice of reason and not a bunch of apologists whining and making excuses for Carr's pathetic NFL career.

xtru, that is exactly what is going down

Exithios
03-21-2007, 12:05 PM
wow, a voice of reason and not a bunch of apologists whining and making excuses for Carr's pathetic NFL career.

xtru, that is exactly what is going down

If the O-Line liked Carr... Then they will love Drew "The Statue" Bledsoe!

Second Honeymoon
03-21-2007, 12:08 PM
I understand what you are saying, but I dont think you understand what I am saying. They would not be giving us a Second round for Carr alone, but for Carr (filling their massive need at QB AND CJ) AND CJ. CJ is worth losing a second round imo if you can secure him and satisfy your QB situation. Moss wants someone with quality at QB and has made a lovely blank of himself making it known. This would satisfy everyone and make both teams better. I think they would give up a second to have both positions filled.

do you understand that Oakland has the #1 pick. They can get CJ if they want him. They dont need to give up a 2nd round for him..that is just retarded logic

Maddict5
03-21-2007, 12:09 PM
If Oakland is offering their 3rd round pick I would take it and RUN, and worry about my QB later. Worst case scenario Sage starts this year and that's not that bad.

AND, if Oakland then takes Johnson at #1 there is a higher probability Quinn or Russell falls to us at #8.

So add the 1st pick of the 3rd round, add our QB of the future, dump Carr!

Sounds like a WIN, WIN, WIN situation to me.

Which is exactly why I think these rumors are false.

Rick Smith would have made that deal in a heartbeat...

i wouldnt go that far...personally i think carr is done here and am ok if we can get anything half-decent for him..
however i dont want sage as our only option- i have some faith in sage but what happens if we trade carr, JR and BQ are gone at #8(likely)...we dont get any1 else capable of helping
then sometime next season sage gets hurt and we end up trying to plug BVP, Porter and Journeyman X into our qb spot...
i think we might be hearing more about plummer soon if this trade is legitimate

Second Honeymoon
03-21-2007, 12:09 PM

what have the last 5 years been? some of you carr homers are just pathetic

QB75
03-21-2007, 12:18 PM

...as are all of the Carr haters. But you just don't get it.

HuttoKarl
03-21-2007, 12:23 PM

Anyone get the feeling that we're about to see a Westside Story-like snap fest dance fight?

OldEagle1
03-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Well, at least some of us so called "homers" (which I am really NOT..., btw) are not filled with hate! Hate is whats so pathetic.

Props to QB75.

real
03-21-2007, 12:28 PM

Exactly...

Like it wasn't a problem paying for 2-14 and 6-10 the past two years but if we change QB's you have to think about re-newing your leauge pass...

Again.....5 yrs of losing = not a problem, open check book

Change of QB = No longer supporting the team

Carr over all else should be our motto.

Yeah...that makes perfect sense.

HuttoKarl
03-21-2007, 12:28 PM
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=37045

So...if this rumor comes to fruition and then Carr gets traded to Oakland, who's going to tell Hulk that they were wrong?

This makes Hulk's bird info seem a whole lot more realistic, I reckon.

Second Honeymoon
03-21-2007, 12:29 PM

to the contrary, i do get it. you see, I am not a fan of one player. I am a fan of a team. you are a fan of a very bad football player. one you have been making lame excuses for for over 4 years. once he goes, I sure hope you and your parade of excuses leave with him. and you wont be missed, trust me.

championing the biggest loser QB in the history of the NFL (cant be argued, its a fact) is something that I just dont understand. maybe you like him cause he is cute. maybe you like him because he prays to the same God as you. maybe you like him because you are ignorant. who knows. maybe its all of the above. I just know he needs to go and for all I care you and the rest of the ignorant Carr homers/apologists can go with him. have fun in beautiful oakland.....

Second Honeymoon
03-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Well, at least some of us so called "homers" (which I am really NOT..., btw) are not filled with hate! Hate is whats so pathetic.

Props to QB75.

hate? the only thing I hate is seeing our team lose for 5 years straight. some of you guys just want to bear Carr's child or something...pathetic

Maddict5
03-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Schaub's Here!!!!! Kill This Thread

HoustonFrog
03-21-2007, 12:32 PM

I didn't say "practice year" but sometimes as a fan you have to be realistic.,,I know that is hard for some concerning certain players, etc. The reality is that the NFL is based on making the playoffs. If you want an honest fan opinion I don't think we are making it. I'm hoping for the .500 range. Doesn't mean I cheer any less. I just have realistic expectations.

As far as Sage goes all I have heard is how is came back from his injury and helped game plan. I heard he is great with teammates and knows the system. He looked pretty good in spot duty. There is nothing that leads me to believe he can't handle the duties. Here is what I find funny about all of this talk...if Romo hadn't of played last year and someone said we could have him right now, the rallying cry would be "why would we want a 3rd stringer and career backup." Yet I saw posts after this season that said Dallas could afford to bench Bledsoe, etc because they had Romo. No one knew what he was capable of and he was a career backup. People need to make up their mind...can backups get the shot and play or are people going to say they knew all along when a guy finally gets his shot. You don't know how the guy will do.

Second Honeymoon
03-21-2007, 12:34 PM
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=37045

So...if this rumor comes to fruition and then Carr gets traded to Oakland, who's going to tell Hulk that they were wrong?

This makes Hulk's bird info seem a whole lot more realistic, I reckon.

i dont think anyone is saying Hulk is wrong. if anything, we are agreeing with him. i think Oakland makes the most sense for Carr especially with Calvin Johnson there available at #1. Hulk is just a brother and probably knows as much about football as anyone on this forum, its just he is a little biased with his Carr takes and I can't imagine why :)

it's these homer trolls that are a joke. threatening to cancel your NFL Sunday Ticket because your team makes a move at QB after 5 years of losing football?!?!? I don't know if I was more surprised that he was cancelling his Sunday Ticket or that they had electricity in El Paso.

HoustonFrog
03-21-2007, 12:35 PM

Props to QB75.

The hate argument is so tired when it has been explained ad naseum. Please put it back with your acid washed jeans and parachute shorts.(no offense to those of you still wearing them)

HuttoKarl
03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Hulk...it looks like David will have a new team. Send him my regards and thank him for everything he did for our team including coming in as a rookie and putting his body on the line for us.

Best of luck to David Carr as long as he's not playing against Houston.

Specnatz
03-21-2007, 12:36 PM
to the contrary, i do get it. you see, I am not a fan of one player. I am a fan of a team. you are a fan of a very bad football player. one you have been making lame excuses for for over 4 years. once he goes, I sure hope you and your parade of excuses leave with him. and you wont be missed, trust me.

championing the biggest loser QB in the history of the NFL (cant be argued, its a fact) is something that I just dont understand. maybe you like him cause he is cute. maybe you like him because he prays to the same God as you. maybe you like him because you are ignorant. who knows. maybe its all of the above. I just know he needs to go and for all I care you and the rest of the ignorant Carr homers/apologists can go with him. have fun in beautiful oakland.....

I am just curious but this seems like the only subject you post in, hating on Carr and actually not having anything else to say. Carr sucks, K-thanks we got that. You do not like him, k-thanks we got that (the first 400 times you posted it). You are not a solution oriented person at all. You seriously need to get over it and try and be just a little more civil.

:deadhorse

Second Honeymoon
The hate argument is so tired when it has been explained ad naseum. Please put it back with your acid washed jeans and parachute shorts.(no offense to those of you still wearing them)

hahahahaha

first laugh of the day...

Exithios
i dont think anyone is saying Hulk is wrong. if anything, we are agreeing with him. i think Oakland makes the most sense for Carr especially with Calvin Johnson there available at #1. Hulk is just a brother and probably knows as much about football as anyone on this forum, its just he is a little biased with his Carr takes and I can't imagine why :)

it's these homer trolls that are a joke. threatening to cancel your NFL Sunday Ticket because your team makes a move at QB after 5 years of losing football?!?!? I don't know if I was more surprised that he was cancelling his Sunday Ticket or that they had electricity in El Paso.

LOL, I shot chicken noodle soup out of my nose!

Long Baller
03-21-2007, 12:38 PM
I think Carr to Oakland would be a good move for the Texans. I brought up a scenario in another post about trading Carr to Oakland for Porter if he was still in disfavor from last year. Since then I have heard that the new staff has no problems with Porter so it seems this particular trade would not be possible. One positive to a trade with Oakland is that they would most like chose CJ 1st which means a QB falls. Cleveland could then possibly go QB which then increases the likelyhood that Peterson making it to 8. With Peterson I think we could live with a lesser QB and I would not have a problem giving Sage a shot. I also believe Rattay is a FA and would have no problem seeing what he could do as a stop gap until we actually have a true QB of the future option. I don't have a lot of faith in BQ so I would prefer not going that route.

Second Honeymoon
03-21-2007, 12:39 PM
I am just curious but this seems like the only subject you post in, hating on Carr and actually not having anything else to say. Carr sucks, K-thanks we got that. You do not like him, k-thanks we got that (the first 400 times you posted it). You are not a solution oriented person at all. You seriously need to get over it and try and be just a little more civil.

:deadhorse

if you think its the only topic I post on, then you obviously only read Carr threads...but whatever, Specnatz called me out as being a hater...oh noes

run to the hills

....i wont be losing any sleep

real
03-21-2007, 12:41 PM
If the O-Line liked Carr... Then they will love Drew "The Statue" Bledsoe!

LOL...You don't get it do you ?

It's no longer about who they bring in...

It's merely about getting rid of Carr...

That's why they wen't after their best options first (Plummer, Garcia)...

That didn't work....so there was talk about Trent Green, Damon Huard, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb...freaking Patrick Ramsey and every QB under the sun...

You can't see the writting on the wall ?

It's no coincidence that our name has been mentioned with every QB that's been available, and some that aren't...It's no coincidence that there has been speculation about Quinn, and every other QB behind him...

THEY WANT CARR GONE, WHETHER IT BE FOR P.R. OR HIS PLAY ON THE FIELD......BUT IT'S MOST LIKELY A COMBINATION OF BOTH.

Dime
03-21-2007, 12:42 PM
do you understand that Oakland has the #1 pick. They can get CJ if they want him. They dont need to give up a 2nd round for him..that is just retarded logic

Apparently you cant read posts. Maybe you should try reading an entire post or two before you speak/write. It would help make you look better then you do now. No **** Captain Obvious. The PROBLEM is that they need a QB worse then they need a awesome WR right now, and thier current WR's would hit the fan (which they have round about said) if they dont get some help at the QB position. SO.... This means they have a better chance at taking a QB unless they can get someone to fill the void and take CJ. Read for once before you speak...

Malloy
03-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Where do I pick up the pies, I want to throw stuff too...

SESupergenius
03-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Practice year? I would rather they practice at being good than being perfect at stinking with Carr. I guess you prefer that.

I prefer an upgrade at the postion. I would have been happy with either Plummer or Garcia, but Sage isn't it. He was handed the Jags game and couldn't do squat.

Exithios
03-21-2007, 12:47 PM
LOL...You don't get it do you ?

It's no longer about who they bring in...

It's merely about getting rid of Carr...

That's why they wen't after their best options first (Plummer, Garcia)...

That didn't work, there was talk about Trent Green, Damon Huard, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb...freaking Patrick Ramsey and every QB under the sun...

You can't see the writting on the wall ?

It's no coincidence that our name has been mentioned with every QB that's been available, and some that aren't...It's no coincidence that there has been speculation about Quinn, and every other QB behind him...

THEY WANT CARR GONE, WHETHER IT BE FOR P.R. OR HIS PLAY ON THE FIELD......BUT IT'S MOST LIKELY A COMBINATION OF BOTH.

Wow I didn't mean to get you all excited xtru. If Drew is your answer then more power to you, but he just might be the one starting calibre QB in this league that is worse than Carr at this stage of his career.

SESupergenius
03-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Why the hell NOT, SES? With Carr as QB, you pretty much know how things will go based upon the last 5 years. With another QB, including Sage, you don't really know, so why the negative outlook? Your assumption that Sage, or any other QB that Kubes puts in, is going to instantly suck is weak.

Buy the NFL ticket and sit back and relax.

Oh come now, you know I'm going to get it anyways....even if Casserly was here.

The point was that I really didn't see anything out of Sage that made me go "wow". I just want an upgrade at the postion and thought that Plummer would be a good fit, it's obvious that the coaching staff doesn't want to go the year with Sage at the helm.

threetoedpete
03-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks Hulk for the post. If a trade happens, I hope it works out great for him there. He does have fans here in Houston who appreciate his courage, his toughness, his class and yes even now his leadership for not mouthing off at any of his team mates in the media (unlike #23).

Thanks for the post Hulk. I wish y'all well what ever happens. Has to have been difficult for your family. Houston just loves to hate it's QBs. I truly wish it would have worked out better for everyone.

threetoedpete
03-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Oh come now, you know I'm going to get it anyways....even if Casserly was here.

The point was that I really didn't see anything out of Sage that made me go "wow". I just want an upgrade at the postion and thought that Plummer would be a good fit, it's obvious that the coaching staff doesn't want to go the year with Sage at the helm.

Agreed: Sage, Quinn whoever, will just be the next in a very long list of guys who gets tied to the whipping post in Houston. Real easy to judas goat folks when you have people arguing in here that Salaam and Black are long term answers and high end NFL tallent in here. Said it before , will not be shocked if DC makes it to the super bowl before the Texans.

AggieTexanFan
03-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Well this thread just got a lot more creditable, b/c the texans have traded for Matt Schaub, so this deal will get done soon

diff
03-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Well this thread this got a lot more creditable, b/c the texans have traded for Matt Schaub, so this deal will get done soon

Congrats on Shaub. I wanted him in Oakland.

Second Honeymoon
03-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Agreed: Sage, Quinn whoever, will just be the next in a very long list of guys who gets tied to the whipping post in Houston. Real easy to judas goat folks when you have people arguing in here that Salaam and Black are long term answers and high end NFL tallent in here. Said it before , will not be shocked if DC makes it to the super bowl before the Texans.

DC in the Super Bowl??!!!! hahahhahaha. good one. more like Grey Cup

Hulk75
03-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Which one do I believe?

Believe your mom.:)

TheBestForTheTexans
03-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Well if he does go to Oakland, good luck to him.

I'm not a Carr hater, but I'm certainly tired of hearing everybody complain about him. I think this is best for both sides. Now let's find something else to argue about. What will be next, Sage over Schuab? Schuab makes the line look bad?

dalemurphy
03-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Believe your mom.:)

Hulk, so does this essentially finalize the deal to Oakland? please scoop us!

Tha rizzock
03-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Does anyone no if this is really going to happen now that shaub is there?

austintexanite
03-21-2007, 03:16 PM
I dunno what's going to happen now, but if what you're saying is true, I wish David the best. I truly hope he does succeed because I think he can still play, it just wasn't meant to be here I guess. Good luck

Tha rizzock
03-21-2007, 03:17 PM
well he is a local in Nor cal

4Texans
03-21-2007, 03:33 PM
I hope Oakland give's up their 2nd rounder for Carr.

I want a second round pick this year!!!!

Marcus
03-21-2007, 03:36 PM

If you were Oakland, would you give a 2nd rounder for Carr?

Tha rizzock
03-21-2007, 03:38 PM

your freaking crazy that will never ever happen dude.

4Texans
03-21-2007, 03:39 PM
If you were Oakland, would you give a 2nd rounder for Carr?

For the record. Nope! But there is no telling what Davis will do.

Everytime I think of Carr going to Oakland, I have visions of Jim Plunkett.

Tha rizzock
03-21-2007, 03:42 PM

Everytime I think of Carr going to Oakland, I have visions of Jim Plunkett.

well you shouldnt that was the 80s

Andrew6
03-21-2007, 03:52 PM

Hulk my question is will you still come back here and talk on this site? or after david is gone so are you? Hope to see you back not matter what happens.

4Texans
03-21-2007, 03:54 PM
well you shouldnt that was the 80s

Yes, but a very similar scenario, wouldn't you agree?

Tha rizzock
03-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Yes, but a very similar scenario, wouldn't you agree?

No, plunk wasnt that bad becuse he took a team or two too the playoffs and was a backup for the niners before he went to oakland where he was riding the pine an injury made him step in. Carr would start in oakland and would be there franchise QB.

hadaad
03-21-2007, 04:05 PM

Jerry Jones drafted Quincy Carter in the second. There are some crazy things in this world.

kcwilson
03-21-2007, 04:06 PM

Teams take note of clubhouse situations for sure. If you can't buy into that, then I don't know what to tell you...I don't think video alone tells the whole story, thus the need for palyer interviews. When you hear someone's teammates critique a player's abilities, it carries weight in terms of their leadership and how well a player will fit into the new clubhouse environment.

freedoggy77
03-21-2007, 04:28 PM
carr to oakland, schaub to houston...niiiice

4Texans
03-21-2007, 04:31 PM
No, plunk wasnt that bad becuse he took a team or two too the playoffs and was a backup for the niners before he went to oakland where he was riding the pine an injury made him step in. Carr would start in oakland and would be there franchise QB.

http://www.hickoksports.com/biograph/plunkettjim.shtml

IMO, there are some similarities there....... it would not surprise me to see the Raiders and Carr have some success together.

RaiderInNY
03-21-2007, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the info.

RaiderInNY
03-21-2007, 04:57 PM
So folks, what do you like about David Carr? What dont you like about Carr?

I know he has had a lot on his plate, considering he was the franchises 1st draft pick, and as a QB -- had to take the expansion club on his shoulders. A lot of pressure, plus the beatings he took his intial years here behind a bad OL probably didnt help.

Let a Raider fan know.

Regards,

RaiderInNY

real
03-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Teams take note of clubhouse situations for sure. If you can't buy into that, then I don't know what to tell you...I don't think video alone tells the whole story, thus the need for palyer interviews. When you hear someone's teammates critique a player's abilities, it carries weight in terms of their leadership and how well a player will fit into the new clubhouse environment.

If that player was performing on the field there'd be nothing to "critique"...Not even T.O's teammates come out and say he needs to go and his personality is waaaaaaaaaay more overbearing...BUT He's a beast on the field so as long as he's on the team, the fellas have his back...

Two guys have come out and said David hasn't done enough...and a third did all BUT say it...

So once again it all boils down to....what they do on the field...ding, ding, ding...

I don't understand what your point is...

David is gone because he sucked on the field....It really has nothing to do with how he interacted with his teammates

Vinny
03-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Teams take note of clubhouse situations for sure. If you can't buy into that, then I don't know what to tell you...I don't think video alone tells the whole story, thus the need for palyer interviews. When you hear someone's teammates critique a player's abilities, it carries weight in terms of their leadership and how well a player will fit into the new clubhouse environment.1 TD in non garbage time in the last ten games.....that speaks loud enough.

2BCF
03-21-2007, 05:09 PM

They have to get rid of him because he's held us back for way too many years.

Good Riddance to Carr!

RaiderInNY
03-21-2007, 05:10 PM
They have to get rid of him because he's held us back for way too many years.

Good Riddance to Carr!

Ok, thats one opinion...

Keep 'em coming.

hadaad
03-21-2007, 05:11 PM
1 TD in non garbage time in the last ten games.....that speaks loud enough.

Looking at it today is a lot different than looking at it last week. Last week, I was way more forgiving of it. I guess that's the glory of being presented with options.

I'm starting to warm up to this trade real quick.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-21-2007, 05:21 PM
I'd be surprised if Carr fetched more than a 4-5th rounder. Anything more would be an absolute steal on the Texans part, IMO.

TEXANS84
03-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Ok, thats one opinion...

Keep 'em coming.

Good to see you over here RIN. I'm sure most people are in the Schaub thread at the moment, you'll get some responses soon.

Porky
03-21-2007, 05:25 PM

I know he has had a lot on his plate, considering he was the franchises 1st draft pick, and as a QB -- had to take the expansion club on his shoulders. A lot of pressure, plus the beatings he took his intial years here behind a bad OL probably didnt help.

Let a Raider fan know.

Regards,

RaiderInNY

Plusses -

Good arm, and can make all the throws required of an NFL QB.

Very durable and tough, physical QB. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Underrated athlete with very good running ability, and can pick up a lot of first downs on the move.

Throws well when using designed rollouts and other situations where he is on the move.

When a play is executed as designed, can usually do a decent job and deliver the ball on target.

Negatives -

Tends to lock in on one target. He usually looks to WR#1, and if he is not immediately open, then instantly checks down to his RB or other safety valve.

Has trouble reading defenses and coverages, and has been espeically bad against cover 2 defenses

Does not feel pressure well, and doesn't do a good job of sliding and moving within the pocket.

If his protection breaks down early, it's over, as he cannot improvise and make the throw, almost always either taking a sack or takes off running, rather than trying to slide and find a secondary target who may have flashed open.

Very skittish in the pocket and seems to feel pressure that is not there at times. Looks like a nervous nelly wondering where the next hit is coming from.

Not much of a leader. More of a follower type. Quiet, unassuming nice guy may be miscast in the wrong role.

Not a student of the game, nor truly dedicated like the greats of the game are. Family is #1, and football second.

Not very cerebal for the QB position, and doesn't have good instincts at the position.

Has a somewhat mechanical feel about him, as if he is overcoached. He does not look natural in his play or in the pocket.

Along with that, does not sell the play fake very well, and it is easily diagnosed by opposing teams imo.

Conclusion - Has all of the physical tools you are looking for and little else. His problems are in the intangibles/mental/intangibles part of the game, along with poor overall instincts. If he can somehow turn into a real leader and get the mental part to catch up to the physical part, he could still be a decent to good QB. In his current state, he (imo) is in the bottom 2-3 of all NFL starters.

texanskan
03-21-2007, 05:25 PM

Let a Raider fan know.

Regards,

RaiderInNY

two words, happy feet

I also don't understand why after 5 years he can't stop locking in on his first option even when it's clearly not there for him.

You got to love his arm and mobility, only Vick and VY have better legs and Carr has a huge arm.

He is a nice guy and I hope it works out for him

keyfro
03-21-2007, 05:31 PM
wow i'm glad some of ya'll are not in charge of selling carr to other teams...cause ya'll would be horrible at it

i mean the trade to oakland makes a lot of sense for both carr and the raiders

it would be a homecoming for carr and he wouldn't have to hear anymore about how the team he's playing for passed on vince young

the raiders typically like more veteran QB's than young rookies

they still don't really know what they have in andrew walter and this move would give them more time to find out...plus with carr's mobility he's better suited to move around instead of staying in the pocket which is probably something they're going to have to do

and this trade allows them to select calvin johnson...a freak of an athlete that al davis loves and would be the perfect match to randy moss if he's still there and if not he's the perfect replacement

Tha rizzock
03-21-2007, 05:36 PM
http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=10

- With reports coming out of Houston that the Texans are likely to trade a 2nd round pick for QB Matt Schaub of the Atlanta Falcons; we're hearing that if this deal happens David Carr will be traded to the Oakland Raiders for their fourth-round pick.

RaiderInNY
03-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I'd be surprised if Carr fetched more than a 4-5th rounder. Anything more would be an absolute steal on the Texans part, IMO. WOW -- I wouldnt mind giving up a 4th or 5th rounder for him. Especially with the current state of the Oakland QB. Andrew Walter and.....

Good to see you over here RIN. I'm sure most people are in the Schaub thread at the moment, you'll get some responses soon.
Thanks, nice boards here!

I appreciate the welcome.

Tha rizzock
03-21-2007, 05:40 PM
WOW -- I wouldnt mind giving up a 4th or 5th rounder for him. Especially with the current state of the Oakland QB. Andrew Walter and.....

whats up vic ive been a member here for a while

Tailgate
03-21-2007, 06:46 PM
WOW -- I wouldnt mind giving up a 4th or 5th rounder for him. Especially with the current state of the Oakland QB. Andrew Walter and.....

A 4th would be good for you guys. I think Carr may have something to prove with a fresh start. Who knows, it may pan out. I have always put alot of the blame on our line.

texas mopar
03-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Ok, thats one opinion...

Keep 'em coming.

There are alot of Carr haters on here, IMO he has had a below avg. o-line at best every year in the NFL and a poor running game. These stuff has made it easy for opposing Defenses to tee off on him. Giving the right team he will do fine. There will prob. be some these same posters calling for Matt head next year it's easy to be critical of players . Thats my take on it!!!!

RaiderInNY
03-21-2007, 07:01 PM
There are alot of Carr haters on here, IMO he has had a below avg. o-line at best every year in the NFL and a poor running game. These stuff has made it easy for opposing Defenses to tee off on him. Giving the right team he will do fine. There will prob. be some these same posters calling for Matt head next year it's easy to be critical of players . Thats my take on it!!!!

That is the nature of the beast.

Fans will complain, whine and stay un-happy about any facet of any particular player, kill 'em while they are down and its all about 'who is the flavor of the month'. It happens everywhere, on every board etc.

I know he has had some horrid OL's and inconsistent rush attack. But I do find some of the critique valid and justifiable.

RaiderInNY
03-21-2007, 07:02 PM
A 4th would be good for you guys. I think Carr may have something to prove with a fresh start. Who knows, it may pan out. I have always put alot of the blame on our line.

Our OL this past season, was as bad as the Texans inagural year. That was the year he got murdered correct? When Houston allowed the most sacks in the NFL?

Trap_Star
03-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Our OL this past season, was as bad as the Texans inagural year. That was the year he got murdered correct? When Houston allowed the most sacks in the NFL?

correct...

swtbound07
03-21-2007, 07:05 PM

Yeah, thats the year. Carr...doesn't fare well under pressure. Thats probably the nicest way to put it. Protect him, maybe he's good maybe he's not...we don't know. How do you as a raiders fan feel about the proposed moss for carr rumors?

kcwilson
03-21-2007, 07:16 PM
1 TD in non garbage time in the last ten games.....that speaks loud enough.

II understand your point as it relates to Carr, yes it does... but you can't use Carr as the sole example. In some cases, a guy that performs well and had a negative rep is also viewed cautiously and causes others to stay away, like T.O.... it makes some people stay away from him.

There might be some out there that have some hope that Carr in a new system works... in fact, arguably, the sucker that takes him off our hands for a 4th round pick will be the "said sucker". They must believe in some kind of upside, but how someone is in the clubhouse does affect viewpoints as well.

thunderkyss
03-21-2007, 07:33 PM

I understand brother... let it all out. It's okay to cry, real men cry. I feel your pain.

Seriously, I was like you once. I saw sparks of greatness the first two years, and couldn't believe some Houston Fans already wanted David gone.

I once honestly felt that it would be in David's best interest, to go to another team, and play for someone who wants him to succeed.

At that time, I was a casual fan. I didn't know a good QB from a bad QB 'till ESPN told me what I was looking at.

After watching some of the posters on this board, "listening" to their critique of David, and watching him play, I've come to the conclusion, that they're right, and David is not a good QB.

It doesn't matter what he can be. It doesn't matter why he isn't a good QB right now.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter.

It is past time for us to see good play from the QB position in Houston.

Maybe David needs just one more year to put it all together. Maybe he needs two more. Maybe three.

But the fact is, judging by his play in the month of December, he is not ready to compete in the NFL. IF he's on the field, it will be part of his development, and we'd hope for the best, that the rest of the team can carry him.

You're right, we haven't kept up our part of the bargain. We haven't made David a successful QB. You're right, the honorable thing to do, would be to keep David on the team, and continue to develop him as an NFL QB. It would be nice, if we could be the only honorable team in the NFL. And who knows, maybe the Texans will do that.

BattleRedToro
03-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Hulk75, please give my regards to your brother. I'm sorry he ever had to play a down behind this O-Line. He has been nothing but a class act. Taking full responsibility for the Texans's loss. If he ends up on Oakland, I will laugh my @$$ off when he lights up Dunta's @$$ for TD.

swtbound07
03-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Hulk75, please give my regards to your brother. I'm sorry he ever had to play a down behind this O-Line. He has been nothing but a class act. Taking full responsibility for the Texans's loss. If he ends up on Oakland, I will laugh my @$$ off when he lights up Dunta's @$$ for TD.

10 pounds of whatever THIS guy is smoking would fix you up better...way to cheer for your team to get beaten by an x team member...battleredtoro indeed.

BattleRedToro
03-21-2007, 07:44 PM
At that time, I was a casual fan. I didn't know a good QB from a bad QB 'till ESPN told me what I was looking at.

Problem #1) Forming your standards based on ESPN's opinions.

After watching some of the posters on this board, "listening" to their critique of David, and watching him play, I've come to the conclusion, that they're right, and David is not a good QB.

Problem #2) Forming your standards based on the opinions of other casual fans.

But the fact is, judging by his play in the month of December, he is not ready to compete in the NFL.

Problem#3) Concluding that a player can't compete in the NFL, just because he is on a team that can't compete in the NFL.

TexansFanatic
03-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Problem#3) Concluding that a player can't compete in the NFL, just because he is on a team that can't compete in the NFL.

Seems to me the Texans beat the Raiders and had -5 yards passing.....

QB75
03-21-2007, 07:51 PM
I'd be surprised if Carr fetched more than a 4-5th rounder. Anything more would be an absolute steal on the Texans part, IMO.

Then rest assured, you will be surprised.

BattleRedToro
Seems to me the Texans beat the Raiders and had -5 yards passing.....

Net passing yards. And beating Oakland last year wasn't much of an accomplishment they only won 2 games.

Dime

Let a Raider fan know.

Regards,

RaiderInNY

Ok... here is the deal.

I think Carr honestly can become a good QB, but he has a loss of confidence here in coachs, players, and fans. He also, if he has time, plays VERY well. The problem is that if he is rushed, this is where he runs into problems. I think being on this team, he hears footsteps or he has 'memories' of being pounded, something I feel that would disappear a bit on another team. He has alot to overcome but I dont think it cannot overcome it with a change of venue. I honestly believe with confidence of a team, and city AND being in a different house, I think he will be a very good QB. Just the year with Kub helped him because the former 4 years were not fair to David. He wasnt given a chance, wasnt given a mentor, and wasnt held accountable till Kub came here. He will need work, but he isnt hopeless.

thunderkyss
03-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Problem #1) Forming your standards based on ESPN's opinions.

Problem #2) Forming your standards based on the opinions of other casual fans.

We beat the SuperBowl Champs..... we were the last team to beat the Superbowl champs... without a QB. What do you mean we aren't ready to compete??

Hey, whatever happened to the, "whatever Kubiak decides" attitude you had when he extended Carr's contract??

Maybe Gary Kubiak knows a thing or two about QBs.

And you don't.

thunderkyss
03-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Net passing yards. And beating Oakland last year wasn't much of an accomplishment they only won 2 games.

-5 net passing yards, meaning David got outplayed by Aaron Brooks. Aaron Brooks got cut from the Raiders... The Raiders are thinking of replacing Aaron Brooks with David Carr.

Priceless.

texas mopar
03-21-2007, 08:00 PM
I understand brother... let it all out. It's okay to cry, real men cry. I feel your pain.

Seriously, I was like you once. I saw sparks of greatness the first two years, and couldn't believe some Houston Fans already wanted David gone.

I once honestly felt that it would be in David's best interest, to go to another team, and play for someone who wants him to succeed.

It doesn't matter what he can be. It doesn't matter why he isn't a good QB right now.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter.

It is past time for us to see good play from the QB position in Houston.

Maybe David needs just one more year to put it all together. Maybe he needs two more. Maybe three.

But the fact is, judging by his play in the month of December, he is not ready to compete in the NFL. IF he's on the field, it will be part of his development, and we'd hope for the best, that the rest of the team can carry him.

You're right, we haven't kept up our part of the bargain. We haven't made David a successful QB. You're right, the honorable thing to do, would be to keep David on the team, and continue to develop him as an NFL QB. It would be nice, if we could be the only honorable team in the NFL. And who knows, maybe the Texans will do that.

Does anybody remember Jeff Garcia in Cleveland, everybody said he was a bust. All of sudden he's on a good team and now we need him because he is great. I just don't see thing that way QB is a part of the team and is only as good as his team around him, DC is no different IMO .

BattleRedToro
03-21-2007, 08:01 PM
-5 net passing yards, meaning David got outplayed by Aaron Brooks. Aaron Brooks got cut from the Raiders... The Raiders are thinking of replacing Aaron Brooks with David Carr.

Priceless.

No, -5 net passing yards means the Texans O-line got outplayed by the Raiders D-Line. Still not understanding football but spouting off like you do.

Priceless.

BattleRedToro
03-21-2007, 08:10 PM
We beat the SuperBowl Champs..... we were the last team to beat the Superbowl champs... without a QB. What do you mean we aren't ready to compete??

Hey, whatever happened to the, "whatever Kubiak decides" attitude you had when he extended Carr's contract??

Maybe Gary Kubiak knows a thing or two about QBs.

And you don't.

I never said whatever Kubaik decides. You must be mistaking me for someone else. As far as Kubiak knowing a thing or 2 about QB's, he also said confidently that he was going to make Carr successful, remember.

"I'll find a way to make him successful because it's in him," Kubiak said. "I'm a David Carr fan. I like the skills he has. There is no reason that David shouldn't be a successful quarterback."

Hookem Horns
03-21-2007, 08:24 PM
"I'll find a way to make him successful because it's in him," Kubiak said. "I'm a David Carr fan. I like the skills he has. There is no reason that David shouldn't be a successful quarterback."

That was before he had to sit through the torture of watching him week in and week out. More than one of us knew he would change his tune after 1 season.

BTW, why are you being so hard on Dunta? At least the guy has the balls to stand up and say what others have been wanting to say for a long time. Props to him.

Doug
03-21-2007, 08:26 PM
I've seen several people mention, not just in this thread, Carr going to the Raiders as a good thing, or a good fit, or a great place for him to be and I just don't understand. They allowed like almost 30 more sacks than Houston did... I know that they have a few weapons (Dominic Rhodes, Porter, Moss, and possibly Calvin Johnson) there but with the oline how do you not see Carr in a similar situation as he was here in Houston? I thought the biggest gripe of all the Carr supporters was the oline.......

(I'm being serious with my comments no sarcasm intended and I would appreciate none in return. I would seriously like to understand why some people feel he'll benefit more in Oakland.)

Spled
Props for throwing a teammate under the bus?

Doug
Sorry folks/mods....I accidentally posted the same thing twice.

BattleRedToro
03-21-2007, 08:28 PM
That was before he had to sit through the torture of watching him week in and week out. More than one of us knew he would change his tune after 1 season.

BTW, why are you being so hard on Dunta? At least the guy has the balls to stand up and say what others have been wanting to say for a long time. Props to him.

I don't give props to anyone that throws their teammate under the bus. That is uncalled for and something that Carr has never done. Also Dunta's @$$ was burned far too often last year for him to be talking bad about anyone else's play. He should be more concerned with improving his play instead of assigning blame for the TEAM's struggles.

TexansSeminole
03-21-2007, 08:29 PM
I've seen several people mention, not just in this thread, Carr going to the Raiders as a good thing, or a good fit, or a great place for him to be and I just don't understand. They allowed like almost 30 more sacks than Houston did... I know that they have a few weapons (Dominic Rhodes, Porter, Moss, and possibly Calvin Johnson) there but with the oline how do you not see Carr in a similar situation as he was here in Houston? I thought the biggest gripe of all the Carr supporters was the oline.......

(I'm being serious with my comments no sarcasm intended and I would appreciate none in return. I would seriously like to understand why some people feel he'll benefit better in Oakland.)

People say that because it is a good fit for us (Carr is gone) and we hopefully get another draft choice or a helpful player.

thunderkyss
03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
No, -5 net passing yards means the Texans O-line got outplayed by the Raiders D-Line. Still not understanding football but spouting off like you do.

Priceless.

Oh the irony.

thunderkyss
03-21-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't give props to anyone that throws their teammate under the bus. That is uncalled for and something that Carr has never done. Also Dunta's @$$ was burned far too often last year for him to be talking bad about anyone else's play. He should be more concerned with improving his play instead of assigning blame for the TEAM's struggles.

I don't know. That defense (that Dunta is on) kept giving the offense the ball with an opportunity to cut a lead(didn't happen), gain a lead(didn't happen) extend a lead(didn't happen).

TEXANRED
03-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh the irony.

The irony is they gave us PBuc and we give them Carr.

I would like a second and third please.

Doug
03-21-2007, 08:41 PM
People say that because it is a good fit for us (Carr is gone) and we hopefully get another draft choice or a helpful player.

Actually, I was referring to several of the Carr supporters who have stated what I previously referenced. Not trying to be rude but after a long while of the same thing you really get a feel for who is who when it comes to supporters and those who aren't.

Heath Shuler
03-21-2007, 09:07 PM
I didn't cheer my team to get beaten, only that Dunta get beaten for a TD, and tell me what is the difference between that and your dumb@$$ wearing a Vince Young jersey in your former avatar. I guess it is ok for a large number of people at Reliant Stadium to jump for joy as Vince Young runs for a game winning TD but it isn't ok for me to want to see Dunta eat his words while at the same time have the Texans win.

That is extremely fine line you are able to walk.

Heath Shuler
03-21-2007, 09:10 PM

Priceless.

Do you honestly believe that?

NFLforher
03-21-2007, 09:11 PM
That is extremely fine line you are able to walk.

Some have what it takes. :winky:

BattleRedToro
03-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Do you honestly believe that?

Yes I do. The Texans O-line sucks and poor Matt Schaub will soon find out, unless the Texans do more to rectify it then just signing Jordan Black.

BattleRedToro
03-21-2007, 09:15 PM
As for Carr possibly going to Oakland, hopefully for his sake they improve their O-line as well or else he is in for the same-old, same-old.

tex
03-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't know. That defense (that Dunta is on) kept giving the offense the ball with an opportunity to cut a lead(didn't happen), gain a lead(didn't happen) extend a lead(didn't happen).

I don't think he was talking about the defense he said Dunta.Kind of like people talking about DC and not the offense.

Tha rizzock
03-21-2007, 10:04 PM
supposedly is a 4th for carr or he gets cut

kastofsna
03-21-2007, 10:19 PM

(I'm being serious with my comments no sarcasm intended and I would appreciate none in return. I would seriously like to understand why some people feel he'll benefit more in Oakland.)
yeah, their line isn't good. but....they'll try to fix it, i bet.

swtbound07
03-21-2007, 10:27 PM

Guess what. Dunta's a texan and your throwing him under the bus wanting another team to score touchdowns on him. You should be concerned with supporting the texans...obviously your more concerned with being in the david carr support network. thats cool...go give him a man hug or something. you were probably one of those swell people cheering for us to lose the san francisco game so we could draft reggie. It will be a great day for these boards when all the carr fans leave and only the texans (and occasional dolphin) fans remain

El Amigo Invisible
03-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Yes I do. The Texans O-line sucks and poor Matt Schaub will soon find out, unless the Texans do more to rectify it then just signing Jordan Black.

Amen!

keyfro
03-21-2007, 10:42 PM
adam schefter reports that the teams interested in carr is detriot, minn, cleveland, and miami...no mention of oakland...he also went on to say that it's more likely that carr will simply be released...this is all via NFL network

RaiderInNY
03-21-2007, 10:43 PM
If anyone is interested, feel free to sign up and comment;

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/raiderfans-net-exclusive-content/99252-carr-oakland.html

Mightymike
03-21-2007, 10:44 PM
adam schefter reports that the teams interested in carr is detriot, minn, cleveland, and miami...no mention of oakland...he also went on to say that it's more likely that carr will simply be released...this is all via NFL network

was this today?

GuerillaBlack
03-21-2007, 10:55 PM
If anyone is interested, feel free to sign up and comment;

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/raiderfans-net-exclusive-content/99252-carr-oakland.html

They really want him over there. The thread title is: A Match Made in Heaven: Drive the Carr to Oakland.

texas mopar
03-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Guess what. Dunta's a texan and your throwing him under the bus wanting another team to score touchdowns on him. You should be concerned with supporting the texans...obviously your more concerned with being in the david carr support network. thats cool...go give him a man hug or something. you were probably one of those swell people cheering for us to lose the san francisco game so we could draft reggie. It will be a great day for these boards when all the carr fans leave and only the texans (and occasional dolphin) fans remain

The problem I have is DROB is part of the team that less say played poorly!!! And he's pointing out other players , Had Demeco said it would have been better ,but something tells me he has alot more class than that. If a player has a problem with a teammate it sould be taken care of in house. Going on the media and saying things like he said, makes me wonder what kind of team player he really is. I like DROB but now I have to wonder if he is going to have issues with other teammates if we don't start winning! The real pros know how to handle themselves. I can't imagne Jerry Rice bad talking someone on his team, thats why I've said alone that we need to build a team first then upgrade the QB . And yes I'm a real Texan fan and I think we just wasted some really good draft picks because some fans want change at the QB position no matter what the cost. They are the ones who are not real Texan fans,they just want to right. No matter what it cost this team!!! Possibly AP and I think a very good center Kaili, that would have done wonders for our off. now all we got is a back-up QB that we all hope pans out are we are going to look really bad. If AP ends up at Atlanta and so does Kaili they will laughing for years to come.

RaiderInNY
03-21-2007, 11:04 PM
They really want him over there. The thread title is: A Match Made in Heaven: Drive the Carr to Oakland.

No, its --

Carr to Oakland -- A Match Made in Heaven?

tsip
03-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Ok... here is the deal.

I think Carr honestly can become a good QB, but he has a loss of confidence here in coachs, players, and fans. He also, if he has time, plays VERY well. The problem is that if he is rushed, this is where he runs into problems. I think being on this team, he hears footsteps or he has 'memories' of being pounded, something I feel that would disappear a bit on another team. He has alot to overcome but I dont think it cannot overcome it with a change of venue. I honestly believe with confidence of a team, and city AND being in a different house, I think he will be a very good QB. Just the year with Kub helped him because the former 4 years were not fair to David. He wasnt given a chance, wasnt given a mentor, and wasnt held accountable till Kub came here. He will need work, but he isnt hopeless.

JMO, don't count on NFL Football suddenly changing if Carr goes to another team. I know his fans expect him to flourish in a 'user friendly' environment but that doesn't exist in today's pro football. Last year, Brady had to make do with a 'patch work' rec corp and still got his team within 1 game of the SB--Manning lost his all-pro RB but made adjustments and got his first SB ring.

Carr's next NFL 'stop' will probably be a 'rude' awakening-no other team is going to 'baby sit' Carr like he's been done in Houston. I honestly believe David's 'rabid' fan base did him an in justice by making excuses for his failures, instead of expecting/demanding 'greatness' (or something similar) from him.

JMO, but constantly accepting his poor results by saying-for example-that even Manning or Brady would get the same results was a 'low' blow and certainly did not encourage Carr to do better. Those 2 players are self-motivated and believe they can make a 'difference.' Unfortunately, David does not think that way. Carr fed off the fan's excuses for his performance as a 'comfort zone,' never reaching a point where he felt threaten to do a better job.

In other words, you don't tell people like Manning and Brady they 'can't' do something and you don't 'coddle' them with excuses for losses, as they are all about winning. If the team loses-but they played great-it doesn't matter. Likewise, if the team wins-but their play wasn't that great-it doesn't matter. It's called 'whatever' it takes to win.'

Carr is not 'driven' to win and that is not something that can be trained or 'bought' at the store, either you have it or you don't. I'm not saying 'all' has been perfect for David in Houston but he has had a long 'leash.' Hopefully, he can suddenly acquire 'it' from within and 'raise' his play on the field instead of accepting the 'excuses' around him....JMO, but his next team is not going to wait very long for the 'wins' to come...

dirty steve
03-21-2007, 11:21 PM
i would comment but i am shell shocked by all the animated sigs. looks REAL tacky.

BattleRedToro
03-21-2007, 11:41 PM

Hey moron, Dunta isn't my teammate. I'm a fan. I can't throw anyone under the bus.

BattleRedToro
03-21-2007, 11:59 PM
JMO, don't count on NFL Football suddenly changing if Carr goes to another team. I know his fans expect him to flourish in a 'user friendly' environment but that doesn't exist in today's pro football. Last year, Brady had to make do with a 'patch work' rec corp and still got his team within 1 game of the SB--Manning lost his all-pro RB but made adjustments and got his first SB ring.

Brady had a 'patch work' recieving corps while Carr had a 'patch work' O-line. It is alot easier to play with bad recievers then a bad O-line.

Carr's next NFL 'stop' will probably be a 'rude' awakening-no other team is going to 'baby sit' Carr like he's been done in Houston. I honestly believe David's 'rabid' fan base did him an in justice by making excuses for his failures, instead of expecting/demanding 'greatness' (or something similar) from him.

JMO, but constantly accepting his poor results by saying-for example-that even Manning or Brady would get the same results was a 'low' blow and certainly did not encourage Carr to do better. Those 2 players are self-motivated and believe they can make a 'difference.'

You are delusional if you think your demanding greatness in a player serves as any kind of motivation for a player, and if you think being pummeled relentlessly for 5 years is being 'baby sat' then I fear for any children that you would 'baby sit'.

Unfortunately, David does not think that way. Carr fed off the fan's excuses for his performance as a 'comfort zone,' never reaching a point where he felt threaten to do a better job.

In other words, you don't tell people like Manning and Brady they 'can't' do something and you don't 'coddle' them with excuses for losses, as they are all about winning. If the team loses-but they played great-it doesn't matter. Likewise, if the team wins-but their play wasn't that great-it doesn't matter. It's called 'whatever' it takes to win.'

Carr is not 'driven' to win and that is not something that can be trained or 'bought' at the store, either you have it or you don't. I'm not saying 'all' has been perfect for David in Houston but he has had a long 'leash.' Hopefully, he can suddenly acquire 'it' from within and 'raise' his play on the field instead of accepting the 'excuses' around him....JMO, but his next team is not going to wait very long for the 'wins' to come...

This part is 100% unsubstantiated opinion on your part because there is no way that you know how David thinks.

Napa Auto Parts
03-22-2007, 12:01 AM
WoW David to oakland if he tought our line was Bad i feel sorry for him.:joker:

Specnatz
03-22-2007, 01:02 AM

Best sig ever!!