PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

Dime
03-08-2007, 12:43 AM
I want to thank Kub and Mr. Smith on making this an interesting off-season so far. I am seeing drama, suspense, excitement, and good thought-out moves. We are not paying through the nose for people, and trimmed a few that we were paying through the nose on. The Plummer situation is a scenario I wouldnít havenít ever dreamed up (We wanted him; Broncos didnít want us to without a pick, trade to TB, so he retires, etc). Come-on... This is better then a movie sometimes on the positioning teams do and the strategies they have been invoking. I thought it was going to be boring for the off-season. Boy was I wrong.

Andrew6
03-08-2007, 12:47 AM
i've got popcorn reading all the stuff thats goin on from day to day... feels like i'm watching my stories lol :dance2:

SAMURAITEXAN
03-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Yes indeed, very interesting off-season. I just hope we come out ahead of whatever we decided to do on FA and Draft. Right now, this off-season situation sure beats heck out of any of TV soap opera show IMO! Just like Andrew said, I'll get my popcorn ready as well.

Malloy
03-08-2007, 04:46 AM
Agree, that whole Plummer situation has confused me :)

WaywardTexanFan
03-08-2007, 06:13 AM
I believe that as the drama plays it'self out that Plummer will be a Texan by 28 April and yes I agree this is off season is better then any mini-drama on network TV.

Tailgate
03-08-2007, 08:44 AM
The beauty if this off season thus far is..... they haven't made the Todd Wade moves we were so used to in years past. GREAT SIGN for the future.

BigWig
03-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I think its been real boring we havent done anything, IMHO!:wheel:

Tailgate
03-08-2007, 09:30 AM
I think its been real boring we havent done anything, IMHO!:wheel:

Thats the price we pay this year in hopes of being very active next year with more cap room.

DocBar
03-08-2007, 09:37 AM
I've been VERY happy with the non-moves so far. I THINK what we're seeing is the result of actually having a PLAN going into the offseason. IMHO, we're being very shrewd in FA and planning on building through good drafts(the way it SHOULD be done). I don't see us doing anything crazy in either one of them. I also don't see us making any major reaches along the lines of Babin or Travis Johnson. This is the 1st offseason since 2002 that I really feel like the FO has it's act together and is going to have the kind of offseason that a winning team can be built on. I'm impressed so far and juiced for the draft!
:yahoo:

Tailgate
03-08-2007, 09:59 AM
I've been VERY happy with the non-moves so far. I THINK what we're seeing is the result of actually having a PLAN going into the offseason. IMHO, we're being very shrewd in FA and planning on building through good drafts(the way it SHOULD be done). I don't see us doing anything crazy in either one of them. I also don't see us making any major reaches along the lines of Babin or Travis Johnson. This is the 1st offseason since 2002 that I really feel like the FO has it's act together and is going to have the kind of offseason that a winning team can be built on. I'm impressed so far and juiced for the draft!
:yahoo:

Exactly.... this regime has an accurate VALUE placed on players, and simply refuses to overpay for them. Its healthy, and what we needed.

SAMURAITEXAN
03-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Gosh Tailgate. Please don't compare Rick and charlie. It's an insult to Rick!

Tailgate
03-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Gosh Tailgate. Please don't compare Rick and charlie. It's an insult to Rick!

I did?

SAMURAITEXAN
03-08-2007, 10:50 AM
I just thoght that mentioning Todd Wade moves was an insult. I think Rick is much wiser than that. There may be a little wrong move here and there in the future but Todd Wade moves? No. Seems to me his got a real good head no his shoulder. We got a real GM now. What we had before is GM but that GM stands for Great Moron.

Tailgate
03-08-2007, 11:05 AM
I just thoght that mentioning Todd Wade moves was an insult. I think Rick is much wiser than that. There may be a little wrong move here and there in the future but Todd Wade moves? No. Seems to me his got a real good head no his shoulder. We got a real GM now. What we had before is GM but that GM stands for Great Moron.

Absolutely. I was implying everything you said in my post. Todd Wade moves.. meaning the Charley Cass type moves.... is below Rick Smith.

SAMURAITEXAN
03-08-2007, 12:12 PM
I know Tailgate. I was just trying say for fun of it about Charlie. Because, it is obvious that Charlie does not belongs to a same league Rick is in.
Anyway, I'm really excited to have Rick as TEXANS' GM.

Tailgate
03-08-2007, 12:28 PM
I know Tailgate. I was just trying say for fun of it about Charlie. Because, it is obvious that Charlie does not belongs to a same league Rick is in.
Anyway, I'm really excited to have Rick as TEXANS' GM.

Ummm.... yeah. I am a little slow this morning apparently. Hump day happy hour will get you every time.

SAMURAITEXAN
03-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Ummm.... yeah. I am a little slow this morning apparently. Hump day happy hour will get you every time.

Ha Ha me too Tailgate me too. You know, I'd just have feeling that Gary & Rick are cooking something special for us fans and city of Houston in near future!! :trophy:

slamdunc
03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
I believe that as the drama plays it'self out that Plummer will be a Texan by 28 April and yes I agree this is off season is better then any mini-drama on network TV.

If anything happens it will probabaly be on draft day. Don't see much happening with Tampa and their 134 QB's till then. Just my thoughts on it.