PDA

View Full Version : Carr situation (realityville)

HeroTime
03-11-2007, 10:59 PM
RS says we are bringing in a veteran to challenge Carr:
Garcia courted turned down because he wanted starter money.
Ramsey came in would have been a cheap guy to push Carr.

RS says 2 teams called about Carr's availibility and says basically anyone can be had if it makes the team better:
Force fed a gazillion internet rumors by Dick Justice and Cross Dressing Mclain, which the fanbase buys along with that oceonfront property in Arizona or however the song goes, yet still no trade.

Do we see a pattern here yet?

I want the Texans to win as bad as the next guy so don't call me a Carr homer or hater.

DarkNinja
03-11-2007, 11:15 PM

RS says 2 teams called about Carr's availibility and says basically anyone can be had if it makes the team better:
Force fed a gazillion internet rumors by Dick Justice and Cross Dressing Mclain, which the fanbase buys along with that oceonfront property in Arizona or however the song goes, yet still no trade.

I want the Texans to win as bad as the next guy so don't call me a Carr homer or hater.

Honestly, I'm a Carr hater. If they are going to keep Carr, make him work/practice harder than anyone one the team to prove himself b/c he is not proving anything....you know just like on a REAL everyday job. Hey bring in a special vet QB coach just to tutor him on the field. Make them both play catch in the backyard somewhere. I'm ready to spend my money on a different team at this point....I don't care if he goes or stays.:confused:

Navy_Chris
03-11-2007, 11:19 PM
A typical halftime speech in the Houston Texans' locker room goes something like this I bet:

"Hey guys, we're down 34-21. What's that all about? If we're gonna lose, let's do it right. I'll meet you guys back on the field in a half hour so we can get this game over with. I gotta go #2."

SESupergenius
03-11-2007, 11:42 PM
McClain and Justice are the type of guys that try to make the news instead of reporting it. They've had an agenda ever since Vince Young came into the picture and just won't let up. They will not go out on a limb and guarantee success if David Carr is not the QB of the Texans. So far what has McClain been right about this offseason?

Daonly
03-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Honestly I think David Carr will be a Raider. He's a Hometown Guy, Bakersfield Played at Fresno, from California, Being back on the westcoast will do him some good. Raiders fans thinks David Carr will be the next Jim Plunkett. Played on a bad team got drilled to the ground then goes to Oakland to lead them to the Super Bowl. They Need D-line help in the worst way.

So let's offer them David Carr Jason Babin #8, and our second rounder for Oaklands #1 overall their 3 rounder and 5 round picks.

I also see a 3 team trade between Houston,Bucs and Raiders.

Houston moves up and take Adrian Peterson. Dropping Russell and Quinn and Thomas to the Lions and Browns. Lions Take Thomas, Browns Take Either Russell or Quinn.

Bucs Takes Calvin Johnson at #4 and ships him to Oakland for Moss and Okeye drated #8 Bucs gives Houston rights to Jake Plummer.

Draft Trade Recap Results

Houston Recieves: Adrian Peterson #1 Overall. Raiders 3rd rounder, Raiders 5th rounder ship to Bucs for the rights of Jake Plummer.

Oakland Recieves: Calvin Johnson #4 Overall, David Carr, Jason Babin, Houston 2nd rounder.

Bucs Recieves: Okeye #8th overall, Randy Moss, Raiders 5th rounder (plummer).

What you guys think? :wild:

Navy_Chris
03-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Honestly I think David Carr will be a Raider. He's a Hometown Guy, Bakersfield Played at Fresno, from California, Being back on the westcoast will do him some good. Raiders fans thinks David Carr will be the next Jim Plunkett. Played on a bad team got drilled to the ground then goes to Oakland to lead them to the Super Bowl. They Need D-line help in the worst way.

So let's offer them David Carr Jason Babin #8, and our second rounder for Oaklands #1 overall their 3 rounder and 5 round picks.

Houston moves up and take Adrian Peterson. Dropping Russell and Quinn and Thomas to the Lions and Browns. Lions Take Thomas, Browns Take Either Russell or Quinn.

Bucs Takes Calvin Johnson at #4 and ships him to Oakland for Moss and Okeye drated #8 Bucs gives Houston rights to Jake Plummer.

Houston Recieves: Adrian Peterson #1 Overall. Raiders 3rd rounder, Raiders 5th rounder ship to Bucs for the rights of Jake Plummer.

Oakland Recieves: Calvin Johnson #4 Overall, David Carr, Jason Babin, Houston 2nd rounder.

Since Plummer officially filed his retirement papers, I don't think the Bucs hold his rights anymore. That could throw a wrench into this plan.

TexansSB07
03-11-2007, 11:50 PM
McClain and Justice are the type of guys that try to make the news instead of reporting it. They've had an agenda ever since Vince Young came into the picture and just won't let up. They will not go out on a limb and guarantee success if David Carr is not the QB of the Texans. So far what has McClain been right about this offseason?

that Kevin Kolb is his new mancrush, I for one am all for making a list and having a betting pool on who will be Mcclains mancrush in 2008...anyone with me

Navy_Chris
03-11-2007, 11:53 PM
that Kevin Kolb is his new mancrush, I for one am all for making a list and having a betting pool on who will be Mcclains mancrush in 2008...anyone with me

i'm with you.

perhaps it will be morten andersen...maybe brett favre...maybe he'll think Hakeem O should give football a shot

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Since Plummer officially filed his retirement papers, I don't think the Bucs hold his rights anymore. That could throw a wrench into this plan.

No, if he decides to unretire, the Buccs will hold his rights and I think it's for the duration of his current contract. So, let's say he's got 2 years left on his contract, he has to wait 2 years before being able to come back as an unrestricted free agent.. I THINK. Don't quote me on that.

If that wasn't the case, someone like a Lance Briggs who's pissed about getting franchised would just retire, sit out a little bit, and then come back and pick whichever team he wanted to play for.

dvs1
03-12-2007, 01:52 AM

I'll take Anthony Alridge.

DocBar
03-12-2007, 02:14 AM
A typical halftime speech in the Houston Texans' locker room goes something like this I bet:

"Hey guys, we're down 34-21. What's that all about? If we're gonna lose, let's do it right. I'll meet you guys back on the field in a half hour so we can get this game over with. I gotta go #2."

I guess it's all DC's fault we "usually" give up 34 first half points. I thought DC was better at D than that!!! With D like that, he has no NBA career ahead of him, either.

Texan_Bill
03-12-2007, 07:51 AM

McFadden.....

Silver Oak
03-12-2007, 08:02 AM
I guess it's all DC's fault we "usually" give up 34 first half points. I thought DC was better at D than that!!! With D like that, he has no NBA career ahead of him, either.

rep your way!

DC has his problems but he doesn't miss blocking assignments or let receivers run by him for consecutive td's.

Texan_Bill
03-12-2007, 08:09 AM
rep your way!

DC has his problems but he doesn't miss blocking assignments or let receivers run by him for consecutive td's.

Not to mention a TD pass with like 9 seconds left in the game to let the Bills win...

rascous
03-12-2007, 08:10 AM

Not likely. Oakland dosen't have to trade anything to get CJ and TB the same with Okeye. Moss will probably be signed with Green Bay (or someone else ) before the draft. Plummer swears he is retired for now. Oakland might be interested in DC, but if there is a trade there, I just don't see it a 3 way trade.

Texan_Bill
03-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Not likely. Oakland dosen't have to trade anything to get CJ and TB the same with Okeye. Moss will probably be signed with Green Bay (or someone else ) before the draft. Plummer swears he is retired for now. Oakland might be interested in DC, but if there is a trade there, I just don't see it a 3 way trade.

What happened to ALL the talk about this lately? The rumor was hot and heavy for the first couple of days, but lately it seems to have slowed down. Did I miss anything? Has anything changed?

freedoggy77
03-12-2007, 08:53 AM
I like the idea of a trade but if we had #1 I would use it on Thomas or Johnson, not Peterson.

thunderkyss
03-12-2007, 09:10 AM

Halftime is only about 12 minutes long.

Honoring Earl 34
03-12-2007, 09:47 AM

See 1st Colts game , see New England game .... yes he has a big part .

Texan_Bill
03-12-2007, 09:49 AM
See 1st Colts game , see New England game .... yes he has a big part .

Him having a big part, is not the same as it ALL being his fault. See Buffalo.

texan_fan_8
03-12-2007, 11:18 AM

Yeah it is, because he can't keep the awefense (sic) on the filed for more than 1 or 2 plays at a time.

snap fumble

snap 1 yd completion
snap fumble

snap 2 yrd completiong
snap intercetion

Should i keep going.

SamuraiSword
03-12-2007, 11:30 AM

I can't believe they are going to bring him back. *sigh* I hope carr is prepared for all the boos and hisses when his name is called.....

Meloy
03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I can't believe they are going to bring him back. *sigh* I hope carr is prepared for all the boos and hisses when his name is called....."$1million. $2million. $3million, etc." Yeah, he will be prepared to hear the boos. However, just like playing in the other teams arena regardless of the sport, good plays tend to quieten the noise. David should play better as second year in system and the negative comments all off season may make him more determined "to show" the fans and Dunte. Our two lines come back healthy and avoid the injury bug; Demeco and Mario add to last year and we should be a better team. That is without even adding through the draft. When you pick up 3 possible starters in Free Agency that ain't too shabby regardless of why you had to sign them. At worst, all bring depth.

Texan_Bill
03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
awefense

That's pretty funny!!

real
03-12-2007, 11:59 AM
David should play better as second year in system and the negative comments all off season may make him more determined "to show" the fans and Dunte.

He SHOULD play better, but he won't.

We will be a bad team as long as David is the starter.

texfan4ever
03-12-2007, 12:07 PM

There is no way that will happen. Calvin Johnson is suggested to be the best WR in a decade... since Randy Moss pretty much. That would be like trading Young Randy Moss for an older Randy Moss. Probably won't happen.

The Raiders will be better suited for someone like Jamarcus Russell. David Carr has got an arm, but Jamarcus can throw the ball 80 yards. The Raiders are not going to pass that up.

Adrienne Peterson would be great to have in a Texans Uniform, but they just signed Ahman Green for big cash. They aren't going to be looking for anyone else. It's probably best they keep everything the way it is. We might be able to pick up Quinn in the first round. I think that would be the best bet for the Texans. And by looking at some of these Mock Drafts, looks like that might be the best pick at the time.

Texanfan4ever
03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
I can't believe they are going to bring him back. *sigh* I hope carr is prepared for all the boos and hisses when his name is called.....

Do you think you HELP your team, the players, by booing and hissing? If you are a Texan fan first and foremost, to boo ANY of the players defeats your purpose.

I think the FO is well aware of the Carr dilemma. Your booing won't help that, it will only hurt the guys playing the game.

Have you thought about being positive? It makes you feel better too.:wheel:

real
03-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Do you think you HELP your team, the players, by booing and hissing? If you are a Texan fan first and foremost, to boo ANY of the players defeats your purpose.

I think the FO is well aware of the Carr dilemma. Your booing won't help that, it will only hurt the guys playing the game.

Different strokes, different folks.

Texan_Bill
03-12-2007, 12:27 PM

Although, the constant booing got Chris Palmer fired..... :yikes:

Silver Oak
03-12-2007, 12:59 PM
He SHOULD play better, but he won't.

Could I please borrow your crystal ball that foretells the future? I need the winning lottery numbers.

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Could I please borrow your crystal ball that foretells the future? I need the winning lottery numbers.

We've got several around here.

Most of them are broken, however, and you can't tell by looking at them which is which.

real
03-12-2007, 01:10 PM

No crystal ball needed...

Just a little common sense.

GP
03-12-2007, 01:52 PM

And Bob McNair sees this, and is why he keeps McLain at arms length...which is why John spites us every chance he gets and runs off to Nashville to be with his BUDdy every chance he gets.

McLain is not given the insiders' access that he got with the Oilers, and so it's been a testy marriage between John McLain and the Texans ever since.

Or at least that's what it appears to be.

I wold bet McLain gets SOME inside access...but not nearly the amount of favors and attention and "scoop" that he got from BUDdy.

Bob's smart: He knows WHO McLain is, and he's not letting him in, IMO.

Revolution
03-12-2007, 06:29 PM
No crystal ball needed...

Just a little common sense.

Nevermind. My apologies utruroyaltyx!

GP
03-12-2007, 06:43 PM
There is nothing related to common sense when it comes to your opinion.

Lots of cheap shotting going on.

This is what happens as draft day draws nearer and nearer.

This place will be intolerable the week of the draft.

Always has been when it's draft season and training camp.

All of us need to get a tree stump, wrap our knuckles, and go punch it and kick it for a few minutes out in the back yard.

Revolution
03-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Lots of cheap shotting going on.

This is what happens as draft day draws nearer and nearer.

This place will be intolerable the week of the draft.

Always has been when it's draft season and training camp.

All of us need to get a tree stump, wrap our knuckles, and go punch it and kick it for a few minutes out in the back yard.

I actually did not mean this in a derogatory sense. I can now see how this was interpreted in this way. I did not express myself the way I wanted to. Man, I just don't feel good today, so you guys are going to just have to accept my apology.

DocBar
03-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah it is, because he can't keep the awefense (sic) on the filed for more than 1 or 2 plays at a time.

snap fumble

snap 1 yd completion
snap fumble

snap 2 yrd completiong
snap intercetion

Should i keep going.

You must be from the Dept. of Redundancy Dept.

GP
03-13-2007, 12:42 AM
I actually did not mean this in a derogatory sense. I can now see how this was interpreted in this way. I did not express myself the way I wanted to. Man, I just don't feel good today, so you guys are going to just have to accept my apology.

LOL.

I think a lot of us are feeling like that.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 06:51 AM
I'd think the Texans will have made one of their worst moves yet if he still was on the team. I'll repeat what has been said many times. Anyone who has played team sports knows how important chemistry and the locker room is. The Texans won't keep a guy who has been on the trade block, who has had teammates openly call him out and who is going to set up a hostile environment.(that could be fans, other teammates, etc.) The on;t thing competition would do would lead t another wasted season, IMHO, because no matter who starts, someone will be unhappy and you will have someone clamoring for the backup. Cut the cord and lets move forward and remove the massive question mark. All in all it might work out for both parties...a clean slate.

TheOgre
03-13-2007, 07:18 AM
I think there is a very good chance that Carr will be part of a draft day trade.

Silver Oak
03-13-2007, 08:09 AM
I'd think the Texans will have made one of their worst moves yet if he still was on the team. I'll repeat what has been said many times. Anyone who has played team sports knows how important chemistry and the locker room is. The Texans won't keep a guy who has been on the trade block, who has had teammates openly call him out and who is going to set up a hostile environment.(that could be fans, other teammates, etc.) The on;t thing competition would do would lead t another wasted season, IMHO, because no matter who starts, someone will be unhappy and you will have someone clamoring for the backup. Cut the cord and lets move forward and remove the massive question mark. All in all it might work out for both parties...a clean slate.

please provide links of the direct quotes from these many teamates that called out DC specifically by HIS NAME. Not quotes that could be interpreted in different ways, but exact quotes.

to counter your argument, I could point to Pitts' recent interview where he pointed out that it was the fault of the entire 11 men on the field and not the one.

once again Frog, I'm not a DC lover, I know he has faults, I just believe there are many other needs on this team that could be addressed first. He is under contract and if we can't get a third round pick or better for him, then I hope we'll let him play out his contract with some type of open competition.

real
03-13-2007, 08:24 AM
please provide links of the direct quotes from these many teamates that called out DC specifically by HIS NAME. Not quotes that could be interpreted in different ways, but exact quotes.

to counter your argument, I could point to Pitts' recent interview where he pointed out that it was the fault of the entire 11 men on the field and not the one.

once again Frog, I'm not a DC lover, I know he has faults, I just believe there are many other needs on this team that could be addressed first. He is under contract and if we can't get a third round pick or better for him, then I hope we'll let him play out his contract with some type of open competition.

Dunta and Moulds called Carr out not too long ago. I know you remember this. (http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2007/03/notes_on_the_lo.html)

And why would you want a player on the team, who has done nothing but play poorly, to compete ?

The way you get better in the NFL is by getting bang for your buck, and upgrading your talent across the board from your starters to your third string. Getting what you pay for from players, and having guys playing above their contracts, is a sure way to build a winner. Having guys stick around for "open competition", who you have seen nothing but mediocre play out of at best for 5 losing seasons, is a sure way build a losing team. If he wins the starting job, do you think he's going to magically "get it" ? Ha.....If he loses the "open competition", then we have an over-priced back-up who we really can't depend on...And you think he has confidence issues in the pocket now ?! Wait until he loses out to Sage...You can't bring back a guy who's been called out by teammates, called out by the GM and coach, been embarrassed by the "hometown hero" in his house, had his name in trade rumors all off-season, threw 11 TD's for the season, had -5 passing yards in a game, and for most of his tenure here in Houston has struggled to be consistently mediocre.....

Yeah, lets keep David for another year, and maybe if we all concentrate hard enough we can will him to be an o.k QB.....finally

Carr's gone...The fanbase has lost confidence, some teammates have lost confidence, and it's obvious that the F.O has their doubts...Best for him and the team to part ways, kiss and say goodbye

Malloy
03-13-2007, 08:32 AM
And why would you want a player on the team, who has done nothing but play poorly, to compete ?

If he's on the team I have a feeling that he'll compete... poorly...

Texanfan4ever
03-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Dunta and Moulds called Carr out not too long ago. I know you remember this. (http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2007/03/notes_on_the_lo.html)

The way you get better in the NFL is by getting bang for your buck, and upgrading your talent across the board from your starters to your third string. Getting what you pay for from players, and having guys playing above their contracts, is a sure way to build a winner. Having guys stick around for "open competition", who you have seen nothing but mediocre play out of at best for 5 losing seasons, is a sure way build a losing team. If he wins the starting job, do you think he's going to magically "get it" ? Ha.....If he loses the "open competition", then we have an over-priced back-up who we really can't depend on...And you think he has confidence issues in the pocket now ?! Wait until he loses out to Sage...You can't bring back a guy who's been called out by teammates, called out by the GM and coach, been embarrassed by the "hometown hero" in his house, had his name in trade rumors all off-season, threw 11 TD's for the season, had -5 passing yards in a game, and for most of his tenure here in Houston has struggled to be consistently mediocre.....

Yeah, lets keep David for another year, and maybe if we all concentrate hard enough we can will him to be an o.k QB.....finally

Carr's gone...The fanbase has lost confidence, some teammates have lost confidence, and it's obvious that the F.O has their doubts...Best for him and the team to part ways, kiss and say goodbye

"Being embarrassed by the hometown hero in his house? Seriously, if anyone should be embarrassed it should be Vince Young for his "unclassy" behavior after the game was over. After all, he only won in overtime. Had we gotten the ball first, it could have been a totally different outcome.

Your "hate" has overtaken your "reasoning".

Texan_Bill
03-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Right on.... I feel a hornets nest about to get stirred up.......

real
03-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Your "hate" has overtaken your "reasoning".

Please provide an example.

Texan_Bill
03-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Exactly...So why isn't there a 60 page thread in response to Pitt's coments? There sure was a lot buzz when "Dunta/Moulds came out with a statement. Is it because it was "positive" and not "negative", everyone seems to thrive on the neg. instead of a team mate saying something good about DC.:wild:

Apparently there is no interest in positive threads. It's so much easier and way more fun to single out and attack.....

real
03-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Exactly...So why isn't there a 60 page thread in response to Pitt's coments? There sure was a lot buzz when "Dunta/Moulds came out with a statement. Is it because it was "positive" and not "negative", everyone seems to thrive on the neg. instead of a team mate saying something good about DC.:wild:

Pitts's didn't give an endorsement for Carr. He didn't even say Carr shouldn't shoulder some of the blame.

No one has come out and say, David is the man, and he will lead us to the promise land, except maybe McKinney.....Maybe...

All Pitts said was that it was 11 guys on the field who share the blame. Hardly anything newsworthy. rather "cliche-ish" if you ask me. Sounds like someone just trying to avoid drama from either camp.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 10:12 AM

Thanks X. I posted these same quotes the other day and even posted Smith's quotes of how they wanted to upgrade.

Silver, these people have called him out. Almost identical quotes came out of the mouths of Gary Walker, D. Sharper and others. All relate to leadership. The fact that we are sitting here comparing notes on who called him out should be enough. Why would you want a TEAM atmosphere where there is a locker room divided?If you can explain why this is a good idea, go for it. You are sadly mistaken if you honestly think that a competition won't lead to a year of "see Dave could play" or "he would have done well with the way the line is playing now" vs. "see Rosenfels could or could not play" and "why won't they put in (backup at the time). You will have guys taking sides and it we will be getting no closer to moving forward. Sorry but it makes zero sense and the only arguments I hear are selfish reasons so people can see Carr stay and say "I told you so." If people cared so much about Carr they'd want him and us in new situations...ones where it was possibe to succeed. Then the excuses would stop on both sides.

real
03-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Why don't you "give us the link" to the ENTIRE interview? I thought when you quoted someone you were supose to give a link? Let us be the judge of how and what he said or didn't say. I heard they did everything they could to make him dog DC, but he wouldn't do it. Now...lets have the link and see how it really went down.

:crazy:

Silver oak's original post:

Your response:

Why are you asking me for the link and not Silver Oak, when he's the one who mentioned it ?

Newsworth? If he'd have said anything even slightly neg. about DC you all would have jumped all over it? Am I correct? But because he didn't, you all assume they are covering up something. Rediculous.

His comments weren't an endorsment for Carr. When a player comes out and says " I want Carr to be the QB for this team next year", you know that it will make headlines and will be talked about because the Carr lovers will be the ones talking about it. The reason the Carr lovers, like yourself, aren't out in full force pimping his statements is because you know, and I know, that his statements aren't anything special. If you think it is so newsworthy, then perhaps you should start a thread about it. Please use your head.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 11:02 AM

But you're positive that our OL sucks aren't you?? You'd be fine if we got 5 new starters on our offensive line, so that David can finally become an avg QB??

Am I right?? Those 5 guys don't belong in this league, but David does??

Who were the 5 guys that protected Drew Brees his last two seasons in San Diego?? Who were his recievers?? Why is it that someone like Brees, who doesn't have the arm strength that David has, who doesn't have the prototypical size, who isn't as mobile as David, why is it that someone like Brees can look like an NFL QB with nothing but a Tightend?? But we give David two ProBowl Wide Receivers, and the best rookie Tight end in the NFL, and he can't even prove that he belongs on the worst team in the NFL??

My Hero
03-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Blah,Blah,Blah who cares? The end result is that the coaching staff and front office are the ones that make these decisions. You guys can hash over the the reasons that you don't think that he should start forever if you want. The fact remains until the organization makes the change your going to be dangling in the wind. If you want to moan and complain then make your threads about the FO and coaching,it's not like Carr's going to say"no I can't play any more the fans don't like me and the only way I can get better is by sitting the bench. As far as that goes,he could want to stink it up so that he can sit the bench and still get paid without the abuse both on the field and off.

Complain all you want he's still the starting Qb for an NFL team and we're just posting on a message board.

real
03-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Blah,Blah,Blah who cares? The end result is that the coaching staff and front office are the ones that make these decisions. You guys can hash over the the reasons that you don't think that he should start forever if you want. The fact remains until the organization makes the change your going to be dangling in the wind. If you want to moan and complain then make your threads about the FO and coaching,it's not like Carr's going to say"no I can't play any more the fans don't like me and the only way I can get better is by sitting the bench. As far as that goes,he could want to stink it up so that he can sit the bench and still get paid without the abuse both on the field and off.

Complain all you want he's still the starting Qb for an NFL team and we're just posting on a message board.

LOL

Carr isn't a starter for any team.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Blah,Blah,Blah who cares? As far as that goes,he could want to stink it up so that he can sit the bench and still get paid without the abuse both on the field and off.

& that's why most people are saying to just cut him, and put that $5million into someone who'll help us win.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 11:19 AM
LOL

LOL yourself, Rick Smith"David Carr is our starting QB". Undisputed at this point in time,unless you have some inside information the rest of the world is unaware of.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 11:21 AM
& that's why most people are saying to just cut him, and put that $5million into someone who'll help us win.

Then you need to lose faith in the organization as whole, because they are not adhering to your expectations. Carr is not going to cut himself.

Mr teX
03-13-2007, 11:23 AM

You can say the bolded about pretty much everyone on the team except for Meco & mario. 1 guy doesn't win/lose games the team does.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Then you need to lose faith in the organization as whole, because they are not adhering to your expectations. Carr is not going to cut himself.

What are my expectations??

The F.O. is doing exactly what I want them to do.

real
03-13-2007, 11:25 AM
LOL yourself, Rick Smith"David Carr is our starting QB". Undisputed at this point in time,unless you have some inside information the rest of the world is unaware of.

You're right...He did...

But it's just a gut feeling I have...

My Hero
03-13-2007, 11:26 AM
What are my expectations??

The F.O. is doing exactly what I want them to do.

Is Carr cut? I thought that your expectation was to either cut him or bench him.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 11:30 AM
You can say the bolded about pretty much everyone on the team except for Meco & mario. 1 guy doesn't win/lose games the team does.

Keep telling yourself that one guy doesn't matter. There is a reason for the term "franshise QB" and whay they are considered leaders on many teams. The guy handles the ball on every offensive possession and makes decisions in many of the same plays. If he is geting paid top dollar compared to other players on the team then he should be performing up to that dollar. Sorry, if surrounding a mediocre to below average QB with the perfect situation got it done in the NFL, Ryan Leaf would still be showing up at camps. And until someone can explain why having a split team is a good thing, I'm listening. Again, it is a team not one man's drive to show the world he can do it.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Is Carr cut? I thought that your expectation was to either cut him or bench him.

My expectation is for them to wait till the draft.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Keep telling yourself that one guy doesn't matter. There is a reason for the term "franshise QB" and whay they are considered leaders on many teams. The guy handles the ball on every offensive possession and makes decisions in many of the same plays. If he is geting paid top dollar compared to other players on the team then he should be performing up to that dollar. Sorry, if surrounding a mediocre to below average QB with the perfect situation got it done in the NFL, Ryan Leaf would still be showing up at camps. And until someone can explain why having a split team is a good thing, I'm listening. Again, it is a team not one man's drive to show the world he can do it.

Dude,you are not performing up to my expectations. Could you please approach your boss and tell him that you would like to decrease your payed compensation until you can perform to my standards.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 11:36 AM
My expectation is for them to wait till the draft.

Well then you won't have to wait to much longer then.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Where are all these new Carr lovers coming from?? I thought we done run'em all off.

Now, we're going to have to start all over.

So, if you don't like to see us repeat the same Garbage we've been rehashing for the last 2 years, stay out of any thread MyHero & Mr.Tex are involved in, because they obviously want to go through this again.

Mr teX
03-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Keep telling yourself that one guy doesn't matter. There is a reason for the term "franshise QB" and whay they are considered leaders on many teams. The guy handles the ball on every offensive possession and makes decisions in many of the same plays. If he is geting paid top dollar compared to other players on the team then he should be performing up to that dollar. Sorry, if surrounding a mediocre to below average QB with the perfect situation got it done in the NFL, Ryan Leaf would still be shoing up at camps.

Never said he doesn't matter, I said 1 guy doesn't win or lose games by himself, teams lose them together. I know I know, the 1st thing you're going to point to is the 1st Tenn. game in which Carr Played horribly, but what about that Td the special teams gave up? Or how about that Buffalo game? Did DC lose that one too? Or all those other close games we lost last year in which the Defense was eaten alive. He needs to go but hoisting all of the losing this franchise has done goes well beyond DC & you guys know it.

Texan_Bill
03-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Never said he doesn't matter, I said 1 guy doesn't win or lose games by himself, teams lose them together. I know I know, the 1st thing you're going to point to is the 1st Tenn. game in which Carr Played horribly, but what about that Td the special teams gave up? Or how about that Buffalo game? Did DC lose that one too? Or all those other close games we lost last year in which the Defense was eaten alive. He needs to go but hoisting all of the losing this franchise has done goes well beyond DC & you guys know it.

I've said time and time again.. YES. DC did not roll over the top to help Faggins on the cover 2 - on BOTH 83 yard bombs... And on Losman's game winning TD, DC could not get released from his blocker.. See he was supposed to blitz from the edge and get to Losman....

:stirpot:

My Hero
03-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Where are all these new Carr lovers coming from?? I thought we done run'em all off.

So, if you don't like to see us repeat the same Garbage we've been rehashing for the last 2 years, stay out of any thread MyHero & Mr.Tex are involved in, because they obviously want to go through this again.

Repeat all you want,complain gripe and moan. It's a riot. No matter how much of it you do, it is out of your control. Just like me posting my response to your endless drivel. HA!

Mr teX
03-13-2007, 11:52 AM

so b/c i spread the blame around for why our team is losing i'm a carr lover?

Come on TK you're better than that.

real
03-13-2007, 12:09 PM
I wasn't talking about the Robinson quote: I was talking about the PITTS interview?? Where's that link? Pitts comments on Carr were NOT negative about him either. Where's the link to the PITTS comments and we'll talk.:)

You're still asking the wrong person for a link...

Silver Oak is the one who originally mentioned anything about Pitts...I just ran with it like you did...

real
03-13-2007, 12:13 PM
so b/c i spread the blame around for why our team is losing i'm a carr lover?

Come on TK you're better than that.

No...

You're a Carr lover because you put his well being before the teams...

There is overwhelming evidence that says Carr is going to play mediocre AT BEST in '07, and very, very, very weak arguments towards him playing anything above mediocre...

Why would you want to keep a guy on the team who has done nothing above mediocre in 5 years besides to prove an agenda ? He isn't the total problem, but he's a large part of it...

I have never seen such an outcry to keep an overpaid, underacheiving player on a team. Why ? for what ? To hand the ball off and throw 11 tds ? To limit our offense ?

What exactly are the positives from keeping Carr ?

My Hero
03-13-2007, 12:19 PM
No...

There is overwhelming evidence that says Carr is going to play mediocre AT BEST in '07, and very, very, very weak arguments towards him playing anything above mediocre...

Why would you want to keep a guy on the team who has done nothing above mediocre in 5 years besides to prove an agenda ? He isn't the total problem, but he's a large part of it...

I have never seen such an outcry to keep an overpaid, underacheiving player on a team. Why ? for what ? To hand the ball off and throw 11 tds ? To limit our offense ?

Only that it drives posters on this MB crazy that they are powerless to institute a change.

You have convinced me,replace Carr! .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................(crickets chirping)......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......(crickets chirping)......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............(crickets chirping)................................

Darnit! Why didn't that work.

Texanfan4ever
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM
LOL

I just read your request for an example, that answer is an example of losing your reasoning.

Silver Oak
03-13-2007, 12:23 PM

I do recall the Dunta quotes, and if I recall correctly, Moulds' comments were made as he was shown the door. Not exactly classy, but that's two players who have thrown a teammate under the bus in the media.

Two players (only one being on the roster now) don't make for a divided locker room, and quite frankly, these guys are professionals and they better be playing their hardest no matter what they like or dislike about the team makeup.

If DC is not here next season, or if he is here, I'll still be in the stands cheering the team on with the knowledge that our FO and coaches know the team better than those of us on the outside and they'll make the best decisions both financially and talent wise in the best interest of the Texans.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 12:25 PM
I do recall the Dunta quotes, and if I recall correctly, Moulds' comments were made as he was shown the door. Not exactly classy, but that's two players who have thrown a teammate under the bus in the media.

Two players (only one being on the roster now) don't make for a divided locker room, and quite frankly, these guys are professionals and they better be playing their hardest no matter what they like or dislike about the team makeup.

If DC is not here next season, or if he is here, I'll still be in the stands cheering the team on with the knowledge that our FO and coaches know the team better than those of us on the outside and they'll make the best decisions both financially and talent wise in the best interest of the Texans.

What a novel concept.

Texanfan4ever
03-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Very well said Silver Oak.

vtech9
03-13-2007, 12:33 PM
I don't remember where I heard it, but I had heard that Carr is great in practice, and shows that he should be a great QB. He just doesn't show it in games though.

Silver Oak
03-13-2007, 12:36 PM
I thought there had been a linked inerview, but it was Wolf who reported what he had heard on XM radio.

Pitts came on and they asked him about the 41 sacks and who was at fault.. Pitts said it is 11 guys on the field..that is it.

McKinney also had some good things to say about DC after the Browns game last season.

""David is not a one-man team," McKinney said. "He can't win the game by himself. When the guys around him play the way they're capable of playing, he's going to look like a much better quarterback. That's what happened today.

"When you're able to run the football and you keep him protected, you're going to have a lot more success and he's going to look better. David is a fine quarterback. He has all the skills and the leadership skills that we need at that position."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4425085.html

real
03-13-2007, 12:36 PM

That's being pretty naive...

At this point it's fairly obvious players have chosen sides on the issue...If you can't see that...oh well

f DC is not here next season, or if he is here, I'll still be in the stands cheering the team on with the knowledge that our FO and coaches know the team better than those of us on the outside and they'll make the best decisions both financially and talent wise in the best interest of the Texans.

Dito. ( but he won't be here)

Texanfan4ever
03-13-2007, 12:41 PM
And what are you going to do with yourself if he is?

My Hero
03-13-2007, 12:42 PM
And what are you going to do with yourself if he is?

Cry,whine,complain and predict the future inaccuratly.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Dude,you are not performing up to my expectations. Could you please approach your boss and tell him that you would like to decrease your payed compensation until you can perform to my standards.

Honestly, I have no clue if you are just trying to be childish or prove a point that makes no sense. However if people perform up to their bosses standards, then they aren't on the trading block with quotes from Rick Smith saying they would upgrade if possible. They would say, "he is our man." Let me break it down for you. I'm an attorney. If I came out of law school as a guy who was on law review, was tops in Mock Trials and Moot Court and who showed all kinds of promise in my clerkship, a litigation shop might hire me with big expectations. If after 5 years I haven't tried a case, really haven't done much but settle a case and the extent of my skills included drawing up the pleadings, I'd either get fired or get a severe cut in pay. I refuse to argue with people are so blinded for their love of one player that they can't see the light through the trees. Before you throw out the obligatory "Carr hater" response, I've stated multiple times that I don't think he has the skills but if he succeeded elsewhere, more power to him. Its always about the TEAM. This environment stinks for the team and for Carr. I'd think people want him in a better situation if they are such homers for him.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 12:57 PM

Moulds asked for a release. Slamming Carr would do him no good. Gary Walker had similar comments during a season. You are not being truthful with yourself if you think they are the only two that think this way. Dunta is a top guy on this team. If he was a lone wolf don't you think we would have seen guys saying, "he is a leader and our guy." We have heard nothing. You are fooling yourself if you think these are isolated incidents. I'm amazed that I keep seeing quotes about letting the GM make decisions and that we don't know what happens in the locker room yet when the GM says a guy is up for the highest bidder and other players don't want a guy anymore, the story changes. Overall it is bad. I don't like alot of the radio guys around here but I've yet to hear one that hasn't called the situation "volatile." Not what you want for a team.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Honestly, I have no clue if you are just trying to be childish or prove a point that makes no sense. However if people perform up to their bosses standards, then they aren't on the trading block with quotes from Rick Smith saying they would upgrade if possible. They would say, "he is our man." Let me break it down for you. I'm an attorney. If I came out of law school as a guy who was on law review, was tops in Mock Trials and Moot Court and who showed all kinds of promise in my clerkship, a litigation shop might hire me with big expectations. If after 5 years I haven't tried a case, really haven't done much but settle a few cases and the extent of my skills including drawing up the pleadings, I'd either get fired or get a severe cut in pay. I refuse to argue with people are so blinded for their love of one player that they can't see the light through the trees. Before you throw out the obligatory "Carr hater" response, I've stated multiple times that I don't think he has the skills but if he succeeded elsewhere, more power to him. Its always about the TEAM.

Case in point(no pun intended) if the courtroom spectators said that you were an inadequate attorney and were not performing as well as other attorneys,should that get you fired?

My point is that if or when the FO or coaching staff decides to make a change they will,not on our recomendations to keep or dismiss a player.

Fine you are not a Carr hater,but you are blind to fact that your frustration needs to be with the organization and not the player. Over and over a ask what is the player supposed to do in this situation? He can't cut himself from the team,restructure his contract? Whate incentive could he have for that? Maybe to clear up sap space for the team,so they can ship him off easier.

I'm not being childish,I just get tired of all the people being unrealistic as to the business nature of the NFL. Management is responsible for who get hired and fired. I'm sure in your opinion that you are a very good attorney,let's ask the guy that you most recently lost a decision for.

Texan_Bill
03-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Honestly, I have no clue if you are just trying to be childish or prove a point that makes no sense. However if people perform up to their bosses standards, then they aren't on the trading block with quotes from Rick Smith saying they would upgrade if possible. They would say, "he is our man." Let me break it down for you. I'm an attorney. If I came out of law school as a guy who was on law review, was tops in Mock Trials and Moot Court and who showed all kinds of promise in my clerkship, a litigation shop might hire me with big expectations. If after 5 years I haven't tried a case, really haven't done much but settle a case and the extent of my skills including drawing up the pleadings, I'd either get fired or get a severe cut in pay. I refuse to argue with people are so blinded for their love of one player that they can't see the light through the trees. Before you throw out the obligatory "Carr hater" response, I've stated multiple times that I don't think he has the skills but if he succeeded elsewhere, more power to him. Its always about the TEAM.

Good analogy.. But to be a good litigator (in no way am I suggesting that you are not), you must rely on competent staff, including your research and law assistants and the litigation shop that you work for should provide you with ALL other necessary tools and resources (books, internet access, etc.). Also, if you were a fairly green attorney when you joined that firm, I would think that they would also provide you with a more experienced attorney to help mentor you through the process and your first couple of litigations.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Good analogy.. But to be a good litigator (in no way am I suggesting that you are not), you must rely on competent staff, including your research and law assistants and the litigation shop that you work for should provide you with ALL other necessary tools and resources (books, internet access, etc.). Also, if you were a fairly green attorney when you joined that firm, I would think that they would also provide you with a more experienced attorney to help mentor you through the process and your first couple of litigations.

But there is a problem with your thesis........................................It makes sense.

Texanfan4ever
03-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Honestly, I have no clue if you are just trying to be childish or prove a point that makes no sense. However if people perform up to their bosses standards, then they aren't on the trading block with quotes from Rick Smith saying they would upgrade if possible. They would say, "he is our man." Let me break it down for you. I'm an attorney. If I came out of law school as a guy who was on law review, was tops in Mock Trials and Moot Court and who showed all kinds of promise in my clerkship, a litigation shop might hire me with big expectations. If after 5 years I haven't tried a case, really haven't done much but settle a case and the extent of my skills including drawing up the pleadings, I'd either get fired or get a severe cut in pay. I refuse to argue with people are so blinded for their love of one player that they can't see the light through the trees. Before you throw out the obligatory "Carr hater" response, I've stated multiple times that I don't think he has the skills but if he succeeded elsewhere, more power to him. Its always about the TEAM.

I've been on Carr's side always and I wanted him to make it here. However, I am for the team. But you can turn the blinded by love statement around, to blinded by so much unbelievable hatred that not only can you not see the light through the trees, you can't see anything. It works both ways.

And you are right. This same argument has been going on forever, and it never changes. The two sides will NEVER meet in the middle. I have at least accepted the fact that David might not be here, but I will always believe they ruined his career. They might have made him rich, but that is about it. He will need all that money for the damage that has been done to his body over the years he's been on the ground. On a personal level I think it is really sad.

I also believe that Kubiak and Smith know what they are doing, whatever it is they do, and they want to win. SO that is the positive I am finding in all this. I think great things await this team. We just have to all hang on to get there.

Silver Oak
03-13-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm going to watch the 24 episode from last night now. I'll play catch up with this thread in a few minutes. Please carry on in my absence. :wheel:

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 01:23 PM

I completely agree with you. However I am the one who has to prove my worth to the partners and if I can write one hell of a petition yet I haven't shown them anything else, I'll be looking for a job, no matter how many paralegals or legal secretaries I fire. Things go wrong and I'm still the case manager on the docket and have to balance everything. If my mentor tells me to do something and I can't perform, I'm useless to him. If Dave can't stop staring down receivers and won't stop taking sacks that aren't the lines fault, then he isn't listening or can't handle it. That is what we are missing. The NFL is so full of parity and salary cap hell that you can't spend alot fo your money on a "franchise QB" and then go and build the perfect line, RB, WRs, TE around them because they are a mediocre player. No one has the perfect situation. The NFL landscape has the corpses of QBs that have failed all over it. It is no shame if he fails. I honestly think he would have a better shot elsewhere.

BTW, I hated litigation and do more transactional work:)

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 01:24 PM
I've been on Carr's side always and I wanted him to make it here. However, I am for the team. But you can turn the blinded by love statement around, to blinded by so much unbelievable hatred that not only can you not see the light through the trees, you can't see anything. It works both ways.

And you are right. This same argument has been going on forever, and it never changes. The two sides will NEVER meet in the middle. I have at least accepted the fact that David might not be here, but I will always believe they ruined his career. They might have made him rich, but that is about it. He will need all that money for the damage that has been done to his body over the years he's been on the ground. On a personal level I think it is really sad.

I also believe that Kubiak and Smith know what they are doing, whatever it is they do, and they want to win. SO that is the positive I am finding in all this. I think great things await this team. We just have to all hang on to get there.

I agree with alot of what you said. I want to make it clear that I have no hate for the guy. I'm thinking win/win if the split occurs. I personally am not sure if he is good enough but the fair shake people think he will get won't be here...IMHO.

Texanfan4ever
03-13-2007, 01:29 PM
I don't think he will be here either. Why else would they have taken his picture off the banner (Unless Vinny did it, LOL) J/K Vinny, and on the dvd they sent all of us season ticket holders, David wasn't mentioned. I haven't seen him come up on the home page either where they run Mario, Andre and others in a long time. So, the writing is probably on the wall.

What i find amazing is that David probably knows this, not to mention who else knows it, and NO ONE is letting the cat out of the bag. Probably goes back to money again, I would imagine.

Mr teX
03-13-2007, 01:33 PM
No...

Please, you've never caught me on here talking about how good of a human being DC is as a reason to keep him here so that bird won't fly. The fact is, you guys argue that his bad play over the course of 5 years is responsible for any & everything that has gone wrong for this organization to date & the fact is it is simply NOT TRUE. Leave it up to you guys, he's the 1 responsible for the organization drafting himself in the first place.

I could care less how good of a person he is off the field or his feelings after Dunta put him on blast but when you're 2-14 & 6-10 there's plenty of blame to go around the team & last i checked, that includes Dunta.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 01:44 PM
He needs to go but hoisting all of the losing this franchise has done goes well beyond DC & you guys know it.

No one has ever said that David Carr is the only reason we are losing football games.

We blamed our LT, we replaced him. We blamed our LT, we replace him. We blamed our LT, we replaced him.

We blamed our RB, we replaced him. We blamed our #2 reciever, our TE, or RG, our RT, our Center, our FB(well, no one blamed our FB, but we replaced him anyway.)

All those players, we said, "they aren't playing good enough to be on this team"

Why is it so different, now that we are saying David isn't good enough to be on this team??

BigCraig51
03-13-2007, 01:48 PM
What makes me laugh is that it took the Cowboys 20 years to enter a decade long period of sucking because of bad quarterbacks.......it took the texans........wait, they never had a time without a bad quarterback.

In Carr's defense he never should have been the first pick in the draft. That puts lofty expectations around him and whoever thought it was a good idea for a rookie to lead an expansion team needs to get fired....wait that already happened. David got put in a bad situation and we ruined him. Could have been the quarterback everyone thought, and some still think, he could be. Not now and not for the Texans.

And for anyone who thinks at least trying to get Plummer (even if it costs draft picks) is a bad idea think of this. Name 3 players from the Broncos last year without looking them up (exclude Plummer and Cutler). Not very easy is it. Plummer got benched with more wins that the Texans got all year.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 01:50 PM
No one has ever said that David Carr is the only reason we are losing football games.

We blamed our LT, we replaced him. We blamed our LT, we replace him. We blamed our LT, we replaced him.
We blamed our RB, we replaced him. We blamed our #2 reciever, our TE, or RG, our RT, our Center, our FB(well, no one blamed our FB, but we replaced him anyway.)

All those players, we said, "they aren't playing good enough to be on this team"

Why is it so different, now that we are saying David isn't good enough to be on this team??

Again, well said. I never blamed just him. What you said relates well to my attorney anaolgy above. You can fire all of the support help and replace them but they all end up looking bad if you aren't doing your job. After a while you have to improve your game. There is a reason why some players on a team have a much higher pay scale.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 01:58 PM

after year one, you're not looking so hot, so they get rid of your paralegal. After year two, they get you a new laptop. After year three, they get you the best office, after year four, they get you another paralegal. after year five...

??

Mr teX
03-13-2007, 02:00 PM

It's not, & replacing guys with pretty much the same skill level as the 1 you got rid of is hardly going to change anything in a positive direction. What's more is that most of the time we didn't replace very much we shuffled & changed around b/c of the injury bug hitting us. But all that, brings me to the question, who out there in FA is much better than DC is?

I feel i need to clarify that i don't mind if we get rid of him but IMO no one out there is much better than he is.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 02:05 PM
And for anyone who thinks at least trying to get Plummer (even if it costs draft picks) is a bad idea think of this. Name 3 players from the Broncos last year without looking them up (exclude Plummer and Cutler). Not very easy is it. Plummer got benched with more wins that the Texans got all year.

Rod Smith, Jevon Walker, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, Damien Nash, Tod Nalen(??) Cooper Carlisle, Eric Pears....

do I get a prize??

Texan_Bill
after year one, you're not looking so hot, so they get rid of your paralegal. After year two, they get you a new laptop. After year three, they get you the best office, after year four, they get you another paralegal. after year five...

??

But you also forgot after year three and four or whatver, your immediate supervisor or the partner that you worked for, had been changed and with that change came philosophical differences in the way they approach their cases, and therefore immediately impacting your approach...

By the way Frog, I really would have assumed that you preferred litigation over transactional law... I don't mean anything by that, just a hunch that I had based on the way you articulate certain things.

trutxn
What makes me laugh is that it took the Cowboys 20 years to enter a decade long period of sucking because of bad quarterbacks.......it took the texans........wait, they never had a time without a bad quarterback.

In Carr's defense he never should have been the first pick in the draft. That puts lofty expectations around him and whoever thought it was a good idea for a rookie to lead an expansion team needs to get fired....wait that already happened. David got put in a bad situation and we ruined him. Could have been the quarterback everyone thought, and some still think, he could be. Not now and not for the Texans.

Champ Baily, John Lynch, Al Wilson, Rod Smith, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, and Javon Walker to name a few. Plummer had more wins than the Texans because he had a better team, period. Plummer did not carry anyone on that team, the team carried him. Why do ya'll keep insisting we get a washed up replacement? Besides he is retired. Carr is not our answer, but neither is Plummer.

real
03-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Please, you've never caught me on here talking about how good of a human being DC is as a reason to keep him here so that bird won't fly. The fact is, you guys argue that his bad play over the course of 5 years is responsible for any & everything that has gone wrong for this organization to date & the fact is it is simply NOT TRUE. Leave it up to you guys, he's the 1 responsible for the organization drafting himself in the first place.

I could care less how good of a person he is off the field or his feelings after Dunta put him on blast but when you're 2-14 & 6-10 there's plenty of blame to go around the team & last i checked, that includes Dunta.

What exactly are you talking about ?

We've been sorry for 5 since our inception. Carr has been the starting QB since our inception.

How many players have we gone through since our franchise began ?

How many different lineman have we hired, and fired ?

How many different TE's ? WR's ? Running backs ?

How many different starters on defense ?

After the fan base has supported all these changes, and not said too much about them, how can you type with a str8 face, that we think Carr is the only problem?

The only position that has not been, fairly evaluated and taken care of IS the QB position....Is a loss all on one person ? NO...But we will forever be a loser with bad QB play....If Carr could just play mediocre on a consistent basis we'd be a better team...But he makes too many mistakes, and doesn't play up to or even close to his contract....

I'll flip the question on you. Out of all the players that have played bad, or some that haven't played bad and still been cut (wade, Payne, Smith, Sharper, Glenn) Why is Carr the ONLY one you guys stick up for and want to come back for another year of abysmal Quater backing???...What-a-plan...

Keep around a guy who's playing THE most important position on the team, And get rid of everybody who looks the wrong way...We've gotten rid of some nice players, but we defend to the end one of our worst starters...

I can't read that any other way, other than having a personal agenda. You want to be right about him, just like Bob McNair.

Mr teX
03-13-2007, 02:13 PM
But you also forgot after year three and four or whatver, your immediate supervisor or the partner that you worked for, had been changed and with that change came philosophical differences in the way they approach their cases, and therefore immediately impacting your approach...

By the way Frog, I really would have assumed that you preferred litigation over transactional law... I don't mean anything by that, just a hunch that I had based on the way you articulate certain things.

People on here also forget that he/we were actually progessing just fine until 2005.
2002 4-12: DC 9TD ; 2003 5-11 DC 9 TD; 2004 7-9 16 TD

You have to ask yourselves what happened

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 02:15 PM

LOL..I hope that is a good thing..maybe. I've been told that alot. Just couldn't handle the other a-holes who thought they also knew it all. :)

Mr teX
03-13-2007, 02:30 PM
What exactly are you talking about ?

We've been sorry for 5 since our inception. Carr has been the starting QB since our inception.

How many players have we gone through since our franchise began ?

How many different lineman have we hired, and fired ?

How many different TE's ? WR's ? Running backs ?

How many different starters on defense ?

After the fan base has supported all these changes, and not said too much about them, how can you type with a str8 face, that we think Carr is the only problem?

The only position that has not been, fairly evaluated and taken care of IS the QB position....Is a loss all on one person ? NO...But we will forever be a loser with bad QB play....If Carr could just play mediocre on a consistent basis we'd be a better team...But he makes too many mistakes, and doesn't play up to or even close to his contract....

I'll flip the question on you. Out of all the players that have played bad, or some that haven't played bad and still been cut (wade, Payne, Smith, Sharper, Glenn) Why is Carr the ONLY one you guys stick up for and want to come back for another year of abysmal Quater backing???...What-a-plan...

Keep around a guy who's playing THE most important position on the team, And get rid of everybody who looks the wrong way...We've gotten rid of some nice players, but we defend to the end one of our worst starters...

I can't read that any other way, other than having a personal agenda. You want to be right about him, just like Bob McNair.

I, as i'm sure others on here were sticking up for some of the above mentioned guys so i don't get what you're saying with that. In fact i remember thinking "what the hell is Mcnair/Capers doing releasing Glenn /Sharper?) & spreading the blame around to THE TEAM, b/c that's what they are, doesn't constitute "sticking up" for a guy. That is what i do/say every time i come into one of these threads. There are some that do that on here, not me.

many teams have & will continue to win or least be .500 with at best marginal Qb'ing. 2 of our rivals did it last year & some teams even make it to the playoffs with it.

No one has a personal agenda you just can't wrap your head around the fact that DC is not the entire team, it's a really simple concept though.

Texanfan4ever
03-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Rod Smith, Jevon Walker, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, Damien Nash, Tod Nalen(??) Cooper Carlisle, Eric Pears....

do I get a prize??

TK, Could you change your avatar? That one is hard to look at.

real
03-13-2007, 02:35 PM
No one has a personal agenda you just can't wrap your head around the fact that DC is not the entire team, it's a really simple concept though.

I don't think you, along with others can wrap your head around the fact that you can't win with bad QB'ing...

David wasn't marginal last year....In his fifth year, he was terrible...Awful at times...Mediocre occasionally....great and heroic, never....

QB is THE most important position on every team without the championship Ravens defense, that isn't facing Kerry Collins in the big game...

Everybody else needs a decent QB. We don't have one.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 02:36 PM
many teams have & will continue to win or least be .500 with at best marginal Qb'ing. 2 of our rivals did it last year & some teams even make it to the playoffs with it.

Who??

Of the 32 starters, which ones are worse than David??

Where do you rate David Carr??

Silver Oak
03-13-2007, 03:06 PM
just off the top of my head. 3 starting qb's from last season that I think are worse NFL qb's than DC....

Grossman
either of the Jags qb's
Simms

Mr teX
03-13-2007, 03:11 PM
I put it to you like this XT

You like Vick, I think i am correct in saying that, right? Do you think he is a good QB?

Wouldn't He look so much better than most give him credit for as a QB if:

his recievers caught the ball when he needed them to?

If his line blocked a whole heck of alot better than they did this past year?

If he had more than 1 option that could get open?

If his defense could defend the pass better than they do? etc...

Now i'm sure that falcons fans are having the exact same convo about Vick that we are having about DC now. What makes him different from DC other than the obvious physical attributes? He's had ample time to develop as has DC, yet he hasn't put it together.

Qb is an important position, but it is also the most dependent position & even the best can't do it all by themselves.

& TSkyss at this point i'd put DC in the same class as Brunell, Grossman,Delhomme, leftwitch that range. he's at least as good as those guys and all have been to the playoffs within the last 2 years.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 03:15 PM
TK, Could you change your avatar? That one is hard to look at.

Because you asked.

real
03-13-2007, 03:17 PM
just off the top of my head. 3 starting qb's from last season that I think are worse NFL qb's than DC....

Grossman
either of the Jags qb's
Simms

None of those guys were worse than Carr.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Now i'm sure that falcons fans are having the exact same convo about Vick that we are having about DC now. What makes him different from DC other than the obvious physical attributes? He's had ample time to develop as has DC, yet he hasn't put it together.

Qb is an important position, but it is also the most dependent position & even the best can't do it all by themselves.

& TSkyss at this point i'd put DC in the same class as Brunell, Grossman,Delhomme, leftwitch that range. he's at least as good as those guys and all have been to the playoffs within the last 2 years.

I actually see a lot of similarities with Carr & Vick. I don't understand how you can appreciate one, and not the other.

I've always said, I don't want Vick on my team.

love to watch him.

Don't want him on my team.

real
03-13-2007, 03:26 PM
I put it to you like this XT

You like Vick, I think i am correct in saying that, right? Do you think he is a good QB?

Wouldn't He look so much better than most give him credit for as a QB if:

his recievers caught the ball when he needed them to?

If his line blocked a whole heck of alot better than they did this past year?

If he had more than 1 option that could get open?

If his defense could defend the pass better than they do? etc...

The difference is that even with bad talent around him, he sometimes shows flashes that he can be good...

He was the guy who went into Lambeau and beat the Packers in the play-offs...

I'll put it like this: Even if your team sucks, you should show some flashes of being good, if you're good. Carr hasn't. He hasn't shown that when given time, and everything goes right, he can burn you. And don't say everyone messes up every down. Carr hasn't shown that he can be the guy that makes a play when you need it. He hasn't shown the ability to turn a seemingly bad play into a positive one. He hasn't shown the ability to elevate the play of his teammates. He hasn't shown the ability to be an important factor in games that we "aren't supposed to win". In fact he's shown that we are better when we limit his opprotunites to make plays. All that he has shown is that excuses, ARE still alive. Even Mediocre QB's like Plummer have shown that they can occasionally make plays with bad teammates(Arizona). Brad Johnson in minnesota...Chap Pennington whos LT gave up 10 sacks(more than any of our lineman)...

Carr's not mediocre. He's terrible, and one day I hope you all realize that.

real
03-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Speaking about Vick and Carr, talk about the double standard.

Vicks been sacked over the past two years just as much as anyone. His recievers have dropped more balls than just about anyone, yet he's won big games, has been a key player in those games and has a team in the play-off hunt every year.

Schaub is his back-up. He hasn't beat Vick out.

Sage has been a back-up. never beat anyone else out.

If Schaub hasn't beat out Vick, there must be a reason right ? Just like there's a reason Sage has never won a starting spot ? Right ?

Since "it must be a reason Sage has never started" Why do we clamour for another guy who's never started ? When it so freaking obvious that "there must be a reason he's a back-up"...

Mr teX
03-13-2007, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=xtruroyaltyx;625807]The difference is that even with bad talent around him, he sometimes shows flashes that he can be good...

He was the guy who went into Lambeau and beat the Packers in the play-offs...

I'll put it like this: Even if your team sucks, you should show some flashes of being good, if you're good. Carr hasn't. He hasn't shown that when given time, and everything goes right he can burn you. And don't say everyone messes up every down. Carr hasn't shown that he can be the guy that makes a play when you need it. He hasn't shown the ability to turn a seemingly bad play into a positive one. He hasn't shown the ability to elevate the play of his teammates. He hasn't shown the ability to be an important factor in games that we "aren't supposed to win". In fact he's shown that we are better when we limit his opprotunites to make plays. All that he has shown is that excuses, ARE still alive. Even Mediocre QB's like Plummer have shown that they can occasionally make plays with bad teammates(Arizona). Brad Johnson in minnesota...Chap Pennington whos LT gave up 10 sacks(more than any of our lineman)...

Carr's not mediocre. He's terrible, and one day I hope you all realize that.[/QUOTE

LOL, well just agree to disagree.

real
03-13-2007, 03:40 PM
LOL, well just agree to disagree.

Now that's something I can agree with.

Texanfan4ever
Because you asked.

Oh thanks, I like that one MUCH better. :dance2:

HoustonFrog
I'll reply simply and not babble about the Carr v. Vick comparisons. Both teams may want to run the guy out of town but there is a difference. One guy has taken his team not only to the playoffs but to the edge of being on top. We have seen nothing that shows, unless the rest of team plays perfectly or we put him in a plastic bubble, that Carr can do that.

Mr teX
03-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I'll reply simply and not babble about the Carr v. Vick comparisons. Both teams may want to run the guy out of town but there is a difference. One guy has taken his team not only to the playoffs but to the edge of being on top. We have seen nothing that shows, unless the rest of team plays perfectly or we put him in a plastic bubble, that Carr can do that.

He didn't do it by himself. If i recall that D helped out alot & so did mr Favre.:)

Silver Oak
03-13-2007, 03:44 PM

Wow! Care to explain your reasoning?

HoustonFrog
03-13-2007, 03:51 PM
He didn't do it by himself. If i recall that D helped out alot & so did mr Favre.:)

Yes he did..lol. but he still has winning credentials was my point. I'm not a guy who thinks Vick is the end all, be all either.

real
03-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Wow! Care to explain your reasoning?

My reasoning is that I watched every single one of those guys play atleast once, and I'd take all of them with the exception of Leftwhich, just becase he doesn't fit our scheme.

My Hero
03-13-2007, 04:03 PM

Whatever. Is it dark where your head is at?

real
03-13-2007, 04:17 PM

Another relative ?

Sheesh...

HOU-TEX
03-13-2007, 04:17 PM

Is the elastic on Carr jock strap wearing out from you hanging on it?:)

My Hero
03-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Is the elastic on Carr jock strap wearing out from you hanging on it?:)

No it's still tight,but if you keep swinging you might loosen it yet!

Silver Oak
03-13-2007, 04:53 PM
My reasoning is that I watched every single one of those guys play atleast once, and I'd take all of them with the exception of Leftwhich, just becase he doesn't fit our scheme.

I've watched them all as well, and my opinion is that DC is a better QB than all 3.

Leftwich is a pile of pudding that is not mobile and has accuracy problems.

real
03-13-2007, 04:56 PM
I've watched them all as well, and my opinion is that DC is a better QB than all 3.

Leftwich is a pile of pudding that is not mobile and has accuracy problems.

I can respect that, and I won't argue that...

But the fact that it's even possible that a number one overall pick is even in a serious discussion with Scrubs, should be evidence enough of what we have in David....

The fact that it's a serious conversation out of Who's better Carr, Leftwhich, Grossman, or Simms is pretty disturbing...

Silver Oak
03-13-2007, 05:20 PM
I can respect that, and I won't argue that...

But the fact that it's even possible that a number one overall pick is even in a serious discussion with Scrubs, should be evidence enough of what we have in David....

The fact that it's a serious conversation out of Who's better Carr, Leftwhich, Grossman, or Simms is pretty disturbing...

That would be one way of looking at it, but it should also prove out how tough it is to find an NFL caliber qb since these 3 "scrubs" are all starting in the NFL last season.

That's 1/10th of all the qb's that start on any given weekend.

thunderkyss
03-13-2007, 06:06 PM

And that's my point

South Texan
03-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Realityville. Hmmm, was there once and it was boring. But if you insist:

Trade him. The question here is what is the minimum the team should accept for him.

If they can't get the value they should for him, suffer through one more season with him with Sage as the starter. Look for a QB value in the draft in later rounds and hope whoever it is turns into a gem. (Dallas did it with Romo.) MAYBE it's a wake up call to Carr and MAYBE Kubiack can get further in his head next year and get him consistant. There is also the possiblity someone will lose a QB early in the year and give up something decent to get Carr. Realistically, he's not the worst QB in the league and there are other areas we need to spend the money on this year, and hopefully the cap room will be there next year to pickup a Franchise QB.

Face it, the Texans are stuck with decisions of a previous administration, and you don't clear those out in just a season or two.

Back to Lala Land... I think many would agree it's not physical talent Carr lacks, it's mental... shell shock, status as "Golden Boy" till now, no real coaching in the early years, whatever. It may be fixable.

MATRIX
03-13-2007, 07:37 PM
The trade "rumors" may be just that. We have to face facts.

Like him or not, Carr very well(unless beat out in camp) be the starter when we open the season.

And just maybe, I still have alittle faith(not much). That in his second year in this system, with the OL having new blood(and better players) added. he may just turn the corner. If not, insert Sage, and play our QB draft pick we take in the 3rd rd.

NFLforher
03-13-2007, 07:41 PM
:yahoo:

No it's still tight,but if you keep swinging you might loosen it yet!

Sweet.

NFLforher
03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
And just maybe, I still have alittle faith(not much). That in his second year in this system, with the OL having new blood(and better players) added. he may just turn the corner. If not, insert Sage, and play our QB draft pick we take in the 3rd rd.

Sounds good to me. Competition is a good thing.

real
03-14-2007, 08:38 AM
That would be one way of looking at it, but it should also prove out how tough it is to find an NFL caliber qb since these 3 "scrubs" are all starting in the NFL last season.

That's 1/10th of all the qb's that start on any given weekend.

The only problem with that is that we have the highest paid scrub...

Leftwhich, and Grossman both play on successful teams, and weren't number one overall's and haven't been afforded 5 yrs. of pitty pat time, sympathy and excuses...All those other guys are pretty young....We have a sorry ***** Vet....

Where are the number one overall picks, who've been starting for five years, and his "potential" is still a topic ???? Carr is a bust, and NOT the kind in Canton.

Those other teams can afford less than spectacular QB's because they didn't take them number one overall and pay them a boatload of money restricting the amount you have to spend on other talent.

No matter how you look at it, try to spin it, or cover it up, David Carr is not good for this football team.

He needs to go, and I have no doubt he will be gone.

DarkNinja
03-14-2007, 08:44 AM

Leftwhich, and Grossman both play on successful teams, and weren't number one overall's and haven't been afforded 5 yrs. of pitty pat time, sympathy and excuses...

Those other teams can afford less than spectacular QB's because they didn't take them number one overall and pay them a boatload of money restricting the amount you have to spend on other talent.

No matter how you look at it, try to spin it, or cover it up, David Carr is not good for this football team.

Amen bro....get this guy a beer!:yahoo:

My Hero
03-14-2007, 11:13 AM

Leftwhich, and Grossman both play on successful teams, and weren't number one overall's and haven't been afforded 5 yrs. of pitty pat time, sympathy and excuses...All those other guys are pretty young....We have a sorry ***** Vet....

Where are the number one overall picks, who've been starting for five years, and his "potential" is still a topic ???? Carr is a bust, and NOT the kind in Canton.

I have no doubt that he will be here still,just as the prior 5 years. You don't have to like it,but speculation won't change the roster.

hadaad
03-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Here's what I understand:
Certain people here believe there is no way Carr suits up as a starter (or as a backup) for the Texans next year. No way at all. So, what I want to know is this: How do you see Carr leaving the Texans? Traded? For what? Cut? I don't see the team cutting him, personally.

My thoughts: If Carr is here, fine. You can't change everything about a team in one offseason. If he needs to be gone, he'll be gone, sooner or later. I don't believe the conspiracy theories that he's got McNair in his pocket (not that he's ever really had a pocket... badoom tss) and if he's holding the team back, he'll be replaced. However, if he's gone, I think that he'll be packaged with our pick at #8 either for more picks or to move up in Rd. 1.

I would like to see what Carr can do with another season at the helm. Call it morbid curiosity, call it blind homerism (I'm sure some of you will, anyway). It's probably just not wanting to give up on someone the team has invested so much in.

My Hero
03-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Certain people here believe there is no way Carr suits up as a starter (or as a backup) for the Texans next year. No way at all. So, what I want to know is this: How do you see Carr leaving the Texans? Traded? For what? Cut? I don't see the team cutting him, personally.

My thoughts: If Carr is here, fine. You can't change everything about a team in one offseason. If he needs to be gone, he'll be gone, sooner or later. I don't believe the conspiracy theories that he's got McNair in his pocket (not that he's ever really had a pocket... badoom tss) and if he's holding the team back, he'll be replaced. However, if he's gone, I think that he'll be packaged with our pick at #8 either for more picks or to move up in Rd. 1.

I would like to see what Carr can do with another season at the helm. Call it morbid curiosity, call it blind homerism (I'm sure some of you will, anyway). It's probably just not wanting to give up on someone the team has invested so much in.

Well worded.

real
03-14-2007, 11:34 AM
I have no doubt that he will be here still,just as the prior 5 years. You don't have to like it,but speculation won't change the roster.

LOL

Carr is already gone, you just don't know it....

My Hero
03-14-2007, 11:35 AM
LOL

Carr is already gone, you just don't know it....

We played this game yesterday,you already lost.

Texan_Bill
03-14-2007, 11:36 AM

:homer:

HOMER!!

:jk:

real
03-14-2007, 11:44 AM
I would like to see what Carr can do with another season at the helm.

Why ?

I don't understand this, and don't know what to call it other than a severe case of Carr-itis homerism.

What has Carr done in five years that makes you want to put him back on the field for us another season ?

Where are the positives ?

real
03-14-2007, 11:46 AM
We played this game yesterday,you already lost.

I'm not here to convince you, because honestly I don't care whether or not you see the writting on the wall.

No games being played, I just thought it was funny.

My Hero
03-14-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm not here to convince you, because honestly I don't care whether or not you see the writting on the wall.

No games being played, I just thought it was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
LOL

LOL yourself, Rick Smith"David Carr is our starting QB". Undisputed at this point in time,unless you have some inside information the rest of the world is unaware of.__________________

Do you have something to add? Some writing on the wall that I have not seen?

hadaad
03-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Why ?

I don't understand this, and don't know what to call it other than a severe case of Carr-itis homerism.

What has Carr done in five years that makes you want to put him back on the field for us another season ?

Where are the positives ?

I'm not really sure, myself. I did examine some of the reasons in my post. If/when Carr is back, during the season, I'll probably feel differently. I don't have any especial love for Carr. Maybe I just feel bad for the guy for what he's gone through here. Maybe it's a residual effect from the Cleveland Browns cheering when Tim Couch got hurt. Maybe it's just memories from the one season I actually got to watch on TV (7-9). I don't know.

real
03-14-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm not really sure, myself. I did examine some of the reasons in my post. If/when Carr is back, during the season, I'll probably feel differently. I don't have any especial love for Carr. Maybe I just feel bad for the guy for what he's gone through here. Maybe it's a residual effect from the Cleveland Browns cheering when Tim Couch got hurt. Maybe it's just memories from the one season I actually got to watch on TV (7-9). I don't know.

I can actually empathize with you better than some of these other Carr loyalist who try and use his actual play/production/ "potential" as to why they want him back. THAT I DON'T GET.

Atleast you recognize that it isn't exactly his play that makes you want him back. I don't agree with it, but I can respect you for admitting it.

real
03-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Do you have something to add? Some writing on the wall that I have not seen?

I clearly said in my last post that I don't care whether or not you believe Carr will be here next season.

We can just agree to disagree about his future. No harm in that.:)

santo
03-14-2007, 12:01 PM

I agree totally with this, but other than that, if he is not plaiyng well in the first 2 games if he starts, then I say bring in Rosenfels, Porter, or Van Pelt. Give someone else a chance for a change.

hadaad
03-14-2007, 12:04 PM
I can actually empathize with you better than some of these other Carr loyalist who try and use his actual play/production/ "potential" as to why they want him back. THAT I DON'T GET.

Atleast you recognize that it isn't exactly his play that makes you want him back. I don't agree with it, but I can respect you for admitting it.

To be fair, I really liked what I saw from Carr early in the season. I got excited for where the team might have gone if the defense wasn't letting the team down.

Then his play fell off and the defense got better and they started losing games because of the offense (and winning games because of the defense -- Oakland).

My problem with Carr isn't that he isn't any good. It's that he's damaged. His confidence, his pocket presence, his ability to read defenses -- they're all so fragile, right now. He took a kicking for a lot of years and yeah, he's tough, physically, but the trust isn't there right now.

Here's the plan: Kubiak sits down with Carr and finds out where his head's at. Maybe there's a shrink there, maybe not. Find out whether Carr's heart is in it, whether he can suck it up and fire away while the walls are crumbling, and if not, cut ties. If he gets the impression that Carr can be in it when things don't go well, keep him.

That's where I stand on Carr (for now).

real
03-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Here's the plan: Kubiak sits down with Carr and finds out where his head's at. Maybe there's a shrink there, maybe not. Find out whether Carr's heart is in it, whether he can suck it up and fire away while the walls are crumbling, and if not, cut ties. If he gets the impression that Carr can be in it when things don't go well, keep him.

No offense, but if Kubiak does that and bases his decision from a "talk", he has to be the worse coach ever.

A mouth will tell you anything.

We've seen Carr look like a nervous wreck, throw jump balls, and just plain play bad. Why would you forget all that, and make a decision based from what he says ? You never really know how someone's going to react until they get into the actual situation. We've got 5 yrs of film on Carr. We know what he can do, and we know what he struggles with. A talk isn't going to make Kubiak forget that. The Negatives of keeping Carr FAR outweigh the positives.

IMO, the F.O and coaching staff have already decided to get rid of Carr.

ib4texans
03-14-2007, 12:19 PM
No offense, but if Kubiak does that and bases his decision from a "talk", he has to be the worse coach ever.

We've seen Carr look like a nervous wreck, throw jump balls, and just plain play bad. Why would you forget all that, and make a decision based from what he says ? You never really know how someone's going to react until they get into the actual situation. We've got 5 yrs of film on Carr. We know what he can do, and we know what he struggles with. A talk isn't going to make Kubiak forget that. The Negatives of keeping Carr FAR outweigh the positives.

If this be the case,who's the starter Sage? I don't think that he's an improvement. Please understand that I don't think DC's play was inspiring last season, if the coach thinks that he can get more out of Carr then we let him.
Kubiak has to be the person best suited to evaluate the players at his disposal. If Kubiak thinks that he can get more from Sage then that's who will start, I think that with Sage he just knows how high the bar is set. Maybe he thinks he can raise the bar with Carr.

p.s. wasn't trying to ryhme.

real
03-14-2007, 12:26 PM
If this be the case,who's the starter Sage? I don't think that he's an improvement. Please understand that I don't think DC's play was inspiring last season, if the coach thinks that he can get more out of Carr then we let him.
Kubiak has to be the person best suited to evaluate the players at his disposal. If Kubiak thinks that he can get more from Sage then that's who will start, I think that with Sage he just knows how high the bar is set. Maybe he thinks he can raise the bar with Carr.

IMHO, people are sleeping on Sage.

Please_Evolve
03-14-2007, 12:26 PM
To be fair, I really liked what I saw from Carr early in the season. I got excited for where the team might have gone if the defense wasn't letting the team down.

Then his play fell off and the defense got better and they started losing games because of the offense (and winning games because of the defense -- Oakland).

My problem with Carr isn't that he isn't any good. It's that he's damaged. His confidence, his pocket presence, his ability to read defenses -- they're all so fragile, right now. He took a kicking for a lot of years and yeah, he's tough, physically, but the trust isn't there right now.

I think that's well worded on how i feel as well.

I honestly don't get the golden boy potrayal some of you guys have him up as. The guy has taken more hits and still gotten up more times then any QB recently that i can think of. He's been given sub par talent around him and a terrible coaching staff to boot. No QB coach. A horrible line every year and yet you expect the guy alone to take the team to the playoffs? Call it excuses or whatever you like, but looking at things objectively(which i wonder if some of you have that ability) these things speak for themselves.

If you want someone with golden boy status look at Eli Manning. Surrounded by a good team, solid oline, great running game, two reliable receivers...for the most part Plax does tend to disapear in big games, and a good tight end. At best he's been inconsistant, makes questionable throws, has lead histeam to some good games don't get me wrong and lead them to the playoffs. But each time they've been blown out....badly. I do put some ofthat at Coughlin's feet. In both games he was outcoached period. I think the players on that team knew it and voiced it. I don't think they should've apolgized and i think Tiki is right(weird for me saying that too cause i am not the biggest Tiki fan).

As for his compettion the "hefty lefty" Lorezen isn't pushing anyone and Tim Hasselbeck only gets recognition cause of his brother.

I'm not the biggest Carr fan myself. But i'd equate him right now to a beaten dog about to be run out of the house...probably the best thing for him as a player. As a fan i'd rather him start then Sage or any of the other FA starters on the market this year. Maybe Garcia but he'll have fun in Tampa with Gruden, he really should've just signed on with Philly instead of even testing the market. Good team, good situation and perenial playoff contender. Other then that NO one else in the FA excited me. Sage doesn't either. I've voiced my thoughts on Commander Cody 2.0.

For everyone that slams a Carr Homer should look at themselves and check to see a blind hater. You're always going to be stuck comparing X future QB to Carr. Sad.

ib4texans
03-14-2007, 12:33 PM
IMHO, people are sleeping on Sage.

For the last 6 years?

What in your opinion has he done to show you aspects of greatness.
He looks like he has football smarts for sure,as he stands on the sidelines. I think most back-ups look savy with thier clipboards,just waiting for the chance to go in and show everybody what they have.

If your right though we'll be seeing him soon,if were going 7-9 or 8-8 it just really matter if it's Sage or Carr. The only problem is that Carr's value will never increase and it certainly won't decrease.

hadaad
03-14-2007, 12:47 PM

To be fair, I didn't exactly see the meeting with kubiak going like this:
"So, Dave, you still got it?"
"Yeah, coach."
"really?"
"Yeah."
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"Oh, okay. You got the reins this year."

No, you have him visualize stuff, have him talk about stuff and listen to the way he says it. If there's no passion, no fire in his eyes, if he stalks off like a kicked puppy, you move on.

You think they've already given him up? In that case, what do you want in return for him? Just him gone? Realistically, given his past performances, what do you want, what do you expect?

As far as Sage starting, I don't know. He's not some miracle quarterback waiting to explode. They do hold practices. They do hold training camp. If he was this dynamo, I'm pretty sure someone would have seen it in a practice. He'd be a decent game manager, that's for sure. Sort of a Trent-Dilfer-Baltimore-Ravens kinda guy. Maybe. But we don't have the defense, the special teams, the running game, or the O-line that Baltimore had that year. If we have a QB that's just not going to lose us games, he's not going to jump up and take over any games either. I'm not saying Carr's that guy either, but I'm pretty darned sure Sage isn't it. If Capers was still our coach, I could see us going with that guy, because Capers is a d-first guy, but Kubiak wants playmakers.

real
03-14-2007, 12:52 PM
For the last 6 years?

What in your opinion has he done to show you aspects of greatness.
He looks like he has football smarts for sure,as he stands on the sidelines. I think most back-ups look savy with thier clipboards,just waiting for the chance to go in and show everybody what they have.

If your right though we'll be seeing him soon,if were going 7-9 or 8-8 it just really matter if it's Sage or Carr. The only problem is that Carr's value will never increase and it certainly won't decrease.

What does everybody see in Matt Schaub ? Why was Tom Brady picked in the 6th rd ? Why was Jerry Rice playing 1-AA ball ? Why didn't we pick VY ? Why did Matt Leinart slip to Ten? Why wasn't Ray Lewis a top ten pick? Why was Ryan Leaf chosen over Peyton Manning ? Why did the Dolphins turn Brees down in favor of Culpepper? Why is the world round ? Why was Michael Jordan cut from his high school basketball team ? Why haven't we had a positive steroids test from Barry Bonds? Why do people like to swim ? How many blades of grass are ther on the planet ?

Some things just are what they are.

And for the record, I have never said Sage is going to be Great, Awesome, or anything of the sort. Do I think he will provide better play from that position than David ? ummm....yeah, I do....

Why?

I've seen enough of him from the pre-season and the Titans game. I don't need to watch a guy for 5 years to evaluate him. 4 games will suffice.

real
03-14-2007, 12:59 PM
You think they've already given him up? In that case, what do you want in return for him? Just him gone? Realistically, given his past performances, what do you want, what do you expect?

i'm not exactly what we can get for Carr. Maybe a third, in a perfect situation. But I seriously think the coaching staff has already made their mind up that Carr is history.

If he was this dynamo, I'm pretty sure someone would have seen it in a practice.

I get tired of this line of thinking.

Why didn't Tom Brady get the starting spot from Bledsoe until he was injured? I'm sure someone would have seen that he was capable of leading a team to three superbowls in his first four years as a starter.....right ?

Why was Tarrel Davis a sixth round pick ? Surely someone knew he'd be a 2000 yard rusher and a key component in two superbowls.....right ?

Watch a player and formulate your own opinion. Don't base it off of what someone else thinks otherwise it's not really your opinion, and all your doing is playing follow the leader. Otherwise it's nothing wrong with saying "I don't know" or " I haven't seen enough to formulate an opinion"...I say it all the time.

My Hero
03-14-2007, 01:00 PM
What does everybody see in Matt Schaub ? Why was Tom Brady picked in the 6th rd ? Why was Jerry Rice playing 1-AA ball ? Why didn't we pick VY ? Why did Matt Leinart slip to Ten? Why wasn't Ray Lewis a top ten pick? Why was Ryan Leaf chosen over Peyton Manning ? Why did the Dolphins turn Brees down in favor of Culpepper? Why is the world round ? Why was Michael Jordan cut from his high school basketball team ? Why haven't we had a positive steroids test from Barry Bonds? Why do people like to swim ? How many blades of grass are ther on the planet ?

And for the record, I have never said Sage is going to be Great, Awesome, or anything of the sort. Do I think he will provide better play from that position than David ? ummm....yeah, I do....

Why?

I've seen enough of him from the pre-season and the Titans game. I don't need to watch a guy for 5 years to evaluate him. 4 games will suffice.

Are you FREAKIN kidding me? 4 partial games and you have a feel for Sage to be a starter. Other coaches have had the chance to evaluate him for 6 years of training camp on the field action,and pre-season. Your expertise mystifies me. Maybe your just a Sage Homer and can't get over it. We most definetly can agree to disagree.

real
03-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Are you FREAKIN kidding me? 4 partial games and you have a feel for Sage to be a starter.

Yeah...Your way makes more sense....

Watch Carr play terrible for 5 years.....What the he!!, lets give him another...

Everytime we've seen Sage in action as a Texan he's impressed......He's good enough to be a back-up, but he's not good enough to replace 11 tds on the season, and be a hand-off Machine....

Yeah, the drop of would be tremendous.

P.S. I'm not afraid to say that I judge talent better than you because im damn good at it.

My Hero
03-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Yeah...Your way makes more sense....

Watch Carr play terrible for 5 years.....What the he!!, lets give him another...

Everytime we've seen Sage in action as a Texan he's impressed......He's good enough to be a back-up, but he's not good enough to replace 11 tds on the season, and be a hand-off Machine....

Yeah, the drop of would be tremendous.
P.S. I'm not afraid to say that I judge talent better than you because im damn good at it.

At least if you draft Quinn you get an unknown. With Sage or Carr the script has already been written. You can't honestly beleive Carr played terrible for 5 years. You just wanted more from last year and he's who you want to blame. Bye the way,you are seriously sounding like a Sage Homer.

What talent are you judging better than I? I think that the coaches that have actual contact with player(not some nuance of mystical evaluation) have a better knowledge with the player,situation and team than either you or I. I however am not full of self importance like yourself and think that my opinion should be rule. So far the evaluation of talent has sided with me until this point ie; Carr has started for 5 years, Sage has polished the bench with his a** for 6 years.

real
03-14-2007, 01:26 PM
You can't honestly beleive Carr played terrible for 5 years.

No, not terrible. But far from desirable.

real
03-14-2007, 01:31 PM
So far the evaluation of talent has sided with me until this point ie; Carr has started for 5 years, Sage has polished the bench with his a** for 6 years.

Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I said what I did because I think it's true.

Most people on here don't evaluate talent. And if they do call themselves evaluating someone they are looking aren't even looking for the right things. Is anyone going to be 100% all the time ?? No...Not even close....

But some of these takes and opinions on the board about certain players ability just tickle me silly.

Thinking Carr will come back and succeed as the Texans QB is funny to me for so many different reasons.

Saying you'd rather roll with Carr than Sage is funny.

Carr is a terrible starter, and on some teams he couldn't make it as a back up.

My Hero
03-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I said what I did because I think it's true.

Most people on here don't evaluate talent. And if they do call themselves evaluating someone they are looking aren't even looking for the right things. Is anyone going to be 100% all the time ?? No...Not even close....

But some of these takes and opinions on the board about certain players ability just tickle me silly.

Thinking Carr will come back and succeed as the Texans QB is funny to me for so many different reasons.

Saying you'd rather roll with Carr than Sage is funny.

Carr is a terrible starter, and on some teams he couldn't make it as a back up.

I'll say it again that if the coaches have the opinion that there is something left in Carr I'll go with that.

If they want to start Sage I'll respect that, because that is their job. I'll still be here regardless of what some posters might think.

Mr teX
03-14-2007, 01:42 PM

Why?

LOL

petedy
03-14-2007, 01:45 PM
No, not terrible. But far from desirable.

Then by all means since you own the Texans you should make the move and don't waste time in doing it. Where were you when Casserly was given the job of GM six years ago and now Smith has taken a job you are most qualified for.

My Hero
03-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Then by all means since you own the Texans you should make the move and don't waste time in doing it. Where were you when Casserly was given the job of GM six years ago and now Smith has taken a job you are most qualified for.

Oh how I love it!

real
03-14-2007, 01:51 PM

You're too old to be making such ignorant comments.

ib4texans
03-14-2007, 01:54 PM

I don't think anyone should be hurling ignorant comments.....................SHUT DOWN THE MESSAGE BOARD

tsip
03-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Are you FREAKIN kidding me? 4 partial games and you have a feel for Sage to be a starter. Other coaches have had the chance to evaluate him for 6 years of training camp on the field action,and pre-season. Your expertise mystifies me. Maybe your just a Sage Homer and can't get over it. We most definetly can agree to disagree.

JMO, but you're going at this back wards. First, we've seen Carr get 'coddled' for 5 yrs and got even worse in '06, as the rest of the team got better-- what we've all seen from Carr, is his best. He just doesn't have 'it'. His entire play on the field is defined by the 'flavor of the day excuse.'

OK, here's the part you don't get. It's not whether another QB can play 'better' than David...it's whether another QB can play worse??!!!

11 tds (2 in the last 10 games/no pocket presence/no vertical passing game,etc. is not a 'high' mole hill for any other NFL QB to climb--what we've seen from Carr is-well- enough is enough.:yahoo: :drool: :drool: :yahoo:

thunderkyss
03-14-2007, 03:12 PM
As far as Sage starting, I don't know. He's not some miracle quarterback waiting to explode. They do hold practices. They do hold training camp. If he was this dynamo, I'm pretty sure someone would have seen it in a practice. He'd be a decent game manager, that's for sure. Sort of a Trent-Dilfer-Baltimore-Ravens kinda guy. Maybe. But we don't have the defense, the special teams, the running game, or the O-line that Baltimore had that year.

This is all many Carr fans are hoping to get out of David... Why don't we just see if we can get this from Sage, and save some money??

Sage isn't the future... he's just going to help us move on, and not have to deal with a rookie QB 6 years running.

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2007, 03:26 PM
This is all many Carr fans are hoping to get out of David... Why don't we just see if we can get this from Sage, and save some money??

Sage isn't the future... he's just going to help us move on, and not have to deal with a rookie QB 6 years running.

i think some people just think 'save some money' means McNair just makes more profit.

hadaad
03-14-2007, 03:38 PM

If the front office decides that Sage is the man, they'll let me know on gameday. I don't necessarily agree that he's the answer. I believe, despite what Xtru says, that if you want to show it in a game, you have to show it in practice, first, but I don't make the decisions for the Texans (thank GOD!) I'm perfectly happy with whatever they decide to do because they want to win and they know more than I do. I can spout off on what I want to have happen (and I have, I admit) but in the end, the only opinions that count are the ones attached to those who make the decisions. I'll cheer for the Texans even if I disagree with moves they make. And I would disagree with making Sage the starter when he can't show it in practice.

As far as Brady, Owens, and all the other guys that get drafted late, don't start right away, or whatever, how in the world should I know? I didn't watch their workouts, I don't get invited to a heck of a lot of NFL practices, and I don't see what goes on. I DO know that if you have a #1 overall quarterback, like Drew Bledsoe, like David Carr, it's going to be hard, if not impossible, to unseat him, because of the dollars. But Sage didn't have to unseat a #1 overall in Miami or in Washington.

real
03-14-2007, 03:49 PM
And I would disagree with making Sage the starter when he can't show it in practice.

Just in case you hadn't noticed....the only way David was not going to be in that starting lineup the past 5 yrs is if the world ended.

He could have fumbled twice in one half, threw an interception and been flat out awful and he'd come back and start the next week....

Wait a second....

hadaad
03-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Just in case you hadn't noticed....the only way David was not going to be in that starting lineup the past 5 yrs is if the world ended.

He could have fumbled twice in one half, threw an interception and been flat out awful and he'd come back and start the next week....

Wait a second....

I'm pretty sure I addressed that in saying that taking the reins from a #1 overall is hard if not impossible. But the Texans aren't the first organization he's played for.

real
03-14-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm pretty sure I addressed that in saying that taking the reins from a #1 overall is hard if not impossible. But the Texans aren't the first organization he's played for.

It's cool to disagree.

You'd rather start a guy that threw 11 TD's on the season....

I wouldn't.

Hey, go figure.

hadaad
03-14-2007, 04:13 PM
It's cool to disagree.

And here, I thought we wouldn't ever agree on anything...

thunderkyss
03-14-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm perfectly happy with whatever they decide to do because they want to win and they know more than I do.

I DO know that if you have a #1 overall quarterback, like Drew Bledsoe, like David Carr, it's going to be hard, if not impossible, to unseat him, because of the dollars. But Sage didn't have to unseat a #1 overall in Miami or in Washington.

That's cool. But I personally believe that our F.O. hasn't put winning as their #1 priority yet. It's always been developing David. That's just the way I see it. To me, if winning was first priority, we'd have started a Veteran QB from day 1. But the Texans said,"We're an expansion team. We aren't going to win anything anyway, so we're going to develop our QB." & it's been that way ever since.

Sure, protection has been an issue... But a former #1 overall has been bounced from New England to Buffalo to Dallas, to who knows where because he couldn't perform under pressure(and various other reasons), in less time than David has been with the Texans. And that's after that former #1 overall has proven that he can play at a high level if he is afforded ample protection. Something we are assuming David can do.

Again, IMHO, we should address these problems one at a time. Sit David(cut David, Trade David, it doesn't really matter to me), and lets work on our protection problem. Or lets go through a dozen QBs & find one that can work with what we put on the OL.

I don't know how bad/good our OL is, an in my honest opinion, I don't think we'll know, until we have someone other than David taking the snaps.

Please_Evolve
03-14-2007, 04:29 PM

Why?

Matt Schaub wasa solid Qb coming out of ..Virgina i believe. The difference is when he's been in...there's talent on that team to work with. Mike Vick...is Mike Vick too..even if Scaub is better Qb, which he is, he won't unseat the"most exciting player in the NFL"

If i remember right Tom Brady didn't play a whole lot at Michigan. So most teams didn't get a lot of chances to see him.

I think playing Div 2 for Jerry Rice is probably what motivated him in his work ethic more then anything else. Always played with a chip on his shoulder.

We didn't pick VY because of the extension of Carr's Contract. While some of us here wanted him...it just wasn't feasable. He was also considered pretty raw and still is. I'm curious to see next season with Bennett gone and both starting RBs gone.

Matt Leinart didn't slip to Tennesee....he slipped to Arizona. Probably the best thing for him in his career. He gets to play in an offense that is pretty much like the one he ran at USC. Complete with 3 top flight receivers, a good developing TE and Edge in the backfield. Fix the line and that'll be an explosive offense next year. Wisenhunt is a smart guy too he'll get it done.

As for the Ray Lewis draft. I cannot say it might've been just because of the year and who was ahead of him. MLB usually aren't top ten guys. Guys like A.J. Hawk are an exception not a rule.

Ryan Leaf wasn't chosen over Peyton. Indy picked him #1.

Dolphins probably felt like on the gamble what's more likely Brees shoulder healing like it did or Daunte's knee healing.

The Rest are you just talking. And i thought when someone said you are "sleeping" on someone it usually meant the yare going to outperform your expectations. IE sleeper picks.

I'd expect better. You are veering towards Navy Chris territory.

ib4texans
03-14-2007, 04:30 PM
That's cool. But I personally believe that our F.O. hasn't put winning as their #1 priority yet. It's always been developing David. That's just the way I see it. To me, if winning was first priority, we'd have started a Veteran QB from day 1. But the Texans said,"We're an expansion team. We aren't going to win anything anyway, so we're going to develop our QB." & it's been that way ever since.

Sure, protection has been an issue... But a former #1 overall has been bounced from New England to Buffalo to Dallas, to who knows where because he couldn't perform under pressure(and various other reasons), in less time than David has been with the Texans. And that's after that former #1 overall has proven that he can play at a high level if he is afforded ample protection. Something we are assuming David can do.

Again, IMHO, we should address these problems one at a time. Sit David(cut David, Trade David, it doesn't really matter to me), and lets work on our protection problem. Or lets go through a dozen QBs & find one that can work with what we put on the OL.

I don't know how bad/good our OL is, an in my honest opinion, I don't think we'll know, until we have someone other than David taking the snaps.

I'm with you most of the way on that TK.

HoustonFrog
03-14-2007, 04:32 PM
I think that's well worded on how i feel as well.

I honestly don't get the golden boy potrayal some of you guys have him up as. The guy has taken more hits and still gotten up more times then any QB recently that i can think of. He's been given sub par talent around him and a terrible coaching staff to boot. No QB coach. A horrible line every year and yet you expect the guy alone to take the team to the playoffs? Call it excuses or whatever you like, but looking at things objectively(which i wonder if some of you have that ability) these things speak for themselves.

If you want someone with golden boy status look at Eli Manning. Surrounded by a good team, solid oline, great running game, two reliable receivers...for the most part Plax does tend to disapear in big games, and a good tight end. At best he's been inconsistant, makes questionable throws, has lead histeam to some good games don't get me wrong and lead them to the playoffs. But each time they've been blown out....badly. I do put some ofthat at Coughlin's feet. In both games he was outcoached period. I think the players on that team knew it and voiced it. I don't think they should've apolgized and i think Tiki is right(weird for me saying that too cause i am not the biggest Tiki fan).

As for his compettion the "hefty lefty" Lorezen isn't pushing anyone and Tim Hasselbeck only gets recognition cause of his brother.

I'm not the biggest Carr fan myself. But i'd equate him right now to a beaten dog about to be run out of the house...probably the best thing for him as a player. As a fan i'd rather him start then Sage or any of the other FA starters on the market this year. Maybe Garcia but he'll have fun in Tampa with Gruden, he really should've just signed on with Philly instead of even testing the market. Good team, good situation and perenial playoff contender. Other then that NO one else in the FA excited me. Sage doesn't either. I've voiced my thoughts on Commander Cody 2.0.

For everyone that slams a Carr Homer should look at themselves and check to see a blind hater. You're always going to be stuck comparing X future QB to Carr. Sad.

No, what is sad is there are people who write long rambling diatribes stating absolutely nothing. The difference between you and I is that I don't personally get offended by other's stances while you feel the need to attack other people out of some sort of theory that attacking the messenger makes your point more valid.

I'm quite comfortible when I look at myself on these issues. The reason why is because it isn't grounded in worshipping one player and giving him more slack than any player in NFL history. When I look at this situation I see the whole picture, for Carr and the team. I'm assuming you didn't participate in team sports or you'd know what a team split does during a season. I'm still waiting for one person, without the recess cutdowns, to explain how it is good for a TEAM to have a QB on the auction block, have teammates calling the guy to the mat and having a coach who is losing faith after saying he could fix him?No matter what insults you hurl at Dunta, the fact remains that no one has come to Carr's defense or commented on the matter. It also isn't the only player who has commentd over the years and I'm sure the players all have an opinion. Right now this adds up to a black cloud. On the other side of things, why would a fan of Carr want him to be forced to take a cut, be on a team that outwardly said they would try to get something better and who has teammates that want him gone?If he is going to prove himself it won't be here. It is a win/win if he goes to a stable team and we grow out of the shadow. That is an easy premise without having bulging eyes and attacking others. We are deep into this thread and I have repeated this mantra yet I can't help but shake my head that people continuously think a contentious competition at QB and another year of this is good for the psyche of the team or Carr. I wish them both well and hope we separate and succeed.

Sorry about the long, rambling diatribe:)

Please_Evolve
03-14-2007, 04:44 PM
No, what is sad is there are people who write long rambling diatribes stating absolutely nothing. The difference between you and I is that I don't personally get offended by other's stances while you feel the need to attack other people out of some sort of theory that attacking the messenger makes your point more valid.

I'm quite comfortible when I look at myself on these issues. The reason why is because it isn't grounded in worshipping one player and giving him more slack than any player in NFL history. When I look at this situation I see the whole picture, for Carr and the team. I'm assuming you didn't participate in team sports or you'd know what a team split does during a season. I'm still waiting for one person, without the recess cutdowns, to explain how it is good for a TEAM to have a QB on the auction block, have teammates calling the guy to the mat and having a coach who is losing faith after saying he could fix him?No matter what insults you hurl at Dunta, the fact remains that no one has come to Carr's defense or commented on the matter. It also isn't the only player who has commentd over the years and I'm sure the players all have an opinion. Right now this adds up to a black cloud. On the other side of things, why would a fan of Carr want him to be forced to take a cut, be on a team that outwardly said they would try to get something better and who has teammates that want him gone?If he is going to prove himself it won't be here. It is a win/win if he goes to a stable team and we grow out of the shadow. That is an easy premise without having bulging eyes and attacking others. We are deep into this thread and I have repeated this mantra yet I can't help but shake my head that people continuously think a contentious competition at QB and another year of this is good for the psyche of the team or Carr. I wish them both well and hope we separate and succeed.

Sorry about the long, rambling diatribe:)

oh the irony.

and did you have a fruedian slip there?

I stand by what i said. If you want to look at a coddled QB look no further then Eli.

On edit: I don't get how i attacked anyone. Especially any "messenger". As for the Recess cut downs i didn't include anything unless you call blind hater a recess cut down. Try and look back over my post again it especially wasn't aimed at you :)

ib4texans
03-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Hey check out what they are talking about over on the Bears board.
This cracks me up!

Re: Rex haters...just leave....
Reply Quote

ShroomzGod:
Pumpirules:
Last time I checked, the Colts scored 17 points off of Rex's turnovers in the superbowl.

My loyalty is to the Chicago Bears, not to Rex Grossman.

Dude seriously, get over it. The Superbowl broke my heart too.

I just went back to SB.com for the first time since before the game and I felt that horrible feeling Rex Fans and haters both felt when we lost that game.

I know that I poke fun at you guys but I also know we all shared the pain.
Let Rex improve on the great season he had last year were we made it to the big dance.
He got us there once why not again?

Know.......what you mean Shroomz.............. time to let the dog sleep

In reagrds to some others ..

Put the blame where it truly lies NOT on one player ... So you want to blame Rex?? What about ther missed tackles.....blown coverages ......missed blocking assignements ..... and a poorly decided and called game . When the whole team failed as a unit you can't blame just one guy on the team ......TIME FOR NEXT YEAR ! ! ! ! !

BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS

thunderkyss
03-14-2007, 04:51 PM
oh the irony.

I stand by what i said. If you want to look at a coddled QB look no further then Eli.

In his third year in the NFL, I've seen Eli make a hell of a comeback to win the Philly Game with excellent QB play(though I'm not convinced Eli is an excellent QB) while being sacked 9 times.

Honoring Earl 34
03-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Eli catches hell playing for the Giants .

If you think Carr's got it bad here ... what if he played in the NE .

Please_Evolve
03-14-2007, 04:56 PM
In his third year in the NFL, I've seen Eli make a hell of a comeback to win the Philly Game with excellent QB play(though I'm not convinced Eli is an excellent QB) while being sacked 9 times.

As a philly fan that game pissed me off. Like said in the earlier post...inconsistant at best. He has those games then he has games where he threw it up for grabs against a team while he was falling down.

Honoring Earl 34
03-14-2007, 05:01 PM
So if you had a choice between Eli and Carr .... who do you take ?

ib4texans
03-14-2007, 05:04 PM

:gun: Please don't make me choose:gun:

HOU-TEX
03-14-2007, 05:05 PM

Wouldn't think twice. Eli :dance3:

Honoring Earl 34
03-14-2007, 05:07 PM
:gun: Please don't make me choose:gun:

That's really not a bad answer .

If you choose to trade Carr are'nt you making that choice ?

El Amigo Invisible
03-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Eli is a winner. Car is...well.... i do not know .:bubble:

ib4texans
03-14-2007, 05:23 PM
That's really not a bad answer .

If you choose to trade Carr are'nt you making that choice ?

I would choose to draft Quinn and then choose to trade Carr. If we don't draft QB then I don't really like anything else out there.

thunderkyss
03-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I would choose to draft Quinn and then choose to trade Carr. If we don't draft QB then I don't really like anything else out there.

Are you going to start Quinn??

HoustonFrog
03-14-2007, 06:36 PM
oh the irony.

On edit: I don't get how i attacked anyone. Especially any "messenger". As for the Recess cut downs i didn't include anything unless you call blind hater a recess cut down. Try and look back over my post again it especially wasn't aimed at you :)

No, it is stated as the team and Carr.

Sorry if I soapboxed on you but I'm tired of having two categories of Carr hater or Carr lover when I think you can realistically look at the situation and not want a guy here without being a hater. I couldn't stand Casserly more than Carr. I just picked out your post and the last part because lately it has turned pretty nuts....ok, it is always nuts but I see alot of the "hater" being thrown out. I wasn't trying to point just one finger. My bad.

One more comment while I'm here. I keep seeing, "if we can't get anything better, why do it?" I think that goes to my previous post and the drama being created on the team. Plus, I don't plan to make the playoffs this year..in all reality. I think Sage or whomever could hold down the fort just fine while having an apprentice in waiting. Most in the organization say Sage is as smart as they come and works well with teammates. We also would save cap room for next year. I don't think keeping Carr this year would make us any more valuable.

petedy
03-14-2007, 09:31 PM

Really?Ignorant?Hmmm... Oh, I know your 21 years on this earth has made you so knowledgable beyond your ears.To let you know I think David Carr shouldn't be on the Texans but rather with a team that has been established and has been around for a long time other than Detroit or Cleveland.He has not deserved the treatment has recieved and the ignorance of people thinking that a five year old team can compete yet with rest of the league.It all takes time to get better find coaches and players that will have the winning chemistry.Everyone,just have patience winning will come even if you keep DC or not.The team has to playout things.They need to try different things until the right combination works.Do I think DC deserves a free ride ?No,but he doesn't need to be insulted and if he hasn't worked out for Kubiak then Kubiak will release or trade him.Then you'll get Sage and after a few games you'll know why other teams let him go.Then you'll form a lynch mob and ask why they passed on Vince?Ah,frontier justice and there is nothing like it.

thunderkyss
03-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Really?Ignorant?Hmmm...

Then you'll form a lynch mob and ask why they passed on Vince?Ah,frontier justice and there is nothing like it.

It's just dawned on me, that you people haven't gotten over Vince Young yet.

Get over it, we've done moved on to Quinn.

Please_Evolve
03-14-2007, 11:47 PM
No, it is stated as the team and Carr.

Sorry if I soapboxed on you but I'm tired of having two categories of Carr hater or Carr lover when I think you can realistically look at the situation and not want a guy here without being a hater. I couldn't stand Casserly more than Carr. I just picked out your post and the last part because lately it has turned pretty nuts....ok, it is always nuts but I see alot of the "hater" being thrown out. I wasn't trying to point just one finger. My bad.

One more comment while I'm here. I keep seeing, "if we can't get anything better, why do it?" I think that goes to my previous post and the drama being created on the team. Plus, I don't plan to make the playoffs this year..in all reality. I think Sage or whomever could hold down the fort just fine while having an apprentice in waiting. Most in the organization say Sage is as smart as they come and works well with teammates. We also would save cap room for next year. I don't think keeping Carr this year would make us any more valuable.

Know how you feel. It's been pretty heated since the Carr trade rumors have hit here. Kind of like a drop of blood and the sharks are swarming.

I know what you mean too about being in two camps either pro Carr/Anti Carr etc etc. Honestly the idea of Sage starting does make me nervous personally. Very. He could very well turn into a guy that can hold down the fort Ala John Kitna with The Bengals choosing Carson Palmer. If so i'm fine with that.

Kolb makes me nervous. I'm weary of system QBs. Stanton could be good but he could fall flat on hisface. Reminds me a lot of what happened to Kyle Orton. Was pretty highly touted then had a bad game then spiraled afterwards. Quinn i'm sold on. I know he's been overhyped but the kid really has all the tools and has been undera freaking microscope at ND and succeeded. Reguardless if we go QB in the draft give him the clipboard for at least halfway through the season. Make sure the line has started to Gel. I'd prefer a year holding the clipboard and playing scrub time in games. (preferably blowouts...yeah sure.) Like you said doubt we make a shot at the playoffs unless we have one of those late miracle runs in the year.

Please_Evolve
03-14-2007, 11:53 PM

Ack. Is this pre NFL Carr and Eli?

If it's now hands down Eli mostly because he's less damaged goods at this point and has shown better and more flashes often then Carr.

Pre NFL.... I think Carr would fit better with what Kubiak wants to do and asks of his QB. Of course this is assuming if Kubiak was in the fold in drafting Carr.

petedy
03-15-2007, 02:39 AM
Ack. Is this pre NFL Carr and Eli?

If it's now hands down Eli mostly because he's less damaged goods at this point and has shown better and more flashes often then Carr.

Pre NFL.... I think Carr would fit better with what Kubiak wants to do and asks of his QB. Of course this is assuming if Kubiak was in the fold in drafting Carr.

Some people on this board would think that was bad Carrma.:)