PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone catch football friday on ESPNews?

TheRealX9
03-11-2007, 12:05 AM
they were covering the texans

Texans Pride
03-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Wanna tell us about it?

Stros5Texans80
03-11-2007, 03:49 AM
Let me guess. "Texans are stupid for passing on Bush/Young. They will always suck!"

Navy_Chris
03-11-2007, 04:29 AM
Wanna tell us about it?

I watched it, as I always do every week. Chester Pitts was live via satellite talking about how the finger pointing is unnecessary, that it's the TEAM's fault, not just one guy's fault, that David gets sacked as much as he does. They also praised him for being in for 3000+ snaps consecutively before he missed one.

Before that, they listed Mario Williams as a thing that went WRONG for us last year and DeMeco as a thing that went RIGHT. Yes, they compared Mario's numbers to Reggie's and pointed out that we made a mistake by passing on Vince. They also, of course, listed the OL as a major weakness for the Texans.

Then, Todd McShay, Director of Scouting for Scouts, Inc. gave his 1st through 3rd round picks for the Texans:

Round 1 - Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
Round 2 - Eric Wright, CB, UNLV
Round 3 - Jason Hill, WR, Washington State

Also, Bob Griese was in studio and said that we need to get better offensively. He went on to say that he likes David Carr's ability...but he did say that David must have a clock in his head that goes off when he needs to get rid of the ball.

Blu
03-11-2007, 04:44 AM
please...

Navy_Chris
03-11-2007, 04:55 AM
please...

are you referring to the comment about the clock in DC's head?

Malloy
03-11-2007, 07:25 AM
are you referring to the comment about the clock in DC's head?

He's just asking politely... but I have no idea what he wants... :)

freedoggy77
03-11-2007, 09:19 AM
yeah, since ESPN knows EVERYTHING right

Bronco Texan
03-11-2007, 10:56 AM
One thing I hate about major media is that they love to create their own sides of the story. Sure Mario didn't fare well last year, but how many times have they mentioned that he played all year long with a foot injury? Sure they love to point out golden child Bush every chance they get, they even give him sole credit for the Saints making it to the NFC championship game. I wish we could find a media source that gives all sides of the story.

Wolf
03-11-2007, 11:01 AM
thanks, I was listening on xm at the time

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=36459

from what I can remember

DocBar
03-11-2007, 12:30 PM
The media's take on the Texans in general and MW in particular are typical "mob rules" journalism, based more on urban legend than actual fact. These guys don't do any research or follow teams, they just report what they hear. They also can't stand being proven wrong. Was Bush that great of a rookie? He had marginal, at best, numbers for the year. It reminds me a lot of another Bush that the media likes to skewer every chance they get. I put a lot more faith in what I see and read on this MB than anything I see theorized on ANY sports page.

Texan_Aggie222
03-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Basically they bashed the Texans for not taking Vince Young or Reggie Bush in the draft of 20 minutes. I got sick of listening to it and turned it off.

Navy_Chris
03-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Basically they bashed the Texans for not taking Vince Young or Reggie Bush in the draft of 20 minutes. I got sick of listening to it and turned it off.

Well, they also spoke some truth when they talked about David Carr. They're profiling 2 teams a week until they get to #32. It's not like they singled out the Texans on one show to pick on them.

Wharton
03-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Let me guess. "Texans are stupid for passing on Bush/Young. They will always suck!"They had that in there too.

TexansSB07
03-12-2007, 12:16 AM
yeah, since ESPN knows EVERYTHING right

are you SURE, because I would think news that ESPN knows everything would be run on the hour every hour on their TV/Radio networks just in case EVERYONE hadn't heard it :wheel:

TexansSB07
03-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Well, they also spoke some truth when they talked about David Carr. They're profiling 2 teams a week until they get to #32. It's not like they singled out the Texans on one show to pick on them.

Navy am sure you like ESPN, since you defending them...I am betting they won't be slamming Raiders draft of 2006, nor Detroits...so simply put they blathering same crap since day of draft..look ESPN regurgitates more than a lactose intolerant baby