PDA

View Full Version : Where's David?

petedy
03-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Since no one has seen David Carr these days I thought of the game book "Where's Waldo?". Does Kubiak have him in some secret place working on things or did he get traded or released already but no one will be told until draft day.I would think people would have already seen him in the Houston area unless he fears for his life if he shows himself in public.So,what say ye?:confused:

Hulk75
03-08-2007, 11:01 AM
I saw him yesterday, he is enjoying his time off. Thats what the off season is for I thought?

Brandon420tx
03-08-2007, 11:02 AM
He's working on his release? ... ....

TEXANS84
03-08-2007, 11:04 AM
After the beatings he takes, I'm sure R&R is well deserved.

MightyTExan
03-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Haven't seen or heard any interviews from the Texans mainsite since the last game of the season. Carr has nothing to say or is not being allowed to talk to the media?

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Hope he is mixing in a little film study while he recuperates...

Texanfan4ever
03-08-2007, 11:14 AM
What is it ya'll want him to say? I mean, what would you say if you were him? What can he say?

Enough said.....:wild:

Mr. White
03-08-2007, 11:17 AM
He laid low last offseason as well. The only time he made himself available to the media was when he signed his extension.

Not a big deal.

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't expect him to say anything.

I would hope that he is spending this off-season preparing for next season, harder than he ever has -whether he's here or goes somewhere else. Next season he will have more pressure than he can imagine.

TexansLucky13
03-08-2007, 11:21 AM
I saw him yesterday, he is enjoying his time off. Thats what the off season is for I thought?

Lucky!!!

I am hoping that my nephew becomes the next Peyton Manning so that I can have the inside scoop and visit his big house some day.

:)

TexansSB07
03-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Lucky!!!

I am hoping that my nephew becomes the next Peyton Manning so that I can have the inside scoop and visit his big house some day.

:)

you mean unable to win BIG game for years, get labelled a choker....

TexansLucky13
03-08-2007, 11:33 AM

Hey, as long as he pulls in the cash and has a personal Go Kart track in his backyard, I don't care!

rockabilly
03-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Since no one has seen David Carr these days I thought of the game book "Where's Waldo?". Does Kubiak have him in some secret place working on things or did he get traded or released already but no one will be told until draft day.I would think people would have already seen him in the Houston area unless he fears for his life if he shows himself in public.So,what say ye?:confused:

You have inspired me to create a game since I am here at work waiting for other people to finish their stuff.

Whheeeerreee's Carr!
http://www.rockabillymagazine.com/carrwaldo.jpg

OK, Try to find the David Carr PICTURED BELOW in the Where's Carr game. Can you find him?
http://www.rockabillymagazine.com/carrsmall.jpg

GO! Have fun. It is probably too easy. hehe
http://www.rockabillymagazine.com/wherescarr.jpg

MightyTExan
03-08-2007, 12:10 PM

He would really enjoy his time off if he bought me a PS3......................:joker:

Bubbajwp
03-08-2007, 12:16 PM

And then win a superbowl and get one of the biggest contracts ever.

Rightnow
03-08-2007, 12:17 PM

I thought he was required to make himself available to his detractors for public floggings.

Texanfan4ever
03-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Rockabilly, that is hysterical. Is he the one on the ferris wheel? I don't see anyone else that comes close. :joker:

Bubbajwp
03-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Make one with a pile of offensive and defensive line. Can anybody guess were Carr is.

mexican_texan
03-08-2007, 12:31 PM
You have inspired me to create a game since I am here at work waiting for other people to finish their stuff.

Whheeeerreee's Carr!

OK, Try to find the David Carr PICTURED BELOW in the Where's Carr game. Can you find him?

In front of the go-karts, behind the seal.

mexican_texan
03-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Great players don't have an offseason. Maybe two weeks.

Texanfan4ever
03-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Sheesh, how did I miss that?

Exithios
03-08-2007, 12:34 PM

Whheeeerreee's Carr!

He is standing behind the seals and in front of the bumper cars on the right side of the pic. That was actually harder than I thought it would be.

michaelm
03-08-2007, 12:35 PM
In front of the go-karts, behind the seal.

Don't tell me you kids are too young to recognize those as bumper cars...?

wrestler4life
03-08-2007, 12:38 PM
I hope that he is enjoying himself, too. He has taken a beating by everyone and deserves a little break from it all, no matter what the future has in store for him.

ib4texans
03-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Maybe he's just having some class and won't make himself available for the public ridicule that some want to heap on him to make themselves feel better.

BTW loved the game inventive.

Texanfan4ever
03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
I hope that he is enjoying himself, too. He has taken a beating by everyone and deserves a little break from it all, no matter what the future has in store for him.

Couldn't agree more.

U4ikrob
03-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Maybe he's just having some class and won't make himself available for the public ridicule that some want to heap on him to make themselves feel better.

BTW loved the game inventive.

Agreed - David is a class guy and I hope he can enjoy his off-time away from the spotlight before next year and come back - focused, refreshed and ready to kick some butt and shut some pieholes. IMO Film time helps any QB - But thats about approach - every QB is different. David may be more of a physical-hands on guy as opposed to a cerebral QB. Hopefully he can enjoy some Quality time with his family before he has to go back to work again next month. Honestly - how many people here would look forward to going back to ajob where all people did was nit pick and bich and moan about you personally for 6-8 months a year? Granted some of it is valid because we are fans and allowed opinion, but there is a positive side too.

I heard he likes golf, maybe he's taking in some golf time too - we have some great courses here in town. Who knows maybe it will help clear some cobwebs from this past season and allow him to focus on just his job instead of all the clowns :joker: always biching and moaning every week about everything that went wrong and how they can fix it.

Porky
03-08-2007, 01:22 PM
I don't care where he is. All I know is he won't be here next year. Other than that, he can go ride all the bumper cars he wants.

NFLforher
03-08-2007, 01:25 PM

He's being classy and not shooting his mouth off all over the press. He is behaving in a dignified way considering the circumstances.

NFLforher
03-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Agreed - David is a class guy and I hope he can enjoy his off-time away from the spotlight before next year and come back - focused, refreshed and ready to kick some butt and shut some pieholes. IMO Film time helps any QB - But thats about approach - every QB is different. David may be more of a physical-hands on guy as opposed to a cerebral QB. Hopefully he can enjoy some Quality time with his family before he has to go back to work again next month. Honestly - how many people here would look forward to going back to ajob where all people did was nit pick and bich and moan about you personally for 6-8 months a year? Granted some of it is valid because we are fans and allowed opinion, but there is a positive side too.

I heard he likes golf, maybe he's taking in some golf time too - we have some great courses here in town. Who knows maybe it will help clear some cobwebs from this past season and allow him to focus on just his job instead of all the clowns :joker: always biching and moaning every week about everything that went wrong and how they can fix it.

Good post. :)

Porky
03-08-2007, 01:35 PM
OH...I didn't know that wasn't DAVID in the COLTS GAME?? My bad...I guess I thought it was DC. In 2 games against the COLTS he had 4 TD's and 0 interceptions and a QB rating of 124.6. He was the last QB to beat the "
Super Bowl" Champs??? HMMMMMMMMMMMM I really thought that was David in there??

Ya, he's great in garbage time. That's a heck of a time to actually play good. The second game, Kubes did everything but handcuff his hands behind his back. Liars figure, and figures lie.

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 01:35 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Eh, whether he's verbally or physically beaten, it's a part of the job that he's compensated very well for. If he is enjoying himself, I'd hope it's with a playbook in one hand and QBing 101 in the other.:lightbulb:

ib4texans
03-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Ya, he's great in garbage time. That's a heck of a time to actually play good. The second game, Kubes did everything but handcuff his hands behind his back. Liars figure, and figures lie.

Ummmm.................where was the garbage time in Colts 2? I remember a very precise pass to AJ to set up the game winning FG.

Hulk75
03-08-2007, 01:38 PM

Thanks, I was wondering about that.:rolleyes:

Hulk75
03-08-2007, 01:40 PM

real garbage time is when we have to sit here and read your posts on the same thing over and over, thats garbage.

Bet you did not know that every Defensive player but the Dlineman and DEs were playing all through the game.

SOOOOO what you really saw was how well david could play when he was not preasured.

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 01:43 PM

"2 weeks... thats probably more than you get........"

"Go play intermurals brother... go play intermurals....."

ib4texans
03-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks, I was wondering about that.:rolleyes:

Don't worry Hulk, most of the concensus from these posters are that your brother isn't a great player. On the other hand they contradict themselves by including David in the expectations they have of great players. I guess they want to have their cake and eat it too.

Porky
03-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Ummmm.................where was the garbage time in Colts 2? I remember a very precise pass to AJ to set up the game winning FG.

Yes, he had one good pass late in that game. Let's sign him for another decade. I've never seen a QB complete a pass late in a game. Is that a first in NFL history? :brickwall

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 01:46 PM
real garbage time is when we have to sit here and read your posts on the same thing over and over, thats garbage.

Bet you did not know that every Defensive player but the Dlineman and DEs were playing all through the game.

SOOOOO what you really saw was how well david could play when he was not preasured.

Hulk don't waste your breath (or contribute to your carpal tunnel syndrome)... You've been around long enough to know that some people are miserable and don't have a decent word to say, or positive bone in their body.... Just the way some people are.

Hulk75
03-08-2007, 01:47 PM
No, I know bro. It bothers me not anymore.

Hulk75
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Hulk don't waste your breath (or contribute to your carpal tunnel syndrome)... You've been around long enough to know that some people are miserable and don't have a decent word to say, or positive bone in their body.... Just the way some people are.

I know guys, I know......... I push buttons, its funny.

Porky
03-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Garbage time...tell that to all the other TEXAN'S on the field that day. (Dre', Mario, Ryans...etc.) Players play EVERY game for pride, they don't pick and choose. The end of the season is the MOST important.

DC's record (as you blame him for) is the same as the "whole teams" record! Dre' didn't make it to the Pro-Bowl by himself...but I'm sure you'll find a way to figure that one out. He could have had even more catches if he'd caught a few more as well.

Liars figure and figures lie. YES they do...it depends on "who's" interpretating them. You played "where" and have how many years of NFL experience to properly interpretate them??

Your just mad and angry because you want your way and your not getting it. The rest of us at least have common respect and an appreciation for those who have more experience that we do.

You have more spin than my Maytag. Exactly how many of Davies TD passes against the Colts came when the games were within reach?

mexican_texan
03-08-2007, 01:51 PM
David Carr isn't known for working overtime, he's a family man.

NATHANHALE
03-08-2007, 01:52 PM

definitely, for David--after his great 'o6, he certainly doesn't have a thing to work on, as he's still David

Hulk75
03-08-2007, 01:55 PM
definitely, for David--after his great 'o6, he certainly doesn't have a thing to work on, as he's still David

wHaT???? Just go play with your ring with the time you have left.

Maddict5
03-08-2007, 01:56 PM

im gussing left centre...probably hiding in the stall- im sure thats xtruroyal helping bring the cannon for him

Hulk75
03-08-2007, 01:57 PM
David Carr isn't known for working overtime, he's a family man.

Yes we know thank you.

Mr teX
03-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm sure some here on this board would like to hear he's packing his bags.

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Wrong! Unless you think Gardner, O'Neil, Jackson, Giordano, Boiman, etc. are all first string players. The 4th quarter was filled with Colt 2nd teamers. I understand you're his brother and all, but there's no need to conjure lies up in order to cover his play. Here's our second drive, 4th qtr.

Houston Texans at 07:52
1-10-HOU32 (7:52) D.Carr pass short left to J.Cook to HST 36 for 4 yards (K.O'Neil) [B.Schobel].
PENALTY on IND-B.Schobel, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at HST 36.
1-10-IND49 (7:40) D.Carr pass short left to J.Cook to IND 46 for 3 yards (K.O'Neil, R.Mathis).
2-7-IND46 (7:02) D.Carr pass short right to E.Moulds to IND 36 for 10 yards (M.Jackson, R.Boiman).
1-10-IND36 (6:20) S.Gado right tackle to IND 9 for 27 yards (M.Jackson). IND-M.Jackson was injured during the play.
1-9-IND9 (5:48) D.Carr scrambles left end ran ob at IND 1 for 8 yards (R.Boiman).
2-1-IND1 (5:17) D.Carr pass short left to M.Bruener for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20060917_HOU@IND

NATHANHALE
03-08-2007, 02:00 PM
He's being classy and not shooting his mouth off all over the press. He is behaving in a dignified way considering the circumstances.

yea, I could do that for even less than $60 million

and that 5-6 months off--wow!

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM

Alas, you missed that opportunity because you are spending way too much time and energy on the message boards.

mexican_texan
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Yes we know thank you.
You're welcome.

Hulk75
03-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Wrong! Unless you think Gardner, O'Neil, Jackson, Giordano, Boiman, etc. are all first string players. The 4th quarter was filled with Colt 2nd teamers. I understand you're his brother and all, but there's no need to conjure lies up in order to cover his play. Here's our second drive, 4th qtr.

Houston Texans at 07:52
1-10-HOU32 (7:52) D.Carr pass short left to J.Cook to HST 36 for 4 yards (K.O'Neil) [B.Schobel].
PENALTY on IND-B.Schobel, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at HST 36.
1-10-IND49 (7:40) D.Carr pass short left to J.Cook to IND 46 for 3 yards (K.O'Neil, R.Mathis).
2-7-IND46 (7:02) D.Carr pass short right to E.Moulds to IND 36 for 10 yards (M.Jackson, R.Boiman).
1-10-IND36 (6:20) S.Gado right tackle to IND 9 for 27 yards (M.Jackson). IND-M.Jackson was injured during the play.
1-9-IND9 (5:48) D.Carr scrambles left end ran ob at IND 1 for 8 yards (R.Boiman).
2-1-IND1 (5:17) D.Carr pass short left to M.Bruener for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20060917_HOU@IND

Dont call me a liar, the starters and Dwight played into the 4th, and cato, mathis. And we scored while they were in there as well.

Fourth Quarter
Indianapolis Colts continued...
2-4-HOU35 (15:00) P.Manning sacked at HST 45 for -10 yards (J.Babin).
3-14-HOU45 (14:24) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete deep right to M.Harrison.
4-14-HOU45 (14:20) H.Smith punts 45 yards to end zone, Center-J.Snow, Touchback.
Houston Texans at 14:11
1-10-HOU20 (14:11) R.Dayne up the middle to HST 25 for 5 yards (C.June).
2-5-HOU25 (13:49) (No Huddle) D.Carr pass deep left to A.Johnson pushed ob at HST 43 for 18 yards (J.David).
1-10-HOU43 (13:13) D.Carr pass short middle to J.Cook to IND 42 for 15 yards (M.Doss, M.Giordano) [R.Brock].
1-10-IND42 (12:43) (No Huddle) R.Dayne up the middle to IND 41 for 1 yard (G.Gardner). HST-M.Flanagan was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.
2-9-IND41 (12:17) D.Carr pass incomplete short left to E.Moulds (J.David).
PENALTY on IND-J.David, Illegal Use of Hands, 5 yards, enforced at IND 41 - No Play.
1-10-IND36 (12:12) R.Dayne up the middle to IND 33 for 3 yards (G.Gardner).
2-7-IND33 (11:49) (No Huddle) D.Carr pass incomplete short left to A.Johnson.
3-7-IND33 (11:43) D.Carr pass deep right to O.Daniels for 33 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
K.Brown extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Pittman, Holder-C.Stanley.
HOU 10 IND 30, Plays: 7 Yards: 80 Possession: 2:35.

real
03-08-2007, 02:10 PM
How come Sage's performance is null and void when the game is seemingly out of hand...

But we Rave about Carr's stats in the same situation ?

A little bias ? a little ?

real
03-08-2007, 02:14 PM
im sure thats xtruroyal helping bring the cannon for him

I don't hate David. I don't even dis-like him.

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Dont call me a liar, the starters and Dwight played into the 4th, and cato, mathis. And we scored while they were in there as well.

Fourth Quarter
Indianapolis Colts continued...
2-4-HOU35 (15:00) P.Manning sacked at HST 45 for -10 yards (J.Babin).
3-14-HOU45 (14:24) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete deep right to M.Harrison.
4-14-HOU45 (14:20) H.Smith punts 45 yards to end zone, Center-J.Snow, Touchback.
Houston Texans at 14:11
1-10-HOU20 (14:11) R.Dayne up the middle to HST 25 for 5 yards (C.June).
2-5-HOU25 (13:49) (No Huddle) D.Carr pass deep left to A.Johnson pushed ob at HST 43 for 18 yards (J.David).
1-10-HOU43 (13:13) D.Carr pass short middle to J.Cook to IND 42 for 15 yards (M.Doss, M.Giordano) [R.Brock].
1-10-IND42 (12:43) (No Huddle) R.Dayne up the middle to IND 41 for 1 yard (G.Gardner). HST-M.Flanagan was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.
2-9-IND41 (12:17) D.Carr pass incomplete short left to E.Moulds (J.David).
PENALTY on IND-J.David, Illegal Use of Hands, 5 yards, enforced at IND 41 - No Play.
1-10-IND36 (12:12) R.Dayne up the middle to IND 33 for 3 yards (G.Gardner).
2-7-IND33 (11:49) (No Huddle) D.Carr pass incomplete short left to A.Johnson.
3-7-IND33 (11:43) D.Carr pass deep right to O.Daniels for 33 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
K.Brown extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Pittman, Holder-C.Stanley.
HOU 10 IND 30, Plays: 7 Yards: 80 Possession: 2:35.

You are fibbing. How's that? Even in the drive you posted, there were second teamers. After that drive practically the whole secondary was 2nd team. On top of that, they were in a prevent almost the whole 4th qtr. OK, whatever! You can keep spewing lies backing your brother. He's your brother. I'd probably do the same. I'd at least try to keep truth in my spewage. lol. Good day Mr. Carr:victory:

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 02:18 PM
How come Sage's performance is null and void when the game is seemingly out of hand...

But we Rave about Carr's stats in the same situation ?

A little bias ? a little ?

Funny, I was thinking the same exact thing....

A Texan
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
He's working on his release? ... ....
From the Texans?:confused:

pv1999
03-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Last year it was the Fire Capers club, I was a member.
I can't go with the Dave Leaving Band because other than doing the right thing for a guy who has been nothing but class, who is available that is better than Carr. Not who has had more success because that depends on more factors than skill and talent (better lucky than good). I mean who is currently available that can throw, run and lead this team better than Carr.

real
03-08-2007, 02:25 PM
I mean who can throw, run and lead better than Carr.

So you stick with a guy who you know isn't getting it done for fear of not being able to find better ?

How hard will it be to replace his whopping 11 TD's ?

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Last year it was the Fire Capers club, I was a member.
I can't go with the Dave Leaving Band because other than doing the right thing for a guy who has been nothing but class, who is available that is better than Carr. Not who has had more success because that depends on more factors than skill and talent (better lucky than good). I mean who can throw, run and lead better than Carr.

Nobody.......during practice. Come game time my son could.:joker:

pv1999
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
So you stick with a guy who you know isn't getting it done for fear of not being able to find better ?

How hard will it be to replace his whopping 11 TD's ?

We know David's shortcomings, we have won games despite them and he continues to grow. What about Patrick Ramsey's shortcomings? Can we win despite those? Trent Green's downside, how could we overcome that?
Or maybe we need a little Ron Mexico and the double rods around here?

Interestingly Andre continues to make the Pro Bowl......hmmmmmm
Dave must have been good at something.

Porky
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
hummm, why don't you tell me...you're the expert on him.

I'd rather have a QB that can bring me back when the games on the line, than one who doesn't have that ability. Some of the GREATS in this league are known, not for all their quarters of football they played, but for how they had the ability to bring THEIR TEAM BACK at the end of the game or come up with a game saving drive.

So give me a break with your negative "whirlpool". :wheel:

Exactly how many games has David led a valiant come back in?

real
03-08-2007, 02:36 PM
We know David's shortcomings, we have won games despite them and he continues to grow. What about Patrick Ramsey's shortcomings? Can we win despite those? Trent Green's downside, how could we overcome that?

Barry Sanders made a lot of pro-bowls too...I guess his line deserved that credit as well...

And as far as winning games 'despite' his short comings....

AINT THAT THE TRUTH.

petedy
03-08-2007, 02:37 PM
I know guys, I know......... I push buttons, its funny.

I started this thread because I haven't heard anything on what's going on with David and I was wondering if he is even showing his face anywhere because what so many of these hate filled people have been saying about him. Also to bring in some humor instead of all this negativity.

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 02:38 PM

Well, I guess we better sign him to a contract through 2020. At the rate he's growing, he might be an average QB by then. Any QB in this league can do what Carr has done with this team. How much talent does it require to throw 3yd dumps or 5 yd slants to AJ?:)

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I started this thread because I haven't heard anything on what's going on with David and I was wondering if he is even showing his face anywhere because what so many of these hate filled people have been saying about him. Also to bring in some humor instead of all this negativity.

Man... Did that ever back-fire...

texans83
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Well, I guess we better sign him to a contract through 2020. At the rate he's growing, he might be an average QB by then. Any QB in this league can do what Carr has done with this team. How much talent does it require to throw 3yd dumps or 5 yd slants to AJ?:)

Thats a major part of Kubes system is dumps to the running back. But dont worry im not sticking up for David so I dont want to hear that I am, im just saying its part of Kubes system.

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
. How much talent does it require to throw 3yd dumps or 5 yd slants to AJ?:)

Apparently the same talent that most teams have running the WCO, considering that is one of the basic premises of the offense.

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Barry Sanders made a lot of pro-bowls too...I guess his line deserved that credit as well...

And as far as winning games 'despite' his short comings....

AINT THAT THE TRUTH.

AMEN! Brutha:snobord:

texans83
03-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Apparently the same talent that most teams have running the WCO, considering that is one of the basic premises of the offense.

hmmm there you go

pv1999
03-08-2007, 02:46 PM

What other play can we run with our line? Have we EVER been able to run the ball as other teams do? You are not measuring David you are measuring the offense we run. The Texans have given Carr nothing to work with and he has done better than any other QB in his position (nobody). 29 other QB's have at least one big time RB or a couple of big time REC. And they have at least one player on their line that they have to protect come free agency time. David has Andre......period. Who can you name that could produce better results with the current Texans roster?

NATHANHALE
03-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Alas, you missed that opportunity because you are spending way too much time and energy on the message boards.

ok, so where do you fit in? ...your avg daily post # is higher than mind-YOU WIN!

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 02:50 PM
ok, so where do you fit in? ...your avg daily post # is higher than mind-YOU WIN!

LOL... I'm just a bum with nothing better to do...

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Thats a major part of Kubes system is dumps to the running back. But dont worry im not sticking up for David so I dont want to hear that I am, im just saying its part of Kubes system.

Really? How come Plummer threw 55 passes over 20 yds and 9 for over 40yds in 2004 . In 2005 44 over 20yds, 8 over 40yds.

Super Dave threw 25 over 20yds and 3 over 40yds in 06.

It appears the "system" will allow the QB to throw down field. I guess it's the Olines fault. Even though he was sacked less this year. Pfft! Gotcha:victory:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerindex/POS_QB

NATHANHALE

...short passes are used to set up the longer throws...'cept in our 'dink/dunk' WCO

texans83
LOL... I'm just a bum with nothing better to do...

hey me too....

real
03-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Post was change to where are the David hater's? After years of Carr crying. What has it got ya. Carr's still here and you stand their crying " it all Davids fault." Here's a towel.. Now man-up, stop the nagging.

Yeah...

Because being content with losing is so much better.

petedy
03-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Man... Did that ever back-fire...

I guess so,because all this hatred on one guy when it's the team and not just him.I look at all your teams in Houston and see that championship caliber teams have been hard to come by so I'm wondering if there is something wrong with fan base. So many of you are so negative and hateful but do not encourage anyone to succeed.Instead lets get rid of the bum is your solution.
It is for this reason I am hoping David goes to another place where he can get the support and encouragement.

The Pencil Neck
03-08-2007, 02:57 PM
hummm, why don't you tell me...you're the expert on him.

I'd rather have a QB that can bring me back when the games on the line, than one who doesn't have that ability. Some of the GREATS in this league are known, not for all their quarters of football they played, but for how they had the ability to bring THEIR TEAM BACK at the end of the game or come up with a game saving drive.

So give me a break with your negative "whirlpool". :wheel:

I have a problem with the whole "but those points were in garbage time" thing. I mean, sure those points might have come against a prevent defense when there were more 2nd stringers in there than 1st teamers but...

The only way to mount a comeback is to keep throwing and scoring points. In that first Colts game, David did that and I was really happy. In that game it was our defense that let us down because they couldn't stop the Colts to save their lives. If David had given up and not scored any TD's, then people would have been giving him crap about that. So, I applaud David for that.

The same thing with Sage against the Titans. Yeah, that was against a team playing from ahead which was different than what David was playing against but still, he scored the points and almost brought us back. You have to give him kudos for that.

And the 1st string/2nd string thing, all teams are rotating their starters in and out by the end of the game. Football isn't like basketball in that respect. So I don't think the whole "lesser competition" argument holds much water.

I just wish David had been able to build on that performance and continue to score TD's. The season started kinda getting away from him after that: the second half of the Dallas game, the whole second half of the season except for his completion record against the Bills.

real
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
It is for this reason I am hoping David goes to another place where he can get the support and encouragement.

Where have you been ?

David has had five years of love and support...

Should we support him through his poor play until the end of his career ?

petedy
03-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah...

Because being content with losing is so much better.

Hey the team is only five years old. What have the Astros done since their begining or for that matter the Rockets?

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Hey the team is only five years old. What have the Astros done since their begining or for that matter the Rockets?

Are you freaking kidding me?? Championships and world series trip ring a bell?:confused:

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Really? How come Plummer threw 55 passes over 20 yds and 9 for over 40yds in 2004 . In 2005 44 over 20yds, 8 over 40yds.

Super Dave threw 25 over 20yds and 3 over 40yds in 06.

It appears the "system" will allow the QB to throw down field. I guess it's the Olines fault. Even though he was sacked less this year. Pfft! Gotcha:victory:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerindex/POS_QB

How come Joe Montana did X, Y Z?....

A: Other players contribute, too.

In the case of the classic WCO (bill walsh), there was a cast of: Rice (famous for yards after catch - HOF), Does Roger Craig out of the backfield ring a bell? There were a couple of pretty good tight ends on those teams, Dwight Clark, Russ Francis. If I'm not mistaken, there were prob-bowl appearances from some of their O-lineman like Jesse Sapolu, Randy Cross, Keith Fahnhorst, Fred Quillan...

texans83
03-08-2007, 03:03 PM
I guess so,because all this hatred on one guy when it's the team and not just him.I look at all your teams in Houston and see that championship caliber teams have been hard to come by so I'm wondering if there is something wrong with fan base. So many of you are so negative and hateful but do not encourage anyone to succeed.Instead lets get rid of the bum is your solution.

Dude just get over it, he has not produced. Ill admit I loved DC all the way up to the second half of last season but now I feel he just has to go to a new team. Stop sticking up for him, we all know DC is a great guy and all but it would be better for him to get traded and have a fresh start. Maybe he will go somewhere where he wont have to worry about getting sacked a 100ties a season I dont know, all I do know is that its time for both to move on.

texans83
03-08-2007, 03:05 PM

dude you just better sop right there, itleast they compete and win. just let it go and look at the facts.

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 03:06 PM

Dude, once you learn how to let it go... It really becomes quite humorous...

I have seen threads discussing punter or kickers, something totally unrelated turn into a Carr is a (fill in the blank here) thread..

Its hillarious, have fun with it..

real
03-08-2007, 03:06 PM

I don't understand what two totally different Franchises in two totally different sports have to do anything...

what point are you trying to make exactly ?

real
03-08-2007, 03:08 PM
How come Joe Montana did X, Y Z?....

A: Other players contribute, too.

In the case of the classic WCO (bill walsh), there was a cast of: Rice (famous for yards after catch - HOF), Does Roger Craig out of the backfield ring a bell? There were a couple of pretty good tight ends on those teams, Dwight Clark, Russ Francis. If I'm not mistaken, there were prob-bowl appearances from some of their O-lineman like Jesse Sapolu, Randy Cross, Keith Fahnhorst, Fred Quillan...

Having good players around you makes you look better than what you are...

Having bad players around you makes you look like what you are.

jerek
03-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Just thought I'd point out that I can't even fathom the mentality that some of you guys have. Some of you have written literally thousands of posts restating over and over and over and over again your case either for or against David Carr. Many of you probably post 10 David Carr topics for every one you post about anything else. How many gigabytes of server space are being devoted to this drivel?

:joker:

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 03:12 PM

LOL... That was a really good spin. Props! Obviously, I vehemently disagree, but that was good!

texans83
03-08-2007, 03:13 PM

this is a great post... wow man you suprised the hell out of me.:yahoo:

texans83
03-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Just thought I'd point out that I can't even fathom the mentality that some of you guys have. Some of you have written literally thousands of posts restating your case either for or against David Carr. Many of you probably post 10 David Carr topics for every one you post about anything else. How many gigabytes of server space are being devoted to this drivel?

:joker:

are you kidding me?

petedy
03-08-2007, 03:15 PM
dude you just better sop right there, itleast they compete and win. just let it go and look at the facts.

Yes, the Astros went to one World Series in how many years of being in the league? The Rockets did win one championship in how many years of being a part of the NBA?The reason I say this stuff is to make people realize it takes time to build a winner and everyone has to be patient and especially with a club that only five years old.

jerek
03-08-2007, 03:16 PM
are you kidding me?

No. Are you kidding me?

MATRIX
03-08-2007, 03:17 PM
After the beatings he takes, I'm sure R&R is well deserved.

I would agree...now he gets it in the media and the net also. :fishing:

cuppacoffee
03-08-2007, 03:17 PM

How much less? Do you take checks? :hyper:

:coffee:

texans83
03-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Yes, the Astros went to one World Series in how many years of being in the league? The Rockets did win one championship in how many years of being a part of the NBA?The reason I say this stuff is to make people realize it takes time to build a winner and everyone has to be patient and especially with a club that only five years old.

rockets won 2 championships get it right....

michaelm
03-08-2007, 03:24 PM

With 64 posts, you haven't been here very long, i guess, but 64 posts on this MB should be more than enough to know that your thread would turn into this mess.
If you didn't know then, you surely do at this point...

michaelm
03-08-2007, 03:33 PM
How much less? Do you take checks? :hyper:

:coffee:

This is the first post that literally made me laugh out loud in a looooong time!
Very clever Mr. coffee...

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 03:50 PM
HEY, I just saw DC an hour ago putting gas in his BMW and then he picked up his son from private school, while drinking imported water!!!

Oh my gosh...I hate him!!:sarcasm:

Where's DC? Where's DC? Where's DC?

Give him a break, leave the man alone...he's probably in CALIFORNIA Surfing!:snobord: Oh shoot, I guess that'll make you all mad too!

That absolutelt P**** me off!! :sarcasm:

Well, only because he's surfing and I am not.

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Davis Carr Stinks, Hope he's in a dumpster were he belongs..

I'm gonna lose it if they bring that piece of trash out for another season!

I'm definetly not a fan of Carr the player, but this comment is rediculous. :confused:

ib4texans
03-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Davis Carr Stinks, Hope he's in a dumpster were he belongs..

I'm gonna lose it if they bring that piece of trash out for another season!

The only trash,is the content of your post. If you don't like him live with it,but don't wish ill will on him.

SESupergenius
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Jesus this board sucks now. Thank the McClainonites.

real
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM
You guys really love David don't you ?

texans83
03-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Scottyboy you better watch it even though Carr will prob be gone and the fact that most of us want him gone he is still a good man, just watch what you say

ib4texans
03-08-2007, 04:06 PM
You guys really love David don't you ?

I don't know to whom this particular post is intended for, I for one just can't accept that some people have sunk to such lows because of their personal dislikes. David Carr or any other human being, animal or any other creatures should not be wished to be found in a dumpster. I know not your post.

ib4texans
03-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Scottyboy you better watch it even though Carr will prob be gone and the fact that most of us want him gone he is still a good man, just watch what you say

Ditto! This guy has no class.

Scottyboy
03-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Never question his manhood at all. Im sure he is a good guy, but he cant play
football. Hince the saracasim, "trash belongs in a dumpster" :lightbulb:

texans83
03-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Never question his manhood at all. Im sure he is a good guy, but he cant play
football. Hince the saracasim, "trash belongs in a dumpster" :lightbulb:

I would love to see your ***** get out there and get the **** knocked out of you for 5yrs. Give the man a break. Im getting so dam tired of all this crap. I dont care about bashing Carr bc I do it too but calling him trash and saying he belongs in the dumpster thats just wrong. You know I had a friend who got murdured and they found him in a dumpster. Now did he deserve to be in there? tell me? Bro you dont even know what you are saying I suges you just drop it

real
03-08-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't know to whom this particular post is intended for, I for one just can't accept that some people have sunk to such lows because of their personal dislikes. David Carr or any other human being, animal or any other creatures should not be wished to be found in a dumpster. I know not your post.

I agree...

But I don't think his comments were that serious....

I must say I'm really impressed with the "fortitude" and "dignity of character" that you all are showing, even if you aren't a Carr lover.

Hi FIVE my friends! :redtowel:

Posters talk smack to eachother everyday on the message boards...

I have never seen a single person stand up for another poster who's being dogged out by someone else...

I think his comments were over the top, but pretty harmless...

texans83
03-08-2007, 04:17 PM
I agree...

I have never seen a single person stand up for another poster who's being dogged out by someone else...

I know this I think you and I argue everyday but we neve wished harm to anyone. Correct? I would care less baout bittering or whatever, it makes the blogs fun. And the next day we may agree on something and then the next post we dont. who cares right

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 04:22 PM

I would love to see your ***** get out there and get the **** knocked out of you for 5yrs. Give the man a break. Im getting so dam tired of all this crap. I dont care about bashing Carr bc I do it too but calling him trash and saying he belongs in the dumpster thats just wrong. You know I had a friend who got murdured and they found him in a dumpster. Now did he deserve to be in there? tell me? Bro you dont even know what you are saying I suges you just drop it

I'm sorry about your friend. Nice post.:friends:

I am sorry that people feel the need to use those types of "unprofessional" words to express their feelings. Good for you!

:grouphug:

ib4texans
03-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I agree...

Yeah! I don't have a problem with a little smack talk, but those types of comments are just unwarrented and warped.

I think I can say that with you xtrueroyaltyx, that you have an opinion not a psychosis.

texans83
03-08-2007, 04:23 PM

im fellin the love guys!!!!

real
03-08-2007, 04:23 PM
I know this I think you and I argue everyday but we neve wished harm to anyone. Correct? I would care less baout bittering or whatever, it makes the blogs fun. And the next day we may agree on something and then the next post we dont. who cares right

I try not to attack other posters in a personal manner, and debate the topic at hand...

I love to argue, that's why I come here.

I don't know any of you personally, but I still wouldn't verbally attack you...not because I don't want to offend someone...but because I'm just not going to get excited about words on a screen.

It's all good fun, and this thread has run it's course.

ib4texans
03-08-2007, 04:24 PM

Uh Oh! Now your gone make me open a can of whup-a** LOL

texans83
03-08-2007, 04:24 PM
sorry I ruined the thread

pv1999
03-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I still have not heard a better plan than one more year for David.
.....and I don't see anyone putting Sage's career stats against Carr's.
.....and I don't see any logical reason for Carr leaving other than losing games, which last I checked was a team thing. Andre has been involved in just as many losses in his career as David, why not get rid of him too.

ib4texans
03-08-2007, 04:27 PM

Not at all. Some posters just fail to realize that they should use better judgement in their posts. It's obviouse that his post was offensive to more than you.

real
03-08-2007, 04:29 PM
I still have not heard a better plan than one more year for David.

Selective hearing.....

Maybe ?

texans83
03-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Ok letts say Carr does come back 1more year just bc there really isent a better option.

Then we draft Quinn at 8 which right now I think its a 50-50 chance. So it would look like this.
Carr
Sage
Quinn
and Porter on the practice right? I think thats who it is.
What happens if David comes out of his shell and has a great year?
Do we keep him and Quinn and Sage or so we trade Carr and hopefull get a 2nd round talent for him.
Or do we keep him for the rest of his contract and then let him hit the market?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-08-2007, 04:32 PM
David is out celebrating the signing of Jordan Black. Whether or not he will ever get to reap the benefits is another story.

texans83
03-08-2007, 04:33 PM
David is out celebrating the signing of Jordan Black. Whether or not he will ever get to reap the benefits is another story.

did we for sure sign him

texans83
03-08-2007, 04:34 PM
yes we did, ok this could be a good thing.

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 04:35 PM
I try not to attack other posters in a personal manner, and debate the topic at hand...

I love to argue, that's why I come here.

I don't know any of you personally, but I still wouldn't verbally attack you...not because I don't want to offend someone...but because I'm just not going to get excited about words on a screen.

It's all good fun, and this thread has run it's course.

True dat!

Uh Oh! Now your gone make me open a can of whup-a** LOL

lol. It's all in good fun

Not at all. Some posters just fail to realize that they should use better judgement in their posts. It's obviouse that his post was offensive to more than you.

His post was uncalled for, no doubt.

All the bashing I've done in this thread was against Carr the player. If you look back you'll notice I've tried to back up my bashing with links as well as other football related info. I agree with Xtr, this thread has run it's course. On to the next one.:dance2:

texans83
03-08-2007, 04:45 PM
guys im outta here my new born has 104 feaver so I have to go take care of him, ill c yall tom.

NATHANHALE
03-08-2007, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=xtruroyaltyx;619657]Selective hearing.....

Maybe ?[/QUOTE

I respect your post. The quote below is from Hulk75...what do you think he meant by the 'time' thing?

"wHaT???? Just go play with your ring with the time you have left."

real
03-08-2007, 04:51 PM
The quote below is from Hulk75...what do you think he meant by the 'time' thing?

"wHaT???? Just go play with your ring with the time you have left."

Who did he say that to ?

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Hope he is mixing in a little film study while he recuperates...'

dont count on it

texflex513
03-08-2007, 04:55 PM
actually carr is the guy in the red pants running for his life from the red bumper car that has dwight freeney and marcus stroud in it lol.

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2007, 04:56 PM

you get pressured in the NFL. if you cant deal with the pressure and still deliver, frankly you suck and dont belong in the league.

david is probably a great brother but he is a crappy NFL QB.

Nawzer
03-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Don't know if anyone noticed this or maybe I'm seeing this for the first time: David Carr's pic is gone from the mb banner/logo. DeMeco's icon replaced DC.

NATHANHALE
03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Who did he say that to ?

...me

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Don't know if anyone noticed this or maybe I'm seeing this for the first time: David Carr's pic is gone from the mb banner/logo. DeMeco's icon replaced DC.

I just noticed that a minute ago. I would think DW will eventually be next.:)

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 05:10 PM
...me

Your avatar

NATHANHALE
03-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Who did he say that to ?

post #48

HOU-TEX
03-08-2007, 05:14 PM
post #48

Look at your avatar.

NATHANHALE
03-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Look at your avatar.

"time you have left"

What does that quote have to do with an avatar?

The Pencil Neck
03-08-2007, 05:23 PM
.....and I don't see any logical reason for Carr leaving other than losing games, which last I checked was a team thing. Andre has been involved in just as many losses in his career as David, why not get rid of him too.

It's not about winning and losing games, it's about performance. Some of us think we need to give someone else a shot at the position because only a really bad QB throws for -5 net yards in a game or for less than 50 net yards 3 times in 2 seasons. That's not about the team being bad, that's about the QB playing poorly. Only a bad QB throws 2 TD's in a half a season of play. When you combine that with poor ball security and multiple fumbles recovered and taken in for TD's by the other team, that's not someone you want starting for you.

You can't blame all that on the line because he didn't get sacked THAT often last year and not all his sacks were his line's fault. You can't blame it on the running game because he played poorly in several games where our running game was actually working.

When a QB is not playing well, you bench him. We have to find someone who can at least manage the game, not make plays that kill us, and provide consistent performance. QB's who've played better than Carr has played have been benched and rookies brought in and given a shot. Our FO has been behind Carr and supported him and tried to give him a shot to improve his play and he hasn't.

At the bare minimum, the QB position should be open to competition so the person who gives us the best opportunity to win plays. That has never happened with this team.

MATRIX
03-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Funny, I was thinking the same exact thing....

Because ALL of Sages stuff is in second string or mop up time. So, why say anything, he SHOULD do well.

Double Barrel
03-08-2007, 05:34 PM

Dear TexansSB07,

Choke on this:

http://i.eurosport.com/2007/02/05/335445-1731358-317-238.jpg

Sincerely,

Peyton Manning

DC's record (as you blame him for) is the same as the "whole teams" record! Dre' didn't make it to the Pro-Bowl by himself...but I'm sure you'll find a way to figure that one out. He could have had even more catches if he'd caught a few more as well.

You would help your argument a whole lot more if you did not attack our only offensive playmaker.

Every player makes mistakes - obviously some more than others - but a two time Pro Bowler deserves more respect than your little potshots that appear to be nothing more than attempts to prop up David Carr.

If, in your mind, AJ deserves that kind of treatment, then what do you have in store for our QB?

:victory:

rockets won 2 championships get it right....

Don't forget the *!!

*Jordan retired :shades: just playin'!

NATHANHALE
03-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Because ALL of Sages stuff is in second string or mop up time. So, why say anything, he SHOULD do well.

...go back and look at the first Titan's game when Sage threw 3 tds and almost 200 yds--several posters (TK was 1, maybe) have already listed the starters for the Titans that were playing...

...we were within a td of beating them and you think they were playing their scrubs because Sage was in and not Carr...nottttttttttt

Texan_Bill
03-08-2007, 05:59 PM

I was thinking the same thing as Royalty was, but I was coming from a completely differenc perspective than him...

Funny, the argument works one way, but not the other.. Never has, never will.

People will still argue that Sage looked great in Tennessee, yet won't admit that it was mop up time.. "Sage brought us all the way back and had a chance to win"..........Whatever.

Funny thing is, I am not even a Carr fan...

TexansLucky13
03-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Interesting...who's in charge of the board/photos etc. and updating it? Does any one know exactly?

God.

NFLforher
03-08-2007, 07:53 PM

Really? You fooled me.

petedy
03-08-2007, 08:41 PM

No you didn't ruin the thread.I misunderstood the people of Houston thinking we could have a little fun figuring out where's David in all this and why he hasn't come out and said something.He has taken the high road in all this and more so than I have.I just have a problem with people who wish him harm and calling him names when all that needs to be said is that you think his play has been terrible and he should move on.It is also a new team only five years old there are growing pains that happens and being the very first QB is usually doomed to failure.It takes time to build championships just look how long it took the 49ers and Steelers before they won all those Super Bowls.

HoustonFrog
03-08-2007, 09:06 PM
No you didn't ruin the thread.I misunderstood the people of Houston thinking we could have a little fun figuring out where's David in all this and why he hasn't come out and said something.He has taken the high road in all this and more so than I have.I just have a problem with people who wish him harm and calling him names when all that needs to be said is that you think his play has been terrible and he should move on.It is also a new team only five years old there are growing pains that happens and being the very first QB is usually doomed to failure.It takes time to build championships just look how long it took the 49ers and Steelers before they won all those Super Bowls.

Here is the mature and logical way to put it:

Carr is a tough player who really was a overrated in a way. The Texans built this team the wrong way and for it he got beat around. At the same time there have been many guys who got beat around and still didn't go into shock..Aikman and S. Young to name a few. Carr's main problem is that despite the rest of the team he hasn't show that he can lead or rise above what has happened. What I mean is that he still hasn't improved on QBing 101,which includes moving away from pressure, throwing the ball away or staring down receivers.

Overall we have hit a point where his inconsistency has gotten to the coaches, fans and his own teammates. You can't build a bubble around QBs these days..not with parity, the salary cap and injuries. You need someone who can manage the game and rise above, especially with the pay they get. It is because all of these things that the team must move on. The simplest concept out there is to bring in 1-2 QBs who can be vets and last 1-2 years while grooming a rookie. Along with this you let Dave go his own way and all in all get a break with another team. Overall, the locker room improves and everyone doesn't have this black cloud over them. It isn't ABC but a way to make everyone better. You move forward and hopefully, for those who are fans of Carr, he does well too. Either way, it is the right move for him and the franchise. His "fair shake" is over. I'm sorry bit anyone else that thinks he needs to say is saying it out of pure selfishness, in order to say "I told you so." We all need to realize that not all QBS make it and if he does, it will probably be while we are also improving. Everyone wishes everyone the best and moves on.

Hulk75
03-08-2007, 10:04 PM
You are fibbing. How's that? Even in the drive you posted, there were second teamers. After that drive practically the whole secondary was 2nd team. On top of that, they were in a prevent almost the whole 4th qtr. OK, whatever! You can keep spewing lies backing your brother. He's your brother. I'd probably do the same. I'd at least try to keep truth in my spewage. lol. Good day Mr. Carr:victory:

:cry2: ...............like I said, starters were still playing into the 4th quarter, and 4 quarters makes a game.

Hulk75
03-08-2007, 10:08 PM

Man, and I told you what he was doing. If you dont want negativity, dont use the word David or Carr, because it brings out the http://www.shiftyjackal.com/Pictures/donkey.jpg

NFLforher
03-08-2007, 10:58 PM
:highfive:

Man, and I told you what he was doing. If you dont want negativity, dont use the word David or Carr, because it brings out the http://www.shiftyjackal.com/Pictures/donkey.jpg

NFLforher
03-08-2007, 11:00 PM
guys im outta here my new born has 104 feaver so I have to go take care of him, ill c yall tom.

I hope he gets better soon. I have a couple of boys and I know how it is.

petedy
03-08-2007, 11:32 PM

First of all I posted this thread before you told us what he is doing and I have tried to defend him.Well, you just killed that idea and I am now neutral in this love and hate issue. If David has your thin skin to critism no wonder his focus is off.He has all the skills to be the leader but it is time for him to be like Patton and speakout and not hold it in. Your brother is a classy guy and can say things in the same way and still be challenging. I saw him play at Fresno State and he was a leader there and I know he can be a leader in Houston or anywhere else. David stop worrying about mistakes and just let it fly and to heck what people think.

pv1999
03-09-2007, 07:17 AM
It's not about winning and losing games, it's about performance. Some of us think we need to give someone else a shot at the position because only a really bad QB throws for -5 net yards in a game or for less than 50 net yards 3 times in 2 seasons. That's not about the team being bad, that's about the QB playing poorly. Only a bad QB throws 2 TD's in a half a season of play. When you combine that with poor ball security and multiple fumbles recovered and taken in for TD's by the other team, that's not someone you want starting for you.

You can't blame all that on the line because he didn't get sacked THAT often last year and not all his sacks were his line's fault. You can't blame it on the running game because he played poorly in several games where our running game was actually working.

When a QB is not playing well, you bench him. We have to find someone who can at least manage the game, not make plays that kill us, and provide consistent performance. QB's who've played better than Carr has played have been benched and rookies brought in and given a shot. Our FO has been behind Carr and supported him and tried to give him a shot to improve his play and he hasn't.

At the bare minimum, the QB position should be open to competition so the person who gives us the best opportunity to win plays. That has never happened with this team.

I agree with competition.
It is the cornerstone of capitalism.
But if you open it up with who we have or have had at QB, Dave wins.

And how much of that lack of production is Carr, how much is due to his lack of a supporting cast. Last I checked we don't have a direct snap to Andre play. That means Carr does actually make some plays. The question is 'If Andre can have success in this "offense" then why can't anyone else?' Is he the only guy we have that can catch and run? If so, then that seems to be a more pressing issue than who is throwing the ball.

kastofsna
03-09-2007, 07:32 AM
carr is gone from the banner i see.

texans83
03-09-2007, 07:33 AM
I was wondering when that was going to happen

BigWig
03-09-2007, 07:37 AM
carr is gone from the banner i see.
Now all we need is DD gone, besides he is not gonna be 37 anymore, I thought 31. :wheel:

kastofsna
03-09-2007, 07:37 AM
i'm not one into looking into small details like that, but seriously...they removed carr from the banner at the top eh? not a good sign for carr. or, a great one. no clue.

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 07:42 AM
I was wondering about that yesterday while this thread was getting heated. He was there yesterday - gone today...

Look out DDW......"You're Next!!!"

eric138
03-09-2007, 07:47 AM
What new banner. I still see david, lundy, D williams.

What skin are y''all using?

pv1999
03-09-2007, 07:59 AM
I still see Carr and Davis..errr....Williams.

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Huh?!?!?! I look up there and see DeMeco, Dunta and DDW (who should be off there shortly) and probably will have AJ instead...

kastofsna
03-09-2007, 08:24 AM
here's what ya should be seeing

http://forums.houstontexans.com/images/mb_header.jpg

real
03-09-2007, 08:24 AM
I still see the same old banner...

Maddict5
03-09-2007, 08:25 AM
still carr, dunta and DD on mine aswell

Texan_Bill
03-09-2007, 08:36 AM
here's what ya should be seeing

http://forums.houstontexans.com/images/mb_header.jpg

Thats the one I see.

Vinny
03-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Someone upstairs initiated Carr coming off the banner because it didn't come from me. I'd usually just tell you guys to do the math on it...so, I'll stick with that.

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Do you know what the biggest injustice is, AJ is our best player and has been for quite some time. He is the only player that has been to the pro bowl (other than a special teamer) on this team and multiple times at that.

I love DeMeco, but there should be a rank structure. That should be AJ up there, and then DeMeco replaces DW/DD/or whatever the hell he's calling himself these days.

Seriously why isn't Andre up there.

Vinny
03-09-2007, 08:52 AM
because it's just a banner. Hell, just last year we had half of you guys in the Carr camp telling us how much he sucked and how much better Carr would be with a better wr than him. You can't please everyone...especially on message boards.

texans83
03-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Do you know what the biggest injustice is, AJ is our best player and has been for quite some time. He is the only player that has been to the pro bowl (other than a special teamer) on this team and multiple times at that.

I love DeMeco, but there should be a rank structure. That should be AJ up there, and then DeMeco replaces DW/DD/or whatever the hell he's calling himself these days.

thats a very good question. I really dont know why he is not up there but he should be IMO.

2BCF
03-09-2007, 08:54 AM
I still see the same old banner...

try clearing cookies & cache.

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 08:54 AM
because it's just a banner. Hell, just last year we had half of you guys in the Carr camp telling us how much he sucked and how much better Carr would be with a better wr than him. You can't please everyone...especially on message boards.

I know, I'm just saying. You would think it would be a obvious choice. There's three guys up there and our 2x pro bowler is left off the list. Especially on a team thats really lacking in the "pro bowler" department.

Vinny
03-09-2007, 08:55 AM
try clearing cookies & cache. click me (http://forums.houstontexans.com/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=942d218c7f070c860beb2dc15377bd39)

Sportsfan
03-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Where's David?

I know where he isn't. On the forum banner.

Wow. Just noticed that. If that isn't a sign to the fans, i don't know what is.

Would like to see Demeco, Dre, and Laron Landry up there sometime. :heh:

Vinny
03-09-2007, 08:57 AM
I know, I'm just saying. You would think it would be a obvious choice. There's three guys up there and our 2x pro bowler is left off the list. Especially on a team thats really lacking in the "pro bowler" department.Do you really think Dom is staying on it? My best advice is to relax...the offseason is a long wait. They didn't even put up a new banner..they just took Carr off of the old one. Interesting stuff if you ask me.

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Do you really think Dom is staying on it? My best advice is to relax...the offseason is a long wait.

In all honesty I'm surprised he's still up there, thats the only place he's able to show up week after week. :)

thunderkyss
03-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Someone upstairs initiated Carr coming off the banner because it didn't come from me. I'd usually just tell you guys to do the math on it...so, I'll stick with that.

When you say upstairs... do you mean some guy in the graphics department in the office above yours??

Or... :lightbulb:

Mr. White
03-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Do you really think Dom is staying on it? My best advice is to relax...the offseason is a long wait. They didn't even put up a new banner..they just took Carr off of the old one. Interesting stuff if you ask me.

Yeah. Real interesting since we're talking about a "they" as opposed to an "I." :secret: I'll shut up now.

real
03-09-2007, 09:03 AM
try clearing cookies & cache.

Oh...ok....

Wow...

Vinny
03-09-2007, 09:04 AM
When you say upstairs... do you mean some guy in the graphics department in the office above yours??

Or... :lightbulb:
the web development team gets it's direction from the Texans Front Office. I made this banner with a guy named Easy Co. Actually, he made it, and I approved it after looking at a few of them and telling him to do this or that (too busy at first). The graphics people haven't come in and spliced out a player in our banner at any time in 4 years, so moving David out today is not something one would do arbitrarily by some web guy who does Taco Bell or Kentucky Fried Chicken animation.

Errant Hothy
03-09-2007, 09:06 AM

Really.

Hey, Vinny on an off topic question who designs things like this for the web-site?

Mr teX
03-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Vinny, What's up man, where you been, Out drinking with some of your fellow 49er fans after their FA whirlwind?

The Pencil Neck
03-09-2007, 09:12 AM
I agree with competition.
It is the cornerstone of capitalism.
But if you open it up with who we have or have had at QB, Dave wins.

And how much of that lack of production is Carr, how much is due to his lack of a supporting cast. Last I checked we don't have a direct snap to Andre play. That means Carr does actually make some plays. The question is 'If Andre can have success in this "offense" then why can't anyone else?' Is he the only guy we have that can catch and run? If so, then that seems to be a more pressing issue than who is throwing the ball.

I believe if you open it up to competition, Dave might win the starting position in training camp but as soon as games start, he loses it. He might even lose it in the preseason games. The reason is that I think the beatings have ruined David and he only looks good in practice when he knows he's not going to get hit. He's the opposite of a gamer at this point.

Carr started performing badly last year when his supporting cast actually started getting better. His running game got better, the defense started playing better. We won some games with the running game and the defense DESPITE Carr's performance (Raiders, Browns, and Colts).

Before the season started, Kubiak promised AJ that he was going to get over 100 receptions. And he made sure that happened. But take a look at the numbers. Although he had 103 receptions, he was tied for the lowest yards/reception average of the guys in the top 20 in yardage. So, although the Texans didn't have a direct snap to AJ, they were doing the next closest thing. Although Carr is supposed to have this big gun for an arm, he didn't show it last year... even when he had plenty of time and open receivers down the field.

Vinny
03-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Really.

Hey, Vinny on an off topic question who designs things like this for the web-site?
J&A Partners (http://www.japartners.com/) designs this entire site, but as far as the message board goes it's all fan driven. It's you guys...all the avatars, banners and stock sigs were user submitted. I approve and coordinate everything but it's all you. Actually, the very first item that has come from them on this board is splicing in DeMeco over Carr today, and I'm sure they didn't just do it for the heck of it. They host the board, stay out of the way and let us fans handle it for the most part. Good folks.

thunderkyss
03-09-2007, 09:14 AM
the web development team gets it's direction from the Texans Front Office. I made this banner with a guy named Easy Co. Actually, he made it, and I approved it after looking at a few of them and telling him to do this or that (too busy at first). The graphics people haven't come in and spliced out a player in our banner at any time in 4 years, so moving David out today is not something one would do arbitrarily by some web guy who does Taco Bell or Kentucky Fried Chicken animation.

:ok:

kastofsna
03-09-2007, 09:15 AM
tis the best way to handle an offical team board, vinny. the bucs board is a disaster. unbelievably strict rules.

HOU-TEX
03-09-2007, 09:20 AM
[/B]

:cry2: ...............like I said, starters were still playing into the 4th quarter, and 4 quarters makes a game.

Yes, there were a few starters still in the game. You're deviating from your original spewage. As you can see from what you posted yesterday saying "every defensive player but the Dlinemen and DEs (which by the way, are Dlinemen) were playing all through the game", is not true. Practically the entire secondary and LBs were backups. I've provided links to back up what I've posted. You've provided nothing, lies once again. See ya! :victory:

thunderkyss
03-09-2007, 09:23 AM
The graphics people haven't come in and spliced out a player in our banner at any time in 4 years,

you'd think they could have found a better picture though... there are plenty of them out there.

I like that one after his first tackle in the NFL for a loss. I think it was vs Philly, we were in Liberty White, he just shot through the middle of the line, rolled up buckhalter, and rolled up to his feet without missing a beat. He does a little Judo Punch.

I'm just saying.

thunderkyss
03-09-2007, 09:24 AM
tis the best way to handle an offical team board, vinny. the bucs board is a disaster. unbelievably strict rules.

Out of curiosity.... & not because we don't enjoy you around here(we need someone we can all agree on kicking around)... but do you spend as much time on other boards as you do here??

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Breaking news

Cold Pizza just said

Source says CARR WILL BE TRADED

"and Sage wil be left the starter after failed attempts to acquire veteran QB"

Uh oh, no wonder they changed the Banner.

underdog65
03-09-2007, 09:27 AM
The first year, the web site had a downloadable screen saver ( which I still use) but I have not seen that again. My screen saver still shows the old regime. Is there a new screen saver available or is that in the works for this year?

Dime
03-09-2007, 09:29 AM
I refuse to even post on this thread...... doh!

kastofsna
03-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Out of curiosity.... & not because we don't enjoy you around here(we need someone we can all agree on kicking around)... but do you spend as much time on other boards as you do here??
i float around many football boards. helps work pass a little easier.

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 09:32 AM

Ok.

real
03-09-2007, 09:35 AM
"heeeyyy, And I looove it"

Sportsfan
03-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Breaking news

Cold Pizza just said

Source says CARR WILL BE TRADED

"and Sage wil be left the starter after failed attempts to acquire veteran QB"

Uh oh, no wonder they changed the Banner.

Heard on 610 that we might hear something official about this by the end of the day today according to Mark Berman of Fox 26 Sports.

Carr Bombed
03-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Heard on 610 that we might hear something official about this by the end of the day today according to Mark Berman of Fox 26 Sports.

Post this in the other thread I'm sure there are alot of folks that are very excited about that news

STONE D 55
03-09-2007, 10:00 AM
At the top of the message board. It's about time we put a better player up there. While your at it could you get the guy on the right off too? Maybe put Mario and have an all DEFENSE picture. If things go as well as I hope this next season then you can put our new QB up there:victory:

freedoggy77
03-09-2007, 06:45 PM
too bad Davis/Williams is still up there. and Carr is probably hiding in fear of his life.

NFLforher
03-09-2007, 07:35 PM
too bad Davis/Williams is still up there. and Carr is probably hiding in fear of his life.

Carr was out golfing and enjoying his time off. Good for him. He only has to fear for his life on the field.