PDA

View Full Version : Cold Pizza just reported a source says CARR WILL BE TRADED

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

TwinSisters
03-09-2007, 01:28 PM
so many pages, but so little has been said.

just like a party

and that Nick Anderson game made it all worth it.

Plus it just feels good to have the hope that the great escape is just right around the corner.

Mr. White
03-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Why do I get the feeling the "source" = Richard Justice.

I think it's Dunta Robinson. :tease:

Wolf
03-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Michael Vick's been one of the most sacked QB's over the past two seasons, and this year he was taken down more than Carr...

Yet we diss him, and make excuses for Dave. A bit of a double standard, especially seeing how David had a beast at wide out and vick...well....didn't...

If Michael Vick was here , these threads would be about him that consistantly swarm around Carr

Vick runs himself into trouble at times.... vick will take your breath away with spectacular plays but will also take your breath away with stupid plays

TheRealX9
03-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Shouldnt we give carr another chance considering, we have a decent RB and and im assuming a healthy OL by the time pre season starts?

Mr. White
03-09-2007, 01:31 PM
My understanding that the source reporting the possible Carr trade is a lawyer from Dallas.

Are you serious?

Mr teX
03-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Shouldnt we give carr another chance considering, we have a decent RB and and im assuming a healthy OL by the time pre season starts?

Uh oh :hides:

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 01:32 PM
i just did it like five times and it still is dc. maybe he is just haunting me?

Please take it easy on theRealX9.... He is a rookie...

real
03-09-2007, 01:32 PM
If Michael Vick was here , these threads would be about him that consistantly swarm around Carr

Vick runs himself into trouble at times.... vick will take your breath away with spectacular plays but will also take your breath away with stupid plays

I respect your opinion...

but I think Vick is better than Carr...

real
03-09-2007, 01:33 PM

Yeah!!!!!

Lets waste another football season trying to cater to one player...

Great idea....

pv1999
03-09-2007, 01:34 PM
I don't think Vick could get away with the double rods in Houston.

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah!!!!!

Lets waste another football season trying to cater to one player...

Great idea....

See... You didn't read my post #266

Wolf
03-09-2007, 01:35 PM
I'll venture to say that Vick would do more with A.J than Carr....JMO

not sure, I was browsing

Vick had Crumpler,Price,(not mentioning Finnigan as WR ,yuck),Warrick Dunn,TJ Ducket.

Texans would probably loved to have that in 2003 as a group compaired to what we had

and i think that is why when I went on a Falcons Mb last season. mirrored ours on thoughts on QB

Texian
03-09-2007, 01:36 PM
This could be the Beginning of the End for Ol Gary Kubiak. If Plummer is involved it could be sooner rather than later. Passing on Young, Lienert and Cutler because you said Carr was the Man and trading Carr less than a year later will be an unpardonable sin. Sorry Gary but the only way to exercise this demon is to do away with the person who made it happen. 09 you will be working somewhere else.

The honeymoon is over and the scoreboard is up. The evaluation of Moulds for a year and his $3.7 million, 07 dead cap money, is another check.

TheRealX9
03-09-2007, 01:37 PM
sorry, but i dont see how trading him would benefit us

Wolf
03-09-2007, 01:38 PM
I respect your opinion...

but I think Vick is better than Carr...

thanks, I was just getting my opinion for a falcons mb on what they were saying on that one..

no doubt Vick would have brought excitement to Reliant whether we were losing or winning.

DomDavis
This could be the Beginning of the End for Ol Gary Kubiak. If Plummer is involved it could be sooner rather than later. Passing on Young, Lienert and Cutler because you said Carr was the Man and trading Carr less than a year later will be an unpardonable sin.

This is one of the silliest things I've ever read. So if you decide to keep Carr one year, it means you have to keep him forever, even if he performs terribly?

Texian
They tried Vick in the WCO for 3 years. He played better under Reeves out of the WCO than in the WCO for Mora & Knapp. Kubiak is more of stickler than Mora & Knapp.

real
03-09-2007, 01:39 PM
not sure, I was browsing

Vick had Crumpler,Price,(not mentioning Finnigan as WR ,yuck),Warrick Dunn,TJ Ducket.

Texans would probably loved to have that in 2003 as a group compaired to what we had

and i think that is why when I went on a Falcons Mb last season. mirrored ours on thoughts on QB

That's why the Falcons had the better team...

Saying that one player had less to work with than another player is not proof in my book as a reason said player was better...

El Tejano
Once I saw the Panthers cut Weinke, I knew Carr would be moving around soon. I bet it is the Panthers. I could see it being Tampa.

Texan_Bill
um, please take it easy on yourself-i wasn't even talking to him if you would read a little bit.

anybody else still see david carr?

Easy there KJ3... If you would notice, I edited my post and put someone else there... SLow down buddy!!

HuttoKarl
Just heard from a Vikings fan that the idea was kicked around about Carr for a fourth rounder....nothing in writing...just some stuff he heard on the radio before all this Cold Pizza stuff.

Vinny
03-09-2007, 01:40 PM
This is one of the silliest things I've ever read. So if you decide to keep Carr one year, it means you have to keep him forever, even if he performs terribly?
No, but the reason we suck is because of incredibly bad talent evaluation. That wasn't a very good decision either.

real
03-09-2007, 01:41 PM
sorry, but i dont see how trading him would benefit us

LMAO!

Well please explain all the benefits of keeping him.

19-10
03-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Can you imagine if we did trade Mario Williams with Carr?

Reliant Stadium would be burned down to the ground...

Mass riots would occur throughout Houston...

Pandemonium would be everywhere....

LA would be getting a new team....

Yeah either that or we'd get ourselves two good players somehow.

TwinSisters
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
This could be the Beginning of the End for Ol Gary Kubiak. If Plummer is involved it could be sooner rather than later. Passing on Young, Lienert and Cutler because you said Carr was the Man and trading Carr less than a year later will be an unpardonable sin. Sorry Gary but the only way to exercise this demon is to do away with the person who made it happen. 09 you will be working somewhere else.

The honeymoon is over and the scoreboard is up. The evaluation of Moulds for a year and his $3.7 million, 07 dead cap money, is another check.

Right on my man.

Gary is not in trouble though. See Gene Stallings and the old alumni are just waiting for Franchione to slip up. Franchione bought himself a season last year, but it's almost like he spent it already with his recruiting class showing.

pv1999
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
No way this post makes is past 400 posts and 40 pages...
Cause no one has anything new to say.

AND the fact is the teams with the money don't have the interest and the teams with the interest don't have the money. Carr is our man, for now....
Let's get Winstrom and Chicago our way to the playoffs.

Clash_Fan3605
03-09-2007, 01:43 PM
This is huge news!!!!! :elmo: :elmo: :elmo: :elmo:

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 01:43 PM
and if people are going to tell me to take it easy on you (for no reason), then i suggest not coming on to a big david carr hating rally we've got goin on in here and say things like that

DUDE>>> I EDITED MY POST

I changed it to read, TheRealX9... Maybe it makes sense to You now. He made a comment that would surely draw the ire of some folks, AND I MERELY asked people to take it easy on him....

Texian
03-09-2007, 01:45 PM

You just don't get it do you, because Carr turned out not to be the man the fans will never let Kubiak forget the decision he made that cost the team a future great QB. As Young, Lienert, and Cutler light it up the fans will light up Kubiak ....it is just human nature.

TK_Gamer
03-09-2007, 01:46 PM
if we got a fourth and a fifth pick for carr, and then traded our first and a 3rd or 4th, plus a fourth next year for say a no. 2, 3 or 4 spot, we could take quinn and it would be worth it maybe, but if we got that high a pick we might as well take AP and pick up kolb in the 3rd.

HuttoKarl
No way this post makes is past 400 posts and 40 pages...
Cause no one has anything new to say.

AND the fact is the teams with the money don't have the interest and the teams with the interest don't have the money. Carr is our man, for now....
Let's get Winstrom and Chicago our way to the playoffs.

Wistrom is supposedly never going to pass a physical...he's shot.

And what about Detroit? maybe we try to move up for Thomas???

Dime

Rofl... I dont think so.

TexanFan881
03-09-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't see us trading up. I don't think we will trade away any of our picks. The only way I want to see Carr traded is if we get a third or higher - a 4th is a huge deal for whoever would end up getting him, the Broncos were about to get a 4th for Plummer.

ib4texans
03-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Taps Ruby Red slippers three times.......I want to go home,I want to go home.

Dime
03-09-2007, 01:49 PM
No, but the reason we suck is because of incredibly bad talent evaluation. That wasn't a very good decision either.

Oh, come on Vinny.

Kub tried to help him, Carr wasnt able to progress where he thought he should be, so he is being released/traded. This way, you bring in someone who hasnt been molded 5 times already and start fresh.

Dime
03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
You just don't get it do you, because Carr turned out not to be the man the fans will never let Kubiak forget the decision he made that cost the team a future great QB. As Young, Lienert, and Cutler light it up the fans will light up Kubiak ....it is just human nature.

And you just dont either.. If we got peterson, and he was awesome for us, there would never be a word spoke about Reggie Bush again... Same goes for Vinny and QB. Measuring a man by only his failures only works if he doesnt have many successes in the future. If he does, then all is forgiven.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Do you have a link? I don't remember that ever being said.... Thanks!!

dont have one but Kubiak said this last year two different times late in the year. he would always qualify it by taking some of the blame himself and saying that he has to be put in a position to succeed...but he did say that he has not progressed like they had hoped. but that isnt exactly breaking news...even carr would agree with that

Texian
03-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Rofl... I dont think so.

You are giddy right now with the thought of Carr leaving but you will quickly turn when Plummer comes in here and throws more ints than TDs. You will turn on Kubiak, Plummer and Smith the same as you did on Casserly, Capers and Carr. If Young and Lienert make the pro bowl and playoffs quickly you will be screaming soon enough.

Vinny
03-09-2007, 01:56 PM

Oh, come on Vinny.

Kub tried to help him, Carr wasnt able to progress where he thought he should be, so he is being released/traded. This way, you bring in someone who hasnt been molded 5 times already and start fresh.
having trouble connecting the dots? If the team moves Carr (and I'm sure it is happening), it is obvious that pushing Carr's contract out to 60 mil and not evaluating last year's QB's was a colossal error. That isn't tough logic.

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 01:56 PM
dont have one but Kubiak said this last year two different times late in the year. he would always qualify it by taking some of the blame himself and saying that he has to be put in a position to succeed...but he did say that he has not progressed like they had hoped. but that isnt exactly breaking news...even carr would agree with that

Yeah, I kinda remember that.....

powerfuldragon
03-09-2007, 01:57 PM
having trouble connecting the dots? If the team moves Carr (and I'm sure it is happening), it is obvious that pushing Carr's contract out to 60 mil and not evaluating last year's QB's was a colossal error. That isn't tough logic.
who do you think we'll unload him on?

WaywardTexanFan
03-09-2007, 01:57 PM
You are giddy right now with the thought of Carr leaving but you will quickly turn when Plummer comes in here and throws more ints than TDs. You will turn on Kubiak, Plummer and Smith the same as you did on Casserly, Capers and Carr. If Young and Lienert make the pro bowl and playoffs quickly you will be screaming soon enough.

Oh god why did we trade Carr and bring in Plummer? What the he11 was Kubiak thinking? They should start stocking up on cheese:drool:

DomDavis
03-09-2007, 01:59 PM

Right, because no other team in the history of the NFL has ever passed up a future great QB (and I have doubts if any of them will be great, but that's another discussion) in the draft.

ib4texans
This thread is DEAD!!!!!

texans83
so when do you think all this will happen

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 02:00 PM
This thread is DEAD!!!!!

Nope.

El Tejano
03-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Here comes Chris Simms. Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

Dime
03-09-2007, 02:01 PM

You must have me confused with someone else.

1. I never said I liked Plummer.

2. I turned on Carr after the first year and 1/2. I was one the first haters as people here classify. AND I felt Cass, Capers, and Carr were making bad decisions on contract length, etc from the git go.

3. Only when Kub came in did I see 3 things.
a. Carr improve a bit
b. Carr being held responsible.
c. Us signing people to reasonable money and making good decisions about Cap.

4. You want to compare Young or Lienert, but they arent on this team! Just because they might be a pro-bowler on another team doesnt mean they would be one on this team.

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 02:02 PM
This thread is DEAD!!!!!

Don't be crappin' on this thread..j/k....... It's got plenty of life left!!

Specnatz
03-09-2007, 02:02 PM

:rant:

I think you are the only one who is not letting him forget it. There is only so much evluation you can do by watching game film and talking to a player. after spending time with a player you get more facts and can formulate a more supstantial decision about a player. That is why there are so many 1st round flops regarding the QB position in the draft.

Texian you sound like a bitter UT fan, because VY was not drafted. :violin:
OK so Kubiak made a mistake but he was not the only one in the draft room. By all counts from what I heard, every coach who interviewed for the position said Carr could learn and be a very good QB. There is also different reports on what Dan Reeves thought at the time.

You say it is human nature that the fans will light up kubiak because Jay Cutler and Lienart will be lighting it up. (I am not mentioning VY because UT fans will light anyone up who do not draft a UT player) Well this is the first I heard of that the Texans should have drafted either of those guys with the first pick of the draft, especially since no one was really going to give fair market trade value to the Texans to trade down.

You can light him up all you want; but I will evauluate him based upon all the players and how the team does as a whole. This does include the 4 game improvement and a solid draft.

:twocents:

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Here comes Chris Simms. Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

Say it aint soooooooooo!!! At least t 'sip fan maybe happy..

Not really, the sips I know never liked Simms... They were ALL Applewhite guys.

ib4texans
03-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Don't be crappin' on this thread..j/k....... It's got plenty of life left!!

I know but only the first three pages made any sense, now it's like standing at a game and hearing 12 different conversations. None of them make sense!

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 02:05 PM

I would imagine it would probably happen by the end of business today if its going to happen at all. any team dealing or acquiring Carr would need to know where they stand due to cap implications on resignings and free agents.

I just hope we all don't delude overselves so much that we think we are going to get anything better than a 4th round pick (and that is a reach). if Carr was to restructure his deal we could possibly get a 3rd round but that is highly unlikely in all respects (actual deal and carr renegotiating)

If Carr is released he can then shop his wares as a FA and dictate where he backups errrrr plays. Carr gains very little by showing a willingness to renegotiate and agents arent down with losing money either.

Dime
03-09-2007, 02:06 PM

BUT.. Carr never had someone like a Kub to hold him accountable AND try to rework him. It would have been even worse a error to release him off his contract with trying to rehab him, just to have him go to another team if the rehab worked. All I am saying. And its hard reading your dots if you dont put numbers by them. :joker:

Marcus
03-09-2007, 02:06 PM

If they do, they are lighting up the wrong person. The decision to extend Carr, along with the decision to NOT take VY in the draft . . . that's the owner's decision.

Vinny
03-09-2007, 02:07 PM
BUT.. Carr never had someone like a Kub to hold him accountable AND try to rework him. It would have been even worse a error to release him off his contract with trying to rehab him, just to have him go to another team if the rehab worked. All I am saying. And its hard reading your dots if you dont put numbers by them. :joker:
no, let me clear this up for you. Things are always worse when you make the wrong move, not the right move.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 02:07 PM
I know but only the first three pages made any sense, now it's like standing at a game and hearing 12 different conversations. None of them make sense!

who is that chick in your avatar? tell her to put her hands on the wall and spread em, its time for a full body cavity search for Carr rumors.

Dime
03-09-2007, 02:08 PM
no, let me clear this up for you. Things are always worse when you make the wrong move, not the right move.

And the light cometh on.

ib4texans
03-09-2007, 02:09 PM
who is that chick in your avatar? tell her to put her hands on the wall and spread em, its time for a full body cavity search for Carr rumors.

She's HOT! That's who she is!

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 02:10 PM

Have a couple of adult beverages and it all starts blending together.. Soon enough, it starts to make sense again..... Heck, I have been :beerfunnel: since the start of the thread and now I'm :drunk:

ib4texans
03-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Have a couple of adult beverages and it all starts blending together.. Soon enough, it starts to make sense again..... Heck, I have been :beerfunnel: since the start of the thread and now I'm :drunk:

I'll be right over!

ledzeppelin229
03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
I just woke up...Midterms are over, Spring Break has started, and DC might be getting traded by the end of the day. I'm also going to the Rockets game tonight. Things would be going great if not for the 70 on my psychology exam. (But I can get over that if we can dump the Carr threads onto another team.)

WaywardTexanFan
03-09-2007, 02:14 PM
She's HOT! That's who she is!

Yes she is:drool:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Stacy Keibler, and yes, she is hot.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 02:16 PM
They should call this the "Seinfeld Thread."

Its the thread that about nothing.

ib4texans
03-09-2007, 02:17 PM

yada,yada,yada!

WaywardTexanFan
03-09-2007, 02:19 PM

Most of the threads here start off on a good note and then rapidly fall into disarray. We should keep Carr and give him another raise. Oh well let's see if this catching anyones eye.

powerfuldragon
03-09-2007, 02:20 PM
sigh.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Stacy Keibler, and yes, she is hot.

Yeah, not surprising. Those legs are 1st Round material.

I hope we don't have to curb our enthusiasm....

cuppacoffee
03-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. . . People move all the time, infact, my wife and I just sold our house, but that doesn't mean I am leaving my job.

SWEET JESUS!!!

TexanPride is LEEEEEEEAVING!!!!

My usually reliable source confirms this, but asked me not to quote him. :jk:

He also confirmed to me that Mario is retiring, thats why Marios house is up for sale. Same as before he asked me not to quote him. :jk:

Guess if we wait long enough both the Carr and Mario rumors will in fact... become fact.

In the mean time, we can just post away.:bubble:

:coffee:

texanskan
03-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Most of the threads here start off on a good note and then rapidly fall into disarray. We should keep Carr and give him another raise. Oh well let's see if this catching anyones eye.

Last year's raise just shows that in America you don't have to be good, you just need to be in the right place at the right time.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah, not surprising. Those legs are 1st Round material.

I hope we don't have to curb our enthusiasm....

WAKA WAKA WAKA

Porky
03-09-2007, 02:28 PM

Tuesday at 3:38:32

Of course, that's just an estimate. :)

texans83
03-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Tuesday at 3:38:32

Of course, that's just an estimate. :)

Nice, I hope it happens today though, im getting pretty excited.:yahoo:

TexanSam
03-09-2007, 02:37 PM
It would be funny if he didn't get traded today and everyone's hopes just died.

gtexan02
03-09-2007, 02:38 PM

That will happen. I bet its weeks before anything goes down

threetoedpete
03-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Man you're cruel dude. If it's over then ok. I'm finding no pleasure in it though.

ib4texans
03-09-2007, 02:39 PM

That's what I'm hoping for, we'll need to put Porky and Second Honeymoon on suicide watch though!

texans83
03-09-2007, 02:40 PM

thanks for spoiling my day!!

WaywardTexanFan
03-09-2007, 02:40 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2792825&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dpasquar elli_len%26id%3d2792825

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

ESPN.com reports that the Texans are targeting Brady Quinn in the draft, and may have a trade worked out with the Redskins.

Houston reportedly feels that they need to jump ahead of Minnesota to ensure landing Quinn. A trade wouldn't happen until draft day, but the rumors of Quinn "falling" down the draft board appear overblown, as we expected.

Does anyone have ESPN Insider access?

texans83
03-09-2007, 02:41 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2792825&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dpasquar elli_len%26id%3d2792825

ESPN.com reports that the Texans are targeting Brady Quinn in the draft, and may have a trade worked out with the Redskins.

Houston reportedly feels that they need to jump ahead of Minnesota to ensure landing Quinn. A trade wouldn't happen until draft day, but the rumors of Quinn "falling" down the draft board appear overblown, as we expected.

Does anyone have ESPN Insider access?

I knew it

texanskan
03-09-2007, 02:42 PM

I would think that would be pretty funny, seriously how much can we get for this guy? Is it a third? Do the Raiders want to repay us for P-Burnt with a 2nd?

Vinny
03-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Does anyone have ESPN Insider access?I told you guys not to be shocked about us taking Quinn...but nobody listens to me. :joker:

texans83
03-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I told you guys not to be shocked about us taking Quinn...but nobody listens to me. :joker:

I knew they were going to, go look at most of my posts it has us taking Quinn.... So hah

The Pencil Neck
03-09-2007, 02:44 PM
I told you guys not to be shocked about us taking Quinn...but nobody listens to me. :joker:

Did someone say something? Or was that a gnat buzzing around?

Wolf
03-09-2007, 02:45 PM
wow, Carr.2 except Texans have the Service pack 2 (Kubiak)

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 02:45 PM
I'd Rather Keep Carr Than Have Quinn

texans83
03-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Poor BQ he is going to get bashed b4 he even steps foot on the field, haha.

Mr. White
wow, Carr.2

I don't agree on this one. I put a lot more stock in a Charlie Weis QB than a Jeff Tedford QB.

Vinny
http://www.etruth.com/media/NewsPhotos/25826_websm.jpg

threetoedpete
03-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Did someone say something? Or was that a gnat buzzing around?

So if they take Quinn number one overall, does that mean they draft kevin Kolb also ? Inquiring minds would like to know.

texans83
03-09-2007, 02:48 PM

goofy lookin????

jerek
03-09-2007, 02:49 PM

I'd still be surprised if we trade up for him simply because I think our GM is focused on keeping our draft picks, though I suppose it isn't out of the question if we somehow acquire picks in dealing Carr. But I do think that if he falls to us at #8, we'll think long and hard about taking him. Which still bothers me because I'm not convinced that's the right move at this point, but I think it's quite possible.

afcman
03-09-2007, 02:49 PM
I'd Rather Keep Carr Than Have Quinn

Whoo.....that's too close to call. I have very little faith in Quinn. But he may come in and kick *****. I just hope we don't get Carr v.1.5.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Well at least the message board won't die down after we let Carr go.

Now there is going to be Quinn haters.

I almost feel bad for Quinn.

jerek
03-09-2007, 02:50 PM

So Vinny--do you think trading up for Quinn is the best (or even a good) move?

texans83
03-09-2007, 02:51 PM
I think wants Quinn gets in here and lights it up you all will be thinking diffrently. I just want to save some of these posts so maybe just maybe it comes back and bites you in the @$$.

santo

Or if he started the regular season...:gun:

Texan_Bill
NO Quinn.... Another pretty boy QB??

Let's get an ugly guy, like a Bradshaw or Plunkett...

threetoedpete
Poor BQ he is going to get bashed b4 he even steps foot on the field, haha.

That's what i was just thinking. It doesn't take this crew very long does it ?

texans83
03-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Its going to like last year all over again if we take Quinn, why didnt we take Landry I can already hear it.

real
03-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Quinn is a beast...Draft him.

texans83
03-09-2007, 02:53 PM
NO Quinn.... Another pretty boy QB??

Let's get an ugly guy, like a Bradshaw or Plunkett...

geez you know how bad Bradshaw was when he first got in? If Bradshaw played for the texans I dont think he would have ever made it past the first year with all the bashing

Vinny
03-09-2007, 02:54 PM
So Vinny--do you think trading up for Quinn is the best (or even a good) move?
I probably wouldn't do it...but I think we will (if all the planets line up right). I'm not going to be dissapointed though....the only time I'll get dissapointed is if the players don't play well on the field. I'm cool with whatever direction they take as long as the new players can make some plays to offset their errors. Carr hasn't been able to do this in 5 years so I welcome a change.

texans83
:drool:Quinn is a beast...Draft him.

Thats what im saying

Texan_Bill
That's what i was just thinking. It doesn't take this crew very long does it ?

Nope... This place is like a fire ant mound... Once you stir it up, their all over, in a heart beat and biting the beJesus you

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
I've been saying that I expect to see Brady Quinn in a Texans uniform for awhile now.

texans83
03-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I really think BQ in a texans uniform will be good. I just hope im right

TexanFan881
03-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't mind getting Quinn, I just don't want to trade up and get him. The only way I want him is if he falls to 8.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 02:56 PM
That's what I'm hoping for, we'll need to put Porky and Second Honeymoon on suicide watch though!

haha. actually i am more likely to go on suicide watch if they have to give up picks to move up to get Quinn. I like Quinn and think he would be a great value at #8 but history has shown us that the cost to move up is always so high. I say we 'let it ride' and only draft Quinn if he is available at #8. If he isn't that means either AP, Branch, Adams, or *shudders in fear* Russell will be there at #8.

The most I would be willing to pay is a 2nd rounder next year and our #8 pick to move up to Washington's slot. And we all know that the Skins wouldnt take that deal and if they were willing, the Vikings could surely trump it.

TexanSam
03-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Damn, there's almost 1000 billionaires in the world. Scary.

texans83
03-09-2007, 02:57 PM
I don't mind getting Quinn, I just don't want to trade up and get him. The only way I want him is if he falls to 8.

what if we do get the number 6 but dont loose any draft picks. Do you guys think they might be giving then Carr fot their 6 and giving them our 8?

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 02:57 PM
wow, Carr.2 except Texans have the Service pack 2 (Kubiak)

IT Humor in the Texans Forums? shame on you :)

threetoedpete
03-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Its going to like last year all over again if we take Quinn, why didnt we take Landry I can already hear it.

Or all day. So we're not ever going to have a peaceful board it appears. XT likes it. That just sent off alarm bells in my head. Hey if he's Kubiack's guy I've got no problems with the move. One thing is for sure Uncle Bob has no problems spending money for us. I bet if it happens...we don't even see him the first season barring injury. I wouldn't stick a fifty miilion dollar guy behind that o-line for sure. Under fire is one thing. Being pitched into the incierator is quite another.

jerek
03-09-2007, 02:58 PM
I probably wouldn't do it...but I think we will (if all the planets line up right). I'm not going to be dissapointed though....the only time I'll get dissapointed is if the players don't play well on the field. I'm cool with whatever direction they take as long as the new players can make some plays to offset their errors. Carr hasn't been able to do this in 5 years so I welcome a change.

I'd agree that Carr's errors outweigh the balance of his good plays. For years I was content to cut him slack given his abysmal supporting cast and coaching, and in all honesty, I'd still rather spend our first round pick upgrading some other position besides the QB, give him one more year to duke it out with Sage. I'm not convinced that Quinn is the answer right now, and I still think our FO is focused on stockpiling picks for the draft rather than giving them away, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn ends up a Texan come draft day. A little disappointed maybe, but not surprised. And if Quinn can come in and substantially outperform Carr, then I agree that it'd be a refreshing change as a fan, even if I think it wasn't the optimal choice.

WaywardTexanFan
03-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Just checked the Skins board and they are :drool: over the thought of playing Miami, Houston and Minny against each other and bending everyone over.

Warhead36
The Pro Bowlers

Posts: 8,247 Re: Skins And Texans Talking Trade According To Fatty P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We should try to get the Vikings, Texans, and if possible the Dolphins to all outbid each other.

Contact the Vikings and Dolphins and tell them they have a trade in place with the Texans in exchange for a certain pick, and see if you can get more.

Create a bidding war and reap the benefits.

TexanFan881
03-09-2007, 03:00 PM
what if we do get the number 6 but dont loose any draft picks. Do you guys think they might be giving then Carr fot their 6 and giving them our 8?

If we are supposedly trading Carr as early as tonight and if we trade up it will be on draft day, I don't see that happening.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 03:00 PM

that sucks, vinny :)

is Tyson Beckford our next RB? is Fabio steroid-free? what about Derek Zoolander...oh wait, were about to trade him away :)

texans83
03-09-2007, 03:01 PM
In all honesty if they do decide to pick BQ then I would hope that Kubes itleast sits him for half the season if not the whole season and let him get a feel. Then by next draft we can we can finish filling up our wholes then throw him into the wolves.

PapaL
03-09-2007, 03:01 PM
19+ pages in a couple of hours. Guess it'll be awhile until I catch up. Anyone want to give a recap and save me the time?

Mr. White
03-09-2007, 03:02 PM

Looks like a Chess King model.

Vinny
19+ pages in a couple of hours. Guess it'll be awhile until I catch up. Anyone want to give a recap and save me the time?

blah, blah, blah, blah, Carr, blah, blah, blah

Second Honeymoon
geez you know how bad Bradshaw was when he first got in? If Bradshaw played for the texans I dont think he would have ever made it past the first year with all the bashing

look at the big brain on brad.

yeah bradshaw was horrible early in his career. he was viewed by Steeler Fan as a dumb southern hick....things worked out ok in the end though

texans83
03-09-2007, 03:03 PM

yup that about summs it up

PapaL
I'm just going to stop going to work and start sitting here all day waiting for news to break.

But yes, If we draft a QB early round let him sit and learn the system for half the year atleast. Give the line some time to get to know each other and the new guy time to get to know the team.

texans83

yeah bradshaw was horrible early in his career. he was viewed by Steeler Fan as a dumb southern hick....things worked out ok in the end though

Oh i know I just dont think Houston fans would let another QB have that long to get there, you see what im saying?

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 03:04 PM

that would be a total coup

texans83
If his first pass is incomplete I can already hear the boooos and get the hell out of Htown.IMO

PapaL

Sweet, figured as much.

Off I go to buy a video game.

WaywardTexanFan

Alot of Blah I Hate Carr Blah We want Quinn Blah Blah

TwinSisters

sure.

D-Rob dissed Carr on Cold Pizza.
McClain said Carr will be traded.
Vinny said banner will change near training camp.
Vinny was told to replace Carr in the banner.
Cold Pizza announces "Carr will be Traded"

I think that's it.

Porky
I'm good with Quinn. ABC. I like Russell better long term, but that's not to say I think Quinn will be a flop (whether he lands here or elsewhere).

To me, I think Quinn/Russell is somewhat amalgous to Leinart/Young last year.

In fact, Quinn has some Leinart qualaties I think (in the games I saw). He seems to be a good leader, intelligent, and polished. I think he will play, and play well much sooner than Russell. Also, like Leinart/Young, I think his floor is much higher than Russell. Russell strikes me very much as a boom or bust type who will need time to learn and polish his game, but who has a very high upside.

Brady can start day one, although after the Carr debacle, I doubt that happens here if we do draft him. I don't see all-pro in Quinn, but I doubt seriousely he busts as badly as Carr. I see a good quality pro who will play for the next 15 years, and play well, but not Manning/Brady/Elway, etc good.

Vinny
03-09-2007, 03:05 PM
If his first pass is incomplete I can already hear the boooos and get the hell out of Htown.IMOThese are the same fans that gave Carr half a decade....He will be fine if he can play.

texans83
03-09-2007, 03:07 PM
I dont know if they say he will be the next TB then I would deff like to have him on my team for the next 15yrs

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 03:07 PM

True dat - he was horrible and lived in Chuck Noll's doghouse...

And if we think Bradshaw is goofy now, imagine him after taking a beating.

texans83
03-09-2007, 03:08 PM
These are the same fans that gave Carr half a decade....He will be fine if he can play.

man is it July yet??? I cant wait till next season..... Party at my bus in the yellow lot.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Oh i know I just dont think Houston fans would let another QB have that long to get there, you see what im saying?

I see what you are saying but we did give Carr 5 years before he was totally thrown to the wolves. That is pretty patient imho. but i totally get what you are saying and Quinn wouldnt get as long a leash as Carr has been afforded. that is for sure.

Errant Hothy
03-09-2007, 03:09 PM
IF the Fo deceides to spend draft picks to move up to get Quinn I'm going to be more then a little disappionted. Rick Smith has basically been preaching that they would not make this kind of move, and with a team in the shape that ours is I think this would be a very poor idea. If Quinn falls to 8, drfat him; I just don't want to trade up to get him. Remmeber what happened teh last time we traded up for a player?

JayCee
03-09-2007, 03:10 PM
From 610,

Deal in place with Redskins - if Quinn is available @ the 6th Texans will trade up to get Quinn since they are convinced Quinn will go to the Vikings.

TwinSisters
03-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I see what you are saying but we did give Carr 5 years before he was totally thrown to the wolves. That is pretty patient imho. but i totally get what you are saying and Quinn wouldnt get as long a leash as Carr has been afforded. that is for sure.

leash.

More like free range chicken.

hollywood_texan
I don't see all-pro in Quinn, but I doubt seriousely he busts as badly as Carr. I see a good quality pro who will play for the next 15 years, and play well, but not Manning/Brady/Elway, etc good.

IMO, if you don't think a QB prospect is All Pro quality, you shouldn't take that prospect in the 1st round when there are glaring holes all over the team.

Quinn is a good prospect but the first round pick this year really needs to be an impact player that starts from day one.

IMO, there are guys like Quinn in the draft every year. If Quinn hadn't played at Notre Dame, the hype probably wouldn't be there.

If the Texans were solid in the defensive secondary and offensive line, I would say go for it on Quinn.

texans83
From 610,

Deal in place with Redskins - if Quinn is available @ the 6th Texans will trade up to get Quinn since they are convinced Quinn will go to the Vikings.

really

run-david-run
03-09-2007, 03:12 PM
From 610,

Could be for Carr to serve as insurance for Jason Campbell. From everything that has been said, the Texans are not willing to give up draft picks to move up, so if not Carr, then what are we giving up? :confused:

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 03:13 PM
From 610,

i am sure the Skins are telling the Texans exactly that. we cant let ourselves get Babin-ed again. I would rather have Adams or Branch and keep our draft picks than Quinn and a hemmorage of draft picks.

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Who'd take Carr?

Minnesota? (Who really thinks Tarvaris is awesome???)
Oakland?? (frees them up to take a non-QB)
Washington??? (they don't have any badasses at QB)
Buffalo????? (probably not w/ Losman...but they just got an extra third)
Tampa Bay????? (they LOVE mediocre qb's)

Skins?

Dallas_Texan
03-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I don't agree on this one. I put a lot more stock in a Charlie Weis QB than a Jeff Tedford QB.

The problem is, this isn't a Weis QB. He's a QB that Weis was able to make look good for one year, but still couldn't hide his flaws against good teams. I would rather have a QB that looked good for a mid-rate coach, b/c that means a good coach can make him look even better. There's no room to improve on Weis's coaching. Quinn's just going to be facing tougher opponents. He won't make it. He's Carr 2.0 or I should say Carr 0.5 .....2.0 implies he'll do better, and if he does, it's only b/c we have a decent O-line finally.

El Tejano
03-09-2007, 03:16 PM
From 610,

I can dig that. Swap David and our 1st for the Redskins 1st. That leaves more than one option for us although it probably means we go with Quinn.

However, what if Houston is looking to say they want Quinn so that a) another top pick falls to them or b) someone who wants Quinn will trade with us once we have the Redskins pick?

afcman
I'm just going to stop going to work and start sitting here all day waiting for news to break.

Listening to NFL on Sirius online as I surf. It rocks.

TexanFan881
From 610,

Hopefully our front office will wake up by draft day...

texans83
03-09-2007, 03:17 PM
The problem is, this isn't a Weis QB. He's a QB that Weis was able to make look good for one year, but still couldn't hide his flaws against good teams. I would rather have a QB that looked good for a mid-rate coach, b/c that means a good coach can make him look even better. There's no room to improve on Weis's coaching. Quinn's just going to be facing tougher opponents. He won't make it. He's Carr 2.0 or I should say Carr 0.5 .....2.0 implies he'll do better, and if he does, it's only b/c we have a decent O-line finally.

I dont agree, Brady did fine with other big schools it was his defence that would give up 40points but I guess brady should have played D too

Errant Hothy
03-09-2007, 03:18 PM
I can dig that. Swap David and our 1st for the Redskins 1st. That leaves more than one option for us although it probably means we go with Quinn.

However, what if Houston is looking to say they want Quinn so that a) another top pick falls to them or b) someone who wants Quinn will trade with us once we have the Redskins pick?

Except that Washington does not have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick this year so you know they are wanting draft picks in return not over-paid shell shocked QBs

Second Honeymoon
Vikes?

he actually had his best half of football against the Vikings so who knows. I think his best opportunity for success is Oakland. The expectations will be low and Carr is better than any other QB they have on their roster. One of the few destinations that Carr could actually be an upgrade.

Davis has been known to try and reclaim failed projects. I think it would be a no-brainer but not for Carr's performance in Oakland. It was embarassing.

Mr. White

Or maybe ND was just a sorry team that was just overrated. I'm willing to give Quinn the benefit of the doubt on this one.

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 03:19 PM
IMO, if you don't think a QB prospect is All Pro quality, you shouldn't take that prospect in the 1st round when there are glaring holes all over the team.

Quinn is a good prospect but the first round pick this year really needs to be an impact player that starts from day one.

Sincerely,
Vince Young

PapaL
03-09-2007, 03:19 PM

I worked at classified gov site, yeah no commerical internet. Have to wait to turn on XM when I get in the car.

texans83
03-09-2007, 03:20 PM
I worked at classified gov site, yeah no commerical internet. Have to wait to turn on XM when I get in the car.

thats sucks!!1 I just listen to 610 online, its aight

OrangeCountyTexansFan
03-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Very much so. Sirius Radio -- Greatest invention ever maybe?

texans83
03-09-2007, 03:21 PM
so is everyone on here at their job? I thought I was the only bumm not doing my work.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 03:22 PM
I dont agree, Brady did fine with other big schools it was his defence that would give up 40points but I guess brady should have played D too

totally. a lot of good football players lose to USC and Michigan. He played well in almost all the games he played, Notre Dame's defense is horrible.

PapaL
03-09-2007, 03:22 PM
thats sucks!!1 I just listen to 610 online, its aight

It does. I'll go out to my car, turn on my cell phone and surf the web. Cell phone surfing is not cool.

so is everyone on here at their job? I thought I was the only bumm not doing my work.

I left early. Extra hours to burn before end of pay period.

santo
03-09-2007, 03:23 PM

:secret:

NFLforher

I was at my job now I'm home on lunch.

Texan_Bill

Technically, I'm at "work" .... But its really boring and not worth my time.

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Yeah right, man...we're all not doing work.

texans83
03-09-2007, 03:25 PM
ok so as long as im not the only one. :yahoo:

SESupergenius
03-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Vinny, why didn't they ask you to change the Dominick photo as well?

Anyways, if we aren't going to upgrade the QB position then yes I would be upset at the trade. As far as drafting Quinn, I just don't like that at all when there are more things against his game than there were for Carr when he was being drafted. Add to that that we would have to move up. I don't know the specifics but If we move up, it aint for free. Our team can't afford that with so many positions still needed to be addressed.

texans83
03-09-2007, 03:26 PM
If I didnt have the threads I dont know what I would acually do at work. What the hell did people do befor the internet? work... haha its overrated

Kaiser Toro
03-09-2007, 03:28 PM

I honestly believe this is a great move to provide cover for our true targets in a trade up scenario - Thomas and Peterson.

Errant Hothy
03-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Super slow at my work today...can't ya tell.

texans83
03-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Super slow at my work today...can't ya tell.

bro I think you are on here as much as I am everyday. so the question is when arent we slow???

Errant Hothy
bro I think you are on here as much as I am everyday. so the question is when arent we slow???

October and January.

That and 2 monitors at work make following the board really easy.

The Pencil Neck

You are not alone.

Kaiser Toro
03-09-2007, 03:32 PM

Mmmm, a Royale with Cheese.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 03:34 PM

No your not the only ones. There will be people who do not get there car back due to my goofing off.

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 03:35 PM
I honestly believe this is a great move to provide cover for our true targets in a trade up scenario - Thomas and Peterson.

ZESTY!!!!

Wolf
I'd agree that Carr's errors outweigh the balance of his good plays. For years I was content to cut him slack given his abysmal supporting cast and coaching, and in all honesty, I'd still rather spend our first round pick upgrading some other position besides the QB, give him one more year to duke it out with Sage. I'm not convinced that Quinn is the answer right now, and I still think our FO is focused on stockpiling picks for the draft rather than giving them away, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn ends up a Texan come draft day. A little disappointed maybe, but not surprised. And if Quinn can come in and substantially outperform Carr, then I agree that it'd be a refreshing change as a fan, even if I think it wasn't the optimal choice.

I agree Jerek... I guess my feelings are that i defended David over the years. People talked about David and playing at Fresno and the weak conference.. Well David beat some ranked teams in college... Quinn on the other hand.. was not very good against some top ranked schools ...got me skeptical..

I want Peterson or someone to help the defense

If we draft Quinn or someone other than Peterson or defense, I might be upset on draft day,but i will be over it in a few days and focus on the team that we are assembling and definitely not going to do the "told you so" if someone that we don't draft happens to do better than our draftees

texans83
No your not the only ones. There will be people who do not get there car back due to my goofing off.

lol well I hope not to do business with you.

Porky
03-09-2007, 03:39 PM

IMO, there are guys like Quinn in the draft every year. If Quinn hadn't played at Notre Dame, the hype probably wouldn't be there.

If the Texans were solid in the defensive secondary and offensive line, I would say go for it on Quinn.

Let's be clear. That is my evualation. I trust the Texans scouts and coaches who watch hours of film, see him in person, talk to his coaches, etc., much more than anyone on this board, including myself. Unlike the last braintrust, (an oxymoron) I implicitly trust this one to do what's best for the team. Even if Quinn isn't all that and a bag of chips, he has to be better than Carr who is just a bag of stale doritos.

WaywardTexanFan
03-09-2007, 03:40 PM

At home with a sick kiddo; She is snoozing so dad gets to play on the computer.

Kaiser Toro
03-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Let's be clear. That is my evualation. I trust the Texans scouts and coaches who watch hours of film, see him in person, talk to his coaches, etc., much more than anyone on this board, including myself. Unlike the last braintrust, (an oxymoron) I implicitly trust this one to do what's best for the team. Even if Quinn isn't all that and a bag of chips, he has to be better than Carr who is just a bag of stale doritos.

Easy Porky. One team's Carrbage is another team's treasure.

texans83
03-09-2007, 03:43 PM
At home with a sick kiddo; She is snoozing so dad gets to play on the computer.

Nice yea My 1yr old boy has 104 feaver since monday, I was at the hospital all night but daddy had to get up and go to work so, he is doing much better though. kids being sick is tuff, I cant stand seeing him in pain and you not know what is wrong, or you cant fix it.

Porky
03-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Easy Porky. One team's Carrbage is another team's treasure.

I forgot, we don't want to lower his trade value. :secret:

Someone wake me up when Carr is traded. :zzz:

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 03:45 PM

Correctamundo!!

dirty steve
03-09-2007, 03:46 PM
in all fairness, i think brother Jules was eating Brad's "Big Kahuna Burger" in that scene.

My Hero
03-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Texans w/out Carr=MuddDogs w/out Waterboy

Let Waterboy play!:yahoo:

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 03:48 PM
in all fairness, i think brother Jules was eating Brad's "Big Kahuna Burger" in that scene.

Correctamundo!!

santo
03-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Texans w/out Carr=MuddDogs w/out Waterboy

Let Waterboy play!:yahoo:

:confused:

HOU-TEX
03-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Here's what a poster stated in the Solomon blog. Did anyone hear anything on FOX 26 about this?

Hey Solo, first time hitting you up man and I agree with your analysis. If you can, bring some light or clear up a rumor that is going around on a forum for me. Heard that show in Bristol, Carr is supposetly traded and the Sports analyst for Fox 26 said we could hear a final word as soon as this evening. From what I'm gathering, the suitors are Oakland for there 3rd round pick which is really a second since it is the 1st pick in the 3rd. Clean this up for me man, thanks

Posted by: Daryl at March 9, 2007 11:56 AM

http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2007/03/texans_continue_to_get_it_done_1.html

amazingandre
03-09-2007, 03:51 PM
has hulk75 been on at all today?????

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 03:52 PM
the deafening silence from the 75 crew seems quite telling.....

Kaiser Toro
03-09-2007, 03:53 PM

and a tasty beverage

HuttoKarl
and a tasty beverage

Sprite.

amazingandre
thats what a poster stated earlier the longer the 75's stay away the more truth there is to this rumor.....

texans83
03-09-2007, 03:54 PM
has hulk75 been on at all today?????

I havent seen him since ive been on and ive been on since 10

amazingandre
03-09-2007, 03:57 PM
its been 16 hrs since hulk's last post

texans83

I wonder if he knows something?

HuttoKarl

Maybe he's joining the Redskins board.

:)

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 03:58 PM
"Hey Flock of Seagulls......"

texans83
Maybe he's joining the Redskins board.

:)

check it out and see if he is on there, wouldnt that be some funny stuff?

dirty steve
and a tasty beverage
my favorite scene in that movie is the one where john travolta blows that guys head off as jules and vincent vega are riding down the road, and the subsequent scene at jimmy's (tarantino).

Hulk75
03-09-2007, 04:00 PM
So if "75" were to post, would the rumor be false.:this:

Guys to tell you the truth I dont know nothing, we all just got done working out and playing golf on a wonderfull day at Red Stone.

You guys are funny like our whole world would just stop because of all this, too funny fellas.

Texan_Bill
my favorite scene in that movie is the one where john travolta blows that guys head off as jules and vincent vega are riding down the road, and the subsequent scene at jimmy's (tarantino).

"Oh ****... I shot Marvin in the face....."

texans83

Guys to tell you the truth I dont know nothing, we all just got done working out and playing golf on a wonderfull day at Red Stone.

You guys are funny like our whole world would just stop because of all this, too funny fellas.

hey there you are!! You scared me

My Hero
03-09-2007, 04:02 PM

YEAH!

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 04:02 PM

I'm sure since this rumor is revolving around the POSSIBILITY of Quinn being there when Washington picks, it's too damn early for any of us to know anything or worry much about it. Hope the golf gods treated you well today.

texans83
03-09-2007, 04:03 PM
they just confirmed to trade Carr to the redskins for the #6 pick and give them our pick only if BQ is there!!!!

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 04:03 PM
they just confirmed to trade Carr to the redskins for the #6 pick and give them our pick only if BQ is there!!!!

They who?

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 04:04 PM
YEAH!

yeah another california fan....you may want to migrate your profile over to the Redskins forum

texans83
They who?

610 radio

TwinSisters
http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,467714,00.html

that's my call on when Carr gets shipped out.

population spike in Harris County.

:fortune:

My Hero
the deafening silence from the 75 crew seems quite telling.....

QB75 posted in this thread 2 hrs ago! Hulk75 just posted,maybe we'll here dome silence now.

Scottyboy
Bad News Hulk- Bubby is out the door!! :yahoo:

"You read the Bible Brad?"

Hulk75
yeah another california fan....you may want to migrate your profile over to the Redskins forum

Why so angry?

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 04:05 PM
QB75 posted in this thread 2 hrs ago! Hulk75 just posted,maybe we'll here dome silence now.

Who's QB75? Pardon my ignorance.

Mr. White
610 radio

I wouldn't say that they confirmed it. They're just repeating the rumor.

HuttoKarl
Why so angry?

David must have kicked his dog.

Second Honeymoon
Why so angry?

not angry at all. actually quite pleasant today.

texans83
03-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Why so angry?

were not angry and we want you to still stay here and chat with us, but letts face it you bro will prob be a redskin next year

Hulk75
Bad News Hulk- Bubby is out the door!! :yahoo:

"You read the Bible Brad?"

BAD NEWS?, freaking great news, he is not the Texans scape goat no more, gets paid the same and gets to go play for a more talented team, yes bad news I guess.

TommyS

have the skins given up on Campbell, and why bother renegotiating with Brunnell?

Wolf
wow, when I thought this tread couldn't go down a darker,non-informative road

texans83
03-09-2007, 04:07 PM
BAD NEWS?, freaking great news, he is not the Texans scape goat no more, gets paid the same and gets to go play for a more talented team, yes bad news I guess.

WOW easy killer

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't say that they confirmed it. They're just repeating the rumor.

Thats the way I heard it... In fact, they prefaced it by saying that Len Pasquerelli has been "wrong" before.

Wolf
03-09-2007, 04:08 PM
reminds me of that commercial when the guy is driving in the car and the car's navigational system says "turn right" guy turns right into a building then the navigational system says "in 50 feet"

texans83
03-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Thats the way I heard it... In fact, they prefaced it by saying that Len Pasquerelli has been "wrong" before.

yea I know I was just trying to get something out of Hulk75, it kinda worked. He did say he would like washington

HuttoKarl
03-09-2007, 04:09 PM

Get out of town....not Len!

texans83
reminds me of that commercial when the guy is driving in the car and the car's navigational system says "turn right" guy turns right into a building then the navigational system says "in 50 feet"

I havent seen that one, lol but thats funny

Marcus

It's just the beginning of March. Why would they do that now instead of on draft day?

Man, some of you are so damn gullible to silly rumors, you should feel ashamed.

Texan_Bill
Get out of town....not Len!

LOL.... right!!

WaywardTexanFan
03-09-2007, 04:10 PM
WOW easy killer

I think he is well within his right to speak his mind. Y'all don't have any problem doing it.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 04:11 PM

Hey Hey Hey.......Thats not true, now we get to kick Brady Quinn around.

The Official "Brady Quinn Hater Line" forms behind me.

Hulk75
yea I know I was just trying to get something out of Hulk75, it kinda worked. He did say he would like washington

Hulk is not moving, Hulk has great job and is getting his degree, Hulk will fly to games, SO Hulk does not care were Hulk brother go. As long as it is not Detriot.

texans83
It's just the beginning of March. Why would they do that now instead of on draft day?

They have come to the aggrement that if BQ is there they will make the trade but if not then they wont.

santo
If Quinn's not there at the 6 spot, then does this mean Carr would still be here for the 2007 season?

Texan_Bill

I see you working.. But in all fairness to Hulk75, he probably was asked to "walk the company line", so to speak and may not elaborate any more than he has...

I can respect that.....

cuppacoffee
IF the Fo deceides to spend draft picks to move up to get Quinn I'm going to be more then a little disappionted. Rick Smith has basically been preaching that they would not make this kind of move, and with a team in the shape that ours is I think this would be a very poor idea. If Quinn falls to 8, drfat him; I just don't want to trade up to get him. Remmeber what happened teh last time we traded up for a player?

No worry.

I'm of the opinion that if Oakland doesn't draft Quinn, Cleveland will.

I would love to see Quinn here (see my avatar), but like you, I wouldn't want to lose draft picks to do it. We have too many needs.

As I mentioned in another post, Quinn is a great pocket passer.

Throwing on the move, as required by Kubiak, is not his strong suit.

Those who post here that Quinn makes bad decisions and panics when things break down obviously have not watched him play, but are speaking from other biases.

He will make somebody a great QB.

Hulk75
Hey Hey Hey.......Thats not true, now we get to kick Brady Quinn around.

The Official "Brady Quinn Hater Line" forms behind me.

:dance2: ......that was funny.

texans83
03-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Hulk is not moving, Hulk has great job and is getting his degree, Hulk will fly to games, SO Hulk does not care were Hulk brother go. As long as it is not Detriot.

haha nice one

texans83
03-09-2007, 04:12 PM

well itleast you have your priorities straight.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 04:13 PM

what else is there to do on a beautiful afternoon? Go out doors? Fish?

HuttoKarl

:perfect10: :bguitar: lol:

Best post ever.

Vinny

Correctamundo!!

and a tasty beverage

Sprite.a 40oz at that.

Second Honeymoon

i guess you will just continue to blame the rest of the Texans squad for Carr's shortcomings and failures up until the moment his departure is official. at least your consistent, i will give you that.

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 04:14 PM
No worry.

I would love to see Quinn here (see my avatar), but like you, I wouldn't want to lose draft picks to do it. We have too many needs.

Those who post here that Quinn makes bad decisions and panics when things break down obviously have not watched him play, but are speaking from other biases.

My criticism(s) of Quinn come solely from what I saw with my own eyes in the Sugar Bowl (and some others throughout his ND career)... He threw like 15 of 35 for about 148 yards. That was in a big game, against a good team..

dirty steve
03-09-2007, 04:15 PM
a 40oz at that.
on the subject of food references in pulp fiction--bruce willis' girlfriend wanted blueberry pancakes.

HuttoKarl
No worry.

Cleveland just traded Droughns to the Giants. They'll take Peterson.

Hulk75
i guess you will just continue to blame the rest of the Texans squad for Carr's shortcomings and failures up until the moment his departure is official. at least your consistent, i will give you that.

Okay, thanks.?:backsout:

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 04:16 PM

i gotta agree. you can't let minnesota know this unless the skins are leaking it to drive the bidding up. either way, we don't want this to be knowledge until the deal is made. I say we just go ahead and make the deal if the deal is Carr to move up 2 slots...take it and thank Snyder for his stupidity

Marcus
03-09-2007, 04:16 PM
They have come to the aggrement that if BQ is there they will make the trade but if not then they wont.

Who has? Provide a link. Show me that this is not some silly rumor.

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2007, 04:17 PM

Hulk smash. Hulk talk about himself in third person. Hulk smash.