PDA

View Full Version : On Free Agency

TexansSeminole
03-13-2007, 01:43 PM
I've been away from a computer and TV for a week and a half. I guess Spring Break can do that to you. I've come back to Ahman Green, Jordan Black, and Danny Clark. That's a RB, OL, and LB. Three positions that I know that most people on this board considered to be weaknesses.

Ahman Green is the most glaring to me and I love the pick up. We have young runningbacks right now with Lundy, Taylor, and Williams. Dayne is middle of the road, but a contributer. Ahman Green adds a veteran, former probowler, and 1,000 yard rusher. This allows Lundy to become a #2 running back capable of 400-600 yards. Wali Lundy has always reminded me of Dominic Rhodes and I think he can be that type of back for us.

Jordan Black gives us depth at OT and OL. He replaces the OT spot on the roster that Zach Wiegert left. I guess he will player LT. I don't know much about Danny Clark, but I know that our LB core last year was weak so any addition at this point should be a good thing. More competition means better play.

These are my thoughts about what we have done so far. I dont know what he general consensus is on the board yet but that is kind of what I am doing in this thread.

What do you guys think?

Texan_Bill
03-13-2007, 01:49 PM
You didn't mention that Mark Bruener and Chad Stanley were both re-signed.

jaayteetx
03-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I see Chris Taylor taking over the #2 RB position, if he can stay away from the fumble problems,that is.

Spike
03-14-2007, 12:36 AM
With the limited cap space that we had, I am happy with all three additions we have made in the past couple of weeks. There are some posters on this board who wish we could have done more but, as you have noted, we have added three players to the mix that may be able to step into starting roles and at the very least add quality depth our line up. Bottom line, these additions make us better.