PDA

View Full Version : Player Numbers-Position

Ole Miss Texan
03-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Could someone clarify for me what jersey numbers are available for which positions please? I've got the gist of it i think..

QB- 1-19
WR- 80's, Teens
P/K-1-9

-I saw ahman green now has #30. (my boy landry would have to choose another number...lol)

-Domanick Williams is now #31. Does anyone know why he changed from #37?

Also, how does it work when a player come onto a team..via Trade/FA/Draft and really wants a certain number...one they wore on their last team or in college

For example. Peterson wore 28 in college. say we drafted him and he wanted to wear 28 really bad in the pros. Chris McKenzie currently is #28. Would peterson have to pay mckenzie $ in order to take the number? or if they are cool with it do they just give the number up?

sorry just thought it was always kinda interesting.

let's stay off the topic of petitioning the nfl for a certain position to be able to wear a certain number.....lol (don't ask if you don't get)

The Pencil Neck
03-18-2007, 12:04 AM
QB's, Placekickers, and Punters: 1-19.
Wide Receivers: 10-19, 80-89
Running backs and defensive backs: 20-49
Offensive Lineman: 50-79
Linebackers: 50-59 and 90-99
Defensive linemen: 60-79 and 90-99
Tight ends: 80-89 or 40-49 if all 80's are taken

HOOK'EM
03-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Could someone clarify for me what jersey numbers are available for which positions please? I've got the gist of it i think..

QB- 1-19
WR- 80's, Teens
P/K-1-9

-I saw ahman green now has #30. (my boy landry would have to choose another number...lol)

Also, how does it work when a player come onto a team..via Trade/FA/Draft and really wants a certain number...one they wore on their last team or in college

For example. Peterson wore 28 in college. say we drafted him and he wanted to wear 28 really bad in the pros. Chris McKenzie currently is #28. Would peterson have to pay mckenzie $ in order to take the number? or if they are cool with it do they just give the number up?

sorry just thought it was always kinda interesting.

let's stay off the topic of petitioning the nfl for a certain position to be able to wear a certain number.....lol (don't ask if you don't get)

Same is true with Landry if he is drafted, then he will be taking Green's #30!

Specnatz
03-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Well pencil I thought a TE could also use a teen now because they are considered a recv?

If for arguements sake, the team drafted Joe Thomas, and he wanted 69, Pitts number, there would be a deal made between the players or Pitts would just give it up. I have heard of star players giving up a Rolex to a player for a number.

Navy_Chris
03-18-2007, 12:37 AM

Are they planning on keeping DW?

dirty steve
03-18-2007, 01:03 AM
whatever..no rookie comes in and asks a guy like green to give up his number. landry takes another number until green leaves and if/when landry comes to Houston.

fyi--if we take a safety in the first it will be reggie nelson after a trade down.

texun
03-18-2007, 09:35 AM
whatever..no rookie comes in and asks a guy like green to give up his number. landry takes another number until green leaves and if/when landry comes to Houston.

fyi--if we take a safety in the first it will be reggie nelson after a trade down.

Correct. Veterans don't have to give up their numbers. If someone else comes in and wants a number held by a current player on that team, it is worked out between the individual players involved - usually through some sort of barter.

aj.
03-18-2007, 10:05 AM

It makes him feel faster. The 1 is more aerodynamic than the 7.

Don't forget that Green's 30 was Simmons' 30 a couple of weeks ago. Simmons is now wearing 32.

Ole Miss Texan
03-18-2007, 10:25 AM
It makes him feel faster. The 1 is more aerodynamic than the 7.

Don't forget that Green's 30 was Simmons' 30 a couple of weeks ago. Simmons is now wearing 32.

hahaha thats awesome. yea i thought 30 was already taken.

ATX
03-18-2007, 11:51 AM
I think he was #31 in college, but when we drafted him Aaron Glenn was #31 I believe, so he took #37.

The Pencil Neck
03-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Well pencil I thought a TE could also use a teen now because they are considered a recv?

You could be right but I believe TE's are not considered Receivers, per se.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League
http://football.about.com/cs/football101/a/bl_numbersystem.htm

The About.com link doesn't allow the tight ends to use the 40-49 range which is wrong (e.g., Chris Cooley, Dallas Clark). Otherwise they match.

OTOH, they might allow Cooley and Clark to be defined as H-Backs and therefore they're running backs and not TE's. But I don't think that's right.

Specnatz
03-18-2007, 02:17 PM
On there official site Clark is listed as a TE. So I have no clue.