PDA

View Full Version : My first thread about VY and MW

baba ganoush
03-12-2007, 06:17 PM
I was recently just looking around at our message board and realized that if we would have drafed Vince Young, we wouldn't be worried about going after another QB or the whole Carr deal, along with the draft. If we didn't take Mario Williams we would be looking at guys like Jamaal Anderson and Gaines Adams more, which would take alot of stress/pressure on our front office right now knowing that we have a young gun running the offense and just a few guys we could add through the draft to help with our pass rushing...it kinda makes more sence to me now, why everyone is talking the way they do about the texans...i cant believe it took me a year to figure out...

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2007, 06:21 PM
I was recently just looking around at our message board and realized that if we would have drafed Vince Young, we wouldn't be worried about going after another QB or the whole Carr deal, along with the draft. If we didn't take Mario Williams we would be looking at guys like Jamaal Anderson and Gaines Adams more, which would take alot of stress/pressure on our front office right now knowing that we have a young gun running the offense and just a few guys we could add through the draft to help with our pass rushing...it kinda makes more sence to me now, why everyone is talking the way they do about the texans...i cant believe it took me a year to figure out...

If we had taken Vince Young last year, everyone would have called us idiots and that we were pandering to our local fans instead of trying to build a good football team. I don't know if Vince is as successful on our team as he was on the Texans. He might have been but I think it would have taken him a lot more time to acclimate. He's definitely not the ROY if we draft him.

It really never was about MW or VY except in the minds of local fans who thought it would be cool to have a home-town boy come in and save the team. It was always about MW or RB.

baba ganoush
03-12-2007, 06:25 PM
im sorta happy that it worked out the way it did cause now we can shoot for Kevin Kolb!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

JCTexan
03-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I don't know if Vince is as successful on our team as he was on the Texans.

Don't you mean 'Titans'?

He might have been but I think it would have taken him a lot more time to acclimate. He's definitely not the ROY if we draft him

The Titans did start the year 0-5 without Young.

P.S I think we made the right choice in taking Mario Williams. He's going to be a beast.

trutxn
03-12-2007, 06:33 PM
If we had taken Vince Young last year, everyone would have called us idiots and that we were pandering to our local fans instead of trying to build a good football team. I don't know if Vince is as successful on our team as he was on the Texans. He might have been but I think it would have taken him a lot more time to acclimate. He's definitely not the ROY if we draft him.

It really never was about MW or VY except in the minds of local fans who thought it would be cool to have a home-town boy come in and save the team. It was always about MW or RB.

Thats BS, Vince would have done well in any system. He was the best athlete, hands down, even with Reggie in the draft last year. Being a hometown guy was an excuse not to take him. Every football player dreams to play for his hometown professional team. VY will represent any team he plays for well, even the Houston Titans.

thunderkyss
03-12-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm over the Vy thing, but honestly. If the F.O. didn't give Young a serious once over, then they're idio2s. If they looked at him, and said, "eh, he'll never make it in this league" then they're idio2s. If they looked at him & said, "Man if we weren't committed to developing Carr, I'd take that guy in a heartbeat." Then I can completely understand where they are coming from.

I really am surprised that the optomism about David has changed so much in such a short time. I don't know how anyone could look at him over the last two years, and not understand they'll need to start over completely with him, meaning it will take him at least two years to get his head out of his arse.

I mean I was optomistic, and hoped that David would have stepped up to the challenge, answered the call, and started gaming around week 9 or 10... but realistically, I knew it was a reach.

But so what, we didn't draft Peyton, we didn't draft Palmer. We didn't draft Brees, and we didn't draft Marc Bulger... boo hoo. There will be others, and we'll have our opportunities to aquire & develop special QBs.

We're going to win some games... we're going to get into the playoffs, and before you know it, we're going to bring a SuperBowl to Houston. Where VinceYoung plays, and the success/failure of his carreer won't have any effect on that.

ib4texans
03-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Thats BS, Vince would have done well in any system. He was the best athlete, hands down, even with Reggie in the draft last year. Being a hometown guy was an excuse not to take him. Every football player dreams to play for his hometown professional team. VY will represent any team he plays for well, even the Houston Titans.

No........................I don't think so. His athleticism can't compare to Mario's.

stingray
03-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Same thing with the the Raiders. If they would have taken Leinart instead of Huff last year, then they would have been in a position to Take Calvin Johnson. Now they're confused on who to take this year.

Erratic Assassin
03-12-2007, 06:40 PM
I...recently...realized that if we would have drafed Vince Young, we wouldn't be worried about going after another QB

Wow!

afcman
03-12-2007, 06:44 PM

UH? :rolleyes:

txwooley
03-12-2007, 06:47 PM
His athleticism can't compare to Mario's

I whole heartedly agree. VY is a great athlete, but because of his position he garners more attention than exceptional athletes playing less high profile positions. VY is better than RB, but MW is better than VY in their respective positions.

Titan "Tack" Fan
03-12-2007, 07:25 PM
No........................I don't think so. His athleticism can't compare to Mario's.

Yes it can. He's faster, quicker. Only thing Mario has on him is 2 inches and more weight room. Vince definitely has as much raw athleticism as mario.

blockhead83
03-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Eh, it goes both ways Baba. If we'd taken VY, we wouldn't need a QB and would look harder at DE's in the first. We took MW, so we're not looking as hard at DE's in the first but are looking at QB's. It's just flipping which year's you look for what.

And I have to agree with tack on the athleticism. Strictly by combine numbers, Mario's more impressive IMO, but when they put pads on Young's size/athleticism combo is peerless at the QB position.