PDA

View Full Version : Top passing performances during the year

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Don't know if anyone caught it, but NFL Total Access did a segment regarding the top receiving performances throughout the year, and 2 of the 10 were AGAINST us.

Terrell Owens vs. the Texans secondary

and the number 1 receiving performance

LEE EVANS vs. the Texans secondary.

In all of this qb hype, let's not forget to address the secondary in the draft.

TexanFan881
03-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I know, I'm really hoping we go Landry at 8.

I'm surprised that Evans's performance wasn't ranked in the top 5.

A Texan
03-10-2007, 12:02 AM
One thing that would help the secondary and the defense in general is for the offense to hold onto the ball longer. Those 3 and outs are a lot to blame for those stats.

Jwwillis
03-10-2007, 12:04 AM
A little pressure on the QB would be most helpfull. When the QB has all day to throw any 2ndary looks bad. Not to say we dont need CB/FS help, its just a 11 man package.

CodeBlue
03-10-2007, 01:12 AM
i dont know if u have noticed but watch NFL network and ESPN...like 50% of the highlights are against us! especially indy. i told this to my room mate and he noticed it too after i pointed it out

Texans Pride
03-10-2007, 01:27 AM
i dont know if u have noticed but watch NFL network and ESPN...like 50% of the highlights are against us! especially indy. i told this to my room mate and he noticed it too after i pointed it out

My wife and I talk about this ALL THE TIME. We always make the highlight reel....unfortunately the play is always being made AGAINST us.

TwinSisters
03-10-2007, 02:29 AM

It's only because our uniforms are photogenic. They could just as easily use the Titans or Browns... but one is ugly and bright orange clashes with everything.

Erratic Assassin
03-10-2007, 11:01 AM
NFL Total Access did a segment regarding the top receiving performances throughout the year, and 2 of the 10 were AGAINST us.

Houston has a long history of being on the bad end of the highlight reel. Long before the Texans.

The greatest playoff comeback of all time comes to mind.

The Pencil Neck
03-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Don't know if anyone caught it, but NFL Total Access did a segment regarding the top receiving performances throughout the year, and 2 of the 10 were AGAINST us.

Terrell Owens vs. the Texans secondary

and the number 1 receiving performance

LEE EVANS vs. the Texans secondary.

In all of this qb hype, let's not forget to address the secondary in the draft.

You know what was interesting about that segment, the teams that the top performances had been against: Patriots, Chargers, Saints, Broncos, Jags, Eagles, a couple of other teams that I've forgotten, and us.

I'm not saying that we don't need to fix our secondary. We do. I think that needs to be a priority. I just thought that was an odd mix of teams. I would have expected them to be a rag tag bunch of losers but those are some pretty good teams.

TEXANS84
03-10-2007, 11:26 AM
A secondary will look weak if there is no pass rush whatsoever.

Look at Chicago's front seven, forcing the quarterback to hurry an make poor mistakes.

MATRIX
03-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Great example.

INDY

The D-Line and LB's look horrible aginst alot of teams. Look at the Jags game as a prime example...nobody could do anything but watch a RB run for 200yrds plus.

Then, they tightened up, played as a unit in the playoffs and won a SB.

1 more great D-lineman or LB will help our secondary look better. And another good corner or S would be nice.