PDA

View Full Version : looking towards the WR position

keyfro
03-08-2007, 09:41 PM
ok i for one am all for trading carr to a team that has good depth at WR for a solid WR...ie...trade him to minnesota for troy williamson (mcnair favorite)

but i was looking and here is a list of who is still out there in FA at the reciever position:

donte stallworth for like another 2 minutes
antonio bryant
kevin curtis
justin gage interesting how he had so much promise when he came into the league now you don't hear anything about him
shuan mcdonald
quincy morgan
brandon stockley
travis taylor
kelly washington

still i think it would be worth it to bring in bryant for an interview along with justin gage...i personally saw this kid play when he was at missouri and he can play...just a matter i think of finding a scheme that matches his strong suites

fdknuckles
03-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Pick up Bryant....he's a legitimate threat at #2. Pull Mathis and Anderson up to complete the wide out 4.

Imatexanfan
03-08-2007, 10:48 PM
IMO i like stokley

Low Life
03-09-2007, 01:28 AM
what's the stat on mathis? how many balls has he dropped. i think his potential is untapped. is there a stat on that? his rookie season had no more drops than andre's from my recollection.

Low Life
03-09-2007, 01:29 AM
oh yeah. i agree on stokley. that dude is solid.

t_flare
03-09-2007, 01:48 AM
what's the stat on mathis? how many balls has he dropped. i think his potential is untapped. is there a stat on that? his rookie season had no more drops than andre's from my recollection.

drops are one thing... running routes, run blocking, getting open and Mathis' worst thing

INJURY PRONE! that and he feel off his bike

rickyb
03-09-2007, 08:20 AM
donte stallworth for like another 2 minutes
antonio bryant
kevin curtis
justin gage interesting how he had so much promise when he came into the league now you don't hear anything about him
shuan mcdonald
quincy morgan
brandon stockley
travis taylor
kelly washington

Holy schnikes. If we could land Kevin Curtis, Rick Smith would rock the house. Big time. :superman:

threetoedpete
03-09-2007, 08:28 AM
quincy morgan
I wonder how much he would cost ?

Exithios
03-09-2007, 09:06 AM
The #2 WR position is the least of my worries. Between the FA and the Draft, the WR position is so deep that we will end up with a solid #2 no matter what.

Spled
03-09-2007, 01:20 PM
What about Drew Bennett?

TommyS
03-09-2007, 01:22 PM
What about Drew Bennett?

signed with St Louis a couple days ago

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/60773/

Spled
03-09-2007, 01:25 PM
For 30 million. Too expensive.

keyfro
03-09-2007, 04:49 PM
granted all of the guys i listed above have faults

i would absolutely love it if jerome mathis could come back healthy, not have a hamstring problem, and become the #2 WR on for this team...he's speed would force teams to bring a safty over to him for insurence and even then he might be able to slip pass the FS

with walter you have what i think will be a solid possession guy...which a lot of quality 2nd WR's are...he has above average size...which is good for those endzone jump balls...and i think he runs routes better than gaffney did when he was here

of course out of the FA antonio bryant probably is the best option and had he not been a head case probably would still be with the 49ers

in the draft there is no shortage of guys available who look like they could fill the need...it's just a matter of how high does rick smith feel this need has to be addressed

Buckle
03-09-2007, 06:59 PM
I hope that the Texans look at a WR in the draft and if Kalil is gone in the 2nd round maybe picking up one then depending on what we do in the 1st. I think that there will be a couple quality WR's who are gonna fall to us in the 2nd who could come in and be the Texans draft steal of '07! Last year we got the defensive player steal of the draft with Ryans, maybe we can pull a repeat this year with a high quality offensive player in the 2nd or 3rd.

bigTEXan8
03-09-2007, 07:04 PM
stokely was good because the colts also had wayne and harrison. not many people have 3 solid db's. other than that...meh. the only way the texans get a good wr is through the draft or by trading carr. that's as good as it gets.

steelbtexan
03-09-2007, 07:14 PM
kevin curtis is the best F.A. wr. available lets bring him in & see if we can sign him.

freedoggy77
03-09-2007, 07:50 PM
stokely would be ok except that he is injury prone

aproberts03
03-09-2007, 08:03 PM
stallworth if he can stay healthy for the whole season would be a great addition on the other side of johnson. with his speed and with johnson it would be hell for any secondary