PDA

View Full Version : Terrelle Smith/Ken Hamlin

joshri
03-20-2007, 12:17 PM
I think the last two medium/major free agent moves the Texans should make is to sign Ken Hamlin and Terrelle Smith.

Both of these guys are near the top at their positions and I feel are being undervalued.

Terrelle Smith is a fantastic lead blocker and one of the top fullbacks in the league. He would give us some sort of solid play at FB.

Ken Hamlin is a guy that I think would thrive here. I have always liked him since he was at Arkansas. I think if we drafted another Safety and paired him with Hamlin to go with Dunta and whomever, we would have a hell of a better defense.

gtexan02
03-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I haven't heard of ANYONe looking at Hamlin. I don't know what the FOs know, but it must be something

Please_Evolve
03-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I haven't heard of ANYONe looking at Hamlin. I don't know what the FOs know, but it must be something

I thought he visited with New Orleans?

If Leach doesn't get resigned with us i wouldn't mind giving Terrelle and I know people here are immediately going to be up in arms at the mention of bringing William Henderson in for a look as well. But i prefer having Leach back.

joshri
03-20-2007, 12:41 PM
If the Texans could get some sort of stable QB play, I think the team could approach the playoffs if guys like Ken Hamlin, Terrelle Smith, Williams Henderson were added. Other than Henderson, Hamlin and Smith have a few years left.

HoustonFrog
03-20-2007, 12:51 PM
I think the problem with Hamlin is he isn't a true FS and he is probably asking for the 10 mil range. From what I heard he just doesn't fit our scheme, especially for the money he is asking.

Gamehorn25
03-20-2007, 01:13 PM
I think the problem with Hamlin is he isn't a true FS and he probably asking for the 10 mil range. From what I heard he just doesn't fit our scheme, especially for the money he is asking.

I guess we aren't getting him then

HuttoKarl
03-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Hamlin is better playing the run and crushing people. His coverage skills leave something to be desired. We need Landry and another CB in the draft. We'll probably know soon if Leach is going to be resigned.

TexanAddict
03-20-2007, 02:23 PM
I think the problem with Hamlin is he isn't a true FS and he is probably asking for the 10 mil range. From what I heard he just doesn't fit our scheme, especially for the money he is asking.

The longer Hamlin stays on the market, the lower his price should become. That is unless some team(s) suffer an injury at the safety spot before he is signed, which would drive his stock back up. I haven't read anywhere what his contract demands might be, but I doubt anyone offers him that kind of change.

HoustonFrog
03-20-2007, 02:41 PM
The longer Hamlin stays on the market, the lower his price should become. That is unless some team(s) suffer an injury at the safety spot before he is signed, which would drive his stock back up. I haven't read anywhere what his contract demands might be, but I doubt anyone offers him that kind of change.

Without a doubt. I think he was just hoping to gouge the market because guys were getting crazy money this off-season. The market was good. I think he will drop the demands. As HuttoK said above and I alluded to though the guy isn't a true FS in the sense that he is a coverage guy. He knocks heads. So we will see who many be desparate enough for a guy like that.