PDA

View Full Version : Titans sign Harper

TEXANS84
03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
The Titans have agreed to terms with cornerback Nick Harper from the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts.

Harper visited the Titans last week, and his agent has been in discussions with Titans General Manager Mike Reinfelt in recent days.

Agent Ian Greengross confirmed the deal, which is for three years. Financial terms of the contract weren’t immediately available.

Harper recorded three interceptions while starting for the Colts last season.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070313/SPORTS01/70313070

HuttoKarl
03-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Pretty nice pickup, especially with PacMan's felon status up in the air.

Ole Miss Texan
03-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I was gonna say ...looks doubtful they'd draft a CB in the 1st but I forgot about Pacman.....

Silver Oak
03-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Solid CB from what I read, but a few years past his prime and has had a history of injury problems.

El Tejano
03-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I wanted this guy in FA. I wanted to steal someone from Indy to help us continue to beat Indy. The Titans did exactly that. Now we still have to face this guy twice a year.

infantrycak
03-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Solid CB from what I read, but a few years past his prime and has had a history of injury problems.

26 is now a few years past your prime?

He's an OK zone guy who they better not put in man on AJ. The Colts have been looking to upgrade him for several years.

Mr teX
03-14-2007, 03:29 PM

He's an OK zone guy who they better not put in man on AJ. The Colts have been looking to upgrade him for several years.

Tenn likes to play man b/c that's what Pacman is good at.

Mr teX
03-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Fisher has a long history of man defense....he leaves his defenders on an island most of the time.....and has do so well before Pacman ever got there.

I believe u, but i guess i was wanting to know why they would sign a guy who is supposedly good in zone? Maybe Planning for the departure of Pacman?

El Tejano
03-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I believe u, but i guess i was wanting to know why they would sign a guy who is supposedly good in zone? Maybe Planning for the departure of Pacman?

Simple, he played for a division rival at a high level. Notice how Indy started winning when he came back? He was a big plus for the defense.

Mr teX
03-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Simple, he played for a division rival at a high level. Notice how Indy started winning when he came back? He was a big plus for the defense.

I think you're thinking of Bob Sanders, not Nick Harper.

Silver Oak
03-14-2007, 04:07 PM

Just relaying what I read.

crunk-juice
03-14-2007, 04:49 PM
he sucks at man coverage, and cant hit an open field tackle to save his life. works well with the colts, but i dont think he'll be great with the titans

blockhead83
03-14-2007, 08:45 PM

He's 32, as seen
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/223763
there. So yea, I'd say he's a few years past his prime. Is this the same guy who was tackled in the open field by Ben Roethlisberger in the AFC Championship a few years ago?

Stros5Texans80
03-14-2007, 08:47 PM
He's 32, as seen
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/223763
there. So yea, I'd say he's a few years past his prime. Is this the same guy who was tackled in the open field by Ben Roethlisberger in the AFC Championship a few years ago?

With the room he had, I was surprised he couldn't get past Ben. :elmo: