PDA

View Full Version : Odd that Carr hasn't been moved?

Pages : [1] 2

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 03:16 PM
You'd think that with all the "great" reporting by McClain, Justice and Cold Pizza last week that Carr would have been moved by now. Isn't this funny? So much for the insight that these guys have. Can anyone tell me what these guys have reported on that has come true?

My bet is that the Texans were trying to coax Carr into restructuring his contract (ala AJ) and he wouldn't budge. Hence a rumor was started that he will be traded and/or Plummer will come in and that Quinn is our highest priority in the draft, just to shake Carr's stance a little and that the intention all along was for him to be the Quarterback at a reduced price.

Makes me wonder.

Vinny
03-13-2007, 03:18 PM
an average QB paid superstar money? Not a mystery why he is still here. John McClain has nothing to do with that. No way they extend him for more years....I can't see that at all.

freedoggy77
03-13-2007, 03:19 PM
john mcclain is a retard and looks/sounds like he's about to have a heart attack. just look him up on youtube.. "grunt...I'm...here....with....UH QB...Kevin Kolb....my...mancrush"

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 03:32 PM
an average QB paid superstar money? Not a mystery why he is still here. John McClain has nothing to do with that. No way they extend him for more years....I can't see that at all.

I was specifically talking about the "rumor" going around last week that Carr was to be traded. It lit this place like a wild fire and yet there is no fire, but plenty of smoke.

And don't act like they just can't get rid of high priced players, the Texans are notorious in doing that. Do you want examples?

Vinny
03-13-2007, 03:36 PM
I was specifically talking about the "rumor" going around last week that Carr was to be traded. It lit this place like a wild fire and yet there is no fire, but plenty of smoke.

And don't act like they just can't get rid of high priced players, the Texans are notorious in doing that. Do you want examples?I never said they couldn't get rid of him....my whole take this off-season is the fact that they are trying hard to replace him. To me, that is obvious.

Nicky Santoro
03-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Carr will be gone soon enough. Remember: Patience is a virtue.

Texas_Thrill
03-13-2007, 03:42 PM
I never said they couldn't get rid of him....my whole take this off-season is the fact that they are trying hard to replace him. To me, that is obvious.

I'm not convinced YET they want to move him. He's been might quiet that's for sure so to me it seems as if he thinks he's gone but as it stands i'm still not convinced the FO will find anything better or even equal to him to bring in.

dirty steve
I never said they couldn't get rid of him....my whole take this off-season is the fact that they are trying hard to replace him. To me, that is obvious.
-rick smith admits openly they are listening to offers.
-they go hard after jeff garcia, to probably be the starter.
-there have been strong reports that the only reason plummer isn't here is the draft compensation wasnt agreed to by the Texans. Plummer has said himself he would want to be the starter wherever he ends up.
-at least one player has come out and cracked him publicly.

you just dont do stuff like that if you are planning on keeping DC as your starter. that's why there needs to be change, there is just no chance for #8 to succeed, and the FO hasn't exactly come out and given a strong vote of confidence other than rick smith saying "#8's our QB, for now..." i think this forum would melt down if something were to actually happen.

real

And don't act like they just can't get rid of high priced players, the Texans are notorious in doing that. Do you want examples?

I can't see the reasoning behind actively going after a QB to try and convince Carr to lower his contract...

That would make it even harder to bring back a guy, who you've sat down and asked to take a pay cut....He refuses....And then to threaten him by courting various QBs ?

To me that seems like it'd make the situation even more stickier....

That'd be like asking your wife of 5yrs if she'd like an "open" relationship, she refuses, and says just divorce me....You then taunt her by bringing other women around trying to force her into an "open" relationship...

The relationship is ruined...there's no making up from that without serious counseling...

You don't think that would cause even more tension ?

mexican_texan
03-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Draft-day trade.

Spike
03-13-2007, 03:44 PM
I have been thinking the same thing. There are certain things that I have read in the Chronicle that makes it seem like Carr being traded is simply a foregone conclusion, although no one every provides real facts to back-up this conclusion. It seems to me like the new front office may be creating this speculation to either disguise their intentions in the draft and/or drum up perceived interest in certiain players to create value....that, or I am just spending too much time on these message boards.

In my mind, our front office has set a value for Carr and is not willing to move from this value. That being said, I don't think that we are done exploring all available options and as the draft moves closer new opportunities will arise.
It would not surprise me to see a draft day transaction that moves Carr and draft picks.

All the speculation is what makes the off-season so much fun.

TheRealJoker
03-13-2007, 03:44 PM
I think he's most likely going to be moved on the day of the draft...hopefully day 1.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 03:52 PM
-there have been strong reports that the only reason plummer isn't here is the draft compensation wasnt agreed to by the Texans. Plummer has said himself he would want to be the starter wherever he ends up.

you just dont do stuff like that if you are planning on keeping DC as your starter. that's why there needs to be change, there is just no chance for #8 to succeed, and the FO hasn't exactly come out and given a strong vote of confidence other than rick smith saying "#8's our QB, for now..." i think this forum would melt down if something were to actually happen.

Preaching to the choir my man. I've been saying the same. Too much vitriole to make a happy year next year. Could not agree more. I think it will be a draft day thing. I also think that it is crazy to assume Plummer's retirement is perm.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 03:58 PM
-they go hard after jeff garcia, to probably be the starter.They went after him, but obviously not too hard. If the Texans were serious about changing Carr out, they would have paid for another starting QB.
-there have been strong reports that the only reason plummer isn't here is the draft compensation wasnt agreed to by the Texans. Plummer has said himself he would want to be the starter wherever he ends up.could be that the Texans couldn't say he was the starter or not. Once again, they would have paid to have another QB, not just wing it going into preseason.
-at least one player has come out and cracked him publicly.Carr won't be cracking on Dunta for his whole 2 int's last year, he's kinda got a little class. It's a team game.

you just dont do stuff like that if you are planning on keeping DC as your starter. that's why there needs to be change, there is just no chance for #8 to succeed, and the FO hasn't exactly come out and given a strong vote of confidence other than rick smith saying "#8's our QB, for now..." i think this forum would melt down if something were to actually happen.They did re-sign him last season, so there is your vote of confidence.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 04:01 PM
I have been thinking the same thing. There are certain things that I have read in the Chronicle that makes it seem like Carr being traded is simply a foregone conclusion, although no one every provides real facts to back-up this conclusion. It seems to me like the new front office may be creating this speculation to either disguise their intentions in the draft and/or drum up perceived interest in certiain players to create value....that, or I am just spending too much time on these message boards.

In my mind, our front office has set a value for Carr and is not willing to move from this value. That being said, I don't think that we are done exploring all available options and as the draft moves closer new opportunities will arise.
It would not surprise me to see a draft day transaction that moves Carr and draft picks.

All the speculation is what makes the off-season so much fun.I agree, I think that almost everyone on this team can be had for a set price. If a reporter is asking the question specifically about Carr then sure the answer is yes, we entertain offers on Carr. It wouldn't surpise me either if they pulled a draft day deal for Carr, teams will be a little less conservative at that point and Finally some else can get Casserliezed.

Texan_Bill
03-13-2007, 04:02 PM
john mcclain is a retard and looks/sounds like he's about to have a heart attack. just look him up on youtube.. "grunt...I'm...here....with....UH QB...Kevin Kolb....my...mancrush"

He does at least get to work with Anna-Megan.. but I agree with you on his man-crushes... Vince last year, and as you mention Kevin Kolb this year..

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Carr won't be cracking on Dunta for his whole 2 int's last year, he's kinda got a little class. .

Dunta probably said what alot of the team wanted to. Have you seen anyone since then come out and challenge what he said?Maybe a bad move but one that needed to be said. By the way, guys like PacMan and Jammer only had 4 ints and Vasher had 2 I believe. Not all good dbs get ints.

Despite your comments above, not everyone is available for the right price. AJ and others would not be touched. If you are the QB, you have a vote of confidence or not...you aren't left in the air.

Malloy
03-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Draft-day trade.

I agree, it's smelling like that right now. Then again, so much stuff can happen, but if I HAD to put money on this whole Carr thing, my bet would be draft day.

I'll rather see him leave tomorrow though, that would result in an instant guinness-fest, and I feel like drinking :)

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 04:04 PM

To understand what the Texans are doing with Carr right now, one only has to look back one year to the Titans for reference. It is the same exact thing except there isnt as much of an uproar because McNair had delivered for the Titans (superbowl, playoffs, conference championship games, etc.) and Carr has yet to deliver anything of note for the Texans. And the fact that the Texans are reportedly being shrewd isn't a problem for me either. They should hold out for as long as possible.

The Texans are trying to get as much as possible for Carr and who can blame them? Carr has over 70 career NFL starts. Carr has some of the tools that a NFL GM looks for. He is without doubt the 2nd best QB that is currently on the trading block and would come much cheaper (both in picks and contract) than Trent Green, the #1 QB on the trading block. I FULLY support them getting anything they can for Carr and I fully support them waiting until the last minute (June cap deadline) to do so. I am fine with Sage as our starter and we will be able to peruse the June cap casualty list for a backup or possible competition in camp (Plummer, Garcia, Simms, Kitna, etc.) I would have no problem letting Sage getting a chance. I think he has earned it and AJ and him have been working out a lot together this offseason. That makes me smile as a Texans fan.

I wish Carr the best wherever he goes (as long as its NFC of course) and actually think there are a few spots where he may have a chance to resurrect his career but its not gonna be with the Texans.

To sum up: IMHO He won't be traded until the last few days before the June cap deadline ala McNair. If there are no takers, he will be June cap casualty.

wrestler4life
03-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I think that we can speculate all we want, but until it actually happens, DC is our starter and we need to get over it.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I can't see the reasoning behind actively going after a QB to try and convince Carr to lower his contract...

Happens all the time. Take a pay cut or else get cut. Then the pressure is on the player to get more money in free agency....if he gets a contract at all. If he gets a contract that is lower than what the original team had offered in their pay cut, the player doesn't make out as well. Of course they could inevitably cut him anyways if they have another route to pursue.

beerlover
03-13-2007, 04:07 PM
I agree, it's smelling like that right now. Then again, so much stuff can happen, but if I HAD to put money on this whole Carr thing, my bet would be draft day.

I'll rather see him leave tomorrow though, that would result in an instant guinness-fest, and I feel like drinking :)

don't forget to mix beer w/food, some water too :drool: & its on :toast2:

mamoo
03-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Carr won't be traded until the week of the draft or on draft day if they can get something for him. Don't be surprised if he lasts longer than that though. He could still be here by the time mini camps start. They want the most they can get for him.

Pretty much the man in charge Mr. McNair has to sign off on Carr being moved. So it's up to Kubiak and Smith to prove there's a better option.

From what I've heard, Carr and his family know as much as we know about what will happen. The Texans haven't been talking to him and are progressing as if Carr will be the starter next year. I don't think that will happen, but I also thought the Texans were drafting Reggie Bush last year. They will do what they think gives them the best chance to win... regardless how you, i or anyone else feels.

MojoX
Preaching to the choir my man. I've been saying the same. Too much vitriole to make a happy year next year. Could not agree more. I think ti will be a draft day thing. I also think that it is crazy to assume Plummer's retirement is perm.

I think the vitriol has been coming from the Chronicle writers (McClain & Justice) more than it has been coming from the Texans. The Chronicle has consistently taken every official thing the Texans have said and blown it up with the addition of innuendo and personal opinion while not distinguishing fiction from fact. To top it off, most other outlets are really citing the Chronicle when they report a "Carr is gonna be traded" rumor.

Anyway, what I have seen this offseason is the team taking off the kid gloves when it comes to dealing with Carr. They seem to be trying to make it clear that they will try to improve the QB position and if Carr is still here, it is because he is the better option.

I also think that if Carr is traded, it is more likely to go down on draft day.

infantrycak
Despite your comments above, not everyone is available for the right price.

Yes they are--see Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis. Bailey inarguably was more well accomplished at his position when traded than AJ to date. The main reason big trades don't get made is because the cap restricts them to happening in the last couple years of a contract or the hit is far too big. If a month ago Indy had called wanting to trade AJ for Manning, we would be talking about how to trade up for Calvin Johnson right now.

infantrycak
03-13-2007, 04:09 PM
He could still be here by the time mini camps start. They want the most they can get for him.

There are very few trades post-draft.

wrestler4life
03-13-2007, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=Second Honeymoon;625750]I think he has earned it and AJ and him have been working out a lot together this offseason. That makes me smile as a Texans fan.[QUOTE]

How has he earned this?
He has sat on the sidelines for almost the entire season, and played sparingly, doing well in one outing.
I think you guys are putting way to much faith in Sage, just in the interest of seeing something new.
I think we might be hearing a little Cinderella....
"Don't know what you got, till its gone..."

real
03-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Happens all the time. Take a pay cut or else get cut. Then the pressure is on the player to get more money in free agency....if he gets a contract at all. If he gets a contract that is lower than what the original team had offered in their pay cut, the player doesn't make out as well.

How many times do you think this has happened and the player wins ?

Meaning, he comes back under his same contract ?

Normally when that happens(Jamal Lewis), or any other contract dispute for that matter, the team is basically saying take a cut, or we are going to get rid of you....They aren't sayin please take a pay cut, but if you don't want to it's cool....

I don't see how this helps your argument that it's all smoke and mirrors.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 04:12 PM
They did re-sign him last season, so there is your vote of confidence.

Umm, you are wrong. Casserley and McNair resigned Carr. Kubiak and Smith had nothing to do with the extension. Kubiak gave him a vote of confidence when he got hired but that was part and parcel of accepting the job. Carr was already resigned. Smith wasn't even in the picture at this time.

but keep praying that Carr is back with the Texans. Maybe once he is dealt/pickedup by another team you can follow him to that team's forums as you have always been more of a Carr fan than a Texans fan. Something tells me your schoolboy crush on Carr wont be missed.....

real
03-13-2007, 04:15 PM
SES I hope you're right. I hope they did ask him to take a pay cut.

Because that'd mean, either he's coming back at a reduced rate(which I still don't like, but can live with), or he's going to be somewhere else...

Not that I believe any of this, because I think he's already gone. I just think they're waiting on the right time to go through with it.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 04:16 PM

love your avatar, Dirty Steve. sadly, pretty much all the Oilers are selling out left and right...I can't think of any that havent

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Happens all the time. Take a pay cut or else get cut. Then the pressure is on the player to get more money in free agency....if he gets a contract at all. If he gets a contract that is lower than what the original team had offered in their pay cut, the player doesn't make out as well. Of course they could inevitably cut him anyways if they have another route to pursue.

Except he isn't a free agent and the management holds the cards. Why would you want to play for a team where they hold you hostage and where teammates aren't exactly rallying around you?Again, we are both better off apart.

dirty steve
03-13-2007, 04:19 PM
love your avatar, Dirty Steve. sadly, pretty much all the Oilers are selling out left and right...I can't think of any that havent
nice to see you and i agree on something. it just really ticked me off that moon was honored in a city where he NEVER played professionally. get honored in seattle, minneapolis, houston, kansas city. nashville just doesnt make any sense.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I think that we can speculate all we want, but until it actually happens, DC is our starter and we need to get over it.

I think Sage is already our starter as it sits right now.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Draft-day trade.

Agreed

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes they are--see Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis. Bailey inarguably was more well accomplished at his position when traded than AJ to date. The main reason big trades don't get made is because the cap restricts them to happening in the last couple years of a contract or the hit is far too big. If a month ago Indy had called wanting to trade AJ for Manning, we would be talking about how to trade up for Calvin Johnson right now.

Agree completely and thus I think they are untouchable. I am not being rude about management but I don't think this organization, at this juncture, has the balls to try something like that. We don't have what alot of people want and at least the ones we do have, we know their value.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
There are very few trades post-draft.

very very few. everyone's cap space has been eaten up at this point..unless you have a rookie GM running the show like the Titans do...they are screwed

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
How many times do you think this has happened and the player wins ?

Meaning, he comes back under his same contract ?

Normally when that happens(Jamal Lewis), or any other contract dispute for that matter, the team is basically saying take a cut, or we are going to get rid of you....They aren't sayin please take a pay cut, but if you don't want to it's cool....

I don't see how this helps your argument that it's all smoke and mirrors.I don't know how many times, but it does happen. Usually a player will take a cut somewhere to help out the team restructure it's cap space. If not then if a replacement can be obtained they will let the player go outright. The play can then resign with the team at a lower salary if there are no hard feelings and it's just business or the player will test the free agency market.

like the poster said previously, they are approaching the QB positions without kid gloves. My point was how careless the media is in reporting "true" news and not going off on their own agenda because they wanted Vince Young.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 04:27 PM
nice to see you and i agree on something. it just really ticked me off that moon was honored in a city where he NEVER played professionally. get honored in seattle, minneapolis, houston, kansas city. nashville just doesnt make any sense.

yeah, i am a cantankerous fart sometimes.

its just Bud being Bud. they have banners of players that have never played there. i think even Earl has been honored there, that is pure sacrilege.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Umm, you are wrong. Casserley and McNair resigned Carr. Kubiak and Smith had nothing to do with the extension. Kubiak gave him a vote of confidence when he got hired but that was part and parcel of accepting the job. Carr was already resigned. Smith wasn't even in the picture at this time.

but keep praying that Carr is back with the Texans. Maybe once he is dealt/pickedup by another team you can follow him to that team's forums as you have always been more of a Carr fan than a Texans fan. Something tells me your schoolboy crush on Carr wont be missed.....
Ummmm, wrong. Casserly and McNair re-signed Carr based on Kubiaks assessment of him, after Kubiak was hired.

Kubiak was pegged on Jan 22, 2006 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2302213) to be the coach.

Carr was signed almost 2 weeks later (http://htownsports.blogspot.com/2006/02/texans-pick-up-carrs-option-so-what.html)

I don't know where you get off on insulting me with your little cracks, but stick to facts and you won't look like an *****.

And look at whose more of a Carr-hater than a Texans fans. I bet you have more hate filled Carr threads than praise for other Texans fans combined.

dirty steve
03-13-2007, 04:34 PM
its just Bud being Bud. they have banners of players that have never played there. i think even Earl has been honored there, that is pure sacrilege.

i think eearl told bud to stick it as being honored in person. his number is retired, but i don't think Mr. Campbell was there in person.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Ummmm, wrong. Casserly and McNair re-signed Carr based on Kubiaks assessment of him, after Kubiak was hired.

Kubiak was pegged on Jan 22, 2006 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2302213) to be the coach.

Carr was signed almost 2 weeks later (http://htownsports.blogspot.com/2006/02/texans-pick-up-carrs-option-so-what.html)

I don't know where you get off on insulting me with your little cracks, but stick to facts and you won't look like an *****.

And look at whose more of a Carr-hater than a Texans fans. I bet you have more hate filled Carr threads than praise for other Texans fans combined.

Carr was going to be resigned regardless of Kubiak. So in less than 2 weeks Kubiak was supposed to leave Denver, assemble a coaching staff, begin preparing for draft, AND make a decision on David. David was as good as signed. The ink wasnt even dry on Kubiak's contract by the time Carr was resigned. Carr was resigned by Casserley and McNair, and I stand by that. Kubiak gave an endorsement of Carr, that is true, but that was part and parcel of ANY coach coming to the Texans. It was obvious McNair already had his mind made up on Carr because Dan Reeves had already advised McNair to draft Young and McNair didn't listen. Due to the fact that Reeves wasnt interviewing for a job, he was reportedly the only guy to give McNair an honest answer.

as for the rest, just do me a favor and go wherever Carr goes. we need Texans fans not Carr fans.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 04:43 PM
i think eearl told bud to stick it as being honored in person. his number is retired, but i don't think Mr. Campbell was there in person.

i guess dignity is still alive in this world

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=SESupergenius;625816]Ummmm, wrong. Casserly and McNair re-signed Carr based on Kubiaks assessment of him, after Kubiak was hired[QUOTE]

The prereq for being the coach was fixing Carr. There was no real input. They knew where they were heading.

afcman
03-13-2007, 04:56 PM
I think the Texans are playing it smart. I think they put up a lot of trail balloons.

They want to move on, but are not gonna give Carr away. And if the right deal doesn't come around then they will hang on to him. Why not? He's a great backup. Frankly, if we can keep him as a backup, I'd be happy with that.

But we need to try to find somebody that will hopefully be our future starter. ( I really wanted Garcia for the next season. It's not a sure thing that he will be the starter in Tampa. But he would have been with us. And that's what he wants.)

jerek
03-13-2007, 04:58 PM
The prereq for being the coach was fixing Carr. There was no real input. They knew where they were heading.

I keep seeing this tired line touted over and over again, and yet it seems as totally unsubstantiated now as it did when I first read it. Who besides McLame (i.e. someone actually in a position to know) has actually come out and said or even implied this? What facts--other than David Carr still being here, which I know in the eyes of many begs a conspiracy theory--support this claim? If there was a quote I missed or something of the sort, please, someone, point me to it. "I don't have a source, but I heard it on the radio once" doesn't count.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Carr was going to be resigned regardless of Kubiak.Nope, not true. Kubiak had to assess Carr just like every other player on the roster, but with Carr it was more of a factor considering there was a deadline looming on his status with the team

"I'll find a way to make him successful because it's in him," Kubiak said.
"I'm a David Carr fan. I like the skills he has. There is no reason that
David shouldn't be a successful quarterback."

The Texans must decide by the Pro Bowl if they want to pick up the option on
Carr's contract to keep him with the team.

So in less than 2 weeks Kubiak was supposed to leave Denver, assemble a coaching staff, begin preparing for draft, AND make a decision on David. David was as good as signed.
That the rigors of an NFL a new head coach, but Carr's deadline was approaching faster than the draft. I'm pretty sure that Kubiak prepared to leave Denver well before Feb., so I'm guessing he had prepared for that way before they announced it. Just a hunch.

Kubiak had a whole month and half before Carr was signed, you act like he was sitting around.

Here is Reeve's other quote on Young:
"I don't know if they ever asked my advice, but I looked at (Young) and told them that he was a guy they would have to consider even with David Carr there," Reeves said."I was happy for him, because I know there were so many questions that came out about him. Is he going to be able to handle the next level and so forth?

"I was happy for him."
That doesn't even remotely say to dump Carr and draft Vince Young now does it? To put it in perspective, what was Reeves' quotes on the other draftees or did you all think that Reeves had his one eye on VY. I doubt we see complete reporting like that instead of the agenda running Chronicles take.

And in turn, you can follow Carr wherever he goes and paint it black, you sure don't have anything to post here outside of that. What kind of Texans fan are you going to be if Carr stays? A whining crybaby that didn't get his way, I can see that. You will be just like John McClain.

Texan_Bill
03-13-2007, 05:02 PM

You are correct. Earl refused to be a part of anything Tennessee Titan. Also you can add O.A. "Bum" Phillips to that list as well. They both claimed that they were "Houston" Oilers.

afcman
03-13-2007, 05:05 PM
That doesn't even remotely say to dump Carr and draft Vince Young now does it?

Well no, but I did hear him say on espn radio that he would have taken Young.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Well no, but I did hear him say on espn radio that he would have taken Young.Before the draft, right after the draft or during Young's little win streak?

What did he say about Reggie Bush or Williams?

My Hero
03-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Carr was going to be resigned regardless of Kubiak. So in less than 2 weeks Kubiak was supposed to leave Denver, assemble a coaching staff, begin preparing for draft, AND make a decision on David. David was as good as signed. The ink wasnt even dry on Kubiak's contract by the time Carr was resigned. Carr was resigned by Casserley and McNair, and I stand by that. Kubiak gave an endorsement of Carr, that is true, but that was part and parcel of ANY coach coming to the Texans. It was obvious McNair already had his mind made up on Carr because Dan Reeves had already advised McNair to draft Young and McNair didn't listen. Due to the fact that Reeves wasnt interviewing for a job, he was reportedly the only guy to give McNair an honest answer.

as for the rest, just do me a favor and go wherever Carr goes. we need Texans fans not Carr fans.

Keep running that same old tired line. So when Carr starts next year are you going to gnaw your leg off,like some wild animal caught in a trap? Because that's what you sound like in most of your posts rabid animal.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Nope, not true. Kubiak had to assess Carr just like every other player on the roster, but with Carr it was more of a factor considering there was a deadline looming on his status with the team

"I'll find a way to make him successful because it's in him," Kubiak said.
"I'm a David Carr fan. I like the skills he has. There is no reason that
David shouldn't be a successful quarterback."

The Texans must decide by the Pro Bowl if they want to pick up the option on
Carr's contract to keep him with the team.

That the rigors of an NFL a new head coach, but Carr's deadline was approaching faster than the draft. I'm pretty sure that Kubiak prepared to leave Denver well before Feb., so I'm guessing he had prepared for that way before they announced it. Just a hunch.

Kubiak had a whole month and half before Carr was signed, you act like he was sitting around.

Here is Reeve's other quote on Young:
"I don't know if they ever asked my advice, but I looked at (Young) and told them that he was a guy they would have to consider even with David Carr there," Reeves said."I was happy for him, because I know there were so many questions that came out about him. Is he going to be able to handle the next level and so forth?

"I was happy for him."
That doesn't even remotely say to dump Carr and draft Vince Young now does it? To put it in perspective, what was Reeves' quotes on the other draftees or did you all think that Reeves had his one eye on VY. I doubt we see complete reporting like that instead of the agenda running Chronicles take.

And in turn, you can follow Carr wherever he goes and paint it black, you sure don't have anything to post here outside of that. What kind of Texans fan are you going to be if Carr stays? A whining crybaby that didn't get his way, I can see that. You will be just like John McClain.

you can read whatever you want. if you don't think working with Carr was part and parcel of the Texan's job you are totally out of touch with reality....which is part and parcel of being a Carr homer

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Keep running that same old tired line. So when Carr starts next year are you going to gnaw your leg off,like some wild animal caught in a trap? Because that's what you sound like in most of your posts rabid animal.

another Carr homer from California......haha im really surprised you are a Carr homer errrr supporter

just please please leave our forum once 'your hero' gets thrown out like so much garbage....your obviously a Carr fan and not a Texans fan

California Carr fans are a dime a dozen and soon to be extinct around these parts......you wont be missed

afcman
03-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Before the draft, right after the draft or during Young's little win streak?

What did he say about Reggie Bush or Williams?

It was before the draft. And he liked Bush and Williams. He would have gone with Young or Bush other than Williams (for the number one pick).

Of course he said this after the fact to espn, but I don't THINK he was lying.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 05:15 PM
you can read whatever you want. if you don't think working with Carr was part and parcel of the Texan's job you are totally out of touch with reality....which is part and parcel of being a Carr homer
Call me all the names you want, I am just sticking with facts. I seem to be more of a Texans fan than just a specific player, because when David Carr leaves I still have a lot to talk about other than him, unlike you. You can go live in your Soap Opera world with the rest of the McClainonites.

Funny that 610 is now talking about this exact subject right now and how they are getting it wrong.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 05:16 PM
I keep seeing this tired line touted over and over again, and yet it seems as totally unsubstantiated now as it did when I first read it. Who besides McLame (i.e. someone actually in a position to know) has actually come out and said or even implied this? What facts--other than David Carr still being here, which I know in the eyes of many begs a conspiracy theory--support this claim? If there was a quote I missed or something of the sort, please, someone, point me to it. "I don't have a source, but I heard it on the radio once" doesn't count.

OK, so then tell me this. If that wasn't the case, why would they work with him for a year and say he is the man and can take us places and then a year later Kubes seems to be looking for another guy?Because a 3 year extension seems to say that you can fix him if you had something to say about it-.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 05:18 PM
just please follow 'your hero' to wherever his tired sorry ass goes.....

but it wont come to that because anyone who isnt a Carr homer knows that Carr's days are numbered as a Texan.

anyone who lists carr as their hero isn't even worth arguing with though....just another low expectation having and clueless Houston sports fan

dime a dozen

Oh I am sure you expected him gone before now,hasn't happened. It's not going to happen this year,sorry your stuck with at least one more year. You can keep hoping but the time has come and gone. No Plummer,Garcia,Ramsey or anybody else is going to save you from another year of DC.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 05:19 PM
It was before the draft. And he liked Bush and Williams. He would have gone with Young or Bush other than Williams (for the number one pick).

Of course he said this after the fact to espn, but I don't THINK he was lying.

That is my point, it's ok to like VY but the Chronicle does this whole agenda thing by skewing the news that Reeves just wanted VY all along. They make it seemt that Reeves only had eyes for him. It's just careless reporting and they are trying to be the story instead of just reporting it.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Oh I am sure you expected him gone before now,hasn't happened. It's not going to happen this year,sorry your stuck with at least one more year. You can keep hoping but the time has come and gone. No Plummer,Garcia,Ramsey or anybody else is going to save you from another year of DC.

Can I just ask why you are so angry and why you want so badly to put a square peg in a round hole. If you really want success for the guy wouldn't you want him in a better situation where the fans and his own teammates weren't calling him out?This seems personal.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 05:23 PM
another Carr homer from California......haha im really surprised you are a Carr homer errrr supporter

just please please leave our forum once 'your hero' gets thrown out like so much garbage....your obviously a Carr fan and not a Texans fan

California Carr fans are a dime a dozen and soon to be extinct around these parts......you wont be missed

I'm a great supporter of the Texans organization,you don't think that only Houston supports the franchise do you? Spew whatever you can from that hole in your face,but unless you get a job with the front office or coaching staff your just blowing hot air out of both ends.

BSofA04
03-13-2007, 05:24 PM
You are correct. Earl refused to be a part of anything Tennessee Titan. Also you can add O.A. "Bum" Phillips to that list as well. They both claimed that they were "Houston" Oilers.

That you Earl and Bum. Bud Adams and the Tenn Titans are a classless organization. It's amazing to me that the guy has the balls to turn his back on a city that made him millions for several decades. Face it Bud, you were a terrible politician! The honorable thing to do is to hang the banners in Houston, where they actually played.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 05:24 PM

put your 'money' where your mouth is. If Carr is shipped off, you can never come back to this forum. If Carr is not moved or released before the season, I will never come back to this forum. Sound good? And I challenge any Carr homer to the same wager. That way once Carr is inevitably traded for a loaf of bread, all you Carr homers will have an excuse as to why you stopped coming around after 'your hero' was released/traded/etc.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm a great supporter of the Texans organization,you don't think that only Houston supports the franchise do you? Spew whatever you can from that hole in your face,but unless you get a job with the front office or coaching staff your just blowing hot air out of both ends.

just promise us all you will leave when Carr does...you are obviously a California Carr Homer...dime a dozen...just go away

Malloy
03-13-2007, 05:28 PM

So what member of the Carr family do we have the pleasure or meeting this time ? :)

ps: I guess the nick should have been My Hero75?

SESupergenius
put your 'money' where your mouth is. If Carr is shipped off, you can never come back to this forum. If Carr is not moved or released before the season, I will never come back to this forum. Sound good? And I challenge any Carr homer to the same wager. That way once Carr is inevitably traded for a loaf of bread, all you Carr homers will have an excuse as to why you stopped coming around after 'your hero' was released/traded/etc.
That great, ban supporters of the Texans. Nice.

I trust you as much as I trust John McClain to give us solid factual information. No thanks.

My Hero
Can I just ask why you are so angry and why you want so badly to put a square peg in a round hole. If you really want success for the guy wouldn't you want him in a better situation where the fans and his own teammates weren't calling him out?This seems personal.

I'm not angry and it's not personal, I should be able to respond with the same vigor and passion as anybody that has an opposing position.

If the front office and coaching staff decide to cut or trade David Carr,that move will have all of my support. Just like releasing Moulds, Dunta is the only teamate that has called David by name. Moulds is already a memory and not a teamate.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 05:30 PM
just promise us all you will leave when Carr does...you are obviously a California Carr Homer...dime a dozen...just go awayWow so If you are a Carr supporter you from California????????? LOL freakin' unbelievable.

Stick to name calling, everything else you say just runs down our legs on the backside.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm not angry and it's not personal, I should be able to respond with the same vigor and passion as anybody that has an opposing position.

If the front office and coaching staff decide to cut or trade David Carr,that move will have all of my support. Just like releasing Moulds, Dunta is the only teamate that has called David by name. Moulds is already a memory and not a teamate.

Just asking. There seemed to be alot of name calling going around and I wasn't sure. I will say, considering the rebuttal to Dunta has been deafeningly quiet, I don't think he is the only one who thinks it and others who are gone have said it.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 05:31 PM

i completely agree, Rep your Way!

dirty steve
03-13-2007, 05:33 PM
They went after him, but obviously not too hard. If the Texans were serious about changing Carr out, they would have paid for another starting QB.
could be that the Texans couldn't say he was the starter or not. Once again, they would have paid to have another QB, not just wing it going into preseason.
Carr won't be cracking on Dunta for his whole 2 int's last year, he's kinda got a little class. It's a team game.

They did re-sign him last season, so there is your vote of confidence.
the Texans did try hard to replace DC by courting Garcia publicly and trying to move on Plummer. those players likely would have been starters here, not just high priced motivational speakers.

any goodwill that was granted DC with the extension has pretty much burned off now. i dont think the front office could honestly feel the same way about DC this offseason as they did last year.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 05:34 PM
So what member of the Carr family do we have the pleasure or meeting this time ? :)

ps: I guess the nick should have been My Hero75?

Oh, I am so sorry. Do I have to be a family member to have a point of view that differs from MB posters. My allegiance will follow the course of the franchise,if they draft Quinn that's great. I know it comes from the wrong side of the tracks to have any compassion for Carr.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 05:35 PM

Your on! I didn't know it would be so easy to get you to leave.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Just asking. There seemed to be alot of name calling going around and I wasn't sure. I will say, considering the rebuttal to Dunta has been deafeningly quiet, I don't think he is the only one who thinks it and others who are gone have said it.

I'm not sure I called any names,please quote me if I did.

So Carr has enough class not to submit to infighting with his teamates.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 05:41 PM
the Texans did try hard to replace DC by courting Garcia publicly and trying to move on Plummer. those players likely would have been starters here, not just high priced motivational speakers.

any goodwill that was granted DC with the extension has pretty much burned off now. i dont think the front office could honestly feel the same way about DC this offseason as they did last year.

I guess Garcia was brought in last year to be the likely starter for Philadelphia as well. Could it be that the Texans want a good team and bringing in as much talent as they can is a good thing? If Carr beat out Garcia, wouldn't everyone think that it's still a great situation. Nobody EVER stated that Garcia was brought in to the the starter. Competition is always good. Plummer was a backup and more than likely will continue to be because he won't be quaranteed a starting spot.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 05:43 PM

This is going to be interesting. I doubt he keeps to his word however.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Wow so If you are a Carr supporter you from California????????? LOL freakin' unbelievable.

Stick to name calling, everything else you say just runs down our legs on the backside.

Wow.... you'd think someone named SESupergenius would be able to figure out why one poster would call another poster a California Carr lover.

Especially when that other poster has Clovis, California listed as his location.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 05:46 PM
I think he has earned it and AJ and him(SAGE ROSENFLS) have been working out a lot together this offseason. That makes me smile as a Texans fan.I was just wondering where you got this from? I'm not saying you are wrong but I'd like to know exactly how you came about this information?

What is David Carr doing?

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 05:46 PM

well let me be the first to bid you a fond farwell. something tells me it wont be hard for you to stay away once 'your hero' leaves.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 05:47 PM
I guess Garcia was brought in last year to be the likely starter for Philadelphia as well. Could it be that the Texans want a good team and bringing in as much talent as they can is a good thing? If Carr beat out Garcia, wouldn't everyone think that it's still a great situation. Nobody EVER stated that Garcia was brought in to the the starter. Competition is always good. Plummer was a backup and more than likely will continue to be because he won't be quaranteed a starting spot.

I think we all know Garcia was going to be a back up last year.

But this year, when our GM said he was looking to upgrade the position, we were pretty sure that Garcia & Plummer were/are looked at as upgrades.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Wow.... you'd think someone named SESupergenius would be able to figure out why one poster would call another poster a California Carr lover.

Especially when that other poster has Clovis, California listed as his location.

Well when you make a blanket statement like that in a forum you are referring to group as a whole unless specificly naming an individual. See not so hard.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Well when you make a blanket statement like that in a forum you are referring to group as a whole unless specificly naming an individual. See not so hard.

I didn't know that I needed to hide my location in order to avoid the hatred. LOL

Texan_Bill
03-13-2007, 05:50 PM
He's dug in somewhere. I'd bet my $3.75 in my jeans pocket that he's working long days with a coach or trainer. That's why there are no "I saw DC" threads running amuck.?

FYI - Hulk75 said he was playing golf at Red Stone Friday...

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
This is going to be interesting. I doubt he keeps to his word however.

nothing interesting. if you don't 'trust' me, you can politely ask any moderator to be the 'muscle'. if you are so sure of yourself, what are you worried about?

FWIW - just the fact that you wont risk leaving this forum for good does make me feel you may have some Texan fan in ya after all ;)

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 05:52 PM

well, in context of that post you quoted, he quoted another poster and called him a California Carr lover.

Just like I have no business in this argument, you had no dog in that race.

MyHero is A CaliCarrLover.

You're just an enigma wrapped in a conundrum, surrounded by mystery.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 05:53 PM
I didn't know that I needed to hide my location in order to avoid the hatred. LOL

It's not hatred to call a fat man fat. Or a short man short. Or a bad QB a Bad QB, or a California Carr Fan a California Carr Fan.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 05:55 PM

put it this way, if you are a Texan fan from California, you wouldn't be picked for any jury pool regarding a case against David Carr. FWIW - I dont hate YOU or David Carr, I hate the idea that some people are so deluded that they think he is any good after five years of witness.

cj5776
03-13-2007, 05:58 PM
I have just read the last few pages of this thread but has anyone mentioned that Carr will probably be traded on draft day? For some reason my gut tells me Washington will have something to do with it. Even if he does not get a first day pick, if he is just used to trade back with some round pick for more choices, I am so cool with that. If we only add Quinn or Kolb and use Sage as a stop gap starter, that also is cool with me. Sorry for stirring this thread in a different direction but I get so sick of the carr sucks crap.

HomeBred_Texan
03-13-2007, 05:58 PM
This thread will self-destruct in 5 4 3 2

Texan_Bill
03-13-2007, 05:59 PM
This thread will self-destruct in 5 4 3 2

Still not soon enough!!!

MATRIX
03-13-2007, 06:01 PM

In reality I think thats correct. He was publicly told he had 2yrs in this system. This coming season is #2, the 100% MAKE or BREAK season.

They will take a Beck, Stanton or Kolb in the 2/3/4 round. Depends who they like most and how far they want to reach for that guy. I doubt a 2nd rd QB...but if they don't think he'll be in the 3rd when they pick...maybe.

Then if Carr drops the ball(no pun), they can throw in Sage and pray. Then cut/trade Carr and get a pick for him I would think. And start the pick for this year in 2008-2009 season.

I belive it's what has been said on Carr not what we feel or think. And it has let him stay around and see what happens. Kubes said he had the tools, he just needed to make better reads at times. Everyone has said he can make all the throws. So, maybe they are being honest and letting him return for 1 more year. Better or worse, and see what happens.

After all, they didn't end up with a better QB yet, and they have yet to say Sage is better. So, looks pretty clear whats going on. I don't rule out a draft day trade, but it would be for Carr and a 3rd rd, for our #8. Because nobody is going to trade us Carr and a pick for another QB we feel will fit the team better. It would cost us Carr and #8 and then we'd get QB"X" a 3rd rd pick and their 1st rd.

cj5776
03-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Maybe he was. Does that lead you to believe he's worried about his job? Guys play golf to chill and have a good time with friends.

If my job was absolutely gone, I wouldn't be playing golf. That's just me. I don't know where he is or what he's going. I find it curious that the media hasn't produced a DC move that holds water. His brother says he's out playing golf. It doesn't mean he hasn't been working his game somewhere to become what Kubes or the FO wanted him to be.

This is food for thought.

I don't think his job is gone, he will just be playing for a different team. In the corprate world it's more like being reasigned or transfered. He knows everything is beyound his control and just wants his next assignment.

cj5776
03-13-2007, 06:05 PM
In reality I think thats correct. He was publicly told he had 2yrs in this system. This coming season is #2, the 100% MAKE or BREAK season.

They will take a Beck, Stanton or Kolb in the 2/3/4 round. Depends who they like most and how far they want to reach for that guy. I doubt a 2nd rd QB...but if they don't think he'll be in the 3rd when they pick...maybe.

Then if Carr drops the ball(no pun), they can throw in Sage and pray. Then cut/trade Carr and get a pick for him I would think. And start the pick for this year in 2008-2009 season.

I belive it's what has been said on Carr not what we feel or think. And it has let him stay around and see what happens. Kubes said he had the tools, he just needed to make better reads at times. Everyone has said he can make all the throws. So, maybe they are being honest and letting him return for 1 more year. Better or worse, and see what happens.

After all, they didn't end up with a better QB yet, and they have yet to say Sage is better. So, looks pretty clear whats going on. I don't rule out a draft day trade, but it would be for Carr and a 3rd rd, for our #8. Because nobody is going to trade us Carr and a pick for another QB we feel will fit the team better. It would cost us Carr and #8 and then we'd get QB"X" a 3rd rd pick and their 1st rd.

It might sound silly but I think there is a reason Carr is not on the banner, I know McLame has had a lot of influence but still I don't see him back.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 06:07 PM
well, in context of that post you quoted, he quoted another poster and called him a California Carr lover.

Just like I have no business in this argument, you had no dog in that race.

MyHero is A CaliCarrLover.

You're just an enigma wrapped in a conundrum, surrounded by mystery.
Here, let me drag you to school. In the context you are referring to he challenged "any Carr homer to the same wager." Thus incorporating a group of people, not just an individual. So really, it is only YOU that has no business in this argument.

Texan_Bill
03-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Maybe he was. Does that lead you to believe he's worried about his job? Guys play golf to chill and have a good time with friends.

If my job was absolutely gone, I wouldn't be playing golf. That's just me. I don't know where he is or what he's going. I find it curious that the media hasn't produced a DC move that holds water. His brother says he's out playing golf. It doesn't mean he hasn't been working his game somewhere to become what Kubes or the FO wanted him to be.

This is food for thought.

Hey Elle, I don't know if you caught this thread http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=36343 or not. Check it out if you haven't...

And no, it does not lead me to believe anything other than as beautiful as last week was, I wish I had a chance to get out and play a round or four with some buds and throw back some adult beverages..

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 06:10 PM
I have just read the last few pages of this thread but has anyone mentioned that Carr will probably be traded on draft day? For some reason my gut tells me Washington will have something to do with it. Even if he does not get a first day pick, if he is just used to trade back with some round pick for more choices, I am so cool with that. If we only add Quinn or Kolb and use Sage as a stop gap starter, that also is cool with me. Sorry for stirring this thread in a different direction but I get so sick of the carr sucks crap.
That is still a possibility, it was just that the rumor was started a week ago and many of the media picked up on this and made it seem that it was going to happen soon.

cj5776
03-13-2007, 06:16 PM
That is still a possibility, it was just that the rumor was started a week ago and many of the media picked up on this and made it seem that it was going to happen soon.

There is so many people who always buy into the the crap the meadia feeds instead of taking it at face value. That is the only thing I love about McLame, he obvously is afraid to say something Texans fans do not want to hear so he spins facts in ways that stirs pots instead of just being objective. If we had a real beat reporter I know I would spent less time on the MBs. Thank you McLame.

Texan_Bill
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
There is so many people who always buy into the the crap the meadia feeds instead of taking it at face value. That is the only thing I love about McLame, he obvously is afraid to say something Texans fans do not want to hear so he spins facts in ways that stirs pots instead of just being objective. If we had a real beat reporter I know I would spent less time on the MBs. Thank you McLame.

You have it completely wrong. McLame is a great beat writer.... For the Tennessee Titans.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
FWIW - just the fact that you wont risk leaving this forum for good does make me feel you may have some Texan fan in ya after all ;)
I know you are but what am I?:joker:

TexansSB07
03-13-2007, 06:31 PM

ALL HAIL FREEDOGGY77

Wolf
03-13-2007, 06:33 PM
wow I didn't know I could be a Texan fan and also a Carr fan or I could be a Texan fan and not a Carr fan..

thanks SH ...never knew our feeble single cell minds couldn't handle complicated situations (be a fan of one or the other or a fan of both)

freedoggy77
03-13-2007, 06:33 PM
ALL HAIL FREEDOGGY77

why thank you, but i am just making an observation anyone could

Wolf
03-13-2007, 06:43 PM
seriously, for probably the good of David Carr, I hope a deal comes out that helps the Texans and helps David Carr in his career..just seems to be oil/water mixture at this point....sadly in 2004 lots of people where excited about the direction of Carr and the Texans were going..then we release some of our key defensive players and had no really equal replacements and we went downhill

I hope the Texans don't make the same mistake, if a suitable replacement isn't found for Carr, I hope we stick with him and if a suitable replacement is found, lets get Carr out of here

and for some of you that are Sage fans...who has Sage beat out to become a starter in the NFL?

not sure how accurate the depth chart is but Dolphins while Sage was there

2002 Fiedler,Lucas, Sage
2003 Fiedler,Griese,Sage
2004 Feeley,Fiedler,Sage (last of the season jason Garrett came in and took over as #1 and Feeley dropped to #2
2005 Feeley, Ferote,Sage...(end of season Cleo lemon #2)

http://www.phins.com/old_rosters.html

I personally don't feel good about Sage being a full time starter.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 06:44 PM
wow I didn't know I could be a Texan fan and also a Carr fan or I could be a Texan fan and not a Carr fan..

thanks SH ...never knew our feeble single cell minds couldn't handle complicated situations (be a fan of one or the other or a fan of both)

your smart enough to know what I mean. anyone that is a fan of the Texans because of David Carr really isn't a real Texans fan in my opinion. They are just following a guy they liked in college or their homestate...obviously it couldnt be based on his performance in the NFL. if someone is a fan of David Carr BECAUSE he is a Houston Texan, then that person is a fan of the Texans and because of this they look at the big picture and not just how it all relates to David.

I'm just calling a spade, a spade. if you are from California, i am betting dollars to donuts you are here because of Carr not because of the Texans. Thus you dont have as much credibility in regards to your ability to be objective and realistic in regards to DC.

bottom line, is that if anyone actually thinks David will be back here as the starter in 2007, let them put their login where their mouth is. he goes, you go. he stays, i go. I would love nothing more than to purge the forums of the Carr apologists, once and for all.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 06:48 PM
seriously, for probably the good of David Carr, I hope a deal comes out that helps the Texans and helps David Carr in his career..just seems to be oil/water mixture at this point....sadly in 2004 lots of people where excited about the direction of Carr and the Texans were going..then we release some of our key defensive players and had no really equal replacements and we went downhill

I hope the Texans don't make the same mistake, if a suitable replacement isn't found for Carr, I hope we stick with him and if a suitable replacement is found, lets get Carr out of here

and for some of you that are Sage fans...who has Sage beat out to become a starter in the NFL?

not sure how accurate the depth chart is but Dolphins while Sage was there

2002 Fiedler,Lucas, Sage
2003 Fiedler,Griese,Sage
2004 Feeley,Fiedler,Sage (last of the season jason Garrett came in and took over as #1 and Feeley dropped to #2
2005 Feeley, Ferote,Sage...(end of season Cleo lemon #2)

http://www.phins.com/old_rosters.html

I personally don't feel good about Sage being a full time starter.

I can easily understand why someone would fell that way and I respect that. Personally, I feel he has earned a look and I imagine the locker room feels likewise.

Dime
03-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Two comments on this..

One. I have always thought Carr would not be traded till draft day in a trade for picks or to move up.

Two. About Sage, and who he has beat out. Who has he beat out? Looks like he is beating out the starter David Carr right now in the FO ramblings. Maybe he is, maybe he isnt. The point is that we will find out soon.

Honoring Earl 34
03-13-2007, 06:53 PM
It seems the Texans are starting over with a few exceptions .

This is the main reason I think Carr is gone . He was the face of some bad teams and the new FO and Kubiak have to change the mindset .

I did'nt see a team who went to war for Carr ... in fact it was the opposite . That's why you had Dunta's and Moulds remarks .

Whether Carr could have been or might be great is not the problem . The problem is he makes to much money for what he does ( save all the excuses ).

I bet if you have a player who does'nt produce after 3 yrs and you cut him ... 90% of the time you will not regret it .

Wolf
03-13-2007, 06:55 PM
It seems the Texans are starting over with a few exceptions .

This is the main reason I think Carr is gone . He was the face of some bad teams and the new FO and Kubiak have to change the mindset .

I did'nt see a team who went to war for Carr ... in fact it was the opposite . That's why you had Dunta's and Moulds remarks .

Whether Carr could have been or might be great is not the problem . The problem is he makes to much money for what he does ( save all the excuses ).

I bet if you have a player who does'nt produce after 3 yrs and you cut him ... 90% of the time you will not regret it .

I agree with that

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Two comments on this..

One. I have always thought Carr would not be traded till draft day in a trade for picks or to move up.

Two. About Sage, and who he has beat out. Who has he beat out? Looks like he is beating out the starter David Carr right now in the FO ramblings. Maybe he is, maybe he isnt. The point is that we will find out soon.

Maybe they are bringing in other QB's to compete for the Backup job or backups backup job. Why would they bring in other QB's if they think so highly of Sage as the starter and Carr is not here??? Would'nt they bring in lesser caliber QB's? Why would they bring in Garcia and pay him more than Sage if they were so high on Sage as a starting QB.

Honoring Earl 34
03-13-2007, 06:57 PM
I agree with that

I thought we're like supposed to fight or something .

Honoring Earl 34
03-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Maybe they are bringing in other QB's to compete for the Backup job or backups backup job. Why would they bring in other QB's if they think so highly of Sage as the starter and Carr is not here??? Would'nt they bring in lesser caliber QB's? Why would they bring in Garcia and pay him more than Sage if they were so high on Sage as a starting QB.

I think they believe the QB of the future is not here yet .

So ... why not let Sage babysit the job for now .

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 07:03 PM
I think they believe the QB of the future is not here yet .

So ... why not let Sage babysit the job for now .

Why not bring in someone better than Carr first then either let David have

a) a chance to compete for the job
b) restructure his contract and let him be a backup
c) cut him loose and let Sage be the backup.

Honoring Earl 34
03-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Why not bring in someone better than Carr first then either let David have

a) a chance to compete for the job
b) restructure his contract and let him be a backup
c) cut him loose and let Sage be the backup.

He's had the job ... why should he compete now ?

They do not want to extend his contract they're trying to trade him . I would take that as they want him gone sooner as opposed to later

If they don't trade him they'll cut him . They're clearing cap space like crazy already .

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
He's had the job ... why should he compete now ?

They do not want to extend his contract they're trying to trade him .

If they don't trade him they'll cut him . They're clearing cap space like crazy already .
He's only had the job for 1 season under Kubiak and his system

They want to make sure he can pick up Kubiaks system, Plummer didn't have a spectacular year his first year in Kubiaks system.

They could cut him...then we get Sage Rosenfels as a starter. He couldn't beat anyone out. Ramsey was not brought in to be the starter, they are looking for backup talent for a reason.

Honoring Earl 34
03-13-2007, 07:17 PM

They want to make sure he can pick up Kubiaks system, Plummer didn't have a spectacular year his first year in Kubiaks system.

They could cut him...then we get Sage Rosenfels as a starter. He couldn't beat anyone out. Ramsey was not brought in to be the starter, they are looking for backup talent for a reason.

I'll say this ... I don't care if they were drawing plays in the sand ... a dog will hunt or it won't . Did you see Leinart vs the Bears he made plays ... that dog will hunt .

As far as Sage ... we've been 2-14 with Carr starting every game ... do you really think we can go 1-15 ?

Wolf
03-13-2007, 07:21 PM
well SH ... I like the Vikings in the NFC yet I am not from minnesota...I am from Texas and I like UT yet I am not following all the UT alumni (jammer,Johnson,Williams,Benson etc etc)...

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 07:25 PM
I'll say this ... I don't care if they were drawing plays in the sand ... a dog will hunt or it won't . Did you see Leinart vs the Bears he made plays ... that dog will hunt .

As far as Sage ... we've been 2-14 with Carr starting every game ... do you really think we can go 1-15 ?
Last year we weren't 2-14 or 1-15, so that is moot. Yes I saw Leinart do that, I also saw him throw 2 picks the next week in Oakland for a loss. His dog must hunt just some times.

the whole "Dog" analogy sounded good however, but fizzled with facts. I'm sure other QB's throughout NFL history had their "dog" not hunt for while before it had an owner that taught them and let them hunt. (slap on the back)

hollywood_texan
03-13-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm just calling a spade, a spade. if you are from California, i am betting dollars to donuts you are here because of Carr not because of the Texans. Thus you dont have as much credibility in regards to your ability to be objective and realistic in regards to DC.

bottom line, is that if anyone actually thinks David will be back here as the starter in 2007, let them put their login where their mouth is. he goes, you go. he stays, i go. I would love nothing more than to purge the forums of the Carr apologists, once and for all.

I live in California, actually I live in Dirty Hollywood. I am not a Carr fan if you follow my posts. There goes your dollars to donuts.

As a matter of fact, I am a season ticketholder. I was born and raised in Austin, Texas, and I look at my California life as self-exile in Hollywood, Ca.

Also, I would like to dispell any notion of Raider fans wanting Carr, at least from my perspective. I went to the Raider game last year at Oakland and hung out with a lot of Raider fans. I asked a lot of them about Carr and playing for the Raiders, they really could care less. As most of you probably know, there are a lot of Raider fans in LA. Again, they could care less about Carr playing for Oakland from my discussions.

Which gets me to the whole California thing and David Carr. He really doesn't have any fans out here that I can see. I live in LA and see a lot of people, and I haven't seen one Carr jersey running around in SoCal.

Sure there are few people from California on these boards supporting Carr, but it really isn't that many people to really account for anything if and when he moves back.

Charter PSL Fan
03-13-2007, 07:30 PM
at least one player has come out and cracked him publicly.

That player looks and sounds like he is on crack.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 07:30 PM
If Carr cannot go at least 8-8 this year, cut him. Let Kubiak decide what is best for the team at that point.

Carr would need to make the playoffs for him to stay which would be 10-6.

dirty steve
03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
at least one player has come out and cracked him publicly.

That player looks and sounds like he is on crack.
what about robinson says that he is on crack?

-his dreadlocked hair?
-he made his opinion on DC public?

i don't get it.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Ok, first of all, I've been on boards and a mod for a few where people said their log in was on the line over whatever issue. That's absurd with the NFL because we aren't in the FO or hanging with the coaches to do something so futile. If you really want to throw your log in out the window for this, I'd say you don't have this team deep in your heart, where it should be for you to make this challenge.

I don't know what brought some people from outside of Houston into this team, and I think it's very unfair to outline California as just being pro-DC because of Cali, but I came here for 3 reasons.

1) Finally, Houston got a team again and I'm spared the Sunday coverage of those damned Cowboys. The team name was a great hook, the colors RAWKED! Yeah, I'm in.

2) Houston is 2 1/2 hours away. See you guys at the tailgating and the games.

3) Eric Brown and Corey Sears. They hail from Judson High School in Converse, Texas. My father coached them there.

DC just came along with the package I had bought into. I'm a coach's kid and know there are things we don't always know, and neither do they, but it's THEIR ball club. Sometimes you have to sit back and zip your lip. Usually, I found that when I was really oppossed to something and mouthed off, my father would just give me that, "Oh really?" look with the left eyebrow raised. A couple of games later I had to tuck my tail and admit I didn't see what they saw.

I realize this isn't a high school team, but it's not much different in reality. The game is the game, the play is the play, the respect is the respect and that's football.

For crying out loud. Throw in your screen name because you hate David Carr? Then we should just ask you to do that now because you have a personal vendetta with a guy instead of love for your team.

So I can't like the Texans because their team colers are Red White and Blue.
I can't like the Texans because Texas is a great state and Houston is a very nice city.
I can't like the Texans because until recently the team always upheld a positive attitude and other players were drawn to them in FA.
I can't like the Texans because they started the franchise with a strong defense including Sharper,Glenn,Coleman,Wong,DeLoach and others.
I can't even like the Texans because I don't like any California teams.
I guess I can only like the Texans because David Carr comes from California, and as a prerequisite you are required to only like players from your own state. That must explain why so many posters only want to draft UT players.

Cry, moan, whatever David Carr is the starting QB and Chad Stanley is the startin punter.

Elle I'm fine with your post,I just used it as a launching point.

Honoring Earl 34
03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Last year we weren't 2-14 or 1-15, so that is moot. Yes I saw Leinart do that, I also saw him throw 2 picks the next week in Oakland for a loss. His dog must hunt just some times.

the whole "Dog" analogy sounded good however, but fizzled with facts. I'm sure other QB's throughout NFL history had their "dog" not hunt for while before it had an owner that taught them and let them hunt. (slap on the back)

Nope you're wrong ... it's no mistake that the same players that are considered good to great make plays .

This is in a beer league softball game a YMCA basketball game or the NFL it does'nt matter if you're the man or woman it happens time after time .

Great players have another trait it's border line OCD . The fear of losing or not being the best is what drives them .

So yes ... if you know what you're looking at a dog will hunt or it won't .

hollywood_texan
03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Carr would need to make the playoffs for him to stay which would be 10-6.

10-6 is not a guarantee in the AFC for a playoff spot.

NFC is a safe bet at 10-6 to get in the playoffs, and maybe even 8-8 will get you in.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Here, let me drag you to school. In the context you are referring to he challenged "any Carr homer to the same wager."

No. California Carr Homer did not come up in the Challenge. That was totally seperate. The challenge was without a doubt aimed at any and all Carr Homers, but he doesn't infer that all Carr Homers are California Carr Homers.

Thus incorporating a group of people, not just an individual.

True, all Carr Homers are incorporated into the challenge. Again, this does not mean, or even infer, that all Carrr Homers are California Carr Homers... just the ones from California.

El Paso is not in California... AFAIK

So really, it is only YOU that has no business in this argument.
Again... this may very well be true.

BUt

This is the "blanket statement" that started the California Carr Homer name calling. He doesn't call him a California Carr Homer here, but it leads directly to SecondHoneymoon explicitly referring to MyHero as a California Carr Homer.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Ok, then give Kubiak the room to make a call on performance and goals. If Kubes says 10-6, then that's what he needs to do. Until he states that, don't we just have to wait and see?

Exactly it is in thier hands,and the current regime still has him as starter,when that changes I will respect that decision. Just as I respect the position that they hold currently.

HomeBred_Texan
03-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok, it looks like MyHero isn't going to punt me out the door because:

1) I'm a girl
2) I like Carr and want to see what Kubes can do with him
3) I was the Saints mod and since changing my avatar, people are talking to me.

I will talk to ya... :elmo:

I like the Texans first and foremost, and then the Saints and then the Cowboys.

Plus I support whatever the Houston Texans' FO feel is right for this team until I totally disagree with them to the point that I cancell my season tickets. Now let's have a tailgate party...

My Hero
03-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Ok, it looks like MyHero isn't going to punt me out the door because:

1) I'm a girl
2) I like Carr and want to see what Kubes can do with him
3) I was the Saints mod and since changing my avatar, people are talking to me.

Naw,that's not it. I just choose to challenge those that spew constant and and meaningless negativity. If you want to know the truth I've recieved plenty of positive rep from earlier posts in this thread.
I would'nt take from anything in your previouse posts that you necessarily like Carr,but you are aware of the fact that it is the FO and Coaches job to make these decisions.

Although you did catch me,(I do like girls).

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 08:08 PM

eeeeeeyyyeaah... :ok:

Jakes first year out of Arizona... his first year with Denver, was he better, or worse than when he was in Arizona??

Wolf
03-13-2007, 08:12 PM

Jakes first year out of Arizona... his first year with Denver, was he better, or worse than when he was in Arizona??
hard to tell, given our defense still couldn't rush the passer (compared to denvers defense back then)

it is funny but it takes more than 22 guys to win a football game

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 08:13 PM
If Carr cannot go at least 8-8 this year, cut him. Let Kubiak decide what is best for the team at that point.

If we had a real QB, we wouldn't be anxiously awaiting our first 8-8 season.

I'm not blaming David for losing games, but I do believe this baby step expectations is tied directly to DC and his ability to play in the NFL.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 08:18 PM

Plummer did well in Denver, but 'well' isnt good enough there. It is Super Bowl or bust there. We have parades down Main St. when Carr manages to string two wins in a row....talk about a different world altogether

fwiw - plummer had the 3rd best record as a starting NFL QB between 2002-2005 (behind Peyton and Brady)....last year he was 7-4 when they brought in Cutler....they then went 2-3...why do some of the Carr homers think he is such a horrible alternative? do these guys honestly think Carr is better?

i wonder sometimes....

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Cry, moan, whatever David Carr is the starting QB and Chad Stanley is the startin punter.

Elle I'm fine with your post,I just used it as a launching point.

You weren't here last year. I doubt you'll be here next year.

You are from California... you are a Carr fan...

What's that saying about shoes that fit??

My Hero
03-13-2007, 08:24 PM

I wasn't on the board,been a fan since opening day vs Dallas. Iv'e been to games and can name multiple players throughout five years. I've watched Andre at the Pro Bowl twice. Oh and I supported the drafting of Mario.

ib4texans
03-13-2007, 08:27 PM
So if I think Carr is Ok,do I have to move to California?

Wolf
03-13-2007, 08:31 PM

so I am from Texas I am a Vince (Titan) fan now?

just trying to find logic in this

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 08:31 PM
hard to tell, given our defense still couldn't rush the passer (compared to denvers defense back then)

it is funny but it takes more than 22 guys to win a football game

I'm not talking about Ws & Ls... I'm talking about how did Plummer look??

Do you remember people saying,"see, that's exactly why they shouldn't have signed Plummer. He couldn't do it in Arizona, what made them think he could do it in Denver??"

Or do you remember them saying, "Shanahan was able to see the talent behind the poor results in Arizona"

I remember them saying, "It took three years, but you always knew that Jake would show up sooner or later."

He didn't set the league on fire his first year, but his first year in Denver was without question better than his last year in Arizona.

NFLforher
03-13-2007, 08:32 PM

That's stupid. I live in Cali. We lived in Texas and my sister was born there. I plan to retire in Texas.

There are Bears fans, Bronco fans, Dolfin fans in my neighborhood. Are they Carr fans too?

NFLforher
03-13-2007, 08:34 PM

Well, if Kolb is drafted by, say, the Raiders, I guess you'll be a Raiders fan.

Nighthawk
03-13-2007, 08:34 PM
You'd think that with all the "great" reporting by McClain, Justice and Cold Pizza last week that Carr would have been moved by now.

I think it's no mystery. The Texans are making another mistake trying to get more for Carr than the market will bear, and will thus end up losing a fourth round pick that they might have had.

It's like the Plummer deal--penny wise and pound foolish.

I think there's nobody who really wants Carr, and that's the name of that tune.

NFLforher
03-13-2007, 08:35 PM
So if I think Carr is Ok,do I have to move to California?

I can put you up for a little while. Let me know when you are going to move.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 08:36 PM

When David is gone, QB75 is gone, Hulk75 is gone, & Hollywood_Texan is still here it'll make more sense to you.

Nighthawk
03-13-2007, 08:39 PM

clue me in--what makes moon a sellout?

NFLforher
03-13-2007, 08:39 PM
When David is gone, QB75 is gone, Hulk75 is gone, & Hollywood_Texan is still here it'll make more sense to you.

Really? I'll still be here. We know that Hulk is David's brother, I wouldn't expect him to be here. However, you labeled all the folks in CA, Carr fans, and we'll be gone when David is.

I think it will be more clear to you as time goes on.

ib4texans
03-13-2007, 08:40 PM
I can put you up for a little while. Let me know when you are going to move.

I think it's a little sad that the venom has spread to this point. Don't worry I think that you can live in California and be a Texans fan.

NFLforher
03-13-2007, 08:44 PM
I think it's a little sad that the venom has spread to this point. Don't worry I think that you can live in California and be a Texans fan.

Thank you. I know it has been hard and disappointing but with Kubes at the helm, I think we're going in the right direction, finally.

Wolf
03-13-2007, 08:44 PM

so that is 3 out of the 7,622 members on here?

hmmm

TeamSport
03-13-2007, 08:49 PM

Aren't all average QBs paid superstar money? :)

My Hero
03-13-2007, 08:50 PM

hmmm

Yeah,because I won't be gone. I just got tired of reading all the endless rhetoric regarding Carr losing games and bieng trash and you can fin him in a dumpster etc.

If I didn't hope for the best for the Texans, and was only interested in California boys I would lobby for Dilfer. LOL

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 08:50 PM
That's stupid. I live in Cali. We lived in Texas and my sister was born there. I plan to retire in Texas.

There are Bears fans, Bronco fans, Dolfin fans in my neighborhood. Are they Carr fans too?

I had no doubt you lived in Cali.

I am surprised to hear of your ties to Texas.

Tell me one good thing about David's game. What makes him a starter in this league??

He isn't accurate. Most of his passes were behind his recievers. Yes, most.

He doesn't understand ball placement. He doesn't know how to lead a reciever, or throw away from coverage.

He can't escape a sack... I've never seen him do it. If protection goes south, so does David. Sure, if there's a big gap in front of him, he can take off, and pick up some yards... some first downs. But he isn't amoung the most elusive QBs in the league.

He can't read defenses... or at least I have never had the impression that he was attacking any particular weakness of any particular defense.

He doesn't understand mis-matches. if a LB is covering Moulds, I think I'd make that my first read. If Owen has Greg Ellis in man coverage against the sideline, I wouldn't motion him to the RT if I know we are running the play off right tackle. If We've got a reverse called, and I see a free Blitzer on the play side, I'd hand the ball off to RB going away from the reverse(if that was an option).

His footwork/timing was suspect as late as wek 10.

Last question. Will you be here next year, if David isn't??

NFLforher
03-13-2007, 08:53 PM

I already answered that question.

David has to improve, no doubt. I think he will, given some talent around him, like a decent o-line, RB, and another WR threat.

TeamSport
03-13-2007, 08:53 PM
do these guys honestly think Carr is better?

YES!

Heath Shuler
03-13-2007, 08:56 PM
You'd think that with all the "great" reporting by McClain, Justice and Cold Pizza last week that Carr would have been moved by now. Isn't this funny? So much for the insight that these guys have. Can anyone tell me what these guys have reported on that has come true?

My bet is that the Texans were trying to coax Carr into restructuring his contract (ala AJ) and he wouldn't budge. Hence a rumor was started that he will be traded and/or Plummer will come in and that Quinn is our highest priority in the draft, just to shake Carr's stance a little and that the intention all along was for him to be the Quarterback at a reduced price.

Makes me wonder.

Is it your position that the Texans are not actively shopping Carr? I think it is clear that the FO is not satisfied with Carr’s performance last season and they are exploring every possible option. Are you implying that just because he has not been traded/cut as of today, that it is not going to happen and it is all just to get Carr to renegotiate?

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Well, if Kolb is drafted by, say, the Raiders, I guess you'll be a Raiders fan.

Houston didn't have a team, Ricky Williams went to New Orleans... I became a N.O. Saints fan. I've got a RW, Joe Horn, and an Aaron Brooks Jersey(I know, I know)... When Ricky looked like a bust his first season, I toted the company line... "It's common for RBs to get hurt in their first year"... Year two, I said the same thing.

I was upset, when they drafted Duece his third year.

I still followed the Saints, & considered my self a Saints fan(I've got a pretty cool white Starter with the flour-de-lis on the back) for the next couple of years, because I fell in love with their players.

Joe Horn, Stallworth, MarkFields, JoeJohnson, DarrenHoward, Aaron Brooks, BooWilliams... etc... etc..

But Since Houston got it's team, I haven't got to know many of the Saints new players... all my heroes are gone..

But if anyone accused me of being a Ricky Williams fan, I'd have to agree.

NFLforher
03-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Houston didn't have a team, Ricky Williams went to New Orleans... I became a N.O. Saints fan. I've got a RW, Joe Horn, and an Aaron Brooks Jersey(I know, I know)... When Ricky looked like a bust his first season, I toted the company line... "It's common for RBs to get hurt in their first year"... Year two, I said the same thing.

I was upset, when they drafted Duece his third year.

I still followed the Saints, & considered my self a Saints fan(I've got a pretty cool white Starter with the flour-de-lis on the back) for the next couple of years, because I fell in love with their players.

Joe Horn, Stallworth, MarkFields, JoeJohnson, DarrenHoward, Aaron Brooks, BooWilliams... etc... etc..

But Since Houston got it's team, I haven't got to know many of the Saints new players... all my heroes are gone..

But if anyone accused me of being a Ricky Williams fan, I'd have to agree.

I think we could talk about Ricky all day. :victory:

My Hero
03-13-2007, 09:00 PM
I had no doubt you lived in Cali.

I am surprised to hear of your ties to Texas.

Tell me one good thing about David's game. What makes him a starter in this league??

He isn't accurate. Most of his passes were behind his recievers. Yes, most.

He doesn't understand ball placement. He doesn't know how to lead a reciever, or throw away from coverage.

He can't escape a sack... I've never seen him do it. If protection goes south, so does David. Sure, if there's a big gap in front of him, he can take off, and pick up some yards... some first downs. But he isn't amoung the most elusive QBs in the league.

He can't read defenses... or at least I have never had the impression that he was attacking any particular weakness of any particular defense.

He doesn't understand mis-matches. if a LB is covering Moulds, I think I'd make that my first read. If Owen has Greg Ellis in man coverage against the sideline, I wouldn't motion him to the RT if I know we are running the play off right tackle. If We've got a reverse called, and I see a free Blitzer on the play side, I'd hand the ball off to RB going away from the reverse(if that was an option).

His footwork/timing was suspect as late as wek 10.

You like to quote that play in the Oakland game alot.

He's probably one of the top 5 toughest QB's in the NFL.

I find validity in some of your posts.

Unfortunatly for you we have to wait until draft day to find out if they are willing to make the change, if they trade him then its cut and dry. If they keep him you may have to wriggle all the way through FTO's and beyond.

Wolf
03-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Is it your position that the Texans are not actively shopping Carr? I think it is clear that the FO is not satisfied with Carr’s performance last season and they are exploring every possible option. Are you implying that just because he has not been traded/cut as of today, that it is not going to happen and it is all just to get Carr to renegotiate?

rumor was he was going to miami for a 3rd last season too.

rubber meets the road stuff..if we find a good deal..Carr is gone, if not ..Carr stays

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Really? I'll still be here. We know that Hulk is David's brother, I wouldn't expect him to be here. However, you labeled all the folks in CA, Carr fans, and we'll be gone when David is.

I think it will be more clear to you as time goes on.

I don't think so. I said SecondHoneymoon called My Hero a California Carr fan because he is a Carr Fan from California.

I do suspect the same thing about you, but I've never said as much, until now.

I've got no beef with Hollywood_Texan.

I've got no beeg with Torontooilfan... or our Texan fan from Chicago.

Only the CaliCarr Mafia.

Heath Shuler
03-13-2007, 09:04 PM

Unfortunatly for you we have to wait until draft day to find out if they are willing to make the change, if they trade him then its cut and dry. If they keep him you may have to wriggle all the way through FTO's and beyond.

Hero, is David Carr your hero? If so what has Carr done to reach hero status in your eyes?

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 09:05 PM

hmmm

Wolf & ib4texans will most likely be gone as well.

Wolf
03-13-2007, 09:09 PM
too funny , I guess y'all ran out of excuses for not finding a logical suitable replacement for Carr if he happens to stay so now y'all change the attack to if we will be a Texan fan or not if Carr stays.

boy when y'all jump on the argument bandwagon y'all sure stick together.

and maybe TK you need to re-read some of my posts about Carr and if he stays or goes on this thread

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 09:11 PM

IF they start him, then I have to do some wiggling. I've got no problem overpaying the back up QB while the rest of the team moves on.

If Sage gets hurt, David can come in & earn the starting job. If he stinks up that game, he should be cut before the sun sets on Houston.

Heath Shuler
03-13-2007, 09:11 PM
rumor was he was going to miami for a 3rd last season too.

rubber meets the road stuff..if we find a good deal..Carr is gone, if not ..Carr stays

I think it is time for Carr to go and the writing is on the wall, but I will believe it when I see him gone. His market value is very soft, so I hope the FO will work their magic and we will be on the correct side of one of those horrible deals (see Pburnt deal).

Wolf
03-13-2007, 09:13 PM
IF they start him, then I have to do some wiggling. I've got no problem overpaying the back up QB while the rest of the team moves on.

If Sage gets hurt, David can come in & earn the starting job. If he stinks up that game, he should be cut before the sun sets on Houston.

if david is backup, I honestly don't want him here. that is too much money to pay for a backup.. if Sage beats him out... then Carr has to be gone.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Hero, is David Carr your hero? If so what has Carr done to reach hero status in your eyes?

Extreme times call for extreme measures!

My Hero,Carr Homer in my signature. I'm wearing it out there so that the man can get a little respect.

What has he ever done against this franchise (except not living up to expections of some of the posters) to rationilize the pure hatred and disgust some have displayed?

Does he disgrace the franchise? Has he flipped off fans that probably deserve it (Mike Vick)
Does he throw temper tantrums and talk out of place in press conferences?

He's not a great NFL QB,he does play with class and is one tough SOB. He got hit late in that Jaguars game,he didn't cry he didn't throw a hissy. He just came back and played the next week vs the Bills. I know he should of had better coverage in the secondary and we wouldn't have lost it with 9 sec left.

I hope that I answered your question.

Wolf
03-13-2007, 09:14 PM
I think it is time for Carr to go and the writing is on the wall, but I will believe it when I see him gone. His market value is very soft, so I hope the FO will work their magic and we will be on the correct side of one of those horrible deals (see Pburnt deal).

you aren't kidding... I am tired of the Texans getting the wrong end of the stick

Wolf
03-13-2007, 09:16 PM

My Hero,Carr Homer in my signature. I'm wearing it out there so that the man can get a little respect.

What has he ever done against this franchise (except not living up to expections of some of the posters) to rationilize the pure hatred and disgust some have displayed?

Does he disgrace the franchise? Has he flipped off fans that probably deserve it (Mike Vick)

He's not a great NFL QB,he does play with class and is one tough SOB. He got hit late in that Jaguars game,he didn't cry he didn't throw a hissy. He just came back and played the next week vs the Bills. I know he should of had better coverage in the secondary and we wouldn't have lost it with 9 sec left.

I personally think that the Texans ruined him.. he is not the same Qb that we saw from college and even from the first few games in Texan franchise history

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Really? Because I'm not here as a first timer with a NFL team. Our line has sucked beyond belief since day 1 and he's standing behind it. They fail, he goes down, unless he's Vick or someone else who can escape doom looming his way.

Does this make any sense to anyone? Can you draw a parallel?

Some of what you say makes sense. Some, not so much.

Our line... it's really hard to tell how bad they are. Especially on three step drops, and you see our QB pull the ball back. It would be nice if he threw it to a spot, or threw it away, but he'd pull it down, and take a sack. You've never seen me get on any QB for throwing INTs.

2005... I know you seen the Fresno tuck.. can't blame that on our OL.

ib4texans
03-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Wolf & ib4texans will most likely be gone as well.

Where the hell did that come from? I've found myself agreeing with your posts before. I asked if I thought Carr was Ok if I had to move to California.

So is there some kind of TK Texans allegiance test that I have to take?

Mr. White
03-13-2007, 09:21 PM
I think it's no mystery. The Texans are making another mistake trying to get more for Carr than the market will bear, and will thus end up losing a fourth round pick that they might have had.

It's like the Plummer deal--penny wise and pound foolish.

I think there's nobody who really wants Carr, and that's the name of that tune.

It's pretty obvious that the "restructure or get cut" ultimatum hasn't been made yet. I expect that it will be made after the draft if the Texans can't get a deal done. David won't restructure and the Texans will cut him.

The writing's on the wall now. We're looking to solidify the position and there's no going back now.

Sure seems like Carr has a whole lot of new fans around here the past couple of weeks. Something tells me that we aleady know them.

Pantherstang84
03-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Really? Because I'm not here as a first timer with a NFL team.

I would love to have quoted your whole post because you made some very valid points.

I have seen many sports teams, professional and amateur, that had all the talent in the world but no team.

I have also seen teams with almost no talent win a lot of games because they were a team.

I don't know the mindset in the Texans locker room. I believe Kubiak is trying to get a team environment started.

However, your really in bad shape when you have almost no talent and no team. It all starts with that four leter word that starts with a T.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 09:25 PM
I personally think that the Texans ruined him.. he is not the same Qb that we saw from college and even from the first few games in Texan franchise history

That, I can agree with.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 09:26 PM
So is there some kind of TK Texans allegiance test that I have to take?

I'll PM it to you in a minute......

Mr. White
03-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Really? Because I'm not here as a first timer with a NFL team. Our line has sucked beyond belief since day 1 and he's standing behind it.

Does this make any sense to anyone? Can you draw a parallel?

Aaron Brooks played behind a pretty good O-Line in NO. He just wasn't all that good of a QB there.

I don't think that the O-Line in Houston is as bad as we keep hearing that they are. I wouldn't go so far as to call them a good unit, but Carr has a lot of tendencies that make him an easy target for pass rushers. (Ducking his head when the rush comes, locking on to one receiver, holding on to the ball too long, etc.)

Heath Shuler
03-13-2007, 09:34 PM

No, not really but thanks.
I guess your definition of hero and mine are extremely different.

ib4texans
03-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Aaron Brooks played behind a pretty good O-Line in NO. He just wasn't all that good of a QB there.

I don't think that the O-Line in Houston is as bad as we keep hearing that they are. I wouldn't go so far as to call them a good unit, but Carr has a lot of tendencies that make him an easy target for pass rushers. (Ducking his head when the rush comes, locking on to one receiver, holding on to the ball too long, etc.)

I think that this past season we had two O-lines we would have a good pass defense and no run blocking and then we would have a great run blocking line and no pass protection. If we could somehow mutate them into one O-line,well then there will be good things coming.

ib4texans
03-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Hero

No, not really but thanks.
I guess your definition of hero and mine are extremely different.

Ummmm... I'm not trying to answer for Hero,but I think that he's saying that he is exagerating to the extreme in an attempt to balance the Carr Un-Homers

Frills
03-13-2007, 09:51 PM
The writers at the Chron are a bunch of VY nuthuggers.

They're pissed at the Texans, and have lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

They should sometimes be reminded that they're supposed to report the news not make it.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 10:44 PM

Sorry, work got in the way of continuing this today but here is Plummer his first year..in 11 games...sorry if I haven't caught up with this being posted.

62.6 completion percentage, 15 TDs, 7 ints, QB rating of 91.2. That is all world on the Texans and that is 11 games.

texan_fan_8
03-13-2007, 10:45 PM

Carr may end up being here. But i dont think he will be the starter. I can't see Kubiak putting his tail on the line all for one below average QB. I would hate to see Kubes in the 2 failed season, coming up on a third Romeo What's his name from Clevland type season. He's not going to fall on a dagger for David Carr.

Year one Okay Bob, we'll do it your way.
Year two okay Bob we Did it your way and it didn't work.

freedoggy77
03-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Sorry, work got in the way of continuing this today but here is Plummer his first year..in 11 games...sorry if I haven't caught up with this being posted.

62.6 completion percentage, 15 TDs, 7 ints, QB rating of 91.2. That is all world on the Texans and that is 11 games.

that's not too bad but Plummer thre 161 TDs and 161 INTs in his career...his retirement papers are likely to be intercepted on the way to the office (thanks to the person who has this in his sig)

trublu
03-13-2007, 10:59 PM

Plummer was playing with the Broncos not with the Cardinals while under Kubiak. If Kubiak would have been his OC at Arizona those stats would have been a little bit different.

I'm amazed when people attempt to compare Plummer's stats with the Broncos against Carr's stats with the Texans.:gun: Apples and oranges.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Plummer was playing with the Broncos not with the Cardinals while under Kubiak. If Kubiak would have been his OC at Arizona those stats would have been a little bit different.

I'm amazed when people attempt to compare Plummer's stats with the Broncos against Carr's stats with the Texans.:gun: Apples and oranges.

Wow, are you a seer?If you look at the post I put the stats in, it was in RESPONSE to someone saying his stats were not that good. Please follow before jumping. I in no way insinuated that he was the man. People crack me up about Plummer. Freedoggy and you are ripping into the guy but the fact still remains is that he took a Cards team that was horrible to the playoffs and won a game...something we haven't done here. So overall, I really wouldn't be jocking anything we have seen over him..lol

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Wow, are you a seer?If you look at the post I put the stats in, it was in RESPONSE to someone saying his stats were not that good. Please follow before jumping. I in no way insinuated that he was the man. People crack me up about Plummer. Freedoggy and you are ripping into the guy but the fact still remains is that he took a Cards team that was horrible to the playoffs and won a game...something we haven't done here. So overall, I really wouldn't be jocking anything we have seen over him..lol

but houstonfrog, Arizona is a great team with tradition and lots of playoff experience. a blind man could lead the Cardinals to a playoff victory. Carr would already have multiple Super Bowl rings if he played for a team as good as Plummer had in Arizona.

after all, we all know casserley is the greatest GM in history, and he picked David Carr #1. That is enough for me...In Casserley We Trust..oh and he is cute, says his prayers before he goes to bed, and doesnt drink beer. he is just dreamy.

signed,

carr homer

trublu
03-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Wow, are you a seer?If you look at the post I put the stats in, it was in RESPONSE to someone saying his stats were not that good. Please follow before jumping. I in no way insinuated that he was the man.

Sorry. I had seen some one else post about how good Plummer was in his first year with Denver compared to him in Arizona. When I saw your post I thought you were adding to that... My apologies.

People crack me up about Plummer. Freedoggy and you are ripping into the guy but the fact still remains is that he took a Cards team that was horrible to the playoffs and won a game...something we haven't done here. So overall, I really wouldn't be jocking anything we have seen over him..lol

I wasn't ripping into Plummer. I was writing about the posts that some people make. Before FA started alot of people were pumping Plummer up and using his stats with Denver to compare against Carr's stats with Houston. It's not really a fair comparison IMO. I just thought you were getting at the same thing on you last post...you weren't and again my apologies.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Sorry. I had seen some one else post about how good Plummer was in his first year with Denver compared to him in Arizona. When I saw your post I thought you were adding to that... My apologies.

I wasn't ripping into Plummer. I was writing about the posts that some people make. Before FA started alot of people were pumping Plummer up and using his stats with Denver to compare against Carr's stats with Houston. It's not really a fair comparison IMO. I just thought you were getting at the same thing on you last post...you weren't and again my apologies.

translation: Plummer won a playoff game in Arizona? Wow, I didn't realize that. Why didn't we try harder to complete the deal for him.

trublu
03-13-2007, 11:48 PM
translation: Plummer won a playoff game in Arizona? Wow, I didn't realize that. Why didn't we try harder to complete the deal for him.

Wow, I think you need to buy "English for dummies" cause you are way off from what I said.

And while Arizona did go to the playoff in '98. They were only 9-7. Plummer threw 17 TDs and 20 INTs; I know that is your standard of greatness, but not mine.

Malloy
03-14-2007, 05:56 AM

hm.. Thunder, I'm Danish, live in Denmark. I'm a Houston Texans fan... Guess I should have been a fan of... uhm.. the Copenhagen Wooden-Shoes? :)

HoustonFrog
03-14-2007, 07:48 AM

No problem. I don't mind the debate. I don't think he is a world beater but I have a hard time complaining about a guy who did win in a bad situation and on a good team. We haven't seen that around here.

NFLforher
03-14-2007, 10:12 AM
hm.. Thunder, I'm Danish, live in Denmark. I'm a Houston Texans fan... Guess I should have been a fan of... uhm.. the Copenhagen Wooden-Shoes? :)

Lol...well didn't ya know you can't be a fan of the Texans unless you live there?

:redtowel:

NFLforher
03-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Apart from insinuating that I am stupid and an *****, what really gets to me is that you refer to me as a Carr supporter :)

:) Thunder is ok. It's just the Cali/fan thing that bothers me. He has some really good takes and cares about the team.

Texan_Bill
03-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Will you PLEASE bring some Carlsberg when you visit Houston.....?!? :)

thunderkyss
03-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Apart from insinuating that I am stupid and an *****, what really gets to me is that you refer to me as a Carr supporter :)

no, I didn't refer to you as a Carr supporter. I referred to you as a fan(not from California)

Mr. White
03-14-2007, 10:31 AM
:) Thunder is ok. It's just the Cali/fan thing that bothers me. He has some really good takes and cares about the team.

You gotta admit that he has a point here. There'll be a mass exodus from this board as a soon as a trade gets announced.

I'll miss you guys, though. ;)

petedy
03-14-2007, 12:02 PM
I don't think so. I said SecondHoneymoon called My Hero a California Carr fan because he is a Carr Fan from California.

I do suspect the same thing about you, but I've never said as much, until now.

I've got no beef with Hollywood_Texan.

I've got no beeg with Torontooilfan... or our Texan fan from Chicago.

Only the CaliCarr Mafia.

Then it's time for an offer you cann't refuse.

My Hero
03-14-2007, 12:02 PM
You gotta admit that he has a point here. There'll be a mass exodus from this board as a soon as a trade gets announced.

I think Ahman Green is a great FA signing, for the TEXANS.
He came from GB not California.

Texan_Bill
03-14-2007, 12:11 PM

I hope there is a mass exodus... Unfortunately the ones that I want to exit, probably won't.....

:stirpot:

Texan_Bill
03-14-2007, 12:12 PM
I think Ahman Green is a great FA signing, for the TEXANS.
He came from GB not California.

He came from Nebraska, but played in Green Bay.

My Hero
03-14-2007, 12:15 PM
He came from Nebraska, but played in Green Bay.

Thank You, I did not know his state of origin. I appreciate the info.

bigTEXan8
03-14-2007, 01:09 PM
carr needs to be traded. i don't even know if he had an option (since i don't know any details of contract he signed) but i wouldn't have stuck around houston, and would have tried to stop the FO from using that option they had on me. i would have gone to another team because anything would have been better than sticking with an organization that sat on it's hands in helping the development...JMO.

My Hero
03-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Carr hasn't been moved because he's not going anywhere. It's easy to let the fans speculate and for some get their hopes up that he will be traded.

It's like a nagging wife, you give her something to humor herself so she quits bi*%@ing at you.

ib4texans
03-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Carr hasn't been moved because he's not going anywhere. It's easy to let the fans speculate and for some get their hopes up that he will be traded.

It's like a nagging wife, you give her something to humor herself so she quits bi*%@ing at you.

So what do I get my nagging wife?????

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2007, 02:57 PM

so the whole 'shopping Carr around' thing is a big ruse? its all a big ploy to placate the masses so they dont lead some sort of anti-carr crusade?

i knew that marijuana was legal in California, but I had no idea it was mandatory....

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2007, 02:59 PM

flowers and a gift card to a spa...
it works everytime unless you really screwed up in which case your better off doing nothing and just lettting it painfully pass like a kidney stone

My Hero
03-14-2007, 03:01 PM
so the whole 'shopping Carr around' thing is a big ruse? its all a big ploy to placate the masses so they dont lead some sort of anti-carr crusade?

i knew that marijuana was legal in California, but I had no idea it was manditory....

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Your wit is without equal, we just couldn't find any other dullards!

Texan_Bill
03-14-2007, 03:02 PM

i knew that marijuana was legal in California, but I had no idea it was mandatory....

This is for my benefit only:

pla•cate1 ˈpleɪ keɪt, ˈplæk eɪt - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pley-keyt, plak-eyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -cat•ed, -cat•ing.
to appease or pacify, esp. by concessions or conciliatory gestures: to placate an outraged citizenry.

ruse ruz - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rooz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
a trick, stratagem, or artifice.

Texan_Bill
03-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Okay, now I'm with you....

Texan_Bill
03-14-2007, 03:04 PM

lol..... If you don't know, you better figure it out - quick!!

real
03-14-2007, 03:07 PM

LMAO

You are an id1ot.....in a good way....:)

My Hero
03-14-2007, 03:17 PM
LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon

Then your both idiots,because it's not legal or mandatory. It just shows how much Second Honeymoon thinks he knows.

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
LMAO

to get back on topic, I gotta say that its amazing how polarizing a topic Carr is...and not just amongst Texans fans.

go to any decent NFL forum or chat lobby and you pretty much only get three responses.
a) carr is horrible and is shellshocked/ruined
b) carr needs more talent around him. could be worth risk (3rd-6th rounder)
c) hahaha your a Texans fan. haha you suck, loser.

well if we throw the 3rd response out we can see that it pretty much mirrors the perceptions on this forum as well. it seems that we just all have different timetables and expectations.

real
03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Then your both idiots,because it's not legal or mandatory. It just shows how much Second Honeymoon thinks he knows.

Smile.:)

You're on Candid Camera.

Heath Shuler
03-14-2007, 03:24 PM

I have a different theory on why your hero has not been traded: his value/worth is limited at best.
I just don’t see a hot market for a QB that over the last 10 games of the season had the same amount of illegal forward pass penalties as touchdown passes.

El Tejano
03-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Ouch!!!!

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Quote:

dude, I was just having a laugh.....

anyways, you may want to review Proposition 215 which was passed by California voters in 1996...you will find that marijuana is legal although it does maintain controlled substance status (just like prescription medication; it requires a prescription)

but anyways, back to Carr talk errrrr football talk

NFLforher
03-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Quote:

Exactly, nothing.

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2007, 03:32 PM
I have a different theory on why your hero has not been traded: his value/worth is limited at best.
I just don’t see a hot market for a QB that over the last 10 games of the season had the same amount of illegal forward pass penalties as touchdown passes.

ouch indeed.....thanks again, asserley

NFLforher
03-14-2007, 03:33 PM

I hate it when work gets in the way of sports.

ib4texans
03-14-2007, 03:34 PM
it works everytime unless you really screwed up in which case your better off doing nothing and just lettting it painfully pass like a kidney stone

I hate to interupt the sparring match between you guys.

What spa do you suggest? LOL I'm just trying to ease the moment.

NFLforher
03-14-2007, 03:35 PM

Spa and flowers...you DO know something. :yes:

NFLforher
03-14-2007, 03:36 PM

I'm not going anywhere. :yawn:

:)

My Hero
03-14-2007, 03:38 PM
dude, I was just having a laugh.....

anyways, you may want to review Proposition 215 which was passed by California voters in 1996...you will find that marijuana is legal although it does maintain controlled substance status (just like prescription medication; it requires a prescription)

but anyways, back to Carr talk errrrr football talk

You sound like you been smoking the J dude,

Legal by prescription does not legalize to Joe Blow,otherwise steriods would be legal and all of the SuperCali teams could juice up legaly.

My Hero
03-14-2007, 03:41 PM

Well as far as my count went that would be 2 illegal forward passes against the Titans. So are you saying that in 10 games he only had 2 TD passes?

I'm not sure I like your math.

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I hate to interupt the sparring match between you guys.

What spa do you suggest? LOL I'm just trying to ease the moment.

not many full service spas out here in The Woodlands. When I lived downtown, she liked D'Elegance.

just find a place with a mud bath, massage, and the whole haircut/pedicure/manicure thing. the nice places will also have like pina coladas/ritas and stuff.

signed,
Dear Abby

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Spa and flowers...you DO know something. :yes:

enough to get by :)

Heath Shuler
03-14-2007, 03:46 PM
[/B]

Well as far as my count went that would be 2 illegal forward passes against the Titans. So are you saying that in 10 games he only had 2 TD passes?

My math has nothing to do with it. Check for yourself my Californian friend:
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/306268/gamelogs/2006

real
03-14-2007, 03:49 PM
[/b]

This tells me you don't even know Carr the player, and love Carr the man.

Your boy had 11 on the season.

ib4texans
not many full service spas out here in The Woodlands. When I lived downtown, she liked D'Elegance.

just find a place with a mud bath, massage, and the whole haircut/pedicure/manicure thing. the nice places will also have like pina coladas/ritas and stuff.

signed,
Dear Abby

Dear Abby,

Thanks for always finding the time to respond to my posts.

I am a QB for an undisclosed NFL football team, what bothers me is that some of the fans there are really mean. There is this one guy Second Honeymoon................................. LOL

Second Honeymoon

Good Morning children, the word for today is owned as in 'Heath Shuler just owned My Hero.'

santo
03-14-2007, 03:50 PM
[/b]

sad but true....:(

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Dear Abby,

Thanks for always finding the time to respond to my posts.

I am a QB for an undisclosed NFL football team, what bothers me is that some of the fans there are really mean. There is this one guy Second Honeymoon................................. LOL

well 'QB for an undisclosed NFL football team' please check your bank balance and you should start feeling damn good about things. You are a 20 something millionaire while Second Honeymoon is a 30 something renter. (not for much longer though)

edit: WHOA!! Pete Rose just admitted to betting on the Reds every night when he was manager. Breaking News.

ib4texans
03-14-2007, 04:01 PM
well 'QB for an undisclosed NFL football team' please check your bank balance and you should start feeling damn good about things. You are a 20 something millionaire while Second Honeymoon is a 30 something renter. (not for much longer though)

edit: WHOA!! Pete Rose just admitted to betting on the Reds every night when he was manager. Breaking News.

Hey,sometimes your funny. I read somewhere that you were like a rabid dog.

HOU-TEX
03-14-2007, 04:05 PM
This tells me you don't even know Carr the player, and love Carr the man.

Your boy had 11 on the season.

Which means......is My Hero actually Melody Carr? lol! I hope so, if not, someone cherishes the rainbow a little too much.:redface:

NFLforher
03-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Which means......is My Hero actually Melody Carr? lol! I hope so, if not, someone cherishes the rainbow a little too much.:redface:

Melody doesn't have time to post here. She has three little boys.

thunderkyss
03-14-2007, 08:57 PM

I knew he only had 11 TDs on the season. 12 INTs. & I knew he only threw 1 TD over the last 10 games of any consequence.

But when you say it like that.

"He threw as many illegal forward passes as TD passes over the last 10 games of the season"

It really makes you say, "Hmmmm"

Aiden
03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
I really hope he is traded. He needs a change as much as the Texans and the message board. Maybe he will be part of a Draft Day trade???

Arky
03-14-2007, 09:19 PM
"He threw as many illegal forward passes as TD passes over the last 10 games of the season"

It really makes you say, "Hmmmm"

Or

the Texans had just as many wins (4) as illegal forward passes (2) and passing TD's (2) in the last 10 games....

Spin, man - it's all how you spin it... ;)

Texans were 4-6 in their last 10 games, 4-4 in their last 8.

Of the 6 losses, 4 were by 6 points or less.....

petedy
03-14-2007, 10:39 PM

Tell your Dad I said Hi and that the last lead he gave me on a bet was a bummer.

My Hero
03-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Or

the Texans had just as many wins (4) as illegal forward passes (2) and passing TD's (2) in the last 10 games....

Spin, man - it's all how you spin it... ;)

Yipee! we can start this guy who has 2 less TD passes in his career than David Carr had last season. Yipee!# 18 Sage Rosenfels
Position: QB
Height: 6-4
Weight: 225
Born: 03/06/1978
College: Iowa State
NFL Experience: 7
Career Stats | Game Logs: 01 02 03 04 05 06 | Situational Stats | Team Roster

Passing
Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int 20+ 40+ Rate
2001 Washington 0 0 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 ---
2002 Miami Dolphins 4 0 3 0 0 0.00 0 0 0 0/0 0 39.6
2003 Miami Dolphins 2 0 6 4 66.7 50 8.33 21 1 0 0/0 0 131.9
2004 Miami Dolphins 3 1 39 16 41.0 264 6.77 76 1 3 3/16 1 41.0
2005 Miami Dolphins 4 1 61 34 55.7 462 7.57 77 4 3 0/0 5 81.5
2006 Houston Txns 4 0 39 27 69.2 265 6.79 28 3 1 1/5 4 0 103.0
TOTAL 17 2 148 81 54.7 1041 7.03 77 9 7 4/21 13 4 77.6

real
03-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Yipee! we can start this guy who has 2 less TD passes in his career than David Carr had last season. Yipee!# 18 Sage Rosenfels
Position: QB
Height: 6-4
Weight: 225
Born: 03/06/1978
College: Iowa State
NFL Experience: 7
Career Stats | Game Logs: 01 02 03 04 05 06 | Situational Stats | Team Roster

Passing
Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int 20+ 40+ Rate
2001 Washington 0 0 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 ---
2002 Miami Dolphins 4 0 3 0 0 0.00 0 0 0 0/0 0 39.6
2003 Miami Dolphins 2 0 6 4 66.7 50 8.33 21 1 0 0/0 0 131.9
2004 Miami Dolphins 3 1 39 16 41.0 264 6.77 76 1 3 3/16 1 41.0
2005 Miami Dolphins 4 1 61 34 55.7 462 7.57 77 4 3 0/0 5 81.5
2006 Houston Txns 4 0 39 27 69.2 265 6.79 28 3 1 1/5 4 0 103.0
TOTAL 17 2 148 81 54.7 1041 7.03 77 9 7 4/21 13 4 77.6

You shouldn't have to dog another player to make your case that Carr should start.

real
03-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Or

Spin, man - it's all how you spin it...

And we won all those games, because we made our QB less of a factor.;)

My Hero
03-15-2007, 01:22 PM
You shouldn't have to dog another player to make your case that Carr should start.

Oh come on please, how many times have I heard the 11TD stat from just your posts alone. I'm sure your just kidding though,because you guys never dog on Carr.

Specnatz
03-15-2007, 01:29 PM

Of course you can just dog the player for not having any stats worth talking about and he has been with two teams and how many OC's and none thought he was a starter,that might tell you more than anything. But then again facts are not improtant unless it is dogging out Carr.

And before some yahoo calls me a sheep, I have already said it would be best for both to part ways.

real
03-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Oh come on please, how many times have I heard the 11TD stat from just your posts alone. I'm sure your just kidding though,because you guys never dog on Carr.

I have never heard anyone Dog David in order to build up Sage.

real
03-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Of course you can just dog the player for not having any stats worth talking about and he has been with two teams and how many OC's and none thought he was a starter,that might tell you more than anything. But then again facts are not improtant unless it is dogging out Carr.

And before some yahoo calls me a sheep, I have already said it would be best for both to part ways.

What's it matter what Sage has done ?:confused:

Sage isn't our starter.

My Hero
03-15-2007, 02:03 PM

Sage isn't our starter.

But you want him to be.

HOU-TEX
03-15-2007, 02:08 PM

Sage isn't our starter.

Agreed. At this time the Texans do not have a legitimate starter at the QB position. Frankly, I'm not sure what we're going to do at QB. Neither Carr or Sage is the answer though.:)

real
03-15-2007, 02:21 PM
But you want him to be.

That has more to do with David than Sage.

real
03-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Agreed. At this time the Texans do not have a legitimate starter at the QB position. Frankly, I'm not sure what we're going to do at QB. Neither Carr or Sage is the answer though.:)

I'm not going that far. I don't know if he is, and I don't know if he isn't.

My Hero
03-15-2007, 02:34 PM
That has more to do with David than Sage.

Ok so let's say we cut Carr and start Sage. Do we then go to Porter if Sage can't complete anything,throws too many int's,get's hurt?

Honoring Earl 34
03-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Ok so let's say we cut Carr and start Sage. Do we then go to Porter if Sage can't complete anything,throws too many int's,get's hurt?

You play like they played Oakland and Cleveland .