PDA

View Full Version : How much abuse should David have to take?

OldEagle1
03-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Everyone knows the incredible physical beating he has took this last half decade. Everyone should realize most of the abuse was not his fault. David has taken it all, and remained a "model citizen" as far as I can see. Never see him on the police headlines, or throwing a teamate under the bus on TV like Dunta did...so...I ask: How much abuse should David take from the "fans"?
How much is too much?:crutch:

HoustonFrog
03-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow, another one. Look everyone.

2BCF
03-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Wow, another one. Look everyone.
I know, ...big y-a-w-n.

BeerFan
03-10-2007, 03:44 PM
i don't think any of it is fair to him. he's a hell of a guy and people lose sight of that and just rail the guy. i'd rather carr be on my team than some thug criminal just looking to get paid. david carr has given this team quite a bit and we havent given him much

Stampede
03-10-2007, 03:47 PM
If it's anything that people are passionate about here in Texas, it's their football. I just think that the fans feel a bit slighted by David...big money and very little return. He has been compensated well for the abuse he takes. It comes with the territory of being an NFL quarterback. Special treatment by the owner has just fueled the fire. I like David, but he has lost the confidence of his team mates and fans. I wish it were'nt so, but he needs to be moved to greener pastures. JMO.

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 03:52 PM
this isnt the Houston Carr's. why everyone cares so much about this pile of crap I will never know.

this is about making the Texans better, not making Carr better. Carr is not the only player on the team for crying out loud....learn2count

go away carr...your act is tired...you suck...you will never be any good anywhere..and take the Carr homers with you

go ____ yourself carr, k thanks bye

nuff said

2BCF
03-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Now playing...Carr, the victim. Seen it for five long years.

Double Barrel
03-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Everyone knows the incredible physical beating he has took this last half decade. Everyone should realize most of the abuse was not his fault. David has taken it all, and remained a "model citizen" as far as I can see. Never see him on the police headlines, or throwing a teamate under the bus on TV like Dunta did...so...I ask: How much abuse should David take from the "fans"?

I'm not sure how 'incredible' the beatings have been, but I digress.

"most of the abuse was not his fault"...hmmmm....Kubiak said that about a third of Carr's sacks in 2005 were the QBs fault. So I'd say that using the term "most" is overstating.

As far as a model citizen and being thrown under the bus....the first part is good for marketing campaigns, and the second is in the eye of the beholder. Many folks did not fault D.Rob for stating the obvious, especially since the owner and head coach had said basically the same thing a few weeks before making the statements.

It's all perspective.

i don't think any of it is fair to him. he's a hell of a guy and people lose sight of that and just rail the guy. i'd rather carr be on my team than some thug criminal just looking to get paid. david carr has given this team quite a bit and we havent given him much

We've given him tens of millions of dollars...but that might not be much to some folks.

As far as being a hell of a guy, there is little doubt. But for some reason(s), defenses still sack the guy in spite of that fact. It's like defenders just don't care about him being a model citizen. They hit him hard anyway.

If it's anything that people are passionate about here in Texas, it's their football. I just think that the fans feel a bit slighted by David...big money and very little return. He has been compensated well for the abuse he takes. It comes with the territory of being an NFL quarterback. Special treatment by the owner has just fueled the fire. I like David, but he has lost the confidence of his team mates and fans. I wish it were'nt so, but he needs to be moved to greener pastures. JMO.

yep...passion.

QFT :victory: "quoted for truth"

K.D.
03-10-2007, 03:57 PM
this isnt the Houston Carr's. why everyone cares so much about this pile of crap I will never know.

go away carr...your act is tired...you suck...you will never be any good anywhere

go ____ yourself carr

nuff said

Damn dogg, it really ain't this serious. Calm down and take a breather or drink a cold one, might make you feel better.

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 03:58 PM

stampede, you have never spoken wiser words. we dont always agree but you are a real fan of the Texans and deserve respect.

BeerFan
03-10-2007, 03:59 PM
money isn't much. even if you have all of it.

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Damn dogg, it really ain't this serious. Calm down and take a breather or drink a cold one, might make you feel better.

its been over 5 years with this worthless pile of cow manure. i apologize for the vitrole but the guy just sucks and i am 'sick and tired of being sick and tired' (to coin a lame Carr quote)

my family and I have already wasted well over 15k on these Texans on tickets and PSL's alone...maybe that makes it a little more personal to me, i dont know. I actually go to the games too and cheer the WHOLE team including Carr. But when you get 5 years of just embarassing and unprofessional football it just gets old. I just want a team we can ALL believe in and with Carr there is no hope at all of that coming to fruition.

my girlfriend does tell me I take it a bit too personal and she is probably right...im just a bit passionate about football and about winning. this mr. congeniality contest we have had here for 5 years is freaking old.

football freak
03-10-2007, 04:10 PM
money isn't much. even if you have all of it.

does that mean you don't want yours? you ante up to pay for a washed up QB then. Bet if you had to pay Carr and you didn't make any money till he won you would certainly sing a different you song.

Johnny Utah
03-10-2007, 04:13 PM

It's already been too much. That's why he has to go.

Stampede
03-10-2007, 04:13 PM
stampede, you have never spoken wiser words. we dont always agree but you are a real fan of the Texans and deserve respect.

Thanks man, now....about Quinn...:juggle:

Wharton
03-10-2007, 04:14 PM
money isn't much. even if you have all of it.I agree money isn't everything but to say it isn't much is a huge understatement. Given the money David got with his last contract, he could live off the interest alone for the rest of his life and still have a life style better than mine.

What is David 28? I'm 40 and I'll still have to go to work everyday for the next twenty years just so I can retire in moderate comfort. Hopefully, I'll live a little time after 60 so I can enjoy it.

Granted, money won't buy him love, but isn't that what a dog is for?

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks man, now....about Quinn...:juggle:

I like Quinn but only if he drops to #8. To get in a bidding war with 2-4 teams to move up two slots is just a nightmare proposal. If we want to move up it needs to be to slots 1-3 so we could get one of the true elite studs in the draft (CJ, AJ, and Thomas)

I have to admit though, I would be extremely happy if Quinn is there at #8. It would be a little karma coming back from last year's debacle with their 1st Round pick. Most of my friends disagree with me but that is because they still havent turned page from the Texans passong on VY. To not draft a QB just because we didn't draft one last year only compounds the initial error imho.

but anywho this is a Carr thread.....surprise

WaywardTexanFan
03-10-2007, 04:26 PM
This thread resembles a GEICO commercial.

http://student-iat.ubalt.edu/sde/students/allen/COSC330/GameLog/geico-cavemen.jpg

HARRYJ
03-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Why would you post a pic of yourself here?:confused:

dvs1
03-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Everyone knows the incredible physical beating he has took this last half decade.

So would you say that Carr has been hit more times than your average running back, or even Andre Johnson for that matter? I don't hear any pity for these guys.

WaywardTexanFan
03-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Why would you post a pic of yourself here?:confused:

Hmmm, I downloaded the pic from the Philly site.

football freak
03-10-2007, 04:35 PM
So would you say that Carr has been hit more times than your average running back, or even Andre Johnson for that matter? I don't hear any pity for these guys.

gotta give you props on that one..:yahoo:

HARRYJ
03-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Hmmm, I downloaded the pic from the Philly site.

They would eat you alive on the Philly site!:joker:

WaywardTexanFan
03-10-2007, 04:49 PM

I am told I go good with Spicy Mustard :dance2: Munch away...

Stampede
03-10-2007, 04:52 PM

Nice to have you back, Harry! :toast2:

WaywardTexanFan
03-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Yes Harry it is nice to see ya again. I haven't been abused in 4-5 days, since we last spoke at Texanstalk. Any idea when that site is coming back on line?

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 05:43 PM

this is about making the Texans better, not making Carr better. Carr is not the only player on the team for crying out loud....learn2count

go away carr...your act is tired...you suck...you will never be any good anywhere..and take the Carr homers with you

nuff said
Quit crying

OldEagle1
03-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Some of y'all are missing the point. I ask about how much abuse David Carr the human being should take. Not about DC the player, money, W-L record, completions, or whatever. David Carr the human being has been a stand-up guy, period. (Please spare the sarcasm about being laid out on the turf...) Hate him or not, you gotta give him credit for being a real class act. I wish most fans could be as classy.

BTW, I am a new poster here. I was compelled to do so after seeing that punk Dunta trash Carr on national TV. That was just WRONG.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-10-2007, 06:10 PM
How much abuse should fans have to take?

JAXwithanX
03-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Some of y'all are missing the point. I ask about how much abuse David Carr the human being should take. Not about DC the player, money, W-L record, completions, or whatever. David Carr the human being has been a stand-up guy, period. (Please spare the sarcasm about being laid out on the turf...) Hate him or not, you gotta give him credit for being a real class act. I wish most fans could be as classy.

BTW, I am a new poster here. I was compelled to do so after seeing that punk Dunta trash Carr on national TV. That was just WRONG.

David Carr doesn't read these MB's.............................................. .................................................. ...........................his brother does.

CarrIsFine
03-10-2007, 06:22 PM
its been over 5 years with this worthless pile of cow manure. i apologize for the vitrole but the guy just sucks and i am 'sick and tired of being sick and tired' (to coin a lame Carr quote)

my family and I have already wasted well over 15k on these Texans on tickets and PSL's alone...maybe that makes it a little more personal to me, i dont know. I actually go to the games too and cheer the WHOLE team including Carr. But when you get 5 years of just embarassing and unprofessional football it just gets old. I just want a team we can ALL believe in and with Carr there is no hope at all of that coming to fruition.

my girlfriend does tell me I take it a bit too personal and she is probably right...im just a bit passionate about football and about winning. this mr. congeniality contest we have had here for 5 years is freaking old.

You mean to tell me you are not in Jr high, wow, you had me fooled. I find the fact that you help pay Carr's salary funny:)

Aztequila
03-10-2007, 06:25 PM

nuff said

I think the reason people make a big deal is that they see potential in Carr, while others don,t. Its just a mtter of opinion.

Specnatz
03-10-2007, 06:47 PM

I agree with you Stampede. I only wish second would learn just a bit of tact when he talks about Carr, heck if it was up to him I think a public hanging would happen. second spews such hatred for david you would think he asked david out and he said no.

OldEagle1
03-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Alot of fans should take a deep breath, and try to realize there is a human being underneath that jersey. Being hateful as hell to someone who trys hard, but the results don't always come, is wrong. Disband the lynch mob, please. DC is not a criminal, child molester, or mass murderer. Get a grip, people. Houston has treated felons better than this. Have some class.

DAVID CARR: One of the league’s rising young quarterbacks…prototype quarterback with cannon arm and seasoned instincts…has displayed considerable poise, tenacity and toughness through four seasons…has thrown for 10,624 yards with 48 TDs and 53 interceptions in 60 career games, despite getting sacked 208 times…also one of the league’s top rushing QBs with 1,040 career yards and six TDs to his credit…has completed more than 60% of his passes in each of the last two seasons and has thrown more touchdown passes than interceptions in both years…set an NFL record for consecutive starts for an expansion team (23) before suffering an ankle injury in 2003…didn’t miss a snap in 2002, throwing for 2,592 yards, second-most for a rookie QB on an expansion team (Kerry Collins, Carolina, 2,717 in 1995)…one of five finalists for 2002 NFL Rookie of the Year…originally drafted by the Texans with the first-overall selection of the 2002 NFL Draft – the first draft pick in franchise history…12th quarterback selected number one overall since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger.

swtbound07
03-10-2007, 07:26 PM
your absolutely right. David shouldn't have to take another sentence of abuse. They should release him immediately before the texans fans warp his fragile little mind. David isn't getting abused. Abused is those fans that throw batteries at people. Abused is those fans that stalk you and make you fear for your safety. David Carr isn't abused. David Carr is just reminded on a daily basis how bad he sucks at the game of being a quarterback. Thats not really that harsh, especially considering the basis in fact that particular arguement has. For 8 mill, im pretty sure i could sack myself and deal with people on the internet saying i'm horrible. Its not like anybody here is calling for his death or anything...just his job. Thats plenty reasonable.

Texans Pride
03-10-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm not going to read this thread because I'm sick of all this from every angel.....But I do feel it's important to add my thoughts.

David Carr should not be a Texan anymore. . .The reasons why aren't important at this point, but the fact of the matter remains, it's time for everyone to part ways.

However, in no way, shape or form, should he have to endure the ugliness from "fans" that he has received.

WE are Texans, our flag stands for Pride, Courage, Strength, Tradition and Independence.

David, and the Texans may not have have been the right match for each other, but I certainly think he showed all of the above characteristics while representing this team.

As he leaves, let's show him the same.

:texan:

tsip
03-10-2007, 08:50 PM

...good point-every player on the offense gets hit on just about every play-Carr has a better chance to avoid getting hit than other players and has more players taking hits for him than anyone else-and, of course Carr makes the big bucks and-in his case-does not put up the big #'s.

...bottom line, Carr is playing the wrong sport--maybe powder puff?

Bull Pen 1
03-10-2007, 08:55 PM

I've given the Texans thousands of dollars for our qb to give us a winning season. Carr probally has made 40 to 50 millions dollors, he should be able to take the heat for us not have a winning season in 5 years. For the money he is being paid he is suppose to make the players around him better not the other way around.

I can't imagine if I was the boss of a major company and didn't produce a profit in 5 years that I would get a chance for another year, so Carr shouldn't either.

El Amigo Invisible
03-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I feel sorry for whoever is taking David's place.PERIOD.

Bull Pen 1
03-10-2007, 09:15 PM
I feel sorry for whoever is taking David's place.PERIOD.

I pretty sure whoever it is won't break a few of his records.

Like having the most sacks in a season.

Like winning a game with minus yards.

Like Carr's fumbling record.

Like his average yards per pass before the yards after the catch.

Like the win/LOSS record. (Our next qb would be benched in his second year)

Should I go on.

NFLforher
03-10-2007, 09:55 PM
second spews such hatred for david you would think he asked david out and he said no.

Man crush? :blowakiss:

Hervoyel
03-10-2007, 09:59 PM
How much of this kind of post should the fanbase of the Houston Texans be forced to take? These are as bad as the "Our Carr is broken" or "We need a new Carr" threads. Seriously, every time someone uses a lame "Carr=Car" reference we all lose a brain cell. Those have to stop and I'm for the Texans ridding themselves of David Carr if it accomplishes nothing more than to purge the boards of this kind of thing.

The "He's been to hell and back" posts are almost as bad. He hasn't been the brutally abused QB that you people seem to love to portray him as since 2002 and he wasn't even abused that bad then. Higher than average sacks? Yeah, he had that. Sacking himself like a bag of groceries? Yeah, he did a lot of that too. I guess every time he ran out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage that was brutal abuse right? Every time he crumpled up before anyone got there and took a sack from the first guy who's hand touched him was brutal abuse? Give me a friggin break. Last year there was a list of QB's who were sacked more than David and those QB's produced results. In 2003 it was the same story.

One fact is consistent. David doesn't produce when he's pressured and he doesn't produce when he's not pressured. That is just solid truth. If he was going to get it done the Texans wouldn't be making fools out of themselves trying to unload him one year after they passed on Vince Young. Does anyone think they want to be looking for a QB a year after not picking the local hero? Does anyone with a clue think they don't realize how stupid they look in this situation?

The PR nightmare is something they'd love to avoid. They're going to eat crow on it though because they have to. They're having trouble finding a trading partner because nobody in this business is stupid enough (and there are some profoundly stupid people in this business) to think that Kubiak and Smith are making a mistake on this. If they're trying to move him then he's truly broken or incapable of getting it done. Think about it. Matt Millen isn't even stupid enough to take a shot at David Carr and all he's got is John Kitna.

El Amigo Invisible
03-10-2007, 10:21 PM
where are all of those people who wanted to keep Carr last year?

Hervoyel
03-10-2007, 10:24 PM
I wanted to keep Carr last year. I wanted Reggie Bush and I thought that we needed to give Kubiak a shot at coaching David Carr. I was not impressed with Vince Young and believed the "conventional wisdom" that he would be a project that might never pan out.

I was wrong. I'd fix it if I could (as I'm sure the Texans probably would as well) but I can't so there it is.

El Amigo Invisible
03-10-2007, 10:27 PM
I wanted to keep Carr last year. I wanted Reggie Bush and I thought that we needed to give Kubiak a shot at coaching David Carr. I was not impressed with Vince Young and believed the "conventional wisdom" that he would be a project that might never pan out.

I was wrong. I'd fix it if I could (as I'm sure the Texans probably would as well) but I can't so there it is.

Thank You. Last year, I was getting bashed as a David Carr hater.I never hated David Carr but I wanted to draft Vince.I think we need to stick with David and make this team better from the ground up. I think we have more pressing needs IMO.

Pantherstang84
03-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Think about it. Matt Millen isn't even stupid enough to take a shot at David Carr and all he's got is John Kitna.

I wouldn't underestimate Millen's stupidity. He may be one of those ringing the Texans FO phones right now.

Here.

HoustonFrog
03-10-2007, 10:45 PM
How much of this kind of post should the fanbase of the Houston Texans be forced to take? These are as bad as the "Our Carr is broken" or "We need a new Carr" threads. Seriously, every time someone uses a lame "Carr=Car" reference we all lose a brain cell. Those have to stop and I'm for the Texans ridding themselves of David Carr if it accomplishes nothing more than to purge the boards of this kind of thing.

The "He's been to hell and back" posts are almost as bad. He hasn't been the brutally abused QB that you people seem to love to portray him as since 2002 and he wasn't even abused that bad then. Higher than average sacks? Yeah, he had that. Sacking himself like a bag of groceries? Yeah, he did a lot of that too. I guess every time he ran out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage that was brutal abuse right? Every time he crumpled up before anyone got there and took a sack from the first guy who's hand touched him was brutal abuse? Give me a friggin break. Last year there was a list of QB's who were sacked more than David and those QB's produced results. In 2003 it was the same story.
One fact is consistent. David doesn't produce when he's pressured and he doesn't produce when he's not pressured. That is just solid truth. If he was going to get it done the Texans wouldn't be making fools out of themselves trying to unload him one year after they passed on Vince Young. Does anyone think they want to be looking for a QB a year after not picking the local hero? Does anyone with a clue think they don't realize how stupid they look in this situation?

The PR nightmare is something they'd love to avoid. They're going to eat crow on it though because they have to. They're having trouble finding a trading partner because nobody in this business is stupid enough (and there are some profoundly stupid people in this business) to think that the Kubiak and Smith are making a mistake on this. If they're trying to move him then he's truly broken or incapable of getting it done. Think about it. Matt Millen isn't even stupid enough to take a shot at David Carr and all he's got is John Kitna.

That you Herv. I could not have said it better. It comes down to a team that is in disarray and part of it revolves around Carr. No matter how it started, it is time to move on. I'd give you some rep but have to spread some more around.

Jstspoiled
03-10-2007, 10:46 PM
You guys are smoething..I normally am just happy to read the post on this board and get some new info. But I must admit that the Carr post are getting very old.

If he was on a team that had a good line Denver, Indy, hell anyone and we kept him for five years and he still could not do anything, then I would say get rid of him. But I say we made a chioce we need to stick with it after next year and he is not better then start thinking about getting rid of him.

He is just a part of the of the team, everybody needs to step it up on this team it just not ONE pearson.

I must admit I wanted them to pick Young last year, but they did not. They stuck with Carr and if they don't even this year it will be a PR nightmare.

Carr has the tools he just needs help, so why don't yall find better things to post and stop throwing people, you teams players under the bus and start to support them.

texas mopar
03-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Thank You. Last year, I was getting bashed as a David Carr hater.I never hated David Carr but I wanted to draft Vince.I think we need to stick with David and make this team better from the ground up. I think we have more pressing needs IMO.

I agree the team needs so much to be worried about QB but their are people who need to vent about something and they are. I think David is ok while we build the team. I'm really embarassed by some of these post, the lack of class some show,I've been an Oiler fan back in the Luv ya Blue days and the fans had class back then. The only time I felt like these is when Moon first came here an some fans felt the need to boo and trash him for no really good reason. I think if Carr is still our QB next year some these people will freak out!! Some people need to get over the QB, and focus on the team as a whole. And no it not 90% of the fans won't him gone!!

Jstspoiled
03-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Sorry I meant Something....But I am sure yall figured it out....

Runner
03-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Sorry I meant Something....But I am sure yall figured it out....

No wonder both dictionary.com and urbandictionary.com failed me.

:)

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2007, 11:00 PM
No wonder both dictionary.com and urbandictionary.com failed me.

:)

I hate dictionary nazis. Dern, Godwin again!

Hervoyel
03-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Let me make something perfectly clear. I don't think that changing the QB is going to make that much difference next season. I don't think that QB is the biggest problem on our team. I do believe that it would make more sense to continue to build our lines and our secondary at the expense of improving QB play.

Yes I think we need another QB. No I don't care why we have arrived at that state of affairs. Having said that I'd be perfectly willing to watch David Carr try to get better next year if it meant that our offensive line would improve or our secondary could shut somebody down.

What I don't want to do is read anymore David Carr threads. I'm sick of it and it's impossible not to notice that his tenure here has reached a critical point. Once the public starts to turn on you then it's just a matter of time.

That happened to David Carr over a year ago but in the interest of not throwing away a player who might possibly be salvaged the Texans chose to try and fix what wasn't working. Fine, we did that. It's time to move on now because honestly, if people thought 2005 was pitiful and 2006 got ugly they have no idea how messed up this place is going to get once David drops a fat smelly one in 2007.

It's going to make previous years of futility pale in comparison. It's going to get rude on a whole new level. Literally if this guy sticks around for two more years and continues to play at the level he seems to have plataued at then there won't be a Texans message board anymore. They'll shut this thing down because it will be impossible to shut off the tirade coming from their fans.

Runner
03-10-2007, 11:03 PM
I hate dictionary nazis. Dern, Godwin again!

You lose, I win.

I like Goodwin's Law.

HoustonFrog
03-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Let me make something perfectly clear. I don't think that changing the QB is going to make that much difference next season. I don't think that QB is the biggest problem on our team. I do believe that it would make more sense to continue to build our lines and our secondary at the expense of improving QB play.

Yes I think we need another QB. No I don't care why we have arrived at that state of affairs. Having said that I'd be perfectly willing to watch David Carr try to get better next year if it meant that our offensive line would improve or our secondary could shut somebody down.
What I don't want to do is read anymore David Carr threads. I'm sick of it and it's impossible not to notice that his tenure here has reached a critical point. Once the public starts to turn on you then it's just a matter of time.

That happened to David Carr over a year ago but in the interest of not throwing away a player who might possibly be salvaged the Texans chose to try and fix what wasn't working. Fine, we did that. It's time to move on now because honestly, if people thought 2005 was pitiful and 2006 got ugly they have no idea how messed up this place is going to get once David drops a fat smelly one in 2007.

It's going to make previous years of futility pale in comparison. It's going to get rude on a whole new level. Literally if this guy sticks around for two more years and continues to play at the level he seems to have plataued at then there won't be a Texans message board anymore. They'll shut this thing down because it will be impossible to shut off the tirade coming from their fans.

I agree and disagree with ya now. I agree that next year may not be a playoff type year, etc but overall I'd be unhappy to watch Carr here. It isn't the man, it is the man on the team. At some point the air has to be cleared and right now it is polluted. I'd love to have a year without these posts and questions. It takes away from the TEAM. In order for that to happen the team and Carr need to part ways. It is the ONLY way. He can prove himself elsewhere and the Texans can move on. Right now you have every level of the organization answering questions and doubting the guy. Kubiak was brought here to fix him and obviously he doesn't see enough or he wouldn't be out there as trade bait. As I said earlier today, it is beyong comprehension to me why a fan base would want this guy here. No matter what side you stand on, you should want him gone.

If you are a Carr fan you should see that his teammates are turning, the fans aren't giving him props and that he would have a better chance elsewhere. I think the excuses are b.s. but I'm looking at this objectively. I'd think this crowd would want him away from this and able to show the ability you think he has elsewhere without this scrutiny.

As a person who isn't a fan, you see the the same things as above and think his play over a 5 year span hasn't lived up to hype. He fumbles balls, stares down receivers, takes unnecessary sacks and can't throw a ball away. He hasn't grown into a leader and overall has caused a cloud over the team.

Either way I don't get why it is so bad to have a winner/winner deal and move on without this type of constant drama.

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 11:14 PM

We saw last years performance at zero improvement. Realized that Carr cannot be successful in Houston and is best for both parties that we part ways.

Tired of losing and being the laughing stock of the league.

All Carr's fault? No. Carr does deserve a big ol slice of the poo pie though.

How do you turn the ball over 4 times in one half against your divisional rival who not only drafted your hometown hero, but was also the former franchise that broke thousands of peoples hearts?

steelbtexan
03-10-2007, 11:25 PM
second h I.'m with you on the 15,000 grand.
stampede I guess this makes me a passionate fan

petedy
03-10-2007, 11:27 PM

nuff said

I'm sorry could you please repeat that you had your pants over your head.

Tulip
03-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I'd like to know how many Carr apologists on this board have actually spent more than, say, $250 on the Texans in the last 5 years. Seriously.

BmtTXN
03-10-2007, 11:43 PM
I agree DC has taken his fair share of (physical) abuse behind the line he was given and I think the FO has screwed him over by not providing him a line to protect him.....however.....both the team and the player (DC) need a new place to start...And I like David....but he's not what's best for THIS team

NFLforher
03-10-2007, 11:44 PM
I'd like to know how many Carr apologists on this board have actually spent more than, say, $250 on the Texans in the last 5 years. Seriously.

Me.

OldEagle1
03-10-2007, 11:52 PM
He gets the TIMEX AWARD from me. David "took a lickin' & kept on tickin'", and was 100% class all the way through. It probably is time to go, though. David, you deserve better than what you get here. Thanks for your guts, your class, and for representing the city so well. I am sorry so few can see that. Best wishes wherever you end up.

Who knows? Maybe we will get Randy Moss, Micheal Vick (aka Ron Mexico) or Pacman Jones. They oughta fit in real good with some of the "fans" here.

petedy
03-11-2007, 12:49 AM
He gets the TIMEX AWARD from me. David "took a lickin' & kept on tickin'", and was 100% class all the way through. It probably is time to go, though. David, you deserve better than what you get here. Thanks for your guts, your class, and for representing the city so well. I am sorry so few can see that. Best wishes wherever you end up.

Who knows? Maybe we will get Randy Moss, Micheal Vick (aka Ron Mexico) or Pacman Jones. They oughta fit in real good with some of the "fans" here.

Please don't forget about Kerry Collins too. If he ever came to Houston it would be a good time to invest in beer and any other adult beverage.

Texanfan4ever
03-11-2007, 03:40 AM

Well maybe if you feel that sllighted and feel that you have wasted all of your money, you should move on. Sell your season tickets and then you won't have too deal with it. You will feel better..

Jstspoiled
03-11-2007, 04:54 AM
Quote:
If you are a Carr fan you should see that his teammates are turning

I can't believe that D-Rob even said that, or anyone else on the team. You just don't do that..It must be nice to have a job that you can call out fellow workers. At my job I don't like alot of people but I depend on them and they depend on me. You just learn to bite your lip...Nothing happens in 24 hrs at work that I can't forget the next day... and this is just a game we watch..enjoy.... Not to get OCD over it, not to be a coach, That's just wrong...

Why don't yall talk a bunch of smack for DB's D-Rob lets people catch the ball over him. We could start the DROB haters club. With the way people think....Well we lost it's because the DB's let the other team score on them...

Quote:

Who cares, last time I looked on my tickets it did not say that I am a stock holder...Seriously. A bunch of yall pull out the quotes from the chronical, ESPN, etc and say he is getting traded and you can't wait to post it, but when it's a player you want, or that is comming to visit and it's not about Carr the papers, or ESPN is not a good source anymore.....

OK folks there is no one out there QB that's going to come in and be better then what we have. You want to get pissed of at money issues get pissed that we cut players and still pay for them. All the player that we cut were good enough to be back ups. We paid for them we should of kept them. Not all because next year we will be better money wise.

I would still like to see Carr one more year, just to see if he picked up stuff under the new staff.

We already screwed up from last year not picking a QB, lets make sure he does not have anything....

Navy_Chris
03-11-2007, 05:00 AM
Quote:
If you are a Carr fan you should see that his teammates are turning

I can't believe that D-Rob even said that, or anyone else on the team. You just don't do that..It must be nice to have a job that you can call out fellow workers. At my job I don't like alot of people but I depend on them and they depend on me. You just learn to bite your lip...Nothing happens in 24 hrs at work that I can't forget the next day... and this is just a game we watch..enjoy.... Not to get OCD over it, not to be a coach, That's just wrong...

Why don't yall talk a bunch of smack for DB's D-Rob lets people catch the ball over him. We could start the DROB haters club. With the way people think....Well we lost it's because the DB's let the other team score on them...

Quote:

Who cares, last time I looked on my tickets it did not say that I am a stock holder...Seriously. A bunch of yall pull out the quotes from the chronical, ESPN, etc and say he is getting traded and you can't wait to post it, but when it's a player you want, or that is comming to visit and it's not about Carr the papers, or ESPN is not a good source anymore.....

OK folks there is no one out there QB that's going to come in and be better then what we have. You want to get pissed of at money issues get pissed that we cut players and still pay for them. All the player that we cut were good enough to be back ups. We paid for them we should of kept them. Not all because next year we will be better money wise.

I would still like to see Carr one more year, just to see if he picked up stuff under the new staff.

We already screwed up from last year not picking a QB, lets make sure he does not have anything....

I agree with you in that Dunta isn't the best cover corner out there, but he would be a lot better off if he wasn't ON THE FIELD 3/4 of the game. David has failed to move the offense, failed to get rid of balls when he needs..failed to this...failed to that....failed to do everything expected of a franchise QB.

whiskeyrbl
03-11-2007, 06:35 AM
If and when Carr is gone, and if the Texans don't improve.... Which player is the next INDIVIDUAL to take the blame? And to let ya'll know I too am a season ticket holder( can't afford the PSL's), however I have spent my fair share of money on the Texans on parking, concessions, jerseys, hats, and other various types of merchandise. When I go to the games I DVR them so I can watch them when I get home. All in all i would have to say that Carr is not the sole reason for this teams demise. I have seen games where Carr has done an excellent job just to have a fullback fumble away the ball. And then our MIGHTY DEFENSE trot on the field and go comatose and let the other team march down and score the winning TD. Then I have seen games that Carr has been worse than sucking and cost us the games. My point is this is a team sport, 22 people playing as a well oiled ENGINE. However we have had a few fouled spark plugs inserted by CC and company. I agree Carr is not the best QB in football but I would also say he is not the worst. Maybe we need a new QB, I don't know and anyway I don't make that decision. But what I do know is we need to upgrade quite a few positions on this team to be competitive. The new FO seems to be doing this and unfortunately it takes time.

Kaiser Toro
03-11-2007, 08:22 AM

I think I can can speak for most fans on this one. I will agree with the first paragraph if the result is he is out of here. No friggin way on paragraph two.

Never under estimate the imagination of a Carr lover.

axman40
03-11-2007, 09:23 AM
IMO DC has the physical tools but not the correct mindset to be successful in the NFL.
My solution call in Caesar Milan , the QB Whisper!

Wolf
03-11-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm not going to read this thread because I'm sick of all this from every angel.....But I do feel it's important to add my thoughts.

David Carr should not be a Texan anymore. . .The reasons why aren't important at this point, but the fact of the matter remains, it's time for everyone to part ways.

However, in no way, shape or form, should he have to endure the ugliness from "fans" that he has received.

WE are Texans, our flag stands for Pride, Courage, Strength, Tradition and Independence.

David, and the Texans may not have have been the right match for each other, but I certainly think he showed all of the above characteristics while representing this team.

As he leaves, let's show him the same.

:texan:

excellent post.

Wolf
03-11-2007, 09:30 AM
If and when Carr is gone, and if the Texans don't improve.... Which player is the next INDIVIDUAL to take the blame?

Mario Williams and the reason is obvious (just turn on ESPiN radio/TV whatever and what they say when we drafted him

Kaiser Toro
03-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Mario Williams and the reason is obvious (just turn on ESPiN radio/TV whatever and what they say when we drafted him

I could see that happening with the fickle set driven by the media.

Wolf
03-11-2007, 09:38 AM

I probably have ...not in tickets because I don't have the luxury of being in houston, but in other things(shirts/mugs,etc)

I don't blame David for the whole mess I blame the previous GM...we took major steps back when we should have held on in 2005 ...P-buc for Glenn and releasing Sharper..defense went really soft (too bad the players wouldn't restructure) and drafting TJ who I am still waiting to be a Tommy Harris type player

My equivellent (mispelled but don't care to look it up this morning) of ticket sales is beer to get over the fiasco that happens at times in a game :joker:

gtexan02
03-11-2007, 09:39 AM
What exactly do people want from us regarding Carr? He's a FOOTBALL player, not a little old grandma. We pay him to do a job. He doesn't do that job. He gets fired. End of story.

People expect some sort of sob story sympathies where every fan shows up holding hands outside his house singing our apologies.

The fact is that while he may go out there every play and may get up after every sack, its clear when watching his game film that losing no longer upsets him. He has lost so much in his professional career, that he EXPECTS to lose. Sure he's happy when we win, but thats even worse.

I want a QB that EXPECTS to win. One that is UPSET and ANGRY when he loses.

Remember when we won the first big game against Miami? Carr was on some ESPN Show and he actually said the phrase,
"It was weird waking up in the morning. For the first time in a while, I was like, 'hey, I dn't have to pretend to be sad today.'"

What the hell???

Is Carr a nice man? Sure. Is he a model citizen? Absolutely. Is he a great quarterback? NO!

I personally don't want to see McNair (and by McNair I mean the fans paying the ticket prices that put money into his pocket in the first place) pay a nice, model citizen 8 million bucks to watch him trip over his own feet, crawl into the fetal position before the offensive line has even come out of their stances!

Honoring Earl 34
03-11-2007, 09:40 AM
I could see that happening with the fickle set driven by the media.

I think Mario will be a top 5 DE .

It will be hard to jump on a guy who can play .

Wolf
03-11-2007, 09:41 AM
I remember when Carr got mad.. this board lit up that Carr was a crybaby and troublemaker (to that extent)

then some fans found fault in his long hair.. :confused:

Kaiser Toro
03-11-2007, 09:42 AM

I agree with that assessment. It will be an interesting place once the Carr fans leave.

Wolf
03-11-2007, 09:43 AM

I agree but to some of the uninformed around the country and even in Texas.. ESPiN has a spell on them and on certain journalists (not to be named on here) they find a way to not see that

Stampede
03-11-2007, 09:44 AM
I probably have ...not in tickets because I don't have the luxury of being in houston, but in other things(shirts/mugs,etc)

I don't blame David for the whole mess I blame the previous GM...we took major steps back when we should have held on in 2005 ...P-buc for Glenn and releasing Sharper..defense went really soft (too bad the players wouldn't restructure) and drafting TJ who I am still waiting to be a Tommy Harris type player

My equivellent (mispelled but don't care to look it up this morning) of ticket sales is beer to get over the fiasco that happens at times in a game :joker:

Wow, if this is truely the case you must be a full blown alcoholic by now. :) :jk:

Honoring Earl 34
03-11-2007, 09:50 AM
I thought Mario was about to hit beast status against the Giants . Then his foot went south .
I would like them to get Landry to put a hit from the FS . I want to scare folks ... I want WR to have TRex arms .

gtexan02
03-11-2007, 09:52 AM
I thought Mario was about to hit beast status against the Giants . Then his foot went south .
I would like them to get Landry to put a hit from the FS . I want to scare folks ... I want WR to have TRex arms .

this board is crazy for its tangents. You've moved into the draft forum with this post

Honoring Earl 34
03-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Nope .... I was thinking that if Carr goes we can go from sweet to intimidating .

Koolaid Time
03-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Once Carr is traded, who is the next "victim" of our opinionated fans?

petedy
03-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I think I can can speak for most fans on this one. I will agree with the first paragraph if the result is he is out of here. No friggin way on paragraph two.

Never under estimate the imagination of a Carr lover.

That is because the force is with us my hater friend.Cann't you just feel the love.

Honoring Earl 34
03-11-2007, 10:10 AM
That is because the force is with us my hater friend.Cann't you just feel the love.

When Carr leaves ... can I buy your Texans shirt ?

Kaiser Toro
03-11-2007, 10:10 AM

He does not want to renegotiate. He wants to be here as much as most of the fans want him to be here. He does not have value in today's NFL market for a trade. He will be released.

Rather than us speaking to how Carr will perform next year in a Texan's jersey, it may be best to save the "potential" arguement because most likely he will be sitting on someone's bench next year. Soft players, only get softer when adversity knocks on their door.

Wolf
03-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Wow, if this is truely the case you must be a full blown alcoholic by now. :) :jk:

close..it is good the reg season is 16 games and not like baseball/basketball/hockey LOL

TEXANRED
03-11-2007, 10:19 AM

I go to at least four games a year, tailgate, have three jersey's, numerous shirts, sweet pants, and hats.

I say that I have spent in the thousands over the last five years.

I still don't think he is a pile of crap and will do well somewhere else but I do feel its time to go.

Stampede
03-11-2007, 10:39 AM
second h I.'m with you on the 15,000 grand.
stampede I guess this makes me a passionate fan

My oppinion doesnt make me any more of a fan than anyone else on this mb. It is what it is. What a boring world it would be if everyone had the same view. I respect and look forward to different points of view when I come here. It expands the mind to new possibilities. No matter what your view is, I think the majority of fans on this mb just want to see this team improve. :)

A Texan
03-11-2007, 10:42 AM

How is it that you don't want anybody bashing Carr yet you're willing to bash Dunta and everone else who doesn't see it your way? Fans who don't want to see Carr quarterbacking the team just want the best for the Texans and are tired of the losing. I've seen the Carr worshippers bash everbody on the team as well as everbody who could possibly become a replacement for DC. They have even belittled all-pros like Flanagan, Plummer, and Young. "All he needs is just a new coaching staff" they said. That one has already been proven wrong. And no offensive line will ever be able to protect DC because he doesn't do the things necessary to avoid sacks. When Sage came in that first Titan game there were no more sacks and he almost won for us with the same OL Carr was getting sacked behind against the same defensive players. So stop with all the whining about how Carr is getting mistreated.

HoustonFrog
03-11-2007, 10:56 AM
How is it that you don't want anybody bashing Carr yet you're willing to bash Dunta and everone else who doesn't see it your way? Fans who don't want to see Carr quarterbacking the team just want the best for the Texans and are tired of the losing. I've seen the Carr worshippers bash everbody on the team as well as everbody who could possibly become a replacement for DC. They have even belittled all-pros like Flanagan, Plummer, and Young. "All he needs is just a new coaching staff" they said. That one has already been proven wrong. And no offensive line will ever be able to protect DC because he doesn't do the things necessary to avoid sacks. When Sage came in that first Titan game there were no more sacks and he almost won for us with the same OL Carr was getting sacked behind against the same defensive players. So stop with all the whining about how Carr is getting mistreated.

Good post. I've wondered alot of the same things. When it was rumored that members from the O-line were questioning if he was a leader 2 years ago, people balked. When Sharper said it, he was bitter and at the end of his career. When Walker said it, it was heat of the moment and then later from a guy who got let go. When Dunta says it, he isn't that good and gets burned. When Moulds says it, he is a disgruntled employee, just let go...even though he opted out and would have no reason to do it. Yet ALL of them said basically the EXACT same thing and people ignore it. People want to close a blind eye and think it is just a few random guys who say these things. They think after 5 years that you can just invest a ton of money in building a moat when you have already overspent on the castle which does nothing for you. I will never get why it is ok to put one person ahead of the team while other players are trying to give the public and management a message.

HoustonFrog
03-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Who knows. But there will be someone who gets this Carr Wrath. Bank on it.

Kind of like there will be someone who can do no wrong despite their play and teammates say.:)

Jwwillis
03-11-2007, 11:27 AM

nuff said

"this is about making the Texans better..."

ARE YOU SURE?

Saying Sage and Quinn are better than Carr is risky. I'm for improvment too. Not just change for change because poor Texans fans are mad at Carr. Your angry post exposes your blind rage and it has unbalanced you.

Vinny
03-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Who knows. But there will be someone who gets this Carr Wrath. Bank on it.
If in half a decade Mario Williams is no closer to the Pro Bowl than Carr is....yeah, he will hear it too. It isn't "Carr wrath", superficiality with no substance doesn't play well here. When you give a guy 60 million dollars to lead a team and he is one of your problems...yeah, he will hear it.

Vinny
03-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I know Vinny. I cleaned up plenty of Brooks and Williams threads so I hear you. And pointing out legit problems on the field and in the game is fair enough, especially with huge bucks being in the mix. But, it would be nice if the venom could be spread out a little. Or, better yet, taking a positive tone to posting. There IS a draft coming up, so some threads on which new kid would really compliment _____________ would be nice.

I guess I'm trying to find some relief from some real life pressure right now. I only came into the Bull Pen today because another member mentioned it last night and so I had a look.He barely threw more TD passes than you did in the last ten games of the year. Its hard to be patient when your QB throws for ONE more TD pass (that mattered - he also had one in garbage time vs the Jets) than Elle did in the last ten games of the season last year...in career starts 65 to 75, so he is not spring chicken anymore. Our draft forum is full of speculation, so you can find a ton of threads on incoming kids. This is the forum to talk about the players on the current team.

Jwwillis
03-11-2007, 12:02 PM
He does not want to renegotiate. He wants to be here as much as most of the fans want him to be here. He does not have value in today's NFL market for a trade. He will be released.

Rather than us speaking to how Carr will perform next year in a Texan's jersey, it may be best to save the "potential" arguement because most likely he will be sitting on someone's bench next year. Soft players, only get softer when adversity knocks on their door.

Carr has been accused of many things but being "SOFT" is not one of them.

Vinny
03-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Carr has been accused of many things but being "SOFT" is not one of them.grinning and giggling after losses is soft to me...not to be confused with durable.

HoustonFrog
03-11-2007, 12:16 PM
grinning and giggling after losses is soft to me...not to be confused with durable.

You forgot placing hair around ear. Sorry, had to say it.

2BCF
03-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Let's just hope our next QB has more TDs per season than INTs. I'd consider that a step up.

StarStruck
03-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I go to at least four games a year, tailgate, have three jersey's, numerous shirts, sweet pants, and hats.

I say that I have spent in the thousands over the last five years.

I still don't think he is a pile of crap and will do well somewhere else but I do feel its time to go.

What are sweet pants? I've purchased a lot of gameday stuff, but haven't seen those.

I don't disagree that David is probably a nice guy, and is a model citizen, but that isn't what he is getting paid for. I thought Bledsoe was a nice guy, but I didn't need to pull out the handkerchief when he was relieved of his duties. Nice is good, but this is a business.

Jwwillis
03-11-2007, 12:28 PM
You forgot placing hair around ear. Sorry, had to say it.

Man you would have hated Joe Namath.

HoustonFrog
03-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Man you would have hated Joe Namath.

"Arrghhhhh, I want to kiss you.":)

I don't hate any of them. Just having some fun.

Wolf
03-11-2007, 12:33 PM
as a person...none
as a football player. for what he is getting paid. He deserves criticism (some of it is unjust) esp in the last half of this season and the last half of the season before

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2007, 04:48 PM

I was one of the people that thought that Carr would be able to perform last year. I thought he would perform at least at an average to slightly above average level.

I was wrong and I can admit that.

Jwwillis
03-11-2007, 05:19 PM
I was one of the people that thought that Carr would be able to perform last year. I thought he would perform at least at an average to slightly above average level.

I was wrong and I can admit that.

Just goes to show the versatility of this forum. We can act as each others own little support group.

I was wrong too Pencil Neck but i cant let go....1 more year damit!! HELP!!

Bull Pen 1
03-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Maybe Kubiack doesn't have everyone in place that he wanted/needed to make Carr more productive in 2006? What if he knows what he's doing and proves the civilians wrong this year?

I think he knows more than most and we'll see a change. If not then he'll find a way to trade this thing out.

How many one more years do we need for Carr? I thought it was one more year last year and the year before.:elmo:

brickmantexanfan
03-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Just goes to show the versatility of this forum. We can act as each others own little support group.

I was wrong too Pencil Neck but i cant let go....1 more year damit!! HELP!!

I think one more is in order also.I do Remember Kubiak saying that he made a Qb out of Plummer,and he will do the same with Carr.Not sure at this point if he has given up or not,so i think i will wait till he gives up on Carr before i Throw him under the bus.

Something about the Capers Era just Tells me there wasn't alot of Great Coaching going on and maybe QB coaching was a bit overlooked because of that offensive line,and well, a Qb getting a great coach for just one season doesn't mean he will be great at first.You guys all know that a pot of Chili or a pot of beans is Better after being in the fridge overnight.ok that is my one post for this year,see you all next off season.:includeme:

axman40
03-11-2007, 06:03 PM
What are sweet pants?

I think sweet pants are the shorts the cheeleaders wear because when I see the cheerleaders in those , I say SWEET!
:joker:

Hervoyel
03-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Well, I have a hard time seeing over the OLine so I can't throw too many passes.

And I do know where the draft forum is.

Looking for levity, Vinny.

One thing I couldn't help but notice over the last two and a half years is that a David Carr thread is not the best place to find some levity. The "fun" went out of anything to do with that subject halfway through 2004. Since then it's been plain ugly.

OldEagle1
03-11-2007, 09:33 PM
How is it that you don't want anybody bashing Carr yet you're willing to bash Dunta and everone else who doesn't see it your way?...

Glad you asked. Thats easy to answer. I have NO PROBLEM criticising someone who betrays a teammate on national TV. He asked for it. (Conversely, David never has) If you (or anyone else) thinks driving a knife into a teammates back on ESPN is OK, well, I just feel sorry for you. And "everyone else"??? Well, I just hate to see a human being take a public beating far worse than any he took on the field. Have a great day.

Arky
03-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Its hard to be patient when your QB throws for ONE more TD pass (that mattered - he also had one in garbage time vs the Jets) than Elle did in the last ten games of the season last year...in career starts 65 to 75, so he is not spring chicken anymore.

I keep seeing this 2 passing TD's for 10 games argument used as a crime against humanity... Let's review:

The Texans went 4-6 in their last 10 games (4-4 if you count the last eight, which is, IMO, respectable)

The Texan TD's in their last 10 games (FG's left out):

Ten - 3 pass TD's (1, 2 & 10 yds) by Sage in mop up. (loss)

NYG - D. Carr 2 yd run (only TD in game) (loss)

Jax - Lundy 1 yd run (only TD in game) (win)

Buf - Lundy 17 yd run, Gado 1 yd run, D Robinson 9 yd INT return (loss)

NYJ - A Johnson 3 yd TD pass f/Carr (only TD in game) (loss)

Oak - Lundy 3 yd run, Faggins 58 yd fumble recovery (win)

Ten - Dayne 2 run TD's of 1 and 2 yds (OT loss)

NE - Dayne 1 yd run (only TD in game) (loss)

Indy - Dayne 2 run TD's of 3 yds and 6 yds, Leach 4 yd pass f/Carr (win)

Cle - C Taylor 5 yd run, Maddox 50 yd fumble recovery (win)

-----------

I could care less about the QB passing TD stats as long as they win. I'll take 4 rushing TD's or whatever (defense TD, returns, etc). I'm hearing Herm Edwards ("Hello? You play to win the game") right now....

Hervoyel
03-11-2007, 10:31 PM
That's absolutely right Arky. I don't care if the QB doesn't throw a TD pass all year long if the team goes 12-4 and is on it's way to the playoffs.

If course I expect to pay that QB who throws no touchdowns a lot less than I would one who averaged a couple of TD's a game. I'd expect to pay the "game manager" (not that there's anything wrong with that) a lot less than the Texans pay David Carr.

Jwwillis
03-11-2007, 10:39 PM
David Carr definately plays below his pay grade, unfortunately releasing him does not solve that problem.

DarkNinja
03-11-2007, 10:57 PM

nuff said

Hey, I agree with you to the fullest 110% of it. Don't bite your tongue. Say what needs to be said. Carr sucks...that is the end of it. I'm tired myself everyone defending Carr like he is the team's saviour from day one of the franchise. I did not see improvement or potential and we won't see it. He has been in this business too long. He needs to take the wasted invested money and go coach a little league team.:wheel:

Arky
03-11-2007, 11:14 PM
That's absolutely right Arky. I don't care if the QB doesn't throw a TD pass all year long if the team goes 12-4 and is on it's way to the playoffs.

If course I expect to pay that QB who throws no touchdowns a lot less than I would one who averaged a couple of TD's a game. I'd expect to pay the "game manager" (not that there's anything wrong with that) a lot less than the Texans pay David Carr.

Yeah, I hear ya. Don't get me wrong - 2 TD passes in 10 games is not what you're looking for.... But nobody wants to talk about 9 TD passes in (the first) 6 games.... Why is that? More "fun" to bash? "Our" QB was inconsistent. (color me Capt. Obvious)

Some people focus on the negative - i.e 2 TD passes in 10 games. Then again, some of us look at 2 TD passes in 10 games and 9 TD passes in 6 games.

Re: the QB's salary, ya, that's a lot of money. It is All-pro money but I don't begrudge a player for getting all they can. I think it would have made more sense for the QB to prove himself an all-pro and then give him the big payday rather than the other way around. I see the current situation as a management error. They could have probably signed him for cheaper....

tsip
03-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Glad you asked. Thats easy to answer. I have NO PROBLEM criticising someone who betrays a teammate on national TV. He asked for it. (Conversely, David never has) If you (or anyone else) thinks driving a knife into a teammates back on ESPN is OK, well, I just feel sorry for you. And "everyone else"??? Well, I just hate to see a human being take a public beating far worse than any he took on the field. Have a great day.

I can see the public part of your post, and didn't even like it last season when Kubiak was trying to use it as a motivational tool but-what I'm sick and tired of is a grown man who can not get results at his job and has a fan base that makes excuses for that failure.

You people can accept Carr getting 'special' treatment for his failure that does not exist in the real world, but absolutely can not accept the criticism that goes with it...or at least it does to every other human being that tries to make an honest living...

Criticizing a person for for not being able to do 'parts' of their job (and praising them when they do) is normal...especially after 5 yrs. But, the 'walk on water' treatment that Carr gets, is insane and probably contributes to his less than stellar 'play' on the field...and that's putting it nicely.:yahoo:

texas mopar
03-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Hey, I agree with you to the fullest 110% of it. Don't bite your tongue. Say what needs to be said. Carr sucks...that is the end of it. I'm tired myself everyone defending Carr like he is the team's saviour from day one of the franchise. I did not see improvement or potential and we won't see it. He has been in this business too long. He needs to take the wasted invested money and go coach a little league team.:wheel:

IMO our team has far greater needs than a QB. But for some reason thats all ya'll talk about (really gets old) The game of football hasn't changed, you win the battle at the line you win the game. When you can run at will on a team then your able to throw on them not the other way around. When you concently stop the run and put alot of pressure on the QB then you win games. When your front 7 on defense dominates then your DB's look like all-pros not the other way around. Bottom line this team had a really good draft last year and praying for another this year. And ya'll can call me Carr homer or whatever but I am a Texans fan and I want whats best for the team not a scape-goat to put down. I want a solid built team when we have that we will move to the next level.

TexansSB07
03-11-2007, 11:56 PM

I disagree wholeheartedly with your assessment the abuse is NOT HIS FAULT, he is QB he has ball in his hands, throw it away..if chased and know you can make nothing happen roll out of box and throw it away..no sack no hit NO ABUSE

tsip
03-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I hear ya. Don't get me wrong - 2 TD passes in 10 games is not what you're looking for.... But nobody wants to talk about 9 TD passes in (the first) 6 games.... Why is that? More "fun" to bash? "Our" QB was inconsistent. (color me Capt. Obvious)

Some people focus on the negative - i.e 2 TD passes in 10 games. Then again, some of us look at 2 TD passes in 10 games and 9 TD passes in 6 games.

Re: the QB's salary, ya, that's a lot of money. It is All-pro money but I don't begrudge a player for getting all they can. I think it would have made more sense for the QB to prove himself an all-pro and then give him the big payday rather than the other way around. I see the current situation as a management error. They could have probably signed him for cheaper....

In the real world, how long would you be able to keep your job if you only worked 6 months out of 12? I'm saying worked 'record' settingly hard those first 6 months...

Posts like this absolutely amaze me! We can only hope that one day-please, sooner than later-a large portion of our fan base doesn't have to make excuses for our qb's play on the field...but trying to justify 6 games out of 16--now, JMO, but that's a new low. That's gotta be real impressive to all the GM's out there, right? ...notttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hervoyel
03-12-2007, 12:12 AM
But nobody wants to talk about 9 TD passes in (the first) 6 games.... Why is that? More "fun" to bash? "Our" QB was inconsistent. (color me Capt. Obvious)

Actually I think the reason nobody focuses on the 9 TD passes in 6 games is that the lions share of those came in what could only characterized as garbage time. Take away the TD's he threw in games that were long since decided and he his numbers don't look all that much better than what he posted later in the season over those last 10 games. Yes they look better. No they don't come close to getting it done.

DocBar
03-12-2007, 12:24 AM
I disagree wholeheartedly with your assessment the abuse is NOT HIS FAULT, he is QB he has ball in his hands, throw it away..if chased and know you can make nothing happen roll out of box and throw it away..no sack no hit NO ABUSE I can think of a lot more times DC had NO time to throw the ball away more than the opposite. D's have been getting consistent pressure with a 4 man rush and dropping 6 or 7 in coverage. Our receivers(YES, even the almighty AJ) do a poor job of getting seperation, coming back to the ball or making the hot read. Please don't forget 4 or 5 different OC's in 5 yrs. I DO wonder of the playbooks are overly simplified because of DC or the overall poor performance of the O. Would you rather see DC take a sack or make a questionable throw? Pretty poor set of choices. Now imagine your DC and have a 1/2 second to make that decision.

Arky
03-12-2007, 12:46 AM
In the real world, how long would you be able to keep your job if you only worked 6 months out of 12? I'm saying worked 'record' settingly hard those first 6 months...

Posts like this absolutely amaze me! We can only hope that one day-please, sooner than later-a large portion of our fan base doesn't have to make excuses for our qb's play on the field...but trying to justify 6 games out of 16--now, JMO, but that's a new low. That's gotta be real impressive to all the GM's out there, right? ...notttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool! I'm counting 4 sweeping generalizations, 3 categorizations and 2 implications in two paragraphs! :thumbup

Arky
03-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Actually I think the reason nobody focuses on the 9 TD passes in 6 games is that the lions share of those came in what could only characterized as garbage time. Take away the TD's he threw in games that were long since decided and he his numbers don't look all that much better than what he posted later in the season over those last 10 games. Yes they look better. No they don't come close to getting it done.

OK, I'm fine with that. But then many need to update their perception that Sage's 3 TD performance was the same thing....

petedy
03-12-2007, 01:34 AM

That's it young Darth Vader give in to the hate and enter the dark side and feel the power.

tsip
03-12-2007, 06:35 AM
OK, I'm fine with that. But then many need to update their perception that Sage's 3 TD performance was the same thing....

...you want perception? Carr got his 9tds in 24 qtrs of play-Sage got his 3 tds (1/3 Carr's total) in 2 qtrs...not the same thing, especially considering Sage was not sacked

Arky
03-12-2007, 11:37 AM
...you want perception? Carr got his 9tds in 24 qtrs of play-Sage got his 3 tds (1/3 Carr's total) in 2 qtrs...not the same thing, especially considering Sage was not sacked

Oh yeah? Well, Carr got 3 passing TD's in 1 quarter (Indy #1 game).

If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times on Texan MB's this year: "Sage threw 3 TD's behind the very same line". Nobody recognizes DC's Indy #1 game.... This argument really needs to be put to rest as neither one of these guys is going to do this every game...

aj.
03-12-2007, 12:14 PM

I'll never forget that game. David gallantly brought us back to a 19 point defeat after being down 30-3. Being able to pull that off in enemy territory - especially after losing two fumbles and getting sacked twice in the first four times he touched the ball - is a testament to his great leadership ability. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

tsip
03-12-2007, 12:37 PM

If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times on Texan MB's this year: "Sage threw 3 TD's behind the very same line". Nobody recognizes DC's Indy #1 game.... This argument really needs to be put to rest as neither one of these guys is going to do this every game...

...meaning that Carr threw 5 tds in the last 13 games of the season...pretty 'anemic' huh

Texan_Bill
03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
I'll never forget that game. David gallantly brought us back to lose only by 19 after being down 30-3. Being able to pull that off in hostile territory is a testament to his great leadership ability - especially after losing two fumbles and getting sacked twice in the first four times he touched the ball thus spotting the Colts a 14-0 lead at the 8 minute mark of the 1st quarter. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

LOL.... AJ, you are killing me.

Arky
03-12-2007, 12:54 PM
...meaning that Carr threw 5 tds in the last 13 games of the season...pretty 'anemic' huh

Actually, that's better than 2 TD's in the last 10 games which is what began this little side discussion - see post #115. Winning vs. anemic passing TD stats was discussed shortly thereafter...

Mr teX
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM

dantem
03-12-2007, 02:05 PM

nuff said

Most of the posters on this board that dislike David Carr have legitimate performance gripes or at least solid football based concerns. But you seem to have an unhealthy hatred for a person you have probably never met and frankly from reading your posts, some one who is in a class far above your own. If your going to tear down a player, try to say something football related. This isn't your personal hatred theropy center.

I hope you get over your issues soon there really anoying to others on the message board.

Bull Pen 1
03-12-2007, 09:21 PM
As much as he keeps playing the way he is the abuse should keep up.:wheel: When he starts playing the way he gets paid to play it should then stop.

tsip
03-12-2007, 10:24 PM
As much as he keeps playing the way he is the abuse should keep up.:wheel: When he starts playing the way he gets paid to play it should then stop.

Carr has zero motive to play better-just keep giving him the money and make his excuses for him, as he laughs all the way to the bank!! By the time Carr's supporters realize they were had, Carr will own 'Comedy Central.' And, he'll make the show a huge hit by 'flashing' his anemic play on the screen, while his adoring fans defend his ineptitude as an NFL qb. Carr's sign off will be, "and they paid me over $60 million for over 5 yrs of that...."

My Hero
03-13-2007, 12:14 PM
He should be forced to read posts on this board. That should constitute enough abuse for any individual.

NFLforher
03-13-2007, 07:48 PM
He should be forced to read posts on this board. That should constitute enough abuse for any individual.

I know his brother reads here but I hope David doesn't. Some folks here are so high on dissing not only his QB play, but his character, his work ethic, his dad and other family members. Makes you wonder if they were abused as children.