PDA

View Full Version : Bubba's bored Mock

Bubbajwp
03-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Round 1 Laron Landry, Reggie Nelson FS - whoever you prefer.
Round 2 Ryan Kalil C
Round 3 K Kolb QB
Round 4 D Bishop LB
Round 5 Michael Johnson SS
Round 6 Brian Robison DE
Round 7 Justin Medlock

If we trade Carr for a third or fourth round pick I would go for Ryan Harris OT

Ole Miss Texan
03-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Round 2 Ryan Kalil C
Round 3 K Kolb QB
Round 4 D Bishop LB
Round 6 Brian Robison DE
Round 7 Justin Medlock

I would happy if that's how it turned out. However if we have Landry..i think CC and Earl would both be our SS. I don't think we would need to draft one anywhere in the draft...I'd look for a WR now that Moulds is gone....we can probably find a decent guy in the 5th like Jacoby Jones or someone..

Navy_Chris
03-11-2007, 03:57 PM
I would happy if that's how it turned out. However if we have Landry..i think CC and Earl would both be our SS. I don't think we would need to draft one anywhere in the draft...I'd look for a WR now that Moulds is gone....we can probably find a decent guy in the 5th like Jacoby Jones or someone..

I haven't talked about this at all, but I would be thrilled if the Texans moved up to draft CJ in the 1st round and went with Blalock and Satele in Rounds 2 and 3. I would be willing to give up an early rounder next year, a 4th this year and David Carr for the chance to move up and get CJ this year. It's at least worth some thought. Don't think the Texans themselves aren't thinking about it.

Insideop
03-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Round 2 Ryan Kalil C
Round 3 K Kolb QB
Round 4 D Bishop LB
Round 6 Brian Robison DE
Round 7 Justin Medlock

That's a pretty good mock Bubba. I don't think Johnson will fall to the 5th, but I'm not sure we need another SS anyway. The first 3 picks would be great. I would be happy with all 3. Bishop wouldn't be bad either, but I don't know if we move him or Ryans to the "Sam." You could probably pickup a WR in the 5th like McKnight or Ball instead of taking Johnson.

Robison sounds like a good pick in the 6th, but I don't know much about him. My pick here would be Sepulveda, if he's still on the board, since we need a Punter badly IMO. I know alot of people here feel we need a Kicker too, but to me Brown did pretty well last year, and I think he will be alright this season too. So, I don't think I would Medlock in the 7th. Instead, maybe I would go with a CB like Arline from Baylor or maybe Calvin Bannister from Hampton. They both have alot of speed and could help out on ST.

Anyway, overall good job! I could live with it your way or with the changes I made too. It's all good! :yahoo:

Bubbajwp
03-12-2007, 07:07 AM
That's a pretty good mock Bubba. I don't think Johnson will fall to the 5th, but I'm not sure we need another SS anyway. The first 3 picks would be great. I would be happy with all 3. Bishop wouldn't be bad either, but I don't know if we move him or Ryans to the "Sam." You could probably pickup a WR in the 5th like McKnight or Ball instead of taking Johnson.

Robison sounds like a good pick in the 6th, but I don't know much about him. My pick here would be Sepulveda, if he's still on the board, since we need a Punter badly IMO. I know alot of people here feel we need a Kicker too, but to me Brown did pretty well last year, and I think he will be alright this season too. So, I don't think I would Medlock in the 7th. Instead, maybe I would go with a CB like Arline from Baylor or maybe Calvin Bannister from Hampton. They both have alot of speed and could help out on ST.

Anyway, overall good job! I could live with it your way or with the changes I made too. It's all good! :yahoo:

I would rather have had sepulveda also but 1rst I think he will go before the 7th round. 2nd I believe we just gave Stanley a new contract i dont know for how much or how long though.

I dont really think that Johnson will fall to the 5th round either but if he does I think he would be a steal. I dont really think that any of the WR's we could get in the 5th round will play at a level that we will be happy with.

freedoggy77
03-12-2007, 09:15 AM
nice one. Medlock is good but if Crosby is available I would rather have him.

htownfoozball
03-12-2007, 11:46 AM
No wide receiver? id love to have a linebacker in desmond bishop, but we need a wide receiver there. michael johnson probably goes in the 3rd, and he's probably going to be a free safety (hes better in coverage than in the box)