PDA

View Full Version : Battle Red Day

A-B
03-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Just for fun to kind of break the monotony of free agency the draft D.C and so on. The home games are:

Denver
Jacksonville
K.C.
Indy
Miami
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Tenn.

Which one do yall think will be Battle Red Day? I would like to see it be against Kubiak's old team or if our 1st game against Indy is here, I would really like to see it be that one.

stingray
03-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Tennesee.

Ole Miss Texan
03-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Just for fun to kind of break the monotony of free agency the draft D.C and so on. The home games are:

Denver
Jacksonville
K.C.
Indy
Miami
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Tenn.

Which one do yall think will be Battle Red Day? I would like to see it be against Kubiak's old team or if our 1st game against Indy is here, I would really like to see it be that one.

I will rule out Jacksonville because thats an easy win. lol.
No to Tampa (hopefully a win)
no to K.C. (their colors are red...)
miami- mehhh, we just beat them
Indy-no..we just beat them too.

Tennesse..even bigger rivalry now.
new orleans...our red...and their gold...could be like the old school rockets red/yellow.
Denver- mentor vs. the student.

I vote Denver or Tennessee. (Den could be cool cuz we may not play them very much, Tenn could be good because their our division rival..one of them)

My vote goes to Tennessee because we need our fans to be in it...last year was embarrassing. Sorry to think this whole thing out loud..lol

Cruuuuuuuz
03-09-2007, 11:25 PM
we should change the jerseys...where all home games are BATTLE RED!

03-09-2007, 11:26 PM

no! i think i'm the only person who loves the steel blue jerseys, we don't wear em enough. i do like seeing the red twice a season, though. i'd like to see it worn against the jags and titans.

Cruuuuuuuz
03-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Fair enuff...just sayin' we got a pretty damn good record in red...thas all

Trap_Star
03-09-2007, 11:28 PM
New Orleans....We need to neutralize all the Bush jerseys IMO...

Cruuuuuuuz
03-09-2007, 11:29 PM
I know I love that jersey. That is my A.J. jersey. When I play Madden every home gm. Is Battle Red Day. Something else that would be cool, since we are too young of a franchise for throwbacks, I would like to see us wear the innaugural white helmets with the white jersey sometime.

HAHAHA! Man thas right! Wish i atleast had some Bobbleheads of that!

Trap_Star
03-09-2007, 11:33 PM
I dig the all steel-blue look...

Cruuuuuuuz
03-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Sounds pretty up in the air. I would like to see 4-4 then, 4 blue and 4 red.

Sounds good to me! That calculates to more WINS as far as Im concerned.

MeLoveTexans
03-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Yeah,which game was the Steel Blue Day?

The "Christmas Miracle" game (the victory over indy):fans:

texanfan2100
03-10-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm all for keeping it the way it was last year. Wear battle red against Jacksonville, and all blue against Indy. Why mess with success?

Also, I know that all white didn't work out too well last year, but I'd be willing to try it again this year. It would have to be early in the season, though.

I don't think it would matter if we changed the uniforms for the Tennessee game. You're going to have the VY groupies out there reagardless of what uniforms you wear.

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Good point. That game does bring out some of the wishy washy fans. Like my cousin bless his heart, He came over the other day with a V.Y. jersey and a Texans hat on. We had to have a little talk.

I have boo'd complete strangers wearing the VY jersey.

My vote for battle red is Jacksonville and Tenn.

From what I understand we get two alt jersey games a year.

GuerillaBlack
03-10-2007, 10:42 AM
How about N.O. There are many people from N.O. still in Houston. If not that, then Tennessee.

sakebomb
03-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Anyone think the Saints game will be a Sunday night game for us? I do. Bush vs the team that passed on him. I think the national coverage would get behind it.

Clash_Fan3605
03-10-2007, 11:36 AM
From what I understand we get two alt jersey games a year.

Right. Only once though have they actually wore them twice ina year. They need to wear them twice every year. I say the Texans wear them against the Titans & Saints. :victory:

MeLoveTexans
03-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Our record wearing the battle red jerseys was flawless until the unspeakable 2005 season where we lost both battle red games. Our record in battle red is currently 3-2.. Hopefully we can bring it up to 5-2

Double Barrel
03-10-2007, 01:37 PM
no! i think i'm the only person who loves the steel blue jerseys, we don't wear em enough. i do like seeing the red twice a season, though. i'd like to see it worn against the jags and titans.

I agree about steel blue. They are my favorite, and I wish they were our official home jerseys, except for one battle red game a year (which I'd save for the Titans or Colts).

TheRealX9
03-11-2007, 12:18 AM

yeah, we are unbeatable with those on, i want more BATTLE RED!

Stros5Texans80
03-11-2007, 03:47 AM
Anyone think the Saints game will be a Sunday night game for us? I do. Bush vs the team that passed on him. I think the national coverage would get behind it.

I thought so as well, but we are the Texans. Knowing them, they wouldn't care about a "meh" team. Until we do something HUGE, I don't think we'll ever get a primetime game.

YellerLotYeller
03-11-2007, 04:19 AM
I thought so as well, but we are the Texans. Knowing them, they wouldn't care about a "meh" team. Until we do something HUGE, I don't think we'll ever get a primetime game.

It could happen....but I would hate to hear the Texan bashing from the national guys.

Navy_Chris
03-11-2007, 05:05 AM
It could happen....but I would hate to hear the Texan bashing from the national guys.

We got 2 primetime games in 2005, remember? when the echoes of the football fans around the nation laughing at us could be heard near and far? Yeah, that was the Texans getting slaughtered by the Seahawks 42-10 on NATIONAL TV. I don't think ESPN or NBC is too thrilled about having the Texans on anytime soon.

GuerillaBlack
03-11-2007, 09:38 AM
When is our Saints game this season?