Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Thats usually something that doesn't come out unless theres a trade partner

hmm

Exithios
03-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Thats usually something that doesn't come out unless theres a trade partner

hmm

Were there any implications as to who or when?

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 09:30 AM
I tend to ignore Cold Pizza info until I see it somewhere else and ink is signed and all that. Cold Pizza does, however, make me hungry for Pizza.

real
03-09-2007, 09:31 AM
"Heeeyyy, And I love it"

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 09:31 AM
No they were just doing one of those quick around the NFL things

She said they heard from a source that he WILL be traded

Last night the Banner was changed, things are getting awful fishy around here

I wonder if it goes down today.

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 09:32 AM
I tend to ignore Cold Pizza info until I see it somewhere else and ink is signed and all that. Cold Pizza does, however, make me hungry for Pizza.

The Banner was mysteriously changed last night, coincidence........I think not.

HOU-TEX
03-09-2007, 09:33 AM
"Heeeyyy, And I love it"

Eh, I'll refrain from getting any hopes up at this time. This is not much different than someone like McLain saying DC will be traded. If it does go through, I'm going to party like it's 1999 (name the artist).:dance2:

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 09:33 AM

Vinny says on another thread that they were told to change it.

IMO, David is gone.

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 09:34 AM

Please...let it not be for Plummer....let it be for a draft pick...third rounder please....Minnesota? Pretty please? That's an EARLy third round pick...

Time for some signature love!

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 09:34 AM
I wonder what they will get for him, hopefully atleast a 4th rounder.

Dime
03-09-2007, 09:35 AM
This is horrible news. How will this board survive without Carr. No one will have anything to say anymore. Oh, I know what we will do. We will then rehash the old arguements of we let Vince young go and now we lost Carr. Or We let Bush go. Ahhh... classic old arguements that I will make a bet that will back once Carr is traded.

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 09:35 AM
"Originally Posted by Vinny
Someone upstairs initiated Carr coming off the banner because it didn't come from me. I'd usually just tell you guys to do the math on it...so, I'll stick with that."

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 09:37 AM
I don't start many threads, but when I do......damn, most exciting thread in the history of the board. :)

Looks like I got to start thinking about a new handle

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 09:37 AM
This is horrible news. How will this board survive without Carr. No one will have anything to say anymore. Oh, I know what we will do. We will then rehash the old arguements of we let Vince young go and now we lost Carr. Or We let Bush go. Ahhh... classic old arguements that I will make a bet that will back once Carr is traded.

We'll all show up and read "crickets chirping". :joker:

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Someone upstairs initiated Carr coming off the banner because it didn't come from me. I'd usually just tell you guys to do the math on it...so, I'll stick with that."
In-ter-es-tin'!

real
03-09-2007, 09:39 AM
It's sad that you guys think that there isn't life past Carr...

santo
03-09-2007, 09:40 AM

We'll just bash Sage....:joker:

and demand Quincy to start....:wild:

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 09:42 AM

and demand Quincy to start....:wild:

Yep....I figure if fans don't complain about something, they'll burst.

Wonder what QB we'll draft with Minny's third round pick?

real
03-09-2007, 09:42 AM

No we won't....

Sage = Beast.

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 09:46 AM
This was posted in another thread

Heard on 610 that we might hear something official about this by the end of the day today according to Mark Berman of Fox 26 Sports.

Honoring Earl 34
03-09-2007, 09:47 AM
David Carr will traded to New England to show Tom Brady how to change a diaper .

jerek
03-09-2007, 09:47 AM
While I have to say I wouldn't put a lot of stock in Cold Pizza, I put a lot of credibility in Vinny and given the fact that Carr is gone from our banner and yet not Domanick Williams, I'd say that we just might possibly be looking at the proverbial writing on the wall, though I think it's also possible there are other explanations for it.

I will of course be interested to see for what or whom, if Carr is in fact traded.

2BCF
03-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Got my dancin' shoes on....

GP
03-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Vinny says on another thread that they were told to change it.

IMO, David is gone.

The banner at the top of the message board?

I see the same old banner with Carr-Dunta-Domanick.

Help me out here. Was it changed, and then changed BACK to the old one...sort of like a trial to see how it looks? Or is there an order coming from upstairs to have a new banner ready?

I don't see a different banner on the message board forum(s).

real
03-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Hit refresh or delete your cookies

Vinny
The banner at the top of the message board?

I see the same old banner with Carr-Dunta-Domanick.

Help me out here. Was it changed, and then changed BACK to the old one...sort of like a trial to see how it looks? Or is there an order coming from upstairs to have a new banner ready?

I don't see a different banner on the message board forum(s).

try clearing cookies & cache. click me (http://forums.houstontexans.com/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=942d218c7f070c860beb2dc15377bd39)

Carr Bombed
Again

This was posted in another thread

Heard on 610 that we might hear something official about this by the end of the day today according to Mark Berman of Fox 26 Sports.

I think it is the real deal

The Chick on TV sounded pretty DAMN confident in the way she said it.

Let's try this again
03-09-2007, 09:50 AM
I still see Dominick Davis/Williams on the banner. Does that mean his knee has magically healed and he's still on the team?

real
03-09-2007, 09:51 AM
I still see Dominick Davis/Williams on the banner. Does that mean his knee has magically healed and he's still on the team?

yes.

GP
03-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Hit refresh or delete your cookies

Doy.

My bad.

As soon as I saw "cookies," I slapped my forehead and had an "Ah-ha!" moment.

Thanks, guys....

HOU-TEX
03-09-2007, 09:54 AM

His cartilage magically grew back. They must have used that goo from a Chia Pet.:joker:

Carr Bombed
So where do yall think he's going

I wonder if its just a straight up trade for Plummer, the man still hasn't submitted his papers.

HuttoKarl
Who'd take Carr?

Minnesota? (Who really thinks Tarvaris is awesome???)
Oakland?? (frees them up to take a non-QB)
Washington??? (they don't have any badasses at QB)
Buffalo????? (probably not w/ Losman...but they just got an extra third)
Tampa Bay????? (they LOVE mediocre qb's)

Dime
03-09-2007, 09:55 AM
It's sad that you guys think that there isn't life past Carr...

ummmm.. it was sarcasm

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Who'd take Carr?

Minnesota?
Oakland??

Washington already has their QB of the future in Jason Campbell

threetoedpete
No they were just doing one of those quick around the NFL things

She said they heard from a source that he WILL be traded

Last night the Banner was changed, things are getting awful fishy around here

I wonder if it goes down today.

Yep and I say unless they get an offer they like, he not only is in camp, he takes most of the snaps in '07. And you can quote me on that one if you wanna.

real
ummmm.. it was sarcastim

Is this "sarcastim" too ?

David's Busted Carr
03-09-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm just happy they replace Carr's picture up top with DeMeco!

:dance2:

real
Yep and I say unless they get an offer they like, he not only is in camp, he takes most of the snaps in '07. And you can quote me on that one if you wanna.

I've said all along Carr is gone regardless. I'll stick by that.

thunderkyss
Eh, I'll refrain from getting any hopes up at this time.

{Raises Hand}

I'm with this guy.

Let's try this again
03-09-2007, 09:58 AM
His cartilage magically grew back. They must have used that goo from a Chia Pet.:joker:

Ever heard of Shoe-Goo

Carr Bombed
I think its down to

Minnisota
Oakland
Tampa Bay

GP
Yeah, David Carr is definitely gone.

When you're removed from the banner...that's as good as Tony Soprano looking across the room at Paulie and just giving a little nod and a puff on his cigar.

I'm going to see the last few posts of Hulk75...look and see when he last posted. If it's been awhile, he's been notified by DC (notified that he's being traded) and he's no longer posting until the storm dies down.

There might also be some clues or tipoffs in what Hulk75 posted in his most recent posts.

Be back in a second.

santo
No we won't....

Sage = Beast.

Porter = Beast....:throwball:

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Who'd take Carr?

Losman looked like a pro-bowler last year.....

My bad, that was just against us....

Charter PSL Fan
03-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Wali Lundy on the new banner? This is prime time comedy.

HOU-TEX
03-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Ever heard of Shoe-Goo

No. Is it some kind of Chinese food?

real
03-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Wali Lundy on the new banner? This is prime time comedy.

Where is Lundy ?

WaywardTexanFan
David Carr will traded to New England to show Tom Brady how to change a diaper .

Coffee dripping out of my nose funny.

Dime
WAIT folks.. i want Carr to be traded just like the next guy, but lets talk about a few things here...

Is the Carr trade a move by another organization to prevent some wheeling and dealing come draft day for Carr. Thus trying to keep us from moving up or whatever during the draft. Or do you think someone just offered something of Value?

Also, and lets keep the peanut gallery out of this, what would be a DECENT trade for him in pick in the draft or player. I would HATE it if we just cut him.

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 10:04 AM
For some reason I got a weird feeling about Oakland, just because they don't like to draft QBs #1

Al's health is fading and I don't think he wants to wait for a rookie QB.

Oakland trades for Carr and gives him another Johnson to throw to.

Malloy
03-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Who'd take Carr?

I have a wierd feeling it'll be Oakland. Ofcause I have nothing to base this on, pure speculation :)

Brandon420tx
03-09-2007, 10:05 AM
If this does go down, I just hope we don't pick up a QB with the first or seond in the draft...

HuttoKarl
WAIT folks.. i want Carr to be traded just like the next guy, but lets talk about a few things here...

Is the Carr trade a move by another organization to prevent some wheeling and dealing come draft day for Carr. Thus trying to keep us from moving up or whatever during the draft. Or do you think someone just offered something of Value?

Also, and lets keep the peanut gallery out of this, what would be a DECENT trade for him in pick in the draft or player. I would HATE it if we just cut him.

I'd love to get a third rounder...I feel Carr's worth a third rounder. I would take a 4th as well, if need be.

Malloy

Stop being sarcastimic!

Blake
I think its pretty solid when you are taken off the banner. And not by popular demand. By the higher ups.

Carr is gone. I just hope we get a 2nd.

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 10:06 AM
I have a wierd feeling it'll be Oakland. Ofcause I have nothing to base this on, pure speculation :)

get out of my head :)

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 10:06 AM

It's cool...we're all speculatating.

GP
03-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Hulk75 (David's brother) has not posted in 11 hours.

That's not unusual for it to have been 11 hours since he posted...I think that puts his last post at about 11 p.m. on Thursday evening. Maybe he went to bed and hasn't been back to the board.

I will say; however, that the longer this day goes on without Hulk75 showing up here or posting here....the more likelihood that something IS happening.

Tick tock, tick tock.....

Dime

No.. its just me responding to someone who doesnt know what it is. :yahoo:

Meloy

Also, and lets keep the peanut gallery out of this, what would be a DECENT trade for him in pick in the draft or player. I would HATE it if we just cut him.I agree. If we move any player, we should have a decent replacement. IMO not Plummer & I like Sage but he played too little last season to get a good eval. I do not want any of the top three QBs expected to go in first Russell, Smith or Quinn. Kolb or Stanton I would like to see drafted after first round, but regardless, if no Carr we just took a step backwards.

Brandon420tx
03-09-2007, 10:09 AM
I agree. If we move any player, we should have a decent replacement. IMO not Plummer & I like Sage but he played too little last season to get a good eval. I do not want any of the top three QBs expected to go in first Russell, Smith or Quinn. Kolb or Stanton I would like to see drafted after first round, but regardless, if no Carr we just took a step backwards.

His name is Quincy Porter!! :lightning:

cuppacoffee
03-09-2007, 10:10 AM
click me (http://forums.houstontexans.com/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=942d218c7f070c860beb2dc15377bd39)

I did, I logged back in and Carr is still there. :dance2:

Guess the powers that be know that I am a Carr :homer: and I am in no hurry to run him out of town...:D

:coffee:

Sportsfan
03-09-2007, 10:10 AM

real
03-09-2007, 10:11 AM
No.. its just me responding to someone who doesnt know what it is. :yahoo:

No results found for sarcastim. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcastim)

Dime
03-09-2007, 10:11 AM
I agree. If we move any player, we should have a decent replacement. IMO not Plummer & I like Sage but he played too little last season to get a good eval. I do not want any of the top three QBs expected to go in first Russell, Smith or Quinn. Kolb or Stanton I would like to see drafted after first round, but regardless, if no Carr we just took a step backwards.

I hate to say it.. but I be willing to be if this was true... you would be seeing Quinn as a Texan soon.

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 10:12 AM

Sometimes you have to take a step backwords to take a giant leap forward.

Carr is a gang green toe, that had to go. The team has lost all faith in him.

Dime
03-09-2007, 10:13 AM
No results found for sarcastim. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcastim)

No results for intelligence, either.. rofl.

HOU-TEX
03-09-2007, 10:14 AM

:potkettle:

real

ain't that the truth.

HuttoKarl
Hulk75 (David's brother) has not posted in 11 hours.

That's not unusual for it to have been 11 hours since he posted...I think that puts his last post at about 11 p.m. on Thursday evening. Maybe he went to bed and hasn't been back to the board.

I will say; however, that the longer this day goes on without Hulk75 showing up here or posting here....the more likelihood that something IS happening.

Tick tock, tick tock.....

Is he really David Carr's brother???

Malloy
Sometimes you have to take a step backwords to take a giant leap forward.

Carr is a gang green toe, that had to go. The team has lost all faith in him.

Do they fight it out with Gang Red Slippers? :)

Carr Bombed

Yes

santo
03-09-2007, 10:15 AM

Yes. He is.

He has mentioned it a few times on the MB.

Dime
03-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Thank you.... thank you very much...

Oh, and if you want to attack my typo.. that is fine. If you cant get past it, I am sorry and let me know so I will go back correct it, so you can move on with your life.

Texans Pride
Yes. He is.

A few times? :yahoo:

HuttoKarl
Yes. He is.

I googled Hulk75 to see if he showed up on some other team's message board recently...no luck....did find a big guy in Cali on myspace.com though and a weed growing forum with a user named Hulk75. Gotta be him!

Anyway...no ill will to David (or his brother), but David needs to go for us and for him.

real
03-09-2007, 10:19 AM

Oh, and if you want to attack my typo.. that is fine. If you cant get past it, I am sorry and let me know so I will go back correct it, so you can move on with your life.

Would you be a doll and correct that ?

Dime
03-09-2007, 10:19 AM
:potkettle:

Rofl.

Back at ya.

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Why couldn't this have happened last year.

Oh well no reason to cry over spilt milk

David's Busted Carr
Carr to Oakland makes perfect sense. Then they can draft Calvin Johnson, the player they really want!

Carr to Oakland for their 3rd round pick (the 1st in the 3rd round). Get it done Rick! Heck I might even takes Oakland's 4th round pick. It's nice to have the 1st pick of the 2nd day like we did last year. You can study all the players that might have slipped through the cracks on day 1!

Porky

:yahoo: :redtowel: :highfive: :BananaWav

underdog65

People are so touchy in here. Develop a thicker skin people and don't let the small things bother you, the bigger ones are going to bite you on the butt anyway.:joker:

Dime
03-09-2007, 10:24 AM
People are so touchy in here. Develop a thicker skin people and don't let the small things bother you, the bigger ones are going to bite you on the butt anyway.:joker:

Heheh.. Actually.. I was having fun with it... I havent had someone come after me in awhile, and it refreshing to play point, counterpoint here. Even over something stupid as this.

GP
03-09-2007, 10:25 AM
I googled Hulk75 to see if he showed up on some other team's message board recently...no luck....did find a big guy in Cali on myspace.com though and a weed growing forum with a user named Hulk75. Gotta be him!

Anyway...no ill will to David (or his brother), but David needs to go for us and for him.

And I thought I was smart.

Nice move.

We're like Columbo and Matlock all rolled together...except for that whole bushy eyebrow thing. You'd think somebody would tell them to tweeze those things. Sheesh....

powerfuldragon
03-09-2007, 10:26 AM
If david's really leaving, i'd have to say i'm almost disappointed. almost.

The moment he's gone, a new era in houston texans football will begin.

GP
03-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I googled "Carr will be traded" and could only pull up stuff from about a week or two ago--During the whole Jeff Garcia thing.

There's gotta' be more leakage than this.

Surely we can uncover some more stuff on our own, rather than waiting on the official word.

srstex
03-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I just did the math, and found that Carr has gotten a bad deal for the Texans from day 1, except for the salary he earned, EARNED. Five years 4 left tackles two of which were rookies, 4 offensive cordinators, and now let's get rid of him. Now we will get the "Still rebuilding" speech, and two more years of failure, as Carr goes so does the team, if Carr leaves town so do our chances of a better season this year then last.
JMHO - But one year in a new system and, nope not the guy, and what if the next gut ain't it, well nope let's rid of him too, in one year in the system? IF Quin is available will he start, and if he is not available what then Sage, Plummer, we are in dead trouble with out a firm plan at QB, outside of Plummer.

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 10:28 AM
If david's really leaving, i'd have to say i'm almost disappointed. almost.

The moment he's gone, a new era in houston texans football will begin.

I get you. He was a model citizen, took bigtime lumps for this team, and the HEB commercial about him not liking sacks was GREAT!!!

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 10:28 AM
My friend Steve isn't going to be able to go ice skating at the Galleria with David anymore.

Is there someone willing to help ease Steve's transition, and go ice skating with him?

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 10:29 AM
I googled "Carr will be traded" and could only pull up stuff from about a week or two ago--During the whole Jeff Garcia thing.

There's gotta' be more leakage than this.

Surely we can uncover some more stuff on our own, rather than waiting on the official word.

I don't know...the Atlanta Braves always make deals nobody sees coming...maybe this is like that.

Mr. White
03-09-2007, 10:32 AM
I just checked all my usual rumor mills and nothing. If this is true, the Texans are doing a helluva job keeping the lid on it right now.

thunderkyss
03-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Carr to Oakland makes perfect sense. Then they can draft Calvin Johnson, the player they really want!

Carr to Oakland for their 3rd round pick (the 1st in the 3rd round). Get it done Rick! Heck I might even takes Oakland's 4th round pick. It's nice to have the 1st pick of the 2nd day like we did last year. You can study all the players that might have slipped through the cracks on day 1!

nothing against you David'sBustedCarr.... but it really upsets me that no one has Oakland Drafting Joe Thomas, but we've got guys telling us how important it is that we draft the biggest/baddest OLman in every draft.

TexansLucky13
03-09-2007, 10:34 AM
I will believe it when I see it.

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 10:35 AM
DAVID CARR TO THE TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOR A CASE OF ELSINORE BEER!!!!

McKenzie Brothers riot after finding out they can't have that case of beer.

powerfuldragon
I just did the math, and found that Carr has gotten a bad deal for the Texans from day 1

well, things were really looking up for him after 7 - 9, but then we let some of our best players go and didn't do anything to make up for it. as a result, the texans suffered, and because the texans suffered, DC got smacked with most of the blame. this screwed his confidence. once he lost the support of the fans, he had no chance. if he goes, i wish him the best of luck wherever he goes, i'll always root for him and his team. unless of course, he plays against the texans.

I get you. He was a model citizen, took bigtime lumps for this team, and the HEB commercial about him not liking sacks was GREAT!!!
yup.

2BCF
Heheh.. Actually.. I was having fun with it... I havent had someone come after me in awhile, and it refreshing to play point, counterpoint here. Even over something stupid as this.

That's a fantastatic attitude to have. :thumbup

Wolf
03-09-2007, 10:36 AM
if true I wish the best for Carr.

i sense that for some reason the Brady quinn love fest will begin and boards will pickup steam about drafting him and if true i will be sick

Then I sense the next in line of bashing if this franchise doesn't turn itself around will be Mario being ..well what has been discussed over and over o this board

But if true..I wish the Best for David and who knows he might pull a Rich Gannon (with Oakland) on us, but in reality best for Dave's career is to get out of houston ... Sadly this organization set him up to fail

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 10:37 AM

LOL... Elsinore Beer.... Take off you fleshy headed mutant!!

powerfuldragon

Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges.

Mr teX
5 pages already? off of a 30 sec. mention on Cold Pizza & 610 combined?

The DC haters are out in force i see, if it's true, good luck homie, i hope he finds success elsewhere.

pv1999
03-09-2007, 10:38 AM
I just did the math, and found that Carr has gotten a bad deal for the Texans from day 1, except for the salary he earned, EARNED. Five years 4 left tackles two of which were rookies, 4 offensive cordinators, and now let's get rid of him. Now we will get the "Still rebuilding" speech, and two more years of failure, as Carr goes so does the team, if Carr leaves town so do our chances of a better season this year then last.
JMHO - But one year in a new system and, nope not the guy, and what if the next gut ain't it, well nope let's rid of him too, in one year in the system? IF Quin is available will he start, and if he is not available what then Sage, Plummer, we are in dead trouble with out a firm plan at QB, outside of Plummer.

Amen.

2BCF
03-09-2007, 10:40 AM
I hope Cleveland gets Carr somehow, but that's just me being bitter for living through these miserable Carr years.

It's to our benefit if he stays in our division.

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 10:41 AM
I hope Cleveland gets Carr somehow, but that's just me being bitter for living through these miserable Carr years.

It's to our benefit if he stays in our division.

Jacksonville?? Indy and Tenn. are set...

Blake
03-09-2007, 10:43 AM
The worst part of this entire situation is that we signed him for a three year extension and paid him big bucks for that. At the same time we wrote off Vince with our first pick, even though he wanted to play for his hometown desperately. Talk about kicking our own *****.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 10:50 AM

hahahahha...Carr has mad game at changing diapers

real
03-09-2007, 10:52 AM

The DC haters are out in force i see, if it's true, good luck homie, i hope he finds success elsewhere.

Yeah...

That's hardly worth a mention on the Texans message board...

Dallas_Texan
03-09-2007, 10:54 AM
if true I wish the best for Carr.

i sense that for some reason the Brady quinn love fest will begin and boards will pickup steam about drafting him and if true i will be sick

Then I sense the next in line of bashing if this franchise doesn't turn itself around will be Mario being ..well what has been discussed over and over o this board

But if true..I wish the Best for David and who knows he might pull a Rich Gannon (with Oakland) on us, but in reality best for Dave's career is to get out of houston ... Sadly this organization set him up to fail

Couldn't be more true. I wish the best for the guy.

pv1999
03-09-2007, 10:55 AM
I am not kidding.......he did get a raw deal; he did have inadequete protection.

That said, the guy has had 5 years to develop.....5 YEARS! 4 of those with no real QB coach or veteran QB. So basically he started out as a 8th year senior last year, his rookie season.

He had decent protection last season and a supposed qb guru as the head coach. And he sent a reciever to the pro bowl and had some decent stats in some categories. Again, his rookie season.

Did you watch the Oakland game last season? how about the New England game? How about the first game against the Titans? I did and I was amazed at how much we have done with as many missing pieces as we have.

Carr was absolutely pathetic-looking but so was the team. By the way, didn't we win more games this year than last?

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 10:55 AM

I am sooooo disappointed in you Second.... I was for sure you would go with the "Carr has to avoid changing diapers, given his fumble problems".... or something along those lines....

Ya missed an easy one, there..

powerfuldragon
03-09-2007, 10:57 AM
wow six pages in an hour.

HOU-TEX
03-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Carr was absolutely pathetic-looking but so was the team. By the way, didn't we win more games this year than last?

With decent to good QB play it could've been more.:)

kastofsna
03-09-2007, 10:58 AM

hard to believe that a credible rumor from a national sports outlet about the team's starting quarterback being traded would spark any interest at all.

real
03-09-2007, 10:59 AM
hard to believe that a credible rumor from a national sports outlet about the team's starting quarterback being traded would spark any interest at all.

dito.

ib4texans
This just in! Most anti-Carr activists will swallow any pill that they are given, in the hopes that it's true. Give me facts not speculation.

2BCF
With decent to good QB play it could've been more.:)

It also helps to have more TDs than INTs.

CVTexan
I am sure the only thing holding this "deal" up is how much Crow/Albatross (Carr's salary) the Texans are going to have to eat? There is NO way the guy sticks on the team after all of these rumors floating around!! :stirpot:

Wonder if we got more than the Cowgirls gave us for Henson was it??

real
03-09-2007, 11:00 AM
This just in! Most anti-Carr activists will swallow any pill that they are given, in the hopes that it's true. Give me facts not speculation.

I don't think too many people care whether or not you're convinced....JMO

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 11:01 AM
They are talking about it on 610 right now

Saying that take it with a grain of salt since it's coming from Cold Pizza, but that they think it will happen too. Also were debating what a "source" constitutes as. One says a reporter, the other said a source had to come from inside the Texans organization.

And now that I have finished typing this, they are done talking about it.

texans83
Can you imagine how many pages there will be once he acually is traded.

pv1999
Alright which one of you Carr haters called ESPN with this rumor?

texans83
03-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Alright which one of you Carr haters called ESPN with this rumor?

dam u cought me

ib4texans
I don't think too many people care whether or not you're convinced....JMO

I knew that you would bite xtrueroyaltyx, I can read you like a pop-up book!
LOL

Texan_Bill
Can you imagine how many pages there will be once he acually is traded.

This place will go off for about a week or so... and then we can move on to other topics------>FINALLY!!

HOU-TEX
03-09-2007, 11:03 AM
They are talking about it on 610 right now

Saying that take it with a grain of salt that it's coming from Cold Pizza, but that they think it will happen too. Also were debating what a "source" constitutes as. One says a reporter, the other said a source had to come from inside the Texans organization.

And now that I have finished typing this, they are done talking about it.

They also spoke of this message board having it's banner changed. :dance2:

Second Honeymoon
I am sooooo disappointed in you Second.... I was for sure you would go with the "Carr has to avoid changing diapers, given his fumble problems".... or something along those lines....

Ya missed an easy one, there..

:0 it was a rushed post. i had to call my brother at work and tell him about this latest item from the rumor mill. this could be a huge day for the franchise...

i just wanted to give props for someone mixing in the Brady love triangle into a Carr take. Anyway, can I change Gisele's diapers? or better yet just take them off and leave them off. I wonder if Brady would mind.

afcman
The worst part of this entire situation is that we signed him for a three year extension and paid him big bucks for that. At the same time we wrote off Vince with our first pick, even though he wanted to play for his hometown desperately. Talk about kicking our own *****.

It wouldn't be so bad if Young were not in the AFC South. But now we have to deal with him and Manning.

I bet Carr goes to Oakland.

I'm worried we'll get Quinn. I'm not sold on him at all.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
03-09-2007, 11:04 AM
LOL... Elsinore Beer.... Take off you fleshy headed mutant!!

Maybe they are trading Carr straight up for Rosie La Rose.

real
03-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I knew that you would bite xtrueroyaltyx, I can read you like a pop-up book!
LOL

i'll be here all day.

CarrIsFine
03-09-2007, 11:05 AM

Good job on locking up a Carr thread last night. Who are you going to direct your hate to when Carr is gone. One day you'll wake up and realize the Texans are still the Texans, then what?

Malloy
03-09-2007, 11:05 AM
My friend Steve isn't going to be able to go ice skating at the Galleria with David anymore.

Is there someone willing to help ease Steve's transition, and go ice skating with him?

heehaw, that's good old fun if I ever saw some :)

ib4texans
03-09-2007, 11:06 AM
i'll be here all day.

We can only wait and wonder if Carr will be?

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Anyway, can I change Gisele's diapers? or better yet just take them off and leave them off. I wonder if Brady would mind.

We don't agree on much, but we are both eye to eye here. Who cares if Brady minds, he can keep busy with Bridget Moynahan or Lindsey Lohan.. lol

2BCF
03-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Good job on locking up a Carr thread last night. Who are you going to direct your hate to when Carr is gone. One day you'll wake up and realize the Texans are still the Texans, then what?

you may just want to sleep through the next few days.

texans83
03-09-2007, 11:08 AM
We don't agree on much, but we are both eye to eye here. Who cares if Brady minds, he can keep busy with Bridget Moynahan or Lindsey Lohan.. lol

Oh man haha thats just nasty!!!!:wild:

pv1999
I am more pro-Texans than anti-Carr.
We just don't have anything better right now and the sooner people realize that the sooner we can move on.
Asserly and the Dom Corleone screwed us and we may not recover soon. But don't hate Dave for that....that's all I'm sayin'.

srstex
Are you two kidding me.......did he get somewhat of a raw deal? yes; did he have inadequete protection? yes

That said, the guy has had 5 years to develop.....5 YEARS!

He had decent protection last season and a supposed qb guru as the head coach

Did you watch the Oakland game last season? how about the New England game? How about the first game against the Titans?

Carr was absolutely pathetic

Fives years to develope ?, who was teaching him ?, who was protecting him ? If I hit you with a 2X4 everytime you turned around how long before you stopped turning around ? And IF Kubiak is the GURU you say he is, why can't he teach Carr ? Don't give me the don't blame the teacher crap either, Kubiaks best years ,and work, were with the man who replaced him in Denver Elway. So now after one year was it Elway or was it Kubiak ?, was it a combo ? If yes who is the Elway that will help us, because it is certanly NOT PLUMMER.

Second Honeymoon
This place will go off for about a week or so... and then we can move on to other topics------>FINALLY!!

i will make an apology to all fellow Texans fans I may have offended and will hope that we can all unite together regardless of our past differences and opinions.

A wise man named Lincoln once said 'A house divided against itself cannot stand'. Hopefully we can all start working in new topics and put the tired topics away once and for all.

Maybe we can start flinging some missiles in the direction of Tennessee. They had cap room for days and we have actually had a better offseason than them to date.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 11:09 AM

thanks man. peace be upon you.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 11:10 AM

Gisele > Moynahan and/or Lohan

texans83
03-09-2007, 11:10 AM
i will make an apology to all fellow Texans fans I may have offended and will hope that we can all unite together regardless of our past differences and opinions.

A wise man named Lincoln once said 'A house divided against itself cannot stand'. Hopefully we can all start working in new topics and put the tired topics away once and for all.

Maybe we can start flinging some missiles in the direction of Tennessee. They had cap room for days and we have actually had a better offseason than them to date.

No according to ESPn or CBS or who even in the hell it was, they can all????

Mr teX
03-09-2007, 11:11 AM

Yeah, but come on man, i guess i just gave our fans a little more credit thinking that they might hold all this chest bumping & hand slapping stuff in check until something a little more concrete came around like who's intrested, involved or some minor details about the deal are leaked. Guess i was wrong.

I didn't expect to see foaming at the mouth off of 20-30 secs of a passing mentioning.

Porky
03-09-2007, 11:12 AM
My guess:

Carr to Minnesota for a conditional draft pick in next years draft.

Just let me know when I can start celebrating. :horn: :toast2: :beerfunnel:

CarrIsFine
03-09-2007, 11:12 AM
It wouldn't be so bad if Young were not in the AFC South. But now we have to deal with him and Manning.

I bet Carr goes to Oakland.

I'm worried we'll get Quinn. I'm not sold on him at all.

Lane Kiffin graduated from Fresno State and played QB for a few years. Could see it happening, if he can persuade Davis.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 11:13 AM
No according to ESPn or CBS or who even in the hell it was, they can all????

well some would say our offseason has been lacking but if put against the Titan's offseason (especially considering they had the 2nd most cap room) then I would have to call them bigger losers than us.

Other than Moulds departure, I think every move Smith has made has been prudent and very frugal. Even the huge Green deal is juxtaposed with a small signing bonus.

Wolf
03-09-2007, 11:14 AM
No matter how bad the first 4 years were....we shouldn't have had to watch our quarterback (A) fumble over and over; (C) consistently throw into double coverage; (D) have excessive balls batted down; and (D) take the snap and trip over himself several times

Yes, we did win more games last year than the prior season.....In spite of Carr's performance

:ok: I inspite of some peoples key fumbles and drops that would have won us games .wasn't all Carrs fault.

way to pick and choose all the negative plays that happened.

back to subject.

bottom line is team lost confidence in Carr and who knows maybe Carr lost confidence in some players in key situations too

Y'all probably will think the last part is funny, but we had stupid penalties in key situations, stupid fumbles on potential game winning drives, dump pass routes on 3rd down (i.e. need 7 yards and the wr runs a 6 yard route) ...whole team meltdown

TwinSisters
03-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Praise the Lord.

Worketh He in mysterious ways

Wonder if the Jets or Carolina sprung for him?

afcman
03-09-2007, 11:15 AM

Depends on if we get Quinn or not. :)

Texan_Bill
No matter how bad the first 4 years were....we shouldn't have had to watch our quarterback (A) fumble over and over; (C) consistently throw into double coverage; (D) have excessive balls batted down; and (D) take the snap and trip over himself several times

Yes, we did win more games last year than the prior season.....In spite of Carr's performance

Just curious, what was (B)???

texans83
I think Moulds leaving was a good one, it is going to free up alot of our cap space for next year. hopefully we can get a reciever in the later rounds. There will still be a bunch left.

DomDavis

Am I missing something? The banner I'm looking at now still has Carr on it... or has it not been done yet?

ib4texans
Praise the Lord.

Worketh He in mysterious ways

Wonder if the Jets or Carolina sprung for him?

Probably Carolina, that way he'll come back and kick our a** next year in our first ever meeting.

kastofsna
check this out:
I dunno but, the Bucs may have had this in mind all along. They traded a 4th round pick in the 2008 draft for Plummer, but it was a conditional pick and I'm not sure what the conditions were.

The Texans were probably not inclined to trade Carr for a 4th in 2008...and the Broncos were not likely to accept Carr in exchange for Plummer. The Bucs could have pulled the Plummer move to get the necessary leverage to get the Texans to take the deal.

Carr may have been their target all along. Looking at him, he screams to me of a Jon Gruden quarterback. Incidentally, so does Jeff Garcia...but Garcia plays a year while Carr learns the offense.

pv1999
well some would say our offseason has been lacking but if put against the Titan's offseason (especially considering they had the 2nd most cap room) then I would have to call them bigger losers than us.

Other than Moulds departure, I think every move Smith has made has been prudent and very frugal. Even the huge Green deal is juxtaposed with a small signing bonus.

Who wants to play with pac-man? Bud might as well keep that money....not that he wants to spend it anyway.

Mr. White
03-09-2007, 11:17 AM
check this out:

Is that from your insider?

Second Honeymoon
Lane Kiffin graduated from Fresno State and played QB for a few years. Could see it happening, if he can persuade Davis.

after Lil Davey's pathetic performance in Oakland last year, Kiffin better have Jedi mind tricks at his disposal. Davis is a lot of things but he isnt dumb.

ib4texans

LOL! Nice 1

pv1999
03-09-2007, 11:18 AM
check this out:

Where is that from?

Wolf
03-09-2007, 11:18 AM
My guess:

Carr to Minnesota for a conditional draft pick in next years draft.

Just let me know when I can start celebrating. :horn: :toast2: :beerfunnel:

check www.purplepride.org and nothing stated on those messageboards (thought a rumor would be atleast posted

kastofsna
03-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Is that from your insider?
:whistle:

Specnatz
03-09-2007, 11:20 AM

That would be blaming one person for everything. Especially when there is enough blame to go around.

But then again that would be logical and some people would not want that in a Carr thread.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Who wants to play with pac-man? Bud might as well keep that money....not that he wants to spend it anyway.

gotta agree with you on that one. pacman's lame act hasn't probably been the best recruiting tool. personally, I feel its due to them having a rookie GM after they gave Reese the boot. Reinfeldt is getting schooled by the rest of the NFL's general managers.

Double Barrel
03-09-2007, 11:28 AM

yeah, but it'll all be happening on the NFL section of the forum and not in The Bull Pen. :victory:

And IF Kubiak is the GURU you say he is, why can't he teach Carr ?

That question could be answered in so many ways, depending on your perspective.

Obviously, you were trying to disrespect Kubiak. But perhaps an artist cannot create a sculpture if he starts off with broken marble.

Mr. White
03-09-2007, 11:31 AM
:whistle:

Gotcha. What were we even talking about anyway?

Scottyboy
03-09-2007, 11:31 AM
YAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :yahoo:

valleytexfan
03-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Why do I see Carr on the banner with D-Rob and Domanick?

texanfan2002114
03-09-2007, 11:32 AM

hit your refresh button

Mr. White
03-09-2007, 11:33 AM

log out and log back in.

Seņor Stan
03-09-2007, 11:33 AM

Press F5 on you keyboard.

Kaiser Toro
03-09-2007, 11:34 AM

Knock on wood and throw some salt over your shoulder.

valleytexfan
03-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks, gentlemen....WOW!!!!!

TK_Gamer
03-09-2007, 11:35 AM
cuz you never delete your old cookies? or bookmark? my banner has Ryans, lundy and williams...

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 11:35 AM

Carr and DDW :homer:

:sarcasm:

GP
03-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Yeah, but come on man, i guess i just gave our fans a little more credit thinking that they might hold all this chest bumping & hand slapping stuff in check until something a little more concrete came around like who's intrested, involved or some minor details about the deal are leaked. Guess i was wrong.

I didn't expect to see foaming at the mouth off of 20-30 secs of a passing mentioning.

Oh, come off it.

You're not the "dad" of the message board, chastising his boys for saying something that isn't nice.

It comes off as shallow and belittling when you try and make people feel bad for being excited about a potential move in a new direction.

Most people here agree that David is a nice guy, a solid character with great ethics. But to use that as a shield against the objective analysis and critique of his on-field performance is ignorant.

I defended DC up until the past couple of months, but I can begin to see that the time has come for new beginnings and new scenery for DC and for the rest of the team.

But for you to charge in and spank everyone for how they feel....that's a little much, IMO. You can feel how you feel, but you need to ratchet down your expectations of how people will behave on this board.

Unfair expectations = Personal disappointment every time.

ib4texans
03-09-2007, 11:36 AM
cuz you never delete your old cookies? or bookmark? my banner has Ryans, lundy and williams...

Ryans,DRob, and Williams. I believe

valleytexfan
03-09-2007, 11:37 AM

Ok, I got Demeco, but I still have D-Rob and Domanick after refreshing a bunch of times... no Williams or Lundy

kastofsna
03-09-2007, 11:37 AM
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4495/mbheaderbh2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

TK_Gamer
03-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Im just waiting for something official, not gonna speculate, you have to admite the prospect is at least interesting.

ib4texans
Oh, come off it.

You're not the "dad" of the message board, chastising his boys for saying something that isn't nice.

It comes off as shallow and belittling when you try and make people feel bad for being excited about a potential move in a new direction.

Most people here agree that David is a nice guy, a solid character with great ethics. But to use that as a shield against the objective analysis and critique of his on-field performance is ignorant.

I defended DC up until the past couple of months, but I can begin to see that the time has come for new beginnings and new scenery for DC and for the rest of the team.

But for you to charge in and spank everyone for how they feel....that's a little much, IMO. You can feel how you feel, but you need to ratchet down your expectations of how people will behave on this board.

Ouch!

HuttoKarl
Is Carr gone yet?

ib4texans
03-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Ok, I got Demeco, but I still have D-Rob and Domanick after refreshing a bunch of times... no Williams or Lundy

You got it right it's not Lundy its DRob, and its D Williams not M Williams.

TK_Gamer
03-09-2007, 11:40 AM
and I think yer right its drob , not lundy, and williams IS dommanick

pv1999
I still have old banner.
...have refreshed several times.

Mr. White
Anybody else see this thread going longer than the Moulds thread last year?

ib4texans
03-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Anybody else see this thread going longer than the Moulds thread last year?

Only if we don't get any official word for awhile.

TK_Gamer
03-09-2007, 11:43 AM
if I WERE to speculate, I would guess we made a deal with TB to swap for plummer and a draft pick....

SAMURAITEXAN
03-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Last year's Moulds thread was over 80pages long more than 2000posts right?

Errant Hothy
03-09-2007, 11:46 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure teh Moulds thread is teh longest in board history.

Wolf
wasn't Cold Pizza that leaked the Carr to dolphins trade of last year?

if so, I am still waiting on that one.

HuttoKarl

I guess we all have something to aim for.

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 11:47 AM
wasn't Cold Pizza that leaked the Carr to dolphins trade of last year?

if so, I am still waiting on that one.

Maybe they were REALLY, REALLY ahead of their time.

Dime
03-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Anbody else see the banner, and think 'Is d-rob doing a Michael Jackson move'?
Rofl.

texan's blue
03-09-2007, 11:48 AM
:offtopic: Why is DW, formerly DD, stil lon there? It's safe to say that he's done. It was safe to say that a long, long time ago. I know that he played well for us but his time is past. And why isn't MW on there? He was our #1 pick. We made a huge splash getting him why not have his picture everywhere???

Mr teX
03-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Oh, come off it.

What the hell are you talking about? i'm not trying to make people feel bad about anything & i'm sorry if YOU or anyone else feels that way but it isn't my intention. I, like pretty much any other Texans fan, understand that it's time to go in a new direction, where i don't know, but off of a 30 sec. mentioning that talks of nothing else surrounding what could possibly happen? & everyone in this thread is acting like the deal is
already done. Where am i defending him in any of my posts in this thread?

Reading Comprehension........ you know, that skill they teach you in Elementary school, you should try it some time it'll help you out a little, especially on here.

TK_Gamer
03-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Rofl.

lol , I think yer right or a Rocky immitation...

texans83

oh man we are going to be here for a while if we want to beat it

Mr. White

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=20305&highlight=eric+moulds

105 pages, 2087 posts

Dime
03-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Fives years to develope ?, who was teaching him ?, who was protecting him ? If I hit you with a 2X4 everytime you turned around how long before you stopped turning around ? And IF Kubiak is the GURU you say he is, why can't he teach Carr ? Don't give me the don't blame the teacher crap either, Kubiaks best years ,and work, were with the man who replaced him in Denver Elway. So now after one year was it Elway or was it Kubiak ?, was it a combo ? If yes who is the Elway that will help us, because it is certanly NOT PLUMMER.

You hit on Kub is unjustified. Kub did help Carr to an extent, but when you have been pounded with a 2x4 for 4 years, it still sticks in your mind no matter what your mentor/coach says. Kub could have 'saved' him if he was in year two or maybe even three... but four years of punishment is alot to overcome and untrain.

SAMURAITEXAN
03-09-2007, 11:52 AM

105 pages, 2087 posts

Wow it was over 100 pages _/\○_    _| ̄|・;∵..-=≡○  ズドーン

texan's blue
03-09-2007, 11:53 AM
What the hell are you talking about? i'm not trying to make people feel bad about anything & i'm sorry if YOU or anyone else feels that way but it isn't my intention. I, like pretty much any other Texans fan, understand that it's time to go in a new direction, where i don't know, but off of a 30 sec. mentioning that talks of nothing else surrounding what could possibly happen? & everyone in this thread is acting like the deal is
already done. Where am i defending him in any of my posts in this thread?

Reading Comprehension........ you know, that skill they teach you in Elementary school, you should try it some time it'll help you out a little, especially on here.

:shots: One on me for everybody in here... let's not get this one locked up too...

HuttoKarl
You hit on Kub is unjustified. Kub did help Carr to an extent, but when you have been pounded with a 2x4 for 4 years, it still sticks in your mind no matter what your mentor/coach says. Kub could have 'saved' him if he was in year two or maybe even three... but four years of punishment is alot to overcome and untrain.

I'm not buying the Head Coach working with the QB so closely. Head Coaches don't do that...QB coaches do and Offensive Coodinators do. Head Coaches have EVERYTHING to worry about.

nunusguy
http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03/07/mario-williams-selling-his-house-for-2-million/
I dunno, but maybe Mario is part of a package to be traded with Carr because
apparently he's putting his Memorial Drive pad on the market ?
Seriously, maybe he wants to move to be in the SL/MC area to be with all of his treammates ?

El Amigo Invisible
03-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Kubiak should be able to fix Carr.Kubiak was a quarterback and he should be able to revive Carr just like he did for Plummer. Carr can not be taught?

SAMURAITEXAN
03-09-2007, 11:56 AM
2087posts
_| ̄| _| ̄D  _| ̄D  _| ̄|○ ε=_| ̄|○ _| ̄|・;∵..-=≡○

This should help add another post.

Errant Hothy
03-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Kubiak should be able to fix Carr.Kubiak was a quarterback and he should be able to revive Carr just like he did for Plummer. Carr can not be taught?

Carr had over a year to learn the basics, and by the end of the year even Kubes was saying that Carr was not progressing at the rate he should.

real
03-09-2007, 11:58 AM

He's a head coach.

TexanFan881
03-09-2007, 11:59 AM
http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03/07/mario-williams-selling-his-house-for-2-million/
Seriously, maybe he wants to move to be in the SL/MC area to be with all of his treammates ?

No way we trade two #1 overall picks in the same trade...

Texan_Bill
Rofl.

Thats too funny.. I see what you are saying!!

Dime
I'm not buying the Head Coach working with the QB so closely. Head Coaches don't do that...QB coaches do and Offensive Coodinators do. Head Coaches have EVERYTHING to worry about.

I agree.. but a QB coach knows how the QB should look and everything that goes with it.. So we he sees it in practice, he would be more atune to correct it then any other position. Agreed?

santo
03-09-2007, 12:00 PM

Can you imagine if we did trade Mario Williams with Carr?

Reliant Stadium would be burned down to the ground...

Mass riots would occur throughout Houston...

Pandemonium would be everywhere....

LA would be getting a new team....

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Carr had over a year to learn the basics, and by the end of the year even Kubes was saying that Carr was not progressing at the rate he should.

Do you have a link? I don't remember that ever being said.... Thanks!!

Errant Hothy
03-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Can you imagine if we did trade Mario Williams with Carr?

Reliant Stadium would be burned down to the ground...

Mass riots would occur throughout Houston...

Pandemonium would be everywhere....

LA would be getting a new team....

NOT if we trade MW and Carr to Tenn for God.

santo
03-09-2007, 12:01 PM

True....:)

I take it back then....

El Amigo Invisible
03-09-2007, 12:02 PM

That would be nice.

real
03-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I agree.. but a QB coach knows how the QB should look and everything that goes with it.. So we he sees it in practice, he would be more atune to correct it then any other position. Agreed?

If Kubiak could just fix someone like that, why not fix someone cheaper.

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Well at least with VY, we wouldn't have to worry about investing too much into a # 2 receiver.....

:stirpot:

Dime
03-09-2007, 12:05 PM

Carr can be taught, but when you have being running all your life in the backfield from fear of being pummeled, it gets into your brain. If you cannot exist in the pocket without constantly being worried about being drilled like the former management allowed, then it that 'fear' will always be there. The only way to remove it is to get him into a totally new sitituation (away from this team) to rebuild his confidence in this area. Kub tried last year, but Carr was looking like a scared puppy in the pocket at times just waiting to be hit. Kub can show him what he needs to do and how, but he cant remove fears that Carr has developed in experience with our team.

O.G.
03-09-2007, 12:05 PM

105 pages, 2087 posts

Lol, thanks for the clarification. Man that thing kept going.....:wild:

Dime
03-09-2007, 12:06 PM

Thank you... someone who understands. In addition, why put so much effort in to someone who you might not be able to help when you can get a rook to groom from the git go.

santo
03-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Well at least with VY, we wouldn't have to worry about investing too much into a # 2 receiver.....

:stirpot:

Or a running back...

Wolf
03-09-2007, 12:07 PM
someone mentioned Carr and his batted balls..isn't that what can happen when someone is consistantly passing on 3 step drops?

Part of me hopes he gets traded for his career sake. yet part of me wonders what this MB would talk about without him...

Errant Hothy
03-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Do you have a link? I don't remember that ever being said.... Thanks!!

I don't, and I doubt he used those words but at teh end of the year I seem to remmeber Kubes no longer protecting Carr when he spoke to the media, and I infered that Kubes was a tad frustrated with David.

Poor wording on my part. Looking for a link...not finding one.

Maybe it came from my imagination, anybody else remember anything like this?

real
03-09-2007, 12:09 PM
someone mentioned Carr and his batted balls..isn't that what can happen when someone is consistantly passing on 3 step drops?

I wish I could see a percentage of how many of Carr's pass attempts were actually three step drops...

nunusguy
03-09-2007, 12:10 PM

Appraoching the Budster with that proposition would make him ecstatic beyond his wildest fantasies.
I'm not saying he'd make the trade, I'm sure he wouldn't. Just the idea of him having McNair and the Texans come begging, come groveling to him for VY.

Wolf
03-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I wish I could see a percentage of how many of Carr's pass attempts were actually three step drops...
depends on the definition of "Drop" :heh:

drop as in "throw" or drop as in "sack" :D

real
03-09-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't, and I doubt he used those words but at teh end of the year I seem to remmeber Kubes no longer protecting Carr when he spoke to the media, and I infered that Kubes was a tad frustrated with David.

I don't know if he said those words exactly, but who cares....

If you can't tell by now that Kubiak and the rest of the orginization were less than impressed with the play of David, then denial is a serious problem in your life...

SAMURAITEXAN
03-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Lol, thanks for the clarification. Man that thing kept going.....:wild:

That' right! You are the one started that moulds thread.

real
03-09-2007, 12:14 PM
depends on the definition of "Drop" :heh:

drop as in "throw" or drop as in "sack" :D

Michael Vick's been one of the most sacked QB's over the past two seasons, and this year he was taken down more than Carr...

Yet we diss him, and make excuses for Dave. A bit of a double standard, especially seeing how David had a beast at wide out and vick...well....didn't...

QB75

Part of me hopes he gets traded for his career sake. yet part of me wonders what this MB would talk about without him...

It's not difficult to figure out. Fans on this MB will undoubtedly find something else to whine and complain about.

HuttoKarl
So....Dave gone yet?

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 12:15 PM
maybe we traded him in for Hulk and now Hulk is workin' out and getting into football shape...hence the silence.

real
It's not difficult to figure out. Fans on this MB will undoubtedly find something else to whine and complain about.

Yeah like whining and complaining about whining and complaining....:rolleyes:

Texan_Bill
LOL.......It doesn't matter if he takes 3, 5, 7 yard drop.... this is what happens:

http://blogs.chron.com/nickanderson/archives/2006/12/help_david_carr.html

Mr teX

he probably could fix him, but it would require more time,money & patience with the org./fans/coaches & DC's pretty much run out of all that. It's time for him to move around for our sake as well as his.

QB75
03-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah like whining and complaining about whining and complaining....:rolleyes:

Exactly.

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 12:17 PM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. . . People move all the time, infact, my wife and I just sold our house, but that doesn't mean I am leaving my job.

real
03-09-2007, 12:18 PM
LOL.......It doesn't matter if he takes 3, 5, 7 yard drop.... this is what happens:

http://blogs.chron.com/nickanderson/archives/2006/12/help_david_carr.html

His recievers are WIDE OPEN....

All I see is a QB that held the ball too long...

HuttoKarl
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. . . People move all the time, infact, my wife and I just sold our house, but that doesn't mean I am leaving my job.

SWEET JESUS!!!

TexanPride is LEEEEEEEAVING!!!!

powerfuldragon
so many pages, but so little has been said.

El Amigo Invisible
03-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Michael Vick's been one of the most sacked QB's over the past two seasons, and this year he was taken down more than Carr...

Yet we diss him, and make excuses for Dave. A bit of a double standard, especially seeing how David had a beast at wide out and vick...well....didn't...

Vick has receivers. His receivers just have not lived up to their expectations.

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 12:21 PM

Funny how no WR who's been passed to by Vick has lived up to his expectations.

Spled
03-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Why do I get the feeling the "source" = Richard Justice.

pv1999
03-09-2007, 12:22 PM

Vick's recievers or Carr's?

real
03-09-2007, 12:23 PM

I'll venture to say that Vick would do more with A.J than Carr....JMO

TEXANRED

You noticed that too?

Texan_Bill

No worries!
I wasn't doubting you and I remember that Kubes was "not protecting" Carr, I just remember it being worded in a non-commital way (or a political sort of way)

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 12:25 PM
His recievers are WIDE OPEN....

All I see is a QB that held the ball too long...

Thats pretty funny!!

powerfuldragon
03-09-2007, 12:26 PM
so...uh...i still see david carr...on the top...uh...i want to see demeco ryans...uh...i already cleared my cookies...
i just refreshed two or three times and meco appeared.

rascous
03-09-2007, 12:26 PM

My understanding that the source reporting the possible Carr trade is a lawyer from Dallas.

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 12:28 PM
My understanding that the source reporting the possible Carr trade is a lawyer from Dallas.

It came from the Warren Commision...