MOCK 2 (Quinn is available at 8)
1- Brady Quinn QB
2- Sidney Rice WR
3- Michael Johnson FS
4- Paul Soliai DT
5- Doug Datish C
6- Tarell Brown CB
7- Daniel Sepulveda P

which do you prefer? i somewhat prefer the first one b/c I'm not the biggest Quinn fan but I know if he is available at 8 the Texans will easily take him and I know it's a possibilty Kalil isn't available in the second so I completely overhauled the rest of it.

freedoggy77
03-14-2007, 12:04 PM
bump

real
03-14-2007, 12:08 PM
I think that's too high for Sidney Rice at this point.

I see him as a mid to late first rounder with the recent emergence of some other recievers.

Honestly I don't see how we don't pick up our future starting CB in the second. I think they'll be some good ones available at that point.

bigbrewster2000
03-14-2007, 12:54 PM
I think that's too high for Sidney Rice at this point.

I see him as a mid to late first rounder with the recent emergence of some other recievers.

Honestly I don't see how we don't pick up our future starting CB in the second. I think they'll be some good ones available at that point.

Are you saying too high for Sidney Rice as in he will not be there for us in the 2nd? And I agree that should be a good CB prospect in the 2nd and even the 3rd. But I would like us to take one in the 2nd also.

real
03-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Are you saying too high for Sidney Rice as in he will not be there for us in the 2nd? And I agree that should be a good CB prospect in the 2nd and even the 3rd. But I would like us to take one in the 2nd also.

I'm saying I wouldn't personally take Sidney Rice that high because I think some better WR's will be available. But thats JMO.

I'm not saying he isn't worth the pick. I honestly don't know. I'm just saying that I think we can do better.

And I think we can get a 1st rd. caliber corner with that pick in the second.

htownfoozball
03-14-2007, 04:01 PM
if you're gonna wait til the 3rd to take a FS, you better take a CB in the 2nd. sollai isnt what we're looking for at DT. we need a mobile guy who can rush the passer and move around.

1 quinn QB
2 eric wright CB
3 michael johnson FS
4 mike walker WR
5 datish/henderson/hall/barbre/frye OT
6 clifton ryan DT

id be pretty happy with that draft, but we still need to upgrade at DE and DT.

CoachJim
03-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Look at thishttp://www.thefootballexpert.com/buresmockdraft.html mock ... they have JaMarcus Russell fallin to us at 8 believe it or not.

freedoggy77
03-15-2007, 12:53 AM
I REALLY DO NOT WANT JAMARCUS RUSSELL IN A TEXANS UNIFORM. He may have an incredible arm but he is very questionable otherwise. I think the main reson they were so good is thanks to all the talent around him...and the DEFENSE with my man Landry

cj5776
03-15-2007, 01:04 AM
The mock draft on the barnes and noble thread rocks

threetoedpete
03-15-2007, 01:49 AM

I agree with XT. And that doesn't happen very often. If you're looking for someone to bump Walters in training camp, you'd be much better off looking in the third round for a guy that matches the WCO WR. Over six one...200 pounds or better, 4.5 or better, and can block very very well with agression and attitude. Wanna to send Rice on the nine route every play he'd work. Got to get him off the line and on time for his patterns. There will be a learning curve with Rice on that. He's raw. Even if he's there, he's not a good fit for what we do here.