No link yet.

AtheGreat
03-07-2007, 04:48 PM
makes sense to me.

Buckle
03-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Falcons | J. Horn agrees
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 14:31:00 -0800

ESPNews reports the Atlanta Falcons have agreed to a deal with WR Joe Horn (Saints). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

GuerillaBlack
03-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Good move to the Falcons. Will meet the Saints twice a year. I wonder if it would be the same kind of welcome as when Randy Moss played the Vikings. The fans congratulated him and were happy.

real
03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Good move to the Falcons. Will meet the Saints twice a year. I wonder if it would be the same kind of welcome as when Randy Moss played the Vikings. The fans congratulated him and were happy.

People in N.O. Love Joe Horn...

He'll most def. be greeted with a coke and a smile...

kastofsna
03-07-2007, 05:24 PM
somehow horn is goin to develop a case of the dropsies with vick.

thunderkyss
03-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Horn made Vicks cousin look like a probowler.

Vick is a probowler.

I see good things happening in Atlanta.

IMHO, Joe Horn is another one of those guys you're better off not betting against.

Samer
03-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I think Horn is a better receiver than Lelie, nothing against Lelie he got talent, it will be interesting to see how Vick will do, will he finally break the 3,000 yards barrier next season?

Trap_Star
03-07-2007, 08:07 PM
If you want to be an all-pro receiver, ATL is not the place you want to be...

mexican_texan
03-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Great way to stick it to the Saints.

Please_Evolve
03-08-2007, 12:25 AM
I think Horn is a better receiver than Lelie, nothing against Lelie he got talent, it will be interesting to see how Vick will do, will he finally break the 3,000 yards barrier next season?

If you're talking about the 3000 rushing yards yes...oh you meant passing. No.

Maddict5
03-08-2007, 07:10 AM
i heard horn was past it...maybe in his workout they had lewis sanders covering him..in which case bad signing :)

kastofsna
03-08-2007, 07:19 AM
Great way to stick it to the Saints.
he'd only be sticking it to the Saints if he was able to do anything. but his QB is michael vick, so....no.

thunderkyss
03-08-2007, 08:24 AM
he'd only be sticking it to the Saints if he was able to do anything. but his QB is michael vick, so....no.

Like I said, he made Aaron Brooks look like a ProBowler... He'll be fine with Vick.

Horn is so much more than just a WR. He's the guy that makes everyone around him want to play better. He's a real leader at the WR position, and he'll get the best out of everybody on the field.

He's the WR version of Vince Young.

thespaniard
03-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Horn is so much more than just a WR. He's the guy that makes everyone around him want to play better. He's a real leader at the WR position, and he'll get the best out of everybody on the field.

..when he's on the field himself. He's played one full season in the last 4 years. Personally I think 4 years 19 million is way too long and way too much.

kastofsna
03-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Like I said, he made Aaron Brooks look like a ProBowler... He'll be fine with Vick.

aaron brooks never looked like a pro bowler. brooks just had a few good years, thanks to horn, as well as the other quality receivers and the good running game. he also sucked a lot with horn.

there's no comparisons at all to vince young.

thunderkyss
03-08-2007, 09:00 AM
aaron brooks never looked like a pro bowler. brooks just had a few good years, thanks to horn, as well as the other quality receivers and the good running game. he also sucked a lot with horn.

there's no comparisons at all to vince young.

I could have sworn he was a PRoBowl Aternate one year.

Most proBowl QBs can thank a probowl reciever and a potent running game.

& I did make the comparison.

stingray
03-08-2007, 09:47 AM
It doesn't matter what reciever goes to Atlanta, until Shaub takes over, they will underachieve.

Texas_Thrill
03-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Horn doesn't seem to be the same WR he was in past years. I think he's better than anything ATL which isn't saying alot honestly.

Maybe he can teach the young wr's in ATL a thing or two or three. Of course it might help if he shows Vick how to throw a touch pass as well. Yea I'm not sure how much this is goin to help.

Exithios
03-08-2007, 10:02 AM
The Falcons could have Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, and Don Johnson and they still would be a below average passing offense because of Vick. :neener:

BleedTheBurntOrange
03-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Last time i checked Michael Vick got the Falcons to the NFC title game so we know he can pass he just has to put it all together and if he does watch out.

We saw glimpes of it last year against the steelers and bengals he can do it he just has to be more consistent.

Horn will bring leadership to that team and wisdom to that receiving corps which has underachieved. I like the signing maybe not that much money but if it can help them grow up and progress it will be worth it.

stingray
03-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Last time i checked Michael Vick got the Falcons to the NFC title game so we know he can pass he just has to put it all together and if he does watch out.

We saw glimpes of it last year against the steelers and bengals he can do it he just has to be more consistent.

Horn will bring leadership to that team and wisdom to that receiving corps which has underachieved. I like the signing maybe not that much money but if it can help them grow up and progress it will be worth it.

The NFC championship game was a long time ago. And your right, he is inconsistent. And that's the last thing you want in a QB, inconsistency. He's time is over he's not a young dude anymore. He's just overrated.

BleedTheBurntOrange
03-08-2007, 10:12 AM
The NFC championship game was a long time ago. And your right, he is inconsistent. And that's the last thing you want in a QB, inconsistency. He's time is over he's not a young dude anymore. He's just overrated.

Yea but the fact is he made it to one cause he put it together and if he puts it all together they could win a super bowl.

He is overrated right now but he still has more talent than anyone in this league and if he ever capitalizes on all that talent they will win a super bowl.

stingray
03-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Yea but the fact is he made it to one cause he put it together and if he puts it all together they could win a super bowl.

He is overrated right now but he still has more talent than anyone in this league and if he ever capitalizes on all that talent they will win a super bowl.

Yes, he is very talented. I just think he is not an accurate thrower. Seems like his passes are kinda of target.

Mr teX
03-08-2007, 10:17 AM

I know Vick is relieved he's got someone other than Algernon to throw to. Great signing for the falcons, Now do they continue to go WR in the Draft?

BleedTheBurntOrange
03-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Yes, he is very talented. I just think he is not an accurate thrower. Seems like his passes are kinda of target.

I agree, he can be but he rather throw it 99 mph which is good for certain throws like tight spots but not on ones that need accuracy.

Also it doesnt help when his receivers drop wide open passes(yes you roddy white)

I think they screwed him up going to the west coast offense im not sure what they ran before knapp came in but it was more successful i bet he's glad they got rid of him.

thunderkyss
03-08-2007, 10:32 AM
I agree, he can be but he rather throw it 99 mph which is good for certain throws like tight spots but not on ones that need accuracy.

Also it doesnt help when his receivers drop wide open passes(yes you roddy white)

I think they screwed him up going to the west coast offense im not sure what they ran before knapp came in but it was more successful i bet he's glad they got rid of him.

I think they screwed up by making his scrambling ability part of their offense. He's at his best, when he's unpredictable, and makes things happen. Making it a "feature" in their offense had everybody expecting it, knowing what to look for, knowing how to force him into their hands. Kind of like forcing a point guard to go to his right, when he loves to go left.

don't get me wrong, I'm not a Vick fan(well I like to watch him play, but I wouldn't want my team built around that) I don't think he's any better than David as a QB. He's been in the league forever, and they still haven't found out how to make him successful.