Lifetime Oiler/Texan Fan
03-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Current defensive depth chart:

DE-Willams & Weaver....with Babin first of the bench
DT-Johnson & Maddox...with Zgonina first of the bench
LB-Ryans, Greenwood, Clark...with Orr, Wong, and hopefully Barber of the bench
CB-Robinson & Faggins...with McCleon as the nickle
S-Earl & Brown...with no real backups

As stated on this board many times, safety is our weakest link. We need to sign or draft a starting strong safety making Earl a high quality back up. I believe that we have done a pretty good job at LB...this positions does need to be relooked at next offseason though. I would really like to upgrade to cornerback position with either a replacement starter for Faggins or least someone brought in to compete for the position. McCleon is a good quality backup. DE and DT could be left as is, but for the sake of talking, I would like to see a better quality pass rushing end to complement Williams and moving Weaver inside. With this move of Weaver, I believe we would have four quality tackle to rotate in to keep fresh. Babin provides good depth at end.

amazingandre
03-16-2007, 09:55 PM
we need fs and brown can be the back up earl is ok at ss

Trap_Star
03-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Our secondary needs help....

TexansSB07
03-16-2007, 10:06 PM
get pressure on QB, we have decent safeties. That is secret can defensive line get consistent pressure on QB to make him hurry his throws, thus taking away deep passes like we got killed with last year

Trap_Star
03-16-2007, 10:08 PM
get pressure on QB, we have decent safeties. That is secret can defensive line get consistent pressure on QB to make him hurry his throws, thus taking away deep passes like we got killed with last year

We dont have a free safety...WE NEED ONE....Landry:drool::dance2: :elmo:

Roughnecks
03-16-2007, 10:13 PM

It works both ways if they could cover longer than the line has a better chance of getting to QB.

Roughnecks
03-16-2007, 10:14 PM
I agree the line does not push well enough either.

freedoggy77
03-16-2007, 11:00 PM
we definitely need LaRon Landry to improve our secondary. with him and D-Rob our defense would be scary

Ole Miss Texan
03-16-2007, 11:09 PM
I am a big supporter for Landry.

But whether we select him or not, we will either have to have a new starting FS or a new starting CB to replace faggins.

we have to have 1...i'm hoping for both maybe.

We need to draft a FS or CB on the first day. we HAVE to.

htownfoozball
03-16-2007, 11:20 PM
1 landry fs
2 abiamiri de
3 david irons cb
4 mike walker wr

secondary and pass rush addressed. grab a #2 receiver for AJ.

South Texan
03-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Looks like some decent seconary guys will be available deep in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles if you are curious. (After reading through some of these I like Bannister, seems he likes to hit and can cover, nice complement to Dunta.)

Biggest thing I am trying to decide is if the "experts" are right and we get Levi Brown (LT) with the first pick. Guess they ask Spencer about that the day before the draft.

Spike
03-16-2007, 11:50 PM
It is the off-season and I am optimistic. Although I was worried about the defense the first half of last season, I felt like the defense really started to come together at the end of the season, even with Mario playing on a bad tire. I think that if we can plug in a quality starter in the backfield (at either safety or corner), I think our defense could be pretty good.

Here are a couple of other reasons I think the defense gets better in 2007:

(1) 2nd Season in the new scheme - Last year we not only started with a new staff, but we had an entirely new scheme. I think the group as a whole had some growing pains, but I think by the end of the season things started to come together. In addition to everyone being more comfortable with the new scheme, we have had a year to let some players go who don't fit this scheme and have brought in other players (and will draft new players) who will fit the scheme we are running.

(2) The DL will be better - First and foremost, I think (and really, really hope) that Mario makes his impact this year. Clearly, his injury slowed him down at the end of last season, so I am expecting that with a year under his belt and a full off-season to work on his weaknesses, he will be a major force. Second, we shouldn't experience a second year of the injuries that we had on the DL last year. Even without a first day pick, just getting everyone back who was injured last year, should make us better. Finally, if we do pick a defensive back with the first pick, I do think the line gets that short additional time to get to the QB more.

(3) Better Offense - Our offense last year put our defense in horrible position. If it wasn't a quick three and out, the offense was turning the ball over in the opposing teams territory. I feel like I can count the legitimate, sustained drives that we made all last season on two hands. Our defense spent entirely too much time on the field.
Maybe I am too optimistic, but the offense has to be better next year than it was last year. Hopefully Carr (or whomever else is playing QB), will average less than one botched snap/ game. At worst, the OL should be as good as last year, and if Spencer comes back and/or we get a first day pick, we should be considerably better. RB should be better with Green and the resurgence of Dayne, so we should be able to maintain drives on a more consistent basis.

(4) Confidence - Our defense played as good as I have ever seen a Texans D play at the end of last year. The defense kept us in a lot of games last year and started to play with a little bit of a swagger by the end of the season. We also start the year with a legitimate leader in the LB corps, together with quality, veteran depth that LB and DL.

With the offseason moves we have made to date, I would love to see the first day draft include OT, S and CB. If can upgrade two starting positions on the defense, the defense will be a lot of fun to watch.

Insideop
03-17-2007, 12:28 AM

As stated on this board many times, safety is our weakest link. We need to sign or draft a starting strong safety making Earl a high quality back up. I believe that we have done a pretty good job at LB...this positions does need to be relooked at next offseason though. I would really like to upgrade to cornerback position with either a replacement starter for Faggins or least someone brought in to compete for the position. McCleon is a good quality backup. DE and DT could be left as is, but for the sake of talking, I would like to see a better quality pass rushing end to complement Williams and moving Weaver inside. With this move of Weaver, I believe we would have four quality tackle to rotate in to keep fresh. Babin provides good depth at end.

I wish someone would explain to me why we should move a 280 lb. DE, who just came off rotator cuff surgery, inside to be a DT and expect him to be any good? He will be "steamrolled" by 320 lb. O-linemen on running plays. I know they move him inside on obvious passing plays to get a quicker lineup in there with Babin as DE, but moving him inside permanently, I don't think is a good idea.

The problem, I believe, is Weaver and Mario are suited to play the same position, and originally when we signed Weaver, I think at the time, Mario wasn't even being looked at as a draft possibility. But, I think Kubes (yes, this was Kubes pick) couldn't resist taking him and probably thought he could utilize both Weaver and Mario together in some way on the D-line. Remember, they thought they could play Mario some at DT.

I agree we another speed rushing DE, like Freeney, but moving Weaver to DT is a bad idea IMO.

The Pencil Neck
03-17-2007, 02:34 AM
The problem, I believe, is Weaver and Mario are suited to play the same position, and originally when we signed Weaver, I think at the time, Mario wasn't even being looked at as a draft possibility. But, I think Kubes (yes, this was Kubes pick) couldn't resist taking him and probably thought he could utilize both Weaver and Mario together in some way on the D-line. Remember, they thought they could play Mario some at DT.

I agree we another speed rushing DE, like Freeney, but moving Weaver to DT is a bad idea IMO.

I'm going to say this and some people will probably freak out at me but...

I thought we looked damn good with:

Weaver - <insert DT> - Mario - Babin/Peek

I know that no one wants Mario on the inside, but when we used this last preseason, Mario really freed up the DE to make plays.

03-17-2007, 03:07 AM
1 landry fs
2 abiamiri de
3 david irons cb
4 mike walker wr

secondary and pass rush addressed. grab a #2 receiver for AJ.

mike walker isn't that great at all, he plays a whole lot slower than his time. as for our defense, i think we really need another stud in the secondary, whether it be at free safety (we've never had one) or at cornerback (we've only had one)... and i like landry a lot. that being said, if adrian is gone by #8, i would like for us to either take him (landry) or trade down and get some more talent. we've got a lot of holes to fill.

NederlandTexan
03-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Pressure on the QB and secondary help seem to be the consensus needs for Houston. It's all about where the staff wants to go with the 8th pick, DE Jamaal Anderson or S LaRon Landry. And since our starting safeties are Charlie picks, I think we take Landry.

Koolaid Time
03-17-2007, 08:26 AM
About as important as who we have on defense is how they are rotated and used.

This defense has so much situational substitutions wich certian players coming in at specific times.

Some team running a "good" no huddle offense can trick us up with the wrong players out on the field.

amazingandre
03-17-2007, 08:26 AM
i think we need both a fs and a cb to start from day one......thats why i like landry in the 1st and hughes in the second.....hughges imo is the best cover corner but his 40 time really hurt him.....but i knew itd be slow.....he is similar to nathan vasher who dropped in the draft due to a slow 40.......then in the third we need jason hill.....a huge dep treat that can really challenge anyone for the number 2 slot.....i think this owuld be the best draft and we can then get kareem brown in the 4th to play dline....even he should be able to start....

bckey
03-17-2007, 08:48 AM
I'd be happy with Leon Hall or LaRon Landry. But I think cb is more of a need than free safety so I would draft Hall. It is easier and cheaper to find a safety in free agency than it is cb.

texas mopar
03-17-2007, 08:51 AM

I know that no one wants Mario on the inside, but when we used this last preseason, Mario really freed up the DE to make plays.

I really think we need a big run stopping DT, somebody thats hard to move out of the way,thats why I've liked Branch but some have said he takes plays off (if thats true no way) but I watched several Michican games last year and was impressed with his push up the middle.

fdknuckles
03-17-2007, 08:54 AM
I agree that we need help in the secondary, however I think we might be able to pick up Merriweather in the 2nd if not Gattis out of Wake Forest or Wade from Tennessee in at CB.

My thinking as to how best help the secondary though is by keeping pressure on the QB. A DT in the 3rd like Mebane could help this by shutting down the run and forcing the opponent into more passing situations.

I'm thinking...Levi Brown in the 1st, Merriweather in the 2nd and Mebane in the 3rd.
I doubt we pass on Levi Brown if he's there, unless Kube's is CONVINCED Spencer will return .

Vinny
03-17-2007, 09:47 AM

some rep for a noob that started something other than a Carr thread. kudos

I believe we need a pass rusher and a starting caliber CB too. If next year our leading sacker has 4.5 sacks it won't matter who is back at CB though.

thunderkyss
03-17-2007, 10:35 AM
some rep for a noob that started something other than a Carr thread. kudos

I believe we need a pass rusher and a starting caliber CB too. If next year our leading sacker has 4.5 sacks it won't matter who is back at CB though.

here's a question. Who do you think will sit more if we do draft a starting CB?? Faggins, or Dunta??

I believe Faggins outplayed Dunta as a corner. Dunta shined in run support.

keyfro
03-17-2007, 11:25 AM
i think the biggest thing that really gets me is that we are all convinced that babin is best suited as a back-up...what a waste of a 1st round draft pick he was if nobody thinks he can start

i think we all realize that CB and FS are our biggest needs on the defense right now...i'm a big advocate of selecting landry with the 8th overall pick...with him in place you allow brown and earl to battle it out for the starting SS position and you put more pressure on d-rob to perform...why? because now he knows that faggins has help on the deep routs and you put d-rob in bump coverage on his reciever...tell him he's got this guy by yourself

i think robinson would flourish more if he thought he was alone with the reciever and not having to worry about what other people are doing

linebackers are looking better depth-wise...we'll have to wait and see how they work together in pre-season

the d-line is still a question mark...personally i would like to see us put mario at the SDE position move weaver to DT and start babin at WDE...tell babin this is his one shot to start for this team...make him earn it by having him compete against the other guys on the roster...if he can't start this season i see no reason to be paying as much as we are now

Vinny
03-17-2007, 11:29 AM
here's a question. Who do you think will sit more if we do draft a starting CB?? Faggins, or Dunta??

I believe Faggins outplayed Dunta as a corner. Dunta shined in run support.Faggins got owned on big plays on the edge in the running game over and over last year and isn't nearly as good a tackler as Dunta is. Watch the Jets game especially. Faggins should be a nickle back and is comparable to Steve Jackson if you are an old Oilers fan. Good in the nickel but you are in trouble if he has to start for any length of time at all.

thunderkyss
03-17-2007, 11:36 AM
I think too many people base too many decisions on two plays against Buffalo.

CC Brown wasn't on either of the two deep bombs for TDs. On the first, he was on a blitz. Glen Earl was watching Losman stare down the reciever on the other side of the field. When Losman changed his focus at the last minute, there was little Earl could do. Faggins bit on a double move.

On the second, there was the same situation, except CC brown was taking a breather. He wasn't even on the field. That was Jason Simmons you were watching chase Lee Evans.

It was also good QB play(I know we don't see that often in Houston), with Losman looking off the safety, and placing the ball ahead of the receiver, and away from the defense. At the time the catches were made, there wasn't a lot of seperation. It was excellent ball placement that beat us.

It was also late in the year, before our LBs did anything at all in pass coverage. Until we can get those guys to participate in pass coverage, the Safeties have got to keep everything in front of them, playing way off the ball, and giving up lots of yards.

thunderkyss
03-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Faggins got owned on big plays on the edge in the running game over and over last year and isn't nearly as good a tackler as Dunta is. Watch the Jets game especially. Faggins should be a nickle back and is comparable to Steve Jackson if you are an old Oilers fan. Good in the nickel but you are in trouble if he has to start for any length of time at all.

Watch the Titans @ Reliant. Faggins was making play after play, getting his hands on the ball, and knocking them away from the receiver. Dunta was a hair late, and made Bennette look like a probowler. They both covered Bennette, but Bennette's big plays were almost all on Dunta.

Dunta is much better against the run, I'm not denying that. he's also a much better tackler. Faggins is better at keeping the ball out of the other guys hands.

HoustonFrog
03-17-2007, 11:46 AM
My theory has always been you can only cover for so long. There has to be someone coming off the edge or up the middle to disrupt timing. We have tried in the draft so far but aren't there yet. If we are going to improve, I always thought Dallas had it down in the early 90s with their rotation. You need fresh guys in and out. I like the depth we are starting to build. My only problem is that I am not a big Branch fan in the draft. I wrote on here to start that I thought he could be a stud but have since backed off after looking at it a little more. I think he could end up being lazy. I like the motor on Amobi Okoye better and think he could be a freak. As far as safety, I'd almost say you could move back in the draft, pick up a pick and still get Nelson from Florida is we really wanted safety.

Vinny
03-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Dunta is much better against the run, I'm not denying that. he's also a much better tackler. Faggins is better at keeping the ball out of the other guys hands.
tackling tends to keep guys out of the end zone.

signed,
winning teams

awtysst
03-17-2007, 12:03 PM
My theory has always been you can only cover for so long. There has to be someone coming off the edge or up the middle to disrupt timing. We have tried in the draft so far but aren't there yet. If we are going to improve, I always thought Dallas had it down in the early 90s with their rotation. You need fresh guys in and out. I like the depth we are starting to build. My only problem is that I am not a big Branch fan in the draft. I wrote on here to start that I thought he could be a stud but have since backed off after looking at it a little more. I think he could end up being lazy. I like the motor on Amobi Okoye better and think he could be a freak. As far as safety, I'd almost say you could move back in the draft, pick up a pick and still get Nelson from Florida is we really wanted safety.

I think another issue is that Dunta was at his best when he had another solid CB on the opposite side. For years we have almost expected Dunta to be otu there covering by himself. We give him Pburnt(who might be better suited for matador than corner) and tell him here you go buddy--have at it! If we can get another solid CB(I am thinking in round 3), perhaps with Landry in round 1, and Kalil in 2, we might have the start of another really solid draft.

thunderkyss
03-17-2007, 12:18 PM
tackling tends to keep guys out of the end zone.

signed,
winning teams

They can run all over the endzone for all I care, as long as it's without the Ball.

Signed Dione.

HoustonFrog
03-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I think another issue is that Dunta was at his best when he had another solid CB on the opposite side. For years we have almost expected Dunta to be otu there covering by himself. We give him Pburnt(who might be better suited for matador than corner) and tell him here you go buddy--have at it! If we can get another solid CB(I am thinking in round 3), perhaps with Landry in round 1, and Kalil in 2, we might have the start of another really solid draft.

Agree. If you can get a guy that isn't a reach on your board in the mid rounds I think you definitely would grab him.

thunderkyss
03-17-2007, 12:32 PM

what difference does it make what the other guy on the other side of the field is doing?? Especially if we're playing man coverage. Dunta needs to do his job, and not worry about what Glen or Faggins, or Sanders, or whoever is doing.

I think his biggest problem, is that he is a big part of our run defense... just like our safeties. If the front 7 could do their job, then Dunta, Faggins, & CC could do their Job.

When Glenn left, he wasn't the only part of our defense that left. A big part of our run Defense left as well, and that's what Dunta has been trying to account for in his play. That's why, I believe, our entire secondary bites on play action.

Mr teX
03-17-2007, 12:37 PM
what difference does it make what the other guy on the other side of the field is doing?? Especially if we're playing man coverage. Dunta needs to do his job, and not worry about what Glen or Faggins, or Sanders, or whoever is doing.

I think his biggest problem, is that he is a big part of our run defense... just like our safeties. If the front 7 could do their job, then Dunta, Faggins, & CC could do their Job.

When Glenn left, he wasn't the only part of our defense that left. A big part of our run Defense left as well, and that's what Dunta has been trying to account for in his play. That's why, I believe, our entire secondary bites on play action.

Cosign to the bolded, If faggins or sanders were/are that terrible, they'd be going at them instead of him. I like the fire Dunta plays with, but he needs to channel that & stop pouting so much.

Wolf
03-17-2007, 12:57 PM

take Peek off of that list, I believed he signed with an Ohio team(can't remember now)

bigTEXan8
03-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Cosign to the bolded, If faggins or sanders were/are that terrible, they'd be going at them instead of him. I like the fire Dunta plays with, but he needs to channel that & stop pouting so much.

concur. dunta doesn't really get a lot of rope in my opinion to run his mouth about the entire team, let alone the d. now, with the draft, i'd like to see landry with the texans first pick. i think he could drastically improve the secondary, and, i was lucky enough to watch a lot of SEC games at my job, and he played just as well against the run as he did against the pass. i think the d really began to gel towards the end of the season, and it could be very stout through this upcoming season.

keyfro
03-17-2007, 01:12 PM
the problem i have had with dunta is that he'll get too frustrated during games...he'll walk off the field and sit out a play our two and then go back in...if he's going to be the all-pro that we believe he can be he needs to start keeping his emotions in check...if he gets beat one play forget about it and play the next play...he's gotta be happy that drew bennett signed with st. louis...now he doesn't have to face him twice a year

Originally Posted by thunderkyss
what difference does it make what the other guy on the other side of the field is doing??

could not agree more...everyone is going to play better with somebody good on the other side of them helping but dunta has got to step up his game and not worry about the other DB's on the field...he would be a perfect leader on this defense if he could play the way he played his rookie year and not worry about faggins or brown

Hottoddie
03-17-2007, 05:20 PM
As Vinny said, kudos to the thread starter.

It's a shame that you can't (or, generally don't) just focus on one side of the ball during the draft. But, if you could, we sure could finish building a defense that was second to none.

I hear all of you that want Landry (I'd prefer Nelson) at #8, but with Hamlin still out there as a free agent & the likelyhood of Meriweather & Griffin being available in the 2nd round, I wouldn't want to use the #8 pick on a FS. There are also some other quality FS's that should be available in the later rounds, like Eric Weddle & John Wendling.

We seem to all be in agreement that the team needs help at the CB/S positions, but this draft is thin in 1st day CB's & has quite a few quality late 1st day/2nd day CB's/FS's available.

DT doesn't appear to be real deep & only has 2 true blue chippers (Branch & Okoye) that will most assuredly be selected in the top 15 picks. After that, it gets pretty thin.

DE appears to be pretty deep this year & should allow us to pick up a quality player in the later rounds. After WR, watch for a run on DE's in the draft.

ILB/OLB's appear to be pretty deep & should allow for us to pick up some depth in the later rounds.

Having said all of this, & assuming we didn't have to give any focus to the offensive side of the ball, here's what we could do in the draft.

1) Okoye (DT) - Branch would give us the most immediate impact & with his size, would destroy the pocket with regularity. Imagine him next to Mario & what impact that would have as far as freeing him up. However, Okoye has me drooling just like a healthy Mario does. Imagine the speed of those 2 big men coming at the OL all the time. The only word that comes to mind is, DEVASTATING.

2) Brandon Meriweather (FS) - Our FS problems are solved.

3) Ikaika Alama-Francis (DE) - I'm not sure this kid will last until the 3rd round, but if he does, he'd be a steal. Exceptional quickness & speed (4.75 40), & is versatile enough to play DE & DT. He's got great size (6'5" 280lbs.), with the frame to get bigger.

4) Josh Wilson (CB) - Exceptional speed (4.39 40) & is rising up the charts. Only his size (5'9" 189lbs.)) may cause him to be there in the 4th.

5) Stephen Nicholas or Juwan Simpson (OLB) - Whichever one is available, would be a nice addition to our Linebacking corp.

6) Keith Jackson (DT) - A potential steal in the 6th round. While he's undersized (6'0" 305lbs.), he's a tackling machine.

7) Will Herring (SS) - My sleeper pick. A real head hunter.

Thus, my defense would look like this next year:

RDE: Mario/Babin/Kalu
RDT: Maddox/Zgonina/Jackson
LDT: Okoye/TJ/Jackson
LDE: Weaver/Ikaika Alama-Francis/Kalu
ROLB: Greenwood/Nicholas
MLB: Ryans/Wali Rainer
LOLB: Clark/C.Anderson/Nicholas
RCB: Josh Wilson/Faggins
LCB: Dunta/McCleon
FS: Meriweather/CC Brown
SS: Earl/Herring

With our needs on offense, there is no way this would happen, but it would solidify our defense for a long time.

keyfro
03-17-2007, 05:55 PM
the only problem with merriweather is character issues...remember mcnair has made it clear that he doesn't want a team of thugs...with merriweather's behavior on the field during that FIU scrap he's gonna have to impress smith and kubiak that it was a one time thing...as for weddle and wendling...i'm just not impressed with either one of those guys

you mentioned wilson who has everything you want except for his height...i think he would be a great nickelback but not a number 2 corner...maybe a guy like mccauley who will be slipping or jonathan wade from tennessee in round 2...personally i would love to see ross slip to us in round 2 but i really don't think that's gonna happen

the team really doesn't need another DT if we can get a solid DE we can move weaver inside to DT and have a pretty nice rotation of TJ, maddox, weaver, and zgonina...that being said keith jackson is a heck of a player and worth taking a look at especially late in the draft

fdknuckles
03-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Let me ask you all this.....

If Dunta needs secondary help, are we better off pulling another CB in the 1st like Leon Hall instead of going with a safety?

My personal #8 pick would be Levi Brown (if there), but wanted to know what y'all thought would benefit our secondary more.....CB Vs Safety:confused:

The Pencil Neck
03-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Let me ask you all this.....

If Dunta needs secondary help, are we better off pulling another CB in the 1st like Leon Hall instead of going with a safety?

My personal #8 pick would be Levi Brown (if there), but wanted to know what y'all thought would benefit our secondary more.....CB Vs Safety:confused:

Either way is going to help. If Landry is available, he could be the ball hawking safety we need to provide support to the CB's and make their jobs easier. A lot of our problems last year was our safeties biting on run fakes and then not being where they were supposed to be in coverage and not being fast enough to make up space while the ball was in the air. We don't have a real free safety at this point. And that hurts.

OTOH, Faggins is basically a nickle corner. He'd be great coming in on nickle situations. If we had another great corner out there, that would make Dunta's life infinitely easier (like it was with Glenn on the other side.)

So it comes down to which guy the FO thinks is the better ball player because fixing either position is going to be a great help.

Additionally, our secondary would look better if our front four were getting to the QB.

keyfro
03-19-2007, 03:01 PM
does anyone else think that when we released aaron glenn for philip buchanon that it took it's tole on dunta robinson?

to me dunta just seemed to be a little different out there on the field...like he didn't have his big bro out there helping him out both emotionally and psychologically...meaning that glenn wasn't out there to help him stay cool and collected and also glenn wasn't there to help him out on the field during game time

i really do think dunta needs that starting veteran corner opposite him so that he has that guy out there helping him out...but hopefully coming in this draft we pick up that corner and free safty which causes dunta to take the big bro mentality and thus causing dunta to be more of the leader we need him to be

TXurias
03-19-2007, 10:15 PM
I agree Leon Hall is a great choice, we really need a ball-hawking safety. That would really solidify our defense. Maybe draft down get an additonal pick. With those picks take Nelson and address WR or CD needs.

keyfro
03-19-2007, 11:02 PM
well if we go CB then you have to ask yourself who is the better corner...leon hall or chris houston...or derrele revis for that matter

then you can start to way your options because two of those guys would be available in a trade down scenario...and if you can get that deal done you start asking well is the difference between say leon hall that much from chris houston...if not then you make the trade...if so then you don't

still landry in the 1st and the best corner in the 2nd would do wonders for this defense...IMO