PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft Tree - Projecting Domino Effect if Oak takes CJ

Xman
03-17-2007, 10:43 AM
At this point, Oakland can go a variety of ways (as we get closer and see who they negotiate with, it will clear up a lot). So, for now, this is a "if they took CJ at #1," could this happen post. We can do the same type of post for "JR at #1" Thomas at #1" etc.

My CJ most probable mock:

1. Oakland - CJ
2. Detroit - Quinn
Could go Joe Thomas or JR, but Quinn feels right.
3. Cleveland - Peterson
Could go either QB or Thomas, but they are comm. to the run and AD would become a star that they need right now.
4. Tampa B. - Joe Thomas
There is a chance that one of the DL step up and they go D, but Thomas fills a need and is a very safe pick.
5. Arizona - Adams
If Thomas is there, he is the guy. But, he will be gone and they will take the highest ranking DE on the board.
6. Wash. - Okoye
Same as AZ. Best DL on the board. Most likely team to trade.
7. Minn. - Russell
Hard to read, but I think they go QB if either of the big 2 are there.
8. Houston - J Anderson
If we miss out on the QBs, RB, OT and WR, I think we get the best DL. Preferably DE, but DT if one really stands out.

My CJ second most probable mock:

1. Oakland - CJ
2. Detroit - Joe Thomas
Could go QB - but here they make the "safe" pick for a change.
3. Cleveland - Peterson
Could go either QB, but they are comm. to the run and AD is the best choice for that option.
4. Tampa B. - Adams
With Garcia on board, they will pass on QB, take best DL.
5. Arizona - J Anderson
If Thomas is there, he is the guy. But, he will be gone and they will take the highest ranking DE on the board.
6. Wash. - Okoye
7. Minn. - Russell
8. Houston - Quinn
Gotta take the qb if one slips.

My CJ third most probable mock:

1. Oakland - CJ
2. Detroit - Joe Thomas
Could go QB - but here they make the "safe" pick for a change.
3. Cleveland - Russell
Could go either QB or Peterson, but they try for another "franchise" qb.
4. Tampa B. - Adams
With Garcia on board, they will pass on QB, take best DL.
5. Arizona - J Anderson
6. Wash. - Okoye
7. Minn. - Quinn
8. Houston - Peterson
Gotta take the rb if he slips.

The worst problem for us with the 2nd/3rd options - trades. If a qb or AD start to slide, someone will probably move up to get them. That leaves us picking a DL. Unless, and this is for the Landry fan club, our FO thinks LL is worht the pick and we take him. I would say the CB Houston is more likely if we start reaching for secondary, but a case can be (and has been) made for Landry (I agree that a stud S would be nice but I think DL is our FO focus and we can get a very good S later but not a stud DL).

TexansLucky13
03-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Landry is the answer

freedoggy77
03-17-2007, 11:06 AM
man where's the mock with us taking Landry???

Xman
03-17-2007, 11:18 AM
man where's the mock with us taking Landry???

We get him in any mock - if we pass on the DL/QB/RB. That is what I said at the end - its a matter of choice. I just do not see anyone taking LAndry above us, so if we want him, he is ours.

Xman
03-17-2007, 11:19 AM
I just hope that if we want Landry, we trade down a little and get value from someone who will take a DL at 8.

TexasJedi
03-17-2007, 11:26 AM
I think Leon Hall remains an option as well, though I'm not sure how much interest the Texans have expressed in him.

Xman
03-17-2007, 11:37 AM
I think Leon Hall remains an option as well, though I'm not sure how much interest the Texans have expressed in him.

I agree that CB is an option since it is so hard to fill. But, everything I have read on Hall indicates his stock has really dropped. That is why I mention CB Houston as a possible choce if we decide we reach for secondary (and hope for Dunta like results).

freedoggy77
03-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Chris Houston will be a reach at 8 unless we trade down with GB or someone. That way we might have an extra second round pick so we could get a deep threat WR as well as an O-Line in the second and still get Houston in the first.

Untamed Guerillaz
03-18-2007, 12:10 PM
I just hope that if we want Landry, we trade down a little and get value from someone who will take a DL at 8.

if we trade down past 10 then Atlanta will take him so thats not an option:hunter:

Texas_Thrill
03-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Minn. is NOT i repeat NOT going to draft a QB when they spent one on T. Jackson last year in the 2nd round and had him starting before the season was out.