PDA

View Full Version : So the Ramsey deal was to pressure the Broncos?

Nighthawk
03-07-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm trying to follow this without a program. If Plummer does indeed want to come to Houston, and Houston wants him, but doesn't want to give up a 3rd round choice, did Houston bring Ramsey (who the Broncos apparently want as backup to Cutler) as a threat to the Broncos for holding Plummer for the 3rd round pick ransom?

Or am I way off, again?

Carr Bombed
03-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Doesn't Tampa Bay already own the rights to Plummer?

Trap_Star
03-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I think we're just honestly looking for Sage's backup...:stirpot:

Ole Miss Texan
03-07-2007, 06:29 PM
I think we're just honestly looking for Sage's backup...:stirpot:

your picture looks like he's saying..."Where's MY diet pepsi!?"

BGRICK
03-07-2007, 07:31 PM
don't think it matters now the Broncos signed him already

Navy_Chris
03-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Doesn't Tampa Bay already own the rights to Plummer?

Tampa will find a way to spin him off to Houston. Don't kid yourself, Kubiak WANTS Plummer, IMO. It's just a matter of...How badly do we want Brady Quinn? DO we want Brady Quinn? I think the answer is Yes, we do want Quinn. So, how much will we be willing to give up to get Jake?

Buckle
03-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Broncos | Team signs Ramsey
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:21:24 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos have signed unrestricted free-agent QB Patrick Ramsey (Jets) to a two-year contract worth approximately $5 million, with about $1.5 million in guarantees.

Tulip
03-07-2007, 07:47 PM
So, how much will we be willing to give up to get Jake?

Probably whatever we get for David.

Navy_Chris
03-07-2007, 07:47 PM

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos have signed unrestricted free-agent QB Patrick Ramsey (Jets) to a two-year contract worth approximately $5 million, with about $1.5 million in guarantees.

That's about what Sage got last year. Well, Sage got 4 yrs/$10M, but it averages out to about the same per year. So, does this mean we're DEFINITELY considering Brady Quinn? If so, are we moving up to get him?

Stros5Texans80
03-07-2007, 07:48 PM

Quite an interesting deal. Let's see how we respond. :poker:

Tulip
03-07-2007, 08:58 PM

I'm getting a similar feeling about all of this.

QB75
03-07-2007, 09:08 PM

Well, I am glad to see Ramsey signed somewhere else. He is a good kid and will likely do well in Denver behind Cutler. Hopefully Plummer will either stay in Tampa Bay or retire.

Credible free agent alternatives to Carr and Sage are dwindling pretty fast, and hopefully someone will take Quinn before the Texans have a chance, leaving the Texans to focus on defense, o-line, and backs.

Honoring Earl 34
03-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Well, I am glad to see Ramsey signed somewhere else. He is a good kid and will likely do well in Denver behind Cutler. Hopefully Plummer will either stay in Tampa Bay or retire.

Credible free agent alternatives to Carr and Sage are dwindling pretty fast, and hopefully someone will take Quinn before the Texans have a chance, leaving the Texans to focus on defense, o-line, and backs.

Is'nt that like begging .... for circumstances to break your way so the people trying to fire you will be stuck with you .

This is not the fire we're looking for .

Dime
03-07-2007, 09:22 PM

If they have the mindset to remove Carr.. he will be gone... oh yes... he will be gone.

QB75
03-07-2007, 09:46 PM
If they have the mindset to remove Carr.. he will be gone... oh yes... he will be gone.

You are probably right, but the fact that Sage is pretty fragile, Carr is tough, and there are very few credible free agents left fortunately makes the decision much more difficult. While the Texans might consider starting Sage, they won't go that route without a credible and durable backup, (and Bradlee and Quincy don't fit the bill). In other words, if you eliminate Carr from the picture right now, the only true pro QB the Texans have now is Sage. THAT is why Carr is still here.

Since the semi-decent free agents are dwindling, it makes it a tougher decision to let Carr go before the draft. If Plummer finds his way over here then, yes, Carr is definitely gone. If not, Carr will be here on draft day until they acquire a QB. And in order to assure getting Quinn, someone is going to force them to trade up.

:redtowel:

Dime
03-07-2007, 10:39 PM
You are probably right, but the fact that Sage is pretty fragile, Carr is tough, and there are very few credible free agents left fortunately makes the decision much more difficult. While the Texans might consider starting Sage, they won't go that route without a credible and durable backup, (and Bradlee and Quincy don't fit the bill). In other words, if you eliminate Carr from the picture right now, the only true pro QB the Texans have now is Sage. THAT is why Carr is still here.

Since the semi-decent free agents are dwindling, it makes it a tougher decision to let Carr go before the draft. If Plummer finds his way over here then, yes, Carr is definitely gone. If not, Carr will be here on draft day until they acquire a QB. And in order to assure getting Quinn, someone is going to force them to trade up.

:redtowel:

Actually.. If Carr can make it past day two via the draft, I think he will have a real shot at starting for us. But that is a long ways away.

keyfro
03-07-2007, 10:57 PM
personally i don't see how can be here in training camp...with players throwing him under the bus i just don't see how management could do that to him...i mean it would take a huge let's all come together moment in the locker-room which just won't happen

what we'll probably see now is another guy come in for an interview...a guy who has played for awhile and has been a back-up for awhile with relatively little playing time...a guy like anthony wright, or marques tuiasosopo...maybe john navarre since arizona didn't tender him an offer they don't get any draft compensation for losing him

these guys do have some mobility and some very limited playing time...all have started a few games here and there...but none have had success starting with the exception going to anthony wright...haha...who knows maybe aaron brooks is on his way down for a visit

Second Honeymoon
03-07-2007, 11:18 PM
personally i don't see how can be here in training camp...with players throwing him under the bus i just don't see how management could do that to him...i mean it would take a huge let's all come together moment in the locker-room which just won't happen

what we'll probably see now is another guy come in for an interview...a guy who has played for awhile and has been a back-up for awhile with relatively little playing time...a guy like anthony wright, or marques tuiasosopo...maybe john navarre since arizona didn't tender him an offer they don't get any draft compensation for losing him

these guys do have some mobility and some very limited playing time...all have started a few games here and there...but none have had success starting with the exception going to anthony wright...haha...who knows maybe aaron brooks is on his way down for a visit

man i sure hope you are wrong about those prospects. navarre is somewhat easier to stomach but only as a backup. if brooks comes down here and signs the whole Texans FO needs to take a random urinalysis.

Nighthawk
03-07-2007, 11:41 PM

Hang on, aren't you the guy who claims to be Carr's brother and who was telling us a day or two ago how we would all rot in he11 for treating Carr so bad?

Pee Wee Herman is a credible free agent alternative to David Carr, IMHO.

GP
03-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Hulk75 is David's brother.

I have theorized that QB75 is also a relative of DC's...but I cannot prove it yet.

Having "75" in their screen names lends itself to such a theory. But I digress...

swtbound07
03-08-2007, 01:06 AM

I have theorized that QB75 is also a relative of DC's...but I cannot prove it yet.

Having "75" in their screen names lends itself to such a theory. But I digress...

and the fact that they are the only 2 people in the known world who still believe carr is a franchise quarterback RIGHT NOW

Carr Bombed
03-08-2007, 03:44 AM
Maybe they are the same person. Hulk probably does need someone to agree with him these days :confused:

Nighthawk
03-08-2007, 04:59 AM

What is the significance of the "75"? Is that the amount in millions that Carr fleeced the Texans for?

TexansSB07
03-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Tampa will find a way to spin him off to Houston. Don't kid yourself, Kubiak WANTS Plummer, IMO. It's just a matter of...How badly do we want Brady Quinn? DO we want Brady Quinn? I think the answer is Yes, we do want Quinn. So, how much will we be willing to give up to get Jake?

I think Brady Quinn is a 2nd round pick at best, deep draft full of QBs. BUT with Browns signing Jamal Lewis I think Adrian Peterson looks to be there at #8:yahoo:

Cjeremy635
03-08-2007, 06:27 AM
I don't know if anyone saw channel 13 news @ 6:00 last night, but Bob Allen mentioned that the Texans were still interested in Plummer and were probably trying to find a way to get him here. (paraphrasing....it was something along those lines) Just a little FYI.

coachdent
03-08-2007, 06:35 AM
$5 million for two years for a washed up backup who honestly shouldn't be in the league? Um...I think I am happy we passed on Mr. Ramsey. I know the opinion of Texans QBs is fairly low, but Patty is a clipboard holder at best anywhere

WaywardTexanFan
03-08-2007, 06:52 AM
I am confused by how Ramsey coming to Houston put pressure on Denver. I believe that Houston had a legitment interest in Ramsey for whatever reason.

trutxn
03-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Probably whatever we get for David.

Exactly, because they have the same value and talent level. Plummer just had a better team around him for a longer time.

QB75
03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Hang on, aren't you the guy who claims to be Carr's brother and who was telling us a day or two ago how we would all rot in he11 for treating Carr so bad?

Pee Wee Herman is a credible free agent alternative to David Carr, IMHO.

No, I don't know David Carr personally. I just would like to see him play another year under Gary Kubiak.

steelbtexan
03-08-2007, 03:42 PM
the ? is does kubes want Carr back for another year. (answer) I don't think so

QB75
03-08-2007, 04:25 PM
and the fact that they are the only 2 people in the known world who still believe carr is a franchise quarterback RIGHT NOW

Actually, I don't know that he is a "franchise QB" right now. I think that the Capers era really hurt his development. I would just like Carr to have the benefit of one more year under Kubiak with a few better teammates in the WR, OL, RB and defensive positions.

I am glad to see anything happen (Plummer's retirement, Ramsey's signing, Garcia's signing, and any team moving up to get Quinn) that will make the decision to get rid of Carr more difficult. In that regard, I have liked the free agent signings so far. Nevertheless, it is still very early, and I wouldn't bet against Carr being somewhere else when season starts. Lots can happen.