PDA

View Full Version : cato june signs with tampa bay

keyfro
03-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Buccaneers | C. June signs
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 10:06:51 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed free-agent LB Cato June (Colts). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

nothing big...but for those tampa bay fans on the board thought i'd post this for ya...he's a good fit for tampa and continues the indy tradition of letting good LB's go and constantly having to draft new ones

TexansLucky13
03-17-2007, 01:28 PM
TB is like the only other team Cato could play for because of their style. He had to go into a Dungy system.

HuttoKarl
03-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Nice pickup for the Bucs.

Please_Evolve
03-17-2007, 02:55 PM
TB is like the only other team Cato could play for because of their style. He had to go into a Dungy system.

agreed.

keyfro
03-17-2007, 04:23 PM
i wonder what kind of an impact playing with derrick brooks is going to have on him...this past season we saw his willingness to stick his head into some tackles disappear...brooks has never taken a play off and really plays lights out every chance he gets...if june can learn all he can from him cato will turn into the player that dungy always envisioned

aproberts03
03-17-2007, 09:20 PM
good signing for tb..he will fit there system

freedoggy77
03-17-2007, 10:42 PM
good for them, they are grabbing everyone! i expect a winning season from them with the 10 QBs on the roster and all the FAs...San Fran too

keyfro
03-17-2007, 11:09 PM
haha...that's the funny thing though...none of these FA signings mean anything unless they pull together and win a lot of games...look at washington...a team that normally skips the draft to get "proven" talent...i don't see any super bowl rings on snyder's hand yet so i guess it's worked out well for him...not

the 49ers way over paid for clements...is he a pro bowl caliber corner yeah is he worth 80 mill heck no...does he deserve more money than champ bailey no...i would have given him the same contract that ty law got from the chiefs...something in the 20-30 mill range

the bucs however didn't over pay for cato...i think what they're paying him roughly 4 mill a year is probably where he's at talent-wise

Ole Miss Texan
03-17-2007, 11:31 PM
well, we'll still have to face him again next season...TB is on the schedule.

gtexan02
03-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Whoever is QB for the Texans can rest a little easier. he was great in pass coverag

Maddict5
03-18-2007, 06:48 AM
CLEMENTS WONT GET $80 MILLION FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! HIS CONTRACT IS PRETTY BACKLOADED....SF ACTUALLY GOT HIM FOR A PRETTY REASONABLE AMOUNT....sorry for the caps but it annoyys me when people think the whole contract is garunteed or something

keyfro
03-18-2007, 02:40 PM
CLEMENTS WONT GET $80 MILLION FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! HIS CONTRACT IS PRETTY BACKLOADED....SF ACTUALLY GOT HIM FOR A PRETTY REASONABLE AMOUNT....sorry for the caps but it annoyys me when people think the whole contract is garunteed or something

dude it's not that i thought the 80 mil was garenteed...it's the simple principle of the fact that he's not the best corner in the NFL but he's contract makes him the highest paid over the length of the contract...these signings have a rimple effect on other teams...like us...in a season or two when we have to extend/re-sign dunta robinson he's gonna look at this contract and want something similiar to it...that's why the clements deal is so aggrivating to me...because even if clements doesn' see the 3rd year of his deal it's still in place to affect other teams

Maddict5
03-18-2007, 03:26 PM
dude it's not that i thought the 80 mil was garenteed...it's the simple principle of the fact that he's not the best corner in the NFL but he's contract makes him the highest paid over the length of the contract...these signings have a rimple effect on other teams...like us...in a season or two when we have to extend/re-sign dunta robinson he's gonna look at this contract and want something similiar to it...that's why the clements deal is so aggrivating to me...because even if clements doesn' see the 3rd year of his deal it's still in place to affect other teams

clements is 1 of the best corners...hes not getting the most money right now and wont see anywhere near the $80M total..unless the 49ers keep him without re-structuring it (ie giving him $10M when hes 38- WHICH WONT HAPPEN!!)

you have to understand that alot of it is a fake inflated contract so clements would look like the highest paid corner to people

TheRealJoker
03-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Good signing for the Bucs

Ole Miss Texan
03-18-2007, 03:54 PM
how much is clements' guaranteed portion?? like 20mill??

Maddict5
03-18-2007, 05:13 PM
yep over 10 years- 2 million a hit cap hit excluding salaries- which are back loaded...not bad at all considering some other contracts that have been paid out

aj.
03-18-2007, 06:41 PM
22 million guaranteed. 8 year term.

Yeah, excluding his salary it's pretty reasonable... lol.

This reminds me of a 60 year loan on a house -- or whatever those new crazy mortgages are. They will pay for this in a large way - and probably before they return to playoff greatness.

As far as June... If he can remember how to tackle, yes, great signing.

bavanlan
03-19-2007, 08:15 AM
yep over 10 years- 2 million a hit cap hit excluding salaries- which are back loaded...not bad at all considering some other contracts that have been paid out

You can only prorate signing bonuses a maximum of six years, meaning that they will be long off the books when Clements hits the last year(s) of the contract.

kastofsna
03-19-2007, 08:45 AM
22 million guaranteed. 8 year term.

Yeah, excluding his salary it's pretty reasonable... lol.

This reminds me of a 60 year loan on a house -- or whatever those new crazy mortgages are. They will pay for this in a large way - and probably before they return to playoff greatness.

As far as June... If he can remember how to tackle, yes, great signing.
working for a mortgage company, haven't seen a 60-year year, but they do have some ridiculous things going on.

and who cares if clements isn't the best corner in the league. players aren't paid based on their rank compared to other players. it's all about market value. clements is a top 5 corner, and there are no other ones even remotely talented out in free agency, and he benefited greatly.