PDA

View Full Version : 3-13

texansfan4life
03-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Hello, Die hard texan fan here. The texans are making alot of mistakes. First they take A. Green then they get these over the hill linebackers. Please!!!! Lets take a look,Green for instance, at thirty most running backs are on the decline. How much of a differance you really truely think he'll make ? (none).The packers are right on him. So don't get your hopes to high. Texans fans. Let go to the secondary for a minute.C.C. brown D faggins. are merely 2nd string players. We have so much money tied up in our defensive line that they can't be replace. 3 number ones on the d-line and i think neither got 6 sacks or more. The owner Bob Mcnair has given his keys to a gm that has not tender a full back high enough to even get a second round pick from the giants if they lose Vonta Leach. Rick, you blew that tender on leach and if you go match that offer now.You will truly show me that you made a bone head move givin him to lowest tender. History on leach un drafted freegent 3 years in the league. Bone head move. Jamal Cook will fumble the ball this year. I do remember that giant game. Jamal. The moves this off season has'nt been good moves. They have been let down moves so far. I just don't see brighter future. I got ask a ? if iam 21 points behind and d. carr my qb. in the 4th qtr. will he win the game? Without bleaking an eye i had to say no he would'nt. Vy yes carr no. bush maybe. adrain peterson a dream. Point is in odrer to be a success in the national football league. you need. Playmakers. Period texans have none,and green will not be that at running back awww i forgot about dayne. can he go 60 yards when we need him.NO, we will pic in the top 5 next year. So let get ready. save my post look back on it. I hope iam wrong. But i have been right when it comes to ours texans . Hey david get out of your fetal position and look down field dre was wide open.

dirty steve
03-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Hello, Die hard texan fan here. The texans are making alot of mistakes. First they take A. Green then they get these over the hill linebackers. Please!!!! Lets take a look,Green for instance, at thirty most running backs are on the decline. How much of a differance you really truely think he'll make ? (none).The packers are right on him. So don't get your hopes to high. Texans fans. Let go to the secondary for a minute.C.C. brown D faggins. are merely 2nd string players. We have so much money tied up in our defensive line that they can't be replace. 3 number ones on the d-line and i think neither got 6 sacks or more. The owner Bob Mcnair has given his keys to a gm that has not tender a full back high enough to even get a second round pick from the giants if they lose Vonta Leach. Rick, you blew that tender on leach and if you go match that offer now.You will truly show me that you made a bone head move givin him to lowest tender. History on leach un drafted freegent 3 years in the league. Bone head move. Jamal Cook will fumble the ball this year. I do remember that giant game. Jamal. The moves this off season has'nt been good moves. They have been let down moves so far. I just don't see brighter future. I got ask a ? if iam 21 points behind and d. carr my qb. in the 4th qtr. will he win the game? Without bleaking an eye i had to say no he would'nt. Vy yes carr no. bush maybe. adrain peterson a dream. Point is in odrer to be a success in the national football league. you need. Playmakers. Period texans have none,and green will not be that at running back awww i forgot about dayne. can he go 60 yards when we need him.NO, we will pic in the top 5 next year. So let get ready. save my post look back on it. I hope iam wrong. But i have been right when it comes to ours texans . Hey david get out of your fetal position and look down field dre was wide open.
insightful, well punctuated, thought out...mostly the same stuff we always see around here. nice try.

TexansCanes
03-20-2007, 06:40 PM

I've got a question, how many times do teams come back after being down 21 points in the 4th quarter? I know the Titans did it but that wasn't all because of VY and i wouldn't count on that happening very much. Yeah the moves havn't been great but we didn't have much room to make improvements this year, and like every year i'm optimistic and think the future looks bright.

Navy_Chris
03-20-2007, 06:42 PM
I've got a question, how many times do teams come back from being down 21 points in the 4th quarter? Yeah the moves havn't been great but we didn't have much room to make improvements this year, and like every year i'm optimistic and think the future looks bright.

I'd like to see the Texans play more man to man on the corners. I know a lot of teams play a Cover 2, but I still would like to see Dunta match up one on one with some of the elite WRs in the league. I'd also like to see more blitzing from guys like Ryans. Thoughts?

Vinny
03-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Hello, Die hard texan fan here. The texans are making alot of mistakes. First they take A. Green then they get these over the hill linebackers. Please!!!! Lets take a look,Green for instance, at thirty most running backs are on the decline. How much of a differance you really truely think he'll make ? (none).

We signed a bunch of old guys this year. Seems to me that the team didn't like the make up of the clubhouse and went and got some vet players who can provide some leadership. Too many of our players have big huge smiles on their faces after we lose each game...I think we are trying to get the losing mentality out of this place...it stinks. Some of these guys have been here for a while and are used to losing and used to accepting losses. Bad teams like us tend to rebuild with youth, but when you watch them bring in old guy after old guy you gotta put 2 and 2 together and face the fact that we need some veteran leadership and depth in order to compete in this league.

HuttoKarl
03-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Our offseason has been all about signing solid depth, which was a problem for us last season. We've added some players who will contribute for a very low price tag while we build the core of the team thru the draft.

Going from 2-14 to a playoff contender isn't going to happen in one offseason.

amazingandre
03-20-2007, 06:51 PM
I'd like to see the Texans play more man to man on the corners. I know a lot of teams play a Cover 2, but I still would like to see Dunta match up one on one with some of the elite WRs in the league. I'd also like to see more blitzing from guys like Ryans. Thoughts?

i agree....if we feel dunta is so good why not have him man up on the number one receiver?????isnt that the way to go? best on best? plus ryans does need to blitz more often....not a lot just a little nit, that way we can fake him a few times and throw off the oline......i think we still need a fs and cb.....and i agree with the whole thing about our dlinemen....but i think the vy was just a reach on how bad u like him?????not navy....but the thread starter.......i mean didnt there defense win them games late in the 4 when young was doing terrible?????just a thought...plus he lost the ravens game i believe so he isnt almighty vince.......he's just a qb on an opposing teams that we dont notice his mistakes like we do carr......

htownfoozball
03-20-2007, 07:01 PM
we won 6 games this year and played pretty crappy. what makes you think we'll lose more games next year when he actually have a RB, a more expierenced mario and demeco, and another solid draft now that casserly is gone?

baba ganoush
03-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Going from 2-14 to a playoff contender isn't going to happen in one offseason.

It did for the saints

Please_Evolve
03-20-2007, 11:36 PM
It did for the saints

Different team and situation.

Saints under Haslett always had talent just underacheived and had inconsistent QB play. Drew Brees made the world of difference there. Reggie was an after thought when that team signed him....they had signed Bennett to help split the load with McAlister beforehand.

They also made some big gambles as well that paid off. Trading away Stallworth to the Eagles for LB help. Letting LeBentley go. Counting on Brees shoulder to be ready. A few others as well. Sure it is a nice Cinderalla story and i was rooting for the team and the city after everything that transpired. But looking at it a lot of that was luck with things falling in place... i mean...who would've seen Marques Colston not only making the team but being an impact player drafted out of Hofstra at the tail end of the draft. Seriously.

Also helps playing in a division with 3 teams that seemed to struggle to find their identity last year.

Vinny you hit the nail on the head. I'd also like to add to that post not only are they used to losing. I think they don't know how to win. The vets bring brought in know how to win and know what it takes to win.

Ole Miss Texan
03-21-2007, 12:35 AM
We signed a bunch of old guys this year. Seems to me that the team didn't like the make up of the clubhouse and went and got some vet players who can provide some leadership. Too many of our players have big huge smiles on their faces after we lose each game...I think we are trying to get the losing mentality out of this place...it stinks. Some of these guys have been here for a while and are used to losing and used to accepting losses. Bad teams like us tend to rebuild with youth, but when you watch them bring in old guy after old guy you gotta put 2 and 2 together and face the fact that we need some veteran leadership and depth in order to compete in this league.

Right on... We are really rebuilding the team through the draft. These 'old' guys do have experience and leadership that will help the younguns. Not every player we sign in FA are going to be 25 years old, in their prime and pro bowlers. These guys are here to help shape the team and where we are going..they are only meant for a few years while we address the various positions untill we finally get our team built.

I like the signing of pretty much all the FA's we've got so far..we just need leach. good job on Green, Dayne, Black, Zgonina sp?, Clark, Barber.. especially with limited cap space.

Honestly....what more could we really ask for!? People need to get off their dreams of us signing Freeny, Cato June, Clements, all in this offseason for it to mean they're doing a good job w/ this team.

LORK 88
03-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Instead of criticizing everything you feel is wrong, answer me this: is our team right now (including who we draft in a month) better off or worse off than it was at the beginning last season ? If you answer worse off, something is wrong with you. We have taken positive steps in the right direction. Green is better than any RB on our roster last year, Black is an immediate starter on our O Line at any of the 4 positions, and Barber and Clark are a much better duo than Orr. And who did we lose? Moulds, Wiegert, Payne? Do we seriously need to remind you what Casserly did? The fact that you have to stoop so low as to saying the biggest bonehead move our GM has done to date is mis-tendering a street FA pickup who was a huge help this season (don't forget RICK SMITH is the person who signed and found this gem in the 1st place!). We're moving in the right direction, quit pretending Casserly and Capers are running this team . . .

whiskeyrbl
03-21-2007, 05:18 AM
Instead of criticizing everything you feel is wrong, answer me this: is our team right now (including who we draft in a month) better off or worse off than it was at the beginning last season ? If you answer worse off, something is wrong with you. We have taken positive steps in the right direction. Green is better than any RB on our roster last year, Black is an immediate starter on our O Line at any of the 4 positions, and Barber and Clark are a much better duo than Orr. And who did we lose? Moulds, Wiegert, Payne? Do we seriously need to remind you what Casserly did? The fact that you have to stoop so low as to saying the biggest bonehead move our GM has done to date is mis-tendering a street FA pickup who was a huge help this season (don't forget RICK SMITH is the person who signed and found this gem in the 1st place!). We're moving in the right direction, quit pretending Casserly and Capers are running this team . . .

Can I get an amen Brother!!

Specnatz
03-21-2007, 05:20 AM

OK first and foremost please get off VYs jock he will need it later. Try actually watching a highlight versus espn telling you he is a god and he won the game all by himnself.

Now, on to the running game, the Texans really had a crappy running game last year except for a few games, colts and browns. So looking at the FA runningbacks this year (NO GUARantee AP will be there at 8) who else would you have wanted? Who was better? Thats right, the scheme can make anyone great, NOT. As far as Vonta Leach goes, hind sight is 20/20 they say and I guess so are people who criticize everything after the fact without offering anything before it.

Seriously man you might want to switch to decafe.

P.S. I agree 100% Vinny and Lork 88

HuttoKarl
03-21-2007, 08:05 AM

Saints under Haslett always had talent just underacheived and had inconsistent QB play. Drew Brees made the world of difference there. Reggie was an after thought when that team signed him....they had signed Bennett to help split the load with McAlister beforehand.

They also made some big gambles as well that paid off. Trading away Stallworth to the Eagles for LB help. Letting LeBentley go. Counting on Brees shoulder to be ready. A few others as well. Sure it is a nice Cinderalla story and i was rooting for the team and the city after everything that transpired. But looking at it a lot of that was luck with things falling in place... i mean...who would've seen Marques Colston not only making the team but being an impact player drafted out of Hofstra at the tail end of the draft. Seriously.

Also helps playing in a division with 3 teams that seemed to struggle to find their identity last year.

Vinny you hit the nail on the head. I'd also like to add to that post not only are they used to losing. I think they don't know how to win. The vets bring brought in know how to win and know what it takes to win.

Thank you. Now I don't have to type all that.

I will say that the Saints weren't a 2 win team, and a turnaround like that is more the exception than the rule.

keyfro
03-21-2007, 08:49 AM

this is the same gloomy talk i hear on the radio with 790 and with some of the 610 guys...a lot of people are upset that we didn't open the flood gates to get leonard davis...or eric steinbach...or another overpaid o-lineman...all i can say to them is remember todd wade?...none of the guys who got big paydays ever got to a pro bowl...gee that sounds fimiliar to wade doesn't it?

and i also can't get over everyone dogging the team due to the green signing...honestly what free agent RB was out there that we could afford to pick up...there wasn't...green was the best back available...he isn't going to be asked to carry the full load unlike so many of the other 30 year old backs who break down during the season...and we re-signed dayne to help him out in the short yardage situations...probably the best two back system we've ever had here in houston since the texans came to be

i know we don't have VY...but here's a secret...lean closer to the screen so i can whisper it to ya...get over IT...we don't have him...he's one of bud's guys now...i hate it too...but there is nothing we can do about it...so just get over it...learn to swallow that sharp pain of seeing our very own houston boy score 39 yds td runs on us

and above all...relax...we haven't even gotten to the draft...the season might just surprise you on how it turns out

ROCKY
03-21-2007, 08:50 AM
ahman green was a 1,000 yard rusher last year in less than a full season. And is known for his great blocking which we need severely. If you dont think he will make an impact then you are delusional.

And to crap on Rick Smith for vonta leach is INSANE. If the GM signs a guy who is'nt even in the league (waived by the Packers and the Saints) at the midseason point, why would you set his contract up like he's a pro bowler? Vonta was brought in to fill a slot because Cook was injured. Vonta flourished in the system, but no-one could have seen him making the impact he did.

I dont understand why people who obviously dont like this team bother. I have'nt agreed with everything Rick Smith has done, but I have seen enough to trust him and believe he is competent.

HOU-TEX
03-21-2007, 09:01 AM

IMO, this is a 100% correct. Not only have we brought in depth and competition, we're bringing veteran leadership to the locker room.

I'll agree with a majority of this as well. I am not a fan of Black. If he is a starter it'll mean somebodies hurt. I see him as depth or our swing tackle.:)

Texan_Bill
03-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Texans in their first four years operated with a philosophy of using mostly younger guys..... They never did anything to provide depth or veteran leadership. We ALL know that didn't work so well.

The new regime shakes things up by bringing in veterans, and ones that don't cost a lot. (ESPECIALLY with limited resources under that cap) The new regime also seems very guarded with their draft choices, unwilling to mortgage away the future with Charley Casserly'esque deals and appears to want to build through the draft. They are trying to change the face of the franchise.

I will not be all "gloom and doom" considering the two factors above. We needed change and we are getting changes - but done in a way that won't kill us in a couple of years from now with outrageous signings.

texans83
03-21-2007, 09:31 AM

The texans do play alot of man to man dont you remb DR getting burned all the time and having to tackle the guy just so he wouldnt make the catch and then we would get flagged. I dont know where you are comming from being all hight and mighty with Daunte but he really hasent played all that well for us the past 2seasons. The only season he stood out was his rookie season. And dont say we need to apply preasure to the qb to help him out, I know all that but when a guy just gets burned on flys everytime then thats a problem IMO. I like DR I think he could be a really great player but I just think he hasent played that well to be getting praised like hes been getting. I think peop,le just look at his first year and think he has been doing great when really he hasent been

texan's blue
03-21-2007, 09:32 AM
we won 6 games this year and played pretty crappy. what makes you think we'll lose more games next year when he actually have a RB, a more expierenced mario and demeco, and another solid draft now that casserly is gone?

:whip:

bigTEXan8
03-21-2007, 09:51 AM
the thing with green...which is at least my interpretation of the texans signing him, was that he's not going to be a 20+ carry back. i don't see any of the texans backs getting more that 10-15 carries per game. with the late emergence of taylor, lundy provided some good games, dayne came out of nowhere...rb wise, i think the texans will keep themselves from being injured and having to rely only on one or two rbs.

next...the texans d really came on strong towards the end of the season. they made stops/turnovers when they needed too. i think one or two more key additions (landry is who i'm rooting for) to the secondary, and the texans could have a very formidable d.

both these things i believe could lead to somewhere along a 8-8 record. that's just me though.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
03-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Seems to me that the team didn't like the make up of the clubhouse and went and got some vet players who can provide some leadership ... we need some veteran leadership and depth in order to compete in this league.
Very good insight. I agree. Youth is great, but experience can carry us a long way. I'm looking forward to this season.
please get off VYs jock he will need it later.
I had to laugh. That is a good line.

The Pencil Neck
03-21-2007, 11:06 AM

You left out possibly the most important difference: Katrina.

That "bad" NO team was a team that didn't have any real home games. That's a rough season no matter how good you are.

El Tejano
03-21-2007, 11:53 AM

So Vinny, what is your take on our FA shopping? Do you like what we are doing or do you think we could've done better.

I, for one, like the Ahman Green deal. He isn't going to see the whole deal, but even at 30 this guy ripped a 70 yarder last season so his big play potential is still there, he also was pretty prime in 3rd and short situations.

I don't know about Clark or Black but if Clark played on that Raiders D and actually contributed, this might be better than we think.

I like the Barber deal, especially since he chose us over a rival team. Kind of says alot.

I don't know about Zgongina.

Vinny
03-21-2007, 12:02 PM
So Vinny, what is your take on our FA shopping? Do you like what we are doing or do you think we could've done better.

I, for one, like the Ahman Green deal. He isn't going to see the whole deal, but even at 30 this guy ripped a 70 yarder last season so his big play potential is still there, he also was pretty prime in 3rd and short situations.

I don't know about Clark or Black but if Clark played on that Raiders D and actually contributed, this might be better than we think.

I like the Barber deal, especially since he chose us over a rival team. Kind of says alot.

I don't know about Zgongina.I'm fine with our offseason so far. This was a rotten FA class in a year with lots of cap money by all the teams (well, except for us) so I'm glad we didn't throw tons of money the best players of a mediocre group.

I don't like our RB's at all so I'm glad we went out and signed Green. Our fans way overvalue Lundy and Taylor. Dayne is a nice back up, but I wouldn't want him as our starter. RB is a "right now" position so I don't mind age if the guy can still play. I hope he has two solid years in him.

Clark and Barber will give us two distinct types of players for our situational packages and it puts us in a spot where we don't have to reach for a linebacker and pass on a better player at another position if one is sitting there.

Richard Smith wants to rotate our DL so while Zgongina is old, he will be perfect for his limited snaps every game.