PDA

View Full Version : Jags WR rollin' with cop's gun

OzzO
03-12-2007, 07:01 PM
This (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6561630?MSNHPHMA) can't be good.

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Charles Sharon was charged with stealing a handgun that police said was found under the seat of the player's sport utility vehicle during a drug-related search.

Sharon and a companion were arrested Saturday night after a Tampa police officer noticed the odor of marijuana coming from Sharon's SUV parked in the Ybor City entertainment district, a police report said.

A search of the vehicle turned up a Glock Model 27 handgun under the driver's seat. Tampa police reported that the gun was stolen last year from a federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agent in Putnam County, but an ATF spokesman said Monday that the weapon belonged to an agent of the state Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco.

An official of that agency did not immediately return a phone call Monday.

Police spokeswoman Lisa Parashis said it was unclear how Sharon got the agent's gun.

Sharon was charged with grand theft of a firearm and carrying a concealed firearm, both felonies. He was released Sunday morning after paying a $4,000 bond, jail records showed.....

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Tampa police reported that the gun was stolen last year from a federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agent in Putnam County, but an ATF spokesman said Monday that the weapon belonged to an agent of the state Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco.

Huh? What? Does that mean that he stole it from the officer or that the officer lent it to him or that the officer reported the gun stolen before/after lending it to him?

Or is it a plant? It's so confusing.

stingray
03-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I just heard on ESPN that the Bengals were impressed and signed him to a three year contract.

energyo
03-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I just heard on ESPN that the Bengals were impressed and signed him to a three year contract.

lmao...

Ole Miss Texan
03-12-2007, 10:28 PM

hahaha good one...but i thought it was a 5-year deal due to a double felony.

Very interesting to find out how that gun ended up with him...big big NO NO.

and how was his bond only $4,000???? that seems a little cheap to me. (not that I could afford it but I also wouldn't have a stolen cops gun.)

vtech9
03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
hahaha good one...but i thought it was a 5-year deal due to a double felony.

Very interesting to find out how that gun ended up with him...big big NO NO.

and how was his bond only $4,000???? that seems a little cheap to me. (not that I could afford it but I also wouldn't have a stolen cops gun.)

shhhh...shhhh....he's an undercover ATF agent...lol.

Ole Miss Texan
03-13-2007, 01:28 AM
shhhh...shhhh....he's an undercover ATF agent...lol.

oops...what a way to blow his cover!

kastofsna
03-13-2007, 10:49 AM
marijuana? in ybor?? i'm stunned.

PapaL
03-13-2007, 04:25 PM
marijuana? in ybor?? i'm stunned.

Oh, so you've been to Ybor before? Nice town, lol. I spent one long eventful night there. Great town to get in trouble in.