PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Superbowl predictions...

baba ganoush
03-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Just because of what both teams did last year, I think the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Jets will be in the Superbowl...

Any of yall have early predictions...and please be realistic...

Titan "Tack" Fan
03-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Tennessee Titans v. New Orleans Saints

(I only say that because those are my two favorite teams, but hey, it's possible)

Ole Miss Texan
03-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Just because of what both teams did last year, I think the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Jets will be in the Superbowl...

Any of yall have early predictions...and please be realistic...

Those are great pics..imo.

AFC-NE is my pick for '07. I think the Jets are a team that are really heading in the right direction...at this point they aren't a favorite i wouldn't think but i'm with you baba...i could see the jets. oakland is a team that sux now but after 2 FA periods and 2 drafts...i think they'll be in the playoffs in '08 and could upset some teams. all they need is help on the O-side.
2008- Jets..Raiders

NFC- NFC is a toughy..i guess it's just cuz i like the afc teams better. again though baba i'm with you on the 49'ers. another team that sux now but could be really good in 2 years is the cardinals...all they really need is o-line and D help.
2008- 49'ers..Cardinals

TexanSam
03-13-2007, 11:59 PM
New York Jets vs New Orleans Saints

mexican_texan
03-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Texans vs. Giants

BleedTheBurntOrange
03-14-2007, 12:09 AM
New England VS. Atlanta

Please_Evolve
03-14-2007, 12:26 AM
Philadelphia and Denver.

In losing Stallworth i think they'll draft the speedy Meachem to pair up with Brown and emerging third receiver Baskett. Taht formsa pretty good corps to pair with Westbrook, LJ. Smith for a healthy McNabb. Jeavon Kearse will be back next year and both Cb's should be healthy to at least start the season off.

Darkhorse : Carolina

I think Cutler gives Denver enough to not only top the playoff hurdle next year but the ability to go all the way. He's a year more prepared and added Travis Henry to the backfield and Daniel Grahmn as well. Solidified their secondary with the Bly Acquisition...assuming he smartly stays. The offense held them back last year but the D was one of the best.

Darkhorse: not that you can call New England one...but they reloaded big time this offseason.

Ole Miss Texan
03-14-2007, 12:31 AM
Philadelphia and Denver.

In losing Stallworth i think they'll draft the speedy Meachem to pair up with Brown and emerging third receiver Baskett. Taht formsa pretty good corps to pair with Westbrook, LJ. Smith for a healthy McNabb. Jeavon Kearse will be back next year and both Cb's should be healthy to at least start the season off.

Darkhorse : Carolina

I think Cutler gives Denver enough to not only top the playoff hurdle next year but the ability to go all the way. He's a year more prepared and added Travis Henry to the backfield and Daniel Grahmn as well. Solidified their secondary with the Bly Acquisition...assuming he smartly stays. The offense held them back last year but the D was one of the best.

Darkhorse: not that you can call New England one...but they reloaded big time this offseason.

I like the Denver as Cutler matures in the nfl...scary team..esp with champ and bly on D.

New England again is my fav. for next season...adalius thomas will be crazy...plus they have 2 first rders this year which could really help them...they got asanti samuel for one last year too..better make that count.

kiwitexansfan
03-14-2007, 12:55 AM
I think NE is going to be scary good this year, they were close last year and really retooled so far this off season with two 1st rounders to come.

As for the NFC, I think it could be anyone.

If I had to put my neck out I think the Saints could be the team to watch. Brees is probably the class of the QB's in the NFC and he has weapons a plenty and if they can add a few defensive pieces watch out.

TexansLucky13
03-14-2007, 01:15 AM
Texans vs. 49ers.

:)

Stros5Texans80
03-14-2007, 05:33 AM
Patriots vs. Falcons. I think Vick will finally have a year where he benefits his team's overall progress and not himself.

Darkhorse SB Chargers vs. Panthers.

DarkNinja
03-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Tennessee Titans v. New Orleans Saints

(I only say that because those are my two favorite teams, but hey, it's possible)

I totally agree with you:snobord:

Huge
03-14-2007, 10:07 AM
New England from the AFC - One game from the Super Bowl this past season and have improved their team more than any other AFC team so far.

Dallas from the NFC - Straight homer pick. Don't feel great about their chances but don't feel great about any of the teams from the NFC so why not?

gwallaia
03-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Chargers-Eagles

crunk-juice
03-14-2007, 01:17 PM
i am shocked any of you would say the 49ers, worst prediction ever.

Ole Miss Texan
03-14-2007, 01:56 PM
i am shocked any of you would say the 49ers, worst prediction ever.

I think in two years they will be real good. They are going to have two very good cb's in harris and now clements. they have threats on offense in battle, davis, and gore...we'll see what they do in the draft but cap wise they are heads above most teams...they are going to keep on trucking FA wise next year too...lance briggs anybody?

jlam
03-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Those are great pics..imo.

AFC-NE is my pick for '07. I think the Jets are a team that are really heading in the right direction...at this point they aren't a favorite i wouldn't think but i'm with you baba...i could see the jets. oakland is a team that sux now but after 2 FA periods and 2 drafts...i think they'll be in the playoffs in '08 and could upset some teams. all they need is help on the O-side.
2008- Jets..Raiders

NFC- NFC is a toughy..i guess it's just cuz i like the afc teams better. again though baba i'm with you on the 49'ers. another team that sux now but could be really good in 2 years is the cardinals...all they really need is o-line and D help.
2008- 49'ers..Cardinals

I'm with you in the AFC on the Pats. Stallworth and Welker as better targets for Brady, good line play, adding A. Thomas, getting back R. Harrison, keeping A. Samuel, another year of experience and increased playing time for Maroney, AND two first round draft picks?? Get the hell outta here.

In the NFC, the Cardinals have been the "sleeper" pick by many pundits for so many straight years now, I would think they're officially in a coma. That said, with some improved O-line play, I could see their offense make some definite strides this year. I'm going to put my homerism aside for a second and state that, even though they lost T. Jones, I think that the Bears are the team to beat in the NFC until they start losing pieces to the defense (the offense already sucked, and they still won).

AFC - New England Patriots

NFC - New Orleans Saints (I said "for a second"... :) )

Trap_Star
03-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Bengals Vs. Saints....

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Colts v. Chicago....Colts win again

MightyTExan
03-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Pats. vs. Saints

Ole Miss Texan
03-14-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm retarded. The 2008 superbowl is in like 11 months. I was thinking after the 2008 season...my forward thinking and optimism always gets me in trouble...the downfalls of being a texan fan..always looking towards next year.

I'll go with New England vs. New Orleans for next years Superbowl..('08..lol)

Sco-tai
03-14-2007, 05:20 PM
I think the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Jets will be in the Superbowl...
...and please be realistic...

A request for REALISM from the guy who picked 49ers & the Jets. hahah :laughjump:

I think the team might be predicted by ESPN and the "experts" would be NEW ENGLAND or INDY for the AFC. The NFC has a few more question marks. New Orleans looks good as does Phili (with a healthy McNabb). And Seattle and Carolina could be strong if they stay healthy in the RB department.

But MY picks are Cincinatti (if they can stay outta jail) and St. Louis (I know they were 8-8...but they finished strong and I really like their systerm for that group of players).

:drunk: ( I know.......these are as easily discounted as the Jets & 49ers. D'oh :homer: )

Heath Shuler
03-14-2007, 06:01 PM
New England V Seattle

Showtime100
03-15-2007, 02:39 AM
Colts v. Chicago....Colts win again

I can't imagine Chicago getting out of the first round next year.

GoPats
03-16-2007, 11:09 AM
2008 is dang near impossible to predict... with two full seasons to go, anything can happen.

But for '07, I like a New England vs. New Orleans match-up. The Pats have reloaded like never before, and are clearly on a mission. New Orleans should only get better after last year.

TEXANS84
03-16-2007, 11:17 AM
2008 is dang near impossible to predict... with two full seasons to go, anything can happen.

But for '07, I like a New England vs. New Orleans match-up. The Pats have reloaded like never before, and are clearly on a mission. New Orleans should only get better after last year.

I'd have to agree with Pats here. They've completely reloaded, and the Saints should still be strong.

powerfuldragon
03-16-2007, 11:22 AM
New England/San Diego Vs. New Orleans/Philly

kastofsna
03-16-2007, 11:36 AM
49ers?? they gotta be at least a year away.

NFC - Dallas Cowboys. i think that defense is primed and ready to explode and dominate in the fashion that they can.
AFC - Miami Dolphins. because i said so.

freedoggy77
03-16-2007, 12:14 PM
COWBOYS VS PATRIOTS
Super Bolw 42 (08)

and if we draft Landry and Blalock/Kalil in the second as well as more O-Line and D needs in latter rounds, plus again in 08

TEXANS VS SAINTS
Super Bowl 43 (09)

Ryan
03-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Chargers vs. Saints

GoPats
03-16-2007, 12:50 PM
I actually would have picked the Chargers over the Pats if they hadn't lost their entire coaching staff. That could set them back quite a bit, but you never know. They probably should have gone this year, but... you know... Marty.

Ole Miss Texan
03-16-2007, 01:29 PM

that's what i was thinking....but the 2007 superbowl already happend and the colts won...

2008 will be the next superbowl...(not the 2008 season's superbowl) lol i was confused too.

GoPats
03-16-2007, 01:54 PM
that's what i was thinking....but the 2007 superbowl already happend and the colts won...

2008 will be the next superbowl...(not the 2008 season's superbowl) lol i was confused too.

Yeah, it's kind of messed up... I thought the original post was the SB after the 2008 season, but now I have no clue either way! (Which is pretty much standard operating procedure for me.)

Ryan
03-16-2007, 02:00 PM
I actually would have picked the Chargers over the Pats if they hadn't lost their entire coaching staff. That could set them back quite a bit, but you never know. They probably should have gone this year, but... you know... Marty.

Schottenheimer set up the chargers well. All the new coach has to do is not screw anything up. Kind of like Jon Gruden's Super Bowl year.