PDA

View Full Version : Titans lose Brown and Henry.... LenDale to start???

TexansLucky13
03-08-2007, 06:34 PM
http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=4652

Without a FA acquisition or use of the draft to find a new RB, the Titans may wind up having none other than LenDale White as their starter. I personally don't think he has what it takes to stay in the league long, his work ethic doesn't seem to great to me.

Thoughts?

MeLoveTexans
03-08-2007, 07:20 PM
if lendale does start i hope his sports bra holds up (comment regarding his weight gain at last yrs combine, for those that didn't get it)

Please_Evolve
03-08-2007, 07:37 PM
If i was a Titan fan i'd be nervous right now. But figuring Vince Young counts as a running back at times.... you got two on the roster.

With a good amount of Cap space and pressing needs one has to wonder what they're going to do. I'd expect Wistrom maybe to make a visit to Tennessee.

Drew Bennett is gone as well. Lendale white as the RB. Pacman Jones in hot water.

I bet Mcnair is pretty happy to be out of Titanland.

TNTitan
03-09-2007, 07:05 AM
if lendale does start i hope his sports bra holds up (comment regarding his weight gain at last yrs combine, for those that didn't get it)

what? he was 20lbs uder his Rose Bowl weight all last year? Hope your elderly overpaid RB does well this year. Boy, what a way to prove you all made a mistake on not taking Bush last year. lol And Lendale will do just fine btw :)

thunderkyss
03-09-2007, 07:51 AM
I agree with TNT Titan... Lendale looked good last year(in shape)... & better than he did at USC. He showed a few flashes, but you've got to wonder how often he got to work with the first team.

He hit the hole faster than any of our backs, I'll say that for him.

I mean, I know this is Titan Hater Country, but Travis Henry will disappear in a few years. Chris Brown will be forgotten soon. These guys are never was(es) for whatever reason, & I agree with the Titans decision not to waste a dime on them, when RB is the easiest position to replace.

TexansLucky13
03-09-2007, 08:01 AM
He hit the hole faster than any of our backs, I'll say that for him.

Yea.... the donut holes! :tease:

Ten bucks says LenDale doesn't start 8 games.

Twenty bucks says the Texans sweep the Tacks.

hot pickle
03-09-2007, 08:48 AM
maybe they wanna see if they can get marshawn lynch......

thunderkyss
03-09-2007, 09:03 AM

I'm not saying he's going to start any games... But Chris Brown & Travis Henry would be lucky to make it through '07 healthy.

and I don't have ten bucks...

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 09:31 AM
what? he was 20lbs uder his Rose Bowl weight all last year? Hope your elderly overpaid RB does well this year. Boy, what a way to prove you all made a mistake on not taking Bush last year. lol And Lendale will do just fine btw :)

Ya your younger version of Ron Dayne looked real good last year. Hope he keeps up the good work.

torontooilfan
03-09-2007, 10:00 AM

I'll take you up on that wager on the sweep.

:poker:

TexansLucky13
03-09-2007, 10:34 AM
I'll take you up on that wager on the sweep.

:poker:

You're on. I accept PayPal or check. Payable as soon as LaRon Landry breaks Vince Youngs leg.

TexanAddict
03-09-2007, 11:08 AM

I hope y'all are able to get Lendale off the couch this offseason, but if he heard about this beer tossin' fridge (http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=36111&highlight=fridge+beer) I doubt that'll happen. He's probably got himself the upgraded model that can toss cheeseburgers straight into his mouth. :drool: I also don't see how the signing of Green has anything to do with not taking a glorified slot receiver, anyway.

El Amigo Invisible
03-09-2007, 11:59 AM
You're on. I accept PayPal or check. Payable as soon as LaRon Landry breaks Vince Youngs leg.

WOW!That was a classy statement.

TEXANRED
03-09-2007, 12:28 PM
WOW! You show a great deal of class ma'am.

I thought that was classy. If it were me I would say something like, "I hope Landry breaks VY's leg, rips it off, and then go up in the stands and slaps VY's mom with his sons bloody stump."

But thats what I would say, so I guess its a good thing I didn't say it.

El Amigo Invisible
03-09-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm very proud of ya! That's very nice.

MeLoveTexans
02-15-2008, 11:31 AM

yes i am LOLing.. thats why i brought back this thread. Lendale on his part did fine though. Heart and sould of that spectacular Thumbtack offense IMO

Texan_Bill
02-15-2008, 11:34 AM
yes i am LOLing.. thats why i brought back this thread. Lendale on his part did fine though. Heart and sould of that spectacular Thumbtack offense IMO

Pretty sure we haven't seen TNTinnbred in these parts since those comments were made.... :thinking:

Blazing Arrow
02-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Watch what you say about Bush or he will bring thug justice upon you.

Texan_Bill
02-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Watch what you say about Bush or he will bring thug justice upon you.

Who's his soljas??? "Fat Albert" Haynesworth and Pac???

Blazing Arrow
02-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Who's his soljas??? "Fat Albert" Haynesworth and Pac???

It was probably that goon that taunted T Green after he caused a career ending injury.

El Amigo Invisible
02-15-2008, 12:41 PM
It was probably that goon that taunted T Green after he caused a career ending injury.

I hate TJ but TG caused his own injury.

Ckw
02-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I hate TJ but TG caused his own injury.

Anyone who watched that play knows Trent Green injured himself. He laid head first in front of a 325lb DLineman. Stupid!

TJ's response wasn't great but I have a bit of a temper and if someone took out my knees and I was that big, I would have probably done the same thing.

Texan_Bill
02-15-2008, 12:55 PM

I think you got that backwards, it was Green that tried to end some else's playing career...

But thanks for playing and please come again....

Blazing Arrow
02-15-2008, 12:59 PM
I think you got that backwards, it was Green that tried to end some else's playing career...

But thanks for playing and please come again....

Yes curling up in a fetal ball is an "attempt to injure".

:thisbig: this guy is pretty funny just have not found a place for him yet.

Ckw
02-15-2008, 01:05 PM

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/travis%20johnson%20trent%20green%20hou%20chron%20m elissa%20phillip.jpg

As far as Green curling up in a ball, well I think you know that's not true. He got down on all fours like he was about to take it doggie style. He took out TJ's knees. It was a legal move, but a dirty move that should be penalized.

Texan_Bill
02-15-2008, 01:05 PM

Yo..... Earth to sparrow, Earth to Sparrow.. Come in Sparrow......

Why was that douche in the fetal position??

Newtons Third Law of Motion:
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

I'll spell it out for you.... in laymans terms:
* The douche (Green) attempted to put his helmet on a 325 defensive lineman's knee = Action
* Said douche (Green) got knocked the F **** out!! = Opposite Reaction.

Goldensilence
02-15-2008, 01:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxloYLBV0Q

That's not curling up in a ball.

Two for one on this clip. Fat Al and Vince doing their respective things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW4XUpN9bPQ&feature=related

Honoring Earl 34
02-15-2008, 01:11 PM
I'll spell it out for you.... in laymans terms:
* The douche (Green) attempted to put his helmet on a 325 defensive lineman's knee = Action
* Said douche (Green) got knocked the F **** out!! = Opposite Reaction

This applies even more if you've had a history of really bad HEAD injuries .

Texan_Bill
02-15-2008, 01:12 PM
This applies even more if you've had a history of really bad HEAD injuries .

TRUE DAT!!!!

"... must spread rep....."

Blazing Arrow
02-15-2008, 01:15 PM
He missed a block and tried to compensate. I know as a QB he probably spends an hour each practice working on blocking skills in the open field .... ok maybe not. Point is don't stand over a guy and act like a goon. You brought up our thugs just thought I would make sure you were aware of your own.

Honoring Earl 34
02-15-2008, 01:20 PM
He missed a block and tried to compensate. I know as a QB he probably spends an hour each practice working on blocking skills in the open field .... ok maybe not. Point is don't stand over a guy and act like a goon. You brought up our thugs just thought I would make sure you were aware of your own.

It was a bad situation that was more reactive than anything else .

Ckw
02-15-2008, 01:24 PM

Which is why the media uproar over what TJ did was ridiculous. Besides, it wasn't like he did something BA knows all to well and stepped on the seemingly dead Trent Green's face.

Texan_Bill
02-15-2008, 01:32 PM

http://www.barsupply.com/images/drinking-straws.jpghttp://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070430/070430_chimpgesture_hmed_3p.hmedium.jpg

MeLoveTexans
02-15-2008, 01:43 PM
the most important thing here is we all learned what happens when you go and try ta get scarecrow on someone in the nfl... u get ur a$$ laid out and then made fun of.. TJ was learnin TG in basic Thugonomics

bah007
02-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Two for one on this clip. Fat Al and Vince doing their respective things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW4XUpN9bPQ&feature=related

Reminds me of another class act that has stomped on another player before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfMcqB9jwS0&feature=related

Wolf
02-15-2008, 11:20 PM
if Travis did one thing that was stupid, it was his comments afterwards,but I understand where he was coming from, that could have ended his career ,, he just needed to word it better

BTW Travis was NOT fined for the hit

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2007/10/10/no-fine-for-texans-de-travis-johnson-after-green-hit/

Johnson in the same post game didn’t back down, and stated “At 12:01, I had a lot of respect for Trent Green. At about 12:20, I said, ‘(Forget) Trent Green,’ because the bottom line is it was a malicious hit,” Johnson said. “It was uncalled for. He’s like the scarecrow. He wanted to get courage while I wasn’t looking and hit me in my knee instead of trying to hit me in my head.” NFL Director of Football Operations Gene Washington passed down word that Johnson would not take a pocketbook hit for the taunts. “Washington determined that Johnson’s taunting penalty did not warrant a fine,” Greg Aiello, the league’s senior vice president of public relations, said Tuesday. “The player was upset about what he thought was an illegal block. Gene did not believe he deserved to be fined.”

Hervoyel
02-16-2008, 11:04 PM

So I'm assuming you either never saw the play or are waging some kind of all out war against reality?

The outcome of that play didn't come remotely close to reflecting the two players actions prior to contact. If you had seen the play then you would know that. If you had seen the play (and not the slo-mo replay) then you would also know that he didn't "stand over" Trent Green.

mexican_texan
02-17-2008, 01:44 AM
if Travis did one thing that was stupid, it was his comments afterwards,but I understand where he was coming from, that could have ended his career ,, he just needed to word it better

BTW Travis was NOT fined for the hit

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2007/10/10/no-fine-for-texans-de-travis-johnson-after-green-hit/
The fact he wasn't fined was significant because Goodell isn't the pushover Tagliabue was. His early success is keeping Tagliabue out of the HOF. Goodell is more concerned about the game than the business or PR.

Bulluck53
02-19-2008, 08:59 AM

I could make the same case for Albert's stomping but I won't.... because it would be wrong.

swtbound07
02-19-2008, 12:22 PM
I could make the same case for Albert's stomping but I won't.... because it would be wrong.

the difference between angry words and stomping on someone's head is so vast that it doesn't even bear discussion. Trent Green is lucky he didn't get the crap kicked out of him...Albert Haynesworth is complete human crap in all senses of the word. One big, giant, angry turd.

TexansLucky13
02-19-2008, 12:27 PM
One of my old threads got revived! Yay!

:includeme:

Bulluck53
02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
the difference between angry words and stomping on someone's head is so vast that it doesn't even bear discussion. Trent Green is lucky he didn't get the crap kicked out of him...Albert Haynesworth is complete human crap in all senses of the word. One big, giant, angry turd.

I could make the case saying that his head-stomping was nothing more then an angry and violent reaction to getting beat up and down the field that particular day. But again I wouldn't say that because, as Haynesworth said himself, his behavior was inexcusable.

My point is don't blast one guy and turn around and defend another using the "it was just a bad reaction" theory. A dumbass, two-tone-blue-glasses-wearing Titans fan like myself could take offense to that and turn it around.

:stirpot: (never used that one)

Ckw
02-19-2008, 04:54 PM
I could make the case saying that his head-stomping was nothing more then an angry and violent reaction to getting beat up and down the field that particular day. But again I wouldn't say that because, as Haynesworth said himself, his behavior was inexcusable.

My point is don't blast one guy and turn around and defend another using the "it was just a bad reaction" theory. A dumbass, two-tone-blue-glasses-wearing Titans fan like myself could take offense to that and turn it around.

:stirpot: (never used that one)

Once again, stomping on someone's head and yelling at them are two totally different things. When you find a video of TJ stomping on someone's head, come talk to me.

Bulluck53
02-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Jeebus, I'm just saying it can be turned around. I'm not defending the guy or flaming TJ.

Relax

Texan_Bill
02-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Jeebus, I'm just saying it can be turned around. I'm not defending the guy or flaming TJ.

Relax

Yes you are.............

:stirpot: *see how that works*

Blazing Arrow
02-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Yes you are.............

:stirpot: *see how that works*

How about we talk about Mathis then? :whistle:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3253751&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

:stirpot: <--- works here too

Texan_Bill
02-19-2008, 05:54 PM
How about we talk about Mathis then? :whistle:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3253751&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

:stirpot: <--- works here too

Did you say Moon or Mathis?!?!? :stirpot: *back at ya*

See the real difference is the Texans will probably cut Mathis... The Titans will franchise or extend Fat Albert's contract.

Even you can see where I am going with that....

Blazing Arrow
02-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Did you say Moon or Mathis?!?!? :stirpot: *back at ya*

See the real difference is the Texans will probably cut Mathis... The Titans will franchise or extend Fat Albert's contract.

Even you can see where I am going with that....

If it were Shammy there is no chance of release so I really do not see where you are going. Just because the player is mediocre does not give you a pass. Throw AJ, M Williams, or any of the other top names on the Texans into that situation and the player does not get a release.

Texan_Bill
02-20-2008, 07:54 AM
If it were Shammy there is no chance of release so I really do not see where you are going. Just because the player is mediocre does not give you a pass. Throw AJ, M Williams, or any of the other top names on the Texans into that situation and the player does not get a release.

Schaub has nothing to do with this conversation. (well he shouldn't, but no one knows what goes on in your brain).

You are missing the point.... (as usual).

Point:
Fat Albert + Bud Adams' Franchise = Second rate organization with absolutely no class, resigns or gives that POS Haynesworth the franchise tag. In other words, they reward him (if not this year - then next year)

Jerome Mathis + Bob McNair's Franchise = The former All-Pro and Pro-Bowler POS looking for a new gig...

Is that clear enough for you??? (Somehow, I really... really doubt it).

Blazing Arrow
02-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Schaub has nothing to do with this conversation. (well he shouldn't, but no one knows what goes on in your brain).

You are missing the point.... (as usual).

Point:
Fat Albert + Bud Adams' Franchise = Second rate organization with absolutely no class, resigns or gives that POS Haynesworth the franchise tag. In other words, they reward him (if not this year - then next year)

Jerome Mathis + Bob McNair's Franchise = The former All-Pro and Pro-Bowler POS looking for a new gig...

Is that clear enough for you??? (Somehow, I really... really doubt it).

Wait I am confused .....

I got what you were trying to say ... but you totally missed my point. Mathis is no AH by any strech of the imagination. It is pretty easy to drop dead weight ... it is not as easy to drop a runner up for DPOY

swtbound07
02-20-2008, 12:52 PM

Relax

it can't be turned around..its a stupid comparison to even make. Your player=scum, TJ=justified.

Texan_Bill
02-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Wait I am confused .....

I got what you were trying to say ... but you totally missed my point. Mathis is no AH by any strech of the imagination. It is pretty easy to drop dead weight ... it is not as easy to drop a runner up for DPOY

We are talking about two guys that have each played in a Pro-Bowl and each been named an 'All Pro'.... No?? (and Mathis in half the time)...

So again, I go back to my original premise:

Point:
Fat Albert + Bud Adams' Franchise = Second rate organization with absolutely no class, re-signs or gives that POS Haynesworth the franchise tag. In other words, they reward him (if not this year - then next year)

Specnatz
02-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Wait I am confused .....

*cough* Qubert *cough*

Blazing Arrow
02-20-2008, 04:50 PM
*cough* Qubert *cough*

Last report I heard we are looking to deal him and we have moved on. The guy has been suspended by the team in two different games and 16 games by the league. He is not really on our team anymore.

Blazing Arrow
02-20-2008, 04:51 PM
We are talking about two guys that have each played in a Pro-Bowl and each been named an 'All Pro'.... No?? (and Mathis in half the time)...

So again, I go back to my original premise:

You honestly think each is as valuable to there team as the other? Your cow homer glasses can not have that thick of lenses can they?

Texan_Bill
02-20-2008, 05:49 PM
You honestly think each is as valuable to there team as the other?

Your inbred children from Uranus, clad in their pretty baby blue - glasses can not have that thick of lenses can they?

Now you are really missing the point... I could care less about either one of them.

The point is the Texans organization tries to weed out POS while Bud and the Tinnbreds embrace POS (plural).

I fixed your second sentence for you....

Bulluck53
02-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Hold up... so you're saying if Andre Johnson got his with a domestic violence accusation then he would be cut. I say AJ because Haynesworth means about as much to our team as AJ does to yours.

Hey, we cut Rob Reynolds for the same reason as yall will Mathis. Does that make us a class organization.

:user: :shades:

Texan_Bill
02-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Hold up... so you're saying if Andre Johnson got his with a domestic violence accusation then he would be cut. I say AJ because Haynesworth means about as much to our team as AJ does to yours.

Hey, we cut Rob Reynolds for the same reason as yall will Mathis. Does that make us a class organization.

:user: :shades:

"......if Andre Johnson.........." Thats one huge 'if' !! I do not engage in hypothetical conversations that debate apples and oranges.

Absolutely not... See Warren Moon, See Pac Man, see Jeff Alm, see Todd McNair, see Ladd Herzog, see etc., etc... Class??? Nah...... Far from it.

Brando
02-21-2008, 09:47 AM
"......if Andre Johnson.........." Thats one huge 'if' !! I do not engage in hypothetical conversations that debate apples and oranges.

Absolutely not... See Warren Moon, See Pac Man, see Jeff Alm, see Todd McNair, see Ladd Herzog, see etc., etc... Class??? Nah...... Far from it.

Titans fans didn't have to go through the humility of some of the said players/General managers. They got an instant franchise. They don't know the complete history of their organization.

Bud Adams,Jerry Glanville, and Buddy Ryan can be added to the list. As long as Humpty Dumpty is running the franchise it will be a classless organization. It starts from the top and sh*t runs downhill.

CloakNNNdagger
02-21-2008, 10:37 AM
I've been following this spirited debate in this thread. As a Texans fan, I can still appreciate what is being said about the immediate value of a player to a team (Hainesworth) vs. a chronically and injury-proned player (Mathis) of questionable value to a team, being naturally factored into the decision any team would make in releasing a player for "inappropriate conduct." However, I believe what is trying to be pointed is that there is no doubt that in Adams vs. McNair comparison, REPEATED significant instances tolerated like those involved such as seen in the case of Pacman, would not occur here even if Schaub, Mario, Demeco or AJ were the ones implicated.

Bulluck53
02-21-2008, 11:35 AM
it can't be turned around..its a stupid comparison to even make. Your player=scum, TJ=justified.

Yes, no, whatever you say

Bulluck53
02-21-2008, 11:43 AM

You get the point. The Texans would not part ways with one of their premier players.

And Dagger, I agree with you. The Titans should have put an end to this Pacman debacle a long time ago. I am not trying to convince you all that the Titans are a class organization because that will never happen for obvious reasons. What I'm saying is the Mathis and Haynesworth are essentially two different situations. The Titans took a risk in retaining Haynesworth after the incident and it paid off beautifully for them. Had we cut ties with Haynesworth there is no way we would have been in the playoffs and would probably be picking in the top-ten. Unfortunately, this is a business. (see: Leonard Little, Ray Lewis, Chris Henry) If it were up to me, the Titans would have cut Haynesworth ala the Bears and Tank Johnson. The difference between these two teams is Chicago could afford to lose their d-tackle and the Titans couldn't. I'll go hypothetical again (Bill you can ignore). If Urlacher had been the one with all the arrests do you think they would have cut him? I don't. To stay on subject, why did we not cut ties with Pacman when he first got suspended.... because we believed it would leave to big of a void in the backfield. Now that we know Finnegan and Harper can do just as good as Pac and Reynaldo Hill we can afford to release/trade/do whatever with him (we might not have been legally able to cut him but there was no discussion about it before we found out what we had in Harper and Finnegan, now there is)

Flame away...

Chance_C
02-21-2008, 12:45 PM
You get the point. The Texans would not part ways with one of their premier players.

I guarantee they would if the premier player were to repeatedly screw up like Mathis has.

Chance_C
02-21-2008, 12:58 PM
What I'm saying is the Mathis and Haynesworth are essentially two different situations. The Titans took a risk in retaining Haynesworth after the incident and it paid off beautifully for them.

I agree with this. People deserve second chances. It's what they do with them that matters. Jerome Mathis has had a lot of chances. He just keeps screwing up. Haynesworth has took advantage of his opportunity. He's made a lot of Texans' fans mad for the hit on Schaub, but it's football and sometimes those things happen intentionally or not. I know I was cussing him, but I will recognize the fact that he is a hell of a player that plays with a mean streak which naturally causes opposing fans to not like him.

Bulluck53
02-21-2008, 11:03 PM
I guarantee they would if the premier player were to repeatedly screw up like Mathis has.

Haha I agree with that. Let me rephrase this.... if Haynesworth were on the Texans and the exact same situation occurred he would not have been cut. Whoever the poster was was acting like the Texans would have. Just saying that, IMO, the business aspect of the game prevents a team from cutting ties from a premier player in that situation.

Now, multiple offenses in a case like Pac's (who I think would be one of the top CBs in the league by now if he hadn't been suspended) will most always be released. I think it speaks volumes towards the Bengals for keeping Chris Henry after Tank and Pac were or will soon be released fro their respective teams.