PDA

View Full Version : Worst Case Scenario?

Allstar
03-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Who do you think we would draft in this scenario?

Oak- Jamarcus Russell

Det- Brady Quinn

Cle- Adrian Peterson

Tam- Calvin Johnson

Ari- Joe Thomas

Was- Gaines Adams

Min- LaRon Landry

In my opinion, I believe this is the worst situation we could be put in. I would want go with Reggie Nelson, but I'm not sure if his stock is high enough for us to pick him. Maybe we could trade down, but with who?

threetoedpete
03-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Well got your choice of Both highly rated d-line guys. Move down and take the Best CB/FS prospect.

Take Levi Brown and for SURE solve RT for ten years...at worst. At best...his long arms, quick feet and big powerful caboose, makes up a lot of the poor forty time. And in this system, he becomes a monster OLT and we actually get see a QB get off a seven step drop pass patern. That would be something completly different , wouldn't it ?

kastofsna
03-13-2007, 03:02 PM
nelson or brown. can't go wrong with either.

JCTexan
03-13-2007, 03:34 PM
I'd be happy with any of these four: Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown or Reggie Nelson, but if we're going to take Nelson I would want to trade down.

BleedTheBurntOrange
03-13-2007, 03:37 PM
If we take leon hall i will cry i saw in mel kipers latest mock he has him going to us

jus the idea of hall gives me thought of him getting burnt over and over

no thank you

rickyb
03-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Okoye or Brown.

Okoye -- there are only so many double-teams an O-line can put on.
Brown -- addresses a position of need
Nelson, Hall, Anderson -- not sure of the value at #8.

All that said, maybe Lynch's stock rises to the point where the phone rings, and we see about sliding back a bit to still pick up either Brown or Nelson.

Ole Miss Texan
03-13-2007, 04:39 PM
I think we take Alan Branch, Jamaal Anderson, or Amobi Okoye.

Whoever is rated highest on our board at that point...we'd take.

I don't know who we'd have up top but i think all or most would be higher than lynch, brown, and nelson.

Personally I'd like to see Okoye...but my guess would be..

The Texans would select Alan Branch for DT.

DenverBorn
03-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Generally I would say trade down here as the talent level at 8-15 is pretty even, IMO. Except the last time we did that, we passed on Jamaal brown and Derrick Johnson, and ended up with a slug.

threetoedpete
03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Generally I would say trade down here as the talent level at 8-15 is pretty even, IMO. Except the last time we did that, we passed on Jamaal brown and Derrick Johnson, and ended up with a slug.

Jabba the Hut ?

kiwitexansfan
03-13-2007, 06:18 PM
If that is the worst case we're in good shape to get a good prospect.

Nelson, Okoye, Anderson... all guys who can make an impact I would think.

HomeBred_Texan
03-13-2007, 06:44 PM
If that is the worst case we're in good shape to get a good prospect.

Nelson, Okoye, Anderson... all guys who can make an impact I would think.

Yeppers, I would say so....

whiskeyrbl
03-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Okoye or maybe trade down for additional picks.

freedoggy77
03-13-2007, 09:33 PM
if this is the way the draft goes I would come mighty close to tears. however I would take one of these guys: Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown, Reggie Nelson or Alan Branch. or else trade down with Buffalo/Green Bay

Vinny
03-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Jamaal Anderson is the no brainer pick here....young bookend pass rushers for the D for years and years.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Okoye or maybe trade down for additional picks.

If there is nothing we want here, who would want to trade up?? & for whom would they be trading up for??

Ole Miss Texan
03-13-2007, 10:08 PM
If there is nothing we want here, who would want to trade up?? & for whom would they be trading up for??

You are in the same thinking as me..
That's the thing I don't get about when people say "if player X isn't there we trade down". Now it's true that some teams will like a different player than us but face it...If adrian Peterson is there at 8...we will find a trading partner easier than if he's not. I know what people are saying when they say that sort of thing but if you really want to trade down...you better hope a really big stud falls to you and you will get more compensation for him.

DenverBorn
03-13-2007, 10:15 PM

Well New Orleans traded for Jamaal Brown, who we didn't deem to be good enough to pick. Oh yeah, he was the All-Pro left tackle in 2006. So someone will think they are smarter than the Texans (good bet) and trade into the 8 spot.

AtheGreat
03-14-2007, 12:21 AM
brown or branch would be the only options. john henderson 2.0 or a solution to a Oline in need of help. i'd hope it wouldn't come down to this though.

thunderkyss
03-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Well New Orleans traded for Jamaal Brown, who we didn't deem to be good enough to pick. Oh yeah, he was the All-Pro left tackle in 2006. So someone will think they are smarter than the Texans (good bet) and trade into the 8 spot.

I'm just asking to get an idea of who our trading partner would be....... & whether what kind of extra pick we'd get.

Texian
03-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Easy, Jamaal Anderson - Babin is the only DE opposite MW, Weaver is not a DE who can pressure the QB, Weaver is more efective as a DT. Okoye and Branch cannot pressure the QB like Anderson.

bigbrewster2000
03-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Who do you think we would draft in this scenario?

Oak- Jamarcus Russell

Det- Brady Quinn

Cle- Adrian Peterson

Tam- Calvin Johnson

Ari- Joe Thomas

Was- Gaines Adams

Min- LaRon Landry

In my opinion, I believe this is the worst situation we could be put in. I would want go with Reggie Nelson, but I'm not sure if his stock is high enough for us to pick him. Maybe we could trade down, but with who?

You say it's the worse case scenario yet we still have Levi Brown as an option as well as several Defesive linemen so I would say that we are in pretty good shape regardless of what happens in front of us.