PDA

View Full Version : Duckett signs with Lions.

HuttoKarl
03-16-2007, 05:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2801531

HoustonFrog
03-16-2007, 08:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2801531

I've always been disappointed in him. He never seemed to take over from Dunn and become a main back. Maybe it is the fantasy player in me.

HuttoKarl
03-16-2007, 08:59 PM
I've always been disappointed in him. He never seemed to take over from Dunn and become a main back. Maybe it is the fantasy player in me.

I know how you feel. If Kevin Jones continues to stink, perhaps Duckett can finally prove he's worth a paycheck.

HoustonFrog
03-17-2007, 11:19 AM
I know how you feel. If Kevin Jones continues to stink, perhaps Duckett can finally prove he's worth a paycheck.

Maybe. It almost seemed like Atlanta wanted him to start but he couldn't outplay Dunn. He seems to have the skills for a big man. We will just see if it is a desire thing or what.

awtysst
03-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Duckett has no elusiveness in short space...he's a straight line Stacey Mack style runner. He will never amount to more than a short yardage guy imo.

Do you think that this does not negate the possibility of the Lions taking AP? We know in the NFL its better to have a 2 back system than a 1 and with AP and Kevin sharing the load it reduces the possibility of either wearing out or getting hurt. Your thoughts, sir?

thunderkyss
03-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Do you think that this does not negate the possibility of the Lions taking AP? We know in the NFL its better to have a 2 back system than a 1 and with AP and Kevin sharing the load it reduces the possibility of either wearing out or getting hurt. Your thoughts, sir?

I think we see so many 2 back systems, because there aren't that many guys who can do it all. Once a team has that guy, they usually go to a one back system. Even though LT & Alexander have back-ups who look good in limited play, they are "one back" systems. As soon as Denver finds the one guy who can do it all, they will have a one back system. Same with Dallas. They've been trying to get either of those guys to be the guy, but neither of them fit the role.

If you have one guy who can do it all, your unpredictability goes out the roof, which will change the entire look of your offense.