PDA

View Full Version : Droughns to Giants

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 03:10 PM
The Giants have traded for Reuben Droughns, according to scout.com.

The deal will reportedly send disappointing wideout Tim Carter to Cleveland. Droughns was scheduled to receive a $1.75 roster bonus this upcoming week that the Browns were considered highly unlikely to pay.
Source: giants.scout.com
Related: Tim Carter, Brandon Jacobs, Giants

TwinSisters
03-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Wonder if Eric Moulds is going to surface in New York now?

Hervoyel
03-09-2007, 03:27 PM
A Cleveland Browns team without Droughns will not allow Peterson to fall past them. It just won't happen. Lewis isn't going to make any difference there IMO. They just told the world they're taking A.P.

Xman
03-09-2007, 03:30 PM
A Cleveland Browns team without Droughns will not allow Peterson to fall past them. It just won't happen. Lewis isn't going to make any difference there IMO. They just told the world they're taking A.P.

Plus, isn't the Lewis contract for only one year. Which would give AD a little more time to heal before he had the full load.

TexanAddict
03-09-2007, 04:39 PM
They just told the world they're taking A.P.

Just thought I would second this thought

mexican_texan
03-09-2007, 04:55 PM
One of my favorite players to one of my favorite teams. Awesome.

Texan_Aggie222
03-09-2007, 08:02 PM
I don't like this trade. Even though they didn't give up much to get him, I just don't think Droughns will be successful in NY.

Ole Miss Texan
03-09-2007, 10:24 PM

I think this would mean the Browns will take Peterson if he lasts till then.

Hookem Horns
03-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I don't like this trade. Even though they didn't give up much to get him, I just don't think Droughns will be successful in NY.

He isn't going to have to be that successful. Brandon Jacobs is going to be the main runner and he is a beast. Droughns is there for depth.

Please_Evolve
03-09-2007, 11:29 PM
He isn't going to have to be that successful. Brandon Jacobs is going to be the main runner and he is a beast. Droughns is there for depth.

When a friend text me this my first thought it exactly what Herv said. They are going to take AP there. Pencil it in.

With Domonic Rhodes signing in Oakland and restructuring Lamont Jordan's contract. At least current Rumorsthat Moss and Porter are in the fold. I think Kast said it perfectly when he said "By jove the raiders might actually go Qb"

On edit i wanted to add even though i don't like the Giants. Jacobs is going to be beast next year.