PDA

View Full Version : Cold Pizza just reported a source says CARR WILL BE TRADED

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

DoCRoN
03-10-2007, 12:29 AM
I just wanted to recap...

This thread was started 13 hours ago...and we're already on page 39. If that's not a sign this was about David Carr, I don't know what is.

Let's see.. according to my calculations, that's 3 new pages per hour. Or a new page every 20 minutes. Wowzers. :beer:

bckey
03-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Anyone know the big 3 tell them to hurry up because "he" will not do a pay cut, you can forget it.

Its kind of like he hit the lottery. He has gotten paid mega millions for doing a poor job as qb. David is a great person but he has never earned what the Texans pay him. If anything he is grossly overpaid but so were some other Texans that were released. Thanks Charlie!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Compared to what Carr has given us, mediocrity sounds good right about now.

run-david-run
03-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Compared to what Carr has given us, mediocrity sounds good right about now.
Thats nice, lets blame 5 seasons of incompentence squarely on Carr...I wonder sometimes...

BSofA04
03-10-2007, 01:17 AM
What I have heard, Hou is dragging their feet and waiting for more and more instead of making the many deals that are out there. Make me mad, do it! already, stop asking for too much and do it allready. Anyone know the big 3 tell them to hurry up because "he" will not do a pay cut, you can forget it. Anyone that knows the big 3 tell them to make a desicion and hurry up, this guy does have feelings.

Thats it. Not answering nothing.

Funny, he hardley ever showed any emotion after a big loss. Suddenly David's feelings should dictate how the franchise should conduct business? Look, I respect the guy for being thrown in the fire and for getting back up most of the time, but leadership skills arn't a dime a dozen. Either you got it or you don't. Thank you David for everything you've done, but be thankful that the Texans are trying to cut you a fair deal. The Texans NO LONGER REVOLVE AROUND YOU!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-10-2007, 01:18 AM
I'm blaming Carr for his own mistakes. Ones he has continued to make his entire 5 year tenure here in Houston and has yet to correct.

You Carr homers...I wonder sometimes...

NFLforher
03-10-2007, 01:19 AM
I have no hate but common sense, intellect and the ability to not be blinded by strengths and value that do not translate to on the field production against the number on the contract.

I watch the all of the games twice. Some in the stands and some on TV and the guy went into the Fresno Fall most of the time. He is soft.

Then you are blind.

NFLforher
03-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Nice Kubiak rant, it will surely curry favor with the less vested and knowledgeable folks.

Like yourself?

NFLforher
03-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Pot is not your friend.. it has made you into a raging retard.

:yahoo: :dance2:

Sweet.

NFLforher
03-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Then let's hear it for mediocrity. Bring on Sage.:dance2:

That's about it.

Texans Pride
03-10-2007, 01:30 AM
NFL....your getting a little crazy here....maybe you should step away from the keyboard for a few....

NFLforher
03-10-2007, 01:32 AM
NFL....your getting a little crazy here....maybe you should step away from the keyboard for a few....

Ah, I just got back on. :) I'm responding to posts that were directed at me.

Texans Pride
03-10-2007, 01:35 AM
Ah, I just got back on. :) I'm responding to posts that were directed at me.

Are you the woman in the picture? I am trying to figure out your handle

NFLforher
03-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Are you the woman in the picture? I am trying to figure out your handle

You don't know? Lol.. it's not me. PM coming your way.

Texans Pride
03-10-2007, 01:46 AM
You don't know? Lol.. it's not me.

lol, no i don't know....I don't know you. How do I know if you are a man or a woman?

Do you know which one I am in my picture?

NFLforher
03-10-2007, 01:51 AM
lol, no i don't know....I don't know you. How do I know if you are a man or a woman?

Do you know which one I am in my picture?

You'll understand when you read my PM.

2BCF
03-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Funny, he hardley ever showed any emotion after a big loss. Suddenly David's feelings should dictate how the franchise should conduct business? Look, I respect the guy for being thrown in the fire and for getting back up most of the time, but leadership skills arn't a dime a dozen. Either you got it or you don't. Thank you David for everything you've done, but be thankful that the Texans are trying to cut you a fair deal. The Texans NO LONGER REVOLVE AROUND YOU!

Amen to that!

tsip
03-10-2007, 02:15 AM
What I have heard, Hou is dragging their feet and waiting for more and more instead of making the many deals that are out there. Make me mad, do it! already, stop asking for too much and do it allready. Anyone know the big 3 tell them to hurry up because "he" will not do a pay cut, you can forget it. Anyone that knows the big 3 tell them to make a desicion and hurry up, this guy does have feelings.

Thats it. Not answering nothing.

...glad you're not answering because you haven't been right on anything yet-you still think 20 teams want David?...closer to zip-ola, I believe...

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 02:38 AM
...glad you're not answering because you haven't been right on anything yet-you still think 20 teams want David?...closer to zip-ola, I believe...

would you want the guy if you were a GM? bad QB play and a horrible contract. not exactly the type of deal you make if you want to keep your job. he is a bum and its not exactly a secret around the league thus the lack of interest.

the day the bum is driven out of town will be the day the Texans take their first steps towards respectability

HuttoKarl
03-10-2007, 07:53 AM
would you want the guy if you were a GM? bad QB play and a horrible contract. not exactly the type of deal you make if you want to keep your job. he is a bum and its not exactly a secret around the league thus the lack of interest.

the day the bum is driven out of town will be the day the Texans take their first steps towards respectability

Bet that "bum" is better off than your brother.

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Then you are blind.

Four words.

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Like yourself?

Two words.

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2007, 08:18 AM
:yahoo: :dance2:

Sweet.

And finally a one word post. The insight that flows is poetry in motion like one of Carr's three yard passes.

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Alright people lets quite attacking each other before this thread gets locked.

over 20k views

790 replies

40 pages

Hate to see all that work and effort go to waste.

But thats just me.

Hulk75
03-10-2007, 09:51 AM

Believe what you like.

Runner
03-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Alright people lets quite attacking each other before this thread gets locked.

This thread is steeped in courage dot com.

Koolaid Time
03-10-2007, 10:09 AM

How about NFL Europe? Trade him to a German team for a 1000 kegs of Spaten.

thunderkyss
03-10-2007, 10:31 AM
You had made the comment that Carr doesnt care what happens here after he is gone and you made it sound like it was a bad thing. I was just asking the question of would you care.

Think of the worst job and the worst boss you ever had, after you left did you with that company well or try and keep track of how they were doing?

My point was that QB75, Hulk75, and every other fan who thinks we should continue to start David Carr is not a Houston Texans fan, and are in fact David Carr fans... Most of them are also from the state of California. Since your location isn't displayed, I'd bet that you are also from the sunshine state, and care more about the David Carr succeeding, than the Texans succeeding.

IMHO, y'all aren't any better than the Vince Young fans who stopped supporting the Texans after they passed on him.

Starting David Carr again, would be just plain stupid. Regardless of the status of our OL, or the quality of their performance, we need to find someone who can produce behind them, until we get it fixed. That's what they did in Miami, Arizona, Buffalo, Baltimore, Detroit, Dallas, Jacksonville, Cleveland, etc... etc... that's what teams do, they try to find a way to win, no matter what.

I know it's easy to say that no one could have played better behind our line, but we don't know, because we wasted so much time proving that David can't.

yourfavoritetexan42
03-10-2007, 10:33 AM
My point was that QB75, Hulk75, and every other fan who thinks we should continue to start David Carr is not a Houston Texans fan, and are in fact David Carr fans... Most of them are also from the state of California. Since your location isn't displayed, I'd bet that you are also from the sunshine state, and care more about the David Carr succeeding, than the Texans succeeding.

IMHO, y'all aren't any better than the Vince Young fans who stopped supporting the Texans after they passed on him.

Starting David Carr again, would be just plain stupid. Regardless of the status of our OL, or the quality of their performance, we need to find someone who can produce behind them, until we get it fixed. That's what they did in Miami, Arizona, Buffalo, Baltimore, Detroit, Dallas, Jacksonville, Cleveland, etc... etc... that's what teams do, they try to find a way to win, no matter what.

I know it's easy to say that no one could have played better behind our line, but we don't know, because we wasted so much time proving that David can't.

Id rather throw our season with someone with potential (carr) than throw it with somoene with none (rosenfels)

thunderkyss
03-10-2007, 10:35 AM
How about the fans with blind hatred, do you think they will disappear as well?

Blind hatred?? with what happened in '06, how can you say it's blind hatred. You just saw what all the "haters" have been saying for years. No matter how good the rest of the team is, Carr won't be any better than sub-par.

Now it apears that some of the players feel the same way... Moulds had only been here for one year, and he feels that way. It appears the head coach, & the GM feels that way as well.

It's not blind hatred, when we all start seeing what they've been saying for years...

College Texan
03-10-2007, 10:37 AM
I've been the biggest Carr supporter and if he ends up leaving I just have to say that he still has my support no matter where he goes. He's gave us all he has, no one can argue that he didn't play hard every time. We've never known the Texans without Carr and it will be a different era for the team. Its disgusting to see all the carr-haters out there, I hope you all leave if Carr leaves.

2BCF
03-10-2007, 10:41 AM
I've been the biggest Carr supporter and if he ends up leaving I just have to say that he still has my support no matter where he goes. He's gave us all he has, no one can argue that he didn't play hard every time. We've never known the Texans without Carr and it will be a different era for the team. Its disgusting to see all the carr-haters out there, I hope you all leave if Carr leaves.

People that want Carr gone are called Texan Fans. They root for the team not just one inept player.
If 5 years of inconsistent, stumbling & fumbling play hasn't convinced you of that, nothing will.

thunderkyss
03-10-2007, 10:43 AM
he still has potential, and until we give him a god damn o-line then we can judge. until then give the kid a break.

I think Pitts, Weary, Winston, Hogdon, & Spencer still have potential, and we can't judge that, until we get a competent QB behind them.

Has anyone really thought this rumor out? WAS has a young 1st rounder starting at QB, a proven veteran (who just restructured his contract) as a back up plus two other QBs on the roster. So the deal would be we send them Carr and out 8th overall for their 6th overall? This deal makes no sense at all. Someone is going to say maybe WAS doesn't want to pay the money for the 6th pick, well they can just pass ala MIN.

Not saying Carr wouldnt be traded, but WAS just doesnt seem like the destination.

No one said anything about sending Carr to Washington. More than likely, the speculation is that we'll get a third from Oakland(that was the first rumor, that Carr was traded, and we'd here more, by the end of the day, Friday, but we didn't), then we'd probably send our third, and our 1st to Washington For their 1st. Washington has no picks in the 2nd & 3rd rounds, and that is what they are looking for, picks.

PapaL
03-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Because Rosenfels is not going to get you to a superbowl. If your happy with going 8-8, then Rosenfels is for you.

That would still be better then anything DC has done. Sage to the 8-8 rescue?

PapaL
03-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Id rather throw our season with someone with potential (carr) than throw it with somoene with none (rosenfels)

Wow, 5 year potential? In those 5 years I have managed to make child, raise him, teach him to talk and potty train him. Yet DC is still wearing the same diaper from 5 years ago. Potential? Hmmm.

PapaL
03-10-2007, 11:04 AM
No one said anything about sending Carr to Washington. More than likely, the speculation is that we'll get a third from Oakland(that was the first rumor, that Carr was traded, and we'd here more, by the end of the day, Friday, but we didn't), then we'd probably send our third, and our 1st to Washington For their 1st. Washington has no picks in the 2nd & 3rd rounds, and that is what they are looking for, picks.

The rumor that was floated early in this thread was DC and our 8th for WAS's 6th. With us "possibly" taking Quinn with the 6th pick. Its some where in the first 20+ pages.

FILO_girl
03-10-2007, 11:09 AM
This thread should have started with a disclaimer:
"Before clicking link, have half rack of beer on ice in cooler next to desk, comfy clothes and snacks already lined up and use the toilet, you will be here awhile."

By far one of the most interesting and hilarious threads in a loooong time. One of the best train wrecks y'all have put out in ages. Coming into this on page 40 is a bit overwhelming, but worth the Saturday morning time loss.

Keep up the banter/sarcasm/insider insinuations...and let me know when Carr goes North or West (or East or South).

Carry on.....:gathering:

SamuraiSword
03-10-2007, 11:12 AM
I thought DC was traded. :( Is this another smokescreen again??

thunderkyss
03-10-2007, 11:15 AM
The rumor that was floated early in this thread was DC and our 8th for WAS's 6th. With us "possibly" taking Quinn with the 6th pick. Its some where in the first 20+ pages.

no, that was never the rumor. The rumor started with Pascherelli(sp) saying we have a gentlemans agreement with Washington to trade up if Quinn was available. no details of the cost to trade with Washington.

It may have changed to a poster on this board saying we're sending David to Washington, but just like you said, that don't make sense.

If the Washington rumor was true, we shouldn't have known about it before draft day, & there would be no further information available at the end of the day.

The David Carr traded rumor was followed by a,"we should here more by the end of the day". That was most likely a trade to the Raiders for a third(which I'd be ecstatic if that were the case). If we were to get a third from the raiders, that would allow us to offer our third in the move to swap picks with Washington. We'd basically move up in the first, and the third rounds.

these are all just rumors, & this is the only way the trade up(without giving up draft picks) could be conceivable.

We are not going to give up draft picks to move up(not our own anyway), and Washington is not going to take David Carr alone to swap picks.

PapaL
03-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Today I heard we're trading DC to Notre Dame for Brady Quinn. Plus I also heard we're winning the SuperBowl "real soon."

More info not to follow.

PapaL
03-10-2007, 11:18 AM
no, that was never the rumor. The rumor started with Pascherelli(sp) saying we have a gentlemans agreement with Washington to trade up if Quinn was available. no details of the cost to trade with Washington.

It may have changed to a poster on this board saying we're sending David to Washington, but just like you said, that don't make sense.

If the Washington rumor was true, we shouldn't have known about it before draft day, & there would be no further information available at the end of the day.

The David Carr traded rumor was followed by a,"we should here more by the end of the day". That was most likely a trade to the Raiders for a third(which I'd be ecstatic if that were the case). If we were to get a third from the raiders, that would allow us to offer our third in the move to swap picks with Washington. We'd basically move up in the first, and the third rounds.

these are all just rumors, & this is the only way the trade up(without giving up draft picks) could be conceivable.

We are not going to give up draft picks to move up(not our own anyway), and Washington is not going to take David Carr alone to swap picks.

Basically we're saying the same thing; someone "heard" of a trade that doesn't mke sense and mixed in with one that "might" sense. 41 pages later and he's still the starting QB for us. Guess the power of positive thinking doesn't apply here.

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Blind hatred?? with what happened in '06, how can you say it's blind hatred. You just saw what all the "haters" have been saying for years. No matter how good the rest of the team is, Carr won't be any better than sub-par.

You misunderstand, I was referring to Honeymoon's attack of people who aren't from Texas, and the hope they would be gone after Carr is traded. Nothing to do with Carr as a player.

There are a lot of people on this message board that are from other states and countries that, for some bizarre reason, like the Texans, and not b/c of one player.

I welcome all of them and hope they get some Texan gear and were it around there home town.

Go Texans!

football freak
03-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Does anyone see a trade for a starting QB any where in the works? I know we won't have DC when the season starts. Anyone see a deal lining up? I really don't believe we would tip our hand that we have a deal in place for another team to make a move to go any higher. Sounds too much like forcing someone's hand to me.

freedoggy77
03-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Today I heard we're trading DC to Notre Dame for Brady Quinn. Plus I also heard we're winning the SuperBowl "real soon."

More info not to follow.

lol carr would do just as bad behind the fighting irish's horrible o-line why would they trade

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 11:29 AM

I have never, ever, ever, in over 1600 posts been irate, annoyed, and yelled at my computer than what your post just made me do.

I am from, born, raised, and lived my entire life, in Houston Texas.

Your not even a true Texan, your from Dallas which makes you pretty close to being an Oklahoman. And I say that with great sarcasm.

Don't care about the Texans. RRRRRRRRRRRRR. Your lucky this is a family MB.

aj.
03-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Wow, 5 year potential? In those 5 years I have managed to make child, raise him, teach him to talk and potty train him. Yet DC is still wearing the same diaper from 5 years ago. Potential? Hmmm.

Yeah, funny. Not funny ha ha either.

My daughter had just started 7th grade when Carr played his first game here. She's now looking forward to going off to college in a few short months.

Just a few more pieces and we'll get there.

Marcus
03-10-2007, 11:40 AM
It just mind boggling that the longest thread in MB history is over a stupid rumor about a trade, which anyone with a lick of sense would tell you that it would be totally moronic to make until the day of the draft.

But I guess if you're going buy anything that Len Pasquarelli sells, that would explain everything.:crazy: :gun:

Errant Hothy
03-10-2007, 11:46 AM
So glad to see that nothing happened while I was asleep...like I thought anything would.

keyfro
03-10-2007, 11:46 AM
wow this is a long thread and it's gone for carr is traded to smokescreen for brady quinn to instulting other board members to the usuall carr bashing...it's a darn good thing we keep to the topic on this board other-wise this might look silly

Marcus
03-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I just wish that a moderator, any moderator, would kill this thread.

WaywardTexanFan
03-10-2007, 11:54 AM
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=36409

Here we go again...

Erratic Assassin
03-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Thats nice, lets blame 5 seasons of incompentence squarely on Carr...I wonder sometimes...

How many games has Andre Johnson lost since becoming a Texan? That must mean he's a loser. Come to think of it, Dunta Robinson hasn't won us any games either. I guess he's a loser too.

football freak
03-10-2007, 11:58 AM
sorry haven't been on in a couple of weeks. thanks for the sarcasm.

keyfro
03-10-2007, 11:58 AM

agreed

Specnatz
03-10-2007, 12:07 PM

Wow 2nd you call him more names than anyone on this board. Your hatred is beyond comprehention. If you do not like him as a QB fine and if you want someone else fine but you take it to the level of a 5th grader with the name calling.

Sometimes you have good points but try and do it without the name calling, and also remember it is just your opinion and you are intitled to it, just as I am intitled to mine.

powerfuldragon
03-10-2007, 12:14 PM
why is this thread still alive?

MATRIX
03-10-2007, 12:14 PM
No idea what happened to it.

But, I had a post yesterday that I got from the Redskins forum. Houston has been speaking with them about a swap #8 for #6(they get a 3rder i belive also). To allow Houston to get Quinn, however maybe it wouldn't be Quinn. Still, they didn't say a word about moving Carr in the post. And it came from the GM of the Redskins and was reported on ESPN.com as well.

MATRIX
03-10-2007, 12:21 PM

Wrong, I posted it lastnight, but it vanished. Washington has spoke to Houston, and will trade the #8 for #6...and we give a 3rder up. CARR isn't involved in this deal. And the deal is to get Quinn OR whoever the real target is. Houston feels he won't last past #6. So, do the math and see who you feel it is. At #6, alot of guys will be around.

DL, OL, TE, RB, QB All have been mentioned as OUR choice. I still see us taking an OL/DL or AP if we can...then getting Stanton or Kolb later.

Carr will start, and if he messes up...either Sage or the rookie will play. Then they cut Carr after the season.

This isn't just a Redskins message board topic either. It cam from ESPN.com(I posted the link lastnight) and the article is from the Skins GM.

petedy
03-10-2007, 12:24 PM

Oh dear God,kill this thread now.This is how the Hebrews must of felt wondering in the desert for forty years.

potisyourfriend
03-10-2007, 12:30 PM
you're right.. we should take the money that we WOULD have paid a QB..and invest it in a Time Machine.

The only thing more annoying than nails on a chalkboard, is whiny people who cant let go of the past... they just wanna sit and say "why didnt we! why didnt we! why didnt we!"..

just.. god.. go sit in a corner somewhere and cry about it for 15 years.

Pot is not your friend.. it has made you into a raging retard.

That's fine, but they blew the draft by skipping Reggie Bush too.. And I sure as hell wished there was a time machine just like most people on here do.. Everyone knew, EVERYONE, that Carr was a bust.. What the hell did he ever do in College? Please tell me... He never won the big game or a game that meant something..

Nice childish remark, are you still in junior high? Try to stick to the topic at hand if that's possible.. I really don't need someone to act like a kid..

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 12:39 PM

why do you think carr has potential? because he was drafted #1 by Asserley? what has carr shown in 5 years to make you believe he has potential....its like some of you dont even watch the games....

JUST BECAUSE HE WAS DRAFTED #1 OVERALL DOESNT MEAN HE IS GOOD!!!!

Heath Shuler
03-10-2007, 12:40 PM
It just mind boggling that the longest thread in MB history is over a stupid rumor about a trade, which anyone with a lick of sense would tell you that it would be totally moronic to make until the day of the draft.

But I guess if you're going buy anything that Len Pasquarelli sells, that would explain everything.:crazy: :gun:

If you give a starving man some crumbs of bread, I think it would be the best tasting thing he had ever eaten.

A lot of Texans fans want to see Carr gone. I donít honestly believe that some people can continue to support a QB that over the last 10 games of the season had the same amount of TD passes as illegal forward pass penalties; without have some other agenda.

I think the rumor is far fetched and not very believable, but I will gladly listen to anything that gives me hope that Carr is not our QB next year.

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 12:43 PM
You misunderstand, I was referring to Honeymoon's attack of people who aren't from Texas, and the hope they would be gone after Carr is traded. Nothing to do with Carr as a player.

There are a lot of people on this message board that are from other states and countries that, for some bizarre reason, like the Texans, and not b/c of one player.

I welcome all of them and hope they get some Texan gear and were it around there home town.

Go Texans!

if you are still supporting Carr after this 5 year trainwreck you are a Carr fan not a Texans fan. Chances are also you are either a member of his family, congregation, or from California. So hoping Carr fans leave this board once he is discarded is an attack? believe me, i have attacked no one who posts on this board. criticized maybe.

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 12:44 PM
I have never, ever, ever, in over 1600 posts been irate, annoyed, and yelled at my computer than what your post just made me do.

I am from, born, raised, and lived my entire life, in Houston Texas.

Your not even a true Texan, your from Dallas which makes you pretty close to being an Oklahoman. And I say that with great sarcasm.

Don't care about the Texans. RRRRRRRRRRRRR. Your lucky this is a family MB.

please cry more

thunderkyss
03-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Wrong, I posted it lastnight, but it vanished. Washington has spoke to Houston, and will trade the #8 for #6...and we give a 3rder up. CARR isn't involved in this deal. And the deal is to get Quinn OR whoever the real target is. Houston feels he won't last past #6. So, do the math and see who you feel it is. At #6, alot of guys will be around.

??

My point was that Carr was not being rumored to be traded to Washington. That's it, you've just backed me up.

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Wow 2nd you call him more names than anyone on this board. Your hatred is beyond comprehention. If you do not like him as a QB fine and if you want someone else fine but you take it to the level of a 5th grader with the name calling.

Sometimes you have good points but try and do it without the name calling, and also remember it is just your opinion and you are intitled to it, just as I am intitled to mine.

he is a bum. its a pretty innocuous word imho. and btw i dont hate david carr, i hate david carr playing for the Texans because he is a bum and he sucks.

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 12:48 PM
please cry more

thank you Doug from the Woodlands.

vincevance
03-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Further proof McClain is a PITA owner. Letting this Carr crap drag on this long is ridiculous. It just goes to show how dangerous it is drafting a guy who plays great but is just limited by his physical tools. David Carr will go down as a poor man's version of I dunno, Jim Zorn or Davey Krieg or one of those gamer little guys who teased you and cuckolded management on potential for the better part of a decade. In the end, they were huge disappointments and a waste of time for the fans and franchise. David Carr, as I said, is a poor man's version of this dreck.

Hulk75
03-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Further proof McClain is a PITA owner. Letting this Carr crap drag on this long is ridiculous. It just goes to show how dangerous it is drafting a guy who plays great but is just limited by his physical tools. David Carr will go down as a poor man's version of I dunno, Jim Zorn or Davey Krieg or one of those gamer little guys who teased you and cuckolded management on potential for the better part of a decade. In the end, they were huge disappointments and a waste of time for the fans and franchise. David Carr, as I said, is a poor man's version of this dreck.

Thanks Vince.:dontknowa

MATRIX
03-10-2007, 12:58 PM
??

My point was that Carr was not being rumored to be traded to Washington. That's it, you've just backed me up.

Sorry quoted the wrong post. But, yea no mention of Carr in a draft day trade w/ Washington.

Face it kiddies, Carr isn't going anywhere unless he smells up the practice feild during training camp. It will be a battle of him and the rookie(likely Kolb as it seems to indicate)I hope Stanton , with Sage as #2. Don't be fooled into thinking Sage will start. He just isn't starter material unless it's the CFL or Arena...NFL Europe maybe.

Matter fact, they should of sent Carr to Europe to play some with a decent line to get over the fear of eating turf 10 times a game. Have him play say 4 games and then return.

Sage and a rookie won't beat Carr out in practice. So, it's his job to loose during the season. That we all should know as everyone(even Carr doubters on the team...see DR), in practice he is Manning. He will have to loose the job under a real game situation to loose it.

powerfuldragon
03-10-2007, 12:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/killermonkies.jpg
reminds me of this thread.

Hulk75
03-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Breaking News!

David Carr left McDonalds today halfway through his shift after only completing 3 of 17 orders correctly, dropping 3 milkshakes (for spills) and giving 2 orders to the wrong people. At the point he left his shift, he earned a 0.0 McRating. The daytime supervisor will definitely have a lot to consider in making the shift plan for the following week, as David has left him little choice. On a related note, McDonalds has just hired a 15 year old high-schooler from the local area and a 45 year old man who has several years of experience at Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell and, most recently, KFC to supplant the floundering McCarr. David has showed no poise behind the counter....often staring at the customer from the moment they walk in the door and sometimes tripping over fellow employees. It has been noted that his mechanics are flawed as well, as he pats the burger several times before giving to the customer.

:zzz: ..........

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Breaking News!

David Carr left McDonalds today halfway through his shift after only completing 3 of 17 orders correctly, dropping 3 milkshakes (for spills) and giving 2 orders to the wrong people. At the point he left his shift, he earned a 0.0 McRating. The daytime supervisor will definitely have a lot to consider in making the shift plan for the following week, as David has left him little choice. On a related note, McDonalds has just hired a 15 year old high-schooler from the local area and a 45 year old man who has several years of experience at Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell and, most recently, KFC to supplant the floundering McCarr. David has showed no poise behind the counter....often staring at the customer from the moment they walk in the door and sometimes tripping over fellow employees. It has been noted that his mechanics are flawed as well, as he pats the burger several times before giving to the customer.

If you had ever worked a Burger King drive through during the Old Town Spring Crawfish Fest you would not think this post is that funny.

I am having flashbacks.

Specnatz
03-10-2007, 01:02 PM
if you are still supporting Carr after this 5 year trainwreck you are a Carr fan not a Texans fan. Chances are also you are either a member of his family, congregation, or from California. So hoping Carr fans leave this board once he is discarded is an attack? believe me, i have attacked no one who posts on this board. criticized maybe.

He is still on the team so I support him. Heck I support Curry Burns because he is on the team.

That's fine, but they blew the draft by skipping Reggie Bush too.. And I sure as hell wished there was a time machine just like most people on here do.. Everyone knew, EVERYONE, that Carr was a bust.. What the hell did he ever do in College? Please tell me... He never won the big game or a game that meant something..

Nice childish remark, are you still in junior high? Try to stick to the topic at hand if that's possible.. I really don't need someone to act like a kid..

Is it not acting childish by whinning, crying and complaining about something that is almost a year old and you can do nothing to change it. As far as you saying everyone knew, why is it that other teams are interrested in him? Why is it that individuals all told McNair that Carr will produce given protection and actually a decent #2 WR and a TE plus with an actual running game. This is starting to add up to a lot of people who did not know Carr was a bust. Maybe it is the drugs that make you think you know exactly what everyone is thinking.

NFLforher
03-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Two words.

You can count too?

Answer key: (4)

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Is it not acting childish by whinning, crying and complaining about something that is almost a year old and you can do nothing to change it. As far as you saying everyone knew, why is it that other teams are interrested in him? Why is it that individuals all told McNair that Carr will produce given protection and actually a decent #2 WR and a TE plus with an actual running game. This is starting to add up to a lot of people who did not know Carr was a bust. Maybe it is the drugs that make you think you know exactly what everyone is thinking.

saying carr was a worthwhile reclaimation project was part and parcel of taking the Texans jobs. those incoming candidates opinions arent worth squat due to this. it's obvious Kubes opinion changed in little more than 9 months.....

powerfuldragon
03-10-2007, 01:09 PM
this thread contains some of the steamiest, ripest crap i've ever seen.

Specnatz
03-10-2007, 01:14 PM
saying carr was a worthwhile reclaimation project was part and parcel of taking the Texans jobs. those incoming candidates opinions arent worth squat due to this. it's obvious Kubes opinion changed in little more than 9 months.....

I do not think it was a prerequsit for anyone getting the Texans job to say Carr was worth it. I honestly believe that they thought he was. The reason that there are QB bust in the NFL is because no matter how much game film and interviews you have with someone there is only one way of fully knowing what you have is to see it in action.

Now, I still do not believe Carr is a bust. I do feel under Casserly the organization not only failed Carr but also other teammates that have been here by not drafting better and actually getting better players at key positions like the O-line. With this said I do believe it is time to make a change at the QB position and for Carr to continue his career else where.

NFLforher
03-10-2007, 01:23 PM
this thread contains some of the steamiest, ripest crap i've ever seen.

Yes, it has and I've responded to some of it. No more.

This thread should be locked.

Pantherstang84
03-10-2007, 01:24 PM

You know I have resisted this thread until now but I'm bored. Keep in mind this is just my opinion and it's like an *****#)!e, everybody has one.

I don't know if #8 will be on the roster in 07. That's left up to the FO because they make the big bucks. This being said...

I'm not sold on Quinn. Something about him just makes me leery of him. I can't put a finger on it. Maybe it's the X factor of not winning the big one.

Kolb- I dunno. My brain tells me that the love he gets on this board stems from him being out of UofH. I have to admit, I have not seen him play and I don't know how mobile he is. Can someone enlighten me? Can he move or is he another Bledsoe with a more accurate arm?

Stanton- Know nothing about him except what has been said on this board.

Carr- Well. I have had his back for 5 years. I have to say I was disappointed in him in 06. I though the QB guru could turn him around but now I have my doubts. Maybe the kid is just too shell shocked. A fresh start somewhere may do him some good and be good for the Texans in return. I really like the guy and his durability. There may be too much bad blood in Houston for him anymore. If he is somewhere else in 07, I will root for him.

Texans QB in 07: Be it Carr, Plummer, Rosenfels, Porter, Van Pelt, Quinn, Kolb, Stanton or the kid down the street from me. Whoever, is in steel blue under center for the Texans in 07 will get my 100% support. Because, well they will be the QB of my team. I will back them and cheer them on.

Because I am a Texan 1st, and an eternal optimist.:texan:

Dime
03-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Who do I bill? I just read this entire thread and am upset I took that amount of time away from my kids to read what turned out to be if Carr is great or not, and why he should start..

thunderkyss
03-10-2007, 01:36 PM

McClain doesn't own anything. He's a beat writer for the Houston Chronicle.

If you want to pretend to be a Texans fan, you kinda gotta get the basic sh1t right.

TD
03-10-2007, 01:40 PM
I have absolutely nothing of value to add to this thread (does that put me in the majority?) but I wanted to post just because its been very entertaining and I want to be part of the crowd.

El Amigo Invisible
03-10-2007, 01:41 PM
:whip:

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 01:43 PM
its a good thread.

hot pickle
03-10-2007, 01:44 PM
just trade him already so we can get the carr threads out of here...

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 01:48 PM
just trade him already so we can get the carr threads out of here...

/signed

steelbtexan
03-10-2007, 01:57 PM
I agree with specnatz

Marcus
03-10-2007, 02:10 PM
There's a famous quote that is distributed to employees of a company whenever a layoff rumor starts going around, and it should apply here . .

The ones that are talking, don't know, and the ones that know, ain't talking.

Texan in Japan
03-10-2007, 02:20 PM
We're 6 weeks out and I'm sure Rick knows to get max value he'll have to get teams excited about Carr. Depending on what teams they're targeting they'll have to manipulate the available talent to persuade the potential suitors that DC is a better choice. OAK seems the perfect spot for the DC reclamation project to start. If OAK will give us a 3rd this year, we can use that pick to help us barter for AP.

Double Barrel
03-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm still not completely convinced that Carr won't be in our training camp come August, contrary to popular opinions or desires.

The situation is twofold: what team is going to offer the value that our FO has established as the deal maker, and secondly, what available QB is going to be an upgrade? I don't think we should take the cap hit for an ABC mentality ("anyone but Carr") if we end up with someone that is not better at the position.

Build a team and minimize the impact of the QB's importance in the offense. Basically, run it down the opponent's throats and protect leads with dominant defense. Teams have won championships with this plan of attack and solid [dare I say] execution. :victory:

MATRIX
03-10-2007, 02:29 PM
We're 6 weeks out and I'm sure Rick knows to get max value he'll have to get teams excited about Carr. Depending on what teams they're targeting they'll have to manipulate the available talent to persuade the potential suitors that DC is a better choice. OAK seems the perfect spot for the DC reclamation project to start. If OAK will give us a 3rd this year, we can use that pick to help us barter for AP.

PSSSSSSSSST...

We already have an agreement with Washington for the #6 spot for a 3rd round pick. And with what has happened in the last 2 days...#6 should get us AP. But, they will take Quinn...and see another WE NEED A QB in a year max. Reports from everywhere in the NFL.

MATRIX
03-10-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm still not completely convinced that Carr won't be in our training camp come August, contrary to popular opinions or desires.

The situation is twofold: what team is going to offer the value that our FO has established as the deal maker, and secondly, what available QB is going to be an upgrade? I don't think we should take the cap hit for an ABC mentality ("anyone but Carr") if we end up with someone that is not better at the position.

Build a team and minimize the impact of the QB's importance in the offense. Basically, run it down the opponent's throats and protect leads with dominant defense. Teams have won championships with this plan of attack and solid [dare I say] execution. :victory:

Carr will be here starting atleast 3 games. If he pulls it together, QB trouble over, if not they bench him and start Sage or a rookie till 2008 draft. I do not see a QB being taken, at 6 or 8. I belive the deal is legit for the #6 pick and I belive it will be AP or an OL/DL player.

IF we grab a QB watch it be Kolb or Stanton come RD 2-4. If half(and it looks like more) aren't sold on Quinn. You can bet half the FO feels the same, but also bet they DO FEEL AP would provide impact from day 1.

football freak
03-10-2007, 02:38 PM
I guess I just don't believe the Texans would leak information that could help another team to move ahead of the #6 pick if they didn't have another plan in place. Has anyone seen any paperwork on Plummer? Was the press conference a part of a well thought out plan?

Marcus
03-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I guess I just don't believe the Texans would leak information that could help another team to move ahead of the #6 pick if they didn't have another plan in place.

That's why there's nothing to it. IF it was actually discussed between the two teams, if it leaked out, it would instantly kill the deal.

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2007, 03:02 PM
No need to lock in my opinion. When the market speaks vociferously and with volume and velocity it leaves a lasting footprint to be considered. Save for about four or five lemmings that will care less about the Texans (much like our QB) when Carr is gone.

I can't not wait to get the stink of softness off of this team.

Tulip
03-10-2007, 03:31 PM
I guess I just don't believe the Texans would leak information that could help another team to move ahead of the #6 pick if they didn't have another plan in place. Has anyone seen any paperwork on Plummer? Was the press conference a part of a well thought out plan?

They wouldn't leak it unless it was untrue and they could benefit. I can't see where they would benefit, so I assume another team leaked false information for their own gain.

Still no paperwork from Plummer. That press conference seemed designed to get Tampa to hurry up and do something.

thunderkyss
03-10-2007, 03:34 PM
I don't think we should take the cap hit for an ABC mentality ("anyone but Carr") if we end up with someone that is not better at the position.

We take a cap hit either way. Whether he plays, or doesn't.

If he Plays, we take a $7.75million cap hit.

If he doesn't, we take a $2million cap hit.

I'll take the $2million hit, and replace his mediocre play, with a guy we payed $2million last year to ride the bench. Sage is going to get $2million this year, whether he plays or watches... I'd rather he plays. Upgrade over Carr or not, it's worth it, to me, to move on.

Draft Quinn in the first, Draft Stanton in the second, Draft Kolb in the third... I don't care... but this team has been beating this dead horse for three years now.

Tulip
03-10-2007, 03:44 PM

I feel the opposite - even though they don't seem to be close to a solution, the Texans have painted themselves into a corner. Their very public lack of confidence in David during the off-season would likely influence his own confidence during the 2007 season if he were to stay.

IMO, if they don't upgrade (meaning similar talent, not performance) - they won't take a cap hit. The Texans save $3.75 million on the cap if they cut David. I assume paying a new QB more than $3.75 million this year means that it will be an upgrade.

That's great, except that teams that do that can't waste $7.5 million of cap space per year on the QB. That money needs to go elsewhere.

bad
03-10-2007, 03:52 PM
My point was that QB75, Hulk75, and every other fan who thinks we should continue to start David Carr is not a Houston Texans fan, and are in fact David Carr fans... Most of them are also from the state of California. Since your location isn't displayed, I'd bet that you are also from the sunshine state, and care more about the David Carr succeeding, than the Texans succeeding...
Three things I'd like to point out:

1. Florida is the Sunshine State.

2. California is the Golden State.

3. Any all-inclusive generalization of a group of people is a great way to make any arguments that follow seem shallow.

Specnatz
03-10-2007, 03:53 PM
PSSSSSSSSST...

We already have an agreement with Washington for the #6 spot for a 3rd round pick. And with what has happened in the last 2 days...#6 should get us AP. But, they will take Quinn...and see another WE NEED A QB in a year max. Reports from everywhere in the NFL.

Wow you are only giving a one year window for a QB to turn into Peyton Manning, Joe Montanna, Steve young and Dan Marino all rolled into one. That makes perfect illogical sense.

Double Barrel
03-10-2007, 04:03 PM
We take a cap hit either way. Whether he plays, or doesn't.

If he Plays, we take a $7.75million cap hit.

If he doesn't, we take a $2million cap hit.

I'll take the $2million hit, and replace his mediocre play, with a guy we payed $2million last year to ride the bench. Sage is going to get $2million this year, whether he plays or watches... I'd rather he plays. Upgrade over Carr or not, it's worth it, to me, to move on.

Draft Quinn in the first, Draft Stanton in the second, Draft Kolb in the third... I don't care... but this team has been beating this dead horse for three years now.

Good points...I'm just not convinced Rosenfels is the guy, and without the benefit of a consistent pass protection, at least Carr is mobile.

The money angle is what kills the deal of logically keeping him, tho'...

I feel the opposite - even though they don't seem to be close to a solution, the Texans have painted themselves into a corner. Their very public lack of confidence in David during the off-season would likely influence his own confidence during the 2007 season if he were to stay.

It's a very good point, and from a public relations pov, they are going to have egg on their face no matter what they do.

If rumors are true about McNair's role in keeping DC, I'm just not sure that he'll let the QB go without some kind of compensation. I'm not seeing decisions being made by our FO based solely on sound football judgements the past few years, especially if it's a case of the owner being directly involved with the process.

That's why I think there is a good chance that DC return to compete for the job in TC, simply because the owner won't let him go for whatever reason(s).

IMO, if they don't upgrade (meaning similar talent, not performance) - they won't take a cap hit. The Texans save $3.75 million on the cap if they cut David. I assume paying a new QB more than $3.75 million this year means that it will be an upgrade.

That's great, except that teams that do that can't waste $7.5 million of cap space per year on the QB. That money needs to go elsewhere.

These are great points, and like I mentioned with t'kyss' post, the money thing is where logic is thrown out the window.

I guess if the battle plan is a solid running game & dominant defense, we could go that route with a number of mediocre QBs and save some cap space to build that kind of team.

But the assets that Carr brings - his toughness and mobility - might still give him an advantage without the benefit of a proven offensive line. This has been one of our big weaknesses from day one, and a mediocre QB that can't escape might suffer the same fate (or worse) that Carr has for five seasons.

If there were plenty of QB choices to make (not including rookie prospects), I'd be more convinced that Carr will not be here. But looking at the current market, we've got slim pickings at best. We won't get an upgrade, outside of the money angle.

HoustonFrog
03-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Carr will be here starting atleast 3 games. If he pulls it together, QB trouble over, if not they bench him and start Sage or a rookie till 2008 draft. I do not see a QB being taken, at 6 or 8. I belive the deal is legit for the #6 pick and I belive it will be AP or an OL/DL player.

IF we grab a QB watch it be Kolb or Stanton come RD 2-4. If half(and it looks like more) aren't sold on Quinn. You can bet half the FO feels the same, but also bet they DO FEEL AP would provide impact from day 1.

I'll just repeat what I put in another thread

Actually, I think there is no chance he will be here in 2007. There is no way the coaches and GM are going into a season with Carr. You can't carry a guy who has been called out by teammates and has been openly floated as trade bait all off-season. He isn't in their plans at all. If there is anything certain to me right now it is that Sage is the starter, they are looking to draft a young guy and that they will pick up a backup along the way. Either way, it will be a 1-2 year training ground for the new guy. I prefer to take a guy in the 2nd or 3rd(Kolb or Stanton) instead of Quinn. I've said this many times now, we are at the point where you part ways and hope both parties do really well. The marriage itself here, though, is beyond repair and is hurting those left behind. I understand that there is Carr love out there but I really don't get how anyone can objectively look at the situation the whole organization and team is in right now and think Carr being back would be positive in any way, shape or form.

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 04:29 PM
No need to lock in my opinion. When the market speaks vociferously and with volume and velocity it leaves a lasting footprint to be considered. Save for about four or five lemmings that will care less about the Texans (much like our QB) when Carr is gone.

I can't not wait to get the stink of softness off of this team.

*stands up and applauds*

KT- the voice of reason

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Wow you are only giving a one year window for a QB to turn into Peyton Manning, Joe Montanna, Steve young and Dan Marino all rolled into one. That makes perfect illogical sense.

agreed. so because Carr got too long of a leash we can't give our next QB prospect any leash at all? that is the same flawed logic that says we cant take a QB this year because we passed on QB and resigned Carr last year...

if you dont admit your mistakes and learn from history, you are bound to repeat them over and over

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 04:33 PM

Actually, I think there is no chance he will be here in 2007. There is no way the coaches and GM are going into a season with Carr. You can't carry a guy who has been called out by teammates and has been openly floated as trade bait all off-season. He isn't in their plans at all. If there is anything certain to me right now it is that Sage is the starter, they are looking to draft a young guy and that they will pick up a backup along the way. Either way, it will be a 1-2 year training ground for the new guy. I prefer to take a guy in the 2nd or 3rd(Kolb or Stanton) instead of Quinn. I've said this many times now, we are at the point where you part ways and hope both parties do really well. The marriage itself here, though, is beyond repair and is hurting those left behind. I understand that there is Carr love out there but I really don't get how anyone can objectively look at the situation the whole organization and team is in right now and think Carr being back would be positive in any way, shape or form.

totally agree...the guy is as good as gone...enjoy the Arena League forums, Carr fans....don't let door hit you in your arse

HeroTime
03-10-2007, 04:42 PM

Actually, I think there is no chance he will be here in 2007. There is no way the coaches and GM are going into a season with Carr. You can't carry a guy who has been called out by teammates and has been openly floated as trade bait all off-season. He isn't in their plans at all. If there is anything certain to me right now it is that Sage is the starter, they are looking to draft a young guy and that they will pick up a backup along the way. Either way, it will be a 1-2 year training ground for the new guy. I prefer to take a guy in the 2nd or 3rd(Kolb or Stanton) instead of Quinn. I've said this many times now, we are at the point where you part ways and hope both parties do really well. The marriage itself here, though, is beyond repair and is hurting those left behind. I understand that there is Carr love out there but I really don't get how anyone can objectively look at the situation the whole organization and team is in right now and think Carr being back would be positive in any way, shape or form.Can you provide links to where he is openly floated as trade bait or "teammates" calling him out? Neither has happened. Of course lets not let truth into the mix.
The Organization from day one has said they are going to bring in a veteran QB to push Carr. So when they bring in Ramsey all the sudden then Carr is being "cut"? 1+1=5 must be the rationale.
Only player to say anything close to calling out Carr is Moulds after he was release, which is not suprising given the local media has went on a rampage to eliminate Carr, because he made the Texans pass on VY, much like Hitler tried to eliminate all Jews.

diff
03-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I would take him in Oakland (but that's not saying much considering what we have).

HoustonFrog
03-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Can you provide links to where he is openly floated as trade bait or "teammates" calling him out? Neither has happened. Of course lets not let truth into the mix. The Organization from day one has said they are going to bring in a veteran QB to push Carr. So when they bring in Ramsey all the sudden then Carr is being "cut"? 1+1=5 must be the rationale.
Only player to say anything close to calling out Carr is Moulds after he was release, which is not suprising given the local media has went on a rampage to eliminate Carr, because he made the Texans pass on VY, much like Hitler tried to eliminate all Jews.

You are kidding right?Have you been away on business?

Dunta Robinson

''I've been with David Carr for three years, and it just hasn't gotten the job done for us,'' he said. ''We haven't been able to win games. We haven't been able to get over that hump, and that's the reason why he was drafted. It's one of those business situation where you hate to see a guy like that go but it's probably best for the team if it does happen.''

This was on Cold Pizza on ESPN and was repeated in the Chronicle...here is the quote in the Justice blog

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2007/03/notes_on_the_lo.html

Here is ex-Texan Moulds:

When asked about playing with Carr he said "saying that at some point "the quarterback has to show that he can carry (the team)."

Other players have had words concerning Carr too, including Gary Walker, who got into it with Carr while leaving the field one game.

Both Smith and Kubiak have said that if something better comes along then they would "upgrade." They have been taking calls about him and dangling him for draft picks. What does that say about your standing when the team announces that you are their "better than nothing."(my quote).

If you think Moulds and Dunta are the only ones you are fooling yourself. Right now this isn't a "team." Would it really make sense to keep sticking with the same thing?

HeroTime
03-10-2007, 05:04 PM
You are kidding right?Have you been away on business?

Dunta Robinson

''I've been with David Carr for three years, and it just hasn't gotten the job done for us,'' he said. ''We haven't been able to win games. We haven't been able to get over that hump, and that's the reason why he was drafted. It's one of those business situation where you hate to see a guy like that go but it's probably best for the team if it does happen.''

This was on Cold Pizza on ESPN and was repeated in the Chronicle...here is the quote in the Justice blog

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2007/03/notes_on_the_lo.html

Here is ex-Texan Moulds:

When asked about playing with Carr he said "saying that at some point "the quarterback has to show that he can carry (the team)."

Both Smith and Kubiak have said that if something better comes along then they would "upgrade." They have been taking calls about him and dangling him for draft picks. What does that say about your standing when the team announces that you are their "better than nothing."(my quote).So one player said he would hate to see it happen. Wow, I guess that makes all sorts of "teamates". Moulds never said it as a teamate, he said it as a guy that was pissed he just got cut and spouts off.
Also where are the links from the organization that they are shopping Carr? They have said 2 things in realtion to Carr. 1. We are trying to get a veteran in to challenge him. 2. Amidst all the internet rumors they said a couple of teams called and they told them they will not give him away.

FYI, not saying it will or won't happen. Just saying people are running of the deep end with ever made up rumor or "smokescreen" out there.

football freak
03-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Can you provide links to where he is openly floated as trade bait or "teammates" calling him out? Neither has happened. Of course lets not let truth into the mix.
The Organization from day one has said they are going to bring in a veteran QB to push Carr. So when they bring in Ramsey all the sudden then Carr is being "cut"? 1+1=5 must be the rationale.

guess you work out of the country and just got in. Dunta made his remarks before Moulds did. Even the owner said they would upgrade anywhere they could.

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Can you provide links to where he is openly floated as trade bait or "teammates" calling him out? Neither has happened. Of course lets not let truth into the mix.

Sharper called out Carr (sent packing)
Glenn called out Carr (sent packing)
Walker called out Carr (sent packing)
Dunta called out Carr
Moulds called out Carr (sent packing)

btw, this was all public. how many have had made comments BEHIND the scenes? AJ didn't exactly give Carr a ringing endorsement when Ramsey came to town. next time you open your mouth about facts you may want to double check them.

also fwiw, I may make a lot of incendiary comments but I would never in a million years equate us passing on Young to Hitler's attempted genocide of the Jews. you may want to dial it down a bit on the Carr Homer Dial.

HoustonFrog
03-10-2007, 05:11 PM
So one player said he would hate to see it happen. Wow, I guess that makes all sorts of "teamates". Moulds never said it as a teamate, he said it as a guy that was pissed he just got cut and spouts off.
Also where are the links from the organization that they are shopping Carr? They have said 2 things in realtion to Carr. 1. We are trying to get a veteran in to challenge him. 2. Amidst all the internet rumors they said a couple of teams called and they told them they will not give him away.

FYI, not saying it will or won't happen. Just saying people are running of the deep end with ever made up rumor or "smokescreen" out there.

One player?Dunta is the leader of the defense and one of their top players. Do you really think that makes for a good locker room and that no other players think the same thing?What about Gary Walker..that I put in the earlier thread..most of it is out there.

As for the GM..enjoy

http://www.texansrock.com/More-David-Carr-Talk-Quotes-From-The-GM

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4575330.html

"Right now? Yes. He is our starting quarterback, and we're excited about him improving in this offense," Smith said Thursday at the NFL draft combine.

But does "right now" infer that he is going to be traded?

"That's the truth," Smith said. "I'm saying that that is a possibility.

"Stars have to line up correctly and the value has to be there, but we're going to improve our football team anyway that we can do so.

"If that includes some type of trade, then we'll entertain that. That does not mean that we're going to do that absolutely, but we'll entertain it. If I'm saying right now and you draw an inference (that Carr might be traded) from that, then you are correct."

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 05:11 PM
So one player said he would hate to see it happen. Wow, I guess that makes all sorts of "teamates". Moulds never said it as a teamate, he said it as a guy that was pissed he just got cut and spouts off.

ok, now you spout out more false information. Moulds asked to be released and Smith obliged him. Moulds was not pissed to leave...quite the contrary.

once again, you may want to check your facts before you open your mouth it only further sullies your weak case re: David Carr.

football freak
03-10-2007, 05:21 PM

maybe you should just admit you haven't been keeping up

Specnatz
03-10-2007, 05:47 PM
I would take him in Oakland (but that's not saying much considering what we have).

You can have him for a 4th round pick and the swap of 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Bert
03-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Dominick Williams needs to be taken off the banner and replaced with the other Williams, Super Mario.

GP
03-10-2007, 06:04 PM
I can deal with Carr being gone.

I can deal with Sage starting (although I think he's not nearly good enough to be the true starter).

But I CANNOT deal with Brady Quinn as our first round selection. Period.

You guys are to be applauded for your "We need to get rid of David Carr," and your "David Carr is holding this team back" rhetoric.

Well done. You're getting your way, and I have to say that I have changed my mind...I have been in support of trading David for a couple of months now. I see what you have been trying to get me to see.

But that does NOT, and should NOT, mean that we can select Brady Quinn and think that the issue at QB is going to resolve itself.

Drafting Brady Quinn is a mistake. As much of a mistake as drafting David Carr. It's the same thing.

You can say that Brady has some sort of advantage over David in terms of where they start from. Whatever.

They're the same guy.

And if Quinn is selected, then whoever the poster is that said that McNair passed on Vince Young because McNair is possibly against having a black QB...well, that poster just might be right. I shrugged it off at first, but drafting Quinn will tell me that this organization is interested in LOOKS and APPEARANCES.

I've rah-rah'ed this team's bone-headed moves, even when I felt it was a bad move. I've stood up and been a team guy the whole time. But drafting Quinn will be the last straw for me. It seriously will.

There is now way in Lubbock this team ought to draft Brady Quinn with its first round pick.

Get rid of Carr? Fine by me.

Draft Quinn? Let's just say I will visit this board from time to time as a former Texans fan to see how much hatred you can spew at Quinn just as it was dished out to his look-a-like (David Carr). It'll be the same old tired debate all over again: "Bad QB has to go."

Brady f'in Quinn.

Sheesh.........I can only hope this rumor doesn't come true.

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 06:24 PM
There is now way in Lubbock this team ought to draft Brady Quinn with its first round pick.

Draft Quinn? Let's just say I will visit this board from time to time as a former Texans fan to see how much hatred you can spew at Quinn just as it was dished out to his look-a-like (David Carr). It'll be the same old tired debate all over again: "Bad QB has to go."

Brady f'in Quinn.

haha. you had me until you said you would stop supporting the team if they drafted B.Quinn. I havent agreed with very much the organization has done over the course of these last 5 years but I would never stop being a fan of a team if they drafted a universally high rated QB at slot #8.

Bottom line is that you have to draft a talented QB in order to compete at the highest level consistently. Because there arent a lot of talented QBs period, well they tend to go in the 1st Round. There are a few exceptions of Super Bowl QBs not being drafted in the 1st Round but 9 times out of 10 your 'franchise QB' was selected in the 1st Round. Look at the Hall Of Fame QBs out there. How many were not selected in the 1st Round? Not that many.

Listen, I am totally against them having to pay to move up 2 slots to get Quinn. However, if Quinn falls to our lap at #8 or even Russell falls to our lap at #8 we need to take a chance and draft them. There is just too much value in getting a Top1 or 2 QB prospect coming out of college at #8. This aint the 1st overall pick yall. It is the #8. If we truly turn things around we wont be drafting #8 or earlier for a few years. Now is the time to pay the price for the future.

Quinn is a cerebral QB who has a good work ethic and knows how to deal with pressure both on and off the field. Is he a Elway or Manning like prospect? Probably not, he is somewhat shorter than you would like and his arm strength is not legendary like Russells. But he is a possible franchise Qb and they dont grow on trees as the last 5 years have told us. Either Quinn or Russell would be a total bargain at #8. Of that there is no doubt and you would have all the national media on your side for once. After all, we know how much ESPN hates our little podunk town :rollseyes:

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 06:32 PM

I can deal with Sage starting (although I think he's not nearly good enough to be the true starter).

You guys are to be applauded for your "We need to get rid of David Carr," and your "David Carr is holding this team back" rhetoric.

Well done. You're getting your way, and I have to say that I have changed my mind...I have been in support of trading David for a couple of months now. I see what you have been trying to get me to see.

But that does NOT, and should NOT, mean that we can select Brady Quinn and think that the issue at QB is going to resolve itself.

Drafting Brady Quinn is a mistake. As much of a mistake as drafting David Carr. It's the same thing.

You can say that Brady has some sort of advantage over David in terms of where they start from. Whatever.

They're the same guy.

And if Quinn is selected, then whoever the poster is that said that McNair passed on Vince Young because McNair is possibly against having a black QB...well, that poster just might be right. I shrugged it off at first, but drafting Quinn will tell me that this organization is interested in LOOKS and APPEARANCES.

I've rah-rah'ed this team's bone-headed moves, even when I felt it was a bad move. I've stood up and been a team guy the whole time. But drafting Quinn will be the last straw for me. It seriously will.

Brady f'in Quinn.

You had me on your side, you had me thinking this was a good post with solid thinking, then you turned it into "McNair don't want no black QB" shpeal.

He passed on Cutler and, the better QB in last years draft, Leinart. Those guys are just as pasty white as I last I checked.

houstonhurricane
03-10-2007, 06:37 PM

They're the same guy.

Brady f'in Quinn.

Pretty pathetic attempt to blame this on racism of all things. Mr. McNair is one of the classiest folks you can imagine and your comment just proves your ignorance on this, and most likely many other topics.

michael123
03-10-2007, 06:38 PM

They're the same guy.

Brady f'in Quinn.

Ok bro first u will need to take a chill pill, second why in the blue hell are u comparing looks to actual gameplay ur an 1diot. who says u have to be an UGLY QB to succed in the NFL. Also Brady Quinn is a great prospect did u see his private workout you problably didnt still comaparing him to David carr. All his passes were on target he has great Accuracy. I see him as a top QB comparing him to Carson Palmer he has his arm. but not injury prone. If we draft him he will sit down 1 full season like Carson did. Behind a Vet QB such as drew bledsow or i dont know someone like trent green.

Also dont bring the RACE CARD on this topic.

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Pretty pathetic attempt to blame this on racism of all things. Mr. McNair is one of the classiest folks you can imagine and your comment just proves your ignorance on this, and most likely many other topics.

This is a silly question but are you a Miami Hurricane or did you play for the semi pro team Houston Hurricanes?

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Ok bro first u will need to take a chill pill, second why in the blue hell are u comparing looks to actual gameplay ur an 1diot. who says u have to be an UGLY QB to succed in the NFL. Also Brady Quinn is a great prospect did u see his private workout you problably didnt still comaparing him to David carr. All his passes were on target he has great Accuracy. I see him as a top QB comparing him to Carson Palmer he has his arm. but not injury prone. If we draft him he will sit down 1 full season like Carson did. Behind a Vet QB such as drew bledsow or i dont know someone like trent green.

Also dont bring the RACE CARD on this topic.

i think you quoted the wrong post :) i am pretty much on your side on this issue.....

michael123
03-10-2007, 06:45 PM
i think you quoted the wrong post :) i am pretty much on your side on this issue.....

thanks bro fixed

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2007, 06:46 PM
This is a silly question but are you a Miami Hurricane or did you play for the semi pro team Houston Hurricanes?

remember the old professional soccer team Houston Hurricanes? they were in the league with the Cosmos and Rowdies and stuff. They actually played in the Astrodome if anyone can remember that far back. If memory serves me they left our market after the Oil Glut and fled to Dallas.

ok im kinda old..i admit it :)

i actually wanted our NFL team to be named the Houston Hurricanes. Luckily we didnt with the Katrina disaster...that would have been a PR nightmare

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 06:49 PM
remember the old professional soccer team Houston Hurricanes? they were in the league with the Cosmos and Rowdies and stuff. They actually played in the Astrodome if anyone can remember that far back. If memory serves me they left our market after the Oil Glut and fled to Dallas.

ok im kinda old..i admit it :)

i actually wanted our NFL team to be named the Houston Hurricanes. Luckily we didnt with the Katrina disaster...that would have been a PR nightmare

Never really been much of a soccer fan. I have tried but its kinda like hockey to me, just a bunch of back and forth with an occasional goal.

I heard its pretty popular overseas.:joker:

Silver Oak
03-10-2007, 06:53 PM
And if Quinn is selected, then whoever the poster is that said that McNair passed on Vince Young because McNair is possibly against having a black QB...well, that poster just might be right.

possibly the dumbest post ever.

good luck in Life pal. blaming racism for every ill you perceive ought to really take you places in this world.

TexanFan881
03-10-2007, 06:54 PM

lol for my fantasy football team every year I took my favorite NFL team and college team and made one name: Houston Hurricanes. I thought it was catchy. I didn't know there was a team called the Houston Hurricanes...:)

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 07:24 PM
lol for my fantasy football team every year I took my favorite NFL team and college team and made one name: Houston Hurricanes. I thought it was catchy. I didn't know there was a team called the Houston Hurricanes...:)

Way back in the day. Just semi-pro stuff. They were pretty good.

Remember when NBC lost there rights to broadcast football? Well NBC, before XFL, tried putting together another football league, the ground work got laid and I think they may have even played a few games but the league folded. The owner of the Hurricanes was supposed to incorp his team with that league but then got shafted.

I was playing for the Houston Buccaneers at that time so we lost some players to the Hurricanes.

Man, looking back on those days, each one of us was sure a scout or agent would notice one of us. Odds are slim, you don't get paid, you buy all your own equipment, pay for your own rooms when traveling, use your car. I miss those days.

PapaL
03-10-2007, 07:26 PM

Things I've learned in this thread:

Phone number for 610AM
Aj. tracks Carr's devlopment by the growth of his child (as do I - DC is losing)
ESPNZone is good in 2 other cities
NFLforHer has taught me to count to 4.
Texans will win the SB, soon.
Florida is the Sunshine State (Thanks bad)
California is the Golden State (Thanks bad)
McClain still is not the owner, Thanks TK.
Meet a fellow Texans fan (WaywardTexanFan) that also lives in MD (very similiar stories also)
Texan_in_Japan is now in Germany.
WaywardTexanFan has a sick child.
Lots of us do nothing at work on Fridays.
TexanSam has a funny signature.
gpshafer_1976 does not like Brady Quinn and will stop following the team is Quinn is drafted.
There was a Houston Hurricane soccer team, once upon a time.

As some say we should close this thread? This has been the most insightful thread we've had in a long time.

899th post and DC is still a Texan.

Specnatz
03-10-2007, 07:42 PM
As some say we should close this thread? This has been the most insightful thread we've had in a long time.

Great Post very funny.

WaywardTexanFan
03-10-2007, 07:53 PM

Phone number for 610AM
Aj. tracks Carr's devlopment by the growth of his child (as do I - DC is losing)
Meet a fellow Texans fan (WaywardTexanFan) that also lives in MD (very similiar stories also)
gpshafer_1976 does not like Brady Quinn and will stop following the team is Quinn is drafted.

To funny PaPal... It's a virtual TailGate Party

houstonhurricane
03-10-2007, 07:54 PM

Red,

I am a Miami Hurricane and have never heard of the Houston Hurricanes; however, I would have been a fan of the team had I been here!

On a side note, my wife is a ND alum, so I agree with you..."just say no to Brady!"

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 08:03 PM

Phone number for 610AM

Best, post, ever.

freedoggy77
03-10-2007, 08:04 PM
why is carr not gone

HeroTime
03-10-2007, 08:31 PM
ok, now you spout out more false information. Moulds asked to be released and Smith obliged him. Moulds was not pissed to leave...quite the contrary.

once again, you may want to check your facts before you open your mouth it only further sullies your weak case re: David Carr.What the hell are you talking about? Once again what? I asked for proof not the RS said "right now" means he will be cut soon crap. Really you should learn what the hell you are talking about before you make generalizations about people. That is usually the language of bigots.

swisher
03-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Nothing to add...just felt left out not participating in the greatest thread in the history of this message board.

:texan:

HeroTime
03-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Sharper called out Carr (sent packing)
Glenn called out Carr (sent packing)
Walker called out Carr (sent packing)
Dunta called out Carr
Moulds called out Carr (sent packing)

btw, this was all public. how many have had made comments BEHIND the scenes? AJ didn't exactly give Carr a ringing endorsement when Ramsey came to town. next time you open your mouth about facts you may want to double check them.

also fwiw, I may make a lot of incendiary comments but I would never in a million years equate us passing on Young to Hitler's attempted genocide of the Jews. you may want to dial it down a bit on the Carr Homer Dial.Because I ask for proof that makes me a Carr Homer? Try a realist. I do not recall Sharper or Glenn calling out Carr at all, let alone before they were released. I may be wrong but let us see the proof. Provide a link and is all I asked and yet have never recieved. I would love to see it, honestly.

HeroTime
03-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Carr has become the anti Chuck Norris.

TexanFan881
03-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Considering nothing will probably come out for awhile, this will probably be the longest thread in the history of the board. The Moulds thread got a little over 100 pages over a week...imagine how many pages this one will have over a month...

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Carr has become the anti Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris does not allow an anti Chuck Norris. He travels back in time to fix the glitch. He is a tireless perfectionist.

GP
03-10-2007, 09:21 PM
You had me on your side, you had me thinking this was a good post with solid thinking, then you turned it into "McNair don't want no black QB" shpeal.

He passed on Cutler and, the better QB in last years draft, Leinart. Those guys are just as pasty white as I last I checked.

On the "race" aspect, I qualified my statement with the possibility that I am wrong. I never out and out said "He's racist."

If he were, we'd have zero players of any race other than caucasian.

So please spare me the drama on that one.

I said that I shrugged off the poster's comments that says we passed on VY because of race...but I can no longer understand why we'd pass on a bonified, game-changing, national championship winning, highlight reel making QB such as VY....only to then select David Carr's twin brother.

I'm running out of fresh ideas as to how and why this is all a possibility (drafting Quinn). So; therefore; I have to conclude that McNair likes someone who fits one or more of these qualifications: (1) Someone who looks good to whom he considers to be a target audience, (2) Someone who works out well but hasn't won anything of significance.

All this belly-aching about David Carr and how he "has to go," and now we're actually seeing the same people rationalize that Brady Quinn is different. Listen to yourselves, "Is he an Elway or Montana? Probably not, BUT..."

But NOTHING. In you guys' rush to get rid of David Carr, you're actually OK with the thought of Quinn as our future QB.

That doesn't set us back a year or two, as he sits down to develop, as some of you propose. It sets us back another five years as we stumble and bumble and try to wonder why the great Notre Dame QB named Brady Quinn didn't work out. It's pretty simple: He's just like David Carr.

He looks good.

He works out well.

He has a great work ethic.

Repeat those three things to yourselves, over and over, and tell me who that sounds like.

Looks Good.

Works out well.

Great work ethic.

Same story, different name.

(sigh)

Go Texans (hand over mouth, making that wet fart noise)!

TexanSam
03-10-2007, 09:30 PM
On the "race" aspect, I qualified my statement with the possibility that I am wrong. I never out and out said "He's racist."

I said that I shrugged off the poster's comments that says we passed on VY because of race...but I can no longer understand why we'd pass on a bonified, game-changing, national championship winning, highlight reel making QB such as VY....only to then select David Carr's twin brother.

I'm running out of fresh ideas as to how and why this is all a possibility (drafting Quinn). So; therefore; I have to conclude that McNair likes someone who fits one or more of these qualifications: (1) Someone who looks good to whom he considers to be a target audience, (2) Someone who works out well but hasn't won anything of significance.

All this belly-aching about David Carr and how he "has to go," and now we're actually seeing the same people rationalize that Brady Quinn is different. Listen to yourselves, "Is he an Elway or Montana? Probably not, BUT..."

But NOTHING. In you guys' rush to get rid of David Carr, you're actually OK with the thought of Quinn as our future QB.

That doesn't set us back a year or two, as he sits down to develop, as some of you propose. It sets us back another five years as we stumble and bumble and try to wonder why the great Notre Dame QB named Brady Quinn didn't work out. It's pretty simple: He's just like David Carr.

He looks good.

He works out well.

Repeat those three things to yourselves, over and over, and tell me who that sounds like.

Looks Good.

Works out well.

Great work ethic.

(sigh)

So you said in a previous post that if we draft Brady Quinn you'll stop being a Texans fan. So let me ask you this. What if you're wrong and Brady Quinn becomes an elite QB in the NFL?

GP
03-10-2007, 09:45 PM
So you said in a previous post that if we draft Brady Quinn you'll stop being a Texans fan. So let me ask you this. What if you're wrong and Brady Quinn becomes an elite QB in the NFL?

I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen (Brady becoming an elite QB).

Therefore, it's something I would be willing to risk.

Looks good.

Works out well.

Great work ethic.

Just follow those three statements, and it'll lead you to the land of truth and understanding.

Brady Quinn is David Carr in-the-making.

If he can somehow pull off a big bowl win before the draft, against a good team, then I'll sign onto the Quinn hype machine. But I think I've seen all I want to see.

Rick Smith said, in a genuine 100% media outlet, that we were not going to move up.

I hope he's sticking with that.

dirty steve
03-10-2007, 09:50 PM
I hope he's sticking with that.

so what do you propose, except for trashing Carr? draft somebody else...wait until next year...try to lure Plummer from his "retirement?" i'd love to hear something other than carr + 5 years = quinn.

BTW-- i'm pretty sure tom brady wasnt going to work out for NE when he was drafted in the 6th round, and last time i checked you have exaclty zero experience as coach, executive, or scout on the professional. your "pretty sure" opinion means exactly nothing.

i'm waiting for something...

freedoggy77
03-10-2007, 09:59 PM
whatever the reason, I don't want Quinn. I much prefer Landry in order to build a very good defense. Then if we dump Carr we pick up Kolb/Stanton and have them sit while Sage starts

El Amigo Invisible
03-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Dear Texans,

Please do not draft me. I am too good looking to die.

Brady Quinn

dtran04
03-10-2007, 10:07 PM
The term "looks" and ability as a football player have no correlation as far as I'm concerned. Sounds like people here are jealous of BQ's looks. :)

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Dear Texans,

Please do not draft me. I am too good looking to die.

Brady Quinn

To go from Derek Zoolander to Hansel is not that much of a difference. Really, really, realy good looking on the outside and intelligent model on the inside.

PapaL
03-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Can we offically nickname Quinn BBQ?

Some call Peterson AP some call him AD. I shall now refer to Quinn as BBQ, Big Bad Quinn. (I am neither for not against Quinn FTR)

Ride 'Em
03-10-2007, 10:27 PM
To go from Derek Zoolander to Hansel is not that much of a difference. Really, really, realy good looking on the outside and intelligent model on the inside.

Hansel. He's so hot right now. Hansel.

Hervoyel
03-10-2007, 10:34 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/morninggloryjen/2006/Mugato.jpg

Hansel IS so hot right now.

HoustonFrog
03-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Because I ask for proof that makes me a Carr Homer? Try a realist. I do not recall Sharper or Glenn calling out Carr at all, let alone before they were released. I may be wrong but let us see the proof. Provide a link and is all I asked and yet have never recieved. I would love to see it, honestly.

Didn't you say the same when I said other teammates had said things and the coaches were looking to trade. After calling me out you were proven wrong. What else are you looking for?

Ole Miss Texan
03-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Can we offically nickname Quinn BBQ?

Some call Peterson AP some call him AD. I shall now refer to Quinn as BBQ, Big Bad Quinn. (I am neither for not against Quinn FTR)

BBQ it is...lol...with our line..(brad-be-qued)

HeroTime
03-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Didn't you say the same when I said other teammates had said things and the coaches were looking to trade. After calling me out you were proven wrong. What else are you looking for?You have yet to show me any proof at all. Dunta said he did not want it to happen. Moulds made comments after he was released. Where is the proof you possess. Really would like to see it. I would be ok with upgrading the QB position if it is possible. Just do not get where you guys are coming up with this stuff. All I have yet to see is internet gossip.

Since the offseason we have seen at least 100 threads about Carr being "about" or "will" be traded and weeks later he is still here. Hell it may or may not happen, I really don't know, but if you want to get your info from Cold Pizza and run with it the be my guest.

Hervoyel
03-10-2007, 11:43 PM
...because he made the Texans pass on VY, much like Hitler tried to eliminate all Jews.

Godwins Law violation, argument has ended with the loss going to HeroTime.

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Godwins Law violation, argument has ended with the loss going to HeroTime.

That's a wrap!

TEXANRED
03-10-2007, 11:46 PM

He looks good.

He works out well.

Looks Good.

Works out well.

Great work ethic.

(sigh)

We also passed on Leinart who also has a National championship, Heisman trophy, played in less games than vy, started less games than vy, threw for more yards than vy, one less TD than vy, and finished with a higher QB rating than vy.

Don't always buy into the hype.

Oh, and I don't want Brady either.

petedy
03-10-2007, 11:55 PM
totally agree...the guy is as good as gone...enjoy the Arena League forums, Carr fans....don't let door hit you in your arse

If he isn't gone then don't let the door hit your arse and you can enjoy living in Tennesee and then you can have your man love with Vince continue.

HoustonFrog
03-10-2007, 11:57 PM
You have yet to show me any proof at all. Dunta said he did not want it to happen. Moulds made comments after he was released. Where is the proof you possess. Really would like to see it. I would be ok with upgrading the QB position if it is possible. Just do not get where you guys are coming up with this stuff. All I have yet to see is internet gossip.

Since the offseason we have seen at least 100 threads about Carr being "about" or "will" be traded and weeks later he is still here. Hell it may or may not happen, I really don't know, but if you want to get your info from Cold Pizza and run with it the be my guest.

You are comical. Look at Dunta's argument again

"It's one of those business situation where you hate to see a guy like that go but it's probably best for the team if it DOES happen.''

It is a DIRECT quote on national TV that was repeated all over.

Moulds opted out and his statement was his reflection. Why would he throw Carr under the bus when he has nothing to gain by it?He isn't trying to get a new QB with the Texans.

You also said that the trade rumors were b.s. yet failed to acknowledge Rick Smith saying.

"If that includes some type of trade, then we'll entertain that. That does not mean that we're going to do that absolutely, but we'll entertain it. If I'm saying right now and you draw an inference (that Carr might be traded) from that, then you are correct."

Please stop

petedy
03-11-2007, 12:18 AM
You are comical. Look at Dunta's argument again

"It's one of those business situation where you hate to see a guy like that go but it's probably best for the team if it DOES happen.''

It is a DIRECT quote on national TV that was repeated all over.

Moulds opted out and his statement was his reflection. Why would he throw Carr under the bus when he has nothing to gain by it?He isn't trying to get a new QB with the Texans.

You also said that the trade rumors were b.s. yet failed to acknowledge Rick Smith saying.

Please stop
First of all he said he would entertain the idea not actually trade him.They may trade him tommorrow or they may not trade him at all.The only ones that know what's going to happen is the front office and Smith.They may even keep him until his contract runs out but who knows? Carr though should just demand a trade anyway because this is not a good situation for him or his family.The one thing in all this is McNair owns the team and not the people of Houston.So what he says goes and maybe much to your disapproval.He is shelling out his money for this.True you buy the tickets but he was the one who brought back the NFL to Houston.Things will become clearer after the draft.

Tulip
03-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Because I ask for proof that makes me a Carr Homer? Try a realist. I do not recall Sharper or Glenn calling out Carr at all, let alone before they were released. I may be wrong but let us see the proof. Provide a link and is all I asked and yet have never recieved. I would love to see it, honestly.

Sharper remarked that the team needed a leader. And those who didn't believe that he was talking about Carr also didn't believe Dunta Robinson was talking about Carr. He was. So was Sharper.

petedy
03-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Sharper remarked that the team needed a leader. And those who didn't believe that he was talking about Carr also didn't believe Dunta Robinson was talking about Carr. He was. So was Sharper.

And we all know where Sharper has landed with how many teams since being traded?

HoustonFrog
03-11-2007, 12:24 AM
First of all he said he would entertain the idea not actually trade him.They may trade him tommorrow or they may not trade him at all.The only ones that know what's going to happen is the front office and Smith.They may even keep him until his contract runs out but who knows? Carr though should just demand a trade anyway because this is not a good situation for him or his family.The one thing in all this is McNair owns the team and not the people of Houston.So what he says goes and maybe much to your disapproval.He is shelling out his money for this.True you buy the tickets but he was the one who brought back the NFL to Houston.Things will become clearer after the draft.

This is in response to the post by HeroTime that said

"Also where are the links from the organization that they are shopping Carr? They have said 2 things in realtion to Carr. 1. We are trying to get a veteran in to challenge him. 2. Amidst all the internet rumors they said a couple of teams called and they told them they will not give him away."

Entertaining offers and asking what they can get for a guy is shopping. People can cut anyway they want.

HoustonFrog
03-11-2007, 12:30 AM
And we all know where Sharper has landed with how many teams since being traded?

He is also a guy who was on a chamionship team that knew how to win. Here is what I don't get. When a person makes arguments as why the team is better off moving on without Carr people say.."Kubiak know best" or "only the players know what goes in inside the locker room." Yet when players come out and say a player isn't the leader they need people shoot the messenger?Wouldn't they know more than anyone what is going on?Guys on the team and ones who have left have said the EXACT same thing everytime. So why would a person want that person on the team if it is causing the TEAM to splinter. If you think this is all isolated, you haven't played team sports.

petedy
03-11-2007, 12:32 AM
This is in response to the post by HeroTime that said

"Also where are the links from the organization that they are shopping Carr? They have said 2 things in realtion to Carr. 1. We are trying to get a veteran in to challenge him. 2. Amidst all the internet rumors they said a couple of teams called and they told them they will not give him away."

Entertaining offers and asking what they can get for a guy is shopping. People can cut anyway they want.

In other words we still don't know what they are going to do.

BmtTXN
03-11-2007, 12:35 AM
This is the greatest thread ever!!! Yep that's all I got......

HoustonFrog
03-11-2007, 12:35 AM
In other words we still don't know what they are going to do.

OK. But if a guy is your starter and you are committed would you be shopping him and coming out and saying he is gone for the right offer?That is the reality, no matter the spin. A guy who is leading the team and YOUR guy isn't bait and usually has the team saying, "no thanks."

Second Honeymoon
03-11-2007, 01:51 AM
bump

lol lmfao

this thread should almost have sticky status...

cuppacoffee
03-11-2007, 03:27 AM
Look at the Banner ^^^^^

Its 1:22 Sunday morning 3/11/07 And Carr is still on my banner..:dance2:

I believe it is a sign from above. :D

Live with it haters. :boxing:

:coffee:

Marcus
03-11-2007, 03:34 AM

I guess you need a new keyboard. Your refresh button is obviously not working.

FILO_girl
03-11-2007, 09:23 AM
His knee went south on him in Seattle in '05. Of course he isn't in high demand now.

Don't be hatin' on my man Jamie or my #55 bobblehead will send bad vibes you way. :joker:

powerfuldragon
03-11-2007, 09:58 AM
in for 943

Honoring Earl 34
03-11-2007, 10:03 AM

Damn .... I thought I was gonna have a chance to see a real sign from above .

Now what .... the image of Carr in a pizza pan ?

t_flare
03-11-2007, 10:36 AM
so when is the next thread about Carr will be traded today...

Kaiser Toro
03-11-2007, 10:38 AM
so when is the next thread about Carr will be traded today...

Hopefully no more. I would prefer just a straight up release on June 1st.

HoustonFrog
03-11-2007, 11:32 AM
This post was really slipping....its Sunday morning, I lost an hour of sleep, my pregnant wife is asking me a bunch of questions I can't answer and I thought I'd find refuge in this thread.

TwinSisters
03-11-2007, 11:35 AM
If she asks again, tell her it's 42.

beerlover
03-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Hopefully no more. I would prefer just a straight up release on June 1st.

thats exactly what should have happend last year :wheel:

HoustonFrog
03-11-2007, 11:40 AM

Good to know, thanks!

TEXANRED
03-11-2007, 11:41 AM
This post was really slipping....its Sunday morning, I lost an hour of sleep, my pregnant wife is asking me a bunch of questions I can't answer and I thought I'd find refuge in this thread.

You must be newly married b/c my wife is always asking my questions I can't answer.

HoustonFrog
03-11-2007, 11:50 AM
You must be newly married b/c my wife is always asking my questions I can't answer.

October, 2006. So yeah. Good to know. I'm practicing my zoning out technique.

freedoggy77
03-11-2007, 12:25 PM
post 954. this thread has really slowed down, but it is pretty useless so i guess it doesn't matter. KEVIN KOLB '07

TwinSisters
03-11-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm still looking for some validity to this thread. I haven't seen anything anywhere to support the trade talk, but you guys have managed to put 48 pages together on another Carr Hate thread.

I thought Aaron Brooks Hater threads were bad when I was the Saints Mod, but this has that beat by a mile.

Other than Cold Pizza, where is there anything to support this trade talk?

Speaking just for myself: I would have ignored it if the banner change didn't happen. Sure it's possible Vinny or somebody is just a jerk and messing around to please their own ego. But taking down the image of the QB is kinda like watching someone knock over a statue of Lenin.

Wolf
03-11-2007, 12:35 PM
post 954. this thread has really slowed down, but it is pretty useless so i guess it doesn't matter. KEVIN KOLB '07

if ths thread beats the longest thread that has ever happened..they better put an * next to this thread :joker:

Texans34Life
03-11-2007, 12:41 PM
bump

love this thread

Andrew6
03-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I wonder who will actually get to post that 1000th post on this tread, i mean hell i know everyones posted something gotta feel obligated to post and be somewhat there. Is there some kind of contest that once we hit a 1000 Carr is traded or does the person who does get it right on the money get happymeal with a chance to super size it?
just a few questions

rickyb
03-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Good to know, thanks!

Frog, my wife is pregnant too. Due in a couple of weeks. Good luck to you and yours.

Unsolicited advice: do stuff around the house like the dishes, cooking, and prepping that nursery. Your wife will notice. She might not say anything, but she will notice.

CVTexan
03-11-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm still looking for some validity to this thread. I haven't seen anything anywhere to support the trade talk, but you guys have managed to put 48 pages together on another Carr Hate thread.

I thought Aaron Brooks Hater threads were bad when I was the Saints Mod, but this has that beat by a mile.

Other than Cold Pizza, where is there anything to support this trade talk?

There isn't any.... but, just the possibility of management beginning to right the ship is enough to prompt 48 pages and counting. I can't wait until we land another "big time" free agent like perhaps Cooper Carlisle or Jeff Zgonina so we have something real to celebrate. :jk:

HoustonFrog
03-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Frog, my wife is pregnant too. Due in a couple of weeks. Good luck to you and yours.

Unsolicited advice: do stuff around the house like the dishes, cooking, and prepping that nursery. Your wife will notice. She might not say anything, but she will notice.

Hey, congrats and it must be exciting to be so close.

We are 4 months in and find out what we are having on the 22nd.

Thanks for the advice. I've been doing alot of that...especially when she was tired and not feeling so well. It is better now though.

Again, good luck on the impending kiddo.

P.S.--Nice Avatar

PapaL
03-11-2007, 01:26 PM
To do list upon waking up in the morning:

Turn on laptop
Grab beverage
Turn on TMNT (for my son, right...)
Check if DC hass been traded, he has not
Post #963, trying to reach 1000.

supertruck97
03-11-2007, 01:28 PM
:snobord:

Just wanted to be a part of this thread. Seems like this is where all the cool kids are hanging out.

SamuraiSword
03-11-2007, 01:33 PM

ahahaha Isn't that the answer the super computer gave when asked the question, "What is the meaning of life?" You know from Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy...:victory:

swoldier
03-11-2007, 02:01 PM
We better get more picks for the draft because obviously we havent done squat in Free Agency. So if we do trade him it better be for some more picks. This offseason has me wondering though seems like we are kind of screwed.....we will see in September though.

powerfuldragon
03-11-2007, 03:39 PM
might as well try and make it hit a thousand.

TexanFan881
03-11-2007, 03:48 PM
might as well try and make it hit a thousand.

We're almost there. Don't let this thread die after all this guys!

GP
03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
so what do you propose, except for trashing Carr? draft somebody else...wait until next year...try to lure Plummer from his "retirement?" i'd love to hear something other than carr + 5 years = quinn.

BTW-- i'm pretty sure tom brady wasnt going to work out for NE when he was drafted in the 6th round, and last time i checked you have exaclty zero experience as coach, executive, or scout on the professional. your "pretty sure" opinion means exactly nothing.

i'm waiting for something...

Tom Brady was a NO-NAME. Was he even the star in college, with all the hoopla that engulfs Quinn right now? I don't recall that he was "the man."

I recall that Tom Brady went up to Mr. Kraft, early one morning outside the facility, and said "You won't regret drafting me. I am going to make you a helluva' QB."

This is coming from a guy (Tom Brady) that had ZERO hype, nobody knew him, nobody knew he had been drafted--He felt the need to let Kraft know that he is more than a late round draft pick...he wanted to say, "I can do it.". Tom Brady wasn't flaunted on all the TV shows, nobody handed him the QB spot on a silver platter like Brady Carr is getting. So the comparison of Tom Brady is very weak guys. Bring something better than that or don't bring it all. That's weaker than my mother-in-laws iced tea. You can do better than that. Put some effort into it, please.

One last thing: Two of you have called me "stupid," and have said that I don't have a right to my opinion because I am not a coach or exec or whatever. Who are YOU? We all have opinions--this is what the board is for--so I suggest you re-read the sticky on BEHAVIOR so that you will see that we should all try and stay on-topicinstead of resorting to name-calling.

Of course, one of the surest signs that a guy knows he's losing the argument is that he no longer engages in the actual battle that's held withing the arena of ideas....he resorts to NAME CALLING.

What's next guys? Telling me mama's fat? I guess some people never leave junior high.

I've repectfully said that I don't think Brady Carr is what he's been made out to be. I don't resort to saying that people are stupid if they don't agree with me. You can infer it all you want, but I don't come and say "You're stupid for liking Brady Quinn."

I have my opinion, and it counts as much as yours--Zero.

So let's get on with exchanging these ideas, OK?

Tell me how Brady Quinn can finish what you guys say David Carr couldn't. Tell me how. I'd like to know.

Cuz at the end of the day, the two guys are mirror images of one another:

1.) Looks great.

2.) Works out great.

3.) Has a great work ethic.

Nobody here has excused David Carr for his lack of game-changing ability just because he can do all of those three things I just mentioned. So tell me why we'll let ANOTHER version of the same player to come here and be "the man" when he's proven that he does not have it within him to make everyone around him better...or to even just take the whole SEASON onto his shoulders like VY did. VY took that team over, and said "Just enjoy the ride." And he came through. UT had a great defense, and you guys are saying that Brady Quinn did NOT have a great defense to help him out...well, guess what: We don't have a great defense, either. So how does Brady do for us what he cannot do for ND?

You're on the clock, unless you want to take pot shots at me some more. I'm asking for EVIDENCE. I'm asking for ideas. I'm asking for thoughts and feelings. I'm asking for (GASP!) opinions.

All I see is pot shots at me.

Brady Quinn is not this team's answer to the QB problem.

Texan_Aggie222
03-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Okay, here I go having to set you guys straight again on this situation.

Obviously what happened was that the Front Office "leaked" information on a possible trade of David Carr to a source that was stupid enough to beleive and spread the word around to everybody else. Why did they do this? For a couple of reasons:

1. The David Carr Trade Talk was dead. No teams were interested at this point to talk a trade and teams were losing interest. Sure, teams were still interested, but nobody was giving serious offers. If the free agent market heating up and QBs switching teams and teams strenghts and weaknesses changing, the front office decided that if they were going to trade David, that this was the time and not near draft day.

2. They set up a market. The reported deal was the David would be traded to Washington in a swap of first round draft picks; #8 for #6. That is the equivalent of a 3rd round draft choice. Now, the Texans have established a price on which it will cost to get David Carr, a third round draft choice at minimum.

All it is is just old GM tricks to get a good trade done for a player they don't really want anymore and they don't think they will get good value for. I wouldn't expect a trade for a least a few more days if not a week or two if it is even going to happen at all.

Double Barrel
03-11-2007, 04:06 PM

Always. :howdy: and don't forget yer towel!

Specnatz
03-11-2007, 04:18 PM
One last thing: Two of you have called me "stupid," and have said that I don't have a right to my opinion because I am not a coach or exec or whatever. Who are YOU? We all have opinions--this is what the board is for--so I suggest you re-read the sticky on BEHAVIOR so that you will see that we should all try and stay on-topicinstead of resorting to name-calling.

Of course, one of the surest signs that a guy knows he's losing the argument is that he no longer engages in the actual battle that's held withing the arena of ideas....he resorts to NAME CALLING.

What's next guys? Telling me mama's fat? I guess some people never leave junior high.

I've repectfully said that I don't think Brady Carr is what he's been made out to be. I don't resort to saying that people are stupid if they don't agree with me. You can infer it all you want, but I don't come and say "You're stupid for liking Brady Quinn."

I have my opinion, and it counts as much as yours--Zero.

So let's get on with exchanging these ideas, OK?

Tell me how Brady Quinn can finish what you guys say David Carr couldn't. Tell me how. I'd like to know.

Cuz at the end of the day, the two guys are mirror images of one another:

1.) Looks great.

2.) Works out great.

3.) Has a great work ethic.

Nobody here has excused David Carr for his lack of game-changing ability just because he can do all of those three things I just mentioned. So tell me why we'll let ANOTHER version of the same player to come here and be "the man" when he's proven that he does not have it within him to make everyone around him better...or to even just take the whole SEASON onto his shoulders like VY did. VY took that team over, and said "Just enjoy the ride." And he came through. UT had a great defense, and you guys are saying that Brady Quinn did NOT have a great defense to help him out...well, guess what: We don't have a great defense, either. So how does Brady do for us what he cannot do for ND?

You're on the clock, unless you want to take pot shots at me some more. I'm asking for EVIDENCE. I'm asking for ideas. I'm asking for thoughts and feelings. I'm asking for (GASP!) opinions.

All I see is pot shots at me.

Brady Quinn is not this team's answer to the QB problem.

My post was deleted but I am one of the people who called you stupid, not for having an opinion but for the opinion you expressed. Yeah ok the mods were not happy I called you that but oh well worse has been said on this board and not deleted. You said

>> Good Looking
>> works out great
>> Great Work ethic

You were saying that you do not want Quinn because he woud be another Carr. Seriously, I thought that is what you look for in a QB Work Ethic and Great Workouts? Do you want someone who does not have any of that? Jerry Rice became the greatest WR ever because of his work thic, Carlos Rogers is where now because of his work ethic? Of course I am not talking about looks but from a few posters that is becoming a huge issue about BQ because he is a so-called "pretty boy". Are yall affraid if Brady comes to Houston he will take your girl? His looks have nothing to do with how good a QB is, it is the physical tools, mental learning ability, and the drive to have a strong work ethic to always get better.

Honestly, no one will be able to argue with you because no matter who the Texans draft it will not be VY. Granted Carr has not worked out but there are many factors to why that is .... Bad Coaching, bad drafts by a GM and his own inability to learn Kubiaks system. By your whole argument they look like one another, you would not want Peyton Manning if he has in the draft because he is not VY and since the organization made a mistake (in somes opinon) by not drafting him they should never take another QB that works out great and has a strong work ethic. Maybe it would be ok if he was uglier than Phyllis Diller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Phyllis_diller_2-25-2007.jpg

You are way to hung up on the looks of Brady Quinn and David Carr.

GP
03-11-2007, 04:18 PM
bump.

we gotta get this thread to 1,000. Today.

this would be funny: we get it to 999, and the mods lock it up!

PapaL
03-11-2007, 04:26 PM
So if we get BBQ, will local stations broadcast him getting a haircut?

Trap_Star
03-11-2007, 04:27 PM

Wolf
03-11-2007, 04:28 PM
So if we get BBQ, will local stations broadcast him getting a haircut?

no just laura quinn

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/sioncampus/08/17/bigten.summer/p1_quinn.jpg

johndoe
03-11-2007, 04:32 PM
no just laura quinn

nice!!! isnt she married to aj hawk

Specnatz
03-11-2007, 04:33 PM
no just laura quinn

Maybe we can get Brent Mustberger to talk about her and AJ Hawk somemore. I know he only mentioned her 500 times during ND vs Ohio State in there bowl game.

Trap_Star
03-11-2007, 04:35 PM
http://www.nbcsports.com/2006/0822/29991_225X300.jpg http://media.scout.com/media/image/28/282268.jpg http://media.scout.com/media/image/28/282267.jpg

Hawk had his way with 2 quinns that day...

PapaL
03-11-2007, 04:37 PM

Hey thats cheating. U must provide some sort of text. (No matter how irrelevant).

Trap_Star
03-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Hey that cheating. U must provide some sort of text. (No matter how irrelevant).

.......hmmmm.....nacho cheese....

PapaL
03-11-2007, 04:38 PM
She isn't all that attractive. I could go to the mall and find a better looking girl.

powerfuldragon
03-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Hawk had his way with 2 quinns that day...
ew dude. that's his sister.

if there were ever a nuclear attack, i htink i'd take shelter beneath her massive jaw.

HoustonFrog
03-11-2007, 04:41 PM
She isn't all that attractive. I could go to the mall and find a better looking girl.

Probably..a little rough around the edges..lol

16 to go

PapaL
03-11-2007, 04:44 PM
We are offically streching it out here, lol. Topic of the hour: BBQ's not so hot sister.

ew dude. that's his sister.

if there were ever a nuclear attack, i htink i'd take shelter beneath her massive jaw.

I would imagine it hurts to give birth to a jaw like that...

NFLforher
03-11-2007, 04:46 PM
We are offically streching it out here, lol. Topic of the hour: BBQ's not so hot sister.

I would imagine it hurts to give birth to a jaw like that...

Lol.. I never thought if it that way, but it might. I always thought giving birth to something with hoofs would hurt.

Geez, just giving birth to my sons about killed me.

PapaL
03-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Lol.. I never thought if it that way, but it might. I always thought giving birth to something with hoofs would hurt.

Geez, just giving birth to my sons about killed me.

Ohh, your busted. What happened to no posting? :elmo:

Glad you came back around to the dark side.

Trap_Star
03-11-2007, 04:48 PM
http://www.thewilf.com/images/owned.jpg

NFLforher
03-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Ohh, your busted. What happened to no posting? :elmo:

Glad you came back around to the dark side.

I know. I broke my word but there's been some mighty funny posts here.

My birth analogy, pushing something the size of a watermelon out the size of a lemon.

It ain't pretty.

PapaL
03-11-2007, 04:53 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/dreamkast/nfl/afc/icons/r.johnson.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/dreamkast/nfl/afc/icons/carr1.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/dreamkast/nfl/afc/icons/dc.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/dreamkast/nfl/afc/icons/ahmangreen.jpg

WCRemix.com has some of the best wallpapers around.

PapaL
03-11-2007, 04:54 PM
I know. I broke my word but there's been some mighty funny posts here.

My birth analogy, pushing something the size of a watermelon out the size of a lemon.

It ain't pretty.

I was there for the birth of my son. Let me just say its not pretty. Its a beautiful life altering moment, but its not pretty. Almost passed out. Me and blood and goo do not get along well.

Specnatz
03-11-2007, 04:55 PM
I need to check that sight out.

Specnatz
03-11-2007, 04:57 PM
I was there for the birth of my son. Let me just say its not pretty. Its a beautiful life altering moment, but its not pretty. Almost passed out. Me and blood and goo do not get along well.

No kids of my own but I have gone through the child birth twice once with a friend who chose the wrong guy and he was no where to be found that day.

The other was with my sister, I was not watching the birthing with her just doing the whole breath crap.

NFLforher

I didn't watch either and I had to be there.

It is a life altering moment for sure. I'm so glad to have them.

My oldest will be a senior next year and wants to be a computer engineer. My little one is a sports nut.

GP
My post was deleted but I am one of the people who called you stupid, not for having an opinion but for the opinion you expressed. Yeah ok the mods were not happy I called you that but oh well worse has been said on this board and not deleted. You said

>> Good Looking
>> works out great
>> Great Work ethic

You were saying that you do not want Quinn because he woud be another Carr. Seriously, I thought that is what you look for in a QB Work Ethic and Great Workouts? Do you want someone who does not have any of that? Jerry Rice became the greatest WR ever because of his work thic, Carlos Rogers is where now because of his work ethic? Of course I am not talking about looks but from a few posters that is becoming a huge issue about BQ because he is a so-called "pretty boy". Are yall affraid if Brady comes to Houston he will take your girl? His looks have nothing to do with how good a QB is, it is the physical tools, mental learning ability, and the drive to have a strong work ethic to always get better.

Honestly, no one will be able to argue with you because no matter who the Texans draft it will not be VY. Granted Carr has not worked out but there are many factors to why that is .... Bad Coaching, bad drafts by a GM and his own inability to learn Kubiaks system. By your whole argument they look like one another, you would not want Peyton Manning if he has in the draft because he is not VY and since the organization made a mistake (in somes opinon) by not drafting him they should never take another QB that works out great and has a strong work ethic. Maybe it would be ok if he was uglier than Phyllis Diller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Phyllis_diller_2-25-2007.jpg

You are way to hung up on the looks of Brady Quinn and David Carr.

No, I am hung up on the FACT that Brady Quinn has not been a game-changing, national championship winning, highlight reel making, big time performing QB on a big time stage.

If he did all that, I'd be sold "hook, line and sinker." I would be wearing a Brady Quinn jersey right now, and I mean that. I would.

But it's far too late for this team to pick a QB this high. They had their chances. Time to move on.

The only way they make complete atonement is to somehow acquire Adrian Peterson to give this team a bonified RB.

I feel very strongly that Brady Quinn is being judged on looks (How he looks, how he works out, and how he trains). It's eerily silent when someone such as myself says, "But where has he altered the team's season and taken them to the top?"

It goes back to his potential and his workouts, to his training...all the things that might be important but do not automatically equal success: It's David Carr, frankly.

Asking to get rid of David Carr in exchange for Brady Quinn is not the best answer here. After time, as the Brady Quinn spotlight yields to another player who will be in the spotlight on all the TV shows, a lot of people will settle down and realize that Quinn is not the answer to the Texans QB issue.

PapaL
03-11-2007, 04:58 PM
No, I am hung up on the FACT that Brady Quinn has not been a game-changing, national championship winning, highlight reel making, big time performing QB on a big time stage.

How many SB winning QB's have been?

NFLforher
03-11-2007, 04:59 PM

Trent Dilfer. :elmo:

Specnatz
03-11-2007, 05:01 PM

Gino Torreta

GP

It's about WHERE you draft a QB.

NO way you draft Quinn that high.

Look at the QBs drafted who have been successful: A lot of them at the END of the draft.

Quinn does not suck. But he is not worthy of a Top 10 pick in this year's draft. Too many stars at other positions.

Trap_Star
1000!!

GP
03-11-2007, 05:02 PM
It's about WHERE you draft a QB.

NO way you draft Quinn that high.

Look at the QBs drafted who have been successful: A lot of them at the END of the draft.

Quinn does not suck. But he is not worthy of a Top 10 pick in this year's draft. Too many stars at other positions.

1000?

GP
1000?

Arrgh!!!!!!!!!!

I just knew I would be the chosen one.

You would have made a great Sooner.

PapaL

In recent history we have:

Manning
Big Ben
Brady
Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Warner
Elway
Favre
Aikman
Young

How many National Championships do these guys have in total?

Specnatz
03-11-2007, 05:03 PM
1000?

LMAO now that is funny.

swisher
1000 posts about nothing in this thread....now 1000+

Trap_Star
Arrgh!!!!!!!!!!

I just knew I would be the chosen one.

You would have made a great Sooner.

Correction, Im the chosen one..

PapaL
1000!!

Doesn't count! No text...

Trap_Star
03-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Doesn't count! No text...

!! is text

PapaL
03-11-2007, 05:09 PM
a few of my favorite Rockets wallpapers from www.wcremix.com (http://wcremix.com/flash/index.html)

http://photos.imageevent.com/dreamkast/rockets/icons/n.yao.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/dreamkast/rockets/icons/n.folklore.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/dreamkast/rockets/icons/n.macfire.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/dreamkast/rockets/icons/j.tmacfacial.jpg

Specnatz
03-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I noticed they do not have much in the way of baseball, oh well.