PDA

View Full Version : Fear...is very powerful

MATRIX
03-16-2007, 07:15 PM
The morre the situation unfolds, plus SWT's thread. I belive I have came to a conclusion alot of you may agree with.

Let me start with bad and work my way to good.

Why should Carr go:

1- 5yrs of doing little if anything

2- Seems to be on the same page he was his rokie year...no advancement.

3- Teammates are now stpping up to say he stinks.

4- Mcnair will make no money if they keep him much longer...nobody will pay to see a team loose.

Why should he stay:

1- He has proved he can take a beating, being tuff at QB isn't that normal.

2- His salary makes it tuff to unload him.

3- Sage hasn't show enough to stat, and if they aren't taking Quinn, the FO must feel Carr is the best bet right now.

4- He has shown glimpses of his ability.

5- Scouts all over the NFL all agree he can be great in the right inviroment.

6- Another year in the same system ith OL help and a RB he may at last show what he can do.

7- He did get us 6 wins..even with bad play.

Now, I know alot more is on the stay side. But, I did that for a reason, as you'll read below.

On more than 1 website many feel Houston is scared to dump him, and get another QB. The reason is the feel that if he goes somewhere that has a good line and running game...he will be a top 5QB.

Funny as that sounds, ever wonder how often Tampa Bay kicked theirselfs for trading Young? Or what about Farve in Green Bay...he sucked till then.

I honestly feel they don't want to cut ties yet because of examples like Young. They would rather set up a situation for him to become great here. Then if need be, cut him in 1-2 years and get a good FA QB. This would mean they wouldn't be like Tampa was with Young...laughing stock of the NFL. Wrst case, the parts are in place when a FA would arive to atlast allow us to win.

Dozens of sites comment about this. I wanted your thoughts. THIS ISN'T TO BAH CARR...but rather to see if you feel the FO may do something like this.

03-16-2007, 08:24 PM
repetition... gets very annoying

michaelm
03-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Merged Thread... is very likely

MATRIX
03-16-2007, 09:34 PM
I didn't see this thread on this site. But, I have seen it on a ton of other Texans sites, as well as rumored on many other team sites.

tsip
03-16-2007, 09:37 PM
"7- He did get us 6 wins..even with bad play."

Carr lover's say this is a team game...uk, OK. Double standard? I see...

MATRIX
03-16-2007, 09:41 PM
"7- He did get us 6 wins..even with bad play."

Carr lover's say this is a team game...uk, OK. Double standard? I see...

Personaly I don't like Carr, but he did help get us 6. Nobody can argue with that.

HoustonFrog
03-16-2007, 09:43 PM
The morre the situation unfolds, plus SWT's thread. I belive I have came to a conclusion alot of you may agree with.

Let me start with bad and work my way to good.

Why should Carr go:

1- 5yrs of doing little if anything

2- Seems to be on the same page he was his rokie year...no advancement.

3- Teammates are now stpping up to say he stinks.

4- Mcnair will make no money if they keep him much longer...nobody will pay to see a team loose.

Why should he stay:

1- He has proved he can take a beating, being tuff at QB isn't that normal.

2- His salary makes it tuff to unload him.

3- Sage hasn't show enough to stat, and if they aren't taking Quinn, the FO must feel Carr is the best bet right now.

4- He has shown glimpses of his ability.

6- Another year in the same system ith OL help and a RB he may at last show what he can do.

7- He did get us 6 wins..even with bad play.

Now, I know alot more is on the stay side. But, I did that for a reason, as you'll read below.

On more than 1 website many feel Houston is scared to dump him, and get another QB. The reason is the feel that if he goes somewhere that has a good line and running game...he will be a top 5QB. Funny as that sounds, ever wonder how often Tampa Bay kicked theirselfs for trading Young? Or what about Farve in Green Bay...he sucked till then.

I honestly feel they don't want to cut ties yet because of examples like Young. They would rather set up a situation for him to become great here. Then if need be, cut him in 1-2 years and get a good FA QB. This would mean they wouldn't be like Tampa was with Young...laughing stock of the NFL. Wrst case, the parts are in place when a FA would arive to atlast allow us to win.

Dozens of sites comment about this. I wanted your thoughts. THIS ISN'T TO BAH CARR...but rather to see if you feel the FO may do something like this.

We would actually save 5 million next year when we need it to make a jump

#5 is rediculous. If this was the case then I'm sure teams would be offering more than a 4th rounder and he wouldn't be second or third tier free agent.

Kubiak has worked with top QBs all his life and there is no fear in him letting him go. If that was the case he would be the starter, no doubts. People need to learn that some guys just don't make it. what if the Browns had kept saying those things about Couch?I mean this thread does nothing but confirm that people aren't living in the reality of the situation. the players complain because they see him day in and day out. The couches put him on the block because they don't see the development. There is an easy answer to this. Put him on another team, clear the constant bickering within the org. and lets see what both do without each other.

BTW, he didn't HELP get us 6 wins..we got many of them by taking the ball out of hands and giving it to Ron Dayne, yet people haven't been clamoring to overpay Dayne.

MATRIX
03-16-2007, 09:47 PM
We would actually save 5 million next year when we need it to make a jump

#5 is rediculous. If this was the case then I'm sure teams would be offering more than a 4th rounder and he wouldn't be second or third tier free agent.

Kubiak has worked with top QBs all his life and there is no fear in him letting him go. If that was the case he would be the starter, no doubts. People need to learn that some guys just don't make it. what if the Browns had kept saying those things about Couch?I mean this thread does nothing but confirm that people aren't living in the reality of the situation. the players complain because they see him day in and day out. The couches put him on the block because they don't see the development. There is an easy answer to this. Put him on another team, clear the constant bickering within the org. and lets see what both do without each other.

BTW, he didn't HELP get us 6 wins..we got many of them by taking the ball out of hands and giving it to Ron Dayne, yet people haven't been clamoring to overpay Dayne.

Regaurdless who had the ball after the center? We don't run direct snaps.

Ryan
03-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Personaly I don't like Carr, but he did help get us 6. Nobody can argue with that.

kris brown helped us get more wins than carr did.

HoustonFrog
03-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Regaurdless who had the ball after the center? We don't run direct snaps.

Whatever you say. I could practice handing off all day. The fact of the matter is they took the games out of his hands. Maybe it was the games he fumbled in, etc. that made them change their plans. The things you wrote are just way off base. Sorry. People aren't beating down the door after the guy or fearful.

Honoring Earl 34
03-16-2007, 10:06 PM

Then I must conclude that the right enviroment does'nt exsist or they'd trade for him . :wheel:

steelbtexan
03-16-2007, 10:20 PM
earl you hit the bullseye with that one

TK_Gamer
03-16-2007, 10:42 PM
ok well It's popular to bash a guy that does bad things repeatedly, even if he does over half good things , they will allways comment on the bad things, dont get me wrong, Carr is not working out here, but we seem to forget that thru half the season Carr was one of the highest rated QB's in the league, or that andre Johnson was on of the highest rated recievers, you can say anyone can hand dayne the ball, but someone that wasnt sage passed andre the ball all those times. so dont act like Carr had nothing to do with the 6 wins and only contributed to losses, that would be convenient but untrue.

TFL
03-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Well if you are saying he helped get us to 6 then I can say he helped us get to 2 the year before. I think Our D and our run game got us to 6, and with you saying he helped us get to 6 wins by handing the ball off is not a good argument. Thats like giving props to the kicker for kicking the ball even if he misses the field goal by 30 yards.

Honoring Earl 34
03-16-2007, 11:02 PM
There's a Carr hating here tonight... tonight, there's a Carr hating tonight... La La tonight.

Or Caddy singing

Take the helmet from your head

shake it loose let it fall

they're mean but ol caddy knows you can't do it all

let me help you make it through the night

the wonger need food
03-16-2007, 11:10 PM

Actually, a lot of people would argue with that. The Texans got 6 wins in spite of Carr.

Trap_Star
03-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Im I the only one tired of looking at the word "CARR"?....:brickwall

TexansSB07
03-16-2007, 11:14 PM
FEAR is very powerful as another Carr Thread, try if we knock the teams we play in preseason on their *****. We come out and WIN 1st two games decisively people will begin to notice us, we win 3-4 games in a row teams will start game planning for us.

WIN 5-6 to start and people will be wearing DEPENDS when they play us to catch all the STUFF we knock out of them.

NOW THAT's FEAR!!!!!

HoustonFrog
03-16-2007, 11:18 PM
There's a Carr hating here tonight... tonight, there's a Carr hating tonight... La La tonight.

No hating..of course you only comment on the people, not the facts. I'd expect nothing else Caddy.
Just a bunch of hyperbole(we, now, after 5 years are sitting on the next S. Young or Favre...amazing we have him) on how the league looks at our QB. Why not sing about how off target the original post is. Unreal, the blind turn of the head.

MATRIX
03-16-2007, 11:53 PM
No hating..of course you only comment on the people, not the facts. I'd expect nothing else Caddy.
Just a bunch of hyperbole(we, now, after 5 years are sitting on the next S. Young or Favre...amazing we have him) on how the league looks at our QB. Why not sing about how off target the original post is. Unreal, the blind turn of the head.

Thats how you view it, and you don't like Carr correct?

Many in the NFL feel he is a legit top 5 QB given the right options. Much as Young and Farve, they just needed certian elements.

Now, you can merge that with another thing. McNair loves the guy regaurdless of what we feel, maybe even what he knows deep down. And he plans to ride his boy(incase you haven't noticed).

As SWT pointed out, he WILL finish the rest of his deal in Houston, maybe more.

BS about hating him or loving him is just that BS. If you like a team yea, you get upset at stuff. But, you still wear the logo and don't care what others think. Nobody lynched you after the 2-14 season for having a Texans logo did they...no.

And nice of you to point out things I said. Considering they came from the FO, belive it or not I don't care. This is the net, tomorrow one of you will be Donald Trump...and nobody would care...even if you are Trump.

The FO belives in him, and thats the facts. So, back a team regaurdless of whom they play, or pick a new team to cheer on sunday.

Have a good night.:texflag:

freedoggy77
03-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Even if we improved our O-Line Carr may be surprised with all the time he has...you can't say he isn't shell shocked, and even with a good O-Line he just CAN'T succeed in Houston.

BattleRedToro
03-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Even if we improved our O-Line Carr may be surprised with all the time he has...you can't say he isn't shell shocked, and even with a good O-Line he just CAN'T succeed in Houston.

You could say that, and it would be an opinion, just like everything else on the message board.

tsip
03-17-2007, 12:43 AM
ok well It's popular to bash a guy that does bad things repeatedly, even if he does over half good things , they will allways comment on the bad things, dont get me wrong, Carr is not working out here, but we seem to forget that thru half the season Carr was one of the highest rated QB's in the league, or that andre Johnson was on of the highest rated recievers, you can say anyone can hand dayne the ball, but someone that wasnt sage passed andre the ball all those times. so dont act like Carr had nothing to do with the 6 wins and only contributed to losses, that would be convenient but untrue.

...do you have one of those jobs where you only have to get the job done 'half the time?'

macaronitoni
03-17-2007, 01:13 AM
Kubiak has worked with top QBs all his life and there is no fear in him letting him go. If that was the case he would be the starter, no doubts. People need to learn that some guys just don't make it. what if the Browns had kept saying those things about Couch?I mean this thread does nothing but confirm that people aren't living in the reality of the situation. the players complain because they see him day in and day out. The couches put him on the block because they don't see the development. There is an easy answer to this. Put him on another team, clear the constant bickering within the org. and lets see what both do without each other..

Umm...and what has the Browns done at QB that is any better than couch?

2BCF
03-18-2007, 11:28 AM

Nope, Kubes tying Carr's hands got us the last 2. Carr got us 4 last yr.

HoustonFrog
03-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Thats how you view it, and you don't like Carr correct?
Many in the NFL feel he is a legit top 5 QB given the right options. Much as Young and Farve, they just needed certian elements.
Now, you can merge that with another thing. McNair loves the guy regaurdless of what we feel, maybe even what he knows deep down. And he plans to ride his boy(incase you haven't noticed).

As SWT pointed out, he WILL finish the rest of his deal in Houston, maybe more.

BS about hating him or loving him is just that BS. If you like a team yea, you get upset at stuff. But, you still wear the logo and don't care what others think. Nobody lynched you after the 2-14 season for having a Texans logo did they...no.
And nice of you to point out things I said. Considering they came from the FO, belive it or not I don't care. This is the net, tomorrow one of you will be Donald Trump...and nobody would care...even if you are Trump.

The FO belives in him, and thats the facts. So, back a team regaurdless of whom they play, or pick a new team to cheer on sunday.

Have a good night.:texflag:

1) Wrong. I like the man fine. Seems like a good guy. I don't like Carr the player and teammate who has been a point of contention with management, teammates and fans.

2) Wrong. If Carr was thought of as the next Favre or Young with the right guys around him, he wouldn't be still floating around as trade bait and he wouldn't be second or third tier trade bait, even with the contract. The fact of the matter is, and this is reality, the market is tough for a 5 year guy with nothing to show for it and a large contract. Marketable he is not.

3) I never said I wasn't a fan. But I'm a fan of the team, not keeping one guy despite the team so he can show everyone how wrong they were 8 years later.

4) Those aren't facts. Those are things in your head. If the FO believed in him they wouldn't be saying

"That does not mean that we're going to do that absolutely, but we'll entertain it. If I'm saying right now and you draw an inference (that Carr might be traded) from that, then you are correct."

http://www.kffl.com/player/15074/nfl

Kubiak went from saying he could fix him to saying they needed work and he is on the block. The things you are saying just aren't true.

baba ganoush
03-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Well, I believe the Houston Texans are a TEAM...

Yeah, they may suck, but if you look at one player, it shows that the (you)fans dont care about the team and are only concerned about a single player...lets look at all of the spots that sucked this year...

QB: this is what yall want to argue about...
WR: you had one threat, yeah he made the pro-bowl but the others did nothing
RB: you had a 600 yard back, nothing special
FB: Cook sucked, until Leach came in late
OL: they couldnt stay healthy and it showed, but there was promise early
DL: no pass rush at all
CB: all got burnt, even dunta...if you watch it happens alot
S: they both are horrible...
P: cant punt dont know what happened with him
K: cant kick he really does suck, always has always will

now lets look at the solids
LB: I thought they were pretty much solid for the year
TE: Owen Daniels produced well and Bruener handled the blocking well

now, if you want to bash one player, it should reflect on the rest of the team cause the majority of them played really bad