PDA

View Full Version : Help Me....

TEXANFAN23435
03-12-2007, 10:26 PM
I would like to get some input as to how many offensive players have we had during the first five years via FA, Trade or the Draft that would've cracked the starting lineup of the top 10 - 12 teams in the NFL?

1. Johnson (The Man, could start anywhere!!)
2. Green (Whoops, this is his 1st year. Depends on the OL.)
3. D. Davis (Only had a healthy year.) (No longer has any value.)

Whew, that was exhausting! Please add your opinions.

mexican_texan
03-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Carr
Pitts
Bruener
Daniels
Moulds(Eagles)
Gaffney(Pats)

swtbound07
03-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Carr
Pitts
Bruener
Daniels
Moulds(Eagles)
Gaffney(Pats)

Only because rex grossman really really sucks

mexican_texan
03-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Only because rex grossman really really sucks
McNair and Kyle Boller aren't exactly elite either.

Specnatz
03-12-2007, 11:01 PM
McNair and Kyle Boller aren't exactly elite either.

I am sure Cleveland has had elite QBs as well and so has Buffalo. Oh yeah and do not even forget to mention the raiders and there QB situation.

tsip
03-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Carr
Pitts
Bruener
Daniels
Moulds(Eagles)
Gaffney(Pats)

...yea buddy, teams are lining up to get at Carr's 12tds/yr

freedoggy77
03-13-2007, 09:35 AM
CARR for sure :sarcasm:

threetoedpete
03-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Well I guess runner's brave new world lasted all of two days , four threads and three posts. :this: Like tatar chips or peanuts,if they're on the table, just can't eat one.

A Texan
03-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Ephraim Salaam has already been a starter on a top 12 team.

Yankee_In_TX
03-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Carr
Pitts
Bruener
Daniels
Moulds(Eagles)
Gaffney(Pats)

I honestly think Carr is a fair name on this list, given the question asked. Had we released Carr during the first five years, he would have likely been picked up by a top 10-12 team.

Vinny
03-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I honestly think Carr is a fair name on this list, given the question asked. Had we released Carr during the first five years, he would have likely been picked up by a top 10-12 team.Top 10 teams and Carr? You gotta be joking. If he was that good teams would be lining up to give the Texans a first round pick.....and as we have seen, the Texans can't give him away. In 80 NFL starts he has like 3 wins with more than 2 TD passes plus 200+ yards passing in the same game (a franchise QB carries a team from time to time...just like a franchise RB does).

AlbinoRat
03-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Top 10 teams and Carr? You gotta be joking. If he was that good teams would be lining up to give the Texans a first round pick.....and as we have seen, the Texans can't give him away. In 80 NFL starts he has like 3 wins with more than 2 TD passes plus 200+ yards passing in the same game (a franchise QB carries a team from time to time...just like a franchise RB does).

I agree with you about everything but the first round pick, vinny. Remember Daunte Culpepper. The Dolphins got him for a 2nd. And he's much better than Carr.

Vinny
03-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I agree with you about everything but the first round pick, vinny. Remember Daunte Culpepper. The Dolphins got him for a 2nd. And he's much better than Carr.They traded for an INJURED Cullpepper too. A guy that wasn't healed yet....uninjured he would have gotten a first since there would have been no mystery if he would be as mobile as he used to be. Looking back, he wasn't mobile or ready to play yet...they brought him back way too soon in retrospect. Carr hasn't done anything remotely as successful as Cullpepper on top of that.

Yankee_In_TX
03-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Top 10 teams and Carr? You gotta be joking. If he was that good teams would be lining up to give the Texans a first round pick.....and as we have seen, the Texans can't give him away. In 80 NFL starts he has like 3 wins with more than 2 TD passes plus 200+ yards passing in the same game (a franchise QB carries a team from time to time...just like a franchise RB does).

I'm willing to bet (without looking over the last 5 years), there were top teams in need of a QB who might have assessed Carr was their best chance to win. I've seen worse QB's get picked up.

Based on Carr's "potential" the first 5 years, not his numbers. A lot of people (including me) said for many years "Carr would be a great QB else where."

Of course, today, I think he will be lucky to back up some where.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 03:38 PM
With the Pats getting more help are reciever, I find it hard to think that Gaffney would be a starter. He looks like a journeyman at this point instead of a clear starter.

SESupergenius
03-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Top 10 teams and Carr? You gotta be joking. If he was that good teams would be lining up to give the Texans a first round pick.....and as we have seen, the Texans can't give him away.
how does "Sure we are entertaining offers" equate to "the Texans can't give him away."?

freedoggy77
03-13-2007, 03:44 PM
They traded for an INJURED Cullpepper too. A guy that wasn't healed yet....uninjured he would have gotten a first since there would have been no mystery if he would be as mobile as he used to be. Looking back, he wasn't mobile or ready to play yet...they brought him back way too soon in retrospect. Carr hasn't done anything remotely as successful as Cullpepper on top of that.

shoot carr in the leg and we will get a second at least...and maybe his footwork will improve :victory:

Yankee_In_TX
03-13-2007, 07:58 PM
how does "Sure we are entertaining offers" equate to "the Texans can't give him away."?

Hey, the question said during the first five years. We're in year 6 :)

AND the more you roll back the clock the higher Carr's stock because of his "potential."