PDA

View Full Version : Cold Pizza just reported a source says CARR WILL BE TRADED

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Wolf
03-09-2007, 03:17 PM
As jerek said on anther thread(in not so many words).. ESPiN rumors

We are still trying to figure out how Reggie Bush looks in Steel Blue. (according to 2006 pre draft ESPiN)....

texans83
Who has? Provide a link. Show me that this is not some silly rumor.

dude im just listining to 610 so I have no link, just go onto their website and listen. They are talking about it right now

Blake
Jesus... Forget David, trade his ass. Forget brady Quinn. Get me another vet QB, Plummer from the Bucs, and let him duke it out with Sage. I would love to see Sage kick his ass in camp.

Then Take your 4 first day picks and beef up this team.

HuttoKarl
on the subject of food references in pulp fiction--bruce willis' girlfriend wanted blueberry pancakes.

And Mia Wallace had a five dollar shake....don't know if it's worth five dollars, but it's pretty f'in good.

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Ok, if this little rumor about a deal between Washington and Houston is true. . . Why would they be annoucing it now?

Think about it, Houston makes a deal with Washington to jump over the Vikings. The Vikings then hear of this deal because it has been announced so far before the draft, so the Vikings make a deal with the Cardinals to jump over Houston.

Just doesn't seem smart to show your cards so early.

So I put no stock into this "Announcment"

Wolf
03-09-2007, 03:19 PM
At least Second Honeymoon is consistant in bashing..

I guess you better get Microsoft Office out and start cutting and Pasting your threads (Quinn's name with Carr) if the wheels start to fall off if we draft Quinn

oh but 1st remember to change your name to "third Honeymoon" or "second divorce" ;)

Errant Hothy
03-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Hulk is not moving, Hulk has great job and is getting his degree, Hulk will fly to games, SO Hulk does not care were Hulk brother go. As long as it is not Detriot.

Hulk75 did you just turn a little green when you said that?

Hulk no like Detriot, Hulk SMASH!!!!!

Wolf
03-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Ok, if this little rumor about a deal between Washington and Houston is true. . . Why would they be annoucing it now?

Think about it, Houston makes a deal with Washington to jump over the Vikings. The Vikings then hear of this deal because it has been announced so far before the draft, so the Vikings make a deal with the Cardinals to jump over Houston.

exactly ..

Blake
03-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Has anyone considered this as a smoke screen to drum up some interest in trading for the #8 pick if Brady slips?

Marcus
03-09-2007, 03:21 PM
dude im just listining to 610 so I have no link, just go onto their website and listen. They are talking about it right now

I'm listening to 610 on the radio, hotshot! All they are talking about is the rumor, there's nothing confirmed.

TEXANRED
And Mia Wallace had a five dollar shake....don't know if it's worth five dollars, but it's pretty f'in good.

I think it had bourbon in it.

Hulk75
Hulk75 did you just turn a little green when you said that?

Hulk no like Detriot, Hulk SMASH!!!!!

Dude thats why I did it. When have I ever talked liked that.
http://www.hulklibrary.com/hulk/images/hulk-from-the-movie.jpg

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 03:22 PM

Did you here they are making a Hulk 2? This one is supposed to be more like the TV show.

Hulk75
I think it had burbon in it.

Texan Red. Just so I dont have to look back, can you tell me what the "RUMOR" is?

Wolf

would have been funnier with a photoshop (or whatever they use) to change the color of pants to steel blue :D :heh:

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 03:23 PM
on the subject of food references in pulp fiction--bruce willis' girlfriend wanted blueberry pancakes.

Alright, you have completely changed scenes... We were talking about:
Get briefcase and kill two of the men at the apartment [Chapter 4], and
"Bonnie Situation",[Chapter 21]

You had to go to: Butch goes back to get his watch [Chapter 15 - 16]

amazingandre
03-09-2007, 03:24 PM
im sry but i dont think hulk75 is david carr's brother.....can anyone prove it to me that he is?????the only thing i found on him is that he is a way wounger brother named derek....hulk75's bio says he is 26.....it doesnt add up....i have to sites to prove he has one younger brother too........

Exithios

I agree, but theres an old saying that goes something like "with every rumor, there lies some truth" or something along those lines. Theres something going on, I beleive it has already been determined. We are just getting it in small doses which is then hacked to pieces by the almighty axe of speculation then served to the public cold.

Second Honeymoon
At least Second Honeymoon is consistant in bashing..

I guess you better get Microsoft Office out and start cutting and Pasting your threads (Quinn's name with Carr) if the wheels start to fall off if we draft Quinn

oh but 1st remember to change your name to "third Honeymoon" or "second divorce" ;)

yeah im the bad guy....whatever....Carr has been shown more patience than any QB in the history of the modern NFL. so much patience that it has retarded the growth of our football team. I am sorry that I don't want our team to stay the course with Carr as QB....but whatever...its everyone's fault besides David...blah blah blah

Errant Hothy

To be honest I skim some people and read others, and tend to stay out of teh Carr threads, for the most part atleast.

I just got teh mental image of you ona tee box screaming "Hulk Smash!"

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Texan Red. Just so I dont have to look back, can you tell me what the "RUMOR" is?

A source says Carr may be traded.

Thats it.

Not any indication as to who or where or when.

Slow news day.

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 03:26 PM
I agree, but theres an old saying that goes something like "with every rumor, there lies some truth" or something along those lines. Theres something going on, I beleive it has already been determined. We are just getting it in small doses which is then hacked to pieces by the almighty axe of speculation then served to the public cold.

I just heard a rumor that the Texans will be in the Super Bowl in the next couple of season.....

*crosses fingers and hopes there is some truth*

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 03:28 PM
im sry but i dont think hulk75 is david carr's brother.....can anyone prove it to me that he is?????the only thing i found on him is that he is a way wounger brother named derek....hulk75's bio says he is 26.....it doesnt add up....i have to sites to prove he has one younger brother too........

Man, if he is not telling the truth, then he's been lying for quite some time. I am in the camp to beleive him, as why would someone lie about being someone's brother....Also, you see the fire in his post when he defends his brother . . . Like any good brother would do.

If you don't beleive him, it's ok, your world will still turn, and the Texans news will continue to form :)

SESupergenius
03-09-2007, 03:28 PM
yeah im the bad guy....whatever....Carr has been shown more patience than any QB in the history of the modern NFL. so much patience that it has retarded the growth of our football team. I am sorry that I don't want our team to stay the course with Carr as QB....but whatever...its everyone's fault besides David...blah blah blah

Wow, you act as if we had a solid team from the get go and that David was the single player holding us back. We should have won the Super Bowl the 1st year and repeated the second if not for that dang David Carr.

Someone pleeeeeeez bring back the neg rep.

Wolf
03-09-2007, 03:29 PM

like Reggie?

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 03:29 PM
I just heard a rumor that the Texans will be in the Super Bowl in the next couple of season.....

*crosses fingers and hopes there is some truth*

lol, you didn't hear that, you made it up. . . That doesn't count.

Silver Oak
03-09-2007, 03:30 PM
I think everyone who posts in this forum while at work can have a little visit from The Donald....

http://blogs.ipswitch.com/archives/You're%20Fired.jpg

Hulk75

Read your PM smart guy. Its understandable when your a teenager.

Second Honeymoon

only a sibling of Carr could display such blind loyalty. if you saw him on the street you would be like 'woah, is David gonna start blocking for himself now' or 'did David Carr and The Hulk have a baby?' in other words, they are brothers without doubt.

i applaud him for sticking by his brother and honestly hope David does well wherever he goes (as long as its in the NFC). It's not David's fault Casserley drafted him and resigned him.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 03:31 PM

Unless your the Cardinals who then leaks this rumor between Wash and Houston to get Minn to trade with you.

See. You gotta think outside the box.

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Friday, March 09, 2007

Texans eyeing Quinn?

The Vikings have been uncharacteristically open about their interest in Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn, but there are no guarantees he'll be there for the taking with the seventh selection of the April 28-29 NL draft.

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli, citing league sources, reports that the Houston Texans have been talking to teams about trading up from the eighth spot to take Quinn and might already have an arrangement with the Washington Redskins, who pick sixth.

http://vikingsnow.blogspot.com/2007/03/texans-eyeing-quinn.html

This is not proof, just more reading material

My Hero
03-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Since when have the Skins shown any interest whatsoever?

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 03:34 PM
I think everyone who posts in this forum while at work can have a little visit from The Donald....

http://blogs.ipswitch.com/archives/You're%20Fired.jpg

Thank God! Bout time someone fires my butt.

Now, where the unemployment line?

dirty steve
only a sibling of Carr could display such blind loyalty. if you saw him on the street you would be like 'woah, is David gonna start blocking for himself now' or 'did David Carr and The Hulk have a baby?' in other words, they are brothers without doubt.

i applaud him for sticking by his brother and honestly hope David does well wherever he goes (as long as its in the NFC). It's not David's fault Casserley drafted him and resigned him.
bro--you dont want carr back and other people give legit excuses why it hasnt been ALL his fault. it's called a difference of opinion. i'd like to see carr elsewhere in 2007, but i do take into account that there have been other reasons that have stunted his growth.

texanfan2002114

David does have another brother besides Derek. I have personally seen him at Texans games and if I remember correctly, and please correct me if I am wrong Hulk. He played at U of H for a year.

Hulk75
03-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Thank you ladies and gentelmen, thats all for today.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Wow, you act as if we had a solid team from the get go and that David was the single player holding us back. We should have won the Super Bowl the 1st year and repeated the second if not for that dang David Carr.

Someone pleeeeeeez bring back the neg rep.

sticking with David after his 4th year HAS retarded the development of our franchise. you can not argue that fact. here we are talking about trading someone we just resigned and only one year after passing on one of the best QB crops in years...but whatever...im the bad guy for pointing this out.

and as for negative rep...who the ____ cares? just grow up already.

Vinny
03-09-2007, 03:38 PM
ok guys...lay off hulk. Once you go into the mania it's the cone of silence for you.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose"

aj.
03-09-2007, 03:38 PM
The Skins have the 6th pick overall, then nothing until the 5th round. So if any team was looking to add picks, it's them. I don't want Quinn at 8, much less at 6 plus giving picks....

The 'value chart' says the difference between 6 and 8 is a mid-third rounder.

My Hero
03-09-2007, 03:40 PM
yeah another california fan....you may want to migrate your profile over to the Redskins forum

How do I know your not in California, at least I put it out there. You hurl insults while hiding.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 03:41 PM
bro--you dont want carr back and other people give legit excuses why it hasnt been ALL his fault. it's called a difference of opinion. i'd like to see carr elsewhere in 2007, but i do take into account that there have been other reasons that have stunted his growth.

there are many reasons Carr has not been successful and not all of them fall on David's shoulders. I just feel franchise QBs have to overcome and make those around them better. I have always thought he was sorely lacking in that department.

dirty steve
03-09-2007, 03:42 PM
How do I know your not in California, at least I put it out there. You hurl insults while hiding.
dont worry--his game is one dimensional. if carr is traded, he wont have anything to talk about.

keyfro
the only thing that really puzzles me about this is why would the redskins be interested in carr...they have jason campbell...they have mark brunell backing him up...why trade for david carr when you don't need him...what else are we giving to the skins for the 6th overall pick?...i think there is way too many questions for this to be a legit trade...but normally where there's smoke there's fire...i wonder if the skins don't like what they see in campbell?

Texan_Bill
lol, you didn't hear that, you made it up. . . That doesn't count.

Seriously... I read somewhere here on the message boards.... lol.

TwinSisters
03-09-2007, 03:43 PM
The Skins have the 6th pick overall, then nothing until the 5th round. So if any team was looking to add picks, it's them. I don't want Quinn at 8, much less at 6 plus giving picks....

hey aj pass this on over to the fellas at HPF

http://www.bradyquinnonline.com/brady-quinn-cards.php

they might come in handy

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/staff/

eheh.

:)

amazingandre
how old is david carr?

A Texan

I don't think so either. His profile lists him being 26 and from Santa Cruz, Ca. There a number of Carrs in Santa Cruz, but none that are 26.

dirty steve
there are many reasons Carr has not been successful and not all of them fall on David's shoulders. I just feel franchise QBs have to overcome and make those around them better. I have always thought he was sorely lacking in that department.
...but most of your posts reek of it being all his fault.

pv1999
03-09-2007, 03:45 PM
540+
28pgs and counting....

I underestimated the need for redundancy from the Carr haters. It is funny to me to read the SAME people saying the SAME thing over and over like it is new or something.
I also don't put much stock in the banner changing because DW is still up there and he was let go weeks ago.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 03:46 PM

The 'value chart' says the difference between 6 and 8 is a mid-third rounder.

are you sure about that value chart? i would think the cost would be prohibitively higher. just look at the Vick and Manning draft-day deals. Granted we arent talking about the #1 pick overall but still a 3rd rounder seems a bit cheap to move up so early in the draft.

PapaL
I live and work in DC area. I have to yet to hear anything about this. Granted I doubt Daniel Snyder is going to be yelling it at me while I'm driving around the beltway during rush hour, I figure some beat reporter would have mentioned it.

the banner just changed on me... interesting. david carr turned into demeco ryans

jerek
03-09-2007, 03:47 PM
:wheel:

Says it all.

My Hero
540+
28pgs and counting....

I underestimated the need for redundancy from the Carr haters. It is funny to me to read the SAME people saying the SAME thing over and over like it is new or something.
I also don't put much stock in the banner changing because DW is still up there and he was let go weeks ago.

He was?

Texan_Bill
David does have another brother besides Derek. I have personally seen him at Texans games and if I remember correctly, and please correct me if I am wrong Hulk. He played at U of H for a year.

I think he was an OL at UH.....

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 03:48 PM
the banner just changed on me... interesting. david carr turned into demeco ryans

maybe Dom is going to morph into Quinn come April?

texanfan2002114
03-09-2007, 03:49 PM
how old is david carr?

27 turning 28

amazingandre
03-09-2007, 03:50 PM
darren carr played for the u for a litttle while but quit because he wanted to concentrate on his academics......he played dline....but i dont think its hulk75 i know he defends carr. but if i said i was his brother too....dont you think you d have to defend him????or people would think wtf????isnt carr like 27 maybe 28 well darren is 3 years younger and hulks bio says he is 26.....correct me if im wrong but neither 27 nor 28 equals 26 when you subtarct 3 from it?????

Mr. White
03-09-2007, 03:51 PM
darren carr played for the u for a litttle while but quit because he wanted to concentrate on his academics......he played dline....but i dont think its hulk75 i know he defends carr. but if i said i was his brother too....dont you think you d have to defend him????or people would think wtf????isnt carr like 27 maybe 28 well darren is 3 years younger and hulks bio says he is 26.....correct me if im wrong but neither 27 nor 28 equals 26 when you subtarct 3 from it?????

Let it go, man.

PapaL
03-09-2007, 03:52 PM

Your assuming people are 100% truthful online.

03-09-2007, 03:52 PM
maybe Dom is going to morph into Quinn come April?

i hope dom morphs into dre.

tsip
03-09-2007, 03:53 PM
"Compares To: Tom Brady, New England Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis must have thought he was experiencing deja vu with this kid, a clone of his Patriots pupil"

...from NFL 2007 Draft Player Profile of Brady Quinn

SheTexan
03-09-2007, 03:53 PM
AJ!! Don't know how you put it together, BUT, your avitar is GREAT!! After reading most of this thread, I needed a good laugh!! THANKS!!

GP
03-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Hey Hey Hey.......Thats not true, now we get to kick Brady Quinn around.

The Official "Brady Quinn Hater Line" forms behind me.

If we actually trade up to No. 6 to get Brady Quinn, then I will find a new team before the first round of draft day is complete.

Seriously, I will do it.

To trade away one QB who looks good but hasn't won any big games on a big time "level" for the same sort of QB is the epitome of foolishness.

I am not a Notre Dame hater. But Quinn has proved ZILCH in my opinion. Vince Young dismantled USC with his own talents, in the clutch, in the biggest game of the year...maybe the biggest game from 2000 to present day, actually. And we passed on him.

So we go and get Brady Quinn?

Heck, we passed on Reggie Bush and yet there's a guy in Adrian Peterson who might be AS good or even BETTER...and we could trade up for AP, but noooooooooo....we'll trade up for another QB that looks good but hasn't won the big games on a big level?

Sorry, but there's no convincing me that Brady has trounced his opponents in big time situations. It's actually been the opposite: I've seen that team REGRESS from its previous year's successes.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

And yet we're supposedly setting up David Carr II?

Nice.

If this is true, and it happens, you've seen the last of me. Period.

I could rave about this for hours.

My Hero
03-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Your assuming people are 100% truthful online.

Yeah I'm 37 and live in Disneyland.

PapaL
03-09-2007, 03:55 PM
"Compares To: Tom Brady, New England … Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis must have thought he was experiencing deja vu with this kid, a clone of his Patriots pupil"

...from NFL 2007 Draft Player Profile of Brady Quinn

Have any of those ever said "Compares To: Ryan Leaf, Unemployed ... UW Rocket Arm, Skittles for Brain"?

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 03:55 PM
It sounds like there are some man crushes on Hulk75 :flowers: ....Some of you all really care far too much who he is or isn't

santo
03-09-2007, 03:56 PM
If we actually trade up to No. 6 to get Brady Quinn, then I will find a new team before the first round of draft day is complete.

Seriously, I will do it.

We will miss you....

My Hero
03-09-2007, 03:56 PM
It sounds like there are some man crushes on Hulk45 :flowers: ....Some of you all really care far too much who he is or isn't

Hey who's Hulk45 is he Hulk75 brother who's the brother of Carr who is the brother from another muther?

PapaL
03-09-2007, 03:58 PM
We will miss you....

Will we miss someone who stops following a team due to a draft pick? Or talks about passing up the greatest RB ever in last years draft and then the once in lifetime RB in this years draft?

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey who's Hulk45 is he Hulk75 brother who's the brother of Carr who is the brother from another muther?

lol, i hit the wrong key, noticed is after i posted....i have fixed it since then! :)

amazingandre
03-09-2007, 04:00 PM
as long as we draft someone in te first we cant really mess it up.....we need so many players its impossible to screw up.....

tsip
BAD NEWS?, freaking great news, he is not the Texans scape goat no more, gets paid the same and gets to go play for a more talented team, yes bad news I guess.

Yea, that will be great if Carr goes to the Redskins (Gibbes/Syder)--talk about no honeymoon and immediate results/expectations!!...David will be in the twilight zone, difference between night and day, and may want to live out of a hotel for awhile to make sure he's sticking around. If you thought David got treated bad in Houston, Hulk, you ain't seen nothing yet...other teams in the NFL don't operate on excuses...

texanfan2002114
lol, i hit the wrong key, noticed is after i posted....i have fixed it since then! Thanks for calling me out :)

Darn it Ash!!! Aren't you a teacher???!! You can't be making mistakes like that!!:)

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Does anyone know if McClain is going to be on 610 at 4:30 central time? I thought I heard them say that.

texanfan2002114
03-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know if McClain is going to be on 610 at 4:30 central time? I thought I heard them say that.

Yes it will be at 4:30pm central

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Darn it Ash!!! Aren't you a teacher???!! You can't be making mistakes like that!!:)

Hey. . . .I am off all this week, I am not a teacher. . . I am a house bum! Aren't YOU supposed to be selling and installing blinds?!

santo
03-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Will we miss someone who stops following a team due to a draft pick? Or talks about passing up the greatest RB ever in last years draft and then the once in lifetime RB in this years draft?

I forgot the sarcasm sign....

Really, I don't care who the Texans draft...

If Rick Smith and Kubiak draft the players they feel will help in the long run, then I'm all for it...
If they make mistakes drafting, oh well, life goes on.

At this point, I am a Texans fan, not an individual player fan...

I wanted Vince Young in last years draft, but that doesn't stop me from following this team....

I love the Texans whether they suck or not....but that's just me.

PapaL
03-09-2007, 04:04 PM
If Carr goes to WAS, he won't be starting. He probably won't be playing. Nevermind that DC is in love with Campbell and his potential, Gibbs likes vertern QBs (check) who dont make mistakes (no check) and can manage an Offense (no check).

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 04:05 PM
If Carr goes to WAS, he won't be starting. He probably won't be playing. Nevermind that DC is in love with Campbell and his potential, Gibbs likes vertern QBs (check) who dont make mistakes (no check) and can manage an Offense (no check).

Okay... No need to pile on David and his man-hood... That' just wrong.

texanfan2002114
03-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey. . . .I am off all this week, I am not a teacher. . . I am a house bum! Aren't YOU supposed to be selling and installing blinds?!

LOL!!! You are the man Ash!!

PapaL
03-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I forgot the sarcasm sign....

If Rick Smith and Kubiak draft the players they feel will help in the long run, then I'm all for it...

I wanted Vince Young in last years draft, but that doesn't stop me from following this team....

Thats two of us (sarcasm sign).

My point was about the once in a lifetime RB that is avaliable every draft.

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 04:08 PM
LOL!!! You are the man Ash!!

No No...YOU ARE THE MAN!

Hey, I think they have put a permanent ban on me giving you rep points. I tried to give you some but it wouldn't let me because "I need to spread the love". However, I haven't given you rep points since before the Seattle trip when you were screaming for your tickets lol.

That was two years ago wasn't it?

I'm so off topic right now. . .but then again, I'm not even sure what this thread is about anymore!

J-Storm
03-09-2007, 04:09 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. More posts like this need to be seen whether fans agree with any/every move that the Texans FO made previously and continue to make now and in the future...

Sportsfan
03-09-2007, 04:09 PM
BAD NEWS?, freaking great news, he is not the Texans scape goat no more, gets paid the same and gets to go play for a more talented team, yes bad news I guess.

So your are confirming that your brother is indeed traded?

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 04:10 PM

He's a teacher! Why isn't he educating someone!

Is the Texans MB a class assignment?

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 04:11 PM

Who cares? It adds up perfectly if you have the math skills.

David has two younger brothers, Darren and Derek. Darren is about 2 years younger than David. He is a high school football coach. Derek is in high school and a very good quarterback.

As an aside, the family is very caring. I was diagnosed with diabetes last May, just like Austin. David's mother wrote a book called "Little Drop and the Healing Place." I could not get a hold of one and wanted it to explain to my young son why I have to test my etc. etc. There is another poster here who is a friend of David's mother, Sheryl. Sheryl obtained a book for me and signed it inside with a little note. The book is wonderful..very well done.

The whole family is classy.

Darren, please tell your mom, thanks from me.

freedoggy77
03-09-2007, 04:25 PM
wow you guys heard it from "a source" that sounds SO OFFICIAL!!!

lol but i hope he is gone

Ryan
03-09-2007, 04:26 PM
i won't get my hopes up. But i sure wish it happens.

03-09-2007, 04:27 PM
so umm, when is this big announcement on 610 happening?..

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 04:29 PM

who knows? this is cloak and dagger NFL stuff.

oh well, lets hear what McClain has to say about all this.

The Pencil Neck
03-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Man, if he is not telling the truth, then he's been lying for quite some time. I am in the camp to beleive him, as why would someone lie about being someone's brother....Also, you see the fire in his post when he defends his brother . . . Like any good brother would do.

If you don't beleive him, it's ok, your world will still turn, and the Texans news will continue to form :)

He might be and he might not be. It doesn't really matter to me either way.

I used to be a regular in this one weight lifting newsgroup where you didn't believe anyone until you met them. Cause everyone can lie about how much they lift on the internet, you get a lot of 'I can bench press Houston and squat Texas" kinds of posts. Now, I've been a regular in lots of newsgroups and forums and MB's and things but that newsgroup had more people actually meeting each other than just about any other I've been to.

And in that group, there was this one guy who gave great advice and he used to tell us about how he had trained 3 people to US records and how he was an AAU ref and blah, blah, blah. He was a regular in the group. Many of us met him. He met us at powerlifting meets and coached us and he was a really knowledgeable guy. He was a lot of fun and everyone liked him.

It turned out he was lying about all the things you'd expect him to tell the truth about and telling the truth about all the things you'd expect him to lie about. He had trained 3 people to US records, and he was an AAU ref. He lied about being an officer in the Navy. He had been dishonorably discharged from the Navy (not an officer) and had actually been arrested for impersonating a Naval Officer. He was jobless and living off his girlfriend. He ended up trying to scam a woman in the group into letting him live with her... well... long nasty story.

The point is that on the internet, you never know what's real and what's not real. Hulk75 could be Carr's brother or he might not be. Stranger things have happened.

when is he on? now?

texanfan2002114

when did you hear there was going to be a big annoucement??

texanfan2002114
03-09-2007, 04:31 PM
when is he on? now?

John McClain is on now. sportsradio610.com

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 04:32 PM
when is he on? now?

yeah man. he hasnt even talked about football yet. its all about LSU's lesbian coach scandal so far. but that is another thread all together.

infantrycak
03-09-2007, 04:33 PM
John says this is all a rumor started by the Redskins.

Second Honeymoon
he is basically saying this could be BS and the Skins are leaking this to start a bidding war.

John McClain is on now. sportsradio610.com

i guess i thought that was the big announcement. :(

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 04:35 PM
i guess i thought that was the big announcement. :(

no just his regular show but it happened to fall on a big texans news errrr rumors day.

WiiBrawler
03-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Looks like I'm gonna need a name change....

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 04:39 PM
John says this is all a rumor started by the Redskins.

He said it COULD BE, not that it was....

SESupergenius
03-09-2007, 04:40 PM

Ah yes a McClainonite. That explains it. This guy so far off the pulse of what the Texans are actually doing, he makes Pasquarelli look like a CIA Agent.

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 04:40 PM

Seriously, I will do it.

To trade away one QB who looks good but hasn't won any big games on a big time "level" for the same sort of QB is the epitome of foolishness.

I am not a Notre Dame hater. But Quinn has proved ZILCH in my opinion. Vince Young dismantled USC with his own talents, in the clutch, in the biggest game of the year...maybe the biggest game from 2000 to present day, actually. And we passed on him.

Heck, we passed on Reggie Bush and yet there's a guy in Adrian Peterson who might be AS good or even BETTER...and we could trade up for AP, but noooooooooo....we'll trade up for another QB that looks good but hasn't won the big games on a big level?

Sorry, but there's no convincing me that Brady has trounced his opponents in big time situations. It's actually been the opposite: I've seen that team REGRESS from its previous year's successes.

Nice.

Man...when Vince Young tackled LenDale White on that 4th and 2 after White had been having his way all night was awesome. Vince won that mofo all by himself. Imagine if Vince had a top ten defense at his side how badly the University of Texas Vince Youngs would have destroyed USC.

Brady Quinn couldn't even beat them with his number one ranked defense.

jerek
03-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Man...when Vince Young tackled LenDale White on that 4th and 2 after White had been having his way all night was awesome. Vince won that mofo all by himself. Imagine if Vince had a top ten defense at his side how badly the University of Texas Vince Youngs would have destroyed USC.

Not to take this thread off topic, but I wonder if Leinart, Bush, and White were saying the same thing of their 46th ranked defense?

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Not to take this thread off topic, but I wonder if Leinart, Bush, and White were saying the same thing of their 46th ranked defense?

Just goes to show you...Matt Leinart = David Carr. Can't win the big game. he also threw some picks in that game IIRC.

TwinSisters
03-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Just goes to show you...Matt Leinart = David Carr. Can't win the big game. he also threw some picks in that game IIRC.

whoa. Leinart dismantled Oklahoma.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/specials/bowls/2004/01/04/orange.bowl/index.html

Spled
03-09-2007, 04:56 PM
& that's what this is all about. Hulk75, QB75, David Carr... never gave a sh1t about the Texans. It's all about the pocket book.

they won't care what happens here when he is gone. They won't care if we're winning, and they'll hope that we are losing.

Whether you like him or not Carr's always given 100%.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 04:57 PM

I am not one for calling people ignorant........but......I would like to point out that Leinart has won 2 national championships, and the Heisman.

Thats all, thank you, and good night.

TwinSisters
03-09-2007, 05:01 PM
I am not one for calling people ignorant........but......I would like to point out that Leinart has won 2 national championships, and the Heisman.

They also stuffed Peterson that night of the 2nd BCS Bowl.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Tkyss, answer this honestly, would you?

You got fans who walk up to you and tell you that you suck, you got fans who poor beer on your wife at a game, your boo'd in your own home stadium, your hometown media blasts you at every chance they get.

If I were him I would have told this town where to go and kiss my big ol pearly white butt.

The way Carr has conducted himself has been amazing.

Spled
03-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Reggie Bush on the field at 4th down and 1 and a half = Leinart wins game instead of Young.

CVTexan
03-09-2007, 05:03 PM
IMO It's more so that David never lived up to the "number one overall" pick status. If we had got this production from Carr and had picked him up in say the 3-5th round of the draft, fans most likely would not scrutinize him the way he is. However at the price we paid for him (salary and that pick) fans are looking for more. Its what we could have had, Peppers?, and what he
"should" have been. My two cents.....

swtbound07
03-09-2007, 05:09 PM

You got fans who walk up to you and tell you that you suck, you got fans who poor beer on your wife at a game, your boo'd in your own home stadium, your hometown media blasts you at every chance they get.

If I were him I would have told this town where to go and kiss my big ol pearly white butt.

yes, but at what point do you have to actually admit that you do in fact suck?

Maddict5
03-09-2007, 05:10 PM
holy crap...32 pages in 7 hours..needless to say i didnt go through it all- did i miss anything new??

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Anyone have the number to 610? I am going to call them and ask them to talk about football rather than the concerts McClain is going to with his wife.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 05:12 PM
yes, but at what point do you have to actually admit that you do in fact suck?

Can you ever admit that to yourself?

Could you swt admit that you were no good in poker, never win a tourney, give up and take up quilting?

03-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Anyone have the number to 610? I am going to call them and ask them to talk about football rather than the concerts McClain is going to with his wife.

yeah, i just stopped the broadcast. i was getting annoyed.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 05:13 PM

This is whats on there web site.

713-881-5405

dirty steve
03-09-2007, 05:15 PM

713-572-4610--this is the call in number. the above one is the office number i believe.

they're talking about Neil Sedaka, or McClain's favorite lounge acts in Las Vegas right now.

QB75
03-09-2007, 05:17 PM
713-572-4610--this is the call in number. the above one is the office number i believe.

their talking about Neil Sedaka, or McClain's favorite lounge acts in Las Vegas.

... when Rich Lord isn't whining about the Texans and David Carr, that is...

Porky
03-09-2007, 05:17 PM

Seriously, I will do it.

Nice.

:BananaWav

Quinn is ten times the QB lil Davy is. You'll come craawling back once you see the Mighty Quinn get better and better over a couple years time.

Personally, I would be the opposite. I would be stoked that we are finally getting a decent QB.

QB75
03-09-2007, 05:19 PM

Seriously, I will do it.

Nice.

... dismantled.... please...

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 05:20 PM

they're talking about Neil Sedaka, or McClain's favorite lounge acts in Las Vegas right now.

Vegas is the greatest city in the world.

I miss Vegas, if you ever go be sure to visit ESPN Zone in NYNY. Beers are big and cold, the cheese fries are awsome and there is a tv at each table and you get to control what you watch.

Its like a little slice of Heaven.

dirty steve
03-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Quinn is ten times the QB lil Davy is. You'll come craawling back once you see the Mighty Quinn get better and better over a couple years time.

Personally, I would be the opposite. I would be stoked that we are finally getting a decent QB.
whatever...the first time Quinn messed up you would be ALL OVER HIM, and probably bring up the 2006 draft debate again and how we wouldnt be in this situation if we had taken some other QB last April. it's your modus operandi.

thunderkyss
03-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Uh... he only played the #2 team in the country twice, and won once. The second time UT won.

They also stuffed Peterson that night of the 2nd BCS Bowl.

In the second BCS Championship game, Peterson wasn't playing. USC were the favorites over the University of Texas.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 05:24 PM

I didn't know Denzel Washington played QB for ND.:joker:

Wolf
03-09-2007, 05:24 PM

wow porkster.. guess it is settled. all of the texans (to the fans that is)problems are Carr ... we draft Quinn (who is 10 times better).. super bowl here we come...

:yahoo:

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 05:25 PM

They hung up on me when I told them I wasn't interested in hearing John's concert stories and gambling advice. lol

TEXANRED
Uh... he only played the #2 team in the country twice, and won once. The second time UT won.

In the second BCS Championship game, Peterson wasn't playing. USC were the favorites over the University of Texas.

And he still has more rings and more Heismans than BQ.

Soon to be known as BBQ'D

DocBar
Thank you.... thank you very much...

Oh, and if you want to attack my typo.. that is fine. If you cant get past it, I am sorry and let me know so I will go back correct it, so you can move on with your life. Is that like when someone stops to think and forgets to start again???
:sarcasm:

dirty steve
03-09-2007, 05:26 PM
They hung up on me when I told them I wasn't interested in hearing John's concert stories and gambling advice. lol
nice job--God forbid you want to hear some actual sports talk.

PapaL
03-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Vegas is the greatest city in the world.

I miss Vegas, if you ever go be sure to visit ESPN Zone in NYNY. Beers are big and cold, the cheese fries are awsome and there is a tv at each table and you get to control what you watch.

Its like a little slice of Heaven.

I'll vouche for the one in DC. Yes the cheese fries rock and and tvs all over the place.

dirty steve
03-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I'll vouche for the one in DC. Yes the cheese fries rock and and tvs all over the place.
went to the ESPNZone in Denver when we went and saw the Texans play the Broncos at Invesco. The environment wasnt as loud as I thought it would be and the food wasnt that bad for a theme restaurant.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 05:29 PM

I wish we had one here. It would be the place where everyone knows my name.

Dangit, now I want to go to Vegas.

Pay the light bill........go to Vegas.........Pay the light bill........go to Vegas......this is gonna be close.

DocBar
03-09-2007, 05:30 PM
IMO It's more so that David never lived up to the "number one overall" pick status. If we had got this production from Carr and had picked him up in say the 3-5th round of the draft, fans most likely would not scrutinize him the way he is. However at the price we paid for him (salary and that pick) fans are looking for more. Its what we could have had, Peppers?, and what he
"should" have been. My two cents.....
Umm....QB is THE most scrutinized position in pro sports, regardless of draft status. ANY starting QB will be blasted for not having enough wins, regardless of fault and given entirely too much credit for wins, regardless of merit.

TwinSisters
03-09-2007, 05:32 PM

Yeah, that's right. I am counting his "big" games. 'National Championship games' are better words to use.

03 - 1st
04 - 2nd
05 - 3rd

DocBar
03-09-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm googling my *** off on this and can't find anything new. The suspense is just KILLING me!!!!

:wild:

t_flare
03-09-2007, 05:47 PM
all i have heard is a gentleman agreement that Washington and Houston will trade picks if Brady Quinn is at 6th... nothing on Carr so far

DocBar
03-09-2007, 05:49 PM
all i have heard is a gentleman agreement that Washington and Houston will trade picks if Brady Quinn is at 6th... nothing on Carr so far

What's the catch? It can't be just a straight up swap.

keyfro
03-09-2007, 05:50 PM

which means absolutely nothing in this day in age...dan synder isn't exactly the guy i would call a gentleman...nor would i take him at his word...that's like taking jerry jones at his word...ya don't do it...plus with no mention of carr this means double nothing...this is another one of those blah blah rumors that had carr mentioned in it so espn could get a spike in the ratings

mexican_texan
03-09-2007, 05:50 PM
...but the rumors are from unreliable sources

Wolf
03-09-2007, 05:51 PM

absolutely makes no sense to me to announce it 69 days before the draft

Clash_Fan3605
03-09-2007, 05:52 PM
IMO, if you don't think a QB prospect is All Pro quality, you shouldn't take that prospect in the 1st round when there are glaring holes all over the team.

Quinn is a good prospect but the first round pick this year really needs to be an impact player that starts from day one.

IMO, there are guys like Quinn in the draft every year. If Quinn hadn't played at Notre Dame, the hype probably wouldn't be there.

If the Texans were solid in the defensive secondary and offensive line, I would say go for it on Quinn.

My thoughts exactly! Is there ANY chance that this is a smokescreen?? I REALLY hope this is.

TEXANS84
03-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Nothings happening tonight guys. If this does go down, it will more than likely be a draft day trade.

rascous
03-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Nothings happening tonight guys. If this does go down, it will more than likely be a draft day trade.

Is that what she said?

aj.
03-09-2007, 06:00 PM
hey aj pass this on over to the fellas at HPF

http://www.bradyquinnonline.com/brady-quinn-cards.php

they might come in handy

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/staff/

eheh.

Not sure I understand...

As an aside, the 4:30 - 6:00 time slot on SR 610 this afternoon was about the worst 90 minutes of sports talk radio I've ever heard. I could care less about Cynthia Cooper, Neil Sedaka, Barry Manilow, and Wayne Newton. Terrible.

thunderkyss
03-09-2007, 06:00 PM

So what was the question??

sure, If I were David, I wouldn't want to play for Houston either... But the chances of getting paid $13million and starting regardless of how bad I play may convince me to stay, and get a box for my wife to watch the games from.

I don't condone any of those things from Houston "fans". I've never booed David, & I've confronted several "fans" who did in section 608.

I don't blame David for anything. It's not his fault he was drafted by this team. It's not his fault that Dom Capers was his head coach. It's not his fault, that the Texans went offense with the first 4 picks of the 2002 draft, 7 out of 10 picks of the 2003 draft(2 QBS), 1 of 9 picks in 2004, 3 of 6 picks in the 2005 draft, and 5 out of 7 picks in 2006. It's not his fault that most of those picks didn't work out for what ever reason.

It's not his fault, that our coaches thought he could grow behind our offensive line, while Jonathan Wells, Domanick Davis, Stacey Mack, and a slew of other running backs could not.

It's not his fault, those same coaches left him out there to get beat up time & time again(I never would have allowed him to set the all time sack record his rookie year).

But I don't care whose fault it is. I'm tired of trying to develop David Carr. I'm ready to move on. I'm ready to concentrate on making this team better, and winning football games, and not trying to make David feel comfortable.

Clash_Fan3605
03-09-2007, 06:02 PM
IDK if anyone's posted this, (thread way too long), but from what I understand, if Quinn is there at 6 we trade up with Wash. Minnesota is actually a potential team for Landry. Is it just possible that this a smokescreen to snag Landry at 6 instead of Quinn?

TwinSisters
03-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Not sure I understand...

it's nothing.

Just a play off of graphics changes.

bigTEXan8
03-09-2007, 06:10 PM
i personally hope the texans get either landry or that OT out of penn st. trading carr i don't believe will help them get over the hump. change the offense to a down the field thing, and get a consistent running game.

The Pencil Neck
03-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Can you ever admit that to yourself?

Could you swt admit that you were no good in poker, never win a tourney, give up and take up quilting?

It's kinda weird for a pro football player but... if you had the opportunity to be a bad NFL QB, would you take it? You might be the 40th best player at your position in the world and people are going to tell you that you suck and everything. But you're still pretty damn elite and someone's going to pay you pretty well to at least back someone up and possibly start because you're better than the alternatives. Would you give up because you're not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

I wouldn't.

I'd take the money for as long as they were willing to give it to me. I'd work as hard as I could to improve myself as a player. And I would take pride in the fact that I was talented enough to win a job that a million men would give up a ... well... sensitve part of their anatomy to have.

QB75
03-09-2007, 06:13 PM
i personally hope the texans get either landry or that OT out of penn st. trading carr i don't believe will help them get over the hump. change the offense to a down the field thing, and get a consistent running game.

They just signed a tackle. They aren't going to draft offensive linemen.

They are going to draft exciting offensive playmakers. They may even consider drafting Brady Quinn too.

Grid
03-09-2007, 06:13 PM
The important thing to me isnt necessarily that we get a QB who is gonna shake the foundations of the NFL with his ability to come in and turn everything around.

I want a good quality young prospect that Kubiak can groom while someone else starts. Then I want him to be able to start for us in the RIGHT conditions, rather than the whole "throw him to the wolves" thing we did with Carr.

TexanFan881
03-09-2007, 06:15 PM
We will really be getting screwed if we trade David Carr to move up two spots in the draft. That would be a really stupid move...

QB75
03-09-2007, 06:16 PM
It's kinda weird for a pro football player but... if you had the opportunity to be a bad NFL QB, would you take it? You might be the 40th best player at your position in the world and people are going to tell you that you suck and everything. But you're still pretty damn elite and someone's going to pay you pretty well to at least back someone up and possibly start because you're better than the alternatives. Would you give up because you're not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

I wouldn't.

I'd take the money for as long as they were willing to give it to me. I'd work as hard as I could to improve myself as a player. And I would take pride in the fact that I was talented enough to win a job that a million men would give up a ... well... sensitve part of their anatomy to have.

I'm on your side. Carr has done exactly what he should have, and he is still looking out for himself by standing aside, letting the critics say what they will and holding to his contract. Renegotiate? No way.

thunderkyss
03-09-2007, 06:18 PM
IMO, if you don't think a QB prospect is All Pro quality, you shouldn't take that prospect in the 1st round when there are glaring holes all over the team.

Quinn is a good prospect but the first round pick this year really needs to be an impact player that starts from day one.

IMO, there are guys like Quinn in the draft every year. If Quinn hadn't played at Notre Dame, the hype probably wouldn't be there.

If the Texans were solid in the defensive secondary and offensive line, I would say go for it on Quinn.

If this "Gentleman's agreement" with Washington is true(& I doubt it is) that would mean that Kubiak believes Quinn is all that, and a bag of chips. If he feels that way, I'm fine with that.

Defensively, you can't deny that our defense has improved greatly since '05. Even as a young defensive team, early this season, they got the ball back for our offense several times, only for us to go 3 & out. Do we need to improve defensively, yes we do. But we are talented enough on defense to hang with most teams in this league.... I honestly believe that.

Now offensive line. Sure, we need to get better on our offensive line. But the guys we started in '06... Pitts, Weary, McKinney, Weigart... how many coaches offensive coordinators, and football consultants have said that those guys can play in this league??

I honestly believe we'll see an amazing transformation from our offense as soon as we can get avg play from the QB position. It doesn't matter who it is back there, but if he can play like half the starting QBs in this league, our Offensive line will look avg to good.

keyfro
03-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I want a good quality young prospect that Kubiak can groom while someone else starts. Then I want him to be able to start for us in the RIGHT conditions, rather than the whole "throw him to the wolves" thing we did with Carr.

and that's what i believe smith and kubiak are going to do with this draft...i don't believe (hope) that we are really going after quinn...i think that drafting kolb in round 2 or 3...is a better choice...plus if we draft quinn in round 1 there is more pressure to start him earlier...it'll add pressure to sage which i'm not sure he needs right now...it'll bring this team under the microscope to see if we screw up another 1st round QB...i mean the list goes on why drafting Quinn isn't the right option

that being said if kubiak truely feels that this kid can start and make a huge difference for this ball club he's gonna pull the trigger to get him...if kubiak really believes that charlie weis isn't just blowing smoke up everyones behind that quinn is just like brady then by all means draft him...if he's just like tom brady draft him and lets run with him and see how far we get...because without brady the patriots are nothing but a mediocre football team who is constantly going 7-9

TexanSam
03-09-2007, 06:21 PM
This isn't related to the topic of the thread, but is this the largest single day thread in Texans forums history that isn't a gameday thread?

thunderkyss
03-09-2007, 06:24 PM
The problem is, this isn't a Weis QB. He's a QB that Weis was able to make look good for one year, but still couldn't hide his flaws against good teams. I would rather have a QB that looked good for a mid-rate coach, b/c that means a good coach can make him look even better. There's no room to improve on Weis's coaching. Quinn's just going to be facing tougher opponents. He won't make it. He's Carr 2.0 or I should say Carr 0.5 .....2.0 implies he'll do better, and if he does, it's only b/c we have a decent O-line finally.

Ok... I'm not a huge Quinn fan, or a ND fan, so I didn't watch a lot of Quinn. Please Edumacate me on these flaws that Weiss couldn't hide.

Was it an inability to throw completions, andTDs?? was he not able to move the chains?? was he throwing interceptions left & right?? was he not able to get first downs?? was he fumbling the ball alot??

The Dude Abides
03-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Has this thread blown up faster than the Moulds thread from last year? Either way, both are ridiculous. It's Cold Pizza!!

Grid
03-09-2007, 06:28 PM

Is that from a source 84?

Id be inclined to agree with you if it wasnt for the fact that the higher ups wanted Carr taken out of the picture at the top of this forum.

Seems odd for them them make a move like that if they didnt intend to get rid of him for another 2 months.

TexanFan881
03-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Is that from a source 84?

Id be inclined to agree with you if it wasnt for the fact that the higher ups wanted Carr taken out of the picture at the top of this forum.

Seems odd for them them make a move like that if they didnt intend to get rid of him for another 2 months.

I agree. And why would they say they are trying to trade up two months before the draft and basically show the Vikings their hand? I believe Carr will be traded, but not to move up in the draft (or atleast I'm hoping).

GuerillaBlack
03-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Where is he going? Any news on this?

Honoring Earl 34
03-09-2007, 06:35 PM
OK ... lets think about what's happening .

1. Raiders sign Rhodes

2. Lions get Foster and Bell .... surely they will not draft another Wr.

3. Browns trade Droughns ... sign Lewis .

4 Tampa gets QBs

8. Texans sign Black and Green

freedoggy77
03-09-2007, 06:36 PM
IF the Fo deceides to spend draft picks to move up to get Quinn I'm going to be more then a little disappionted. Rick Smith has basically been preaching that they would not make this kind of move, and with a team in the shape that ours is I think this would be a very poor idea. If Quinn falls to 8, drfat him; I just don't want to trade up to get him. Remmeber what happened teh last time we traded up for a player?

why would they trade up to get him? i am pretty sure he will be available at #8 and i still wouldn't want him. LARON LANDRY:wild:

Grid
03-09-2007, 06:38 PM
1: Raiders: JaMarcus Russell
2: Lions: ?
3: Browns: Adrian Peterson
4: Tampa: Calvin Johnson

I see us getting Landry.

Honoring Earl 34
03-09-2007, 06:42 PM
1: Raiders: JaMarcus Russell
2: Lions: ?
3: Browns: Adrian Peterson
4: Tampa: Calvin Johnson

I see us getting Landry.

The Browns signed Lewis ... maybe they go QB . The top three teams need a QB .

TFL
03-09-2007, 06:45 PM
The Browns signed Lewis ... maybe they go QB . The top three teams need a QB .

Just traded Rubuen D. though to the NYG

Buffi2
03-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Don't know if this has been reported yet, but channel 13 just said,
"Exactly one year after passing on Vince Young, the Texans are ..." trading David Carr. Also said that the Texans would switch with Washington - #6 in the draft to get Quinn. No report as to what the Texans would give up for that spot and no confirmation - only rumor.

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 07:17 PM

I wouldn't.

Right. Just to make it to the NFL you have to be very, very talented.

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm googling my *** off on this and can't find anything new. The suspense is just KILLING me!!!!

:wild:

Yeah, I wish somebody would just say something of substance.

I'll always be a Carr fan no matter where he goes, I'm from near his home town.

Go Dogs!

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Don't know if this has been reported yet, but channel 13 just said,
"Exactly one year after passing on Vince Young, the Texans are ..." trading David Carr. Also said that the Texans would switch with Washington - #6 in the draft to get Quinn. No report as to what the Texans would give up for that spot and no confirmation - only rumor.

Why won't the Texans come out publicly?

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm on your side. Carr has done exactly what he should have, and he is still looking out for himself by standing aside, letting the critics say what they will and holding to his contract. Renegotiate? No way.

I wouldn't either. He has and is honoring his contract and maintaining a dignified silence.

How many of us would say to our employers: Hey go ahead and cut or renegotiate my salary so you can get some other employees to come in and help us.

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 07:24 PM

Same reason a poker player doesn't play with all of his/her cards showing to everyone.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Not sure I understand...

As an aside, the 4:30 - 6:00 time slot on SR 610 this afternoon was about the worst 90 minutes of sports talk radio I've ever heard. I could care less about Cynthia Cooper, Neil Sedaka, Barry Manilow, and Wayne Newton. Terrible.

i gotta agree. it was pretty bad and very irrelevant.

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Same reason a poker player doesn't play with all of his/her cards showing to everyone.

Well, it's now been reported on channel 13. :lightbulb:

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't either. He has and is honoring his contract and maintaining a dignified silence.

How many of us would say to our employers: Hey go ahead and cut or renegotiate my salary so you can get some other employees to come in and help us.

well Aikman, Manning, Brady, and even Palmer have all renegotiated in order to help the team improve. of course they are committed to winning football games and we know that isnt a priority for Carr. He is a 9to5er...plain and simple

if he thinks he is earning his contract that is fine, but if he feels that way that in itself is a problem. he is underperforming severely and any non-Carr family member or 'Texan Fan' from California will tell you he has not performed up to the expectations and up to the value of his contract.

Dallas_Texan
03-09-2007, 07:32 PM

The question is why won't they come out publicly that they're NOT trading Carr like they did in the past.

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 07:33 PM
well Aikman, Manning, Brady, and even Palmer have all renegotiated in order to help the team improve. of course they are committed to winning football games and we know that isnt a priority for Carr. He is a 9to5er...plain and simple

I didn't know you were that close to the Carr family or the Texans to be aware of his work habits. Even Kubiak said he had done eveything asked of him.

03-09-2007, 07:37 PM
The question is why won't they come out publicly that they're NOT trading Carr like they did in the past.

...probably because we are gonna trade him this time around?

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 07:38 PM
I didn't know you were that close to the Carr family or the Texans to be aware of his work habits. Even Kubiak said he had done eveything asked of him.\

he said that during the season, wtf was he supposed to say. if he was doing everything asked of him and they are still trading him....well that tells you that they think he isn't any good

i just hope some of these flybynight Texan fans from California leave once Carr is inevitably thrown to the scrap heap. we can then have fans of the Texans on our forums and not fans of one player. Then we can have honest discussion about our team and not biased homering.

Sportsfan
03-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Whats the record on here for the longest thread?

I'm sure this one is contention.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 07:45 PM
So what was the question??

sure, If I were David, I wouldn't want to play for Houston either... But the chances of getting paid $13million and starting regardless of how bad I play may convince me to stay, and get a box for my wife to watch the games from.

I don't condone any of those things from Houston "fans". I've never booed David, & I've confronted several "fans" who did in section 608.

I don't blame David for anything. It's not his fault he was drafted by this team. It's not his fault that Dom Capers was his head coach. It's not his fault, that the Texans went offense with the first 4 picks of the 2002 draft, 7 out of 10 picks of the 2003 draft(2 QBS), 1 of 9 picks in 2004, 3 of 6 picks in the 2005 draft, and 5 out of 7 picks in 2006. It's not his fault that most of those picks didn't work out for what ever reason.

It's not his fault, that our coaches thought he could grow behind our offensive line, while Jonathan Wells, Domanick Davis, Stacey Mack, and a slew of other running backs could not.

It's not his fault, those same coaches left him out there to get beat up time & time again(I never would have allowed him to set the all time sack record his rookie year).

But I don't care whose fault it is. I'm tired of trying to develop David Carr. I'm ready to move on. I'm ready to concentrate on making this team better, and winning football games, and not trying to make David feel comfortable.

You had made the comment that Carr doesnt care what happens here after he is gone and you made it sound like it was a bad thing. I was just asking the question of would you care.

Think of the worst job and the worst boss you ever had, after you left did you with that company well or try and keep track of how they were doing?

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 07:46 PM

random thought of the day

96 pages

1904 replies

NFLforher
\

he said that during the season, wtf was he supposed to say. if he was doing everything asked of him and they are still trading him....well that tells you that they think he isn't any good

i just hope some of these flybynight Texan fans from California leave once Carr is inevitably thrown to the scrap heap. we can then have fans of the Texans on our forums and not fans of one player. Then we can have honest discussion about our team and not biased homering.

There you are showing your "class" again. :rolleyes:

You assume that those who are Carr fans aren't Texans fans. I assume you'll be disappointed to see my name still here after Carr is traded.

I enjoy honest discussion and not immature personal attacks on others. There are plenty of folks here who want to see the team go on a new direction without David but don't attack his character, his work habits, his family, etc. etc.

You must spend most of your time on this board and not following the NFL. If a player has character or work ethic problems it gets out. So far I have heard nothing negative about David in that direction and we won't either.

carrfan4life08
\

if carr leaves this team it will mean the texans will sign yet another rookie qb and i dont think that will work. Im a carr fan and i hope he leaves because he deserves much better then houston could ever give him.

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 07:50 PM
if carr leaves this team it will mean the texans will sign yet another rookie qb and i dont think that will work. Im a carr fan and i hope he leaves because he deserves much better then houston could ever give him.

And has given him. He has repeatedly gotten up after he has been beaten into the ground due to that very offensive line.

He has been put down as a player and as a man. So has his family. His work ethic has been questioned. His pregnant wife had beer thrown on her by a Texans "fan."

Marcus
03-09-2007, 07:55 PM

Ya hear that, Ibar Harry?

When Carr goes, take off!.:ok:

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 07:58 PM
And has given him. He has repeatedly gotten up after he has been beaten into the ground due to that very offensive line.

He has been put down as a player and as a man. So has his family. His work ethic has been questioned. His pregnant wife had beer thrown on her by a Texans "fan."

Majority of us are not like that but sadly in the end its what people will remember the most. Compared to a lot of fans around the league we probably have the best and more tolerant fans than most.

I do wish Carr could have worked out here but in the end its best we part ways and hope he becomes a star somewhere else.

03-09-2007, 07:58 PM

i'm pretty sure it was the eric moulds speculation thread (actually relevant to football).

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Majority of us are not like that but sadly in the end its what people will remember the most. Compared to a lot of fans around the league we probably have the best and more tolerant fans than most.

I do wish Carr could have worked out here but in the end its best we part ways and hope he becomes a star somewhere else.

Thank you. You are an example to other fans.

Erratic Assassin
the Texans would switch with Washington - #6 in the draft to get Quinn.

That would make me sick. I wouldn't give up the pick we have for him, much less trade up to get him. That sounds like something Charley Casserly would do.

TEXANRED
\

How about the fans with blind hatred, do you think they will disappear as well?

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 08:01 PM
How about the fans with blind hatred, do you think they will disappear as well?

We can only hope. Without Carr, where will they direct their hatred? Perhaps it would be better addressed with their therapists.

Wolf
03-09-2007, 08:10 PM

I wouldn't.

kinda like taking a test and gettng a zero, no one says much. but if you score a 14 on it.. everyone is laughing...

seriously or not.. when I read that .. I think of Jason Garrett..he made lots of money being a carreer backup and honestly I don't know how many games he played without looking but he got paid well holding a clipboard

Porky
03-09-2007, 08:21 PM
wow porkster.. guess it is settled. all of the texans (to the fans that is)problems are Carr ... we draft Quinn (who is 10 times better).. super bowl here we come...

:yahoo:

Nice of you to put words in my mouth.

Wolf
03-09-2007, 08:28 PM
to some of the fans that post on here.. all i have heard is it is carr it is carr.. even when Carr had a good game .it was still Carr

neeko15
03-09-2007, 08:30 PM
I dont know y people bash Carr. I live in Canada and up here everyone has there reasons behind y they are a fan of whatever team. usually its packers, eagles, raiders...well u know what not me...TEXANS. fan ever since NFL Blitz 03 and the classic play carr bomb. hes been with us through all the **** and still shows promise. i dont see y we would turn our back on a first overall pick and let it haunt us in the future. im telling you without him, its bull**** free agency, plummer - so help me god, or we draft and its a merry go round situation.

he still has potential, and until we give him a god damn o-line then we can judge. until then give the kid a break.

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I dont know y people bash Carr. I live in Canada and up here everyone has there reasons behind y they are a fan of whatever team. usually its packers, eagles, raiders...well u know what not me...TEXANS. fan ever since NFL Blitz 03 and the classic play carr bomb. hes been with us through all the **** and still shows promise. i dont see y we would turn our back on a first overall pick and let it haunt us in the future. im telling you without him, its bull**** free agency, plummer - so help me god, or we draft and its a merry go round situation.

he still has potential, and until we give him a god damn o-line then we can judge. until then give the kid a break.

Who, according to some, shouldn't be here cause they're not from Texas.

Welcome. I vacation in Canada frequently. Love it. :)

carrlover
03-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Ok ya were all sad that Carr is leaving, I heard he was going to the Redskins. I also heard that were getting Brady Quinn, why the hell do we want to go with another rookie? So we can be right here again in 5 years.

Trap_Star
03-09-2007, 08:35 PM
After reading this thread, I would'nt mind if http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/06/07/black.gms/p1_rick_smith.jpg trades http://u.univision.com/contentroot/uol/art/images/deportes/mas/2006/09/092606-David_Carr3.jpg for a http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/155382_front200.jpg and a copy of http://images.overstock.com/f/102/3117/8h/www.overstock.com/images/products/L945481.jpg...

All this speculation is driving everyone crazy...

Wolf
03-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Carr needs bashing at time, no doubt.

I get frustrated with him too..

there was a play that defined Carr (or the offense) last season and I honestly can't remember who we were playing. it was a patented Denver bootleg... Carr rolled toward the bottom of the tv screen wide open.. looking downfield.... and whether this was our WR's or Carr scared to throw it... nothing happened except the defense recovered and ran Carr out of bounds with a one yard loss.I can't say that i know what gamefilm looked like on that one because I couldn't see the WR's , but I said "what the ********?" because it was a play I saw denver execute time and time again and we called the play at the perfect time (defense was going the other way) and all we got was a -1 (sack) yard out of it for Carr going out of bounds.

Dime
03-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Ok ya were all sad that Carr is leaving, I heard he was going to the Redskins. I also heard that were getting Brady Quinn, why the hell do we want to go with another rookie? So we can be right here again in 5 years.

Sigh... because now we have someone who can mentor/groom him like Carr SHOULD have had.

PapaL
03-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Has anyone really thought this rumor out? WAS has a young 1st rounder starting at QB, a proven veteran (who just restructured his contract) as a back up plus two other QBs on the roster. So the deal would be we send them Carr and out 8th overall for their 6th overall? This deal makes no sense at all. Someone is going to say maybe WAS doesn't want to pay the money for the 6th pick, well they can just pass ala MIN.

Not saying Carr wouldnt be traded, but WAS just doesnt seem like the destination.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Has anyone really thought this rumor out? WAS has a young 1st rounder starting at QB, a proven veteran (who just restructured his contract) as a back up plus two other QBs on the roster. So the deal would be we send them Carr and out 8th overall for their 6th overall? This deal makes no sense at all. Someone is going to say maybe WAS doesn't want to pay the money for the 6th pick, well they can just pass ala MIN.

Not saying Carr wouldnt be traded, but WAS just doesnt seem like the destination.

See thats why I think its Arizona trying to goat Minn into trading to there spot.

From what I understand they would swap firsts and the Hookers numbers that were on the Minn party boat........................oh don't groan, that was funny.

neeko15
03-09-2007, 08:46 PM
to be honest i dont think he goes anywhere, today they picked up an o-liner, there definitely working on that, dont see them moving the pick either i think that levi brown should be the pick at 8, i love flashy picks but last years pick was strategical to build defense, now you gotta continue and take needs, if anything they should move down in the draft. or if those rumors are true of them moving up it shouldnt be to get quinn, it should be to get joe thomas and solidify the o-line officially.

i believe they did it all wrong and should have drafted DBRICKASHAW and then this year looked at an end at number 8. but oh well. love mario.

Trap_Star
03-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Look at the Banner ^^^^^

Wolf
03-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Look at the Banner ^^^^^

mario is gone too?

El Amigo Invisible
03-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Help!! What is going on in this thread? Are we trading Mario?Are we trading Mario and Carr for Quinn?Step 1)Draft Joe Thomas

neeko15
03-09-2007, 08:58 PM
yes draft joe thomas. forget speculation of a trade. david is playing for at least half the year hands down. lets just worry about the o-line, once its good, we shall judge. then the search for a new qb can start.

Kaiser Toro
03-09-2007, 09:01 PM

He has not been beaten to the ground. If he were there would be many still rallying behind him. He was, and remains a soft player. Those who have played, coached or represented players in any sport, at a high level, know exactly what I am talking about. There is nothing that can stunt the growth of a team more than when the "leader" of the team or face of the franchise is soft.

If Carr wants to be here, he would have had his agent attempt to renegotiate and make it public. It did not happen. Frankly I have never been around an organization or team that had its leader be so disconnected from the public's eye while his play is questioned and then not stand up for himself or the team. It frightens be that people actually see him as a leader. Soft, very soft.

neeko15
03-09-2007, 09:03 PM
not fair at all. hes been sacked how many times in the past 4 years and how many games missed. yup thats right.

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 09:04 PM
He has not been beaten to the ground. If he were there would be many still rallying behind him. He was, and remains a soft player. Those who have played, coached or represented players in any sport, at a high level, know exactly what I am talking about. There is nothing that can stunt the growth of a team more than when the "leader" of the team or face of the franchise is soft.

If Carr wants to be here, he would have had his agent attempt to renegotiate and make it public. It did not happen. Frankly I have never been around an organization or team that had its leader be so disconnected from the public's eye while his play is questioned and then not stand up for himself or the team. It frightens be that people actually see him as a leader. Soft, very soft.

Hater, so much a hater.

Perhaps you missed all the sacks? His toughness is obvious to those that open their eyes.

Why would he even want to be to here any longer?

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 09:05 PM
not fair at all. hes been sacked how many times in the past 4 years and how many games missed. yup thats right.

Sure is. Where has Toro been all this time? :confused:

Hulk75
03-09-2007, 09:07 PM
What I have heard, Hou is dragging their feet and waiting for more and more instead of making the many deals that are out there. Make me mad, do it! already, stop asking for too much and do it allready. Anyone know the big 3 tell them to hurry up because "he" will not do a pay cut, you can forget it. Anyone that knows the big 3 tell them to make a desicion and hurry up, this guy does have feelings.

Thats it. Not answering nothing.

Andrew6
03-09-2007, 09:11 PM
What I have heard, Hou is dragging their feet and waiting for more and more instead of making the many deals that are out there. Make me mad, do it! already, stop asking for too much and do it allready. Anyone know the big 3 tell them to hurry up because "he" will not do a pay cut, you can forget it. Anyone that knows the big 3 tell them to make a desicion and hurry up, this guy does have feelings.

::: holds Hulk to boosum and rubs head and says it'll all be ok :::

Kaiser Toro
03-09-2007, 09:13 PM

Absolutely it is a fair evaluation for those that watch every game and invest money and time in a total Texan experience. I bleed this franchise in an insane way to the chagrin of loved ones, at times, to know that it has been five years, not four.

Kaiser Toro
03-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Hater, so much a hater.

Perhaps you missed all the sacks? His toughness is obvious to those that open their eyes.

Why would he even want to be to here any longer?

I have no hate but common sense, intellect and the ability to not be blinded by strengths and value that do not translate to on the field production against the number on the contract.

I watch the all of the games twice. Some in the stands and some on TV and the guy went into the Fresno Fall most of the time. He is soft.

ArlingtonTexan
03-09-2007, 09:28 PM

The answer is that the team is doing what is best for the franchise and not for David. Until this off season those concepts have been joined at the hip. Now that the Texans don't believe that he is the answer long term to their QB system they are not. I don't believe the Texans are an organization that will go out its way to screw Carr, but they are going to attempt to get the highest possible compensation possible for him. The business portion of football is not exactly nice.

petedy
03-09-2007, 09:34 PM

The problem is they don't have feelings and frankly they are calling the shots. I wasn't going to say anything to you personally about your brother but this I have to say: Demand a trade David they don't have your interest at heart only their pocketbook (the fans). If you haven't recieved the proper coaching for five years what makes you think you'll get it with this current regime? They are not as good as anyone thinks or as bad as I think they are but they don't want to spend the time in training you to their way of things. Listen,Kubiak wasn't thatgreat of a QB and frankly I'm feeling suspect as to what kind of a head coach he really is. The issue though is most of the fan base is not behind you and you and your family don't need this torment.

Andrew6
03-09-2007, 09:37 PM
not to get off subject or anything but this is honestly boring going back and forth on he said she said yada yada yada so.... Has anyone seen 300 and if so is it any good?

Kaiser Toro
03-09-2007, 09:43 PM
The problem is they don't have feelings and frankly they are calling the shots. I wasn't going to say anything to you personally about your brother but this I have to say: Demand a trade David they don't have your interest at heart only their pocketbook (the fans). If you haven't recieved the proper coaching for five years what makes you think you'll get it with this current regime? They are not as good as anyone thinks or as bad as I think they are but they don't want to spend the time in training you to their way of things. Listen,Kubiak wasn't thatgreat of a QB and frankly I'm feeling suspect as to what kind of a head coach he really is. The issue though is most of the fan base is not behind you and you and your family don't need this torment.

Nice Kubiak rant, it will surely curry favor with the less vested and knowledgeable folks.

Ole Miss Texan
03-09-2007, 09:48 PM
I didn't feel like reading 20 pages of the same @#$% so sorry if I don't know what's going on. Carr is still here and we don't know what's up right?

IMO, if we're going to trade him to a team in front of us in the draft...putting a package together so we move up? We HAVE to wait till draft day. Doing something this early is just plain dumb imo. If we are targeting Quinn, he may go top 3 and if we trade to 4...we have to pick the next BPA. It will be interesting to see what happens. I say wait till draft day.

Honoring Earl 34
03-09-2007, 09:48 PM

Pass the kleenex please .

Heath Shuler
03-09-2007, 09:49 PM

His feelings are hurt? Well that changes everything.

potisyourfriend
03-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Holy Crap, did everyone registered post in this topic?

Sorry but I'm not going to read the entire thread but just my .02

DON'T DRAFT QUINN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy sux and why the hell draft a QB NOW!!?!?!?!?! Everybody and their mom wanted a QB last year and now Mr. I can Make any QB good decides the hell with it I can't help david so lets start over again.. I don't want David Carr but Quinn is just like Carr when he came out of College but with worse College stats....

petedy
03-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Pass the kleenex please .

If I was there I'd give you a big smack on your cheek for your great empathy for the down trodden. By the way I have a slightly used kleenex if you need it since there wasn't any toliet paper in the restroom.

carrlover
03-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Ya, Ya, Ya
same story differnt year... i would really hate to see carr go. i really think he has the potential to be a good QB if he had a good offensive line, but the QB usually gets the heat when a team sucks (after the head coach) what I think is sad is the rumors that we are looking to get brady Quinn to replace him, why are we trading for another rookie? What the texans need is a veteran to come to Houston to teach Carr a thing or two, or whats wrong with Rosenfeld? hell he always did a better job then carr, saved our ass a few times.

Mr. White
03-09-2007, 10:11 PM
mario is gone too?

Mario never was on the banner....if that's what you're talking about.

Holy Crap, did everyone registered post in this topic?

Seems to me like people registered for this forum just to post on this thread. Go through and look at all the people in this thread with less than 10 posts.

I predict that this will be the Carr thread to end all Carr threads.

stingray
03-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Because Rosenfels is not going to get you to a superbowl. If your happy with going 8-8, then Rosenfels is for you.

GuerillaBlack
03-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Mario never was on the banner....if that's what you're talking about.

Seems to me like people registered for this forum just to post on this thread. Go through and look at all the people in this thread with less than 10 posts.

I predict that this will be the Carr thread to end all Carr threads.

Mario is on my banner :redtowel: .

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/beachbouncer86/Sigs/traedaybanner4reflect.jpg

03-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Mario is on my banner :redtowel: .

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/beachbouncer86/Sigs/traedaybanner4reflect.jpg

that is a sweet banner.

carrlover
03-09-2007, 10:14 PM
well i cant see Brady quinn getting us there either, honestly I dont think he is even that good

03-09-2007, 10:15 PM
somebody please delete this thread, please

carrlover
03-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Why

Texans34Life
03-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Texans | Team interested in drafting Quinn?
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:46:17 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, citing Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Houston Texans are considering trading up from the eighth pick in the draft to take QB Brady Quinn, and that they may already have an arrangement to acquire the sixth overall pick from the Washington Redskins.

EDIT - Just found it in the 30 page thread....sorry admins. Lock it up.

Samer
03-09-2007, 10:17 PM
If I were the FO i'd put a gun to the head of San DIego's FO and convince then to give us Tomlinson, Gates, Rivers for Carr, Green, Gado, Putizer and a couple of picks

03-09-2007, 10:18 PM
:wheel: :wheel: :wheel:

Grid
03-09-2007, 10:19 PM
DON'T DRAFT QUINN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy sux and why the hell draft a QB NOW!!?!?!?!?! Everybody and their mom wanted a QB last year and now Mr. I can Make any QB good decides the hell with it I can't help david so lets start over again..

you're right.. we should take the money that we WOULD have paid a QB..and invest it in a Time Machine.

The only thing more annoying than nails on a chalkboard, is whiny people who cant let go of the past... they just wanna sit and say "why didnt we! why didnt we! why didnt we!"..

just.. god.. go sit in a corner somewhere and cry about it for 15 years.

Pot is not your friend.. it has made you into a raging retard.

03-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Why

maybe because we already have a million other threads just like this one? enough is enough, sheesh. you're not bringing up anything new or insightful... unless you think beating dead horses is insightful, of course.

Marcus
03-09-2007, 10:22 PM
All of this because of some unsubstantiated rumor about a trade that absolutely makes no sense. Nobody in his right mind would make this type of trade until draft day, and even then, not until the draft has already started.

Y'all need to change your usernames to "Alice".

Kaiser Toro
03-09-2007, 10:24 PM
All of this because of some unsubstantiated rumor about a trade that absolutely makes no sense. Nobody in his right mind would this type of trade until draft day, and even then, not until the draft has already started.

Y'all need to change your usernames to "Alice".

We'll kiss your grits Florence.

bckey
03-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Because Rosenfels is not going to get you to a superbowl. If your happy with going 8-8, then Rosenfels is for you.

8-8 is better than Carr has ever gotten us.

Runner
03-09-2007, 10:46 PM
After reading this thread, I had a thought. Robert Muldoon might be available at tight end.

Opinions?

QB75
03-09-2007, 10:47 PM
8-8 is better than Carr has ever gotten us.

Then let's hear it for mediocrity. Bring on Sage.:dance2:

Texans Pride
03-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Pot is not your friend.. it has made you into a raging retard.

In the five years I have been posting on this board, this is by far the funniest thing I have ever read. I truely laughed out loud. . . .Thank you Grid, you are my favorite poster EVER!!!

Ole Miss Texan
03-09-2007, 11:20 PM
I just wanted to recap...

This thread was started 13 hours ago...and we're already on page 39. If that's not a sign this was about David Carr, I don't know what is.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 11:25 PM

i could care less about his feelings. if he doesnt want to renegotiate based on his horrible play then he can sleep in the bed he made.

its obvious he is just making sure to make a money grab because he knows his career is nearly over.....good for him but dont whine about his feelings or any BS like that....we could all care less

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Then let's hear it for mediocrity. Bring on Sage.:dance2:

Carr throws a freaking party when he wins two games in a row. 8-8 sounds pretty appealing after 5 years of this fairy at QB. go away carr and take the lame homers with you